• Pros

• " This product is very easy to use, which ultimately makes my job easier. Their customer service is very helpful as well"

• "Easy of use. Simply and easy. I like it because it’s a self taught product. "

• "I love how diverse the functionality of Dealertrack, from tracking employee activity to streamlining processes this is a tremendously helpful tool"

• Cons

• "Cost is a little higher than others but we dont mind paying a little extra to get such a great and easy to use product"

• "I wish the font and colors were darker because we have a hard time seeing the screen sometimes. Great product though."

• "Price, but you can only have two or is the criteria. If it's good and fast, it's not cheap. If it's fast and cheap, it's not good. And if it's cheap and good, it's not fast. Pick two. "

Browse Dealertrack DMS Reviews

Michael from Meissner Chevrolet

The Gold standard

Pros

Before Dealertrack, trying to get credit applications over to banks was a tedious and monotonous process in which created a lot of tension for customers. The reason? Because to wait for a disposition for a customer could take quite some time. Enter Dealertrack! With Dealertrack, getting approvals was quick and easy.

Cons

Nothing to report. During the time that I used it, I don't ever recall having any issues or having to call them up for either training or technical support. This is a true testament to how easy their software is to use.

daniel from Always Approved Autos LLC

The one and only solution for financing

Awesome experience, I wouldn't use anything other than dealertrack to submit deals at my used car dealership.

Pros

-Very easy to find new lenders for sub-prime financing -Works very well with wayne reaves -The application process for submitting customers info to finance companies is seamless -Easy to submit applications to multiple lenders

Cons

-Has a bit of a learning curve -The website should have a walkthrough for new users to learn the platform Nothing other than those 2 i've noticed

Reasons for Choosing Dealertrack DMS

Dealertrack is easiest way to submit deals from my experience

Liz from Pecheles Automotive Group

User Friendly Business Softwarw

Amazing customer service and support. It is easy to get an real live person on the line to walk you through any issue. Overall, I am very pleased and glad my company chose Dealertrack.

Pros

Cons

Dealertrack has "married" with so many other systems, we have long term employees with multi-profiles as a result. It would be great if there was an automated process to merge the systems to create a better user experience as the platform expands.

Cost, functionality

When it works it is acceptable.

Pros

When it is up and running it is useful and would be great, the idea of what it can do is exactly what you would want. If I want to see the service history from the last year I couldn't get all the information I needed. Not sure if this is because we didn't have the software integrated correctly or what.

Cons

Had problems logging on in the morning when I first got to work. The Vin scanner doesn't always read on the first try, have to scan and scan to get it to read. The mobile application just didn't work fast enough. I often had to go back to my desk to get all the data I needed and by then it was too late to capitalized on the initial interaction with the customer.

tracy from lake county auto sales inc.

great program for a smaller company

ability to pull credit and generate applications with access to many lenders at one time is priceless, and easy to complete deals from start to finish regarding financing

Pros

ease of use, information available anytime at my fingertips,. Loved the ability to communicate with lenders directly from site. ability to save and store deals. all compliance material available at your fingertips.

Cons

a little difficult to move from one deal to another without saving information first, but overall I am well satisfied with product

Julie from JC Blue Ridge Enterprises Inc

Dealertrack Made My Job Easier

My overall experience is fine. Happy with my DealerTrack and think dealers would love it.

Pros

I enjoyed being able to long on anywhere to underwrite deals. It also made pulling reports and entering new dealers easy.

Cons

I did not like when I could not get a dealer to “line up”. Most of the time they lined up perfect, but sometimes it would take too long.

Corporate decision.

Matthew from Credit Union CarFinders

Great for inventory management

Amazing customer service. I liked the inventory side. It worked very well for our business, but the accounting side is very important to keep the business running.

Pros

Dealertrack DMS was easy to use and integrated well with the web provider that we used at the time.

Cons

The accounting side seemed very antiquated and was not easy to pull monthly reports

I inherited the product

Eli from Vern Eide Honda

New DMS, works well

Pros

Using this DMS software daily has been a little bit of a steep learning curve after so many years with Reynolds & Reynolds but as the time goes on it becomes more and more intuitive on a day to day basis. It seems they continue to run updates and improve the experience as well.

Cons

Would have liked some more in depth training related to those that are computer savvy, there are a number of shortcuts that come in hand that we've had to learn ourselves that make using this DMS worlds more simple. Maybe consider adding this into the training program going forward.

Lisa from Weston Volvo

Dealertrack keeps our F&I process streamlined

I use Dealertrack daily to submit loan applications for funding. It's simple to apply to multiple lenders simultaneously and track status no matter where we are in the funding process. The copy and resubmit option is exceptionally helpful for clients who are not sure what route to take.

Pros

I love that Dealertrack is user friendly. I can sort by current applications, contracts in transit and user.

Cons

There have not been any features that I have had issues with when using Dealertrack software so far.

Tim from Dan Pfeiffer Automotive

Overall decent software, but lacking in some areas

Pros

At our dealership, the parts department and service department really like the software. Creating repair orders and parts tickets are pretty easy and straightforward. Customer support is also good when you need assistance. The vehicle sales side of things takes many more steps than it should, but it certainly gets the job done in the long run.

Cons

As this is a cloud-based solution, there are occasional outages with the data center. When this happens, our entire business is impacted since it runs every aspect of it.

NICHOLAS from AZ AUTO CONNECT

Dealertrack ELT Services

I was first introduced to Sue Phillips and her team at Dealer Track back in December 2016. I was trying to help a fellow Dealer obtain his ELT # for the state of Arizona. I noticed that at that time Dealer Track was experiencing a bit of a staffing challenge, however, the level of support I was getting was phenomenal!! Sue and her team worked around all obstacles including the shortage of resources available to complete the process. 3 months later I obtained my dealer license, I remembered how professional the team at Dealer Track was, so I decided implement my ELT# with Sue and her team. I made the right choice!! Sue and her team were able to complete the entire process start to finish in record time. Thanks again for Stepping up and helping our new Dealership. Time is money, and DealerTracks speed and efficiency definitely contributed to our overall bottom line profitability.. I would rate this as Best In Class Industry Service!!! Nick Buzzetta AZ Auto Connect

John from Hansel

DealerTrack is a must!

Overall my experience with DealerTrack has been great!

Pros

They consistently stay up to date and on top of their platform.

Cons

Does not show ltv and other things while submitting like some competitors.

I use both honestly.

Benjamin from Laird Noller Automotive

Dealertrack DMS

I use this software daily to help keep the productivity at my company flowing. It allows us many great options to manage our operations. I would recommend this to those that are looking at the product for a complete solution.

Pros

The software offers a true variety of options when it comes to daily operations. The team at Dealertrack is always on top of updates and communication and the system rarely if ever has any issues.

Cons

There aren't many cons from my standpoint, it provides a tool to help get things done in an efficient manner. The only issue you may run into is when you have people setting up others accounts, they can either give too much or too little to the user in terms of options. I would advise training the HR or whomever you will have set the program up to be very specific to each persons roll in the company, again this is a user issue not the program itself

Customizable and Easy to use

Pros

Very diverse DMS for the money. Switched from one of the other big three to Dealertrack and after we got our feet wet, you couldn’t make anyone go back.

Cons

Need to ensure you take this rare time to start fresh and clean up your accounting and processes. No sense in bringing the old ways to the new set up (and typically you don’t switch a DMS often). We, unfortunately, did not do our due diligence and the implementation folks are going to do what you ask- which was foolish on our part. Because of that we had a few months after where it was not as smooth as I would have liked

Britney from The Moran Group

Second Best of Lender Submission Platforms

Overall, it is an easy to use, And more importantly, easy to train platform. However, it lacks in the overall non pay-to-play capability in relation to it's peers.

Pros

It is very easy to train employees to use and is esthetically appealing. Also, its integration with other products, specifically its DMS, is second to none.

Cons

It is limited. You have to pay for everything. It has limited internal capabilities. Very expensive. No captive has partnered with them to mitigate said costs.

robin from AUTOFACTORY

Great software for the automotive industry

Pros

I like using dealertrack. As a F&I manager at an automotive dealership, I use Dealertrack to submit all of my credit applications and it is so easy to use! I can access payoffs, approvals, and everything in between with Dealertrack.

Cons

Every so often, the software goes down and it can take minutes or hours for it to come back. I also wish there was a way to transfer my credit apps into my Lot Wizard instead of having to re-type everything.

Adam from Huebner

Good tool but not great

Dealertrack is mandatory for my job. The dealership has been using it since before I started working here. Its old school and could use a facelift. I hear they're coming out with a unify system but we'll see if it is much of an improvement.

Pros

It allows me to accomplish most of my daily tasks without much headache

Cons

The user interface isn't great. It could be so much better. Some parameters should be automatic. In the forms section the scroll function is weird and everything seems very old school.

Marcus from Summit Place KIA

Best Automotive DMS

We switched from Reynolds and Reynolds. The software itself looks so much nicer than R&R.

Pros

I like the software, very easy to use, easy to set up and also easy to train my employees on how to use the software.

Cons

The one con I would say Dealertrack has, which it hasn't happened for awhile now, is that the website will go down and we can't use the software until the website comes back online.

Reasons for Switching to Dealertrack DMS

We made the switch to save money on software.

Dealer Track - Affordable DMS solution

Overall, it is not as good as some, yet still better than others. It tends to be one of the better affordable DMS available.

Pros

>Overall Cost is the normal variable in choosing the DealerTrack DMS *Cheaper Dealer solution than either CDK or Reynolds &Reynolds >Some Aspects of the DMS can be Automated even though the overall solution is FTP based. >Navigation is not too intensive >Able to set up Auto run extractions for provision to a CRM Solution >Setup of reporting and or File runs is normally easily accomplished >Offers In house Integration with Service App X-Time

Cons

>Reporting is not as extensive as offered by other DMS providers >X-Time integration can be spotty at times >Limitations on the amount of Historical data that is maintained within the DMS, remaining Data is archived and is not as easily accessible. >System is not Live update for Automated reporting *Example: Automated reports set up today do not get recognized by the system as such until the nightly update occurs. >Seems to be fewer people available at a dealership that possess the proper admin access required for setting up reports or reviewing High end information.

Tabitha from Automax of Chester County

I love being able to have all my lenders in one place!

I couldn't imagine the F&I process without it!

Pros

I love that Dealertrack integrates with my other DMS software and I can seamlessly send apps to all of my chosen lenders. Counter offers are made right there and all within minutes. It shortens the car buying process for customers and F&I.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve when you first start. But the staff is very helpful and will help you get the most out of the system.

Glenn from Elite car Collection

Dealer Track best software in the Automotive industry

I have used Dealer Track Since it's entry into the car business. It is difficult to imagine working a car deal without it.

Pros

Dealer track has a tool for almost every need in the industry. Very easy to use. Always Improving and adding valuable tools.

Cons

Cost should be tailored to dealership size and use of product. Not to take away from its value because there is no better tool for the automobile industry.

Cristian from AutoNation

At your finger tips!

Overall dealertrac was functional and pretty quick for approvals.

Pros

Allowes me to view multiple finance companies at a press of a button. Gives you information on additional documents that are needed. Quick information upload

Cons

The cons for me is that it allowed other F&I users to see qualified and minimal qualified candidates. This did create issues with cherry picking.

Jesse from Dave Sinclair Ford

Dealertrack is one of the leading full auto dealer solutions companies.

Pros

Uptodate tech. Great source of options. Dealertrack as a company is very productive in their operations.

Cons

Regarding the child company Dealer.com: Customer support has many breaks in communication between support reps and techs. The background coding environment used antiquated code. It takes way to long to resolve minor issues. Promises are often made yet are not fulfilled.

AMIE from Maple Hill Auto Group

It has been a great experience. It was easy to set up and implement. It was easy to get all of our sales team on board

Pros

Cons

There have been several times my leads have gotten "stuck" and i have had to call to get them taken care of. It doesn't happen often.

SHARON from Walt's

I use this everyday and it's great!

Keeps inventory and pricing up to date with little or no effort. It's a great product that we use everyday

Pros

It's easy to use and keeps track of inventory and leads in a comprehensive manner. You can make as many quotes as you need.

Brienna from Quality Car Sales

Dealertrack is a great system for pulling bureaus and accessing lenders!

I use this program every day and have been very happy with it. It's especially nice that it has the option to export the contents of the worksheet to other systems I use regularly (ie: dealerpull and walkaway). I am very happy with this program.

Pros

The direct access it gives to multiple lenders.

Cons

Sometimes the deals get stuck between me and another lender and I have to call to get it pushed through.

Dan from 1A Auto Sales

Great company with great products and people

Free product that is simple to use. I use it for finance applications.

Pros

The product caters around the auto industry in all ways. It's consistently getting better by the day.

Cons

Certain software glitches with all the new additions they have been making. The problem is dealing with the IT support in India.

It was free.

John from Bourne's Auto Center

Dealertrack, good but some faults

I have found that overall this is a good platform. I like the overall UI and ease of use.

Pros

I like that I have become accustomed to all of the features and its ease of use. Being a daily user I need something that functions properly so I can work efficiently.

Cons

Sometimes the software can crash with some regularity.

Andrew from Advantage Auto Direct

The center of your business

Again, integration with all of my CRM software makes this choice a no brainer

Pros

It's integration with the best software and your key to all available lenders. They already have generated standardized forms so there are no times you'll need to reinvent the wheel

Tony from Jerry Ward Autoplex

DealerTrack DMS

Overall a great tool for those who work in the automotive industry

Pros

I use this daily in my work and it helps me with internet sales. Can track customers and work my leads easily.

Cons

Can be veryyy slow at times. Won't allow me to log on. The function commands are confusing at times.

Tanya from Bournes Auto Center

Efficient

Pros

What I like most is you can submit credit applications for potential car buys and do all the financing paper work all on the same software.

Cons

What I like least about the software is sometimes it does crash and you have to call technical support.

Linda from 1st Choice Auto LLC

easy to use

saves time. availability of finding new lenders

Pros

it sends all the information needed to several financial institutions therefor saving us time and money.

Cons

not all financial institutions are available or integrated with the software . Unable to fax credit applications

Mostly Happy with Dealer track.

Our dealership has been using Dealertrack for 6 months after converting from Reynolds and Reynolds. Dealertrack is alot easier and more intuitive. I'm told we are also saving a bunch of money for switching. All features seem to be included, instead of paying for each individual features like Reynolds.

Pros

Easy to use. Has more current features after converting from Reynolds and Reynolds. Way cheaper as well.

Cons

Seems to be lacking some features that are present in other areas of the software. Suggestions need to have at least 50 votes before Dealertrack will even look at it.

Ben from City Auto Mall

Great DMS

Pros

Easy to use for our business office managers and our office staff. Great program that helps track incentives.

DEALERTRACK

Pros

DEALERTRACK IS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND I LIKE ALL THE REFERENCE MATERIAL AVAILABLE.

Cons

I DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT IS SOME REPORTING YOU CAN'T REFERENCE TWO YEARS TOGETHER. YOU HAVE TO PRINT EACH YEAR SEPARATELY.

Clifton from Antera Auto Sales

Dealer Track is an excellent CRM tool to have when your preparing a new deal for financing structure

Great for utilizing your customers information for a deal structure, pulling credit and expediting your deal to all the Banks and Credit Unions you use for approvals.

Pros

Cons

Unfortunately, not all Banks or Credit Unions use the Dealer Track platform. And you have to be established with a Bank or Credit Union to expedite a deal to. It would be nice if the system had Financial Institutes on their platform to help out Independent Dealers.

Paul from Bill Holt Mitsubishi

Great product!

We live it at the dealership

Pros

Easy of use. Simply and easy. I like it because it’s a self taught product.

Cons

Nothing really negative to say. It’s a easy product to use.

Louis from Pinnacle Auto

Dealertrack update

Pros

The new update is easy to pull a credit report and customer information.

Cons

Very very difficult for the inventory to be updated and merged with the application.

Couldn’t live without it

Pros

Love that all my banks can receive the application with a click

Cons

I love everything about it almost never have any problems

Cindy from Toyota

Super easy and inexpensive

Very robust reporting, customization, and integrates with everything easily. I don't know why dealers always think they have only two options

Pros

Simple to use and train new staff on

Cons

I wish the working area of the screen were bigger and maximized the whole length of your monitor

debra from Ford Dealer

Where would we be without it?

Pros

Easy to use how multi abilities to book out, and save inventory works great with DMS

Cons

Just that I cannot integrate with our OEM product (as of yet)

Daniel from Dorsett Automotive

Cox is making progress

Pros

Cox is making progress is turning Arkona into a friendlier DMS.

Cons

Its Arkona and it still needs some help, however we can see Cox working on it.

CHRIS from NO LIMIT MOTORSPORTS

DEALERTRACK REVEIW

Pros

THE EASE OF SUBMITING APPLICATIONS TO MY DIFFERENT LENDERS.

Cons

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE.

BRIAN from Champion Auto Superstore

extremely easy to use and very helpful

Pros

extremely multi faced many things can be going on at the same time

Cons

I have been using Dealertrack for a while i really like thats dms

Brandon from Consultant

Expensive but great

Pros

Great way to submit and structure deals and easily imports other deals

Cons

Crm is terrible and way over priced, credit pulls too

CHRIS from NO LIMIT MOTORSPORTS

Dealertrack Review

Pros

It makes doing business with my lenders so easy and saves a lot of time.

Cons

Nothing it works great, for what we need.

Casey from Preferred Auto

Great Product For Finance

Easy to use software that allows us to get the customer approved on the spot. We have hooked up with 35 lenders and that's just the starting point!

Pros

Very easy to use

Cons

none

chris from david stanley dodge

dealership simplified

this product has stream lined our business and the way we do all of our daily tasks, has made selling a car a lot easier with everything in one location

Pros

simplicity

Cons

na

Brad from LGM Auto Finance

Dealertrack

Pros

Able to create reports that I can export to Excel

Cons

Having to Join different reports in Advanced Reporting so that they communicate with each other. Also I have had this crash multiple times a week

Kelsey from Bob Mills Mitsubishi

Easy to use, all dealings with customer service have been helpful.

Pros

Very easy to use and makes my job easier. Customer service is great and very helpful. Would recommend.

Cons

I wish you could upload more than 1 picture automatically (besides stock photos) within inventory plus. I’ve been told this cannot be done.