Cosential Reviews

4.42 / 5 (66)

Our advisors have recommended this product 1 time in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I like the functions and multitude of categories that Cosential offers. It allows us to really gather and input all valuable information from projects and contacts"

• "Easy and intuitive user interface. Excellent reporting modules. The ability to quote to multiple General Contractors for one project (Sub Opportunities)"

• "We love that it is specifically for the AEC industry, making things much more relevant to the way we do things. It is also relatively easy to used and is customizable."

• Cons

• "Generally their customer support is good, however sometimes their response time is longer than I would like."

• "There are a couple of areas that would be better suited for our needs if the customization was available. But all in all, the program works great for us and is getting our tracking on track!!"

• "Nothing major - I love their reports, but they can take some getting used to. "

Browse Cosential Reviews

Miles from Bowman, Foster & Associates PC

Makes my 1-man marketing department feel like 3

Pros

1 year after purchase: This has easily been one of the wisest investments our firm has made. The ability to track customer information (CRM), their experience, past performance data, and leads/opportunities all from one simple application and dashboard makes my 1-man marketing team feel like 3. The capability to routinely pull data from our accounting software reduces duplication in both content and time. I no longer spend hours "looking for *stuff*" (put politely) during proposal preparation due to the full featured project and knowledge database paired up with the advanced reporting functionality. I still have only scrapped the tip of the metaphorical iceberg of features that are included with the package including the ability to automatically survey clients, a built in email marketing tool, card scanner, countless plug-ins, a customizable RESTful API, Outlook and Exchange server plugins, and soon a full blown Zapier integration. Additionally, the support both during install and throughout my journey have been absolutely wonderful. They have made the ins and outs of using the software a simple, and surprisingly enjoyable, experience!

Cons

There are some issues with the knowledge base section that I would improve on. I have a lot of issues it the mobile application on my Android device.

Karen from MMC Contractors

Adding a CRM to our firm has helped us keep track of prospect projects as well as client information

Pros

We now have one central data depository for all of our offices contacts, project info, personnel, resumes etc. The ability to create custom reports, update project data and track prospects across many users has improved our communication and reporting tremendously. The ability to update personnel, project, contact information in one spot and have it populate throughout any report or resume is a big plus. The Widgets are great for a graphical representation to management that accurately represents current pursuits, hit rates, wins by market, etc. The ability to turn on and off modules for user groups is huge! It keeps people from being overwhelmed when they first start to use the CRM, especially if they never have used one in the past or are skeptical. Integrations with other programs continue to be developed and improved by Cosential - this is a huge plus! Business Development/Marketing people are mobile - the iPad is a tool, just like a laptop. Being able to enter client info in Cosential and add it to an individuals Outlook contacts with just a few clicks makes it easy to have centralized client data. We will be implementing an integrations with Vista later this year. I am excited for the potential that will bring live project and personnel data to our CRM!

Cons

It's still a little 'techy' and driven by IT/Developers from the end-user perspective. But it's getting better every month we use it! When a bug is identified, or an issue occurs, for the most part Cosential Support is responsive. Sometimes, however it seems like it takes months to fix an issue. This is especially frustrating when a function (say a mailing list) was working correctly and then stops working. Because Cosential manages literally mountains of company, contact, personnel and project data, it can feel overwhelming to new users. Customizing the training and 'easing new users into' the program based on their needs is the only way to get good buy-in from apprehensive or skeptical users. The mobile app has it's limitations on the iPad and as all of our Business Developers use iPads, they would like to see the app developed further. Right now, it's better than nothing when they are on the road!

Laura from ESD

Best CRM for the AEC Industry

Pros

Cosential was created and designed by people from our industry, so they understand what information is important to us. The system is easy to navigate and provides more components than other platforms we have used in this arena, such as document automation, surveys, a knowledge library, email marketing and superior search functions. Cosential invests in product development and rolls out new features, functions and improvements on a regular basis.

Cons

The user interface needs a refresh. We have been hearing about interface updates since we started using the product, but progress on that initiative has been slow. The report module is challenging for the average user due to the large quantity of fields and inconsistent field naming. However, I appreciate that we do not need to write a query or depend on code to develop a report, unlike other platforms we use.

Sarah from Bassetti Architects

Cosential Three Years In

Customer service and support have been challenging. We've been told that improvements were going to happen that just never went anywhere. The "improvements" that have been implemented for us turned out to be less useful than the previous state of the system. And I've had account reps just not return my calls or respond to my emails regarding issues we've had between what was promised and described during the sales pitch and how a particular module actually functions (most notably photo management).

Pros

Cosential is a detailed and robust database and CRM system. The information organization is well-thought out and the information relationships function reasonably well. Integrations with other firm systems are generally useful. The application is also a good value for our size firm.

Cons

Photo management is just about useless--keyword search should be reductive, not expanding, and should really be a simple case of AND vs OR Boolean search. Customized fields aren't reflected in reports at all, which limits their usefulness in data analysis. Some data areas are designed more for construction firms than architecture firms, and the dissonance in data capture has required some workarounds and means we can't actually search on that data. Several areas are a little too narrowly focused--there are more sustainability measures than just LEED--and require more workarounds to capture the kind of data we're tracking on our projects. There's a certain level of flexibility promoted and the reality is a superficial flexibility.

Heather from Pfluger Architects

Service!

Overall, their customer support is second to none. I have worked with a few different team members and they have always been responsive and helpful. Every once in awhile, I'll do a refresher training with them, since there are certain areas I don't use often, so I forget how to use them. They do a great job of taking care of me, for which I am grateful!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and robust. The fact that I can access the data from anywhere (app, website) is very useful! We use Ajera for our timesheet and billing software, and the transition is seamless. There is a pretty robust FAQ area if you have any questions, and their staff is very helpful. We are about to start producing our resumes out of Cosential, which will help with our efficiency. All-in-all, this is a great program.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little too robust (because it has to cover different markets) and you can't always pair down the information. There are also places we wish we could customize a little more for us, but it's not a deal-breaker. The biggest downfall, we transitioned to the cloud-based platform earlier this year (our accounting team moved our Ajera to the cloud), and unfortunately lost some of the functionality of the On-Prem (mostly when it came to staff team information, which Ajera cloud blocks the transfer, so it has to be done manually). But, again, their customer service is exceptional, and they found a work-around for us while they are researching how to get those connected again.

Jennifer from F.H. Paschen

Cosential CRM

Cosential is a great repository for all of our CRM data. It has a lot of functionality with regard to exporting reports, both formatted and unformatted

Pros

As with all databases, everything is linked together. The system has a lot of capability and is able to be customized which is very helpful to us. We are able to capture all information needed and if there isn't a specific place then we can always create a "description" and put the info there.

Cons

Search feature doesn't always work that well. When I search for certain things, I know they are in the database but they don't come up. I have to either refine my search or find what I'm looking for a different way.

Kert from Helitech Civil Construction

Great CRM for a Specialty Subcontractor

Pros

Cons

Over the past year, there has been a higher than expected issues with their hosted solutions. Servers not performing and performance issues on multiple occassions.

Reasons for Choosing Cosential

Top Builder did not have the functionality to meet Helitech's requirements compared to Cosential. Also, felt that Cosential was more proven and stable software platform to base our business on.

Danielle from KFW Engineers & Surveying

KFW Engineers - Word Processor's Review

Lots of benefits once you figure out the reporting and have employees who are DILIGENT about completing each & every form to it's fullest extent - with that you could capture any data set imaginable. I like it overall.

Pros

Your reporting capabilities make all of this seemingly random information we input from different departments come together to yield a clear picture of our firm, our clients, and our project standings.

Cons

It's a little difficult to navigate as the Administrator, there's a lot of clicks to get to where I need to go. Some custom options would be nice, for example when I open an opportunity if it could automatically be in the "edit" screen instead of the "view" screen - I hardly click on something I was to simply view, so cutting to the chase on some steps would make things go faster - though I understand that's individual-specific and infeasible to engineer for one person.

Evangeline from HOPKINS FOODSERVICE SPECIALIST

From Near the Beginning

Overall, terrific. customer support has improved a lot. Thanks to customer representative. May he live long and prosper.

Pros

Cosential is one of those programs that I refer to every day. It is a clearinghouse for almost everything the company does. It is our mind and our memory. In the beginning over ten years ago I tried to find someone to design such a program for us. spent months and thousands. then i found out it already existed. I like that it exists.

Cons

I am frequently looking for add company. i spend entirely too long trying to figure out how to add a company. I owuld also like it better if, when i am adding team members to a project I didn't have to go back and start a new company for them. I dont always need a separate file for every team member, but I want to note who is on our team. some disciplines are not relevant to us.

Donald from Ivey Mechanical Company

Cosential Review

Our main goal for using Cosential was to provide our leadership with our customized sales report that contained real-time information as opposed to waiting on weekly, monthly or quarterly reports. As a byproduct, we also wanted to provide our sales teams and service managers with tools that could measure productivity based on activities. Cosential has, or will very soon, provide the sales report information we need and our sales team/service managers have dashboards to measure productivity.

Pros

I've used a lot of software over my career and Cosential is by far one of the most flexible and user-friendly applications I've used. Although it is a CRM, which implies many steps and being data intensive, Cosential is structured so you can use as much or as little as you need and has a minimal learning curve for users to become productive almost immediately. The configuration is simple and straightforward and the webcast training is very helpful.

Cons

As we started our implementation, we had a few very specific requirements for our customized sales report that Cosential could not handle. However, though working with their team we are close to being able to produce this electronic sales report dashboard and do away with the paper copy.

Carmen from Wilson Construction Co.

Hoping to be able to upgrade this review at a later date

Cosential has streamlined our processes and has the potential to help us streamline even more. The company needs to evolve it's development staff to be able to address bugs in a timely manner.

Pros

Cosential has streamlined many of our processes, and has the potential to help us automate our proposal process even more. The potential is amazing.

Cons

Glitches! We seem to be always taking three steps forward, two steps back. Cosential isn't easy to set up or implement. There is a ton of up front work and training to be done. After overcoming all of that to be faced with modules that stop working and aren't fixed timely we are left hanging. Two years in, as we are ready to deep-dive into more of the Cosential functionality we are being besieged by glitches that are impeding our use of the system, which is extremely frustrating. The big weakness is in fixing bugs in the system. The customer service team passes glitches on to the developers and nobody can, or will, tell you when to expect the problem to be resolved. We have been waiting for 3+ months now on one issue, which is unacceptable. We are so far in at this point that it doesn't make sense to change systems now, but the thought has crossed our minds.

Response from Cosential

Replied June 2018

Carmen, thank you so much for your feedback, and we have no doubt we'll earn your revision shortly. We absolutely share your frustration that your issue took longer than expected. We take your feedback constructively and strive to improve the experience for all our clients. With our recent growth we are well underway to doubling the size of our Development team which will drastically improve the resolve time. We value your business and look forward to partnering with you for a long and rich relationship, and will only see that effort as working when clients like you acknowledge it as such.

Keeley from Hunt Companies

August 2016

The ONLY database in the AEC industry that makes my job easier!

I was first introduced to Cosential in 2010 and began to research and push for the software at my previous company. After a long inside sales process, the company decided not to move forward with my recommendation which was a major factor in my leaving that organization. One of the main goals of my coming onboard to my current company was to implement Cosential as our marketing database software, and see what other tools are available that we can utilize in other parts of the company. We are full-service real estate company that provided construction (at the time), development, financing, tax credit syndication, facilities maintenance, and property, asset, and investment management services. We ended up implementing across all marketing groups in the business in the construction, development, investment, asset and property management, and in our justice division. Different groups adopted it more quickly than others, and some we ended up just removing entirely as they were not utilizing the system. Currently our marketing groups across the business still utilize Cosential for business development tracking, current project and property data collection and maintenance, and personnel resume maintenance.

Pros

Because Cosential was designed by marketers in our industry, they know what information is important to collect, track, and analyze. The organization of the information and ease of use of the system is unparalleled to other CRMs/databases. Cosential is constantly updating and enhancing the system, so there are new, and improved, features being released to its users constantly, and I always hear what's going on - I know it's the top of the line database for information junkies like me. The reporting and template publishing tools are also incredibly helpful. Tracking our proposals and showing our win/loss ratios to senior leadership has been crucial. Also, the ability to store less-than-popular data for possible future use is highly beneficial.

Cons

I wish the reporting module was a little more user friendly - it can be daunting to new and novice users causing it to go unused and frequently used incorrectly causing frustrations. I am now in the Commercial Real Estate industry (more so than what would be termed AEC), I would love LOVE to have more information/modules relating to development of projects, property and asset management - understanding the high-level of property and information turnover for these types of services.

Response from Cosential

Replied August 2016

Thank you for this feedback and your advocacy! We love to hear the validation of our purpose: providing the best database tool that truly knows the AEC space and consistently driving for innovation. When it comes to reporting, implementation we hear you, part of housing so much data for inquiry is also a large number of ways to summon it. We're always working on the UI for ways to improve, as well ensure we remain extremely approachable for assistance should you need it. On project management, we work hard to have API implementation with softwares that focus on development of projects so that you can combine those views and measure turnover - please get with us to ensure you are taking advantage of existing integrations that may exist you may not be aware of. If we're missing one, or ways we can have modules accomplish something our customers can benefit from we'd love to evaluate that for future feature enhancements, as you mentioned we're very passionate about!

Nora from U.S. Engineering Company

Get to know Cosential

My company had implemented Cosential about 3 years before I joined, and they did a good job of inputting the bulk of project, personnel, and contact info into the data base. By the time I came on board the staff that had implemented had left, so I received minimal training on administration of the system, and how all the pieces fit together. That being said, it has not been difficult to learn the basics, and I am currently in the process of "re-implementation" to establish standard work flows and systems to manage the data input, user training, report management, etc. The biggest challenge is carving out the time for data input and cleanup, not to mention bringing new modules (surveys, marketing, etc.) on line without having a full time data base manager.

Pros

I like that Cosential has implemented upgrades in speed and search functions. It is tailored to the A/E/C industry, and we have the ability to customize fields. We use Adobe InDesign for proposals, so the ability to generate resumes and project profiles directly into InDesign templates is a big plus (it can also be done in MS Word). The dashboard widgets are really helpful for our business development team. There is a phone app available. I am getting good service regarding support for re-implementation.

Cons

The report module is always a challenge, the interface is cumbersome and it usually takes multiple attempts to generate the data I am looking for. It is not forgiving for variances in naming conventions. Customer support relies on just pointing you to a video. I have put in tickets for fixing issues and never hear back.

Response from Cosential

Replied July 2016

Thank you Nora for taking the time reviewing Cosential! We work hard for your business, and delivering value to A/E/C teams as you spoke. Honored to hear how our fields and proposal automation works well for you. On the report module, fair feedback and our developers are making changes very soon so stay tuned. We've hired new support director and team, you should be feeling great improvement in support now! The new team has improved response times, follow up times and edited/updated knowledge articles.

July 2016

Deborah from KCI Technologies, Inc.

July 2016

Cosential makes us better marketing team

KCI has been with Cosential since 2007 and have watched the system expand to meet the needs of industry. While we do not use every function the system offers, we rely heavily on it for proposal tracking, proposal generation, customer information (hit rates, history, contacts) and firm qualifications (projects and personnel). The Cosential team has never lost sight of what it is that makes them successful which is involving industry in their roadmap for enhancements and functionality. These folks listen to what we need and respond.

Pros

Cosential gives us quick access to all our past proposal information. Our marketing team is quickly and easily able to access past proposals for guidance, develop intel about our history with clients and understand our experience in a region or with a certain service. As a firm with over 25 offices across the country, this information is vital to our team.

Cons

While Publisher has come leaps and bounds from where it was originally, we would like the ability to create several resumes at the same time. For example, I'd like to select several employees, choose a template and have the system walk me through each employee to choose his or her projects.

Response from Cosential

Replied July 2016

Thank you Deborah for taking the time and giving us this fantastic review! Means the world to us from a client who has seen us grow and evolve. Great suggestion on allowing for several resumes at the same time, I'll own checking on that suggestion and get back to you on it!

Cosential keeps company wide proposal pieces accessible and up-to-date with minimal fuss/effort.

Labor hours saved is huge. Access to information from one portal extremely helpful.

Pros

My favorite feature is the resume generation tool. The ability to produce multiple resumes tailored for specific pursuit types automatically updated each time they are created is beyond wonderful. Coupled with their availability to all team members 24/7 at the push of a button from any internet enabled device makes the resume generation tool peerless. Another great feature is the opportunity tracking, once again keeping all the pieces of a pursuit in one handy place and available 24/7 is brilliant!!!!

Cons

Although a minor issue I do wish that users other than administrators could upload templates for use in the publisher module as administrators may be busy/unavailable for periods of time making updating the templates a longer process then it should be.

Amanda from Walter P Moore

Industry: Civil Engineering

One stop shop for all of our project and pursuit data.

I love how easy it is to access and analyze our information. Cosential has a home for every data point you can imagine -- and the flexibility add new ones as needed -- so you can store and recall information about all of your pursuits and projects. Our biggest problem prior to using Cosential was that knowledge about our projects, clients, past pursuits, etc. lived primarily in the heads of our people. That's fine as long as no one leaves and no one forgets...but that clearly isn't reality. Cosential is a robust, interconnected database that allows us to have literally everything in one place, and we can view that information from multiple perspectives.

Pros

A place for everything.

Cons

Load time has been a factor, but it has improved significantly over the past 6 months and I know their developers are actively pursuing even greater speed.

Kim from MW Builders

One Stop Shop

Overall I am happy with the database however, there are so many features we are not yet using. So many of our users are casual users so its difficult to achieve buy-in and explore all the features when you are working individually.

Pros

This database is geared for the A/E/C industry. The Cosential team comes from our industry so they are very knowledgeable about the type of data we are dealing with and what we need from our database software. There are so many features of the database that can improve job efficiency and streamline processes across multiple offices.

Cons

Proper set up is imperative (example: Firm Orgs). Our database wasn't set up properly to begin with so much of my early days using the system was cleaning up data and setting up firm orgs so we could make sense of the data going into the database.

Steve from Michuda Construction

General Contractor's review of Cosential

Our overall experience with Cosential has been very positive.

Pros

Cosential has already thought through the multitude of interconnections between Contacts, Companies, Opportunities and Projects. It provides us a projection tool to better understand our pipeline so that we can plan our man power. It also helps us project cash flow. Cosential provides an easy way to archive our projects and easily pull them into RFP requests to help us secure new business. Recently they have released an 2 new interfaces: One allows us to push the data directly from an opportunity into Procore, our project management software. The second one is an interface that allows Cosential to work with Outlook while recognizing that people live in an Outlook world. Cosential has made us a more efficient organization.

Lynn from Hopkins Foodservice Specialists

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Use this every day. several times a days.

This software provides a snapshot of our company, our projects, our employees past and present and of course our work, and teams we have worked with.

Pros

easy access. online. quick. It is a thirll when i am looking for information about a project, or a person's title and the info is there. Linkedin is good, as a back-up, but my database is better for me.

Cons

the reports creation can be tricky. sometimes i pull in inactive or unknown and sometimes people seem to disappear and need to be pput back. sometime hard to find where to add a company.

Response from Cosential

Replied April 2018

Thank you Lynn for these great marks! We're very happy to be the reliable database that makes things easier for your day to day! We would love to help you with any features you need help with like reports and adding companies, email us at support@cosential.com and let us schedule a 1:1 to see what is going on, how we can help!

Holly from Yates Construction

Marketing Coordinator

I use Cosential literally every single day...and that's not just because I'm the OFA but because it's so easy to upload information and documents. I use the personnel, projects and opportunities modules almost daily. Being able to reference so much information for a project we may be mentioning in a proposal is very helpful and makes my job a lot easier.

Pros

It's incredibly user friendly and is getting more and more user friendly with each and every update

Cons

It has a tendency to run really slow at times

Response from Cosential

Replied July 2016

Thank you for the kind words, and your being a fan of the solution. It fuels us to hear how we save you time in the proposal process, making your job easier is our job ! On the tendency to run slow, That is absolutely fair feedback and we're on it! We've purchased more servers in addition to optimizing the application. We're already seeing great improvement and very near upcoming updates are focused on delivering much faster speeds.

Todd from Buehler Engineering, Inc.

Great Product,

Cosential provides a clean way for us to track project leads, pursuits, and potential backlog, all in one place.

Pros

Cosential is very flexible and there are many ways to customize it with the right direction and creativity. There are a lot of powerful features if you take the time to understand how to best utilize them. The ability to link Cosential with financial software through the Financial Data Connector is really powerful and convenient. The reporting is great.

Cons

We did not do a very good job of providing clean data for import, which complicated our implementation (completely our fault). While there are a lot of ways to customize the software, they are not always obvious and require some creativity.

Tim from The PENTA Building Group

Dynamic tool

Pros

This is a great and dynamic tool. By aligning it with Viewpoint, I have facts that would have taken a number of emails and calls prior. In fact, we are using just about every module in our marketing department to improve our ability to talk about pursuits, projects and people our firm has build relationships with.

Cons

I think my biggest issue with the software is the customer support. I had to reach out to see who is supposed to be managing the account, but that person has not reached back out to me. It has taken awhile with little communication (unless I keep checking in) to resolve some issues, primarily with the Work Flow.

Allie from Bassett Mechanical

The support from Cosential cannot be beat.

Pros

Completely transparency of our customer opportunities and interactions between all our divisions for all customers. We have robust reporting where we can understand our pipeline, hit rate, and more data than we ever had in the past. The process is simple and we have the power as the admins to make changes/updates without having to wait for the resources at Cosential. We feel very empowered!

Cons

The time between request (issue or bug with system/enhancement suggestion) to the sprint where the improvement may occur. At times you are waiting for the developers or the request sits in the queue between submitting the suggestion and update for quite some time. We have learned the process of a bug or enhancement but at times we wish we could influence more of the speed to updates.

Courtney from Hill & Wilkinson General Contractors

The best CRM for the A/E/C Industry

Pros

The fact that Cosential is specifically designed for the A/E/C industry is vital. Cosential is a rare find because it was built by A/E/C marketing professionals with a profound understanding of the industry, its pain points, and its business processes. That knowledge is reflected in key features, implementation, and support, as it is a system tailored to industry best practices. Users of Cosential view the system as very customizable and are able to adapt it to fit their specific needs.

Cons

Cosential has come a long way in the eight years that I have been using the system. They have grown quickly and have rolled out great new features. With that said, sometimes I think the new features are focused on a little too much, and the current bugs or enhancement requests are left behind. Dan, the CEO, listened to his users, took this to heart, and announced at the last conference that he has brought on developers to clean house and improve what is there already. I feel that is happening, especially as I read the monthly updates.

Janet from Bayer Becker

Growing Pains

Cosential has a lot of potential. I'm cautiously optimistic, but frustrated. I believe the system is the right one for us, but we have many many challenges yet to overcome.

Pros

I really like that this software is specific to the AEC industry. It saves a lot of time of having to customize a CRM to our business. It's straight forward and streamlined because it is made for our type of business.

Cons

The technical support and development are seriously lacking. Multiple functions, features, modules just aren't usable and we have had the same support tickets open for almost 3 years now. The mobile app is useless.

Karen from Steele & Freeman

August 2016

Great for a construction company

Pros

After researching many CRM platforms, and test-driving three, we decided on Cosential. First, it is developed by someone in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC), so we would not have to tweak anything to jump in and use it every day. It is our new repository for all kinds of data on projects, and employees (their projects, sortable in many ways), which will help so much with not having to look through old records of all types in various places in our network and on paper. We do a lot of public works projects, and in responding to RFQ's/RFP's, the information asked for increases all the time. We run lean and mean here, so any way we can save time is invaluable. Cosential is very intuitive and easy to use, which was the second reason for our purchasing decision. The training and tech support is user-friendly for busy people. Thanks Cosential. I would rate everything a "10" but I'm still pretty new at it, so I'm giving mostly "9". I can quickly schedule my training online by looking at my trainer's calendar, so if I have an hour free I can make good use of my time, and with one click it's in my outlook. If, due to deadlines, I need to cancel and reschedule, I can do that too.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is nothing to do with Cosential, we are learning how to input data and put all our records into the system.

Treasure from Duda|Paine Architects

Architectural Company Review

Having a database that helps us collect marketing / BD information for our projects and contacts into one location has been fantastic.

Pros

All the information in one location. Ease of search function. Ability to customize fields.

Cons

Lots of clicking to get where you need to go, and the inability to cross reference some items. You have to click a bunch of times to drill down, and then it is not easy to get back to that spot if you click off for other information. Some of the fields, specifically for project costs and project size are not exactly relevant.

Megs from MDG

Cosential review

A good system for integration- user interface/user experience could be more solid. A more intuitive interface can help users navigate, update, and understand the CRM with ease!

Pros

A strong CRM with lots of capability

Cons

Not intuitive - improved UX/UI could improve this; The help section is not very detailed.

Response from Cosential

Replied July 2016

Thank you for taking the time reviewing Cosential! We're proud to have earned your business. On intuitiveness, we're always listening to our clients and making updates weekly so please let us know where you see room for improvement. We've hired new support director and team, you should be feeling great improvement in support now! The new team has improved response times, follow up times and we're editing/updating knowledge articles every day. Thank you for your feedback and business!

Kevin from WIELAND

Great web-based software for AEC industry. Very good for firms with multiple locations.

Pros

Web-based, seamless integration from legacy system. We spent about three months transitioning from ACT! to Cosential. The customer support was fantastic and after the on-boarding, I was given another excellent customer service rep (a real live person!) who returns my calls! The dashboards give me immediate data to share with CEO and CFO. I can also get custom reports written for my data.

Cons

Mobile App and e-mail marketing could be better. The e-mail blast program is a little clunky. The mobile app has limitations and this is going to need to be addressed. But overall the program is fantastic.

Samara from Hogan & Associates Construction

Construction data entry simplified.

I had a great experience working with the Cosential program, customer service, and my professional services consultant. Everyone was always willing to help with any questions or issues. Any issues that arose were resolved. Timeframe on getting them fixed was dependent upon the complexity of the issue. Cosential is always expanding and improving their software, building it towards their client's specific needs.

Pros

The data entry was simple and having the ability to interlink and add information to a project makes access easy. The capabilities and possibilities with Cosential are almost endless.

Cons

The wording of the criteria in creating a report does not always match what is in the data that has been entered. Also, the choice of further filtering can be a little confusing to figure out, but once you do it is not too hard.

Miles from Bowman Foster & Associates Inc

A clear winner in the A/E/C community for marketers

Pros

The application allows me to tie into my accounting software to prevent costly duplication of information; it allows me to run reports on any variable of a project, person, opportunity, et cetera with ease; I can easily track my pipeline and inform the team; leads and reachouts are easy to track and keep updated.

Cons

The publisher portion is a little cumbersome but that is likely due to lack of training.

Lisa from DP3 Architects

Best CRM I've Used

I have worked with Microsoft Dynamics and Deltek, and I prefer Cosential, hands down. It does exactly what I need it to do. The ticketing process and customer service are excellent and the price can't be beat.

Pros

Ease of use, value, customization, AEC-specific fields

Cons

Occasional bugs, SF330 needs work, clunky Outlook integration

Jordan from Bordeaux Construction Company

Made for the AEC industry!

Great way to organize and track opportunity pipeline as well as managing client relationships. Our company had never used a CRM before but it has been a great starting point that I know we can expand upon when the time is right. Fantastic business development tool.

Pros

Cosential is a great CRM software because of how an opportunity/client/project/etc can be linked. Other CRM's have a client and opportunity or project/sale but do not effectively show the project team. Overall, fairly user-friendly system and ability to customize interface.

Cons

Reports are rather complicated for non-engineering minded. Could have more simplified reports set as standard and then ability to get technical with more in-depth data.

Linda M. from Shook Construction Co.

Cosential has helped standardize our information across the company.

Pros

Cosential helps us standardize the information we track, being able to output reports in a consistent format.

Cons

We use InDesign for our publications. The Publisher module currently forces us to export resumes and projects one by one, vs. being able to select projects we want to use and exporting all into a single file.

August 2016

Seth from Outside the Lines, Inc.

Cosential Implementation and Use

Cosential is a great CRM solution. Their implementation team made data import from multiple different sources an easy to understand and execute process. Any questions I have had along the way we're responded to very quickly.

Pros

Data organization is great. Unlike other CRM solutions you do not need an outside programmer to customize. In fact the software is so robust in pre-loaded features implementation is more of subtraction process to hide modules your firm may not need or use. Field customization to match our firms processes and terminology was pretty straight forward.

Cons

Some newer modules (marketing e-blasts) are in their infancy, and work like their in their infancy. Generating reports and automatically generated reports (workflow) are not as intuitive to create as I would have liked and can be difficult at first. Mind you my implementation specialist Amy was always there to help me get the reports to do what I needed. It just takes some time to learn Cosential' s interface for this.

Karman from Bennett Engineering Services

Industry: Civil Engineering

Suits our needs cost effectively

Pros

Designed for AEC, generates resumes and project sheets

Cons

Cant have multiple windows of projects open

Sarah from GH2 Architects

Cosential Review

Pros

Cons

The e-mail campaign software is hard to use.

Brad from SDB, Inc.

Good System for Marketers and Business Development

Pros

Very customizable system for verbiage to adapt to your company's terminology. Extensive reporting capabilities allow you to refine what data results are returned with full control.

Cons

The system can be intimidating to new users, specifically those with minimal computer experience, but is fairly intuitive once you are familiar with the program.

Mark from Archi-Technology LLC

Decent CRM, responsive Customer Support but Email Marketing module needs a lot of work

While Cosential is helping us get a better handle on our proposals and sales pipeline via its CRM functionality, it falls short on the Marketing Automation side at this time (early Jan. 19) especially relating to email capabilities. Their Support team is very good and has done an admirable job of addressing our frustrations in a positive, transparent and pro-active manner. We are cautiously optimistic that these issues will be resolved by the end of 1Q19.

Pros

The CRM portion of the product runs fairly well for the Construction market although record retrieval can be slow and there are a few procedures that cannot be performed using Chrome on a Mac. Overall we are pleased with the CRM functionality of the product.

Cons

The email functionality is not good. The Test Email command for email blasts doesn't work and is a known bug yet the command still appears in the screen. Email templates literally take minutes to open. You can't add internal personnel to a test email list. CC'd emails don't actually get sent. Variable tags don't work. Yikes! The good news, according to our Customer Success advocate, is that the company is aware of these issues and is aggressively working to address them in early 2019 so you may want to check the latest product features when considering the software.

Derick from Walter P Moore

Cosential - Work SMARTER Not Harder!

We used to have to pull and drag project information out of our Project Managers after their projects were completed, while they were already working on a few others.... Now with the workflow and Financial Data Connector, we are able to sync our financial projects directly into Cosential project records and pull relevant data real-time.

Pros

Built by and for the AEC industry. The workflows are a huge time-saver and allow us to capture the data we need to make our systems function.

Cons

Nothing major - I love their reports, but they can take some getting used to.

Miles from Bowman, Foster & Associates PC

September 2016

Sabrie from Universal Construction Company, Inc.

September 2016

If you are an AEC firm, Cosential is the way to go for a CRM.

Pros

It geared toward the Architect/Engineer/Construction field only. Customer service is wonderful!!

Cons

A little dated and a fully functioning app (right now it is just limited).

April from Eastman Cooke Construction

CRM Masterpiece

Amazing and organized CRM system with Trackable data. Integration with Procore to reduce double entry in new job setups. A great marketing publisher that if used correctly will update resumes, brochures, and all marketing material

Pros

Houses all our CRM information, ties in with outlook, easy to update, marketing tool to keep resumes and brochures updated is great

Cons

Very tedious set up process - but staff very helpful setting it up and keeping it organized and weeding through all lists and data and dulications

Gretchen from Cochran

Exploring All Aspects of our Cosential CRM

I look forward to learning the software completely and being able to take advantage of all the great features that Cosential CRM has.

Pros

I like how it can captures and links so much information between clients, contacts and opportunities.

Cons

Some features are still not working correctly and/or they are replacing with different features but I'm finding there are lots of issues still they haven't worked out which can be frustrating when learning a new system.

Kayla from Buttcon Limited

August 2016

Great tool for General Contractor Marketing/Business Development!

Pros

The dashboard and workflow system are excellent tools. As a very visual person, the ease and impact of the dashboard widgets are a great. Seeing your information in charts and graphs really help to monitor our marketing progress. The automated alerts and notifications from the workflow system are excellent as well. Easy and efficient way of letting the team know when there are new prequals, awards, proposals, etc.

Rose from Williams Company

Great customer services and easy to create indesign resumes and cutsheets from cosential.

Capability to start stream lining the resume and project sheet process.

Pros

The ability to produce resumes and cutsheets from cosential in indesign format. The process to store project information and customer relations is quick and easy. Ability to customize your dashboard.

Cons

That it will not round the Dollar to millions when producing a resume or cutsheet. You must go into the indesign file and edit the Dollar value.

July 2011

Deborah from KCI Technologies, Inc.

July 2011

Cosential provides us with a comprehensive database, allowing us to quickly access projects and data used for generating proposals, track our hit rates, follow up with opportunities, and run reports. The system has no problem managing our average workload of 75 proposals a month, 850 employees and over 6000 projects. Furthermore, Cosential makes it easy for us to efficiently store, search and retrieve the information we need. We used a different CRM system prior to beginning with Cosential, and the implementation team made our transition the easiest experience I've ever had. The team helped me successfully meet our implementation deadline, with very little complications along the way. Customer service at Cosential is personal, attentive and understanding of the A/E industry. They treat their clients like members of the development team, rather than as mere customers.

Carolyn from Hogan Construction Group

The customer service rep our implementation specialist, was wonderful.

Ongoing Insight into our marketing and business development efforts.

Pros

The integration with Outlook is hands down a great feature. We do not have to reinvent the wheel and can continue using software that we know and understand.

Katie from Charles M. Salter Associates

Cosential User in Implementation Phase

Pros

Cosential is designed specifically for the architecture, engineering, and construction industry, so it fits our needs better than any other platform I know of. It also has a lot of functionality and is customizable. I like that all of the current and future features are included so there are not hidden charges for additional functionality.

Cons

Fixes to our data import do not always happen quickly.

Gillian from Firm Ground

Exactly what we were looking for

Pros

Cons

This may not be necessarily a Con, but there is more in this software than we need. It would also be very helpful to have a feature in the mobile app where phone calls could be recorded so you can take notes on it later.