All Asset Panda Reviews

Reviewed May 2021

New Client to Asset Panda

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Asset Panda solved the impossible.

We had an incredibly diverse inventory. Fields for one asset didn't necessary make sense for many other assets, which just about every inventory solution we slogged through demos trying out couldn't handle. At first I found their 10 table (group) limit rather restrictive, but once I figured out how I could leverage their system into a functional schema, it was as incredibly robust as if I'd built the database myself - and fast for a cloud solution. Now I don't need to spend unthinkable amounts of time building a LAMP solution from the ground up, or paying someone to do it for us, and all without hardware to worry about either. It's an expensive solution, but it will guarantee a worthwhile ROI when you do the math and realize the costs of creating a solution as powerful as they have yourself. And you get the Apps too!

PROS

We had control over our basic database schema from the beginning. Asset Panda looks and feels like a turn-key inventory solution to our users, but we designed and built how it works for our own custom and niche needs, without a developer and without expensive licensing and hardware. If you factor in those costs to achieve the same control and quality that Asset Panda achieved out of the box, it easily pays for itself.

CONS

Some of the features built for everyone are forced on everyone. Session timeouts that are way too fast have been a problem. If it times out while viewing a report, it will take you back into that report with no way out instead of just taking you to your default list view. More complex searching in the List View is lacking right now. You can get complex with reports, but you can't run actions on reports' results. The good news is they've been very receptive and responsive to feedback. Not once have they said "this is how it works and we don't plan on changing it." which is refreshing. Most of our feedback is submitted for future feature requests.

Hi James, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda No code platform. We strive the offer the most adaptable platform in the world to help our clients meet their specific business needs without having to write one line of code. If anything comes up we can help you with please reach out to Oiler Workd Class client success team via phone, email or chat. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied September 2018

Kaitlyn

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

S&R Asset Panda Review

PROS

We love the ability to see all of our tools, search by type or specific tool, track where they are and/or who has touched them last. The fact that our guys on site are able to use the phones or tablets they already had to complete the cycle counts for us was also great!

CONS

We like that we can create our own reports etc. but don't love that we've had to pay for support in building them after our initial implementation. Our new customer success specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been really helpful with this.

Reasons for switching to Asset Panda

ToolHound software was unable to meet our needs and not user friendly. Very old software that wasn't very adaptable and couldn't run reports or have our site staff scanning tools without purchasing multiple scanners.

Hi Kaitlyn, we appreciate your writing a review on the Asset Panda platform. We love that you are using both phones and tablets on site to keep track of your tools. We have several major projects in the works updating the mobile apps to the latest technology and adding new functionality that will make the experience even better. Also, we will be introducing advanced reservations to the world in December. The new functionality is the result of client feedback and our internal research to help people get must more sophisticated reservation and reporting capabilities. In addition we are investing heavily in the speed and overall performance of the application to make it even faster and more reliable even in the most extreme work environments. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied November 2020

Cherrelle

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Chattahoochee Valley Libraries' (IT) Asset Panda Reveiw

Overall I do enjoy using Asset Panda. It has been a great help with organizing our assets. Some of the cons I listed makes the process a little more tedious to use but the bones of the product are pretty good.

PROS

- there is a mobile app - the attachment tab's options (image, doc, video, voice notes) - change history - timestamps

CONS

- There used to be an option to click over to the next asset when you had a group of assets pulled up from the filtered search. It would be nice to be able to do that again without having to click on the asset tab again and then click on the asset to open it. - Clicking on the check tabs don't really do anything. You can't open up the assets in groups. - The scanner option on the mobile able is a little glitchy. You can't really adjust the focus to get a better scan of the barcode or tap the screen for autofocus. I have to move my camera back and forth for the focus. - Working with the tag generator can be a little complicated too at times when your first starting out without a template.

Hi Cherrelle, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda No-Code platform with mobile apps. We sent your comments to our product team for review. They will reach out to make sure we know your thoughts exactly. Also, we are in the process of building a new barcode scanning experience and barcode generator. We think you will love the new updates. You can utilize our platform to handle a range of business issues including asset tracking, vendor management, help desk, purchase order management, facilities management, time and attendance, employee certification etc... If anything comes up that we can help you with please reach out to our World Class Client Success Team via phone, email or chat. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied April 2019

Douglas

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Asset Panda Review from Financial Director / Nerd

We have not experienced any difficulty with the availability of the product (downtime) and think the flexibility is the strength of the software. The import feature works very well and reporting is very intuitive. We still have a way to go with implementing some of the finer points of the software namely bar coding. We were also implementing a new EHR and Accounting software at the time which reduced some of the features we did not implement.

PROS

The ability to customize the fields and change them to fit your needs. It was a SaaS type solution and not terminal based on local servers. We also have accounting software, document management software, and Electronic Medical Record software and we have the least amount of issues with Asset Panda.

CONS

Support is mostly thru emails, but this is true of our EMR software as well, which is the primary software most of our employees use everyday. Therefore, what I dislike a little is more of an industry trend. The positive side of it is assistance is documented. Actually, we haven't had to use support that much.

Reason for choosing Asset Panda

The alternative product offered discount to Non-Profits so it was a more cost effective solution, however, everything being equal I preferred Asset Panda based on features. Asset Panda worked with us on price and removed that as a barrier. I also was impressed with some of the large companies using the product, which I suspect had more complex scenarios than ours.

Hi Douglas, we appreciate your writing a review on the Asset Panda platform. If anything comes up we can help with please refer to our comprehensive knowledge base and reach out to our World-Class client success team. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied February 2020

Keith

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Asset panda was finally able to solve our teams inability to keep our inventory up to date. The biggest win was the ability to use our mobile phones to update the inventory on the fly. Our old system required using a special device to read the asset tags.

PROS

My Favorite feature of this software is how easy it is to pull up the info you need from any device. The app works very well!

CONS

My least favorite part of the software is the look and design. It is a little out dated looking compared to other inventory systems.

Reason for choosing Asset Panda

We liked the options of asset panda and the fact it was all cloud based.

Reasons for switching to Asset Panda

The mobile app didn't work well enough to keep up with the inventory while out and about.

Hi Keith, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda platform. We are in the process of updating our UI. Be on the lookout out for updates throughout next year. If anything comes up we can help with please reach out to our World Class Client Success team. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Josh

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Asset Panda - An amazing asset tracking and inventory system

Overall my experience has been amazing. One of the big selling points for us was the customer service, everyone we have spoken with has been extremely helpful and welcoming. If I log a job someone will respond in 24 hours and that is amazing, I have not been turned away for anything I have asked, and everyone is genuinely interested in what I have to say or ask. The software itself is great as well, so easy to use and the best bit is the software is provided so you as the user can set it up to run the way you want it to. Asset Panda does not force using the software in a particular way onto you - we did not find any other supplier who offered this.

PROS

Customisation is amazing and so simple Replication is extremely simple and covers everything you need Group scanning and changing of asset information Actions to update assets automatically - your options are endless! Reporting is simple and can be set up to check anything you want The support is extremely quick to respond even with the time difference between Australia and Texas All staff we have dealt with have been amazing and extremely helpful

CONS

There are still bits and pieces which need to be developed correctly, nothing to stop using the software by any means! Slight delay in loading assets and configuration pages, however not long to the point where it is frustrating

Reason for choosing Asset Panda

The way it looked, the way it felt when using the software, the customisation available, and the amount of functionality Asset Panda has in comparison.

Reasons for switching to Asset Panda

We needed something better to manage the assets we use within our organisation and it needed to be used across multiple areas with auditing. MS Access was OK however so much harder to customise compared to Asset Panda

Hi Josh, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda platform. We love that you are creating the exact workflows and usage parameters that you want. We find that if the platform becomes your configuration your users will use it and your business will become more efficient. If anything comes up we can help you with please reach out to our World Class Support Team. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Emily

Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Refreshingly easy to implement and use

We are very impressed. Asset Panda has made a once painful annual audit of materials much less painful and much easier to resolve. The development team is amazing and will work with you to set up your installation to match your needs. And, customer care after the fact is great! They have regular check ins and are very responsive to any difficulties you may have.

PROS

Ease of use! I am working with a team that has different levels of technical capabilities and have had no issues with training these users.

CONS

The app is a little wonky to use. It is not quite as intuitive as the web-based software.

Reason for choosing Asset Panda

While the other systems work well for other organizations, they weren't customizable or flexible enough to meet our needs. Also, the price point allowed us, as a smaller company, to jump forward in how we account for our assets.

Reasons for switching to Asset Panda

Tracking and accountability were a nightmare in our old spreadsheet. The yearly audit became my responsibility and I knew we could not carry on as we had been, especially with greater requirements from our contract sponsors. Asset Panda provided ease of use as well as greater accountability.

Hi Emily, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda platform. We are always looking for ways to innovate so any comments you have on how we can improve are appreciated. If you need help please check out our knowledge base or contact our World Class Client Success team. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Kerri

Libraries, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

One of the most User Friendly applications around.

The best word for me to describe our Asset Panda experience is Easy. From setup to support I have found the everyone in the company to be very helpful, knowledgeable and responsive.

PROS

I love the ease of use. It is very user friendly. If I have any questions, the chat feature is a wonderful way to get help.

CONS

The only problems I have had is my own lack of knowledge. But a quick chat session later and all is well.

Reason for choosing Asset Panda

We decided Asset Panda was the best fit for many reasons. The mobile app was very important. We wanted to move to the cloud. The ability to import my data easily though a CSV file was a major bonus. US based customer service was extremely important to me as well. While Asset Panda was not the lowest price, it did seem to be the best value.

Reasons for switching to Asset Panda

TrackIt had been the example of exemplary customer service and a wonderful product. The company had been purchased by BMC and it all went downhill. The biggest issue was after updating the software to solve a problem, my database became unstable and was losing integrity. I lost an incredible amount of data. Customer service became horrible. It was outsourced and I found the technicians to be accusatory and sexist. After I caught the customer service manager in a blatant lie, I knew it was time to move on.

Hi Kerri, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda No-Code platform with mobile apps. You can utilize our platform to handle a range of business issues including asset tracking, vendor management, help desk, purchase order management, facilities management, time and attendance, employee certification, etc... If anything comes up that we can help you with please reach out to our World Class Client Success Team via phone, email or chat. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied July 2019

Stefan

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

User Friendly & Simple Tool

PROS

Great assist management software. I love how easy and simple it is to use and carry out tasks.

CONS

Sessions time out way too fast, while viewing a report the page times out and takes you back to the start

Hi Stefan, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda platform. The time our sessions are set by user in the admin portal. You can select whatever time frame works for you. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied May 2023

lloyd

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Save some time and money and get this software

I've got a lot of devices across the world , this product helps me track what i have as well as where it is located and what is on the devices.

PROS

Price point, ease of use as well as training and functionality. AssetPanda saved me and my team time and money from looking at other asset management software as well as creating our own software internally. We needed a piece of software that could easily track where our assets are and log details as well as check out/in. All this is a simple user interface and at a low price point. AssetPanda does the trick

CONS

The things i liked the least I was able to talk to their customer support and eventually they provided a solution for it. So right now I dont have anything to high on the list except maybe have some integrations with Single sign on. or more user management.

Reason for choosing Asset Panda

Cost was biggest reason but also ease of use and trainability.

Reasons for switching to Asset Panda

Manual process without easy way to create logs

Hi Lloyd, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda No-Code platform with mobile apps. You can utilize our platform to handle a range of business issues including asset tracking, vendor management, help desk, purchase order management, facilities management, time and attendance, employee certification etc... If anything comes up that we can help you with please reach out to our World Class Client Success Team via phone, email or chat. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied June 2019

Rafi

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed May 2023

Asset Panda

Well experience

PROS

Comprehensive reporting and analytics: Asset Panda offers advanced reporting capabilities and analytics for assets, allowing companies to gain valuable insights into asset usage and performance and achieve necessary improvements.

CONS

Cost: Depending on the size of the organization and the specific needs, the pricing of Asset Panda may be considered relatively high for some businesses, especially for small or budget-constrained companies.

Hi Rafi, we appreciate your writing a review on the Asset Panda platform. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and we truly appreciate your contribution. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied May 2023

Khalid

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

one of the best ASSET TRACKING tool

My overall experience with app/software/SAAS can be summed in the follwing points: A. The given app/software/SAAS has been solving the following business problems : - inventory storage - solved wasteful write-off of assets - provides detailed lsit of assets assigned to the user - aids in hardware refresh - provides straight line depreciation B. i have been able to realize the following benefits with the help of the given app/software/SAAS : - ability to put serial number on all equipments - saved lot of money by asset tracking - put all assets in its place - allows to get back assets from users leaving the country - adding of multiple categories.

PROS

i found the following features as most impactful: - asset tracking -asset organisation - asset location finding using GPS - anywhere tracking based on cloud. - assets marked using e-signature Yes the product is quite easy to use for: - cloud based application - mobile based asset tracking - uploading pictures, documents and quotes of an asset - tracking and adding of non-depreciable assets - Yes i was successfully able to implement the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes quite smoothly and easily as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides..

CONS

I found the following features that were either missing or could be improved: - search function could be improved - confusing security sign in - configuration of images - mobile bar-coded scanner I found the following features or aspects of the product that are difficult to use: - impossible to know double posting of assets - difficult to setup users - organisation of images gets difficult - problematic setup of SSO - time-out settings No, the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes not so much difficult as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides.

Hi Kahlid, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda platform. We love the depth of the content. We will be sharing the review with our Product team to discuss further. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied October 2022

Tiffany

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Customer Review

PROS

We heavily used asset management and work order systems with Asset Panda. It made for a smooth integration to track issues related to assets in a clear and easy way. The ability to customize our work order system was the highlight of our use.

CONS

It would have been amazing if our Facilities Department could have utilized the same software, but templates for preventive maintenance and invoicing options kept them searching for a different vendor.

Reason for choosing Asset Panda

We chose Asset Panda for their flexibility and customization options.

Reasons for switching to Asset Panda

Wanted a more modern and smooth experience for both technicians and end users.

Hi Tiffany, we appreciate your writing a review on the Asset Panda Platform. We are glad the ability to customize your work orders is making a huge difference for you. We will ask a team member to reach out to discuss preventative maintenance as we have a large number of clients configure the platform to accomplish that task as well. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Replied July 2021

Joey

Utilities, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

New Life with Asset Panda

Tracks all our IT Assets with ease. The mobility options have been a lifesaver and has saved us countless hours tracking and entering new assets.

PROS

Customization, Functionality, Dependable ( no interruptions in service), and just overall quality of the software has been hard to beat.

CONS

On the Administration Side, It can be a little overwhelming creating new groups, actions, configurations simply because there are so many options within the software for customization.

Reason for choosing Asset Panda

Had more of what we were looking for in a complete package with the ability to have a help desk /IT Ticketing system also.

Hi Joey, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda Highly configurable platform with mobile apps. You can utilize our platform to handle a range of business issues including asset tracking, vendor management, help desk, purchase order management, facilities management, time and attendance, employee certification, etc... If anything comes up that we can help you with please reach out to our World Class Client Success Team via phone, email or chat. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied August 2019

Jayna

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Asset Panda Rocks!

Honestly, the software program is amazing, hands down. We've had it for 3+ years and we are still learning new things it can do. However, as the company admin, my favorite thing about Asset Panda is the customer service. Everyone is always so quick to respond and is extremely helpful whether by online chat, phone, or email. I've reached out with questions and received a personalized video recorded by my agent back walking me step by step through how exactly to accomplish my goal in my account.

PROS

The ability to customize fields for different groups is amazing. No other software that we looked at allowed the level of customization that Asset Panda does. We are contractors that help with managing equipment for multiple government agencies on multiple projects, and being able to easily sort and identify assets has been lifesaving. The fact that work orders and consumables can also be captured all in the same software program makes Asset Panda a one stop shop for everything we need.

CONS

It's not the software program's fault, but we have absolutely awful cell phone service on many of our project sites, so we don't often get the chance to use the mobile app. We have just reached out about compatible bar code readers so hopefully we can still make sure of some of the mobile functions in the future.

Reason for choosing Asset Panda

Asset Panda was the best value for the money and we loved that it was all cloud based and extremely user friendly. The customization is phenomenal and the reporting function is better than any of the other products we looked at.

Hi Jayna, we appreciate your writing a review on the Asset Panda Platform. We love that you are using the configurability of the platform to match your exact business use cases. The ability to continually adapt the workflow to your business as it changes over time is the core idea around the design. Also, we have some good news for you. We are prototyping of-line mode right now on the mobile apps. I would expect to be able to work off-line in the coming months. We would love it if you would join our Bamboo Crew on Facebook and exchange ideas with other clients. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied September 2020

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

Versatile Asset Management System

Overall experience with this software has been wonderful. I know we don't use all the features we could from this platform so I know there is room to grow with it as well.

PROS

We have found a few very impactful features of this software. First, the flexibility of customization. When we realize we need to track some new data point or change how we deploy equipment, we can do so on the fly. Second, the mobile app. Having a optimized mobile app that our techs can access on their phone instead of getting out their laptop to log into a site is immensely helpful. Third, "automated" changes that can be done by using the "Actions" feature. I can have a couple quick input points and at the touch of a "save" button, numerous fields and data points can be updated. This is so efficient rather than changing these fields manually

CONS

A couple things that would be nice to have changed.... We have found the need to have a field that can be added to rather than only over-written during an "Action". Basically a running history of input points (Ex. every user that has been assigned to a device). Running a history report isn't always convenient and applicable to all potential users. Also while chat support is great when you need help, but I'd really like someone to speak with directly sometimes. Conveying your issue over chat is sometimes very clunky and time consuming.

Hi Chris, we appreciate you writing a review on the Asset Panda platform. We are sending your comments to our product team for review. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Replied May 2022