What are Hootsuite users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Hootsuite software through verified user reviews

2,753 Reviews

1,383
1,012

• icon"I absolutely love this program and I personally use it to maintain my social media presence. It is awesome to set a schedule of posting and you can share with a team if you need to."
  • icon"The UI is good, Seeing all your social media status and replying to the comments you received on one platform is an amazing feature this is the reason I still use this."
  • icon"I appreciate Hootsuite's commitment to supporting nonprofits in offering discounts that make it affordable for us to use with our team."
  • icon"It doesn't have many features that aren't included in a given social media platform's native scheduling app, and in many cases it's actively worse due to a lack of proper licensure."
  • icon"I don't like when you are switching back and forth from planner to content you loose your spot in the planner and have to search for the day you were on."

Browse all Hootsuite Reviews

• Have you used Hootsuite and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 2,753 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,753 reviews

Charity

Impressive free plan

Overall, I'm satisfied with Hootsuite and will continue to use this platform to manage my social media accounts. With the ability to schedule up to 30 posts on the free plan, including scheduling Instagram posts, and viewing different social media accounts all on one dashboard, it beats other social media management platforms that require plan upgrades to access similar features.

Pros

As someone who uses Hootsuite's "Free" plan, I'm incredibly impressed by what Hootsuite offers in the plan. My favorite tool on Hootsuite is the "Streams." I can sort scheduled posts, past posts, mentions, and followers' posts by social media platform using "Streams" on my dashboard. This allows me to see responses or comments on my posts and engage with followers, without having to visit several social media sites. With the free version, I can also schedule more posts on social media than other social media management programs, and the free plan allows me to schedule posts on my business Instagram account.

Cons

"Free plan" users who are needing advanced features beyond basic analytics will need to upgrade and if they shorten links using TinyUrl or Bitly, there isn't a meaningful way to track engagement in the program. Also, users need to be aware that the connections between Hootsuite and social media networks frequently drop, and that the program's connection with Instagram is frequently buggy.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

I made the switch from Buffer because Buffer's free plan only allowed me to schedule 10 posts at a time.

Salvatore

Almost perfect!

Overall, my experience with Hootsuite has been very positive. Scheduling posts across multiple platforms simultaneously works flawlessly, and it is easy to give multiple team members access under the business account. My only negative is the lack of alt text, which limits the usability for my organization.

Pros

I love Hootsuite's feed view, which allows me to see the social media feed for all of my organization's accounts in one place. The previews are effective and true to each social media platform. the scheduling features work very well, and it is easy to post simultaneously across various platforms. Having multiple team members schedule social media posts work flawlessly, and various types of media all post seamlessly.

Cons

As a public organization, we are required to include alternate text for all images posted to be in compliance with laws for accessibility. I have contacted customer support, and though they were very friendly and helpful, we were unfortunately unable to work it out, as it seemed alt text is not currently supported by all platforms.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Many of our uses are not savvy with technology and social media. The ease of using Hootsuite was our primary motivation.

Vignesh

Hootsuite's multi platform integration is the best one

I have been able to save time as the content gets posted across multiple channels at once instead of manually uploading it at each place.

Pros

Access to integrate many platforms together and save time.

Cons

Few bugs which I have reported (like a buggy UI). The next thing was its limitations on the number of accounts.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Because of the brand and its reputation.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Much better functionalities. The prices were also better with this one. Better product.

Steve

Used To Be Great...

Pros

I've been using Hootsuite for a long time for multiple businesses/clients and I have loved the capability they offer for a reason able price, but unfortunately that recently changed. So I'll get to that in the cons section. I do still love how easy it is to schedule but that is about it. Everything else, I'm no longer a fan of.

Cons

1. When you schedule something if you need to go back and make an edit it is very time consuming and cumbersome. 2. You used to be able to have something like 5 profiles connected on the free plan and schedule out 20 posts but now you can only have 2 profiles and 5 posts. 3. The paid plans are way too expensive in my opinion for what you get compared to other platforms like Later. 4. The analytics are not that helpful in my opinion. I can get more information on Facebook directly than Hoostuite. 5. I have had a lot of technical problems lately. Getting a lot of random errors and having to redo a post or getting errors connecting a profile, etc. All making it pretty hard to use the software anymore.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

It was the cheapest at the time.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Hoosuite had a free plan. Otherwise I love Sprout Social so so so much more in every way except the price. Sprout Social is way too expensive in my opinion so I switched to Hoostuite because it was the most cost effective at the time, not so much anymore.

Brie

Mediocre at best

Where is the competition in the social media management software space? There has to be a better option than this?

Pros

I run a modeling and acting agency and I was posting between SC, IG, FB, Twitter and YT on a daily basis. Making it very hard to be away from my phone and risk missing prime posting opportunities and viral trends. I was looking for something that would schedule pre-selected posts, videos, pictures and adds. The best option online seemed to be Hootsuite. It was well marketed and seemed very user-friendly... at first. It does indeed schedule your posts to various social media platforms, and it also allows for multiple streams of social media (i.e other business or personal accounts). That's a very handy feature!

Cons

The user interface is weak, it's not user-friendly nor is it practical or modern looking. It has a tendency to leg, it also isn't mobile friendly, they do have an app, but again it's not easy to navigate. Which is an absolute must when working on social media on the fly. When I created beautiful well-round posts and saved them to a posting schedule. I would check the posts after they had been released, via the online social media site, the posts would always turn out unformatted, with broken links and fuzzy low res images. I was overall very disappointed with this product. especially because it was so highly rated and not free. I felt like I kept putting in a lot of effort just to re-do all my work all the time.

Joshua

If you've got the budget, you can afford this mediocre service

Hootsuite was excellent back in the day, it was the industry standard, but I feel start-ups have easily surpassed them in just a matter of a few months! If you can afford their service feeds and you are happy with them, then stay with their mediocre service. If you have the option to change, there are definitely better platforms out there.

Pros

Hootsuite was fairly simple to setup and I was programming social media posts within a few minutes. It supported LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook, which are the three platforms I use the most.

Cons

The UI was way too busy on certain pages, but the calendar view as convenient and clean so I could visualize what we had planned for the coming weeks. The price went up a few months ago and it priced us out. It's not worth the new pro prices they have listed. Lacks support for Google My Business pages and Canva intergration, which means everyting takes a few extra steps.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Later changed their free plan and it became very limited. I also had to keep reconnecting our accounts quite often, was a real pain when a post failed!

Joanmarie

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Almost Perfect!

Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

I went with their free version to save money while I showed my potential to the school district and laid out plans for their social media management.

Manage multiple social media accounts at reasonable prize, but analysis is over expensive

Pros

The dashboard is great to monitor multiple accounts at once, you can view different hashtags, words, mentions, brands or whatever you want at once in a single tab. Very easy to use and learn just the basics. Integration to web browsers and multi browsers. Automated reports sent to email.

Cons

You need to pay to assemble the different charts, tables, graphs and parts of analysis by each report. Not affordable if you want more team members. Advanced features take a lot of effort to learn. Targeting while posting is limited.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Multiple benefits in one product at a reasonable price. (Except for analysis)

Jillian

A Necessity for Any Social Media Professional

Terrific experience and will continue using Hootsuite on a regular basis for work. Would highly recommend!

Pros

The best part of Hootsuite is the affordable price for the features that you get. I like how easy it is to use and you can publish to many social sites with the click of a button. It automatically connects to all your social media platforms and you can monitor post performance and engagement.

Cons

I did not like how pricey the custom URL shorteners are. In addition, sometimes the previews do not show up when trying to post on Facebook - some trial and error is necessary.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

TweetDeck has fewer options as Hootsuite and other people from my team recommended it.

Esteban

What a great social media management platform

Using Hootsuit helps you keep organized with your content and schedule, you can manage all your social media platforms in only one place! It makes you get things done faster than ever!

Pros

The possibility of manage different social platforms in only one place, simplifies the job in a whole new way! I absolutely recommend it!

Cons

There’s no integration with some social media platforms but the most popular and most used are!

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Later let’s you manage only one platform, so if you have more than one social media Account Hootsuit is where you should go!

Great app, keeps evolving, leaving their “free tier” in the dust.

Great experience, but my old account was much better than the newer accounts.

Pros

Great to be able to post to multiple social media channels from one place. They have a good newsfeed, and analytics.

Cons

They used to have a good free tier but as they’ve become larger and more enterprise they’ve left them with a neutered plan. They still allow for 2 social channels which is better than zero.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

I didn’t switch, I still use the other apps. Hootsuite is integrated with more products though, so it comes in handy as a tool when needing to auto post from some tools.

Great for social media managers

Overall, it's been great. There's not really any other tools out there that I like as much as Hootsuite, despite the few things I don't like about it. There have been big improvements made to the site over the last several years so there's a feeling of things improving and getting better.

Pros

I like how easy it is to schedule social media posts across a variety of social media channels at once. That saves me loads of time each week.

Cons

I don't like how you're limited to only 3 social media channels with the free account. I wish the restriction was on how many posts you could schedule in a month or something else.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Just seemed like it did more of what I was looking for in a free account than any of the other tools did.

Great for social media!

It's easy to use and adapt, and it has great features for small business social media posting. It's not very expensive, and it's a great basic tool.

Pros

I liked the calendar function so I could see what was coming up to post about. I also liked how it would emphasize hashtags, and do spell check for me. It was also easy to get other users on to check the posts before publishing.

Cons

The big one was not being able to post directly to Instagram. As we posted on IG about 15 times a week, that made it a bit annoying to have to do separately.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

It was cheaper and we didn't need all the Sprout Social features.

Amanda

Share to all social platforms from one place

Having the ability to post across all of our social media pages at once vs. individually saves us hundreds of hours of time. Hootsuite also offers great analytics where we can see how our posts are performing all at the same time.

Pros

I am part of a Dental Service Organization with over 50 offices. We have social media platforms for all of these offices. Hootsuite allows us to post to all office's social media platforms at once rather than doing it individually. BIG time saver!

Cons

Sometimes the website is a little glitchy. There is an error that pops up probably 50% of the time that I use the software. However, just hitting "submit" again generally gets it to work.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Hootsuite was compatible with more social media platforms than chatmeter was.

Hannah

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Did not live up to the hype for us

Hootsuite occasionally has free webinars to help build the platform. They also offer extra certifications at an additional cost if you're interested in learning more about paid advertising or things like that. Hootsuite is easy to use, has some great troubleshooting articles and FAQ but overall, it just hasn't been a good fit for our commercial real estate business.

Pros

I do like using Hootsuite to build up a calendar of posts to go out at a later date. We publish from multiple accounts for several different companies so it is helpful to have a space to (mostly) do it all in one place.

Cons

Linkedin is our primary social media platform and I feel that is the platform Hootsuite is most lacking.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

There were so many new tools, we chose Hootsuite because of it's longevity in the market. Multiple people recommended it.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Constant contact had just released a social media management tool on their platform but it didn't do all that we needed

maria

Hootsuite for dance

I've used it a few times but then decided to go with Buffer and Later as for me they were easier to navigate and you could do more before they start charging

Pros

We needed an app to post social media posts and Hootsuite came recommended. I downloaded the app but have only used it once or twice as it doesn't seem very intuitive

Cons

Its tricky to add account plus it only allows you to add 2 social networks before it starts charging you. I found an alternative which works much better for me.

I tried Hootsuite but have now gone back to Buffer

Raquel

Cheap and easy to use but not comprehensive

Pros

They had great pricing for nonprofit use, it is intuitive, and it has good customer support.

Cons

Was unable to integrate all social media platforms into a single scheduled post, which is what we were looking for. We found this ability to be most efficient, and without this, we didn’t move past the free trial. We also were not satisfied with the engagement analytics provided.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Free trial and good customer service, though we ultimately went with Sprout.

Ben

Getting Better with Time

Overall, Hootsuite provides a single place to monitor multiple social media platforms, create branded and consistent marketing campaigns, schedule content in advance with easy oversight, and get insights into content performance.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great way to set up a multi channel dashboard to have greater oversight of your social media channels. I appreciate that it covers all the major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Cons

At this point in time, users can't directly publish content to the Facebook and Instagram stories, which are major marketing tools. Where as you can pre schedule traditional posts, it's not an option for stories.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Hootsuite seemed to combine all our organizational needs as it pertains to platform management, content scheduling, and analytics in a way that was easier to use than the alternatives.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

As a professional, I liked the look and interface of Hootsuite better than CoSchedule. I thought it was easier to use and had better control over multiple tools.

Thomas

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.

Randi

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Pros

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

I've been using Hootsuite since your birth so it's more like a comfort level with you versus others.

Meisha

Sufficient Free Tool for Social Media Scheduling

Hootsuite is a great free tool for beginners and small social media teams! It's easy to use and has just about all of the basics you could need to start scheduling and managing social.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great free solution for basic social media management. I enjoy the dashboard customizations, where you can pull in different channels and features (ex: posts, timelines, mentions, etc.) all in one easy-to-manage interface. It also makes social listening easy versus having to log in and manage notifications manually on each individual platform. In general, Hootsuite is easy to learn given some experience with other SaaS platforms. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. And, they offer a ton of free resources to help you get up to speed with the platform and social media management in general, which is nice. With the free version, you can manage three social profiles. This is great for personal use or for managing in-house social, but not ideal for agencies or managing multiple clients/accounts. Surprisingly, however, you can schedule as many posts as you want within those three profiles, which is great for advanced planning.

Cons

The integrations and features/functionality could be better. I personally prefer to use HootSuite to schedule tweets and prefer to schedule other content for Facebook and LinkedIn within the actual platforms. It's fine to use HootSuite in a pinch, but you are able to do a lot more customizations within the individual platforms. Kind of a pain to do it separate/manually, but you get a better post/product in return. For example, you often can't add multiple images to a post or do a carousel-style post as you could directly within Facebook. Like most SaaS products that have a free version, there are limitations. For anything more than managing in-house or personal social, you'd likely need to invest in one of the paid plans and really compare what's offered in HootSuite vs some of the other more enterprise solutions. The reporting is also fairly limited and you'll likely have to work within the platforms directly or use other tools to get a full picture of social media performance.

Love this social tool!

I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Cons

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Harry

Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more LinkedIn features

It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics. There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it. We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Pros

Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful. As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most. Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Cons

It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway). It would be good to see similar monitoring streams for Hashtag conversations because this feature is applicable in LinkedIn as well as Twitter. The Publisher also feels like it's just missing something and I think it's the ability to 'plot' in posts rather than drafting out complete posts. For example when we're planning what activity we want to launch, we might not know what the full post is going to look like, but we might just want to plot in ideas which at the moment we have to do on a spreadsheet and then translate over to the Hootsuite publisher. It would be good to see this feature in the planner where we can plot ideas, and then fully draft them out later.

Virginia

Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results

Pros

As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting (i.e. picture, video, content). Overall, what many believe will only take them 10 minutes, in reality it can take up 2-5 (or more) hours of your work week; even more when you include the content creation for the actual posting. Hootsuite is the best tool for compiling all your social media efforts into one dashboard you can work from and will definitely knock hours off your work week. PROS The best feature of Hootsuite is the time you will gain. Most social media platforms have a scheduling aspect to them but having to manually log in and out of each one, to do so, is not feasible or conducive for speed. Hootsuite provides you with analytics on each of your chosen platforms, located in its dashboard, to help you identify the most optimal time(s) to schedule each post to be sent out; this especially comes in handy for days you know you will be on the go and/or do not have access to technology. You can also scroll through past social media posts, save unfinished drafts, and boost posts for content promos; which will provide you with more insight and/or a better understanding of which of your efforts and/or CTA’s are working best. Hootsuite’s platform has various analytics and reports you can export so your team(s) can measure things like conversion rates, marketing and sales initiatives, and improvements in monthly social capital. One of the neat things about this platform is the option to purchase additional social media management applications for things like YouTube Analytics and video posting, Wordpress blog analytics and posting, Google Analytics, etc. Hootsuite also provides the option to export reports (including customized reports) on any of the platforms connected to your account, to measure competition, areas of improvement, click stats, and which platform is bringing in the largest amount of traffic to your website/content, etc. Because the company I work for uses another third-party application (Lead Liaison) to track visitors and traffic sources to our website, we use the free version of Hootsuite.

Cons

One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison). You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

Abigail

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reliable and easy social media manager

Hootsuite and Buffer are my go to social media, despite the several other SM Managers that I've tried out. I work with 5 brands and I have to manage their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) I've been using Hootsuite (and Buffer) for three years but of the two Hootsuite is my favorite and my safe bet. I have a habit of testing out as many free marketing software's as I can find and in terms of social media marketing Hootsuite is the best. The interface is easy to use, and the tutorial available to each new signup is very helpful. I love being able to tag a Facebook page, Twitter profile or Instagram profile in a post. The android app is also fully functional on my Kindle Fire (Unlike Buffer) which is a plus. The Feedly> Hootsuite integration is a major plus, I've never used the Hootsuite RSS feed option even though I keep planning to, but I like being able to share informative posts from feedly (On my Kindle Fire) to Hootsuite. What I love the best is that the free plan unlike buffer lets you schedule as many posts as you want to 3 social media profiles. This is great because I can schedule a month worth of social media posts in three days unlike the 10 posts per profile restriction on the Buffer's free plan. The analytics reports aren't very detailed and often I rely on Start a Fire as well as a variety of other software's to get in-depth analytics but the brands I work with do not understand or see the need for in-depth analysis so I suppose it's okay. I'm not happy that Hootsuite doesn't support posts with multiple images, I learnt that the awkward way when I made a post with 3 pictures. I recommend Hootsuite for beginners and Individuals who want a simple, straight forward social media manager. Oh, and the Hootsuite academy is very insightful.

Pros

It is one of the simplest Social media managers in the market, the freeplan is great because it provides essential features for beginners and experts at no cost. I also like the mini tutorial for new users, at the right side of the dashboard. I personally use Tweetdeck for social listening on Twitter but Hootsuite is also great for that.

Cons

I dont like the fact that if i want to schedule a post with multiple images i'll have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for twitter.

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,753 reviews