• Pros

• "Efficiency to knock phone calls and emails. Very user friendly and easy to set up plays and email templates. The prerecorded voicemails is an amazing feature!"

• "it made it very simple to make a lot of dials and add notes to salesforce. After we ironed out the kinks it worked well."

• "It gives me a clear picture of what I need to get done each day with repeatable results. They have continued to update it's functionality to make it better."

• Cons

• "Can be slightly buggy at times. This issue has almost resolved itself since our initial instal in early 2017. "

• "this is a good software if your sales volumes are high and heavily dependent upon telemarketing, else you would be investing a lot of money and time in a software that performs mediocre at best."

• "While InsideSales.com is a fantastic tool, it requires integration with a well known CRM which is costly and frustrating to be honest with all the other fantastic, but smaller CRM companies available."

Browse Playbooks Reviews

Super fantastico pipeline management tool

Pros

InsideSales.com is one of my favorite tools to use to manage our sales pipeline with all the features you need to manage, track, follow up, and contact leads. Plus they have a gamification feature for sales teams!

InsideSales.com Review

Overall, if you have Microsoft Dynamics CRM and looking for a sales automation tool that will help your sales team, from the call to the email, InsideSales.com is your tool. The tool will help automate the sales prospecting process and help the sales team target specific leads, contacts and accounts.

Pros

- Integration with MS Outlook - Out of the box and no extra cost integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Short implementation - Short ramp time - Ability to delete a play at the Manager view

Cons

- Once a play is live, you cannot add a step in the active play - Inability to see the open or click percentage in the tool - Cannot do round robin call monitoring - Once a play is deleted in the tool, the play is still visible in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM dashboard

Reasons for Choosing Playbooks

Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, with no extra cost and out of the box

Mihai from OneBrand

Good if it works, terrible if it doesn't

One of the support rep was terrible. I gave him a month and a half - two months to resolve our issues with me having to consistently call back, but for some reason, he's never available or knows how to call back. I've asked for a new support rep, but they said the team handling our type of account is small and haven't attempted to give me a new rep or resolve our issues. Additionally, a manager was supposed to reach out to me over the last 4 business days, but I haven't received a single call or email. Do not allow your workflow to rely on their services because you will most likely get screwed. We have almost 20 users and that's amazing that they handle our account this way. Will definitely be looking for other Dialer and Inside Sales tools.

Pros

I liked that it was easy to use and train users.

Cons

Recorded voicemails was a little problematic with setting up, the dialer has intermittent click-to-dial issues 3-8 times a week, and the seek lists aren't working properly. We've had this service for several years and within the last year and a half, these problems have been persisting without any level of resolution. I've combated this issue with support more persistently over the last few months and they've been providing terrible follow-up. I could go on in paragraphs to describe how terribly they've been handling our issues over the last year+.

Help our reps be more productive and hit their activity metrics

Pros

Helps our reps focus on calling rather than on figuring out where they are in their cadence. This has enabled them to do more calls per day.

Cons

It's a little slow sometimes although has gotten materially better over the past 1.5 years. Wish they had more more built in management/sales ops reporting.

Great for Automation of Phone Calls

Pros

I really like being able to make a number look like it's coming from a local area code. That alone increased my pickup rate. It increased my dialing rate significantly by being able to one click dial and integrate into my SFDC instance.

Cons

Leveraging the email templates was not intuitive to me. Ended up not using it because I had difficulty determining how to use it. Probably just needed someone to take 30 minutes to walk through it with me.

Valerie from Cloudsquare

I was formerly an InsideSales LMP administrator and user

Their dialer functionality was intelligent and allowed us to responsepop records to our agents. The responsepop functionality allowed any web-to-lead records to pop up to our sales agents and be called immediately. We liked having the ability to customize this to our unique needs.

Pros

Honestly, there was not much I liked about this software other than its dialer solution. The dialer allowed for us to insert our logic of which records we wanted to reach and when. For example, prioritizing by Time Zone, Lead Status, and so on. The users on the platform itself were able to easily onboard as it is not too hard to navigate.

Cons

The support line was horrible for this company, more often than not, my operations team and I seemed to come up with the answers before the support rep working with us did! We felt we knew their product better than they did. Reporting was not robust enough, and we had to do a lot of work arounds and "tricking the system" when creating automations. Often any automation we created for this system did not work as expected. We eventually moved over onto Salesforce, which was a better fit for our business. InsideSales did not fit our growing Sales organization's needs sufficiently.

I've used insidesales at 2 companies for outbound dialing through Salesforce

Pros

When it works, insidesales makes it very easy to hammer through a ton of dials while also automating the process of logging call activities and updating tasks

Cons

The problem is that it only works 75% of the time. I often have calls not save, notes disappear on calls, and tasks that don't update or save when done through the insidesales plugin. Customer support has never once responded to me for issues I had with their Vision product which is also horrible (works 25% of the time if that)

Daniel from Bibby Financial Services

Over Hyped Over Promised - Completely irrelevant

It has been able to organize lead data for the team so they don't have to manually track anything but that's about it. Not a customer centric organization.

Pros

The interface is fairly simplistic and easy to use

Cons

It doesn't work consistently, has to be removed and reinstalled. Does not allow for lead prioritization and the "Neuralytics" they tout so heavily is a load of crap. Power BI can give you the same data insights and do it far better than anything they offer. I still can't see the neuralytics data from a dashboard as they claimed we could do. It's as useful as a screen door on a submarine and they talk a lot about being helpful and caring but they don't. It's all fluff and they only develop and improve whatever their programmers are most interested in.

used as power dialer as salesforce add on

Pros

Cons

we had a lot of issues with the inboud phone queue with this software. it seemed like it took forever to iron out the kinks.

Great Tool! Reallu like it.

Pros

It helps keep me on task. I have over 1600 accounts that I call into. I need to have a devise that will set reminders and give me a easy vehicle to make calls and send emails.

Cons

Not be able to send out mass emails for things like webinars, etc. We have a lot of webinars that we try to get customers to sign up for. Mass emailing and then following up would be helpful.

Kyle from Ellucian

Great for pointed/targeted campaigns!

Pros

I enjoyed how quickly this organization added features to their Playbooks product. They make it easy to reach out with suggestions of how they can do better. Mostly, it has its strength in a "set it and forget it" campaign with highly targeted contacts. A group over 50 per campaign will bog down the process but it's great for knowing what to tackle during your day.

Cons

It can be very difficult to manage your campaigns but they have been working to fix this by enabling pauses of plays or contacts within a campaign. A few times we have had difficulties with Playbooks bogging down Google Chrome and causing it to crash, but those issues have been fixed.

Efficient and productive.

Inside Sales have provided up the tools to be boost our work productivity as team and on an individual basis! The prerecorded voicemail feature, has saved time and boosted work productivity!

Pros

Cons

I would like to have the ability to run a alert,notification report from Microsoft Dynamics. I do like that we are provide alarms when individuals have email activity. However, when you are in the zone making phones, checking alerts can take away from your stride.

Bita from Ellucian

Wonderful updates since last year. Convenient features.

Pros

The ability to communicate in many ways, change the pace, set automatic commands, and integrate with a CRM tool. Another pro worth mentioning is how responsive the Insidesales.com team has been with creating features that customers requested. We asked and they delivered.

Cons

There are two cons: One is that it slows down the window (Chrome) in which it's running on (may happen with other add-ons too). Sometimes when there is a glitch, for example - one play is stuck on the previous screen, it doesn't go away with refreshing the page and force you to turn the plug off and on.

Matt from Nielsen

Our inside sales team has increased touch points with prospects over 50%

Increased touchpoints by over 50%. Which translated into additional pipeline.

Pros

The ability to design plays that suite the needs of current campaigns. Setting up the auto emails and reminders to pick up the phone make it easier to turn basic conversations into real pipeline. IS.com keeps the conversation going.

Dominic from Ellucian

Fast, easy to learn tool.

Pros

It integrates with salesforce, which I use as well as InsideSales.Com on daily basis. It can be easily added to Chrome as an extension and is easily accessible.

Cons

It may tend slow down your browser which can be frustrating at times. Potentially a way to formulate lists and arrange for auto-calling as well as

Ryan from Ellucian

This has changed the way I do my job for the better.

Pros

Cons

I have experienced some issues with call recordings and lagging times with it taking time to reload before each activity.

used as a calling software

good for automated intelligent telesales, allows for segmentation and predictive modeling.

Pros

the dialer software plug-in integrated well with our crm and that was a very good addition, we were able to build custom lists based on our target market and customer profile automatically, even the dialing was fairly automated. We also tried using insidersales for adding intelligence and enrichment into our existing account base. that was okay but nothing great.

Reasons for Switching to Playbooks

got a much better price

Failed to provide basic level of functionality for my SDR team for 3 months straight

none. They've made me and all call automation softwares look bad to my company

Cons

I am pursuing this early termination because we have not had any of our issues resolved in the past 3 months. I have seen how effective inside sales can be because we had it working for a full month before signing the contract. I am willing to work through a price reduction but only if we can achieve that same level of efficacy in your product. However, this is a high bar for inside sales now because my entire team has lost faith in your product. Inside sales has failed to provide a basic level of service to us as a customer.

Response from InsideSales.com

Replied February 2018

I apologize you've had a poor experience with InsideSales.com, I know this is not typical for us and I believe we can make this right for you and your organization. I would be happy to set up a time for you to talk with our SVP of Customer Success about your concerns. You can reach me directly: Ryan Breneman rbreneman@insidesales.com 208.760.0706

Sage from Choice Medical Healthcare

Industry: Medical Devices

great for sales

Pros

We use this for selling medical devices and it is so handy when you might not have caught something when on the phone call. It also makes it super easy to play calls back and listen for QA.

Cons

The lag time it takes for the call's to appear, although I don't think that is the company's fault.

Great tool for our small team, highly efficient.

Pros

Playbooks, the InsideSales tool that we use, works seamlessly with our CRM and lets us manage both our inbound lead cadence and our outbound strategy.

Cons

It's difficult to manage and migrate leads from team members who leave, and the enrollment options could use some more visibility.

Kristopher from True Rest Float Spa

Rocket your Sales with InsideSales.com

I love InsideSales.com platform. I recommend it to anyone trying to rocket their sales!

Pros

I love that our sales team can increase sales using the InsideSales.com platform.

Cons

I didn't like how long it took for them to fix a bug and it freaked out our sales team.

Christopher from Marketopia

A great power dialer

Overall, very positive and useful software.

Pros

Great integration with Salesforce, allowing one to make numerous calls with ease and speed.

Cons

The occasional downtimes were hard to resolved, and the support team needs improvement.

Streamline Prospecting

Pros

Ability to stay on top of prospects and easily identify who to target and when, with relevant information. The tool allows me to efficiently reach my prospective customers.

Cons

With the chrome plugin, there are often issues with the functionality that can be frustrating. Sometimes its a Chrome issue, sometimes its an SFDC issue, sometimes its an ISDC issue. In my role I have metrics to hit using ISDC, and when i'm unable to do that because of functionality problems it is frustrating.

Colten from Grow.com

It's a platform focused on predictive analytics that doesn't work as intended

Pros

The playbooks feature is really cool and a great idea, when it works. It makes it easy to stay on task and be efficient

Cons

The onboarding and implementation aren't great. There always seems to be issues, and it took much longer than I anticipated.

Layne from Reading Horizons

Industry: Publishing

Overall a good program, some features still under development

Helped the team develop consistent messaging and process.

Pros

The best thing about the software is that it takes most of the guesswork out of a rep's day-to-day. It allows a team to be consistent as well as persistent.

Cons

It's easy to build up a backlog of tasks, and sometimes lacks flexibility in being able to adjust your daily routine. The chrome extension also seems to have some issues that affect the performance of your browser, I've had to remove and reinstall many times.

Greg from My Computer Career

Insidesales down cannot get support!

Pros

Until now it was working, now we are down and no one is helping us.

Cons

We are down completely, can't get support or anyone on the phone to help us when it is critical to or business.

Buggy... time-wastingly buggy

Simply put - cannot execute what it's designed to do

Pros

Has a good concept to automate and remind the inside sales rep on their day to day activity running outbound campaigns. Has good features (if they work) and an intuitive interface.

Cons

EXCEPT it cannot do what it's designed to do! Every turn of the way is a challenge - Changing your cadence - won't save properly Changing contact details - does not reflect immediately, you need to log out and log back in Flexibility of changing your designed cadence while it's running - NONE Leaves the multi-step cadence plays VERY DIFFICULT to execute Insights in the region of my operations - APAC, there is NO-ADDED VALUE Was assigned an enablement solutions architect who left the company half way through giving us the training, there was absolutely no follow up after 3 weeks...

Maryanne from Waste Management

Industry: Renewables & Environment

The worst system on earth,. Phone system is horrendous

Nothing. Headaches and stress

Pros

Nothing, the only thing that works are Outbound calls, ironic for an INSIDE sales system.

Cons

Everything. The phone system doesn't intake clear calls. Customer complaints daily. Lost sales. No one at that company cares, just a bunch of young kids. My company made a deal with the devil

Inside Sales - Decent CRM choice

Inside Sales had its benefits and served as a suitable CRM.

Pros

I did like the auto dialer feature as well as different set up options.

Cons

The admin functions were not always cohesive and tasks seemed more difficult than they needed to be at times.

Julee from Cisco

Industry: Computer Networking

I don't seem to get any call backs on the plays

Pros

Keeps me on task to reach my monthly goal of plays sent or calls made to my customers which is over 900 accounts.

Cons

No value add nor interests from the customers. I always get emails that state to remove them from our email list. The plays are too long...14 steps is not beneficial. Each play should be no more than 3 steps at the most.

Playbooks

Pros

The ability to load contacts in for email blasts, dialing and how easy it makes it.

Cons

It can be extremely slow at times, there's not a way filter by accounts only.

Sales tool

Finding new sales leads and their contact information.

Pros

The idea of having a web based tool to find leads is great. Easy to search, export to CRM and lots of contacts.

Cons

The database needs to updated more often. Some industries change jobs faster than others and it would be great to see this refreshed much more often.

October 2015

Tighe from DataBank IMX

October 2015

Be Wary

We're a new customer and recently went live with our Inside Sales system. Initially we were really blown away by the demo and the pitch, but since beginning our implementation we've been greatly disenchanted with the level or service and the quality of the deliverables we're working towards. The system seems to have a lot of bugs and technical problems. Technical Support is working through a backfile of complex technical cases that aren't addressed in a timely manner. They are unresponsive and struggle with troubleshooting. The dialing technology fails often enough that our reps don't feel confident using it. I would be very wary of committing to the use of this system or of making the investment in the implementation.

May 2012

Allen

May 2012

We have used the their Click-to-Call solution for over a year and is has been great. The Local Presence product and their tracking are especially useful and effective.