All Lucidchart Reviews

Maciej

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2021

One of the best mind-mapping tools on the market

Lucidchart is easy to use out of the box, has tons of features making it useful in basically every use case I can imagine. No cheap customer lock-in. You can easily export your projects and switch to another tool.

PROS

Abundance of features, which makes this software so versatile. You can basically use it for every task and project. I mainly use it for mind-mapping and brainstorming, but it's also equally useful for taking notes, story-boarding, gathering ideas, presenting, drawing graphs, schemes and organisational charts, Gantt timelines, or even team building (it works great as an online whiteboard). What I really love is ease of use and multitude of features. Every time I wish I could do something, it turns out it's possible. Seems like developers really thought about everything and listen closely to their users and use cases. Also, you don't really feel that the software is locking you in--you can export your projects to similar software/platforms, e.g. Visio.

CONS

Getting to know some features takes time and energy, documentation and tool tips have some space for improvement. Also, licencing model could be more friendly for small companies or people who use it as backup/auxiliary software only (en entry level paid subscription model).

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Abundance of additional features, ease of use, short learning curve, user-friendly UI.

Christian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Excellent app for flowcharts and collaborative teams

Lucidchart is amazing for creating high-quality, visually appealing charts and diagrams. Although its primary function is in flowcharts, its versatility is immense. It's easy to use, and we appreciate how well it works with Confluence.

PROS

Lucidchart is my go-to software for making system diagrams, modeling data, and analyzing and bettering business processes. It works wonderfully for each of these purposes. Using Lucid is a breeze because of its drag-and-drop interface.

CONS

The functionality of Lucidchart are behind those of some installed alternatives because it is a web-based tool. I also find it frustrating that there appears to be no method to attach a connector to a form in such a way that the connector would automatically re-orient itself when I re-position the shape, as is often the case when trying to optimize a procedure.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Extremely convenient for online teamwork and information sharing. Non-artistic or technically-inclined persons can use it with ease to create diagrams and charts. It gets even better because it integrates with other programs like Google Docs.

Sarojben

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Lucidchart Review

PROS

What I like most is its ability for users to visualize difficult ideas / situations in a simpler way.

CONS

What I like least about Lucidchart is the price we have to pay in order to get advanced features. The high tier plans come with user minimum requirements.

Mario

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Very expensive compared to other products

Cost was a over all factor when looking into this product.

PROS

I did like its user interface. I Admin portal was easy to use also. Adding SSO was easy to understand.

CONS

The price was high compared to other products. Also there was no bulk export to Visio and had to do one by on.

Cost

Reviewed February 2024

Great tool for diagrams and documentation

PROS

The ease of use. The many advance features with layers etc. Easy to collaborate on diagrams as well. Possibility of integrations with API.

CONS

Default styling/design of diagrams could look better. It would be great with some templates/styles that looks modern out-of-the-box. That said they are still doing better in this area than many other similar tools.

Reason for choosing Lucidchart

Works in a browser. More features and API.

Divaldo

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

Excellent tool to put visible ideas

I was able to quickly create many diagrams and procedure flowcharts, after 3 hours of use I got used to it and could finish flowcharts in record time.

PROS

First of all it is a tool with a very clean design. It's excellent for those who aren't very technical to start putting ideas into practice, in particular I'm good at making diagrams, flowcharts of procedures. Excellent export functionality for sharing.

CONS

I didn't find any negative points, maybe one of the plans should allow more users at the same price.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

I needed to know how to create diagrams and flowcharts in record time and I started experimenting with different tools, when I got to this one I continued.

Agha Imran

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Good BPM Tool

PROS

Used it to map internal processes and assign tasks. The most important factor for us was the ability to map the process and then change them when needed.

CONS

It was hard to navigate through the free trial and particularly to use with multiple users in the same organization.

Rob

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Excellent for flow charts

PROS

Great for estimating critical path and process flows.

CONS

Difficult to space icons and generate straight arrows

Aleah

Consumer Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Game changer

PROS

OMG, when my coworker stumbled across Lucidchart it was a game-changer for our team! At the time we were having issues with the whiteboard (via Zoom). She introduced us to this and we seriously did not use whiteboard anymore lol. It is so easy, interactive, and fun to use

CONS

I do not have anything negative to say about Lucidchart

Rodrigo

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

It is awesome to handle multiple projects

PROS

The graphical interface is awesome, how you can see the charts

CONS

I cannot say any, con, I am happy how it is.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Lucid honest review for design

PROS

Drag and drop features are so useful and easy to use, i can efficiently create flow charts ,data flow digrams and much more for my current project

CONS

Some times its crashes.. and premium plan is so costly

Balaji

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2022

A nice platform to use for your wireframe, mockup tasks

This is on of the good tool to use for all your wireframe, mockup works. I still use this for my simple tasks for workflow, process and wireframe works. Some of the features are not available since it requires a paid subscription. The platform is getting revised with lot of new and useful features and I hope it's going to be a best one. May be one day this can be an alternative for Photoshop ;-)

PROS

It's a cloud based software and quick to access. We can access it via our gmail id as SOS login. When it comes to feature, there are some great options which I like most. Like the layer option is a pretty good feature and it reminds me the Photoshop software. Though it's not a sophisticated feature but a nice one to have for this kind of software. The other thing is Lucidaspark, its looks more classic and spacious. The drag and drop option, multiple export file options are the few best features to name.

CONS

I can't arrange the layer as a whole. It always allow me to arrange the elements within the layer and not the layers itself. For ex., I have 3 layers where one of the layer is a background image which I want to push behind the 2 other layers which is not possible if I create the background layer last. This is something frustrating for me to fix.

Reason for choosing Lucidchart

It's more comfortable to use and its a cloud platform. Initially we are able to use most of the features for free. So, we choosed Lucidchart

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

It was not comfortable to use at that time. So we started looking for some alternative and found Lucidchart

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Just a great tool professionally and personally

Helped 4x my income. I was able to communicate more, by saying less. This allowed C-suite leaders to quickly “see” what I was “saying” without having to utter more words than were necessary. My value to clients and companies exponentially grew by adding this tool

PROS

How quickly I could get other teammates to start using it and start integrating in into their work. I even got my family to start using it for planning vacations and holiday travel and logistics.

CONS

I love video games and some of my favorite RPGs start of in a “learning island” or “tutorial mountain,” Lucid had a “throw you into the pool” kind of onboarding and I would have liked a little more guided entry. It’s not a flaw and 90% of the time, I would prefer the “pool” approach. That said, there were lots of tools and tutorials that I reluctantly went back to once I realized I needed more training

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Because having one slide at a time to tell a story or make a graphic or orientation was not always enough. After a few days with Lucid, my stories and presentations skyrocketed and my clients noticed the difference.

Marie

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Visio made it to the cloud and being collaborative

The tool provides seamless cooperation on process drawings/diagrams and makes it very easy to build it together. I like the possibility to indicate the status of the drawing, despite it being cloud one. I like the "Visio-like" experience as I'm the old guard. The overall experience is not bad as such, but it is hard to navigate sometimes with all those templates popping up on a landing page. UI is very clean when it comes to the drawing/designing part. Also usage of those templates is not always straightforward, especially those with underlying data. However, I would not recommend it for any wireframes and such, there are better tools for that.

PROS

I love, the cooperation portion of it. That I do not have to send out ppts or something, but rather collaborate on stuff in the tool and get the best result because of that. It saves so much time.

CONS

The welcome page is very crowded, There are all these templates popping up. I'm storing all direct links to my drawings, because I find it very hard to find them otherwise. Also I do not like, that I can get to the list of my drawings from a different page, then the drawing one.

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

I needed to be able to collaborate on my drawings and not be bound by a corporate licence to use Visio, since I'm a consultant, and also I wanted to keep all of my drawings in one place regardles of who I'm working for

Thomas

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Collaboratively work on an idea to workflow to wireframe prototype all in one place

Very positive as it was very easy to collaboratively and remotely discuss new ideas, work flows and prototypes in one hub, instead of switching tools.

PROS

The clean interface and real-time collaboration helps boost efficiency and creativity as we can quickly take an idea and break it down to iterate on together.

CONS

Performance can be slower when dealing with larger, more complex diagrams. Additionally, the learning curve can be quite steep, especially when moving beyond basic diagrams and functionality, needs better guidance.

Reason for choosing Lucidchart

User interface, ease of use, former team members using LucidChart and the pricing point were the most important factors

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

User interface and former team members using the product was the main reason we switched

Tyler

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Great Software for Marketing and Development Teams

I have been very pleased with Lucid chart and have brought it with me in the last 3 jobs I have been at. Its always on the top priority of my software list.

PROS

This allows use to easily share and visualize workflows, wireframes, and user stories with all the team members involved in a project.

CONS

I haven't really found anything I don't like about LucidChart I have been very happy with it.

Features and Ease of Use

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

Lucid Chart has so many more features that I am able to use and its a lot more collaborative.

Kishore

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2016

My Review after using Lucidchart.

I'm an Engineering Graduate Student. This is my Review after using Lucidchart for a Month. I'll be giving review about the product after use in a class project. Some problems are complex enough that you may not know how to ask the right question. That's where Web Apps come in. With a few clicks, these form based course assistants solve many types of problems which are commonly encountered in your classes, no questions asked. Create engaging lectures and materials by uploading your own real world data, or draw on thousands of data sets already available in Lucidchart. Tailor the look of your results with customiszble visualizations. The color, style, and elements of generated charts and plots can be customized and downloaded. And export results in 60+ file types. You can download results in various formats like XLS, PDF etc. There's so much you can do. They are always adding more content and more features to help you create the best classroom experience possible. So, that's good that it gets regular updates.

PROS

HUNDREDS OF TEMPLATES & EXAMPLES: - Flowcharts - UML - ERD - Wireframing / iOS Mockups - Network Diagrams - Org Charts - Mind Maps - BPMN POWERFUL & EASY TO USE: - Hundreds of shapes with easy drag and drop functionality - Export to PDF, PNG, JPG and Microsoft Visio (.vdx) - Integrations with Google Drive, Confluence, JIRA, and Jive at no additional cost - Dedicated support team to address your questions BUILT FOR COLLABORATION: - Real time collaboration - Unlimited number of simultaneous collaborators - Powerful version control and revision history - Group chat and comments - Embed diagrams in blogs, wikis or websites SECURE & RELIABLE: - All data transferred using SSL with AES-256 bit encryption - Hourly backups stored across multiple data centers - 99.9% uptime SLA for enterprise customers - Admin-specified password strength and reset frequency requirements ROBUST FOR ADMINS: - Upgrade other users to administrators to help manage users - Set whether new users automatically join the team or require an invitation - Control which domains your team can collaborate with outside your company.

CONS

I found customers (who already use LucidChart) sometimes shared their diagrams with just the employee needing it "right then". However if someone else needed to work on it they didn't have access, and usually didn't have the rights to be able to share it with other people in our company. I wish when customers shared it with someone in our team that it was automatically shared with everyone in the team. This was such a big issue for us we ended up canceling out company subscription and converting it to a single user subscription forcing everyone to log in using the same account. Issue resolved with customers sharing with us.

Adam

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

Using the Suite Almost Every Day

Love it and love how easy it is to use and get people connected to procedures where they had no idea how their inputs or outputs affect the overall motion of activity.

PROS

It is so simple to get in and start creating documents. You don't need much experience at all and can find a wealth of information out there on getting started. Its ability to export in PDF is great for those folks who don't have access. The other nice part about the export is that you can embed links into the document which those users can then click on to go to internal sites, knowledge articles, or program/project locations

CONS

Sometimes presenting complex flows can be a challenge where you have multiple parties acting on a process. In other words, as you progress left to right, or up and down, you lose site of who the actor is titled in this swimlane. If the 'cells locked' or if a floating key could follow you as you present that would get everyone on board much faster.

Matthew

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Beats Vizio Hands Down!

I am responsible for projects that are needed to enhances processes for my department, and Lucidchart has made this a million times easier than it was when I used Vizio. I also have to create the process flows for my staff, and again this has made my life so much easier, and given me a lot of time back in my which is simply priceless!

PROS

The ease of use, and pre-made templates for all things 'flow' are phenomenal. I used to use Vizio, but Lucidchart is so much easier, and intuitive, to use. I use for everything from org charts to project/process flows - have even used to make a floor plan for our department.

CONS

There is nothing I have come across yet that would be a negative from me. I have used templates from almost every section and have others throughout the organization using it now too.

Reason for choosing Lucidchart

Again, it was the sheer ease of use, and jam packed features of Lucidchart that made it stand above the rest. Basically, if you need flowchart software, then Lucidchart just can't be beat!

Reasons for switching to Lucidchart

I needed an easier solution. Vizio was tough to get folks used to using, and had a steep learning curve that Lucidchart just did not have. The templates in Lucidchart were also a big sell in switching, as the training documents ones literally walk you through how to best use them as they are being built.

5,001-10,000 employees