Dealertrack DMS

Dealertrack DMS Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Ease of use, information available anytime at my fingertips. Loved the ability to communicate with lenders directly from site."
  • icon"Dealertrack DMS is very easy to use, as well has great helpful customer service as well as superior hospitality."
  • icon"The interface is very sleek and easy to use, I love it and hope the company never switches over to another software."
  • icon"Customer support is terrible. Not designed for an independent dealer, only OEM's."
  • icon"Some parameters should be automatic. In the forms section the scroll function is weird and everything seems very old school."
  • icon"Very antiquated interface and apparently no intention to upgrade."

Have you used Dealertrack DMS and would like to share your experience with others?

All Dealertrack DMS Reviews

Brienna

Dealertrack is a great system for pulling bureaus and accessing lenders!

I use this program every day and have been very happy with it. It's especially nice that it has the option to export the contents of the worksheet to other systems I use regularly (ie: dealerpull and walkaway). I am very happy with this program.

Pros

The direct access it gives to multiple lenders.

Cons

Sometimes the deals get stuck between me and another lender and I have to call to get it pushed through.

Benjamin

Dealertrack DMS

I use this software daily to help keep the productivity at my company flowing. It allows us many great options to manage our operations. I would recommend this to those that are looking at the product for a complete solution.

Pros

The software offers a true variety of options when it comes to daily operations. The team at Dealertrack is always on top of updates and communication and the system rarely if ever has any issues.

Cons

There aren't many cons from my standpoint, it provides a tool to help get things done in an efficient manner. The only issue you may run into is when you have people setting up others accounts, they can either give too much or too little to the user in terms of options. I would advise training the HR or whomever you will have set the program up to be very specific to each persons roll in the company, again this is a user issue not the program itself

Steven

Tragic update

I've been using dealtrack for 15 plus year's and previously loved it, however after the change i absolutely hate it and will be looking into other options like RouteOne

Pros

Absolutely NOTHING, the ONLY thing this update did was get me to look into RouteOne!

Cons

There is absolutely nothing i like about it, WHY would you change something that wasn't broken and user friendly? I don't get it, so i will be looking into other options!

Reasons for choosing Dealertrack DMS

This is more like why I'm leaving dealertrack not why i chose them, there new platform is absolute trash!

Customizable and Easy to use

Pros

Very diverse DMS for the money. Switched from one of the other big three to Dealertrack and after we got our feet wet, you couldn’t make anyone go back.

Cons

Need to ensure you take this rare time to start fresh and clean up your accounting and processes. No sense in bringing the old ways to the new set up (and typically you don’t switch a DMS often). We, unfortunately, did not do our due diligence and the implementation folks are going to do what you ask- which was foolish on our part. Because of that we had a few months after where it was not as smooth as I would have liked

Zack

June 2022

Must have

Pros

Easy of use. Organized. Easy to visually look at inventory. Feeds data to various websites with minimal hiccups and reliable.

Cons

User interface is somewhat outdated and needs a fresh look. Easier ways to search for inventory.

DEALERTRACK

Pros

DEALERTRACK IS VERY USER FRIENDLY AND I LIKE ALL THE REFERENCE MATERIAL AVAILABLE.

Cons

I DO NOT LIKE THE FACT THAT IS SOME REPORTING YOU CAN'T REFERENCE TWO YEARS TOGETHER. YOU HAVE TO PRINT EACH YEAR SEPARATELY.

Mostly Happy with Dealer track.

Our dealership has been using Dealertrack for 6 months after converting from Reynolds and Reynolds. Dealertrack is alot easier and more intuitive. I'm told we are also saving a bunch of money for switching. All features seem to be included, instead of paying for each individual features like Reynolds.

Pros

Easy to use. Has more current features after converting from Reynolds and Reynolds. Way cheaper as well.

Cons

Seems to be lacking some features that are present in other areas of the software. Suggestions need to have at least 50 votes before Dealertrack will even look at it.

Lisa

Dealertrack keeps our F&I process streamlined

I use Dealertrack daily to submit loan applications for funding. It's simple to apply to multiple lenders simultaneously and track status no matter where we are in the funding process. The copy and resubmit option is exceptionally helpful for clients who are not sure what route to take.

Pros

I love that Dealertrack is user friendly. I can sort by current applications, contracts in transit and user.

Cons

There have not been any features that I have had issues with when using Dealertrack software so far.

Tami

July 2022

Fast for Funding deals

Pros

Super easy to use especially for uploaded deals and stips

Cons

Not very mobile friendly, very hard to log in with a mobile device

Liz

User Friendly Business Softwarw

Amazing customer service and support. It is easy to get an real live person on the line to walk you through any issue. Overall, I am very pleased and glad my company chose Dealertrack.

Pros

I love how diverse the functionality of Dealertrack, from tracking employee activity to streamlining processes this is a tremendously helpful tool

Cons

Dealertrack has "married" with so many other systems, we have long term employees with multi-profiles as a result. It would be great if there was an automated process to merge the systems to create a better user experience as the platform expands.

Reasons for switching to Dealertrack DMS

Cost, functionality

robin

Great software for the automotive industry

Pros

I like using dealertrack. As a F&I manager at an automotive dealership, I use Dealertrack to submit all of my credit applications and it is so easy to use! I can access payoffs, approvals, and everything in between with Dealertrack.

Cons

Every so often, the software goes down and it can take minutes or hours for it to come back. I also wish there was a way to transfer my credit apps into my Lot Wizard instead of having to re-type everything.

Marcus

Best Automotive DMS

We switched from Reynolds and Reynolds. The software itself looks so much nicer than R&R.

Pros

I like the software, very easy to use, easy to set up and also easy to train my employees on how to use the software.

Cons

The one con I would say Dealertrack has, which it hasn't happened for awhile now, is that the website will go down and we can't use the software until the website comes back online.

Reasons for switching to Dealertrack DMS

We made the switch to save money on software.

AMIE

It has been a great experience. It was easy to set up and implement. It was easy to get all of our sales team on board

Pros

This product is very easy to use, which ultimately makes my job easier. Their customer service is very helpful as well

Cons

There have been several times my leads have gotten "stuck" and i have had to call to get them taken care of. It doesn't happen often.

SHARON

I use this everyday and it's great!

Keeps inventory and pricing up to date with little or no effort. It's a great product that we use everyday

Pros

It's easy to use and keeps track of inventory and leads in a comprehensive manner. You can make as many quotes as you need.

Cons

I wish the font and colors were darker because we have a hard time seeing the screen sometimes. Great product though.

Dan

Great company with great products and people

Free product that is simple to use. I use it for finance applications.

Pros

The product caters around the auto industry in all ways. It's consistently getting better by the day.

Cons

Certain software glitches with all the new additions they have been making. The problem is dealing with the IT support in India.

Reasons for choosing Dealertrack DMS