All Smartsheet Reviews

Smartsheet User Review

Alessio

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Excellent workflow

PROS

Smartsheet excels with its user-friendly interface, combining spreadsheet familiarity with real-time collaboration. It supports various project management methods, integrates seamlessly with popular tools, and offers impressive automation features that I had never seen before. I find it an excellent software.

CONS

Smartsheet's advanced features have a learning curve, obviously and the cost may be prohibitive for smaller businesses. I can't say anything else negative.

Becky

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Facilitates the communication of the strategic planning team

Smartsheet's visual appeal makes it an excellent tool for monitoring the status of several projects and tasks at once, streamlining the management of complicated workflows and allowing for the coordination of multiple current activities. The collaborative and organizational power of Smartsheet is unmatched.

PROS

Distributed teams can benefit greatly from using Smartsheet to keep track of their projects and activities. One of its many benefits is that it can be used by groups of any size to keep track of who is accountable for what, when it's due, and what its current state is.

CONS

By integrating with Float or some other resource management platform, an automation system for assigning roles to individuals and visibility across teams of the available resources in real-time could be created, both of which would be extremely useful when attempting to strategically plan the timelines for individual projects.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Using Smartsheet, I am able to keep track of the agency's objectives, keep my staff and stakeholders updated on our progress, and improve communication among all parties engaged in formulating the agency's long-term strategy.

Devendra Kumar

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

"Smartsheet: A Smarter Way to Manage Your Projects"

My overall experience with Smartsheet has been great. It has allowed us to streamline our project management process, enabling us to better track progress, assign tasks, and manage resources. We have realized several benefits from using Smartsheet, including improved communication, better visibility into project progress and status, and improved collaboration between team members. Additionally, Smartsheet has allowed us to automate some of our project management tasks, saving us time and effort. All in all, Smartsheet has been a great tool that has helped us improve the way we manage our projects.

PROS

I like Smartsheet for its ability to streamline and manage projects. The product is easy to use and has a lot of features that make it impactful. I particularly like the powerful automation and collaboration features that enable me to easily manage, assign, and track tasks. The project timelines are also great, as they help me to visualize progress and ensure deadlines are met. Integration with existing business processes was also easy, and I was able to set up and get started quickly. Overall I'm very pleased with Smartsheet and would highly recommend it.

CONS

One con of Smartsheet is that it can be difficult to use for complex projects or tasks, as the user interface is not as intuitive as other project management tools. Additionally, its integration with other tools and systems can be difficult and time-consuming. Some features could be improved, such as customizing views and adding more automation.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Sa re ga ma pa Yes, I switched from Microsoft Excel to Smartsheet. The main reason for switching was because Smartsheet offers more powerful collaboration, automation, and reporting tools that can help me manage projects more effectively. Additionally, Smartsheet also makes it easier to securely share information with colleagues and track progress, which was something I was looking for.

Sharon

Construction, 201-500 employees

Smart Way to Plan, Track & Manage Projects

PROS

Smartsheet has the most robust PM, TM, time & expense and kanban tools in the industry of PPM software.

CONS

It is so unfortunate that they haven’t yet incorporated offline access.

Steven

Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Average user using time and expense tracking

PROS

Seems to have a lot of functionality. Ability to track a team's time is useful.

CONS

Some things are not as easy to use as I would like. Also, I have accidentally committed forms unintentionally.

10,000+ employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2023

Good tool for simple projects

It’s simple enough to use. The interface is good. It can be a useful tool on its own if you’re not heavily intertwined already with Microsoft or you’re a younger organization. It can also be useful in complementary to SharePoint for workflows.

PROS

It has a lot of functionality in one tool. The workflow processes are impressive.

CONS

The lack of integrated ease with Microsoft tools. It is challenging to convince older colleagues to use anything that’s not excel.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Better workflow approval process for engineering validation.

Kelly

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

All-inclusive project management software

I'm proud of the fact that I revamped several of the department's outmoded forms to make them accessible to everyone. Print runs were smaller and more people were talking in the paper.

PROS

When it comes to incorporating dependencies into a project plan, Smartsheet really shines. Plans for projects can be quickly converted into dashboards for straightforward, automatic reporting.

CONS

Smartsheet's gantt chart feature is useless. The gantt chart in this program is the most difficult one I've used to study. The grid layout makes it difficult for me to present my data, thus I usually have to export it to a different program.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

For a while now, I've been using smartsheet to complete my regular work duties at the organization. The software's clean adaptability to my staff is another plus. They've made it so that both the cardview and the sheets make it simple to see how things are coming along.

Kelsea

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

In terms of project management, Smartsheet is fantastic

Assignees and due dates have been set for all tasks in Smartsheet. No one gets confused about their roles or deadlines because everyone is on the same page.

PROS

The capability to see, filter, and modify tasks in real time within the same view, as well as assign new projects to individual team members, is a key feature of scheduling software.

CONS

There has to be refinement to the reporting aspect so that you can have a deeper understanding of resource allocation and project progress.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Team members can track their tasks, get notifications when they're due, and make changes as needed. Each week, the department's leadership receives an email with a report detailing the progress of ongoing projects.

Candace

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Must get if you have a big business

PROS

Iove how I can schedule my workera in the sheet so easy plus it calculates for you

CONS

Nothing this app is something everybody should have. Not for just work but at home too

Julianna

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Smartsheet Review

PROS

I love that it a collaborative sheet. It is easy to keep track of on going projects and the status of the projects.

CONS

There is nothing that I dislike about smartsheets.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Smartsheet H.I.

PROS

team collaboration and report management is crucial with our SmartSheet

CONS

no cons at this time, works as we need it for reports and team management and sales management

Nicolas

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Improve real-time collaboration

Smartsheet has allowed me to streamline my workflows, improve collaboration with my team, and perform financial analysis more efficiently.

PROS

I like its ability to create and manage spreadsheets online has significantly improved my efficiency. Advanced features, such as formulas and pivot tables, allow me to analyze data faster and more accurately. In addition, the ability to collaborate in real time with my team has facilitated communication and coordination.

CONS

While Smartsheet is an excellent tool, it requires some learning time to take full advantage of all its functions and features.

George

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Smartsheet is a Sensational Project Management Solution

PROS

This project management solution has effective and easy to use features. Smartsheet has been so reliable.

CONS

I like everything about Smartsheet. No weaknesses detected.

Esther

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

My Experience With Smartsheet

PROS

I like that Smartsheet is very helpful when managing projects, workflow and all matters planning.

CONS

Smartsheet has handled quite well and no issues.

5,001-10,000 employees

A User-Friendly Workforce Tool

PROS

I loved how Smartsheet was able to easily take tasks and apply filters for the person they were assigned to, priority level, and expected completion date. Overall, Smartsheet is an incredibly user-friendly software and it was very easy to integrate with other systems such as Google Forms.

CONS

I wish that Smartsheet had a better mobile interface. When working in property management, it is important that issues can be noted and recognized on the go. Smartsheet was clunky and difficult to navigate on a smartphone, unlike how simple it was on a Desktop computer.

Nedim

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Overview

We could solve and manage all our tasks and deploy thwm further.

PROS

We used it for a long time, scheduling tasks and to-do lists, creating sheets for project management such as job application management.

CONS

Overall nothing is missing, maybe integration with third-party apps was taking a bit time.

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

It was highly recommended by colleagues from other agencies.

Ryan

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Smartsheet is a great Project Scheduling tool, and so much more

I love Smartsheet! It has become an indispensable tool in organizing and visualizing the work we do everyday!

PROS

Smartsheet is much easier to use for Project Managemen than the classic Microsoft Project software I was originally trained on. It allows people to manage work with the intelligence of a project scheduling tool, but with an easy to understand and use spreadsheet interface. Since Smartsheet is a cloud product, each Smartsheet is available from any computer by just logging into the website, or even from their mobile app. Another great Project Management benefits is that the Project Manager can share a Smartsheet with their whole team to collaborate together. We also use the Smartsheet for Jira Connector which allows us to sync information back and forth between the two systems. Jira can be complicated to navigate, and the dashboarding can be really frustrating. This connector allows us to keep track of individual tickets associated with a project, and even lets us import massive data sets for analysis. Finally, we have ended up using Smartsheet as a dashboarding tool. It's actually surprisingly good as a Business Intelligence visualization tool for keeping track of our projects, and for displaying Jira dashboarding.

CONS

Like any software there are small quirks I'd like to see changed, or hotkeys added, but overall I'm impressed with the constant cadence of feature updates and enhancements.

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

Better collaborative and cloud-hosted options and a cheaper price point.

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Smartsheet is easier to use, is cloud-hosted, and has online collaborative features to engage the project team and stakeholders.

Cecilia

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Awesome software

I love Smarsheet because it made my work easier. Now I can have collaboration from my entire company and get fast results.

PROS

-easy to use and costumize -more than one user can modify simultaneously -you can add your company's logo -you can set group and individual reminders - Cell history, which can tell who and when it was modified. -different views: calendar, grid, card, and Gantt

CONS

- not all reminders can be set with time to remind - can't add a conditional formatting based on time - if your Smartsheet is big, formulas added can take forever to update the information, so you need to refresh it all times, even if you change settings to save automatically.

Reason for choosing Smartsheet

More options and could be tailored to our needs

Reasons for switching to Smartsheet

Because I needed a tool that would have also a calendar view, and that could be exported to Excel format for future references.

Christian