What are Hootsuite users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Hootsuite software through verified user reviews

2,776 Reviews

1,398
1,020

• icon"I absolutely love this program and I personally use it to maintain my social media presence. It is awesome to set a schedule of posting and you can share with a team if you need to."
  • icon"The UI is good, Seeing all your social media status and replying to the comments you received on one platform is an amazing feature this is the reason I still use this."
  • icon"I appreciate Hootsuite's commitment to supporting nonprofits in offering discounts that make it affordable for us to use with our team."
  • icon"It doesn't have many features that aren't included in a given social media platform's native scheduling app, and in many cases it's actively worse due to a lack of proper licensure."
  • icon"I don't like when you are switching back and forth from planner to content you loose your spot in the planner and have to search for the day you were on."

Browse all Hootsuite Reviews

• Have you used Hootsuite and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 2,776 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,776 reviews

Maria

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great help keeping up with social media content publishing

Charity

Impressive free plan

Overall, I'm satisfied with Hootsuite and will continue to use this platform to manage my social media accounts. With the ability to schedule up to 30 posts on the free plan, including scheduling Instagram posts, and viewing different social media accounts all on one dashboard, it beats other social media management platforms that require plan upgrades to access similar features.

Pros

As someone who uses Hootsuite's "Free" plan, I'm incredibly impressed by what Hootsuite offers in the plan. My favorite tool on Hootsuite is the "Streams." I can sort scheduled posts, past posts, mentions, and followers' posts by social media platform using "Streams" on my dashboard. This allows me to see responses or comments on my posts and engage with followers, without having to visit several social media sites. With the free version, I can also schedule more posts on social media than other social media management programs, and the free plan allows me to schedule posts on my business Instagram account.

Cons

"Free plan" users who are needing advanced features beyond basic analytics will need to upgrade and if they shorten links using TinyUrl or Bitly, there isn't a meaningful way to track engagement in the program. Also, users need to be aware that the connections between Hootsuite and social media networks frequently drop, and that the program's connection with Instagram is frequently buggy.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

I made the switch from Buffer because Buffer's free plan only allowed me to schedule 10 posts at a time.

Salvatore

Almost perfect!

Overall, my experience with Hootsuite has been very positive. Scheduling posts across multiple platforms simultaneously works flawlessly, and it is easy to give multiple team members access under the business account. My only negative is the lack of alt text, which limits the usability for my organization.

Pros

I love Hootsuite's feed view, which allows me to see the social media feed for all of my organization's accounts in one place. The previews are effective and true to each social media platform. the scheduling features work very well, and it is easy to post simultaneously across various platforms. Having multiple team members schedule social media posts work flawlessly, and various types of media all post seamlessly.

Cons

As a public organization, we are required to include alternate text for all images posted to be in compliance with laws for accessibility. I have contacted customer support, and though they were very friendly and helpful, we were unfortunately unable to work it out, as it seemed alt text is not currently supported by all platforms.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Many of our uses are not savvy with technology and social media. The ease of using Hootsuite was our primary motivation.

Vignesh

Hootsuite's multi platform integration is the best one

I have been able to save time as the content gets posted across multiple channels at once instead of manually uploading it at each place.

Pros

Access to integrate many platforms together and save time.

Cons

Few bugs which I have reported (like a buggy UI). The next thing was its limitations on the number of accounts.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Because of the brand and its reputation.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Much better functionalities. The prices were also better with this one. Better product.

Stephanie

Industry: Machinery

Hootsuite

Pros

There is a lot of functionality to choose from and plenty of platforms available.

Cons

It is very difficult to figure out how to use the functions that come with this software.

Brie

Mediocre at best

Where is the competition in the social media management software space? There has to be a better option than this?

Pros

I run a modeling and acting agency and I was posting between SC, IG, FB, Twitter and YT on a daily basis. Making it very hard to be away from my phone and risk missing prime posting opportunities and viral trends. I was looking for something that would schedule pre-selected posts, videos, pictures and adds. The best option online seemed to be Hootsuite. It was well marketed and seemed very user-friendly... at first. It does indeed schedule your posts to various social media platforms, and it also allows for multiple streams of social media (i.e other business or personal accounts). That's a very handy feature!

Cons

The user interface is weak, it's not user-friendly nor is it practical or modern looking. It has a tendency to leg, it also isn't mobile friendly, they do have an app, but again it's not easy to navigate. Which is an absolute must when working on social media on the fly. When I created beautiful well-round posts and saved them to a posting schedule. I would check the posts after they had been released, via the online social media site, the posts would always turn out unformatted, with broken links and fuzzy low res images. I was overall very disappointed with this product. especially because it was so highly rated and not free. I felt like I kept putting in a lot of effort just to re-do all my work all the time.

Anji

December 2021

Great social sharing features at a reasonable price.

We love Hootsuite for its ability to create and share content across multiple social channels from the one dashboard. We've looked at other software but Hootsuite seems to be the most cost-effective for SMEs. Before we downsized we had several users and it was easy to assign tasks to users, as well as assign roles to team members who could curate content before publishing. It's also great for social listening, with the ability to assign keywords to be notified about when they are mentioned across social channels. Great for competitor analysis.

Pros

As an agency, we primarily use the software for the ability to automate social media posts for multiple companies, and to publish the posts on dates in the future, across multiple social channels.

Cons

Recent upgrades have meant that it is not possible to see previews of social posts, when you select multiple social channels to post to. Especially when you have a link to an external web page.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

We looked at Falcon.io but it was just too cost-prohibitive for us as a small team with one or two users.

Elizabeth

Great switch to program

Pros

How much easier it was to post to multiple social media platforms and to switch from campaign to campaign. As a designer, who typically doesn't have to schedule the posts for our form, this was easy to use and figure out.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software so far.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

We had multiple issues with Buffer kicking us off platforms for some our our campaigns but it would stay connected on other platforms. It became difficult to manage posts properly that way.

Joanmarie

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Almost Perfect!

Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

I went with their free version to save money while I showed my potential to the school district and laid out plans for their social media management.

Andy

Evolved marketing

As entrepreneurs we use the tool in its free version. Only for a short period of time we have used the paid version and it was not useful to us because we give it a more superficial use. It has many functionalities and features, but they can only be useful if someone specialized in community management or social media manages it. The free version allows you to manage up to three social networks at the same time, which is very good for being free.

Pros

It is a super powerful and complete tool to solve almost all aspects of the management of social networks and their content, as well as campaigns and their results (with very good analytical tools). What makes this software so good is that it is also useful for beginners who manage their social networks with minimal marketing concepts, with simple tools.

Cons

There are few things to criticize Hootsuite, but one of them is the complexity of its use for those who do not have so much knowledge, of course, due to the great variety of tools, it has an interface that allows quick learning, but for those who do not know much, it does not invites you to want to know more. Another negative point is the price, since it should be a little lower for basic and intermediate plans (although they have a very useful free plan!)

Jillian

A Necessity for Any Social Media Professional

Terrific experience and will continue using Hootsuite on a regular basis for work. Would highly recommend!

Pros

The best part of Hootsuite is the affordable price for the features that you get. I like how easy it is to use and you can publish to many social sites with the click of a button. It automatically connects to all your social media platforms and you can monitor post performance and engagement.

Cons

I did not like how pricey the custom URL shorteners are. In addition, sometimes the previews do not show up when trying to post on Facebook - some trial and error is necessary.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

TweetDeck has fewer options as Hootsuite and other people from my team recommended it.

Lin

Hootsuite

Pros

What I like most about Hootsuite is that it streamlines my work. I am able to connect all my social media into one place. It allows me to post and schedule content, plus it allows me to track hashtags, keywords, mentions and conversations that are relevant to my brand.

Cons

At times the scheduling does not work, you find that posts don't get posted at the scheduled time. The interface can be confusing at first. Having so many social networks and profiles appearing in the interface can get confusing.

Great app, keeps evolving, leaving their “free tier” in the dust.

Great experience, but my old account was much better than the newer accounts.

Pros

Great to be able to post to multiple social media channels from one place. They have a good newsfeed, and analytics.

Cons

They used to have a good free tier but as they’ve become larger and more enterprise they’ve left them with a neutered plan. They still allow for 2 social channels which is better than zero.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

I didn’t switch, I still use the other apps. Hootsuite is integrated with more products though, so it comes in handy as a tool when needing to auto post from some tools.

I am so thankful for Hootsuite.

It made marketing multiple clients so much easier and allowed us to add more clients and not have to stay on computer all day and night.

Pros

Being able to work ahead of time and post on multiple social media sites has been the best thing to come around for anyone who markets a client

Cons

Anytime I had an issue and wanted to change things it would be changed. My biggest issues was Hootsuite being disconnected from some accounts and not post on time. That got better over the years.

Great for social media!

It's easy to use and adapt, and it has great features for small business social media posting. It's not very expensive, and it's a great basic tool.

Pros

I liked the calendar function so I could see what was coming up to post about. I also liked how it would emphasize hashtags, and do spell check for me. It was also easy to get other users on to check the posts before publishing.

Cons

The big one was not being able to post directly to Instagram. As we posted on IG about 15 times a week, that made it a bit annoying to have to do separately.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

It was cheaper and we didn't need all the Sprout Social features.

December 2021

Organize your company's social media presence

Pros

Scheduling of posts can be done individually or in bulk, can view scheduled posts on a calendar or in list view, can easily post from multiple social accounts (my company has 8 different FB/TW accounts that I am able to seamlessly post to)

Cons

Tagging FB handles in the bulk composer does not work - you have to add them in manually after uploading the file, there is a limit to the number of social accounts you can have associated with each membership level so be prepared to factor that in to your budget

December 2021

One of the best social media scheduling tools

Great for managing multiple social media channels.

Pros

Hootsuite is a powerful tool that allows you to effectively address the issue of account integration in almost all social networks. Hootsuite allows creating a bulk posting schedule, which means that you can upload a CSV file of the desired posts to the service's servers. This feature will save you from having to manually send each individual post day after day. Another unique feature that this service owes its popularity to is the App Directory. This is an app directory where you can add additional social media and marketing tools.

Cons

I've noticed a decrease in the quality of content on some platforms when cross-posting with Hootsuite. I also found that analytical reports are not always 100% accurate. Besides, this platform lacks LinkedIn support.

maria

Hootsuite for dance

I've used it a few times but then decided to go with Buffer and Later as for me they were easier to navigate and you could do more before they start charging

Pros

We needed an app to post social media posts and Hootsuite came recommended. I downloaded the app but have only used it once or twice as it doesn't seem very intuitive

Cons

Its tricky to add account plus it only allows you to add 2 social networks before it starts charging you. I found an alternative which works much better for me.

I tried Hootsuite but have now gone back to Buffer

Raquel

Cheap and easy to use but not comprehensive

Pros

They had great pricing for nonprofit use, it is intuitive, and it has good customer support.

Cons

Was unable to integrate all social media platforms into a single scheduled post, which is what we were looking for. We found this ability to be most efficient, and without this, we didn’t move past the free trial. We also were not satisfied with the engagement analytics provided.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Free trial and good customer service, though we ultimately went with Sprout.

Ben

Getting Better with Time

Overall, Hootsuite provides a single place to monitor multiple social media platforms, create branded and consistent marketing campaigns, schedule content in advance with easy oversight, and get insights into content performance.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great way to set up a multi channel dashboard to have greater oversight of your social media channels. I appreciate that it covers all the major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Cons

At this point in time, users can't directly publish content to the Facebook and Instagram stories, which are major marketing tools. Where as you can pre schedule traditional posts, it's not an option for stories.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Hootsuite seemed to combine all our organizational needs as it pertains to platform management, content scheduling, and analytics in a way that was easier to use than the alternatives.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

As a professional, I liked the look and interface of Hootsuite better than CoSchedule. I thought it was easier to use and had better control over multiple tools.

Thomas

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

Cons

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.

Randi

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Pros

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Reasons for choosing Hootsuite

I've been using Hootsuite since your birth so it's more like a comfort level with you versus others.

Meisha

Sufficient Free Tool for Social Media Scheduling

Hootsuite is a great free tool for beginners and small social media teams! It's easy to use and has just about all of the basics you could need to start scheduling and managing social.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great free solution for basic social media management. I enjoy the dashboard customizations, where you can pull in different channels and features (ex: posts, timelines, mentions, etc.) all in one easy-to-manage interface. It also makes social listening easy versus having to log in and manage notifications manually on each individual platform. In general, Hootsuite is easy to learn given some experience with other SaaS platforms. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. And, they offer a ton of free resources to help you get up to speed with the platform and social media management in general, which is nice. With the free version, you can manage three social profiles. This is great for personal use or for managing in-house social, but not ideal for agencies or managing multiple clients/accounts. Surprisingly, however, you can schedule as many posts as you want within those three profiles, which is great for advanced planning.

Cons

The integrations and features/functionality could be better. I personally prefer to use HootSuite to schedule tweets and prefer to schedule other content for Facebook and LinkedIn within the actual platforms. It's fine to use HootSuite in a pinch, but you are able to do a lot more customizations within the individual platforms. Kind of a pain to do it separate/manually, but you get a better post/product in return. For example, you often can't add multiple images to a post or do a carousel-style post as you could directly within Facebook. Like most SaaS products that have a free version, there are limitations. For anything more than managing in-house or personal social, you'd likely need to invest in one of the paid plans and really compare what's offered in HootSuite vs some of the other more enterprise solutions. The reporting is also fairly limited and you'll likely have to work within the platforms directly or use other tools to get a full picture of social media performance.

Love this social tool!

I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Cons

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Harry

Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more LinkedIn features

It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics. There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it. We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Pros

Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful. As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most. Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Cons

It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway). It would be good to see similar monitoring streams for Hashtag conversations because this feature is applicable in LinkedIn as well as Twitter. The Publisher also feels like it's just missing something and I think it's the ability to 'plot' in posts rather than drafting out complete posts. For example when we're planning what activity we want to launch, we might not know what the full post is going to look like, but we might just want to plot in ideas which at the moment we have to do on a spreadsheet and then translate over to the Hootsuite publisher. It would be good to see this feature in the planner where we can plot ideas, and then fully draft them out later.

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,776 reviews