All Minitab Reviews

Ganapathy

Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Minitab 19 user review

I've used Minitab all the way from version 15 to 19 for in-depth statistical data analysis and I have yet to be disappointed.

PROS

An entire handbook of Statistics is built into its highly underrated Help menu

CONS

Nothing really! When will Minitab 20 be released?

Lucy

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

One of the most comprehensive statistical analysis tools

I think Minitab is really good for people who want to do research or work on projects in manufacturing processes. It's been useful in my research projects, like improving manufacturing techniques. It helps me get results, and figure out important factors from the experiments I do. I highly recommend it.

PROS

Minitab is a great tool that helps us look at different information all in one place. We use it at our company to study data we get from our processes. We put all the data from different parts of our company into Minitab. This helps us figure out new things and make changes. The best parts of Minitab are:It's easy to put data in quickly. We can make tables and graphs to organize the information.Minitab can predict things based on the data we put in. It looks at old and new data to see if things are getting better or worse.It's easy to use. We can put things where we want them.We can work together with our coworkers. Minitab lets us look at lots of data together in real-time.

CONS

Minitab costs a lot and learning to use Minitab is not easy indeed.

Huy

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Good tools for researchers, analyst

We have been using this software for more than 10 years in the company. It very helpful for our improvement projects. However, that was not easy when we think to use the output from Minitab to apply in our manufacturing information system or think how to apply the advantage of Minitab to our big-data.

PROS

- Very common tool and that can be used for root cause analysis, problem solver and especially in the project needs to work with data (6 Sigma projects) - The guideline and assistance function in the tool is quite helpful for the beginner - Customer support is great as you can call, email and they can work out with you for the solution quickly. - The output/report makes sense with all logic and statistics result

CONS

- The learning curve is quite long, needs to invest both time/money to know how to use the tool efficiently - The graph/report output is not perfect and sometimes it requires time to make it up - Big gap to integrate with other systems, meaning you only use this offline, no options to interface with other databases. That also shows the limitation when import/export file.

Rubie

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2023

Lean Black Belt must have

I have solved several situations related to production process. With the graphs, visuals and statistics I can understand the current process and identify if the process is in control or not. As a Lean Black Belt it is a must have.

PROS

If you are a lean expert you must have this application. As a Black Belt, I need this to be able to take decisions for improvement projects. This helps you understand the process and make possible predictions. Also the graphs and visuals helps you explain the process to the top management and others. It is great to see trends and identify major offenders.

CONS

To use the application probably you must need a training from an expert to have a better understanding of all features. And another thing is you must know basic concepts of statistics.

José Luis

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Minitab, the best tool for quality management

I used minitab to run time series plots, charts and control charts, as well as Pareto charts, fish bone charts. I really felt like a Black Belt using this tool, all the quality data was presented to the upper management using minitab.

PROS

I remember using this software at college, on my quality control and Quality management classes. 6 years before, I was working as a Quality chief on a roofing company and got the chance to purchase it for problem solving, advanced data analysis and charting tasks for Six Sigma. I loved it, I really liked how it can handle a large array of statistical analysis. I also liked the tutorials that came with the software, they were very easy to understand.

CONS

Nothing! I would recommend it without hesitation!

Josh

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed September 2018

Powerful to a Fault

PROS

MiniTab is incredible... it flattens a decade worth of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt practice into a one-stop-shop calculator tool. If you're like me, then you've built hundreds of Excel tools from first-principles... which means your transition into Minitab should be fairly easy. As long as you take this product seriously, you'll be fine... but it's not meant for casual users.

CONS

Even understanding first principles of numerical management, this product can be a little disorienting at first. It's like a swiss army knife with a thousand tools... you're never quite sure where to find what you need. While the product integrates well with Excel, it can be easy to make a mistake in the way your data is formatted before entering. If you're working with someone who isn't at the LSSBB level, they literally won't understand anything about this product.

Lonnie

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2018

The best tool for statistical analysis and graphical representation of data.

Easy analysis, amazing graphing. The best tool for statistical analysis.

PROS

The software is easy to use, but also provides plenty of support/help resources. Provides the widest array of statistical analysis tools. The graphical outputs are amazing. I am able to constantly wow executive leadership with Minitab's control charts and other diagrams.

CONS

Although many options are available for individual users that make costs effective, justifying the cost of the software to my organization has been challenging.

Adam

Biotechnology, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2018

Indispensable Tool for Six Sigma

I'm happy with it. Minitab does what it's supposed t do and can be extended to do more.

PROS

Minitab has everything I need to perform analytics for manufacturing and the service industry. It's nice to put in large datasets and get clean graphs for my perusal. That being said, I don't know how well it functions for anything outside of Six Sigma. The Quality Trainer package is a good way to learn how to use the software as well as the major concepts behind it, especially since many of the people who go into SS or Lean frequently can stand to refresh their statistics knowledge. The price may seem a bit steep, but it has plenty of features and, presumably, it's a necessary and deductible business expense for your consultation firm -- unless you just enjoy playing with it. That's cool, I won't judge you.

CONS

*It doesn't produce especially pretty graphs *I prefer coding in MATLAB *It can take a while to learn. Again, you're probably using this for a job that you'll be working for years or decades, so that's not really an issue.

Kadir

Automotive, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2019

Essential tool for 6-Sigma projects

We are using this tool as a statistical data solver. You can understand the problem's inputs and effects. Weibull distrubition is the easy way to understand most cases behaviour.

PROS

I've been using this program since got the 6-Sigma green belt certificate. Best assistant to work through statistical study.

CONS

Program can be develop the some tools as an user friendly. Visual appearance is important for new-users.

Clif

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

Minitab review

PROS

Ease of use and the software guides you .

CONS

There needs to be a better tutorial on how to interpret the data.

Dear Clif, Thank you for your 5-star rating! We’re very grateful and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Thank you for being a fantastic advocate for Minitab. If you have any specific suggestions to enhance your data interpretation experience, please share them at techsupport@minitab.com. We’re here to assist you whenever you need help. Warm regards, Minitab

Replied January 2024

Jessica

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

It simplifies and ensures correct statistical analyses on massive datasets.

Minitab worked efficiently to simplify the statistical analysis processes, especially when dealing with large amounts of data, and this was reflected in the smoothness of our procedures, as we can conduct various analyzes, ensure the progress of operations, and achieve sufficient understanding of the results in a faster time.

PROS

Minitab makes organizing data for various statistical operations extremely easy. Minitab brings together all the tools that we need to perform multiple statistical operations such as capacity analysis, regression analysis, and other complex operations in an organized manner, and Minitab makes preparing tables and graphs of the results very simple. It's great that Minitab, with its effective tools, enables us to automate statistical analysis processes, so that we don't find any complications in dealing with big data, and enables us to quickly extract accurate results.

CONS

Nothing to worry about, as Minitab has an intuitive interface that is easy to use, which is not available in competing programs. It is necessary to know the statistics before starting to use, also you should spend an appropriate amount of time to learn how the tools work properly.

Paula

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2017

I use this analysis software with my AP Statistics students and have used it for many years.

The program allows my students to work with very large data sets and allows me to assess their analyses very easily.

PROS

I liked the package because it was a professional use package (not just deigned for classroom use) and it was still easy enough for my students to use. There is a small learning curve to overcome, but my students adapt to the package very quickly. The iterations I have used started with version 12 and I am now using version 17. They product has become more streamlined over the years and more user friendly as well. The support I have received from Minitab has been excellent and utilizing the license server for my lab allows me to deploy the package to more computers. That is a real plus when one machine goes down and I need to use all my licenses.

CONS

Some of the graphical outputs are still not as good as MS Excel, but they have been improving over the years. I wish it could do a back-to-back stem plot, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2020

Analyse the data with Minitab easily.

It is actually a reliable statistical package I have ever used. I can remember how I learnt Minitab lessons eagerly during my undergraduate period and how I recalled them and analyzed thousands of my research data.

PROS

During the four years of my university life, among all the other statistical softwares Minitab is the easiest and versatile statistical package I have ever used. Specially it is very affordable package for academics and requires less disk space as well as can be easily installed. It provides a comprehensive set of statistical features including; Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Hypothesis tests, Design of Experiments, Graphical analysis, Descriptive statistics, Correlation and Regression and etc. to perform wide variety of statistical analysis easily rather than using statistiacal codes in SAS. When I am reading research papers I have experienced that many researchers use the latest version of Minitab to the analysis of their research data. Even for my undergraduate research I used Minitab for the analysis.

CONS

Actually I haven't experienced any kind of issue while I am performing Minitab yet.

Abdessalam

Civil Engineering, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Discovering the Excellence of Minitab

I have been steadily employing this software for the past two years for Civil/manufacturing research purposes, and I'm also guiding our students to leverage this tool to generate better outcomes. Predictive tool study and time series intelligence are the most useful capabilities for this program

PROS

The most remarkable platform for acquiring knowledge and examining gives you the capability to refine the configurations with amazingly exact diagrams and graphs. Examine the results or data with their optimal figures on this practical application.

CONS

This system might incorporate some further essential features to augment its suppleness and enhance the standard of the diagrams and graphs it produces for investigation applications, rendering it more alluring and brilliant for scientists and analytic engineers.

Yi

Research, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2021

The Graph Function in Minitab is helpful

PROS

The Graph Tab in Minitab is straight forward. I usually use scatterplot and histogram functions at the beginning of my analysis in order to capture the distribution of my data. Probability Plot and Probability Distribution plot are also helpful when you are looking for parametric distribution functions to fit the data. You can also overlap two distributions in one plot for comparison.

CONS

The graphs plotted by Minitab are generally clear. However, I hope they will be more aesthetic, such as the styles of labels, coordinates, and ticks. Also, I hope we can overlap more curves on one graph in order to highlight the differences between datasets.

Amila

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Use for day to day data analysis

It really helps me to expedite my daily office work without errors.

PROS

Any person who does not have a statistical background can easily use this software for data analysis purposes like simple mean, median, mode, standard deviation to complex analysis like anova, t-test, the correlation coefficient, and principle component analysis.

CONS

When compare with Microsoft excel data feeding and editing (copy, paste) is difficult.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

An Effective Statistical Analysis Software

Overall, Minitab is a great statistical tool for complicated and big data analysis. The graphs and charts are visually appealing. There are a lot of analysis you can make and base your decisions on. It's a bit pricey but I think it's worth it for long time use.

PROS

The data visualization is beyond amazing. It is color-coded and in 3D. Regression analysis is included in the data analysis so it is easier to sort variables. There are a lot of statistical analysis available so this application is great for analyzing big and complicated data.

CONS

The price is a bit high and licensing is difficult. When purchased for corporate use, you need to connect to the company's VPN in order to use it. You can't use it offline.

Mitiku Wale