PlanPlus Online

PlanPlus Online Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"One thing I really like is how user friendly the interface is. There are multiple navigation paths to get things done."
  • icon"The calendar is pretty good. That’s about it unfortunately."
  • icon"Helps keep me organized an on task. I like the ability to plan for the long term."
  • icon"The website is very difficult to operate on a touch device."
  • icon"It's just awful when it comes to syncing with, well, anything: Outlook, iPhone, Google."
  • icon"There are rapid changes in technology and it's hard to keep up with little glitches."

Have you used PlanPlus Online and would like to share your experience with others?

All PlanPlus Online Reviews

Tommy

August 2011

As a contact management software, Plan Plus Online has enabled our management staff to collect, organize, and safely store all of our client’s and/or business associate’s contact information in one convenient database. As our contact list continually builds, all of our past clients/contacts are easily accessed and all past e-mails, conversations, appointments and follow ups are detailed and attached. This function has enabled our staff to greatly improve our client/customer relationships by addressing each contact based on their specific wants and needs. By organizing our database into contact groups, we are able to send out automated email campaigns designated for each specific group of clients and/or contacts. The software application also enables us to create customizable charts and graphs that provide us with an overview of our company’s, planning, progress and achievements. In addition to the software’s contact management capabilities, Plan Plus Online was the only software platform that enabled us to easily create internal sales and marketing processes that are specific to our business activities. This feature has provided us with the proper tools to schedule, delegate, and track all of our internal staff’s interaction with clients as well as their day to day activities such as appointments, meetings, emails, phone calls, etc. Plan Plus Online’s e web-hosted access feature has proven to be extremely productive and convenient. Our administrative staff is able access their accounts from home, on vacation, or from any other computer with web access. Plan Plus Online was superb in providing help and support to our administrative staff during the initial stages of implementing the software, and they continue to promptly assist when questions arise. Their support team provides feedback in a variety of methods including conference calls, web-based meetings, e-mail correspondence, and scheduled training meetings with our staff. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is serious about establishing a management software system into their current business model. Plan Plus Online has provided us with the tools to increase productivity, improve customer satisfaction, safely store vital contact information, and better organize our internal approach to managing our business.

Anthony

Plan Plus Delivers Value

I first started using Plan Plus years ago when you would load the software with a 3.5" floppy onto your desktop. This has certainly changed. the company is committed to customer support. Rep. who is the Director of Business Development, reviewed my profile and made sure I had all of the options to increase my productivity. This was good to touch base and get updated.

Pros

This is a super simple web based online CRM that I started using two years ago. I use the calendar function and project management functions the most. The fact that I can check and update my schedule on my smart phone is important. One thing I really like is how user friendly the interface is. There are multiple navigation paths to get things done.

Cons

I would like to edit the calendar entries and labels more easily. I would like to make some notifications audible and others just visual.

Nilesh

1.5

1.5

August 2014

Stone Age implementation and no upgrades.

Pros

The application is excellent for planning. The web layout is planned very well for the Covey Time Management Paradigm.

Cons

The application has not been updated for ages. I have subscribed twice to this software. Once was back in 2011, and I have subscribed again recently. The functionality has not changed at all over three years. The biggest pain point is that the software is unusable if you are not using it on a computer screen. I am in sales and hence constantly on the move. I prefer my appointments and tasks to be reflected on my phone calendar. Once you have created your schedule on the application, it is almost impossible to show up properly on your phone or tablet. There is no native app that pushes notifications or events on your phone. The web layout could do with several improvements. 1. The layout could be simplified and made aesthetically functional. There is too much information in a single view and compressed into a very small window. Also, it is so rigid that is not very user-friendly with a laptop trackpad. 2. Logging into the website is very outdated. For individual, personal users, they could use Facebook or Google verification to simplify access. Also, sometimes, the website blocks access for 15 minutes due to session conflicts. 3. The website is very difficult to operate on a touch device.

Long Time User of the Plan Plus

My experience has been life changing

Pros

I used the Paper organizer for many years but around ten years ago i switched to the digital software and it has been working for me greatly. The combination of the Plan Plus online and the app for my iPad and phone work together. I have been using the Seven Habit planner for over twenty seven years and i cannot live without it has truly become a habit and a way of life for me - I highly recommend it to other, the connecting factors of mission, role, goal and organizing capabilities are invaluable. I have record of what I did twenty five years ago on a given week and day.

Cons

Not too much, the system has evolved with time and has stayed relevant.

Marni

It's okay, needs help.

I am an independent designer. I was looking for something to help me stay on task and manage my projects easier. I have used Franklin Covey products for many years. I miss the version that synced really well with Outlook and resided on my system as opposed to the cloud. The cloud version, in anything, has its positive points. Such as syncing with Outlook and Google calendar. But finding the hierarchy so as not to get a 'loop' is problematic, also using a phone, computer and tablet to sync. It took a few months to get these things working. I think I need more education or a different model/version to truly satisfy my needs. I suspect this version is set up for sales/marketing forces, not designers. I'm not sure I want to pay for 'another' software. Overall I've determined to go back to using my paper planner and the online to support that format. I was way more organized previously.

Pros

Prioritizing my schedule and within each project.

Cons

Want to be able to print in 'classic' size so as to archive in my binder. Especially for itemized taxes and a single proprietor, this is still important.

Robert

Best I've found and I've looked a lot!

I could open a business advising people on CRMs because I think I've tried the vast majority of them. All had their strengths and weakness with regards to features. Some were great at email, others at tasks, some with project management, etc... But with all of them, I needed to use other programs to manage what they didn't include. So far with Plan Plus, it contains just about everything I want from CRM, email, marketing, PM and opportunity management and with the Franklin model, managing ME!

Pros

Feature rich, great support.

Cons

The UI really needs a major overhaul.

Nicole

Very Helpful

We have been looking to find a CRM that would meet all of our needs. In making this decision the person I spoke to was very knowledgeable and honest about what would work and the options I was looking at the ones that wouldn't. He was very receptive on any questions that I had and helping me find the answers that I needed.

Pros

the customizing capabilities of the software. the training that was available.

Cons

there were very few items that we did not like

Ivy

September 2016

Keeps me organized

Pros

Ease of use, organization in one page. Efficient and effective for daily use. Accessible anywhere anytime.

Cons

Mobile is challenging at times. Customer support is quick and responsive when I encountered issues.

Kaye

August 2014

A satisfied customer in the learning curve.

Pros

I like their quick response to our questions, and how they correct any problems we have. When I miss a procedure or don't understand the procedures, my rep walks me through the process so I have a better understanding and follows up with me to be sure I have been having success.

Cons

I think it is a great product. I used the Franklin Covey planner for years, so this is a very comfortable process for me.

Shannon

October 2014

Great CRM software to get things done!

Pros

The people are friendly to work with. They help set up the account efficiently, and if you ever have a question, their support is ready to help you. The product helps me organize all the different things I have going on in my life.

Cons

I wish the layout could have some updates, as some of the terms are slightly confusing, but you have to be willing to learn to use the software.

Lisa

So many options - but I found the best results

I have spent the last 2 months looking at different apps and online planning tools that could be used for my business. There are so many options, but my challenge was always the same, I want to find an app I can use as well as on online source, that is user-friendly. Although I am very computer literate, I wanted something that didn't take a lot of work to understand. After doing many 30 day free trials, this product was my choice.

Pros

Able to use and easily sync on my iPhone or IPad and use my computer as well. I am able to use this for my business, work, school, volunteer activities and anything else and it can be easily separated.

Bryan

Best service experience by tech company ever. My new account person is a star. Very helpful , explained things in terms I understood and accommodated my schedule.fantastic service!

PlanPlus offers a great product and outstanding service. Well Done!

Pros

PlanPlus is based on Covey 7 Habits, and 4 Disciples of Execution which is the Gold standard. PlanPlus transitions me from Paper to mobile and saves me time in planning each week. I finally found my Knowledge Age planner! The service and mentoring are outstanding. My new account person was amazing in getting me up to speed and went out of his way to work with my schedule, I have never experienced this type of service from an online product.

Allen

Horrible Program

I bought PlanPlus for Microsoft Outlook many years ago and loved it. Then they rewrote the program and filled it with bugs. After submitting numerous bug reports and never seeing any improvement, I finally had to uninstall it. I have been looking for an alternative for many years now and finally decided to give PlanPlus Online a try in the hopes that I could get the old functionality and that the new software would be relatively bug-free. Boy was I wrong! The new software is horrible. It totally messed up my calendar and I have spent the last two hours hopefully getting it straightened out again. I will never install another piece of FranklinCovey software on my computer again. It is a shame because the concept is great. Unfortunately, the implementation is terrible.

Pros

I like the Franklin Covey planning approach, but the program is too buggy to use. It started going downhill several years ago.

Cons

TOTALLY messed up my calendar - duplicated appointments, shifted appointments in time. Cost me huge amounts of wasted time working to get things back to where they should be.

Shawn

Industry: Philanthropy

Disappointment

The app is very inclusive and does not play well with others. They charge you for use but to make it work with anything but their system it keeps getting more expensive. Then you finally get it set up and they say you have to break HIPPA guidelines to make it work with your system. Or that a pop up window of an error is a known issue and will always occur and they just say you have to go with it. There was no way I was taking this software with those type of gaps to my VP and say let's spend more money on this. Not work the effort at all!

Pros

The franklin covey time management system, always a plus. The philosophy is carried out in the software.

Cons

Does not work well at all with outlook, despite promotions, no functionality of app.You can't use outlook like they say. You can not sync with other systems unless you want to violate laws to make your company database accessible to their servers.

Sometimes great.

We really liked the idea of this app, but the few features that worked didn’t make it worth keeping. I hope they fix the issues, as it has the potential to be amazing, but as of now, it’s just not worth the hassle.

Pros

PlanPlus is sometimes a great management app. We have connected it with our website and it runs flawlessly in that aspect. It’s also very handy to have everything available online, especially if we need to use it but don’t have access to a computer.

Cons

It can be VERY buggy. We’ve had it freeze a few times, and it just doesn’t seem up to Franklin Covey standards. We had issues with it integrating with Outlook, which was a big reason for us getting it. If they fix it, we might think about going back, but as of now, we’ve stopped using it.

Rodney

Be ware of their customer service

Terrible their customer service sucks it’s like no one is at their company. They are using a temp agency as the secretary and all they do is take your name and number. They tell you someone will call back and they you never hear from anyone. I tried to reach this virtual company at least 20 or more times and they won’t contact you back. If customer service is a big thing for you find don’t bother using this company.

Pros

Software has a lot of flaws to be worked out

Cons

I couldnt get my data to save in the calendar

Reasons for choosing PlanPlus Online

Franklin Covey I couldn’t find a online version of his planner this was the closest I could come to an online version

Bradford