Browse Astra Security Reviews

Marius from VLU

My new favorite solution to secure my websites and clean the malware

I have not yet used their Malware removal as none of my websites were infected, so I cannot vouch for it. However, I'm part of a few communities for webmasters and have only heard success stories regarding Astra's malware removal (both automatic and manual, provided by the team at Astra). I prefer to periodically check the overview in the dashboard, rather than going through each website's report (which are much more detailed, but I don't really think that information is for the average user). Overall, I prefer Astra over any other firewall and malware cleaner tools/services that I have used before. Their dashboard is clean and and easy to understand.

Pros

I love the reports they send over email with how many attacks they have blocked on each website. It gives me a better idea of how often these attacks are and how useful it is to protect your websites from them. I also enjoy the fact that we can easily blacklist IPs (either previous attacks or add custom rules).

Cons

There really is nothing that I dislike about Astra. Maybe they can add other platforms for notifications besides Slack (although I'm a big fan of Slack and use it daily).

Reasons for Choosing Astra Security

I tried Astra first and liked it so much that I had no reason to keep looking at alternatives.

Reasons for Switching to Astra Security

There were many happy customers of Astra in the online communities that I am part of. I just loved Astra once I tried it, so I ended up using it on all my important websites.

Response from Astra Security

Replied June 2019

Marius, thank you so much for your encouraging words. Thanks for the suggestion, we will keep it in the list of future features. It's a pleasure securing your website too :)

Andréas from Divine Design

The good and the bad of Astra

I scan my webpage with it regularily.

Pros

It's mostly easy to use. The Support is rather quick to answer. It has potential.

Cons

Some functions doesn't even seem to work. The installation was more troublesome than expected.

Reasons for Choosing Astra Security

I found a good deal and was willing to test it out.

Response from Astra Security

Replied October 2019

Hi Andreas, thank you for your feedback. Regarding the installation, Astra is usually installed within 2-minutes on any website. However, one reviewing your communication with us from five months ago - during the installation the hiccup you faced was because of your server not configured correctly. Within one hour of you telling us that you weren't able to install, a reply with resolution was sent to you. Though, we never heard back from you if you had any further questions. Regardless, glad Astra is helping you keep website malware free!

Fast & friendly support team, but...

After I purchased Astra, I had a contact in the website security space take a deeper look to let me know if it was a good decision. Their response was a little surprising: "They aren't using their own security applications. Instead, they use 3rd-party software located inside the astra_wp/astra/libraries/plugins/ folder: - PHPIDS ( @copyright 2007-2009 The PHPIDS Group): this PHP firewall was discontinued 10 years ago. -phpMussel: some kind of PHP anti-virus. - Several other frameworks & apps. Basically, they take open-source applications, package them all together, add a nice UI and sell it. There's nothing illegal with that, but protecting a WordPress blog in 2019 with a security application that was discontinued 10 years ago (and thus does not get updates any longer) is not what I would call a "Rock Solid Firewall" as they advertise it on their website." It's possible that my contact missed something and I'd be happy to modify my review if that's the case, but based on his feedback, I of course needed to refund my purchase.

Pros

- easy to use - works with WordPress - friendly support

Cons

- actual level of security is questionable

Response from Astra Security

Replied September 2019

I'm sorry but this information is quite inaccurate. Just like every security product, the open source projects play a key role and same is the key with Astra. All security companies out there including Cloudflare, Sucuri etc use projects like Mod Security to build on. Further, as per hundreds of other reviews our firewall is indeed rock solid and one of the most loved feature which we've perfected since years of efforts and continue to do so. However, what you've mentioned says that Astra is not updated which is not true. We might have used open source projects but have done alot of development on top of that - that's how our firewall and other solutions are way better than any of the competition. Further, Astra comprises of firewall, malware scanner, security audit etc. Tools like malware scanner, security audit, community security are all made in-house. This is a misinformed review, possibly by a competitor :/

Nenad from PostableME

The best security plugin our team has used

10/10 - I've suggested this personally on multiple occasions to business and power users needing a step up in the security systems, Have only heard great things back.

Pros

Astra makes it super easy to get started, Drag & Drop your files and run the script, We're a company that cares about user security but putting our trust in hard to configure firewalls, Committing to pro-active scanning & paying for cleanups if god forbid a intrusion came up is a thing for the past for us, Astra's ease of use for us is a killer point, and the ability to get more info on how these threats originate is great for when our developers need more info.

Cons

I'm a firm believer in the term "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is", Our CMS install was easy to setup and manage - As my above notes state it's literally a few buttons, on our custom PHP framework we did need to commit some time to get it going - A lot of what our website did came up as flagged, In these instances we used their monitoring mode to make sure nothing goes missed and keep track of the logs we know we're making - As with anything this will be improved and was resolved with a quick chat and ticket.

Danny from Finally Good IT, LLC.

Astra Web Security is the way to go1

I had a client with an active breach. Once it was brought to my company's attention we began sourcing a partner to help mitigate future breaches. Astra Web Security not only helped to protect against the breach it also was able to look at records and track the original time frame of the breach and a little more info than we had gathered on the attack. Their services proved invaluable, which is why we decided to partner with them. They performed an audit on the clients' web server and provided additional tips to help secure their platform. Their industry-specific knowledge is worth every penny.

Pros

Ease of use Sense of Security Visualization Automation Control Regular reports and updates Extremely Knowledgeable Support

Cons

Can't use it for all of my Platforms and Clients Would love an option to run an onsite Appliance or VM to use as a WAF for everything.

Reasons for Choosing Astra Security

I do not recall the other products we looked at for this client at the time. It became clear early on that Astra was the way to go and once we contacted their support it was a no brainer for us. After our first experience, it was clear we made the right choice.

John from Robolinux.org

Absolutely the best WAF available today

It completely protects our opencart from being hacked. We've been using Astra for two years now. Installs easily and requires zero maintenance. comes with daily reports which give you peace of mind.

Pros

Cons

Not single issue ever so no cons. I simply cannot find one downside to Astra.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you so much, John! Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Taimoor from German IT Solutions

The Best Wordpress Security Plugin

I was previously using malcare and sucuri but I decided to give Astra a try 2 months ago and quite frankly I am very satisfied with their service and support, I had some minor issues which the team was able to fix in no time and they are always available and also they are constantly rolling out new updates and adding features. I finally have peace of mind after I installed Astra as protecting a WordPress website from malicious code and hackers is a very tough job especially if you are using woocommerce but I have full confidence in Astra and also their technical engineers.

Pros

The customer and technical support is very professional

Cons

Some of the features which I need i.e. scheduling the malware scan and reporting function those are still under development (which will be available soon) but otherwise, I am very satisfied with their support and overall service.

Response from Astra Security

Replied June 2019

Thank you very much for these absolutely amazing words, Taimoor! We always try to go an extra mile & I'm glad you think the same. Our team says thank you to you for being such a supportive and appreciative customer! The malware scanner features are on the top of our list & you will soon see them functional in your dashboard. Astra will continue to keep securing your website

Lu Wee from Entrepreneur Campfire

Indispensable software for my daily security monitoring

I use Astra along with a few other security plugins. Astra filled in the gaps left behind by the other software.

Pros

It's very easy to set up and the support team has the right expertise to help you with any security issues that come up. Since installing Astra on my websites, I've seen a massive reduction in hacking, injection and spam instances. I'll definitely install Astra on every site I have moving forward. It's also quite affordable! I like the peace of mind having Astra on my site gives me.

Cons

I haven't seen anything I don't like yet. So far so good.

Response from Astra Security

Replied October 2019

Lu Wee, thank you so much for your encouraging words. Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Alec from Family Express Corporation

Really great product to protect you from requests you didn't even know about!

My overall experience with Astra Web Security is pretty satisfying. We started to have an issue with someone sending sleep commands to our Database and that is when we really started to look into a solution. We found Astra, talked to support, got it installed and the commands stopped. That is not even the end of it. Astra started reporting on attacks we didn't even know that were happening. This is a really great product and will definitely will be suggesting it to others.

Pros

It is really nice to be able to quickly jump in your dashboard and see what attacks you are getting. It is crazy to see the number of them you didn't even know about before. It makes me very glad that we implemented this solution. Support chat is also so easy and they people you talk to are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

I was having some issues with setting block IP ranges (Support said they would add it in the backend). I wish you could view more attacks at once (Change amount seen per page). Would be nice to see attacks that came from the same IP that was in the same timeframe grouped together. This would allow for you to search through the attacks quicker especially when there is hundreds of the same attack form the same IP.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you so much, Alec! Glad we could help you, we try to keep our tech & support top notch. Adding more features similar to what you have mentioned in the user dashboard is in our roadmap. Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Ferdinand from Bluoo Digital

Industry: Graphic Design

We depend on Astra everyday and we have close to a million users.

The people at Astra are amazing. They will manually review your site and what’s going on and help you if your site has malicious code on it, as well as send you the report of what all went on. The security is top notch. We had it tested by a military facility on Alabama and they couldn’t break through. Great product. Don’t miss out by any means.

Pros

It simple, straightforward and gets the job done. I wasn’t searching on how to onboard or how to add my site or what do I do next...none of that. It was done within minutes.

Cons

Nothing yet. Everything is pretty much as expected.

Reasons for Switching to Astra Security

This was a better product by far and the customer support was amazing.

phil from HerringAid

I'm a fan

We use Astra to secure our servers against bad bots, injection and cross-scripting exploits, and more. It is deployed in conjunction with country-based IP blocks and, of course, development practices to maximize security. It is amazing how many exploits it logs in a day! It has contributed to lower server loads and helped us understand where and how intruders attack us; invaluable information. The detail provided for each incident makes it easy to block single or multiple IPs and highlight areas where we need to triple check our code for vulnerabilties.

Pros

This software is well designed, comprehensive, and flexible. It is also very easy to use. the threat data is presented clearly with a few button options to handle the disposition of each threat. You can also let it run unattended and provides just as much protection. I have a peculiar setup (6 sites on 12 subdomains on 2 servers running from common templates and database). With Astra's help I was able to configure the software to handle this load in the most efficient way possible. and I definitely sleep better at night knowing that this filter is part of our security stack. I have already recommended it to people and will continue to do so. Can't beat it for the price!

Cons

It does throw some false positives from time to time, although they are very easy to find and mitigate. I have mentioned this to the Astra team and they are looking at features to accommodate the problem.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you so much, Phil! Simplifying the website security & making it just a matter of few clicks is our aim. We are trying our best to narrow down on false-positive. Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Gerry from Gerry TEch Solutions

Excellent Website Protection & Security Solutions

One of our clients is really running their website on an antiquated version of WordPress. Astra not only managed to clean it up of all the malwares, they also have managed to defend the site against hacking pretty successfully.

Pros

We have two sites under active protection from Astra. One is our own site and second one is a clients site which is still operating on an antiquated version of WordPress. Our contracts are now into second year running. What do we like about Astra 1. Fast support 2. Up to date with latest protection measures 3. They listen to the feedback and take steps to include the feedback into their systems e.g. when Astra came on board, they had a daily threats reporting feature. We requested them for consolidated reports on monthly basis. Within a few weeks, the monthly reports had become a standard feature in their reporting. This saved us hours of work when reporting progress to our clients. 4. We get to talk to real people and not bots on their chat.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about their software. The dashboard UI is pretty simple and easy to use. Response time is quick and prices are ok.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you so much, Gerry! Simplifying the website security & making it just a matter of few clicks is our aim. We are adding few more features in the user dashboard to make our product more customised. Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Martin from Carrdale

Astra transformed my webhosting experience

I had a major hack on a wordpress website which, because I use a shared server, spread to all my other sites. Installing getastra just lets me sleep easier at night – they don't solve every problem about hosting wordpress but they nail the biggest one –security. Crucially the guys are on hand 24/7 365 should an issue arise and furthermore (and quite rare for help desks) the response is both instant and really well-informed. On more than one occasion they have been able to answer questions about issues that are not directly related to their product – this is called going the extra mile. For the record the help is equally responsive by chat or ticket. Again this is rare. One of the great frustrations of support systems is the pesky ticketing system where responses can be 2 to 3 days – this just isn't the case with Astra. The BIG difference with these guys is that not only do they have a cast-iron WAF they also undertake to clean up in the event something does slip through (not happened yet!). So may WAFs will block hack attempts then walk away if there's a breach just leaving you with a nasty little message saying 'your website has been hacked' – which is really no service at all. It's so good to know that, with Astra, they not only put out the fire but help rebuild the house as well.

Pros

Ease of installation, the fact that it works seemlessly in the background and the fact that it works!

Cons

Honestly there's not much that could be improved on

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you very much for these absolutely amazing words, Martin! We always try to go an extra mile & I'm glad you think the same. Our team says thank you to you for being such a supportive and appreciative customer! Astra will continue to keep securing your website in the times to come :)

John from 10-39 Online Services LLC

Industry: Online Media

Honest THoughts on Astra

I wouldn't keep them if I didn't like them. I have been pleased with the customer support overall and I very much like chatting with a real person. I don't feel like my chats or emails just go out into the cloud somewhere as a ticket, never to be seen again. Even though we have been hacked with Astra on the job I feel like that has been more of a weak password issue that the Astra team also helped to identify so we could fix it. I would recommend them to a friend and to me that is the ultimate compliment.

Pros

I think the price that I got was very reasonable. I like having the team at Astra at my fingertips when needed. I love using the chat feature on the getastra.com website. It's get's me help quickly when needed. I like that they took a few minutes to teach me how to use the site when I first got started. This has eliminated many questions that I know I would have asked if I hadn't been introduced to the product.

Cons

Twice when I had issues with my site, I was hacked, I felt that they were slow to respond. Once they did it was great and the team went to work. But, it took days and getting kind of pissy over email to get a response. They may have even been working on the solution in the background but I didn't know about it so I felt like there was nothing being done. When you have sites down that really sucks.

The internet is less scary now

Web security made by geniuses for dummies. They are part of this newly emerging area in business that doesn't treat their customers like crap and produces good products. Its a no brainer purchase I believe, both for people that both have no brain for web-security, and those that specialize in it

Pros

Support is always there for you, they are very concerned with customer satisfaction and really do everything they can to make you happy. The software is essentially a security guard with a gun, meaning Astra Web Security protects your website like a hired guard would protect your home while you are away. He has that all too popular 2nd amendment right to bear assault rifles so is powerful enough to prevent attacks, and as you are paying the security guard. he is very nice to you and writes you a nice report on what they did as they want you happy so they don't get fired.

Cons

The product is perfect for me, so much so I don't even think about it much. I know that my sites are safe and if something comes up that I don't like, ill just contact customer support and they will be like hey sorry I hear that sucks, we will work on making that function not suck anymore, and they will really do that. It's refreshing, to be honest.

Kurt from Modelers Heaven

I like this product and support

Very good service and fast response. They realy look for a sloution together with their customers and are availeable 24/7. I asked them several questions on sunday late night. I gave them the go on monday and everything was done by tuesday afternoon. But even then they kept on monitoring and communicating with us. I could check if everything was still as we intended and if not they fixed those issues as well. Big thumbs up for these guys from Modelers-Heaven.

Pros

Cons

Not really anything, it's been a good experience. If at all i have to go with something, I'd say I'm waiting for a couple of features.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Kurt, thank you so much for your encouraging words! We always try to go an extra mile to delight our customers. We'll continue to keep on securing your website and provide an amazing support :)

Chris from Passivefy

Couldn't be any easier!

Astra Web Security is a quality product with a quality team behind them. I make my living from the internet so security is a must to ensure the income continues to flow consistently. I can sleep at night knowing that Astra is working 24/7 to keep my sites safe and secure. I would definitely recommend anyone who operates the same type of business to look into Astra security.

Pros

Definitely the easiest feature of Astra is how easy it was to install and configure on my sites. I also like the fact that I can log in and see the stats of how many attempts/attacks were made on my site(s) daily. Which I could not easily see with other security software. I do have peace of mind that my sites are protected and will operate securely, and that my assets will be safe. The support is quick and responsive to any queries I have had which (in my mind) is always a indication of a reputable team behind the software.

Cons

At this stage I have not experienced any issues, and any minor issues (which ended up being user issues) that I did come across was quickly resolved by their support.

Reasons for Choosing Astra Security

The team behind the product was very responsive to my queries and issues. Also the simplicity of the interface makes it easy to absorb the information about the threats on my websites.

Response from Astra Security

Replied June 2019

Thank you very much for these absolutely amazing words, Chris! We always try to go an extra mile & I'm glad you think the same. Astra will continue to keep securing your website in the times to come.

Luis from Keep Smiling English

Industry: Translation and Localization

Super easy to use and apparently very effective

I couldn't be happier with Astra's service and functions. Easy to implement, easy to use and it seems really effective in doing what it's supposed to do: protect your site.

Pros

One of the things I value most when working with SaaS is simplicity. In this case Astra is not a disappointment. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3. Not only is their UI really easy to navigate, but their onboarding process also makes sense, as they walk you through every step you need to take to implement Astra on your site. Another cool thing is that apart from monitoring and protecting your website, they tell you exactly how and what against, which not all online security services do.

Cons

So far I don't have much negative to say. If anything, it would be cool if their WordPress plugin had more functionalities like changing the login app, being able to add URLs to the robots.txt file for them not to be indexed, etc.

Andrew from Silicon-dream.com

Super easy & fast - great REAL support and great service to boot.

Super easy & fast. Well above what I expected. Well done Astra.

Pros

Real people in real time answering emails or on chat make you feel like the service is well worth it and top notch. The astra team are all super helpful and fast working. Any queries are answered every time and they walk you through anything that is needed. Best of all if you say to them to just take care of things they do!

Cons

The dashboard needs some tweaking for ease of use in a few places but they are working on that already I am told. Still works foe however.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Andrew, thank you so much for your encouraging words! We always try to give best possible support & I'm glad you think the same Simplifying the setup process & adding more features to the user dashboard is at the top of our roadmap. Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Brian from brianbrownewalker.com

Industry: Writing and Editing

Rock solid security, rapid and cheerful customer support

I've never had a more positive experience with a company or product.

Pros

It flat out works. I received a severe hack of my websites, Macbook, and iPhone after a tangerine-tinted politician I opposed and wrote about was elected. These guys brought me back online and have kept me there every minute since, in spite of ongoing daily attacks.

Cons

No answer here. Czar Securities are aces, and Astra is bombproof.

Reputation and recommendation.

Jeheen from Binary Bees

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Comprehensive support for techie and non-techie website owners alike

The features they are advertising is great. One of the most thorough security services at a very affordable cost. They are competing against some very big names in the market. But if they keep up the service and price line, people will soon come over in droves.

Pros

Ease of setup. I am not a techie person, I know the basic WordPress setup, and even I didnt have any issue with Astra web security at all.

Cons

The UI could use a little more intuitiveness. Maybe a bit more visual aids. Again, this is for non-techie users like me.

Reasons for Switching to Astra Security

Astra offers a few upgrades to WebArx. WebArx has a much better UI and visual which I liked and used to get a summary of my website/s. But Astra is more powerful in terms of real manual troubleshooting they offer. Luckily, my websites are protected well and I didn't need to ask for manual debugging yet.

Response from Astra Security

Replied October 2019

Thank you so much, Jeheen! Very soon you will new UI for Astra dashboard with more details. Also, we are constantly adding FAQs to our knowledge base http://getastra.com/kb Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Davide from Tixo Creative ltd

Simple to user and it work perfect

I'm using Astra Web Security for a while now and I got 16 licences with them, so I been using on most Worpdress website together as well in some project with Wordfence and it work very good. I like more because is more light and it use less resource of my server. What it make so special is for sure the support team that answer very quickly. I even wrote a review in italian about this amazing service (is in italian) : https://www.volpatodavide.com/recensione-astra-security/ but you can translate. Anyway I strong suggest Astra.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the installation process on Wordpress CMS, and the notification of each login attempt, the support with LIVE and REAL people not bot that always answer the some thing over and over, and I like the malware scan.

Cons

I would like to see some more details about the attack is made

melvin from Dynamic Presence

Protects Wordpress Sites Effortlessly

Web application security prevention and hardening. An often-overlooked yet important process to protect our online presence.

Pros

Web security is an area which is out of our expertise and we need a fuss-free solution that protects our wordpress sites from malware bots. Astra provides us with a simple web application firewall and what we really like is the scheduled malware scanning and automated malware cleanup (soon).

Cons

Hate to say this but their user interface can really be improved. Right now, it seems pretty unprofessional with its candy-colored design. Maybe is just me.

Julie from Purple Mountain Designs

My website is much safer with Astra

Pros

Before Astra was recommended to me I had a couple of hacks on my site causing me to close it until it was fixed. Astra were really helpful in removing malware and helping to install their software. I'm not technically minded and anything I couldn't do, they sorted out without any fuss. Any questions have been dealt with quickly. I used to get lots of failed attempts to log in to the admin side of my website. I get none now and have had no breaches in security since using them. I'm very happy that I don't have to worry about security as much any more as they do it all for me.

Cons

It's quite expensive for a very small business but it probably does pay for itself.

Roy from The Chocolate Foundry

Industry: Food Production

Astra Security just works

The GUI is a little clunky, especially the WordPress plugin but the website is good enough to see what’s been going on. The biggest plus is that I really feel I can just trust this service to do as it says and get on with the website itself.

Pros

I was getting hacked more than I realised. This software service stopped the attacks dead and I now have visibility of exactly what goes on on my website in a simple to understand way. The customer support is brilliant and they are helpful.

Cons

It’s a little pricey but it certainly works. Quality costs money.

Reasons for Choosing Astra Security

Good reputation over competitors.

Filitsa from Drlenti

Great Service

My website had problem with attackers. Since I install Astra my website work perfectly.

Pros

Easy to use and timeless. Great customer support

Cons

I would like to have more support related with technical issue of the website.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you so much, Filitsa! For technical support, you can connect with our engineering team through chat & support ticket from Astra dashboard & we will be super quick to help you with your queries. Also, we have created a knowledge base for technical queries. You can find the link to it on the Astra dashboard. Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Richard from RichardButlerTheSuccessCoach.com

Last night Astra saved my life!

Fabulous, fast support, always willing to go above and beyond

Pros

seriously Astra is amazing. A very simple to use security plugin that works - you don't need to bother knowing how it works, just that it does. I created a new domain and with hours of installing Astra had blocked over 1,000 intrusion attempts it really is not if your site is going to get attacked but when! Simple to to use Great customer support Amazing!

Cons

nothing, it works and works well, there really is nothing bad about it

Response from Astra Security

Replied June 2019

Thank you very much for absolutely amazing words, Richard! We always try to go an extra mile to delight our customers. Astra will continue to keep securing your website in the times to come.

Hanson from Self-employed

Astra - Web Security Done Right On All Aspects

Not only did I save money getting Astra, I've saved countless of hours ever since I've used Astra. Knowing that Astra is protecting my website, the time saved from continuously checking my website for malware can be put to other tasks that brings in revenue.

Pros

Astra has a powerful malware scanner that keeps malware out of my website. It is so easy to install in which you can set it and forget it. Also, it's one of the more affordable options out there for website security which makes it a no-brainer for anyone new wanting to get into protecting their website. Astra's support team is also very responsive. On their site within 30 seconds, you would be greeted with their customer support team in which you can ask any security-related issues you are facing. This proves that Astra takes their customers and their websites' security seriously which was what brought me to use Astra.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Astra. After 3 months, Astra is still going strong.

"It just works"

As an agency, I needed a fire and forget security solution for my websites; Job done. Right know, I can focus on business and trust Astra to protect the websites. I have also a detailed control of the IPs black/white listing , which is important to make sure clients are never blocked ! However, if I have additional needs in the future, like wp core files change monitoring, it has to be completed by an other solution.

Pros

2 main forces - It simply works : no security issues since Astra is installed, no complicated settings , no meaningless alerting .. The WAF does a great job. - Terrific support : the only time I needed some help form support, I had instant help from chat support, and most important, relevant answers, and very quick fixing.

Cons

It's kinda opaque. You get assured that all the checks are green, that all the attacked have been blocked .. but if you are a control freaak, it might frustrate you not knowing what happens under the hood. (For instance : "All green, 66 Tests Passed" , without knowing the details.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review & appreciating our support & product. We have noted your point of '66 tests passed' & for sure we will display all the test name & result on our dashboard. Also, the file comparison feature is in our roadmap & very soon it will be updated on the user dashboard. You don't need a different service for that. Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Hossam from Regravity Co., Ltd

Industry: Civil Engineering

Multiple platforms

I had an issue to run google Ads campaign on my website as google was always detecting my website as unsafe without showing me where is it the problem exactly, so by using Astra with some help from the technician they fixed everything

Pros

Cool and easy to use it specially on Wordpress as a plugin

Cons

The technical team they are professional especially for detecting any issue or error inside your server.

Jonathan from Surge Marketing Inc

Great security service!

Been using Astra for a while. Very happy with their audits, scanning, frontend protection and their service.

Pros

Easy, painless front end protection system, regular audits.

Cons

Very happy with them so no cons at the moment.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you, Jonathan! Our team says thank you to you for being such a supportive and appreciative customer! We always try to go an extra mile to delight our customers.

Marjan from Frey Media

Industry: Publishing

Easy set up

Pros

No worries about security. just instal and forget about it.

Cons

Daily Emails, keep coming to the mailbox.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you Marjan for your kind words! You can get your email notification settings changed through a support ticket from Astra dashboard. We provide weekly & monthly update option as per your convenience. Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Jared from Gap Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

Simple and effective solution

Overall good experience. but poor client success. Great product but poor delivery on support

Pros

Easy to setup took 5-10min to configure and fully understand how things work. I love the daily reports and the opportunity to increase risk levels

Cons

Support is pretty mediocre - Slow responses, or responding to FAQ based questions which are irrelevant. I bought the software on promotion and they would not honor what was advertised.

Response from Astra Security

Replied October 2019

Hi Jared, Thank you for your kind words! We take support very seriously. Being in security we realize that support is the key. Based on your comment on support, I reviewed your only ticket with us and found the following: - Ticket raised by you at 1:08am - First reply & resolution from us: 1:22am - No reply from you after above The timezone is based on where our agent was and the query was solved within 14mins. Still, if you have any specific suggestion would like to know. - Naman

Bill from In Balance ADR Group

Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Astra so easy a non techie can do it

Pros

Ease of deployment and a firewall thats always up to date for most CMS platforms. Malware scanning and removal with a security certificate to provide an additiojnal layer of trust

Cons

Malware scan and removal requires a manual selection

Mark from Sheffield Hallam University

Almost unbelievably good

After a site I work on became infected with malware, I was panicking and genuinely convinced we might have to roll back and lose considerable amounts of data. Astra's customer service was amazing - an immediately, friendly response, an affordable and easy signup and lightning fast cleanup of the site, followed by careful and attentive follow up service. They put my mind at at ease and made the whole experience easy - I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Pros

It's seamless, effective, affordable and backed by amazing customer support.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say!

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thanks a lot, Mark. We understand how frustrating website not working can be and that too because of a hack. Glad that we could help you fix this quickly. You've been a great customer yourself, thank you :)

Umashankar from Information Technology

Best Web security firewall and malware scanner

Web security is hard. You see the cases, most popular companies got hacked some time or the other. Only way to win this and safeguard web is by having a good security solution in conjunction with very supportive and helpful team like Astra when needed.

Pros

- They have a great Firewall. Blocks no.of threats comparing to other similar software. - There dashboard is super easy to check stats and IP blacklisting /white listing features. - Super easy wordpress integration. - One of few web security solutions that support native php apps other than WordPress specific. - The supportTeam is very supportive when you want to get a hand

Cons

- Their malware on demand scanner is relatively new but keep improving day by day. - No Integration with Slack or Telegram for notifications

Simple to use yet excellent security tool

Great product with proper and professional timely support.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibilitity in settings. While we made some back-end other security changes, we expected Astra not to function anymore - well, they are always a step ahead and had a solution before we even mentioned it.

Cons

That is a tough question. Maybe the purchasing as with security it's always a guess, though we are so happy how all works out!

Glenn Wallace, from Webjutsu

Great softwaree protecting my sites

The support is their best feature. These folks respond promptly to any issue and their follow-up is second to none.

Pros

Installation is so easy and the protection is rock-solid. Especially like the feature to block countries from accessing my website. Really cuts down on hacking attempts and spam.

Cons

Needs some more detailed reporting but that is in the works and probably out soon.

Alban from K5 Technology Group LTD

Industry: Computer Networking

Easy security without too much complexity

Quickly installed, and immediately effective. It's quite impressive and a little scary to see the attacks come one after the other, and being blocked. You wonder how safe were your previous sites, really...

Pros

I like the reports that are easy to understand and insightful. You can get a clear view of where the threats come from, in terms both of origin and type of attacks. You can generate reports that executives can understand without much trouble, and see why security is important. Without an understandable list of actual attacks, security is, for many, a very vague concept. Astra makes it crystal clear.

Cons

I wish most info could be accessed directly from the WP plugin rather than having to log into Astra's website

Sefa from Robolink Teknoloji

Awesome team. We can focus to our work and know that they are with us when needed.

Pros

very easy to use. great support feels good to know you are protected by professionals price is afforable

Cons

Security is a critical topic for web sites. I am trusting the team but I am not %100 confident for the future. But this is not directly realted with the Astra

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2018

Thank you Sefa for your kind words! We're happy to secure RoboLink and would continue to do so :)

Alon from Guitar Songs Masters

Industry: Music

Excellent service, I am sleeping like a baby since I got it.

Pros

Excellent service, always responding super fast when I need them, and never had any problem with hackers since I'm with Astra.

Cons

No complaints honestly. I wish every internet service that I use had such a great customer service.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you, Alon! Glad we could help you, we try to keep our tech & support top notch :)

Leonidas from M.C.I Innovium Digital Ltd

Astra Review

Astra is simply an amazing SaaS backed by a wonderful community and support! Whatever questions I had and no matter what, they always responded and answered everything to me.

Pros

Central management with excellent features gathered packed as a great value for an AIO web security solution.

Cons

Did not find any cons so far as a heavy user.

Julian from Ulement Sdn Bhd

Great Security solution

Pros

WordPress security. It helps to block Brute-force attack instantly.

Cons

There are some false alarm at first, anyway it solve out by the support.

Daniel from biztributor

Works seamlessly

Pros

It's fairly easy to set up and to use. Works reliably.

Cons

Could be more granular with more functions

Phil from Puntorosso

123: Wordpress secured.

It's the perfect alternative to Wordfence.

Pros

Easy to use. Just paste a code and enjoy all-round security on your full site.

Cons

Some of the features, like the GDPR aknowledgment, force you to update the pasted code every time you change something on the widget.

Fiachra from digital ideas

very good service

very good - very responsive and knowledgeable across multiple platforms. secured my sites in a matter of hours.

Pros

I like the quickness from signup to acyualy engineers looking at my site issues. Loved abeing able to see the attacker try and try from different vpns and get stopped at every angle. Dash board is neat and clear. Clinet can see the attacher in realtimne and see the threats that have been stopped

Cons

Overall i was very happy with the two clients i put this on post attack but i would like to be preemtive on my other clients but thought it was little expenisve for multiple accounts

Great Plug and Play Web Security

Astra has been fantastic so far. The attacks on my website have plummeted and I believe my website is much more secure than before.

Pros

Astra is very easy to use. All you have to do to secure a Wordpress website is to install the plugin and connect the plugin with Astra’s website. No need to mess with dozens of security options like with other plugins.

Cons

I have to manually schedule malware scans. They’re working on automating this but it’s not ready yet. Also, it lacks the ability to automatically block all countries except your own. You have to manually input all the countries you want to block.

Chaz from Leads 4

Awesome support team and peace of mind

Overall I'm really impressed with ASTRA. I plan to use it on client sites and have recommended it to my friends.

Pros

Astra is easy to implement and gives you an extra layer of security and the option of support if someone is able to infect or hack your website. Their customer support is also really impressive.

Cons

Extra WordPress security options would be nice, like two factor authentication

Response from Astra Security

Replied June 2019

Chaz, thank you so much for your encouraging words. We will try to incorporate that feature in future. Also, you can contact our support to help you to implement best security practices for your website. It's a pleasure securing your website too :)

Stelian from OmercoSuplimente

Industry: Sporting Goods

Best antivirus and defender

Pros

Before my site was attacked with hundreds of viruses and astra helped block them all

Cons

Nothing to complain about this software.

Response from Astra Security

Replied January 2019

Thank you so much, Stelian! Glad Astra could help you with your website's security, we'll continue to do that :)

Brett from Texas Select Vapor

Industry: Tobacco

Easy to use security for OpenCart

Pros

I really like that we can see our level of security from our account dashboard. We can see problem areas and address them right away.

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints. Everything works as promised!