• Pros

• "This camera is easy to use and to train others to use. The images are clear and the price is very reasonable. "

• "Pretty easy to use, their sensors are pretty good. Their cameras are great. "

• "very sophisticated machine. it looks fancy, very good quality x rays. we got a new x ray system and the people over at Sota are very helpful and knowledgeable"

• Cons

• "Implementation into Dentrix wasn’t seamless. But if you don’t care for integration this isn’t an issue in terms of actual software quality. "

• "The only drawback I have encountered is that there is no foot control. that would be a nice option to have."

• "Mostly 100% , but from time to time due to probably user error, we will lose an exam. Fortunately we only have to call and 100% of the time they have been able to recover it. "

Browse SOTA Image Reviews

Sean from Grady Dental Care

We use the software daily and it works very well with our Claris intraoral cameras

This software allows me to capture images from my claris camera and works wonderful.

Pros

It makes it easy for my entire staff to use the intraoral cameras and save images once taken. We use the cameras every day at multiple office locations and we never have a problem. As a matter of fact, I can't think of an easier way for us to capture images than with the Sota software. Capterra is the best!

Cons

None, it works great!

Ghina from Ghina Morad, DMD, A Professional Corporation

I had 3 Claris Intra-oral camera. 2 of which I struggled with

treatment closure is higher because of owning it

Pros

my 2nd Claris kept getting a low resolution image and the computer would display a message stating that the device is not recognizable (without changing anything or unplugging or moving the camera to another computer- no change whatsoever). I must have called customer support over 100 times in 5 months to fix that but it kept coming back. Finally, nobody was able to fix it or diagnose the problem. I had to buy an imagine camera instead. Otherwise WHEN it works, the camera and the software are easy and fanstastic. The best feature is the ease of use

Cons

That it is not accessible through Dentrix (it's linked but not integrated fully). I also wish that the adjustment of the colors on the picture had a short cut or a button accessible to use

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied April 2018

Hello Dr. Morad, We have a new revision of the Claris drivers since the last time we spoke. These drivers may resolve your issue. Please give us a call at (888)266-7682 if you would like to update your Claris drivers.

Jeff from Pacific Northwest Dental Care

Fast but expensive

Higher productivity and enjoy the quality.

Pros

Interface and ease of use. Staff loves it especially the charting features and content transfered to office software.

Cons

Cost. Always the cost. If the price point was at a decent level. This program would sell to all offices.

Sohrab from Mill Valley Dental

Good, not great, software

When I was using SOTA sensors and cameras, it was a great software, except it’s lack of true integration into Dentrix. But overall very good software that rivals Dexis and others.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, their sensors are pretty good. Their cameras are great.

Reasons for Choosing SOTA Image

Initial cost was a major factor in my decision to choose SOTA.

Georgia from Philip Bradford DDS

The Sota Image Software has been a pleasure to use for over three years.

Good patient education opportunities. Ease of daily use with nearly non existent repairs. Fits into our office dynamic effortlessly.

Pros

New employees can learn how to use it quickly. It is easy to edit and send images. There is a good amount of format options. The images are clear for patient education.

Cons

Would like the date header to have the option to change it to the date taken. If we receive xrays from a different location the date that shows is the date of import. In order to see the date taken the mouse needs to hover over the image.

dustie from Toothzone

The best software

We went from developing x-rays to this software several years back and I have never needed or had the desire to look at other companies.

Pros

I selected this software several years ago due to the friendliness and touch screen capability. Anytime I call into customer service my call is answered in by a live person and issues are resovlved or they work directly with my IT company

Cons

It has nothing to do with Sota Imaging's software, its my server that creates a slower loading period.

angelina from Corona family Dentistry

Effortless

Easy to use and install with most practice management software or alone.

Pros

I found that its easy to use for all staff, new and old. There isn't too much trouble shooting you have to do if something comes up. Its straight forward to understand and navigate. Also the Support team is amazing. They are always very courteous and professional.

Cons

Using this cliosoft cray system with a intraoral camera has been tricky. It doesn't always work but its not complicated.

xochitl from Happy Teeth Dental

it took a little to integrate the software, however, once completed no further issues.

great quality images and easy to use and manage.

Pros

once, installed easy to use and manage. The good quality and easy to arrange and label. My team is happy with the investment.

Cons

the initial set up took a while and a few calls to customer service. It was not integrating well at first. Took our computer specialist to eventually configure on his own after our calls to the customer service department failed. Blessed to have an amazing computer tech.

evelyn from ion dental group

easy to understand

being able to view xrays from all the computers in the office

Pros

Cons

I dont there is anything i dont like about this system. but is always better to have really good working computers and having a good high speed internet

Claudio from Dental Palermo ®

Perfect companion for my intraoral camera

It is easy to use and very user friendly

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use. It is very easy to exports images from Intraoral camera and xray sensor.

Cons

Somewhat difficult to instal drivers and sometimes I receive from errors when I update Windows

Great Software but lacks stability

Great service. Beautiful software. Would easily be the best imaging software if the developers make it more stable.

Pros

Very easy to use Intuitive user interface with easy and fast navigation

Cons

Stability Concerns: we have had issues where the software randomly crashes. It’s not uncommon to get an error message where an error pop up appears saying device not detected. Also, the way the software arranges patient image folders makes it impossible to figure out which patient’s data is in the folder (e.g important if someone has a hardware failure and wants to identify the data that needs to be saved)

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied September 2018

Hello. We greatly appreciate your feedback on SOTA Image. We're always striving towards increased stability across the diverse computer system landscape. We would love to assist you in troubleshooting any issues you've been having. Please feel free to respond to us through email, support@sotaimaging.com, or you can call in, 714.532.6100. Our technical support team will be glad to help.

chong from Lambert Dental Care

I really like it. Does it's job well.

Pros

The software integrates well with my existing practice software. It is very simple to learn and use daily with most patients. All of my staff were able to quickly learn the functions available and use on a daily basis. The image quality and comparable, if not better, than other major brands I have previously used for the past twelve years of dental career. I find that the initial investment was well worth it and hope to get many additional years of quality use and function out of this software.

Cons

What do I least like about this software? Well, considering all the other competition on the market, the cost is fairly high comparable to major other name brands on the market. Not that the software is not worth the investment, I really like and appreciate the software. However, like most other products on the market, the cost can always be a factor .

Luis from Luis W Kim DDS MS Inc.

Pros

Clear images that are easy to read and manipulate. Automatic function to find patients and quickly access them.

Cons

It does not aggregate images of teeth. The import of other digital xrays cannot be altered to fit dates.

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied May 2018

Hello Dr. Kim, The date on the exam will always reflect the date that the images were imported, however, individual images within that exam can be modified with the date the image was acquired using the blue set date button located on the left side of the modify exam screen. As long as tooth numbers have been assigned to your images, the history button can be used to view and compare images side by side.

Tammy from Michael McWalters, DDS, Inc.

Good

Ease of taking x-rays and being able to lower the dose of radiation

Pros

It is our first digital software so I am unable to compare to any other product. It was quite easy to learn.

Cons

It is easy to use however I would like it better if I was able to print 2 selected x-rays from an exam and print BOTH on one sheet of paper. Also when we set FMX to be taken in a specific order it does not hold that and changes back to initial set up.

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied April 2018

Hello Tammy, You should be able to set the order of acquisition for an exam within the edit layout mode. If you would like, we can assist with modifying or creating an exam template to meet your needs. Please call our support line at (888)266-7682.

Brian from Brian Spigel DMD, PC

Good software, easy to use, excellent value. Plenty of features for manipulating digital radiographs

Pros

I think the ability to enlarge and enhance the digital radiographs is the most useful aspect. The customizing of layouts is also a positive. I also like the integration of the photos and the ability to draw on the images when explaining things to patients.

Cons

I think what I like least is that I can't move a photo or a radiograph from a prior date or examination and place it on screen next to a current one or one from any other date or exam.

Aileen from Family Dentistry

I havent have any problem with it since I bought a few years back

Good tool for patient education/ information; adjunct for dental claims

Pros

Good images most of the time, ease of use , compatible to my software, easy installation, tech support was fast the first time we used it, have not had any problem since we bought it.

Cons

Blurry image with barrier is place, can be smaller for ease of use, can not see image well when camera becomes foggy or wet

chris from Christopher M. Herman DDS Inc.

Sota Imaging software does exactly what we need for our office

Pros

The software user interface is easy to use. We are able to capture clear images easily to show patients of their needs. The zoom capability works for showing fine detail in the images.

Cons

Sometimes the software freezes. There have been times where the camera and the software are not communicating. I would like to have an autofocus.

Claudio from Dental Palermo

Best image software

Easy to export intra oral images and xrays. Easy to backup!. Great quality

Pros

Easy to use, windows friendly. Very easy to export images to share it with patients via email. It is very intuitive

Cons

Installation is very complicated. I was not able to do it on my own. However customer service is top notch and every time I had a problem they contacted me very fast!

Lindsay from Essenmacher Family Dental

Good value and modern software

Easy to use x-ray imaging software.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use, and the user interface is attractive. I have not had any issues with customer support either.

Cons

Because of where the buttons are placed, it is easy to accidentally delete an image, and it is impossible to retrieve it after it's been deleted.

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied May 2018

Hello Dr. Essenmacher, When the delete button is clicked, before any record is deleted, a confirmation window should appear that requires a yes or no response. If this window does not appear please contact support at (888)266-7682.

Shirley from Sunshine Dental Care

Best imaging software out there

Pros

love the support, clarity, and reliability. We feel Sota backs there product and are always a quick phone call away. No long waits.

Cons

Sharon from Sharon L. Albright, DDS, Inc.

I love this camera! It's easy to use and my photos are crystal clear. Good value for the money.

I was able to afford one for almost every operatory because of its reasonable price. Thank you Sota Imaging!

Claudia from La Jolla Colony Dental

Good quality.

Pros

Ease of use, is predictable, integrates with dental software, contains features to alter the image ( magnify,rotate) . You could draw on the image or make notations.

Cons

The updates are nit always automaticaly installed or advertised. Sometimes the quality of xray image is not the best.

Katie from Corona Dental Care

We haven't had any problems with Sota on the four plus years we've had it. The rep was great.

Pros

It was one of the least costly digital platforms out there. The software is very customizable and user friendly.

Cons

We really haven't had issues with the software, except occasional freeze when viewing images imported into the software program, ie images taken with digital SLR

Jan from Davis Street Primary Care/Dental Clinic

Easy to use.

Pros

I find the software very user friendly. It was easy to setup. I find the images are clear and sharp resulting in good printable images.

Cons

Nothing really. We like the easy setup. We found that this required minimal training. We actually have it on multiple computers.

Tony from General dentist

Great camera and software

Pros

Easy to setup. Easy to use. Very user friendly. Have been using for over 2 years and integrates well with dentrix.

Cons

Can not control the light on the camera. Would recommend an on/off button for light so that you can take portrait shots of faces for the chart.

Matthew from Dental Excellence of Green

Customer support has been GREAT! Absolutely great!

I can't say I like the software. When it works its great. When windows updates and it doesn't work it's a problem. Patients look at us like... haven't you used this yet?

Cons

Focusing. Causes issues in patients with limited opening. I wish you could be closer to the tooth and have a wider angle lense.

Thasanai from RVIHC

Good value for money paid but having glitches sometimes

Pros

Competitive pricing, can be adopted in with the existing radiograph tube-heads and/or system, crisp images

Cons

Do not have one button to crisp ALL images, have to go to sharpen and save image one by one which is a waste of time

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied May 2018

Hello Thasanai, You should be able to save the SOTApop 2 filter as the default filter that is applied to all X-ray images automatically when they are taken. Please call our support at (888)266-7682 to assist with changing the setting.

Excellent customer service and tech support. We're very happy with the program as well.

Pros

Ease of viewing and organizing images. Exporting images to share or for insurance processing is very simple

Cons

For my purposes, there aren't any cons to report. The software is very user-friendly and I'm able to navigate the program easily.

JESSICA from modern dentistry

We use our intraoral cameras on every patient. A photo is worth 1000 words.

Pros

Its easy to use, light weight. Portable. If we have a temp for the day its easy enough fpr them to start using.

Cons

I have no complaints. We've tried otjer cameras and this by far has been such a breeze. We have one in every room

Philip from Philip Bradford, DDS

Sota image software (clio soft) is my first foray into digital x-rays

Easy transition into digital radiography. Good value for sensors and software.

Pros

It works with my arcane practice management software. It is cheerios and cornflakes simple. Other systems couldn't communicate with our system.

Cons

I don't have much of a frame of reference. One thing is we haven't figured out how to attach an e-mail service directly to the software. That would eliminate an extra step.

Been working with them for years; Extremely satisifed

Pros

Ease of use, fast, predictable, has many features that are well needed by dentists who use digital radiology.

Cons

That it is not free but what can I expect from a great software like this; I understnad I have to pay for it!

david from David schwaber dds

Easy to use software.

Pros

Quality of the images. The images can be blown up to very large which can help in diagnosis.........

Cons

Sometimes have to back out to get back in to use this. Our wifi sometimes has difficulty connecting.

Melanie from Round Valley Indian Health Center

Love it! Great investment for our office.

INSTANT XRAYS!!!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to learn. Patients love seeing their images immediatly. Sensors are reliable and sturdy. Accessories are easily available.

Cons

Server is touchy. Somehow got on a different network and had to reimport images. Sometimes the system takes pictures of white noise.

Jung from Capital Family Dentistry

It has been reliable and the overall experience has been good.

It has relatively clear images to diagnose the caries and other problems.

Pros

It is very reliable with low maintenance, it is easy to use, it has clear images, it is easy to print or e-mail the images.

Cons

No binocular feature to enhance the image, it cannot be integrated with our current management software.

Excellent

Pros

Its good because its user friendly, integrates with our dentrix software and fast. Would recommend to anyone with a dental office

Cons

Theres nothing I dont really like about the software. I would recommend to anyone needing dental xray software.

Daniel from vSandbox

Love it

Pros

Best in class imaging software, great on a touch screen, most other software packages were not designed to work this well on a tablet.

Cons

None, works as advertised better than most other vendors, cost effective solution to allour imaging needs.

Jason from Radiant Smile Dentistry PLLC

We got claris camera, great camera good quality

I could do good quality exams

Pros

Easy to use, great quality, good handling, great support love to review this with others, good quality

Cons

Nothing, i did not see anything wrong with this product, would give a 5 star to software and hardware

randy from lowcountry dental associates

great company.. they make all the difference

Pros

results are very good ... images are very clear... once set up the ease of use is simple for everyone

Cons

could not install it without company help... certain tricks to make software perform at it's one hundred percent level

Lisa from Ruth's Place Clinic

It is very easy to use and works well.

We no longer have to use dip and dunk system for x-rays. The wait time is so much less than manually processing x-rays.

Pros

It is simple to teach someone how to use this product. The images are easily viewed and can be enlarged with very clear diagnostic ability.

Cons

the only problem is that it does not integrate with dentrix. It would be better if you could just figure out a way to be able to transfer images into any program.

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied May 2018

Hello Lisa, Bridging with Dentrix is possible with an application called Apteryx Datagrabber. Our engineers are also exploring other ways to bridge for future revisions of SOTA Image.

Helen from Petaluma Health Center

Great experience.

Pros

Very user friendly! Very clear images. Easy to use. Colorful and beautiful graphics. Glad I bought SOTA. Great customer service.

Cons

Only image is allowed in each xray spot. So, in on FMX mount, only one BW for #2, 3, #31, 30 is allowed to be saved in that spot for the BW. Sometimes you want 2 saved, because each shows different details.

Ata from Wilson Dental

Fairly easy to install and produces quality diagnostic images.

Pros

The image quality is very very impressive. The ease-of-use is impressive as well. I was easily able to call in to the helpline and get step-by-step help.

Cons

The packaging is bulky and a bit intimidating. They were seemingly a lot of pieces but I'm closer inspection it is fairly simple to organize.

I've sold several of the cameras

Pros

It works well within Eaglesoft or Dentrix. Had no issues with support, they were always helpful and quick to resolve any issues. Very competitively priced.

Cons

I think most of the issues were more hardware related, fogging, etc. Usually had a bit to do with the learning curve of the user as well.

Jane from Kurt Nishiguchi DDS

Convenient, easy to use, great for patients to see their teeth and mouth.

Pros

Versatile, easy to use. Explaining patient's current conditions is a breeze when they can see what we see.

Cons

Initially, getting the right focal point was a challenge. But in no time, we became skilled and now we can take quick photos that are very helpful.

Frank from Excel Dental Group

Industry: Cosmetics

User friendly

Pros

Easy to use. Few functions but vital & practical tools. Customer services & technical supports are very promptly available

Cons

Wish that it could be retrieved from multiple workstations simultaneously. Sometime the software MUST be closed down & reopen to access to the specific patient's file.

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied April 2018

Hello Dr. Pham, The patient lock is used to protect exam data from being accidentally overwritten. I will forward your concern to our software engineers, they may be able to improve the patient lock feature in a future release of SOTA Image.

Lindsey from Simi Dentistry

easy company to work with

Great knowledge and compassion. They also offer a Trail period so we can try the product before purchase.

Pros

Customer service was amazing and patient with all the asked question and concerns.

Cons

The sensor sizing and image quality is OK. We would buy as a back up sensor. We are happy with the quality. but the ease and helpfulness with Reps were amazing!

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied April 2018

Hello Lindsay, A support technician may be able to help you improve the images by adjusting the filter and exposure settings. Please give us a call at (888)266-7682.

Keith from Keith Bracy DDS PLLC

Overall great experience. Customer service and support very easy - always get a live person.

Pros

I like that it runs easily on a surface pro. Patients are wowed by X-rays on a tablet vs desktop monitor. Software is very easy to use.

Cons

There are some small features such as having a delete button so prominent. Also when using the spotlight feature when viewing images you lose the default filter.

Andrew from Childrens dental center of NH

Very easy to deal with this company.

Pros

Perfect integration into our own dental software. When you call the company someone answers right away as there is no phone tree. Very helpful.

Cons

Must call the company to install it on each and every computer for the first time. Not user centric but most sensors are not.

Kari from Drs Landon & Sirotinski

Cliosoft Review

Pros

It was easily integrated into our system and is very easy to use with extremely clear x-rays. Customer service is top notch!

Cons

The cord is too short and the actual sensor is a little too bulky.

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied April 2018

Hi Kari, I'm glad you are enjoying our software and sensor. You should have received an extension cord with the sensor that should have gave you a bit more length. Please call our support team at 888-266-7682, if you have any questions.

Sydney from First Family Dental

Pleasant. Nice technicians.

Able to take x-rays

Pros

Easy to use. Love the programs it comes with. For example the way I can zoom in to a specific area and get a clearer spot with the eagle eye.

Cons

X-rays get deleted by accident due to missing communication. The loading time is also a bit slow as well.

Response from Sota Imaging

Replied April 2018

Hello Sydney, Thank you for your feedback. Our software engineers are looking into ways to improve network fault tolerance.

Joe from Ban R Barbat DDS-PC

Solid product with great support

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Very straightforward to implement and works well with camera. The support is what really makes this product and the people are very helpful.

Cons

Cost of camera is pretty high especially given the Competition. Doesn't work inside Practiceworks practice management software. You have to switch back and forth. Not very convenient.