Browse iorad Reviews

James from Lafarge Canada Inc.

Easy, professional training in minutes.

We have a very limited team to support our Salesforce instance of over 300 sales users in Canada. This has freed us up to not have to screenshare and walk users through some standard issues frequently, we can just direct them to our training library and keep moving on improvements!

Pros

iorad makes it incredibly easy to create training videos or walk-throughs that users can experience at their own pace. As someone who has previously recorded screen-capture videos with over voice, I can say that this is 1000 times easier and more professional. The ability to tweak and update training as we need is excellent.

Cons

Not really a dislike, but it would be nice to have the ability to have the training be read in French during the walk-through.

Chelsea from IVX Health

Amazing Product

I've been blown away by my experience with Iorad. I came into my role as an educator about 1.5 years ago and spent the first 6 months making training videos for our numerous systems. We are a dispersed workforce and we have at least a dozen programs to use to perform our jobs effectively: Teams, Zoom, Outlook, Microsoft Word, EHR, Mainbridge, Lessonly, Medtrainer, Paycom to name a few. Iorad allowed me to have a lot of time back to my own schedule because I was able to cut back on the time I was spending creating training videos and working on Zoom with clinicians across the company. If I have a call come in where a clinician has a question about how to do_____ in our software, I send a link to Lessonly to the tutorial from iorad. This also scales really well as we have been able to identify recurring themes that our end-user faces and create a custom approach to training that recognizes common mistakes. I have loved this software so much that I worked with my friend of a local climbing gym (ROKC) and he has started using this for his own staff to train on the software that they use. He feels the same and has cut back on some of his time working with his staff. This product is top-notch and has great potential to move the way companies train their staff.

Pros

Easy to use Easy to integrate Quick Effective way to create training that can scale with the organization User friendly- the teams in each market can use training to help practice technology-based skills Fast way to make training videos that used to take me hours to make This integrates well with Lessonly which our company has been using to onboard clinicians across our company

Cons

Organization of the content- I don't have the "tags" function, but I have made dozens of training tools and It'd be nice to have it more organized within the software so I can find it quickly I wish there were more voices to choose from when I use an outside voice

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Chelsea, thanks for your review. We love to hear that iorad is making such an impact in your training processes and giving you back time in your day! As for content organization, you're able to categorize a tutorial with category or subcategory. Hover over the "Category" Header on the left in the dashboard to Add Categories. Additionally, you're able to add up to 10 tags per tutorial. Here's an article how organization works within iorad. https://ior.ad/7Ueq Glad you're a part of the iorad family!

Blair from Clever

Strong tool for interactive tutorials!

I run our customer ed program, and our users want clear, realistic practice opportunities. iorad solves this problem!

Pros

It's easy to use and to update! I also love how the final product looks, giving our users an authentic tutorial experience.

Cons

I wish it handled screen movement better (e.g. when you click a button and then need to scroll down).

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Blair, thanks for your review. Happy to hear that you are finding iorad easy to use & share with others. As far as capturing movement better... each application is coded a little differently and depending on your computer available memory it might just require you to close a few more applications and go a little bit slower through the actions for iorad to properly identify each element. Happy to take a look with you to see what can be done to improve this in the future. Please feel free to reach out. Would love to connect with another fellow CustomerEd colleague!

Julien from Phyleas Consulting

Good Tool

Great! I think it is a tool with great potential.

Pros

It is user friendly. It brings a real value added in the step by step exercise. It is time saving, resources saving, and it restrains the error percent.

Cons

It can improve in terms of features. it is not stable (I guess it is for a moment : still improving). But be more careful and inform users in advance, so they can save work.

Rachel from Autodesk

iorad tutorials aid adoption

Overall, very happy with iorad. The tool is easy to use and we always receive excellent customer service. Highly recommend!

Pros

iorad's makes it easy to create detailed tutorials which allow users to practice step-by-step transactions as well as printing to PDF for desk-side work instructions. Incorporating iorad tutorials into our training helped prepare our end-users to use and adopt a new ERP system and business processes.

Cons

It would be nice if the app captured key strokes in addition to clicks, but still a great tool without that feature.

Reasons for Choosing iorad

Price, ease of use, well reviewed.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Rachel, thanks for your review! Thrilled to hear you & the team are getting such good use out of iorad. iorad doesn't capture what content is being entered but what you can do is use our "shortcut" feature or if not a "shortcut" per se you can use the "type" tool itself to simulate keystrokes. For example, the ESC key. If you'd like to learn more, feel free to reach out. Happy to jump on a call and walk you through how this works. Thanks for being a fan of iorad!

Monica from AgentSync

A must-have for growing companies.

Awesome! We love it and highly recommend it.

Pros

It has been a godsend for sharing processes with internal and external team members. I particularly love having it for our help center because it's been a breeze to add new articles and edit articles. Our whole company just loves the product - we think it's awesome. I make iorads for customers and they love them too - its an easy and great way to share information.

Cons

I wish the desktop feature was a bit more robust. I also wish you could point to multiple features on one slide and version them. Sometimes the step-by-step is overwhelming because each step is captured one by one and that can be multiple pages.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Monica, thanks for your review. Happy to hear your team loves using iorad. We have a new version of our desktop tool in the works - we're excited for its release. As for pointing to multiple areas on one slide - we keep it to one so that learners can focus on one thing at a time. Otherwise it can be a lot to focus on for the learner when there are many "hotspot" areas. If your use case needs this, as a workaround, you can annotate on a screenshot outside of iorad & then capture that screen with iorad to pull into your tutorial. Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out - we're always happy to help & give suggestions or make improvements based on feedback. Glad you are a part of the iorad family.

Debra from Poshmark

My experience with iorad

Pros

iorad is one of the most unique hands-on learning tools I've come across. It gives our learners a way to simulate and practice tasks that they otherwise wouldn't be able to, unless it were in a realtime situation.

Cons

I feel like it's a bit clunky that the learner has to expand their view of the iorad in Lessonly. We actually have to write directions/prompts for our learners so that they don't just skip over the iorads and/or don't expand the window to get the full experience. I also feel like the written prompts/directions on the side could be made a bit more evident/larger!

Reasons for Choosing iorad

It was one of the features that pushed us over the edge in signing our contract with Lessonly. :-)

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Debra, thanks for your review. Love to hear your team enjoys using iorad to train your learners. A few tips to try: Lessonly has a Wideview mode on the right side menu once the tutorial is embedded, you'll see the menu overlay. Third icon down, just under the trash icon. Additionally, you might try adjusting the image zoom for the embedded player inside of iorad's settings > layout> embedded player> image zoom. Try 50% or 75%. Last tip to try would be selecting a different font style within the Theme settings. Here's how: https://ior.ad/7gXc? Hope these help. Feel free to reach out - we would be happy to jump on a call and show you some more hidden gems. :) Thanks for being a part of the iorad family.

Jaeson from Ricochet360

Great tool for knowledge base development

Overall everything has worked great. Our clients love the step by step tutorials as they’re easy to follow and read.

Pros

This product saved myself and the company hours and hours of time documenting all the processes needed for our knowledge base. From the click by click snapshots and the text generated for each, this was truly a time saver

Cons

The only adverse thing I can think of is that there isnt a way to easily “paste” the information step by step into our KB tool. Having to use the html coding to add to our KB was a bit tedious. Would be nice too if there’s a way to link the content to the Kb so it’s a one time update across platforms

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Jaeson, Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear its saving you & your company hours while giving you back some time in your day. We integrate with a bunch of Knowledge Management systems and continue to add to the list. Here's the list we currently integrate with: https://www.iorad.com/connectintegrations/plugins Let us know what KB you're using & we're happy to look into it with you to see what the options are to make it easier. Thanks for being a part of the iorad family.

Yann from NeXcer

Really nice !

Really strong efficiency/productivity to create and update tutorials ! ✨ Impressive support (video call in live from United State with nice guy from the support team as soons as I asked a question from the website)

Pros

Tutorials can be embedded into Elarning's modules/path AND also into our software product ! Help center / Tutorials can be reused and their visibility is customisable to profiles/roles ! Information masking Branding and more

Cons

Live video/walkthrough mode is really/too expensive :(

Reasons for Choosing iorad

More features and better integration

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Yann, thanks for your review. Happy to hear you are enjoying iorad & sounds like getting a lot of good use out of it. Love to hear that. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to learn more in iorad including some hidden gems. Thanks for being a fan of iorad!

Thomas from Mercy Ships

Best tutorial builder I've ever seen

Multiple departments have already adopted iorad as their go-to for creating how-to tutorials and documenting processes.

Pros

The biggest factors for us are how QUICKLY we can build QUALITY walkthroughs for our staff.

Cons

The speech-to-text is great, but it would be great to have more audio editing capabilities. It's not a must-have, but would be a nice-to-have.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Thomas, thanks for your rave review! Love to hear that iorad is saving time & you're able to build out training quickly. That's what iorad strives for - speed & ease in creating content! Please reach out to us - depending on what type of editing you are looking to do there are several options that we can suggest. :) Thanks for being a fan of iorad!

Carmen from JSerra Catholic High School

Saves Time

I love the software.

Pros

The software's ability to copy your actions and automatically add an explanation is a huge timesaver for me. I can make a tutorial for our users in less than 10 minutes.

Cons

It does not let you reorder the steps or combine two tutorials into one. Sometimes editing a step can be frustrating if you want to change where to click.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Hi Carmen, Thanks for your review. We're glad that iorad is saving you so much time. Wanted to let you know, iorad does allow you to re-order your steps. Here's a tutorial how: https://www.iorad.com/player/149135/Move-Steps. Additionally, you can combine 2 tutorials together using the "Import Tutorial" feature. Here's how that works: https://www.iorad.com/player/1780924/Import-tutorial . Feel free to schedule some time with us. We're happy to walk you through the app to show off some of the hidden gems to insure that you get the most out of your iorad experience. :)

Weston from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Creating training takes minutes

The support is amazing. They answer very quickly and have been very helpful. They also get bugs fixed very fast. They are a great company to work with.

Pros

This makes making trainings very quick. I love that it automates making trainings in the way people learn, video, interactive, reading. This use to take hours to create trainings that fit this. I love the automated voice overs. The voices sound pretty good for being automated. It is easy to use and create trainings. Our users love to use these trainings. I love that the user doesn't have to download anything to view the trainings.

Cons

The latest release moved a lot of things around which makes it a little harder to use. I wish the language pack was included in the business pricing. It is very expensive and we have had to do a lot of work to translate our trainings. Sometimes it doesn't capture what you need and you have to go back. The pricing gets expensive fast.

Reasons for Choosing iorad

The price and that we didn't have to install any code to get it to work.

Reasons for Switching to iorad

The videos took to long to create.

Nathan from HIPPO Power

Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Game Changer for Documenting Processes

Using iorad has been a time and cost saver from me and my company. Letting us document our best practices and general processes in a very detailed and clear way. It is easy to share and follow the instructions that you create.

Pros

I like that it records every click, scroll, and key stroke; while taking screen shots with the highlighted area where the action occurred. If I was to try and recreate this manually it would take 10 times as long.

Cons

Sometimes the desktop recording does not load up to the website. This only happens occasionally and then only with very long recordings.

Reasons for Choosing iorad

iorad makes documenting things so much easier than taking screen shots and pasting them into a slide, then drawing a box, and then type what you clicked on. It does all of that for you.

Jane from VCOE

Hands down my FAVORITE app!

Pros

I was sitting at a presentation at an educational technology conference when the presenter casually mentioned ioRad. I immediately went on the site. Truth be told, I did not hear a single word she sais from that point on. I was AMAZED and began creating my first capture right there. It was that easy. When I clicked finish and saw how ioRad captured every step, every click, and labeled the screen shot, as well as producing the step-by-step instructions, I was sold! This software is BRILLIANT! It has saved me countless hours of capturing screenshots and manually adding the instructions. Better yet, is the LIVE function, where a user can see prompts to guide them click by click through a process in real time on the site.

Cons

The product development is very responsive to client feedback. The software just keeps getting better and better.

Andrew from Equiem

Excellent software and saves a considerable amount of time

We use it to create quick instructional videos for our products mainly for operational purposes, less so marketing a product itself.

Pros

- The software is intuitive to use so our teams need very little training to use it. - The ability to add voiceover saves a lot of time versus recording your own demo. What would previously take 1hr+ to record a demo, refine it, publish it etc. now only takes around 20 mins - Automatically being able to push the video to other systems e.g. Helpscout, means that we can publish articles straight to our knowledge base - Having used other software that traces interactions, or tracks clicking of elements, I've found this very reliable in terms of achieving the desired output - If you're not overly fussed about refining your demo, you could record one within minutes that is suitable for demonstrating how to perform an action. In most cases the instructions, formatting, needs refining to ensure the automatic voiceover makes sense to the end user.

Cons

- On the whole I've found it very good. I occasionally come across bugs, but they're generally dealt with very quickly by the Iorad team - I'd say the cost is fair value for the time saving but I can see it prohibiting wider uptake as it's not on the low end of the scale

Sarah from Intero Advisory

The best tool to add to your toolbox

iorad has taken our membership site to the next level. With the tutorials that include a live feature, and audio voiceover, you are able to create seamless steps for users that guarantee they understand what you are trying to teach. We have had amazing customer service, with the rep actually adapting what he has created to give our users the best experience. We communicate with the rep whenever we need anything or have questions.

Pros

Iorad is simple to learn and use, and the design is attractive that makes people want to use the end product!

Cons

Nothing! It is a great tool that allows you to accomplish almost everything!

Greg from Equity Prime Mortgage

Great for instructional videos

This product is cut down the time it takes me to create ‘how to’ videos for new employees by almost half. It also helped me produce both video and printed job age at the same time. So I can address the visual learner the auditory learner and the tactile learner all the same time.

Pros

Great for instructional videos. I like how easy it is to use and how intuitive the navigation can be.

Cons

In some areas like the editing section the fonts they use for links are incredibly small. They were in a lot of design work that went into it. It’s aesthetically neutral But functionally excellent.

Reasons for Choosing iorad

It was recommended to me by the people in Lessonly

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Greg - thanks for the review. Glad to hear you find using iorad easy & intuitive along with saving you time! That's what we strive for. A hidden gem in our Theme settings is the ability to customize step text & the heading font styles. Here's a tutorial how it works: https://www.iorad.com/player/1733470/Custom-Player-Fonts?iframeHash=trysteps-1#trysteps-1 If you'd like to learn more hidden gems & best practices, please feel free to reach out. Thanks for being a fan of iorad.

Nir from Flourish Software

Easy tutorial creator - big time saver

I use iorad in the help article for our clients and for internal training. The clients love it, and it is used as an example to the quality of the self-hep part of the software.

Pros

Easy to use Integrates with many platforms Loved by the clients

Cons

Integration cuts the size of the slides sometimes. Embedding can get complicated with the change of the UI Canot combine two slide-shows Narrating does not do a good job with dots and commas.

Reasons for Choosing iorad

Stepshot was having onboarding issues at the time.

Teagan from ClearCompany

Iorad - Software Review

I would recommend this product to everyone! Whether it is internal learning or external learning, this is a tool that has helped us tremendously. The Iorad team is great and there are always new updates!

Pros

The text-to-speech option has been incredibly useful and time-saving for our organization. This has been a significant impact to help our team internally and externally to ensure adoption and understanding. The ability to view the Iorad in multiple formats has cut down on work for us, as it meets the need of all users!

Cons

The organization of Iorad's for an entire organization could be more granular. I have also found the desktop version to not be as user-friendly.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Teagan, thanks for your review. Happy to hear your team has gotten a lot of value from using iorad for your training needs. Good news - we are excited to release a new desktop capture version this year. Stay tuned! Thanks for being a part of the iorad family!

Alfonso from Sharyland ISD

Step-by-Step Made Easy

This tool has helped me be successful in creating instructional design solutions for my work and for my grad school projects. They are amazing at building customer relations.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use. The overall design experience and features are great for the type of work I do.

Cons

Has minimal design changes to the cover pages to personalize the tutorials more. May be offer different fonts.

Jason from Zwift

Easy Interactive Tutorial Creator

Overall, the value for the price of iorad makes it a no-brainer. Highly recommend for the value it brings, ease of use, low learning curve, and prompt customer service.

Pros

iorad is very easy to implement and make engaging tutorials with. The features are largely intuitive and give all the abilities I need, as I think of them. The ability to draw attention to certain items, blur out sensitive info, and prompt interaction in all applicable ways has greatly improved our employee training.

Cons

There are a few areas that could be improved, such as more intuitive text verification for fill in the box prompts and making the UI/toolset easier to use.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Jason, thanks for your review. Happy to hear you find iorad easy to implement and use! A hidden gem feature within our Type tool is our Text Validation or Placeholder option. Here's a tutorial how it works: https://ior.ad/7a9J?iframeHash=trysteps-1 If you'd like to learn more hidden gems, we'd be happy to hop on a call with you to insure you are getting the most out of your iorad experience. :) Thanks for being a fan of iorad.

Sarah from Hudson MX

Great product!

We have worked closely with Iorad to improve upon needed features that we came across, such as adding copyrights to videos. The support team is always super responsive and willing to work with us to help achieve our goals.

Pros

The learning curve for Iorad is almost non-existent; it's incredibly easy to get started, create a video, add text-to-speech, and background music. It's suitable for our content training team to introduce step-by-step learning when onboarding clients onto our platform.

Cons

The text-to-speech voices and the quick find search functionality could be honed a little better!

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Sarah, thanks for your review. Love to hear the team enjoys using iorad for your onboarding & training content. Keep on rocking it! Thanks for being a fan of iorad & continuing to provide feedback which helps us to make the product even better!

Joy from Life University

Love working with iorad

I loved it. When we went to remote learning due to COVID 19, the great quality of the tutorials made the student's learning of the material easy & effective. I am hoping due to that success we can keep these classes online.

Pros

We utilized iorad to make tutorials to teach students how to document in an entirely new EHR system. What I liked best was the voice over feature. I could easily just retype instructions & it correct the voice over. Compared to other software that I would have to re-record the entire slide. Also, As we made changes to our processes during the 1st 6 mos of implementation I could easily just revise the tutorials by changing out just a couple slides and not having to start over.

Cons

You could improve on the ease of moving the slides around. I would have to constantly go back & figure out the number of the slide I wanted to move or where. If you could see a thumbnail of each slide (similar to PowerPoint) it would be easier

Sara from University View Academy

Iorad is a game changer!

Pros

This platform has cut my daily training time in half! The intuitive software that builds out the step-by-step tutorial as I record is unparalleled - and the teachers LOVE the fact that they have a visual and auditory guide to help them through any tutorial need in a virtual environment.

Cons

I love everything about the software, but which we could add more users to the platform. Our teachers would LOVE to use this with their students, but unfortunately licenses are tied to one persons email so it's difficult to allow them to do so. It would be great if we could take iorad tutorials created in the free version and add them to our paid domain so that they can be saved.

Steve from Riverside USD

Their customer service is very responsive and they send me emails updates on new features. Because I was in education, they also asked my input in how they can improve their product for the educational field. Extremely satisfied with iorad.

Pros

All I have to do in making the interactive tutorial is point and click. iorad will actually write each step for me. I can complete my tutorial in less than 3 minutes and it will come out looking extremely professional and people think I spent hours making the tutorial.

Cons

Really, the only thing I could possibly ding iorad on (and this would only be me nick-picking) is when I make it a pdf, it crops out a significant amount of the screenshot. But again, this really isn't a big deal.

iorad is great for process documentation

Pros

This software has saved countless hours for our staff, allowed parents and students to find answers even when we're closed, and helped us with documentation. I love that iorad captures my steps as I work through a process. The new smart masking feature works great and saves time over the prior masking. The iorad team is very responsive.

Cons

There isn't any mechanism to add pictures or crop pages.

Zoran from Oradian

Love it!

My overall experience is very positive. I have reviewed any similar tools and decided to go for Iorad. After more than 6 months of use all I can say is that I have not made mistake selecting it.

Pros

Iorad is very easy to learn and use. Iorad supplements our training materials very well. We have blended it with our elearning platform and we have completely changed our training process and approach.

Cons

It would be great if we can have better organisation structure of tutorials. After a longer use of a tool, the list of tutorials that we have created is quite long. Introduction of some kind of folder structure would be very helpful.

Renato from Allied Global

Amazing software solution

Pros

Easy and seamless integration that allows us to recreate multiple guides, simulators and sandbox training environments for our personnel to learn and practice as much as needed.

Cons

N/A. We are very satisfied with the software.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Renato, thanks for your review. Happy to hear you are getting a lot of use out of iorad for your training needs. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to learn more of our features & hidden gems. :) Thanks for being a fan of iorad!

Iorad

Fast turnaround for tutorials. Easy to record demos.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Lots of options for delivery. I can have a tutorial created on 30 minutes.

Cons

Organization of tutorials... I would like to be able to use a folder system. Tags are OK but when you get a few hundred tutorials it get messy.

Benton from Growlink

Industry: Industrial Automation

Amazing software that is much needed!

IORAD has been a very beneficial element to add to our customer service department. The process has been extremely helpful. The customer service at IORAD has been phenomenal

Pros

Our software platform can be intimidating to use at first. Building these tutorials for customers has been very easy and quick to do. We have had numerous compliments from several customers within the first few weeks of using it and making it available.

Cons

It would be great if in the future users could have an IORAD app that would work the same way the web-capture works. We have to show customers not only how to use our web-based portal, but also our app. So it would be amazing to be able to build step by step tutorials right on your smart device.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Benton, thanks for your review. Happy to hear iorad has eased your customer service & implementation process. Good news, we'll be releasing a new desktop capture version this year, which may improve the mobile capture process for you. Thanks for being a part of the iorad family.

Stephanie from Illuminate Education

Essential for Trainers and Educators

Before iorad, I had to make training videos and click paths on demand that I had to edit and produce and they did not save and share easily. With iorad, it takes a fraction of the time to create a tutorial and it is extremely easy to file away and reuse for other learners that need the same help.

Pros

iorad allows me to capture my steps and fills in the prompts easily and in an expedient manner. It is easy to copy the tutorial and email it out to the learner. I also very much like how iorad keeps a library of my tutorials and has an easy search feature.

Cons

I would like to be able to print off the steps in PDF format for free.

SARAH from Medcor Inc

Easy to create and maintain

We use this for new system training and for internal SOPs. We post these FAQs in multiple places, so updating only the one source is invaluable. Creating and maintaining SOPs is also very easy with a walk-through tutorial since steps that needs updating, adding, removing are obvious to spot when you are literally walking through the process again.

Pros

Both the ability to use the link and the embed. The audio is also very nice to use.

Cons

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the new UI panel... When you accidentally delete a tutorial, there is no recovery.

Sos from iHerb.com

Why tell if you can show

Overall, I am satisfied with the product, however I didn't use competitors yet.

Pros

Iorad allows you to show everyone what you want instead of telling them or writing a long document/presentation.

Cons

The interface in embed mode could've been better

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Sos, thanks for your review! Completely agree- showing is always better than telling. :) Thanks for being a fan of iorad.

rivo from Etech

Simplifier votre formation en quelques étapes!!

Excellente

Pros

Montrer aux gens une séquence précise d'action pour manipuler une application n'est jamais évident, même avec un support vidéo ; iorad attire l'attention sur l'essentiel grâce à sa présentation séquentielle. Difficile à la personne qui de se perdre quand on lui montre déjà tout de A à Z

Cons

Le manque de personnalisation du font, le rose occupe trop de place

Reasons for Switching to iorad

Juste pour évaluer

Jamie from NeonCRM

Easy & free to create active interactive experiences

iorad has helped me produce end-user interactive guides more quickly & easily. It's easier to update an iorad when the product changes than a series of screenshots & directions. It has a place in our company that I don't see going away soon.

Pros

I work in learning & development and tools like Adobe Captivate are big. iorad presents a stripped-down version of that which, in my experience, has a better end-user experience. iorad is also totally free to start using, a huge advantage. It's easy to adjust the targets & text in a capture.

Cons

The embedded player can be a little clunky. The screen capture doesn't record the final/confirmation screen unless you interact with it, so I typically click on a random point and then remove it in editing.

Joshua from Wisconsin Lutheran College

No More Screenshots

It's been great. I can put out training tutorials within minutes. They are easy to share with a direct-link as well as be located on the auto-generated website which can be embedded in most platforms. The interactive portion that forces users to actually perform the actions on "simulated" screenshots is amazing.

Pros

I love the fact that it automatically creates the tutorial as I go through and perform the task without having to pause and take screenshots.

Cons

The PDF printouts are very useful (especially for some end-users), but I do wish there were some more formatting options for them.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Joshua, thanks for your review. Happy to hear you love iorad and are saving lots of time using it! Thanks for being a fan of iorad!

Natalie from Kaohsiung American School

Iorad is great for flipped classrooms!

Really great; I love it and so do my patrons.

Pros

As a K-12 school librarian, I make dozens of tutorials using Iorad. This software enables me to use it in the "flipped classroom" model, so I can be there to help my students when they most need me.

Cons

I would like to be able to see the pdf in the free version.

Bianca from Semic

Very good software for manuals

Very good, but not using it enough.

Pros

Very easy to use and to create a step by step manual, it saves a ton of time compared to doing screenshots. Also it allows you to export to different formats and to embed it to a website

Cons

It is a bit hard to modify already existing tutorials when there is a interface change. You have to go and redo every step.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Bianca, thanks for your review. Happy to hear that iorad is saving you tons of time and you're finding it easy to create & share tutorials. Feel free to reach out, we would be happy to take a look at the process of editing existing tutorials with you, to see if we can improve the process for you. Thanks for being a fan of iorad!

Visual Learners Unite!

This software has helped enormously with communicating with clients who are not the best at following written instruction or frequently loose emails with instructions. This is a quick solution: I make the tutorial, I generate the link and share it with the client, and if they ever loose the tutorial, I can quickly search my tutorials (as long as I label it correctly!) and send the link again. The ease of use is on the highest selling points for us.

Pros

The ability to quickly make edits and add additional steps during review of tutorials is a huge bonus that saves so much time compared to making video tutorials. Also, the ease of Exporting and Sharing tutorials to clients is a big plus.

Cons

That some higher tier features like custom branded players and analytics are locked behind higher paywalls to cater to larger companies than ours. Many of those features would be fantastic to have and utilize but at a more approachable price point for small businesses and smaller teams.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Thanks for your review. Happy to hear that you are saving time using iorad and are making good use of many of the features. We offer discounts for small businesses. Please reach out, you may just qualify for one of them. :) Thanks for being a part of the iorad family.

Joshua from NZXT

Industry: Computer Hardware

Pros

The best part about the software is that it captures clicks, keypresses, shortcuts, everything you can imagine and allows us to train on processes by allowing users to "do" the process themselves.

Cons

I will say for longer processes editing is tedious since it captures EVERYTHING

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Joshua, thanks for your review. Absolutely - interacting is much better than watching. Thanks for being a fan of iorad!

Cecilia from Snapdocs

IORAD is vital to providing hands-on experience without the need for an instructor

Customer service has been amazing every single time I have an inquiry or issue.

Pros

Having the ability to create a tutorial improves the training experience and drives efficiency.

Cons

The interface can use improvement - it occasionally feels clunky and difficult to use.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Cecilia, thanks for your review. Happy to hear iorad has improved training & efficiency for your team. Thanks for being a fan of iorad!

Mathieu from Phyleas Consulting

My thoughts on Iorad

Pros

Iorad is a useful and innovative tool that gather the following pros in my opinion: - Easy to use, to manage, to learn - Time saving - Good Customer Service

Cons

The cons I will list for Iorad are due to the fact that the development of the solution is still ongoing. Some new features will be appreciated, such as a "drag and drop" of the steps. Moreover, some bug are still existing.

Darrell from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Nice Rapid Development Tool

It's been an overall positive experience to use this tool. It has limited features compared to something like Captivate, but it works pretty smoothly and allows me to get things done very quickly.

Pros

I really like how fast and easy the tool is to use. I can create and publish software tutorials in no time.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more editing tools like being able to add additional highlights or shapes. It would also help if I could import an image.

Response from iorad

Replied August 2020

Hi Darrell - Thanks for the review! We will take your feedback & consider it for future enhancement. As for the image upload- while you can't technically "upload", here is a great way to include images in your tutorials. Check out this article: https://theioradlife.com/how-to-add-an-image-or-powerpoint-slide-to-a-tutorial-captured-with-the-iorad-extension-a51fe718bd9a

Cyril from Cyrils Foods

Industry: Wholesale

Pros

This software is easy to use. All cloud base. It even lets you type the instructions and the system will turn it into voice instructions. But most importantly the customer service and tech support is GREAT!

Cons

It is on the pricing side but worth it. Remember the amount of time it would save you when considering using this product.

Brian from BPS

Industry: Information Services

Love this Application

Many of the administrators and teachers who have asked for support guides with our SIS system, have been very happy with the videos that I have created and sent them. It is a quick way to support staff with a combination of visuals and text.

Pros

What I like most about this application is that I can produce quick tutorial videos with real time step by step instructions where users can follow along.

Cons

The only thing that I find that I would change is the voice over feature. It will generate voice over for the text automatically which is a great feature. If you edit the text in your video, you need to re- generate the voice over. In the realm of life, this is not a big deal and will not stop using this application because of this.

Iorad - Click and Learn

I love it. Created 3 click-throughs for an ed-based platform, and plan on doing it again!

Pros

I loved that I could make a solid click-through tutorial or how-to for our staff.

Cons

My only issue is that the first time staff saw it, they weren't clear what to do. Maybe blinking "do this" sort of helpers for new users?

Jessica from MercuryGate

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Easy and very helpful

this has sped up our internal and client facing learning/training so much. Users love that they can click on things and easily follow through the steps

Pros

ease of use, ease to share our documentation, easy to convert PDF, easy to transfer to colleagues to manipulate

Cons

i have not found anything i do not like yet

Patrick from Torrance adult school

Best tutorial device out there

Pros

I love that it is so easy to start and go through the tutorial making process, I am one of the main technology implementation people at my schools and it works so easily that it takes me less time to create the tutorial than it takes me to figure out the program I’m making a tutorial for.

Cons

I wish there was a little more flex with what the walkthrough looks like, I haven’t used the premium version before so this maybe something that I just have access to.

Haris from Outsourced2US LLC

Most valuable business tool we use

This service took our extremely process-based accounting business to the next level. We were able to make extremely professional tutorials both for internal use, and for our clients. This is absolutely invaluable for training new team members. I recommend Iorad to all of our partners.

Pros

The fact that there is nothing more to do than simply turn on Iorad and do your work regularly is what sold this software for me. Everything is completed on the backend, and all we needed to do was add/edit proprietary information.

Cons

With long processes, the tutorial would sometimes get overwhelmed. In this case we would record tutorials in 2-3 sub-steps.

Lukasz from Extenso

I recommend

Pros

Easy to use and quick to learn functionality

Cons

You could add license depend on how many tutorials you will create - it will be easier to occasionally use.

Response from iorad

Replied January 2022

Lukasz, thanks for your review. Glad to hear you are enjoying iorad and find it easy to use. Thanks for being a fan of iorad!