Browse MyGet Reviews

Georg from Dangl IT GmbH

MyGet as internal NuGet package repository

Pros

MyGet is used within Dangl IT GmbH as a central source for all our deployed packages, thus allowing us to structure our software projects logically and reuse existing code where applicable.

Cons

So far, we haven't had any problems with MyGet, it works as expected. We would like to see the addition of upstream sources, since we've never been able to get this working, but this is a low priority for us at the moment.

Robert from Sedulous Software, LLC

Comes close to everything I want

Overall, I've solved some serious problems that stem from trying to get everybody to have the same version of packages - developers, QA, and clients get the right stuff, and that makes a lot of work just plain go away. The setup was not horrible and consultants are productive. I can't think of a better experience!

Pros

MyGet has revolutionized how I've done consulting. I used to use Git subrepos to bring code into projects, since I didn't want to put NuGet packages in a public place. Now that I have pioneered using MyGet, a company with whom I work is pulling together all of our Maven, NuGet, and npm packages. The administration and delivery for MyGet is awesome, and uploading packages is mostly pretty easy. For the money, this is a no-brainer for the organization: we can deliver packages to clients without everybody having access to source code. I love it.

Cons

It took me some time to figure out how to get the permissions set up. There is a way to get a pre-authorized URL, which I would prefer not to do. However, I've seen NuGet have some trouble authenticating from QA machines. I don't have an answer for that, but I feel authorization could be a little more clear. I would love to see a Docker registry! I went with MyGet over GitHub's package manager because we don't use GitHub for anything else, but it was a close call. I hear that MyGet is working on Docker registries. At that point, I believe MyGet will satisfy more than my needs...like all of my wants, too.

Reasons for Choosing MyGet

I chose MyGet partly for cost, but partly because I didn't want to have to use GitHub. We host source code elsewhere, and integrating with GitHub for CI / CD seemed more onerous. MyGet has worked really well in that regard. We also looked at a couple of other services, but I cannot remember the names. Again, mostly it came down to cost. MyGet offers the best bang for the buck.

Christopher from CenterEdge Software

Ok Features. Ok Uptime.

MyGet is one of the good 3 options for a package registry as a service in my humble opinion. That being said, I'd love to see more new features (or more communication) and better up-time.

Pros

MyGet has a very good interface for looking at your feeds. The API works. They just (March of this year 2020) added snupkgs support which is nice, but they're are a few competitors which have had this for a while. While this is true with most private package registries, the registration and authentication for your registry is very simple.

Cons

The biggest difficulty for us with MyGet is their up-time. We depend on MyGet for a majority of our builds so when MyGet is down, most of our builds are down. This hit us ESPECIALLY hard during a release where we had the majority of a day (in November 2019) where we couldn't build. We actually moved some of our packages to GitHub Packages for the day so we could continue for a bit. As of 2018, new features (or at least posts about new features) have died down a bit. They appear to be either slowing down in new development or just simple not communicating as much.

Shaun from SkySync

MyGet Review

It has been easy to setup, consume, and maintain.

Pros

We needed as easy to setup and consume private nuget feed. We found that in MyGet.

Cons

Honestly, since all we were looking for was a private nuget feed that we didn't have to host, MyGet had everything that we wanted. I haven't encountered a gap in features.

Reasons for Choosing MyGet

When we first found MyGet, Azure DevOps was still VSTS and lacked features while being too expensive. Recently, we have considered switching since we have MSDN subscriptions that includes enough credits to make it "free".

Avi from OnceHub

Go get MyGet

Solid performant service.

Pros

MyGet lets us build and store our private npm packages, as well as keep a copy of every dependency we use so we are protected from another leftpad incident. We are also able to protect ourselves from an old dependency being taken over by a malicious maintainer.

Cons

It's hard to update dependencies of dependencies of dependencies. (3 levels deep). 2nd level dependencies are easily updated.

Reasons for Choosing MyGet

Price and ability to keep copies of dependencies directly.

Great compatibility

Easy to use and followed by developers. User and access maintenance nightmare.

Pros

In our company we have a few technology stacks, MyGet has become a single repository of our dependencies that can accommodate various type of feeds (NPM, NuGet and Bower)

Cons

Separate user management and MyGet is managing separate identity (although SSO is setup) which cause ex-employees remain have access to the feeds.

Reasons for Switching to MyGet

Avoid maintenance of on-premise server

Oussema from ALD

Great tool !

Pros

MyGet enables us to quickly deliver shared code base (100+ packages) to all of our teams. The setup is really easy, adding a new user consists of sending an email invite, generating the pre authenticated url and voilà (no msdn subscription or such needed)

Cons

Nothing, we absolutely like everything about this product.

Israel from Redgate software

Essential for package release automation

I use MyGet on my personal projects. It is is integrated with my CI where the generated Nuget packages (.net) are published to it. Once I'm satisfied with the Nuget package being stable, I manually push upstream from MyGet to Nuget

Pros

Setting up an account and getting up and running with MyGet is fairly easy. It's clear to see that it's a tool that makes your life easier when publishing your packages.

Cons

When I first started using it the navigation between your projects/packages and its versions didn't feel natural to me. But it was just a 5 minutes thing to learn how things are structured in the app, and then you overcome the issue.

Boris from Fraedom

It is fine

easy to use for me as a user

Pros

MyGet manages software packages, it works well as SaaS for us.

Cons

as MyGet goes offline sometimes, I'd like to see on-prem active backup option.

Jozef from Motilr

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Jad1951 with Sencha

Pros

Easy to find the components I need to implement

Cons

For me it was complicated to understand the software philosophy. After it is rather easy to use

Jason from Stony Brook University

Best private package repository around

Pros

My team has been using MyGet for several years now. Before using MyGet we had a hodgepodge of homegrown private package repositories and it was a burden on our team to maintain them. Integrating MyGet into our toolstack and build servers was seamless and painless. Our team recouped valueable time after migrating to MyGet and was able to use that saved time towards actually writing our software. I'd say the best feature of MyGet is the wide support for different package sources.

Cons

I wish there was a way to do Single Sign On through either SAML2P, Shibboleth or CAS. That's probably the only feature lacking right now that we really want. MyGet recently, in the grander scheme of things, implemented 2FA and that was a really big win for us.

Josh from AMS Controls

Industry: Industrial Automation

Was great...until we had a problem requiring support.

We use it to distribute our software. New builds are posted on myget and installed with chocolatey. It was great, until the day it wasn't and then it was terrible. The complete and utter lack of ownership of the problem was the most frustrating part. I would not recommend myget to anyone based on this. We will move off of it without hesitation once we have an alternative.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to use, and generally low cost. We got our feed set up and didn't touch it for a long time.

Cons

At some point late 2020 our artifact size went over 100MG per build. We started getting rejections when trying to post it. The error message was clear, we needed to pay for more capacity. Ok, no problem. So we paid for more capacity...and the error didn't go away. We gave it a few days, still didn't correct itself. Contacted support. They made a ticket but there was no progress. This goes on for months. We are manually uploading builds this whole time (while paying the increased rate!). Support keeps saying they can't help personally, they don't know when someone who can will look at it, and that's it. It totally sucked.

Grant from Scribestar Ltd

Easy Setup and Integration. MyGet just works

Pros

It was very easy to sign up and setup. We combine github, teamcity, MyGet, and Octopus Deploy to give us an automated build and deploy process. We also use MyGet as a source for our own custom written chocolatey packages. MyGet also allows for easy management for example, configuring retention rules, marking favourite package versions, or upgrading the subscription levels.

Cons

It would be good to have an api to mark favourite builds to keep without having to log into the portal. For example so when we deploy a production release we can have an octopus deploy step which marks the packages used in that deployment as a favourite build so they arent cleared away automatically by the retention rules.

sanjana from Willis Towers Watson

Excellent package management platform

Overall I really like using MyGet in my organization managing our packages and feed details. Easy touse after you get a hang of it.

Pros

MyGet is great to work with Software dependencies and package management between different members in a development team. It is very easy to create/share private NuGet feeds. I also like the feature that you are able to create private repositories and it's Integration with Visual Studio Team services while working in a .net environment, thereby lessening load for DevOps working your organization. It is easy, fast and secure to use.

Cons

The User Interface is not very informative about the features it has to offer. It can sometimes be an overhead to manage your packages in a different platform but it is definitely worth the effort.

alessandro from sage

Mostly used by companies that now are getting away from it

i ve used for a while, as a user i can only complain about the thing i've described in the previous section

Pros

I've used myget in 2 different organizations and both of them got away from it. I think that the main reason is that myget is just about package managment . But there are other tools who do a lot more. So they prefer to use a single tools to save money and avoid using multiple tools within the same organization

Cons

that it lets you overwrite an existing version of a package. it was always a problem that we had to solve on our side. you should have some kind of option that would deny an existing package to be overwritten later on with a package with the same name and version

Single Package Management for all the requirements

Yes, I loved this product. it really helped me a lot in managing my required packages during coding. It is very reliable in order to trust it. I am having a great time using it, it helps you and you don't need to go again and again over the internet to find out the packages, it provides all of them in a single packet.

Pros

It contains all the packages and provides you a very easy approach to use them. you can use any language to write your code and need any kind of packages in your program, you can simply go for MyGet.

Cons

Yes, you can't expect everything in a single product or tool. So here also we have some of the things which need to be overcome like:- customization of MyGet with other tolls or products, it is really very hard to customize it and also it would be great if it can come up with some scripts.

Reasons for Choosing MyGet

Because it provides the easiness in your whole working scenario as for as importing the packages is considered.

Gonçalo from NeuroGEARS Ltd

Gets your software distribution off the ground

By providing free hosting for open-source projects, MyGet really helped to bring our free software project off the ground in terms of distribution.

Pros

The ability to host a curated feed to our users. This was essential as it gave them a much needed shield from all the noise in communal package managers.

Cons

Literally nothing relative to the core of the product itself. Some basic features such as changing the logo of the feed feel like they should be easy to change. However reaching out through support was not a great way to put you directly in touch with the development team.

Florent from Humblebee

Vinngroup MyGet review

Pros

I really appreciate a centralised registry allowing us to host packages for several languages such as node.js (NPM) and .NET (NuGet). Authentication and publication is pretty straightforward, once tooling is in place with for instance semantic-release, it is as easy as merging PR to master to get a new version up and running.

Cons

The administration of feeds could be a bit simplified. We have a feed that is owned by one of our administrator, but the subscription is linked to our client. The issue is that forwarding ownership // subscription, if I understand it correctly require to reset the payment method, which is something tricky in our case... I would like more flexibility in the subscriptions, to be able to forward ownership without risking to lose the plan even temporarily.

Vladimir from Aquiva Labs

MyGet review

We're using MyGet to host NuGet private feed with our libraries. So far the overall experience is really great.

Pros

• the approach with the pre-authenticated feeds is great since it simplifies the access in CI/CD scenarios • legacy subscriptions are still active, thank you!

Cons

• a little bit immature UI, but this is a pretty minor thing

Fabio from AUTOCOSMOS

Must to have

Pros

If you have a large/medium prj with reusable components/libraries and a distributed team, MyGet is the place where shares anything needed easily.

Cons

Perhaps a more flexible cost plan, like a "per user"... even if I can understand that it is not so easy to take it under control.

Bob from Infor

So good I don't think about it

It was very easy to set up and start using MyGet feeds. The hardest part was getting my company to find an approved vendor to buy it through.

Pros

I don't think about MyGet very much. There's a good reason for that. I set it up, and it just works.

Cons

So far, there's nothing not to like and we use it every day.

Jonah from RMDY Mobile NV

MyGet does where it's built for

With MyGet it's easy to share our libraries between each other. Before this, we added the entire code to the current project we were working on. If something broke, we couldn't go back to the working version. By creating nuget packages and submitting them to MyGet, we can share our code easily and can always go back to a working version.

Pros

MyGet does where it's built for, delivering nuget packages via a private feed. It's fast and reliable.

Cons

The backend to setup feeds isn't really UI and UX friendly.

Johan from ezy

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Superreliable and easy to use

I wish all sass products was as reliable.

Pros

What i like most about MyGet is that its always available. We have used it for many years every single day and NEVER had any issues with it. Pricing is also resonable.

Cons

I dont have any complaints. It fits our needs perfectly.

andrzej from pgs-soft.com

A year experience

Comparing to nuget.org it's great extension with not .NET code and with it we handle in our company full stack code packages.

Pros

Clarity of the console, reliability. Account management. Handling repositories like npm.

Cons

Layout could be more consistency. I think chat contact is a great idea.

Kristian from Dyme Solutions Oy

Get the job done

Pros

MyGet supports all our needs while costing less than other viable alternatives. The ability to host more types of packages is a good plus point and we''ll most likely utilize it later. All in all MyGet has really helped us maintain parts of our operation easier than just having dependencies locally or in git.

Cons

Setting up took a little time since we already had quite a bit of software using local dependencies, but that is not a weakness of MyGet. There is not much to dislike since it has been mostly smooth sailing. I do wish package retention rules allowed for more flexibility and granularity, currently it is a bit too easy to have retention rules remove released and used packages instead of snapshot or release candidates.

Why to have separate package manage if one can do all for you

overall it was a mind blowing and new type of thinking and design I have had never seen in this type of software which will ease your life from learning 4-5 bower which make me blown away with this awesome idea

Pros

Since our company relies on visual studio for c# and npm for js packages managing all differently for all the parts was too difficult then my friend told me about MyGet and my life is awesome now best part is ease of use just nothing to do at all for any thing

Cons

Some times integrations is tricky and makes thing complicated auditing also fails at times

Mike from Clear Measure

A decent solution if you need a private NuGet feed

Pros

Easy to setup and maintain. Pretty much stays out of your way and requires very little maintenance.

Cons

It's slow to get new features that one could find in a public repository like NuGet.org.

Marco from 4ward

A good package repository manager

Host all my packages in a single endpoint

Pros

It is easy to install and it is not difficult to use. The update process is simple.

Cons

Improve the Azure Active Directory integration guide

Amala Easwari from TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES

Good

Pros

NuGet Package reference made easy- easy to update latest references

Cons

i am not a pro user, so not sure what can be improved

Antonio from Buildium

The package management tool for all your needs!

Pros

- Easy to implement and configure - Huge amount of packages supported - Very responsive customer service - Package vulnerability scans

Cons

- Lack of reporting capabilities like package size over time, vulnerabilities found over time, most/least used packages, etc

Ilya from Rush

Overpriced, unstable, cumbersome

It is in the backlog to seek a replacement and it is guaranteed to happen. It isn’t an attractive offer anymore given what I mentioned above. The only thing that’s stopping us is that many moving parts depend on that NuGet feed, so it’s not a quick lift and shift.

Pros

It’s a NuGet feed I don’t need to set up and maintain.

Cons

I only need NuGet feed functionality. Updated plans include a lot of other stuff I will never use, but will be paying for and they don’t include nearly as much storage capacity for the same money. Attempts to update the plan failed... it just wasn’t working at all. Over the last few months there have been several major outages that paralysed our workflow for considerable time. The service seems to be poorly designed in terms of availability judging by explanations of the issues in Twitter.

Matt from NTC

Simple and effective package management solution

Pros

MyGet is really easy to use, and we were up-and-running with a full NuGet feed within minutes. We didn't have the staff or the resources to dedicate to hosting our own feed, so it was great to have a solution that just worked without having to spend too much time or money setting it up.

Cons

I don't have any issues with the software at all; We use it to do one thing, and it does that thing well - and has done for years.

Robert from Monza Cloud, LLC

Good Value

Good, we run our whole development team on this

Pros

This product just works, it's easy to use and the feeds never really lag.

Cons

Feeds can get a bit slow during peak hours

Gert Jan from Info Support

Software is nice, but helpdesk lacks

When it runs, it is very nice.

Pros

We use MyGet as a mirror for chocolatey packages.

Cons

The support from the helpdesk is not very good.

Skip from WPC

Industry: Publishing

It works

This was worth the effort

Pros

I moved all my packages from an internal server to this service. There was very little impedance during the move. Performance is at least as good as what it was on my server.

Cons

I don't see any particular downsides. This meets my needs.

Rob from Bertus Groothandel & Distributie B.v.

Industry: Music

Still need to make up my mind about Capterra

Experience with customer support was excellent but stems from before take over by Capterra. Have not needed customer support after that so cannot judge. Please don't change the product.

Pros

It does exactly what we need it to do. UI is clear.

Cons

Not able to execute unit tests with latest version of NUnit. Had to exclude testing of the MyGet build.

MyGet - Great value and simple solution for private packages

Overall a good experience. The service is fairly reliable. It's the right tool for the job - you don't need to use a jack-hammer to drive a nail, you need a hammer. MyGet does the job reliably and simply when that's exactly what is needed.

Pros

It's very easy to set up build services that trigger from a cloud-based git repository like Bitbucket.

Cons

Customer service response times are not very good for a product that's mission-critical to my release pipleline.

Soeren from Siemens AG

An easy way to get a NuGet Server up and running

Pros

Great Customer Support. Several missing smaller features were implemented very quickly at our request.

Cons

The different versions of the API and they way they were presented occasionaly were confusing.

Package Management FTW!

MyGet packs a big punch for the value. It is one less server/environment I have to maintain. I can focus on my core role without doing extra IT tasks.

Pros

Updating my packages automatically from a git commit is stellar. Very few people need to understand the setup only source control.

Cons

It is not always obvious why a build did not trigger (such as from a commit). I have also found that Visual Studio will sometimes refuse to install the packages if it finds the dependencies even slightly confusing.

telly from JHA

Quick delivery of your open source project

I really enjoy using it. I dont use it at work but I am taking lessons learned from opensource / myget and utilizing it in future projects.

Pros

I kiked that it was free to use since I was doing open source dev.

Cons

The only real problems I had were around learning build related functions to what I wanted to achieve and not really related to the product. If I had to ask for something it would be to reduce wait times on builds during first few days of a new project. Because getting the build script working is a pain.

If you need a hosted package management tool, MyGet is IT

Amazing. When we had questions they were available to answer and they provide an amazing service.

Pros

MyGet is a unique service that provides hosted private package management for almost every platform available. It's amazing, easy to use and a great price

Cons

Nothing really at all. Their support is amazing and their offerings are awesome.

Nhan from FireEye

Decent product since there is no real replacement at the time

Pros

MyGet is very easy to use. It incorporates well with our projects initially. We started with the free trial, but then we upgraded to the paid subscription version to better fit our team needs.

Cons

The overall performance is quite bad. Uploading and downloading speed is significantly slower than expected. We also have issues with throttling without advanced noticed that break our projects and require us to build in unnecessary mitigation. Customer support was non-existent at the time.

Xiao from Dynamsoft

A Place for Managing All My Distribution Packages

It's good for testing my packages before publishing them to their official sites.

Pros

- I can use it for free. - It supports importing NPM, Pypi, Nuget and Maven packages. - I can update packages without updating version numbers.

Cons

Not like pypi.org, I can't upload multiple Python wheel packages, which are built for different platforms, in the same version number.

Geovanni from Unosquare

Excellent solution for your private Nuget Repo

Pros

You can start publishing nugets easily, and share the repo with the rest of your team in minutes.

Cons

So far I don't have any issues with the platform.

Erik from Emg - Educations Media Group

Simple is good

My nicest solution with myget was to use it as an aggregating and caching stream for chocolatey when using boxstarter and chocolatey to set up new machines and images

Pros

The simplicity to use it, to set up new feeds in various ways and the support for different systems and types of packages

Cons

Sometimes some more overview, events and search functionality would be good to have

Rahul from Select Source International

Nice package manager alternative for NPM

i am using it as a centralized package manager, instead of NPM

Pros

i am using this product from last 6 months this is very nice tool, it is very simple to use it, you can easily integrate it.

Cons

it has very less package support,custom script is not working in this tool.

Rahul from PDI Software

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Boost Productivity

Pros

Easy to use and implement it in our project

Cons

I have not thought of this yet but I'll share when I come across.

Easy for C# Development

Pros

Visual studio integration is a breeze. It helps keep IP easy to use internally.

Cons

not clear how to share feeds with other people initially.

At my fingertips

I find it easy to navigate the categories and review software. The video descriptions are helpful.

Pros

Capterra helps me find niche software companies I may have never found otherwise. The reviews help me with my selection.

Cons

I have some difficulty returning to my previous screen after a search result that yields zero records.

George from Zoomicon

One package source to rule them all

Pros

Love that MyGet supports multiple sources, mirrors them to shield you from changes and check for vulnerabilities too.

Cons

Has a learning curve (not that steep nevertheless).