What are ServiceNow Customer Service Management users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ServiceNow Customer Service Management software through verified user reviews

• icon"It does have good platform to create knowledge articles and save it. This can be easily adapted by any organization."
  • icon"Great for customer service and management, serves the integral purpose of ensuring that user requests are categorised and prioritised appropriately, great for customer satisfaction management as well."
  • icon"It's a straight forward approach for helpdesk technicians and end users. It's great to have the ability to see real-time status on a ticket."
  • icon"Sometimes it offers too much and you can get lost in the forest."
  • icon"Slowness is problem sometimes. Should use different TABs instead of showing all content in long page view."
  • icon"While using one will face a little delay in loading a page."

Browse all ServiceNow Customer Service Management Reviews

• Have you used ServiceNow Customer Service Management and would like to share your experience with others?

Ravi

April 2022

One of the best Ticketing tools available

Pros

Covers all ITIl aspects w.r.t incident, problem and change management. It has a very cohensive environment right from when an employee joins the organisation, getting access to applications, performing day to day jobs with tickets, requests, incidents, problems and changes. Given the fact that it also has inbuilt reporting capabilities, this is an absolute must. It's api and backend can be accessed by multiple softwares and applications enhancing the capability to produce visually appealing reports. Admins/engineers/customer service execs can create their own dashboards to monitor their queues efficiently. Inhouse capability to graphically repsent the queue make things easier while distributing work, prioritising work, planning change activities etc...

Cons

None that I know of as yet. Whatever customisations i needed were easily available within the existing module.

Ryan

Complete Package

We are using this ServiceNow CSM as our primary Customer Service tool and we are easily able to manage thousands of cases per day which we have found difficult when using other applications in the past.

Pros

The ServiceNow CSM modules offer a full suite of features for customer management. The product is easy to use and extremely flexible.

Cons

ServiceNow's easy of customization can also be its achilles heel. If managed improperly or over-customized it does not take long to make oob upgrade path unsustainable.

Reasons for switching to ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Dynamics was unable to handle the level of customization required for our business.

Norbert

May 2022

I really appreciate using Service Now in my daily basis

I'm using Service Now as a daily tool to support users with their technical issues and I find Service Now as a excelent tool for this. It's easy to use for users, customizable for me and my colleagues from the support team, have many options to organize Your work. I appreciate it very much and if I change my job, I hope that I will also work in Service Now in the new one.

Pros

I think most important part that I like is posibility to configure Service Now layouts, list and elements on the screen to meet Your personal needs. Want to have this element to be shown in Your homepage dashboard? No problem! You need to create own template to not put the same response every time? Sure thing, You can do it here! Very layouts and pages which I like the most.

Cons

I think building reports and dashboards can be quite difficult when You are trying to do it first time. Report and dashboard builders are quite complex tools any such many options can be shocking at first and you need to spend some time to discover what is what and get used to it.

Will

December 2021

ServiceNow Not for Small and Medium Sized Businesses

When this was flagged to ServiceNow Management, they have washed their hands of it and said for me not to get my hopes up that they will do anything. It's clear that I am too small of a business for them to do anything for us. My only option now is litigation.

Pros

The PROMISED functionality is fine. They never got it to a functional state after a year of "implementation." I do not recommend ServiceNow for small and medium sized businesses because ServiceNow doesn't care about fulfilling their promises because losing a small business is no big deal.

Cons

I feel that ServiceNow lied to me. I was told that it could integrate with NetSuite, our ERP. ServiceNow referred us to one of their partners for implementation. We bought it in December of 2020. It is now December 2021, and the tool is still not implemented. On top of this, they are contacting me asking why I haven't paid for the second year of the service! We have not been able to actually use the tool once! We are too small of a company for Service Now to do anything about the issue.

Reasons for choosing ServiceNow Customer Service Management

We chose ServiceNow because the people seemed competent and trustworthy. I was wrong.

Reasons for switching to ServiceNow Customer Service Management

We switched because ServiceNow is supposed to be a more robust tool, but we don't know that for a fact because we have never been able to use it.

Jason

ServiceNow A Great Piece of Software

We use it to enter tickets for clients experiencing issues with our software. I use it on a daily basis to log these tickets and to keep records of issues that are clients experience.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and is extremely user-friendly. I love that it is very customizable and can be tailored to any buisness model.

Cons

There are times that it can be slow when trying to interact with some of the dashboards.

Reasons for switching to ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Salesforce has too much information that needs to be entered on each ticket. The attraction of ServiceNow is that it is simple and easy to use.

A good ticketing tool with lot of options to develop

The tool is good for any service based organization but needs to focus on some improvements because there are several ticketing tools available in the market with better options

Pros

It does have good platform to create knowledge articles and save it This can be easily adapted by any organization

Cons

Need to improve the UI Should have a Better tracking of the comments from the user and the agent

Reasons for switching to ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Zendesk has a better UI and it tracks the progress of the issue better and in a systematic way so that the ticket quality can be maintained.

Sonia

ServiceNow

Overall a good and Wonderfull experience.

Pros

I have been using ServiceNow almost everyday for more than 2 years which is really user friendly. Initially It has been very easy to navigate and locate previous tickets on this software. I used ServiceNow as a ticking tool, where my team used to to review the ticket sent by the previous team and add remarks and validation as and when needed, it was a very nice tool to track the overall productivity of the team.

Cons

I did face starting doing the starting phase as navigating and learning the options took me some time. I would like to enhance more features such as feedbacks, larger vol of data can be saved and customer satisfaction feedbacks which would help the team validity and increase the overall performance.

Balaji

ServiceNow Ticket Management Tool

The experience has been fantastic so far. We have been able to resolve tickets that comes to us with a quicker turnaround time since it directly comes to our queue.

Pros

The best tool for ticket/incident management for a large enterprise organization. It can create and tickets delegating it to individual groups so that it can be look at promptly for resolution.

Cons

No there is nothing I dislike about this software as it has made my life easy for raising ticket against team and also receiving issues from my application users and provide faster resolution

February 2022

Overall it’s good and better

Overall it’s better and suitable for mid level businesses

Pros

Daily using this for logging tickets and updating the flow and found it much better not best than other software Easy to navigate for simply tracking or logging tickets and passing it on to other team with comments New team members were able to learn it quickly with the help of documentation/articles which we can found easily in help and the design is user friendly from navigation point of view

Cons

Improvement is required in terms of performance as it gets stuck most of the time doing search for any member outside of our group or closed ticket

Mahipal Singh

April 2022

ServiceNow review

My overall experience with ServiceNow is good.

Pros

Workflow management is the best feature I liked most in this software. With this feature, the company can smoothly manage projects and can also track customer cases and tickets.

Cons

As of now, I don't get any feature present in this software which I don't like.

Rennie

ServiceNow is premier and get better with every release

Overall an excellent product.

Pros

Highly scalable and provides modular solutions for implementing service based best practices across the enterprise. Initially focused on ITIL it has expanded to include ITOM, ITSM, and ITBM functions. Out of the box solutions for other areas of the enterprise including HR, Security, Governance, Finance, and CSR. The platform itself allows development using standard web technologies and programming skills and they offer a vast documentation library and vibrant community of developers and users. Their support is top notch and they are always quick to respond.

Cons

Their pricing model is complex and unwieldy. It can be very hard to determine which features you actually have access to. Some of the features which seem like they should be part of the base product functionality are split into sub-modules at additional cost. This can give the impression that you are being nickeled and dimed for every little feature. Inquiring about instance capabilities of technical staff is always referred to your sales rep. Early adopters who did a lot of customization can find themselves in a lot technical debt prior to ServiceNow’s current guidance of best practices. Some of the earlier product design decisions have sometimes forced compromises to be implemented for product growth. This can create some ambiguous methods non-intuitive workarounds to be employed in development. Their documentation can be somewhat sparse on examples or use cases for particular API or feature specific applications. Finally, since the product can become the core of so many areas of the enterprise, it can require quite a large investment in support resources and it requires these resources to understand SaaS management differences vs traditional application support development.

Alex

Hyper-Functional Ticketing System

Overall, this works as a great ticketing system. It also has some light task/project management functionality that we're only beginning to explore.

Pros

As customizable as you need. Our Supply Chain Contact Center uses ServiceNow as their ticketing system. They're able to capture the source of the ticket (email vs phone), responsible parties, root cause, category and sub-category of issue, comments, and more. It's phenomenal. They've begun to use it to assign tasks from their department to other departments. This is a huge boost to their reporting capabilities, as they can now get a truer picture of their ability to hit SLAs. Our Process Optimization team is ramping up to use this to track reporting and project requests. Another stellar feature is ServiceNow's document repository. We're able to store training or case documents within ServiceNow, and then, when a rep types in their comments, ServiceNow actually displays related training and case documentation at the bottom of the page so the rep can review related documentation and resolve their tickets more quickly.

Cons

While ServiceNow has been wonderful for our Supply Chain Contact Center, it hasn't worked as well for our Security team, but I believe this has to do with how they've customized it for their own uses. For instance, my department will open a ticket for a new hire to receive proper system access, and we put the new hire's start date in the original ticket. Well, the original ticket isn't what's actually assigned to the Security Analyst - a sub-task is assigned, and the new hire's start date doesn't copy down to that sub-task. Consequently, Security Analysts often have to reach out to us to get information we already put in the ticket. Again, I think this has to do with how the system has been customized for their use.

Brian

Great for assigning jobs and direct communication; dense UI missing common features

Overall this is a fantastic product. It frees up developer resources by taking on administrative and organization responsibilities, connects end users with developers through a consistent interface with straightforward prompts that reduce communication errors and adhere to policies and prevents logjams and delays by implementing a normalizing the request and delivery process so task can be consistently assigned to the appropriate person based on workload, importance, resource needs, etc. The UI issues are irritating, but they do not reduce performance significantly, and they do not impede the product's superior performance with regards to the intended results.

Pros

All users work in the same interface, creating a pretty seamless pipeline between end users and departments that identify a need and the department and content manager responsible for the requestors need. ServiceNow handles most of the administrative duties, documentation, and organization for tasks/projects from step-by-step request submission, to manager approval, to task creation and delivery, ensuring timely communication and adherence to procedure, while freeing up development time.

Cons

Although the User Interface is straightforward for most tasks and consistent among all users, there are many rudimentary features that are either buggy or absent. For example, when a task is submitted, both a "request" and a "task" are assigned. They are identical and both must be filled out to close the job, but they do not interact with each other and one can be closed and the other open in the system. Similarly, there are no steps between completing and closing a task, but submitting a task as complete does nothing but refresh the page and change the "complete" option to "close." It doesn't not even populate the completion time.

Stacey

Lot's of features, lot's of complexity.

Works fine if you don't need to do much more than open tickets that are already assigned to you or work with tickets that are assigned to you. Assigning ticket to others in a large organization where you don't know the group they are part of is a struggle. I often know who a ticket should be routed to but our implementation requires specifying the team they are part of as well. Some people are on multiple teams. Searching really needs improvement for users that don't interact heavily with the system.

Pros

Works well for tracking tickets across a diverse organization. Integration with e-mail system simplifies interactions with users.

Cons

Complexity makes simple tasks difficult. Learning curve is steep. For example, performing simple searches is not possible. If I closed out a ticket recently, then I often need to look in the documentation to search for that specific ticket again. highly customizable views allow for tweaking to work with your use habits. Interface needs to be simplified and have common functions more accessible. It may partly be the way this organization has implemented and customized the interface, but it is still not user-friendly.

Alejandro

Service Now, the one that gathers them all

We've been working along with servicenow for several years and we have more and more success digital transformations stories by building business improvement strategies upon the Servicenow Platform

Pros

ServiceNow is a Service Management Platform, ranked by Gartner just as the #1 in the global market of digital service management platforms. Easy to use, deep dive, almost boundaryless ServiceNow software integrates a strong and robust collaborative service management engine, that allows almost all kind of organizations, no matter the economic sector, to optimize and automate any business and IT service through a full function collaborative tool set, such as Asset Discovery, service catalog, business rules definition, SLA's and analytics easy-to-build dashboards, not to mention the application development capabilities which stands as the ServiceNow main differentiators.

Cons

As any technology solutions, there is and will be room for improvement, starting with more built-in integration capabilities in order to simplify more complex implementations.

"I Have Had Excellent Experience Using ServiceNow ITSM (Customer Service Management application)."

ServiceNow ITSM has enabled the enterprise wide service management with effective tracking ability. The business users have end to end visibility into the incidents (INCs), requests (REQs), request items (RITMs), change requests (CHGs), Configuration items (CIs) etc. so that triaging of tickets becomes easier for both end users and help desk. Being Business Systems Analyst, I have had an opportunity to work closely with enterprise service desk to create configuration items (CIs) and publish knowledge base article (KBAs). Having ServiceNow ITSM implemented as service management system, I can easily make requests through the user-friendly cloud platform and view the updates of work being done against my requests.

Pros

I find this product user-friendly, tracking enabled and knowledge oriented. It's definitely better than other competing products in the market as it enforces standard ITIL practices.

Cons

I have not had such experience to dislike this product. being ITIL certified Analyst, I deem this product very appropriate to follow standard service management practices.

Reasons for choosing ServiceNow Customer Service Management

I was not in the team who made this decision

Fabricio

Very Good IT Comunication Tool

The way that users report any failure on the devices in order to get this resolved faster was not the correct one. And we solved this with ServiceNow since their user can report quickly the issue that he is having and also there is a watchlist of available people that can take the case and provide support to the person that is having the issue. Also, there is a really good feature of the tool that makes them different from other solutions in the market.

Pros

- Is easy to use for developers and regular users. - There is a good option like the feature that allows you to add people to the watch list so they can check the progress of the status of a ticket even do they are not going to provide support.

Cons

- Updates are not good since they made some changes and in some cases impact the way data previously saved on the application. Also, they made some changes in the GUI and some times users complain are related to that there is no a particular option or they are not able to find it now after the upgrade.

Arpan

A powerful CRM containing tons of features.

Pros

- Highly customizable, extendable, and flexible according to one's needs. - Constantly evolving and improving with two new releases per year. - Contains everything which a CRM should have!

Cons

- Contains synchronous JavaScript requests which causes web pages to get stuck, disabling any actions on the webpage while the request is active. Sometimes, a page needs to be reloaded to make it work again. - Many features (for instance: Reporting) require training first before a user can start using them. This process can be cumbersome for an average user if training resources are not available. - Expensive as compared to other CRMs (for e.g. SalesForce).

Ankur

Overall Good SaaS & PaaS tool to handle ITSM processes

Pros

1) Covers most of the ITSM process required in an organization 2) Platform allows development using latest web technologies and supports integration with 3rd party apps 3) ServiceNow Customer Support team is very much good at resolving any issues/tickets 4) Good application as SaaS and PaaS 5) Allows customizations to out of box script components and enhancements

Cons

1) Cost could be one factor which they need to improve upon 2) Upgrade activity requires lot of efforts 3) Sometimes the code/script may break while it was working earlier well 4) Requires good training to be given to non-technical staff for proper use of tool

pratik

An awesome saas and paas application

It’s an very demanding cloud platform. They also offers you to provide various commercial scope application platform as well.

Pros

1) An awesome application as Saas and Paas as well, Good inerface, user friendly and easy to use. 2) Due to backend code in jaava and JavaScript it is very flexible. 3) Cloude data and services is simply awesome. 4) The best thing is its also supports to integrate autoCAD as well.

Cons

1) To implement discovery tool for automatic cmdb population have some hogh cost concern. 2) When you using a UI action which has script inside it freezes the screen. 3) Upgrade to an instance will become quite hectic.

Petar

Easy and productive CSM tool

It makes it easy to track customer replies and action any update or development on time whilst allowing for easy SLA tracking and communication with the customers.

Pros

Plentiful options when creating your favourites and setting your filtered searches (which are very detailed and precise). Any search can be added to favourites and be easily accessible. User interface is easy to navigate and find the options you're looking for. It uses easy to follow logic and it is very user friendly.

Cons

This is most likely depending on the implementation process and data migration during the integration process, the update field is constantly moving to the next case/incident which makes it hard to track you work at times. Most likely adjustable during implementation process.

Great Tool for HelpDesk Services

ServiceNow was a huge asset for deploying our first formal Support Service Design. The ease of use and default templates, got us up and running in with no issues. Great Experience overall.

Pros

Out of the box, Service Now comes with configuration templates to get you started on your HelpDesk service deployment. From there, you can start tweaking the tool to match your company needs. This was very helpful to us since we were deploying a ticketing tool for the first time. The deployment process was a breeze, intuitive and we didn´t find any major roadblocks whatsoever. From the user side, is very easy to use, great compatibility with any browser (since is web based), and the amount of tools for reporting are amazing. We are able to benchmark and tweak our Support Service and keep track of our KPI metrics very easily.

Cons

It can be somewhat overpriced. Other than that, no issue whatsoever.

It's a great ticket system

Time table of incidents and reports of common every day problems .

Pros

Very easy to create tickets and can be customized to work with your environment. User inventory can easily be populated to all of your company assets. User field can be populated automatically to bring up a user name and profile information.

Cons

Ticket system should automatically be saved. I wished there was a way to duplicate a ticket to a new ticket number for items not resolved. Instead of re-opening a ticket. Your ticket search buttons should be easier to search, I have gotten lost several times searching for tickets.

Colleen

Industry: Cosmetics

Horrible customer experience

My overall experience maybe a little clouded because I am using Service Now through a third party vendor who handles our IT (cognizant) and some of the missing features maybe due to this. I have been using Service now for almost a year to not only track minor IT issues (example requesting new monitors, issues with WIFI ect) but also updates and builds to our website and ERP System. Overall I would not recommend Service now for the later especially in large corporations across multiple subsidiaries as this doesn't give companies the tools accurately implement builds. Unfortunately due to the lack of tools in Service now (or how our vendor restricts these tools) our company had to resort to managing these builds outside service now and update once complete. Rather you need a system like JIRA where users can easily assign issues for QA testing and allow anyone to reopen tickets.

Pros

-can search to find topics -can customize search for tickets and service request -can excel tickets and customize the information -if you developers access you can create reports -receive email confirmation and when tickets are updated -can uploads images and video

Cons

-when creating a service request the user cannot specify the name. First a request is created [sc_request] then automatically a requested Item is created [sc_req_item] with a default title which is extremely confusing -only the user who created Incidents can reopen Incidents -only the user who created Incidents can then link to previously closed incidents -if you don't have developer access you can only see the tickets you created and need other users to add you as a watcher to the ticket -Incidents cannot be changed into Service requests, and those changes can't be tracked. (example to change a Incident into a service request a Incident must be closed and Service request opened) -IT Portal view doesn't save views, views are only saved for that session

Carl

Industry: Utilities

ServiceNow does the job, and does it pretty well

Pros

ServiceNow does make it simple to assign requests, track workflows and any changes to the request. It makes it easy to communicate and resolve issues. Also makes it simple to manage your own workflow and tasks.

Cons

One thing about ServiceNow is that it can be more trouble than it's worth to track every ticket. Some requests simply aren't worth the time it takes to fully utilize the system. ServiceNow also does not have a great dashboard or summary of data. You can get there, but it's not as neat as it could be.

ServiceNow Customer Service Management