• Pros

• "Great price, feature rich, customer service is prompt to assist and go out of their way to make sure client is satisfied."

• "I like the flexibility to tailor the product to suit our needs,"

• "I've never met a company with this unbelievable best support ever!"

• Cons

• "Some of the fields functions are vague, but the customer support is right there to explain quickly."

• "Documentation is not always clear but the help desk with its online chat is very effective."

• "The only improvements I would make is to allow sales goals that are units vs. $$ and allowing input of multi-month Opportunities. "

Browse Apptivo Reviews

Vernessa from Blog Posts, Long-Form Articles, Short Reports, Case Studies

Apptivo is All-Inclusive, Modern ERP Cloud App Done Right (Just Add Speed and GUI Refresh)

I was using Teamwork (formerly Teamwork PM) for project management, a local install of vTiger CRM for contacts and opportunity management, and myriad other cloud-based apps to pull together administrative activities. I wanted an all-inclusive software with strong project management features that also allowed me to handle detailed invoicing and allowed customers to click a link to pay. Lastly, the CRM component had to be at least as good as vTiger (or Zoho CRM which I'd also given a trial run). Apptivo satisfied these needs. Pleased with the CRM, opportunity management, project management, field service management, and billing apps (especially since they've added Stripe as a payment gateway).

Pros

They do not nickle-and-dime you to death! One price includes everything. Their tiers are about number of users rather than adding/subtracting features. A more sensible model than some of the others. I like how detail views are available from most places -- call logs, projects, tasks, and notes can be associated with a contact or company or opportunity. The integration with email is excellent, right down to making it easy to connect your email boxes. One challenge I had that Apptivo solved for me was how to keep emails related to a particular project or opportunity all together in one place. Apptivo does a good job of this by assigning codes (or project numbers), and allowing you to select whether or not the email you are writing is related. If you are writing emails using some other application (your desktop client or cloud-based app), you can use the same code in the subject line and Apptivo will pull that email into the app, and associate it with the relevant modules (project, client, case, etc.)

Cons

Apptivo is reliable, doesn't seem to ever lose information, etc. but it is often as slow as molasses in an ice storm. Waiting is a no-no; constant waiting is a annoyance that has made me close the app more than once and come back another time. Apptivo communicates improvements and changes on a regular basis, however, it takes Apptivo a long, loooooong time to integrate changes that have been requested by clients, and improvements overall. The incremental changes they report on are good but they are really things that should have been implemented 4-5 years ago. An example of this is Stripe (payment gateway) integration. I requested it over and over about 3 years ago but it was just implemented last year. They could do better with customization (esp. dashboards), reporting, data import, data export and speed. Low scores on API/integrations -- they have an API but not many other services have developed integrations for it. Neither have they developed many integrations (except for Google products). Even their WordPress module is outdated, clunky. Also, connection to phone services (to take better advantage of the ability to log calls). The interface still has areas that are clunky and unattractive (although, in defense of Apptivo, I must say the interface has improved in aesthetics, colors and icons in the 4 years I've been using it).

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

Lucious from Lu Gold EDC

Here's What You Need to Know

Fulfilling

Pros

Do not be decieved by Apptivo's simple interface. It is POWERFUL. Imagine having Sales Force, Mailchimp, Quickbooks all combined into one application that works on all types of devices. That is what apptivo is. I like the fact that there is an app for everything within the Apptivo app itself, and all those apps are free! I like that when i'm customsing and i spot an issue, i click the help button and Vignesh or another support team come online in literally 12 seconds and tell me how to solve the problem. I like the fact that i'm paying just 20 dollars for this instead of 120 dollars per user for sales force. I like the fact that i can customise invoices, set up email templates, set up triggers so whenever i create a type of customer a special type of email is sent from a special address. If i keep going on, i won't stop

Cons

I really can't think of anything. Maybe i do not really like when i cant find a feature, but when i report it, 10 days later i get an email that feature was added. So they solved that problem

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

personal onboarding. pricing and customer support

Dorcas from Tach-It / Ben Clements & Sons

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Getting the support when you need it

We are keeping track of leads form our website and from trade shows. We are using as a CRM to know when to contact and follow-up with customers and prospects. they helped us create a custom program for providing quotes through Apptivo and to track them. An recently we started a new program to track applications testing for customers to see how many turn into a sale. They also worked with us to create custom triggers to go out to our leads and customers with specific messages to keep the sales moving along without the sales team getting involved. This is all new and we are just getting it up and running. However, I feel it will be a great asset to our business and will help us to grow overall. Again, the software is easy to use an the support team is the best I have come across in the industry.

Pros

The Apptivo team has been a dream to work with. We went with another large CRM company first and struggled for a year before giving up and finding Apptivo. This software is easy to use overall. When you need something special and custom, their team will work with you until your project is working well. The cost to get custom projects done is reasonable and you get a lot of support. I can not say enough good about the technical team, service team, project mangers and customer service at this company. They all receive 5 stars in my book and that is a very hard task to accomplish. I rarely give five stars for anything. We continue to add licenses each year, give them a try and they will amaze you.

Cons

The only thing I struggle with is the fact that the contacts data base and the customer data base are two separate entities.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Ease of use Support system they provide Videos and training for anything you need Great Project Mangers for special projects Great support, services and customer service team Five stars in my book!

Sean from Insomniac Computers

Decided to switch to something else

Their software is decent, but they really seem to loathe their Starter Plan customers. The way they hack out features that they don't want available is sloppy, and makes it necessary to come up with ways to work around their intentional stumbling blocks. Apptivo - If you don't want to offer a free product, don't. I got the hint, and I'm setting up PayPal Invoicing tonight.

Pros

I've been using their "Starter Plan" since 2012. It is good enough to get by, and it is free. I mostly use the invoicing module.

Cons

Certain settings in the starter plan don't make sense. For example, the e-mail template includes a link to paying online, but online payments aren't supported in the starter plan. Modifying the e-mail template to take that link out is also not supported in the starter plan. I could deal with all that, but now, after a year of using the recurring invoices feature, they suddenly stop working. The tech support person says I have to upgrade my plan to use that. But the settings pages all work, and my invoices are all just sitting there waiting.

Response from Apptivo

Replied June 2019

Hello Sean, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We're glad that you enjoyed using Apptivo as a customer for many years. The Starter Plan is generally very limited compared to the other plans. We also upgraded versions since you first created an account with us. This might have caused some unexpected changes. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and will take your feedback to the appropriate teams to help improve our user experience. Thank you again for your feedback! Team Apptivo

David from Health Best International, LLC

Quite Satisfied Users.

The experience has been great. Afte a 60-day ordeal with SalesForce (see below), had Apptivo up and running in a day. Doing the job. Getting the results. Users happy. Highly recommended.

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility and customization. Responsive (immediate) support. Integrated choice-based modules (one fee).

Cons

Would help to have a better understanding of the interaction between contacts, customers, opportunities, leads, etc. For example in our organization, a person can be 1,2,3 or all 4 of these simultaneously.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Breadth of product features, customization, flexibility. In particular a lot of quite positive user reviews. Oh ... and ... price ... couldn't beat it.

Rebecca from 1SimplePhone

Apptivo all the way!

We really needed something that would bring together all client information and communications to give our Sales, Support, and Accounting teams a clear picture of everything going on with our clients. And, we're even saving money with this single app instead of paying for several that either had to be "stitched" together with additional apps or APIs, or time-consuming copy/paste work.

Pros

Apptivo is taking the place of our CRM, project management, sales tracking, and support ticket applications - all in one online package!

Cons

Its not exactly a con. Apptivo is capable of so much, that it can seem a little overwhelming, but it also means that we can truly make it our own instead of us having to conform to apps created for other businesses or created too broadly, that they didn't fit our needs. It is taking some time to set things up the way we need, but Apptivo has great support, and even offers assistance in creating workflows.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

We can save money with one company since you can pick and choose which Apptivo apps (at mostly no additional cost) you want to use, and everything is connected throughout the life cycle of the client.

Shannon from Palladium Technologies

Industry: Maritime

Support is Amazing

The experience has been very good. I know the more we use it the easier it will become and the more we will learn. We have a training in 2 days to go over the product and ask a few questions, but so far the support has been very fast and very good.

Pros

We are new users and since we have implemented the software everyone is commenting on how amazing the support is and has been.

Cons

So far, nothing. (The fact that I'm not an expert yet)

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

It's ease of use and price.

Kaleena from CBD Reviews LLC

Best Bang for Your Buck!

So far so good! I love the chat service that helps me with my questions immediately and how they send screenshots to direct you.

Pros

The best feature of Apptivo is that you can add many apps (within limits of the plan you selected) to have a customized feel to what you really need and not the excess features that you will not use and that clog up your dashboard.

Cons

Not enough standard/written documentation on what the features do, don't do, what they mean. Some are self-explanatory but others are not.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Apptivo has the client management that I was able to create on Airtbale and combines the apps of Trello and Hugo for notes and tasks. It seems it will allow me to do most of the work I need in one platform rather than trying to sign on to different ones.

Niraj from SNJ Solutions

is so good

last one month they are problem in setup CRP chart support will take to more time implement for setup language problem for contamination support time zone issues for telephonic support

Pros

this very used full App and many app fled are available in this software

Cons

Agenda and task sysnk other software so good

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

This to to request please setup my business senior we are setup last one month not proper used so please arrange technical person and setup my business. call support language problem setup and export adverse for how to used this CRM

Dave from NetDiligence

Exceptional assistance from Gowmi on recent invoice generation issue

Overall, the wide array of software modules and features contained within each have helped us reasonably well over the past couple years to centralize our product and client billing functions.

Pros

Wanted to give a special thank you to Gowmi, who walked us through - and promptly adjusted templates for us relating to - a specialized case in the creation and sending of a partial payment invoice. We depend on Apptivo for most CRM functions, but we often have special case situations that need a deeper dive - and the present case was one of those. Gowmi took all of the time necessary to view my screenshots and descriptions, research the underlying problem, make changes to the templates we were using, and answered all of my follow-up questions. The problem was resolved in a timely manner, and we got the right information to our client as a result. What more can you ask for? Gowmi, thank you very much again!

Cons

We are into our 3rd year using the paid version of Apptivo. Over this period of time, we've had a moderate number of chat-based technical support issues that we've tried to resolve. Unfortunately, I've learned that if it gets to the point where the tech support team member is compelled to write a support ticket after exhausting their own team's resources, we typically never hear back again as follow-up to the ticket generation. Beyond that, admin users do not get the benefit of seeing any kind of "Your current open support tickets and progress" page that would give us some reassurance that tickets were actually being worked on by the senior support and developer teams. This has been a significant Achilles' heel in an otherwise very functional platform.

Response from Apptivo

Replied August 2019

Hello Dave, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you were happy with your experience with one of our support representatives. We understand and will collect your feedback regarding followups on tickets to notify our teams accordingly. Thank you so much again! Team Apptivo

Michael from GigIT, Inc.

Industry: Security and Investigations

General

Slow. Very pleased with how things work, but it took a little while to get used to the interface. Now that we have been using it for 3 months or so, it has everything we need all in one place.

Pros

The variety of features that cover Sales to Finance. The value of the apps that are offered fits perfectly into our organization.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to find things. I think this will diminish as I use the product more. The biggest frustration is the integration with other products especially O365. I think I have the email down, but calendar is harder than it should be. Using OneDrive only connects to my personal account and I would like to be able to connect it to our O365 sharepoint folders instead.

Response from Apptivo

Replied August 2019

Hello Michael, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you're happy with the value the apps bring to your company. We will collect this feedback on getting familiarized with Apptivo and notify our teams accordingly to improve the process. Thank you, again! Team Apptivo

Robert from Robert Parker Arts and Business Technology

Making a small business look large and professional

Very Happy with the product. It works well, year in and year out, and this year, I intend to learn how to use more aspects of it. It's a complete sales CRM and I don't really take advantage of that. I use it as an invoice generation tool. I am a loyal user and have no intention of looking elsewhere. BUT please think about that calendar feature. $60 and an invasive integration from Google, feels a bit much.

Pros

It is easy and quick to punch out an invoice copying an old customer invoice and making a couple changes in the body the Output looks Professional when I bill my corporate clients. I like that if I get stuck, CHAT is always available and it's been quick to resolve my confusion or concerns.

Cons

Inconsistent features access between my Ipad and my windows desktop. The IOS (Apple) apps have improved since I started using Apptivo. Although I had to have two separate Apps on my ipad initially and it was confusing, the main app has bulked up to where I rarely need to get on my windows machine. But I'm finding I do have to still, like setting up recurring invoices. Recording payments, seems to be less than intuitive, resulting in me over crediting an account and having to search until I gave up, trying to delete the twice or more extra payments due to some sort of lag from screen to screen. My man complaint is lack of a simple calendar capability and it appears if I want it I'll be having to add Google G Suites, which is overkill. Apparently to make up for lack of feature capability in Apptivo, if I want to set up recurring invoices that utilize date features like 2nd Tuesday of every month or 4th Monday of the month. That will cost me $6 month from Google and I don't want or need all of the G suite features.

Response from Apptivo

Replied April 2019

Hi Robert! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo Sure we are taking all your feedback on enhancing the Recurring Invoices and Calendar capability into consideration and will work on it. I am delighted to read that our support team provided excellent service. We would continue to give all of our customers with the same fantastic experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to support@apptivo.com. Thanks again!

Marcel from Amphasys

Very useful CRM, accessible from anywhere, good value for money

Pros

The CRM functionality is intuitive to use. Not much setup is needed but still a lot of customization is possible. It can easily grow with the company and is accessible from anywhere. As a cloud based service you do not need to care about hardware, accessibility etc. Remarkable: There is an exceptionally responsive customer support. Overall very recommended for flexible startup companies.

Cons

While the CRM functionality is quite good the rest of the apps (like order management, invoicing, inventory etc.) are a bit limited in possibilities and use. As long as one is dealing within a single country this should be fine. As an international business with export to many countries there will be many compromises or workarounds. Especially regarding interaction with the customers (quotes, invoices etc.) the customization possibilities are very limited. From time to time new releases or features are deployed that can change appearance and functionality to the better or worse. While the response time of the customer support is better than anything else I have ever seen, the help with more sophisticated questions is often limited and needs long explanations. Fixing of bugs can take very long. Overall the software feels a bit slow.

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Bryan from HI-TECH Business Systems

Who Provides GREAT "Chat" Support?

Replaced ACT Contact Management System to provide realtime access to critical data to make decisions and deliver breakthrough support to our customers and vendors.

Pros

Apptivo does! Although it's rare that I've had to use Apptivo "Chat" Support. Today, was another example where Naresh went above and beyond to get a Supervisor to fix an important Account Set-up. On a prior Chat call, Apptivo suggested a remote session where the representative quickly identified the Advanced Capabilities required to import a complex database. My company does not sell or represent Apptivo although we are in the enterprise software integration industry. Apptivo sets a new standard of excellence in support that organizations small and large can depend.

Cons

Additional pre-built integrations are time savers and Apptivo has more work to do in this area. Professionally, I'd rather have a solid framework of broad core features that is competitively priced than can be used by everyone in the company.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Increased functionality, better support and lower cost.

Marisela

Customer Support is very Responsive

Our business started Apptivo when we were quite small, and there were several issues with the program when we first began using them. The support at Apptivo is awesome, every time that we have a difficulty using any of the programs feature, they have gotten back to us within hours or sometimes days. The recent issue with using their Ledger App took a bit longer to resolve but we enthusiastically appreciate their dedication to resolving the issues, and how thoroughly they did resolve it. The features we use most often include: Emailing Invoices and Estimates, keeping track of our Finances with their Ledger App, and keeping track of correspondence with Clients. There are some many other features to the program including tracking Inventory, tracking Accounts with Suppliers, and creating Projects with clients/collaborations with other professionals just to name a few. I will continue to use and support the Apptivo program. They continue to grow and offer more features, clearer and efficient options for tracking the growth of our business as it continues to grow!

Pros

Easy to use features - Sending out invoices - Receiving payments and notifications - Receving Emails and Client feedback - Tracking client info - Reviewing, Updating, and tracking Inventory and Accounts Payables. There are many other features but these we use in general.

Cons

Some errors with Invoices through paypal that require the client to input the info more than once, especially when there is Updates to the program. This has happened on some occasions, but is no longer an issue that we experience.

Tara from Kingsbery CPAs

Great way to track projects. A lot of features that can be customized for your specific industry.

Being able to see any project at any given status at any time.

Pros

Being able to put numerous fields to retain all project information in several different formats. Ease of reporting by exporting data to excel and going from there. You only have to use what you need. Disabling certain apps prevents you and users with too much information. Great selection of apps to customize for each business. Really enjoy the product!

Cons

Invoicing is very basic. Not able to use it if you bill hourly. Not enough 1:1 support for highly complex project system setups. Need more reps to have access to custom care. Had pitfalls in reporting, but were addressed fairly quickly, but set us back as a company. Needing to double check items saved in the project you just updated, some data doesn't get saved on the first try. Not being made aware of when enhancements are made and what new features now exist. Reporting on specific users projects - needs ability to set priority is assigned roles and see those rankings constantly.

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Craig from Acentric

Industry: Market Research

All-in-one ERP - broad coverage at a reasonable price

All-in-one business software, good support and value for the money.

Pros

An extremely broad range of applications. Apptivo beats most competitors in this respect; it really is an 'all-in-one' ERP in fact - not just a CRM. At the same time Apptivo is excellent value for the money. The 'in-app' live chat support is especially helpful, as you can deal with issues as they occur. The pricing is per user, broadening the base of potential organizations who will find Apptivo appealing from the outset, and scaling as the organization grows larger.

Cons

Being a 'jack of all trades', Apptivo cannot be expected to excel in every area. Some features - such as the two Wordpress plugins - seem neglected and are seldom updated or promoted. Given the popularity of WP it seems to be a missed opportunity to expand into the help desk market. Another example would be the customer portal, it seems a bit awkward. The customer must sign-up through Xinnect and then Apptivo as well to access their portal, even though Apptivo might not be relevant to them. It is also difficult to control exactly what clients will see, and they are shown a lot of irrelevant fields, even though there is a rudimentary role assignment mechanism. Combining this with cases (tickets) and answers (knowledge-base) should in theory provide an alternative to a help desk, but it is a long way round.

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Olivier from Japan Consulting Office

Great experience

We are a small & medium company located in Europe with subsidiaries in US and Asia. We were looking for a provider which could (1) allow each subsidiary to view each other's customers (to increase the lead generation); (2) enable us to standardize our data (previously we were entering data into Excel without proper format); (3) facilitate data analysis and (4) enable us to streamline and automatize as much as possible the process from price offer to invoicing. After extensive research, we selected Apptivo for our CRM solution. Having to deal with lots of lists of companies from different countries, dealing with multiple currencies, it was not easy to find a CRM which is easy to use, affordable and yet can meet our demand. We have been using Apptivo for one year now and we are very happy with our choice. It was a necessary step to professionalize our business process. There is probably much more we can do with the application which we haven't explore yet. We are now using CRM, HR, Suppliers, items and Invoicing app within Apptivo.

Pros

Easy to use, flexible, great value for money, great support (very friendly and quick), easy to import/export your data back into Excel.

Cons

We found a few small glitches (no space between "Mr." and "Name" when exporting the fields; or one functionality in invoicing did not work), but the support team was very quick in fixing those.

Response from Apptivo

Replied March 2019

Hi Olivier! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to support@apptivo.com. Thanks again!

Rob from David Byrd Consulting, LLC

Best Bang for the buck on the market! Adaptability and ease of use with scalability!

Functionality and accurate data collection that was flexible to meet my needs! Hands down the best solution on the market for the price point!

Pros

Ease of USE and layout modifications! The layout is so easy and adaptable to collect the information simply from other users. Databases are only as good as the information you put into them. Apptivo makes it so SIMPLE getting the info in and thus making it powerful!

Cons

Very few, because it is cloud-based they are constantly adding customization features and options and sometimes the functional icons show up in the Customization Settings of the Administrator and there is no documentation for the new functionality as of yet. I would much rather have this problem than them not update the customization functionality though. This database is unbelievably scalable and constantly improving!

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Gregory from TheGregGroup, Inc.

I have utilized several CRM solutions and the Apptivo CRM solution is a great solution for it's cost

Pros

Apptivo CRM is easy to use, and makes available lots of functionality to pick and choose from when building a customized solution. Apptivo's customer support is excellent, responsive, helpful and does a great job supporting me when I need help.

Cons

For non-technical users, modifying the screens to build a customized app, can be a challenge. However, Apptivo customer service is ready to jump in and help when needed. Customer support is accomplished via chat window, which can be tedious. However, Apptivo makes available voice support when requested. And, they provide lots of You-Tube based videos to demonstrate how to modify functionality.

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team ApptivoThank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

Ken from NO2Plastics

Apptivo Rocks!

Very, very good. It is really hard to find fault. A brilliant company, very good software and a really responsive help desk that can answers questions, 24/7. What is there not to like? WELL DONE APPTIVO....(just address my two little 'cons' and you have a PERFECT platform).

Pros

Features - This is a one stop shop. Marketing, Sales, Telephony, Shipping... the list just goes on and on. I don't there is a need to sign up to a separate subscription for other services. Apptivo has you covered for everything. Price - Amazing...so much for so little. I don't believe another platform offers such value for money. The closet is Bitrix 24, but you have to sign up for at least 5 users to use all their functionality like Google 2-way sync. So although good, not the best if you are just starting out. Customization - This app allows you to add fields, change the layout and do pretty much what you want in terms of one wishes to use it. Integration - integrates with all the major platforms and has some great 3rd party plugins. Support - 24/7 and immediate. No waiting. Brilliant. Support team is particular helpful

Cons

I think the U.I could do with a refresh Document support for uploaded files is a little limited. The software would be perfect if it had a viewer support for Word docs, etc. What this means is that any uploaded document, has to be downloaded in order to view it. This is clumsy....but a small price to pay, for what is very good software in nearly all respects.

Response from Apptivo

Replied June 2019

Hello Ken, Our team is thrilled that you're happy with our integrated software and our support team . I understand your feedback regarding uploading and viewing documents. I will collect this feedback to notify our teams accordingly. Again thank you so much! Team Apptivo

Anil from India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.

It literally saved my hours and hours of precious time!

Pros

It helps to manage customer relationship, campaigns, billing, and invoices. This is helpful to manage payment and tax department very smoothly which is important for any business. It further helps to organize the calendar for all business activities and keep a record of all the important contact details. Document management is another key feature. All the important documents related to the business can be kept safely in a virtual location. It caters to widespread businesses like the travel industry, retail, and wholesale industry etc.. All important activities of a business can be interlinked with the help of this application. We can enhance our productivity with this effective management application.

Cons

When we started, our time zones were just IST and when employees from another part of the world started to sign up to the CRM, we faced a lot of problems to set autoresponders at the correct time. The time and date format don't change according to the location.

Martin from The Light Digital

Best bang for the Buck!

Importing data is easy - user adoption is fairly quick. The cost is very reasonable for what you get. We are using the CRM features in addition to generating Invoices.

Pros

The object orientation makes it very easy to understand and to "personalize" - adding fields is a breeze! Also, the Support team is always there to help, instant chat!

Cons

It is not an accounting system, so I'd like to see some more robust reports such as a Statement would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Cost, ease of use, customization.

Sean from SnapHome

I like Apptivo, but have found it to have lots of glitches and is very slow at times

Apptivo helps to keep my partner and I organized. We particularly use the email and notes function. We are a builder, so everything is organized around projects. The scheduling program is terrible, by the way.

Pros

The concept of the software is great... it is very integrated and it seems like the owners are always trying to improve the program.

Cons

The problems are the number of glitches experienced; the difficulty in getting issues resolved; the fact that the program can be very slow to respond. Right now, for instance, when I click on an email sometimes it opens up and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure what is causing this, but it is extremely frustrating and inefficient. I tend to do things in Google. I am seriously considering abandoning Apptivo.

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Thank you very much for your review! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

Brett from Optimized Lighting Engineering and Design

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Perfect for any business

I have only used a handful of the features so far, however, I am happy with what I have, I was looking for a solution like this as I grow but don't have the resources to generate a custom solution. This was the perfect fit, it hosts all the information of expense reports, projects, invoicing, licensing, provider payments, staffing, etc. in one place to review so things don't get lost through the cracks.

Pros

You can find many CRM softwares, other project management softwares, and yet other accounting software. Apptivo brings all these features and more into one platform. While maybe not the easiest to use, it is due to the vast capabilities and customization features of the software. I don't have an IT staff and am an individual business owner but I was able to get everything set up for my professional services related business. I am extremely satisfied with the fast assistance by email, phone, and chat with the support staff, I couldn't have done it without them.

Cons

I wish the person completing the trial demonstration could also have done a very advanced customization demonstration or I could have schedueld that for the future. I attempted multiple times to customize apps myself and ended up duplicating features and the original feature was better than what I did in the first place.

Response from Apptivo

Replied March 2019

Hi Brett! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to support@apptivo.com. Thanks again!

Tom from Trivium Performance

Great CRM Software

I have now used Apptivo with two businesses and find it highly functional and easy to adopt.

Pros

Easy to set up, understand and customize.

Cons

Takes some e-learning to customize properly but it is easy to accomplish

Response from Apptivo

Replied August 2019

Hello Tom, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you find Apptivo fairly easy to use and valuable. We exist because of customers like you! Again, thank you so much! Team Apptivo

ed from Alphatec Systems

Its the support that makes all the difference

Fastastic experience overall. Great documentation but I just use the chat support and they usually direct you straight to the article I need. I intend to gradually introduce all the functionallity into my business.

Pros

I like the way you can enable just the bits you need. I started with just invoicing and am gradually enabling the other elements as I need them. That way it doesnt blind you with too many options whilst you learn to use the system. Its the support that really makes the difference in this product. I have had lots of questions and I have all these answered quickly via the chat function. No question is too much trouble and considering the very affordable price its unbelievable.

Cons

I cant think of many really. Occasionally its a little slow and sometimes I get the odd glitch but nothing to really worry about.

Response from Apptivo

Replied April 2019

Hi Ed! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. Our apologies that you are facing slowness with our tool. We are working to optimize the speed and stabilize it without any further glitches. And I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. Thanks again!

Emily from ZiworX Inc.

Everything you need

This is by far the best CRM/estimating/invoicing/product management/project management software a company could be looking for. It is also the most affordable. You can limit user access, track phone calls, and do so much more all within one platform that is easily accessible from any device with internet.

Pros

Completely customizable Integrates well and all information is easily found

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate if unfamiliar Can be difficult to customize if unfamiliar

Response from Apptivo

Replied August 2019

Hello Emily, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is glad you're happy with Apptivo. We will collect this feedback on getting familiar with Apptivo and notify our teams accordingly. We exist because of customers looking for an end-to-end solution like you! Again, thank you so much! Team Apptivo

Ashton from The Earth Foods Company

Industry: Food Production

The interface, functionality and configurability of Apptivo CRM is superb.

Quick setup, compartmentalized functionality so we can add features as we go along, and of course the ability to track our contacts, customers, and sales. This makes it not just a CRM system, but also an invoice and accounting system and reporting tool. At its price point, its features and full support, it is hard to beat.

Pros

The heuristics of the interface provides the user with an natural environment to learn and work within. It's configurability is superb and it's modular functionality provides the right amount of compartmentalization that allows the user to focus on just the features the need. This enhances navigation and the user's learning curve. On top of all this, Apptivo provides top notch support, even through the trial phases of their product. Their support representatives are online 24/7, and in one instance, Mani provided me an upgrade and customization for my particular application. With such competent and helpful free product support, I have total confidence in our companies ability to roll out a great implementation of CRM. All of the features we desire are available on a mobile platform, so we really couldn't ask for much more.

Cons

A few minor quibbles, none functionally inhibiting. In creating views the product automatically alphabetized them and I would have preferred to display them in a custom order. Between Apps, which are really views, their is not a 2-way synchronization of fields, only a one-way push is offered. The product keeps a history of all changes, so we have yet to notice weeknesses in how user accounts are handled.

Jack from Optimize Selling Solutions

Apptivo is Awesome

Overall, I love the product now that I have learned to use it. I just wish that it were more user friendly in the beginning and that the customer service were more helpful when I want to learn something new. I have been hindered in learning how to use other apps within Apptivo because I don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with customer support.

Pros

Apptivo provides an excellent CRM for us to schedule emails and send a personalized email to several people at the same time. We schedule meeting reminder emails and workshop reminder emails all through Apptivo.

Cons

Customer support is lacking and the software is not very intuitive. It seems as though customer support is outsourced and that the CSR's don't know the product very well. Apptivo does not have a lot of instructional videos on Youtube and their written support is hard to locate.

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about your issue with our user friendliness and customer support, we are working towards improving it. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

I have been using Apptivo for 5 years now. Very good overall!

Integration, control over my process, paper reduction, information available always, on the go, basic reporting, personalization and company branding, professional presentation of my company, cost control,

Pros

Simple It is growing in terms of features It allows managing a complete end-to-end company Invoicing App is very simple and powerful. Mobile app works fine

Cons

Sometimes it is slow Some Apps are very basic Documentation is very simple, basically the screenshots Personalization could be complex

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

chris from fendeck

Industry: Building Materials

cloud

Pros

all the data is safe in the cloud and accessible from any device anywhere

Cons

if features are not available, they take a very long time to be implemented and feedback is non existent.

Response from Apptivo

Replied June 2019

Hello Chris, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We will collect this feedback and notify our teams accordingly. Again thank you so much! Team Apptivo

Bill from Ingenious Technology LLC

Review of Support on 30 May 2019

Apptivo is very powerful and better than most that I have seen

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were fantastic today. Very patient and helpful in helping me understand Apprivo and correct some issues that I had.

Cons

It is a little complicated. But, I will learn it.

Price and value

Response from Apptivo

Replied June 2019

Hello Bill, Thank you so much for your kind words. We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review in your experience with two of our support team members. Thank you again! Team Apptivo

Adam from Digital Guard Dawg

Apptivo Review

It works for 1 of the 3 things I set it up for.

Pros

The ease of setup, in comparison to Salesforce.

Cons

The user interface is not overly intuitive, its too intricate and overly complicated. It does not have a easy flow to it. It feels like trying to make a lot of pieces fit together instead of setting up steps that compliment each other.

Response from Apptivo

Replied August 2019

Hello Adam, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is glad to hear that you find Apptivo fairly easy to set up. We will collect your feedback on our interface and notify our teams accordingly. Thank you so much! Team Apptivo

Bill from i360 Group

We recently started to use it. So far, so good

Pros

Can access all areas of our business - Sales, Projects, Tasks etc. I like the ability to create Project Templates

Cons

We have to create Custom Lists for common views like Opportunities > Open> Sorted by close date. A pretty common KPI. We then have to export it just to view it on a weekly basis for staff meeting. A few steps to get standard data. Same with Open Projects, sorted by Due Date

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Cole from greensource Cincinnati

I like using Apptivo better than my previous software salesforce, it is more intuitive.

Pros

I like that we can convert from estimates to invoices, it saves dual entry which for a salesperson is key. I am able to create these estimates very quickly and turnaround time is crucial for my customers.

Cons

I think it would be nice is apptivo made updates and releases/improvements to the software regularly and informed the users of this via a monthly email or newsletter. It is easy to get stuck in a rut of doing the same things in the system and I may not be getting all the functionality that the software has to offer.

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We have started sending out newsletters as you requested and we hope you like it. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

March 2015

Curtis from Focus Home improvements

March 2015

Excellent Product, Excellent Support.

Pros

I like the fantastic support, customizable forms, and employment management. These features are really well put together. On the topic of customizable forms I'll just add that you can create a form that is as extensive (or simplistic) as you need. The search function for forms is fantastically easy and advanced search gives you the option to search for any data in any specific form you have which is really really good.

Cons

There are a couple changes needed for me to rate this 10 out of 10. I love this software, but until the following issues are fixed, we will continue to have a few frustrations with using it: -You should be able to sort every column A-Z (or by date oldest to youngest) and vice-versa not just "Standard attributes." -Again around filtering, if you create an input box for a date, not using the 1 standard attribute "Date Completed" Lets give the example of using a new field you create called "Sales Presentation Date". You can't sort the data by a range of dates. You can only do this for the 1 standard attribute field "Date Completed". We have several date fields that we NEED to be able to filter the range with (e.g. to find out how many sales visits a salesman has been on during a specific month), but we cannot do this because we cannot sort or filter by date range. -Lastly the inability to PRINT directly from Apptivo is just frustrating. You have to export it to Excel (which should be a separate button and not part of a drop down menu) and then print.

Prince from Axis Solutions Africa

Central to my operation

Pros

Apptivo does everything that I need for my business. It's simple to configure and has all the functionality essential for my business. I like its completeness and how all the modules are integrated

Cons

The mobile app is very limited and does not have the functionality of the web app. For a small business that operates on the go this is not ideal

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Louis from Blaucomm Ltd

Excellent CRM with a rich feature set, that just needs a visual update

Excellent CRM with a rich feature set, that just needs a visual update

Pros

Apptivo has so much included for a very fair price - Leads, Opportunities, Projects, Item Tracking, Customer Portal and so much more. The support is a live chat from within the CRM so it's so easy to raise an issue. It's generally reliable and easy to customise.

Cons

Sometimes can run slow during peak periods (US time) so can be slightly annoying. The GUI is good, but could use with updating.

Response from Apptivo

Replied June 2019

Hello Louis! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We are glad that you're happy with our support team and find Apptivo easy to customize. We are continuously trying to improve Apptivo and will collect this feedback to notify our teams. Again, thank you so much! Team Apptivo

Chris from Altamont Software

Industry: Medical Devices

Nice features. Great support

They have been a dependable partner for over two years now. Never had any downtime and it works as advertised.

Pros

The support is great. I can get to an active chat and they answer my questions instantly. The feature set covers most of what I need and the pricing is great. A great value when you compare it to Salesforce.

Cons

The features are not as extent as Salesforce but you can't beat the pricing for a small business.

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

Kenneth from Touchstone Retirement Group

Exceptional Quality

This is the best fully customizable CRM solution we've used that integrates seamlessly with Outlook. The value for the money is exceptional.

Pros

For the price, I haven't found anything like this out there. It is EXTREMELY customizable and the variety of apps, many of which are part of the base service package, is unbelievable.

Cons

Every now and then, there are some quirky glitches but on the positive side, client services is always available via chat and they are extremely helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Some were nice products but the price was out of reach. Others had too many limitations with regards to our ability to customize fields. This product is the perfect blend.

I am happy with the service as it meets my requirements

Pros

I needed a CRM system that I could import existing data and then also create campaigns. I also wanted quite granular segmentation capabilities. I started with the free version and after a few days went for the paid option as I wanted to do some customization. For the price I think the service is very comprehensive and when I have asked for support it's been helpful and met my requirements. There are modules / components that I have not yet used but I like knowing they are there if I need them. The product video's online are very helpful. I should have started with them so some mistakes where made.

Cons

I often want to set up a calendar entry in different outlook mailboxes. Ideally I want to copy an address associated with a contact. However when I click on the address to copy and paste into outlook calendar the option take me into edit mode which take me longer to copy and paste as I have to copy a few times. Otherwise I have no other issues.

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

July 2015

Ankit from Koncepts2Solutions

July 2015

Almost there!

Great product. Some of the must have features for our business are still a work in progress, but once they are available - I'd jump on this product. Things we need are pretty minor, but hope they get the attention it needs: - Need timesheets to require a customer input. Currently timesheets can be created without a customer and that creates problems, since approved timesheets cannot be edited or deleted. - Need to be able to enter timesheet involving multiple customers/projects in the same period. Currently, users have to enter multiple timesheets for the same period if they worked on different customers - Our timesheet periods are set to weekly, and our week begins on a Monday. But it doesn't force the users to have a Mon-Sun period. They are able to submit time that begins in the middle of the week (Thu-Wed). - Once the above timesheet changes are implemented, would also like to see a user being limited to one timesheet per period. Don't want duplicate timesheets unnecessarily, specially since they cannot be deleted once approved - For a service oriented business, we need to be able to track an employee's time such that it gives us cost, as well as earnings, so profitability (and payroll calculations) become easier. - When each employee signs up, they have to go add each app that they have been given access to. This adds a lot of training and onboarding overhead to us. We'd like to be able to add apps to employees' accounts at an admin level, so they just have to log in and start using the apps - Similar to the last point above, we would also like to be able to control the look/feel of each of our employees' accounts. We've setup the color schemes to match the company brandings, but they don't reflect in our employees' logins. Other than these missing features, it's a great product! The customer support is exceptional. I've never seen such a dedicated support staff who is available to answer questions and help you get started so quickly.

Nina from Business Broker World

It didn't have all the features we needed but they were working on it.

Pros

The Support staff were helpful and available. It was easy to use and the features were nice options.

Cons

You had to add the same information each time you added an app, this made it time consuming. Such as Templates for Email, I had to add it to the Email section, the Customer Section and then again to the Contacts section. It would have been nice to have a Universal Email template area so I could input them Once and choose throughout. Also, some functions for the Funnel system and Search engine wouldn't be Universal enough, so I had copies of people in each section so I could do a search or Report in 2 different areas for One customer just to get the complete information I needed. Search, and Reports should have the same options regardless of where the Customer is a Lead or transferred into a Buyer. This was annoying.

Tom from Factory Service Co

I've been using this software for 2 years. Feels good

Inexpensive

Pros

Integration to offer apps. We use RingCentral to make and track calls. We also use the email function

Cons

The support is tedious. They prefer a chat format that takes 3 - 5 minutes before they respond to a question. Almost always they ask the same questions over and over. Support is over seas

Response from Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Neil from GUARDIAN GOALPOSTS LTD

Newcomer

The package is relatively easy to use. I'm no technophobe, but am in my 50's and find it easy to use and navigate around. The support given by the good folks at Apptivo is excellent, as they work with you to solve your problems. They do not just brush you off with a Microsoft / Apple style like approach.

Pros

I like the flexibility to tailor the product to suit our needs,

Cons

Nothing as yet, as still learning. So anything I may seemingly have issues with may just be down to me being a novice.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

I've used Salesforce previously at another company, and I found Apptivo more flexible, and the Customer Support has been much, much better.

Rachel from Mission to Amish People (MAP)

Great way for multiple people on a team to manage and use contacts

This software is key to organizing and maintaining addresses!

Pros

Apptivo is a program that our ministry uses to keep our subscriber addresses organized and updated. We have several people on our team going in to make changes on a consistent basis, and this program helps track who has changed what and when. Also, we have multiple lists with thousands of addresses, and it can handle the large volume.

Cons

The only con I would state is that we use abbreviated states in order to send mail cass certified. Apptivo uses the full name of states, so we have to use formulas when we export to Excel in order to print labels correctly. It can be a hassle.

Richard from Ricky Bobby USA, LLC

Excellent Service and Support!

Pros

I've never met a company with this unbelievable best support ever!

Cons

nothing, there is so many things I like about Apptivo

Carol from Wellness Thru Energy

The search is over

I have my contacts in one place and can keep a record of my communications, notes, organise my time and put my events, follow throughs and tasks on one screen. I can colour code my events and activities so seeing what I'm doing at a glance. I can get reminders for events/ appointments etc . I'm setting it up so that it is like having a PA

Pros

I have been searching for an affordable relational database also known as a CRM for at least a couple of years when I had a 1:1 demonstration.T I was immediately won over by the simplicity of the functionalities. It's really user friendly; easy to import data, and add fresh data. I especially like that I can customise the start up screen and menus opening up to the calender and tasks for the day. Then there is the syncing to g suite so now my calendar and mails are actioned in apptivo. My business is small at the moment but as I develop more I can add more features. Especially great feature is the online support chat, answering my queries as I customise the software.

Cons

Honestly haven't found any yet , have upgraded to the premium version to access more features .

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

The functionality and cost were the first attraction. As soon as I was able to have a demo I could see how easy it was to customise for myself.

Jordan from Total Transit Enterprises

Very Helpful

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to configure. Easy to get support. Those are the most important things that a platform can offer.

Cons

When working with templates, it can be a bit confusing but with support on standby, it can turn out to be an experience that isn't difficult.

Response from Apptivo

Replied April 2019

Hi Jordan! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to support@apptivo.com. Thanks again!