All SendGrid Reviews

Vishal

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

SendGrid - Best Email API for sending marketing emails

I use SendGrid for sending communication and marketing emails to thousands of customers every day. Sending close to 100,000 emails per month and the quality of service is quite good. Must say I am happy to use SendGrid.

PROS

The best thing about using the SendGrid Email API was the performance measured in terms of email deliverability and server uptime. The dashboard provides good insights with respect to number of emails sent, delivered and opened. Thus helps a great deal in improving marketing campaigns. From the deployment point of view, the integration of SendGrid with the existing email service was quite easy and can be completed easily without great efforts.

CONS

As far as technical aspects are concerned, there is nothing which I don't like. On the pricing front, would like to add my views. Currently, the pricing plans are available as Free (100 emails per day), Essentials and Pro. The Essentials plan starts from 14.95$ per month for upto 40,000 emails a month and the Pro starts at 89.95$ per month. These plans are good for small and medium size websites. Would be good to see if a new Basic plan is introduced for a low starting price of 4.95$ per month and offering upto 10,000 emails a month. Such a plan would be highly suitable for extra small website applications who have a limited customer base.

Reason for choosing SendGrid

Going by various product reviews and comparing the various plans offered by different vendors, we decided to select SendGrid as the best choice for our email requirements.

Dylan

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Pretty solid product with a good reputation, but can be pricey

My overall experience with SendGrid has been positive. I appreciate its reliability, detailed analytics, and user-friendly interface. My only concerns are with pricing scalability and occasional customer support challenges, but the platform consistently delivers effective and impactful email campaigns.

PROS

SendGrids high deliverability rates, solid tracking metrics and easy to use interface make it a very attractive offering in a competitive space.

CONS

The pricing structure mean that scalability can be a concern, there are some sudden jumps in pricing. The step from 200k to 250k emails a month takes you from $89.95/mo to $249/mo which is a suddenly 3x cost increase, with similar 2x increases at the next intervals. Having unit-based pricing would be less stressful than suddenly crossing a threshold.

Reason for choosing SendGrid

The developer offering was much simpler, and the starting pricing was fairly attractive if a little bit of a honeypot to get you on their ladder.

Reasons for switching to SendGrid

SendGrids developer tools made it far easier to integrate with than Mailchimp, for what we needed to do.

Waleed Ahmad

Automotive, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2024

Emails Delivery Simplified

PROS

Best tool to send emails and also keep track of them

CONS

So far no cons. Its very easy to use and maintain.

Brandon

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Waste of time....

What a horrible experience. After signing up as a new business customer as part of a new marketing strategy my business implemented, SendGrid immediately suspended my account for no reason (after taking my personal information), and an agent then proceeded to tell me some magical 'vetting' system determined I wasn't eligible to use their service.After asking how an earth they could 'vet' me considering they haven't even obtained anything about my business they proceeded to tell me they can't tell me why and that their decision was final.Appalling service, I genuinely have no idea how these people even have customers to begin with if one can't even sign up....

PROS

Absolutely nothing, couldn't even sign up...

CONS

Everything, because they discriminate on who signs up to them, and give no explanation for suspending your account after taking your personal information.

Pedro

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

The worst customer support ever

I had sendgrid free, then I upgraded to the basic. After the shared IP has been blocked many times due to spam, I decided to go to a dedicated IP address. $89/month (really expensive for the service). I send around 500 emails/day for my learners. The server wasn't sending it, it was sending only 100 emails. as it had a limit of requests. I tried to contact their support service and it was terrible, no help at all. Then, I added some of my IPs to the whitelist, unfortunately I had to change my home IP and I got blocked from sendgrid, after over 2 weeks trying to access it and adding IP, they haven't helped me or given me a proper reply. Not only I could not send emails, I cant access my account, neither I can cancel. I had ti sign up with Amazon SES, and now my life is great! Terrible support, the worst so far, cant even cancel and get a refund =/

PROS

Free trial easy api integration cheap and good user interface

CONS

terrible support expensive hard to talk to someone

used in the past

easier better support

Enrico

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

My Experience With SendGrid

PROS

I like that it comes with email security features It makes customer engagement easy Email marketing and tracking is easy too It makes the best email marketing solution for business.

CONS

SendGrid has met business needs. No dislikes.

ZAiN

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Does what it says on the box

My email deliverability and response rates have drastically improved due to customers receiving my transactional emails.

PROS

Integration is dead easy and the free tiers are fantastic for small businesses and to try out the software.The Marketing Campain feature is great.Documentation is comprehensive as well. The real time analytics and reporting is fantastic.

CONS

Payment issues and customer service response times are a bit of an issue.

Reason for choosing SendGrid

Better pricing, more features and more in-depth documentation.

Reasons for switching to SendGrid

Better pricing and more features

Orianne

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2022

Sending SaaS emails through the service is the best option.

Minimal running costs and the minimal need for application development make the API cost-effective. Even as a simple SMTP gateway, the API can perform many functions. These include distribution results and bounce information, which make the proper operation possible. MTA SaaS services are made possible by the original. It is used to display messages from the service provider and notify the public of upcoming announcements. Nowadays it is difficult to operate with an original because it could be used by malicious third parties as a spam pass-through. However, it can operate securely if appropriate security measures and patches are applied frequently. Using the SendGrid service frees business owners from work they cannot control.

PROS

With the sub-user functions and the ability to manage each distribution case, it is easy to confirm the rate and track each delivery in the dashboard. In addition, it is easy to ensure bounce time records and investigate why mail was not delivered from the dashboard. This is because each case has a dedicated distribution manager that can perform distribution management in each case. It is advisable to confirm delivery with a tracking code, but it is also possible to check mail confirmation without any further action. This process can be completed quickly with any of the services offered.

CONS

Since the records of previous bounces disappear when searching, I want to extend the logging period a bit. To extract the data through webhooks, making a request each time is necessary.

Reason for choosing SendGrid

By manually operating tens of thousands of deliveries every day, the efficiency of my work increased tremendously. Also, due to the accuracy of the API, information such as bounces can be collected.

Reasons for switching to SendGrid

Email security, such as SPF and DKIM, can be implemented immediately. The MTA already manages this service; no further actions are required from the user.

Eddie

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

SendGrid is a tool made for those looking for industrial strength e-mail marketing. If you have a small list and want a free tool where you have many templates and can drag and drop designs, MailChimp is the right tool. However, if you are sending millions of e-mails and want to use code and highly technical attributes with tens of thousands of users in your e-mail list you pretty much have to abandon MailChimp and SendGrid is the best tool in the space

PROS

The code editor and how everything is optimized for coding allows for truly beautiful e-mail marketing campaigns. SendGrid can accommodate beautiful e-mail templates that were created in HTML/CSS, you just have to know how to code for it to be useful for you.

CONS

They do not have a way to graphically edit particularly easily like with MailChimp. To make a good looking e-mail marketing campaign you must know how to code, there are not a lot of templates provided for you to edit or drag and drop. It was not intended as a tool if you would like to drag and drop. On the upside this got us to learn how to code better.

Reason for choosing SendGrid

SendGrid is professional strength e-mail marketing.

Reasons for switching to SendGrid

MailChimp actually gets very pricey after you exceed 2,000 users. MailChimp also lacks the sophistication you need when you start doing more advanced activities companies like Uber and Spotify do. If you see sent by MailChimp you know it's a small business.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2023

Sendgrid'e Email API has solved our problems in email campaigns

In addition to having their emails filtered as spam, sales representatives were unable to monitor their recipients' actions when sending them via their email client. Our problem was fixed via Sendgrid's email API.

PROS

Integrating with the email API is a breeze. When compared to other mass email service providers, we have seen that SendGrid consistently produces the highest interaction rates. The ability to automatically retry sent emails is a good bonus.

CONS

There is no consistency in the percentages of emails opened or clicked. There is currently no mechanism to block measurements that originate from email service provider bots.

Reasons for switching to SendGrid

It is trustworthy, it manages email deliveries well, and it provides helpful diagnostics and statistics when problems arise.

ahmed

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Better choice for Email Marketing Software

It was a good experience, Sendgrid is Easy to use and user-friendly, and you can work with the free plan after that you scale your business

PROS

they give you a free trial with 100 emails/day forever.delivery optimization toolsVarious email templates

CONS

-not good at reporting and analyticsthere is no Ai tool to help you with Campaignsa lot of pricing plans

Reasons for switching to SendGrid

i want to see more analytics like depth analytics, use the power of Ai in email marketing, select a platform that can capture leads and send emails directly

Emilia

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Good software for email marketing

All in all, a really easy tool for weekly or monthly email marketing. Thanks to the lists, messages can be targeted to different user groups.

PROS

A straightforward and convenient tool for email marketing. In the preview phase, you can see how the email looks on different devices. That is very useful.

CONS

The platform's email editing tools are too simple. If you want finer and more elegant features, you should code them, depending on which feature you want.

Reasons for switching to SendGrid

Sendgrid was more beneficial for our company's needs.

Madeleine

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2024

Good SMTP Features

PROS

After connecting SendGrid to my WordPress installation the notification emails for my web forms send without any issue.

CONS

Getting the "From" domain verified can be challenging sometimes. The process isn't as simple as it could be.

Allan

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Great Bulk Emailing Tool

It still meets our needs at a great price!

PROS

It is a great all in one tool for sending emails in bulk

CONS

The dedicated IP address is only available on the Silver or higher tied

Pius

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

SendGrid

Sendgrid handles all my mailing campaigns and I have stuck with it from day one to date. I like the email deliverability and tracking metrics offered by SendGrid and will stick with it for the foreseeable future as everything works smoothly.

PROS

It was very easy to integrate with my existing stack. SendGrid has really worked hard to make sure it's easy to use their software with other services out there. Most website builders by default ask you to integrate Sendgrid as your emailing service, and that was the case with my website builder. It was really easy for me to get started as all I had to do was add an API key in a provided input field. SendGrid did all the heavy lifting and I did not have to do any coding or even go through the API documentation(which by the way is very comprehensive ). You fill that that is the case in so many services that integrate with SendGrid, integration is light-work.

CONS

It is a little expensive, especially when sending a tonne of emails out and having a lot of contacts. Your email totals low-key add up when you have multiple drip campaigns and transactional emails set up. If you have a small budget it's really difficult to get measurable success on SendGrid as I found out when I just started while having a very low budget. The best way to get the best out of SendGrid is with a substantial budget, and that's a bummer when starting out.

Reason for choosing SendGrid

I choose Sendgrid because it was really easy to set up with my stack of Bubble and Zapier without any code of using the API documentation.

Thomas

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

SendGrid - You pay for reliability

Easy to set up, secure and verbose logging and reporting make this an easy choice for SaaS email relaying. While there is a marketing portion to this application, we don't use it so I can't speak of it.

PROS

I don't think the email API service has ever had a technical downtime where it doesn't work in the many years we have used it. The API itself is very easy to use and use the least privileges. Integrating the API into your SEIM or reporting platform (Power Bi for example) is also really easy to do and gives verbose information.

CONS

Email reputation can be a concern in ensuring your emails are delivered externally unless you want to pay extra, otherwise, the lower tiers are fine and still have decent deliverability %'s, typically above 95%'s.

Reasons for switching to SendGrid

Postmark was limited with it's API integrations, reporting and configuration.

Martin

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

API implementation is shaky and there are some 500s that you can't solve

After ending up on a 500 error from their server on a simple endpoint to create API keys on subusers, I made a support ticket. I had some answers at first and then the ticket stayed unanswered for 24 days, after which I went to Twitter to push them to answer me. They did answer me and told me to try using the API test tool to see if that would also produce the same 500. It did, it was now pretty clear that the error was on their side. 2 days later my ticket was simply deleted without any answer, I cannot see it in my list anymore. Despite asking them about it on Twitter again, nothing changed... I would strongly avoid Sendgrid if you're planning on using it for anything important.

PROS

If you use the most basic features of SendGrid, it will work and do what you need.

CONS

Don't use Subusers, ever! If you are a company who will need to rely on their subusers feature to provide services to your client, please don't, you're wasting your time and you're better off trying another provider that has the same type of functionality but that actually WORKS and is more simple. 500s left and right, endpoints that simply don't work, wrong documentation, ...

Reason for choosing SendGrid

Because it looked more powerful, but that's the thing, it just seems more powerful but when you use it it's actually not. I'm switching to MailGun now.

Mckenzie

Information Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2021

Effective Emailing tool

Excellent

PROS

We use sendgrid for our enterprise application for all purpose ranging from notification, verification and transactional information. We switched from a competitor that was burning our pockets and had a lot of issues. the pricing was a balance between our budger and our requirements and send grid just fit into the grid for us

CONS

No complaints. However the suggestion to the manufacturers would be to improvise the documentation for this product to provide more use case specific guidance to help users

Ava

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Solid option for our email marketing operations.

The most significant benefit my team has gained from Sendgrid is the assurance that our transactional emails and newsletters are delivered directly to our subscribers' inboxes, rather than being filtered out as spam.

PROS

I absolutely love using Sendgrid for our email marketing needs. Its intuitive and user-friendly interface makes creating and sending professional-looking emails a breeze. The email list segmentation feature, which allows us to trigger email engagement based on user behavior within our app, has had a significant impact on our overall sales conversion workflow. Additionally, Sendgrid's reporting and analytics tools have been invaluable in measuring and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of our email campaigns through real-time data metrics. Overall, Sendgrid has been a game-changer for our email marketing efforts.

CONS

Twilio's email builder is restrictive when it comes to available design options and flexibility. One area for improvement is its drag-and-drop editor, which could benefit from more advanced customization options, such as the ability to add custom HTML or CSS for greater design flexibility.

Taha Burhan