All CharityTracker Reviews

CharityTracker Review

Lee

Libraries, 201-500 employees

Best Practice Decision

PROS

-the ability to update/change/customize the software at-will -the responsive staff whenever I have questions -the ability to run my own reports and pull-data quickly without having to interact with a support person.

CONS

What bothers me the most is that it is not fully HMIS integrated​ into the HMIS software that our county uses. It is vastly easier and more intuitive than HMIS and I wish we could use this instead of doing double entry on some cases.

Leslie

Reviewed March 2021

Great for social workers

We use this software daily and for several ways such as case management and client demographic reporting

PROS

I like that others agencies I work closely with can be in my agency network and that I can keep notes and assistance private or share with others

CONS

Once a user is created with an email address, another account with that email address cannot be created.

Reason for choosing CharityTracker

They were offering amazing prices and it fit all our needs.

Veronica

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

The support staff is super friendly. It is unfortunate that we have not been able to work out a highly effective use for this database with our current needs. However, it has been of some benefit.

PROS

I think the software is pretty user friendly and for the most part, self-explanatory for the functions we have on our account.

CONS

Unfortunately, we are not able to pull solid reports from the software which significantly impacts our ability to share statistics and overall impact. Also, there is a pretty high jump in cost from one user to the next in regards to having multiple users at the same time. It is understandable, but not the best fit for our program's needs.

Debbi

Reviewed July 2019

A tool for moving clients towards self-sufficiency

As mentioned above, my organization is not a direct service provider. Therefore, we do not actually input information into Charity Tracker - because we are not providing any rent, utilities, food, etc to our clients. However, it is an extremely important tool for us to use as we assess the level of crisis that our clients are in when they come to us.

PROS

This tool allows me to work towards the goal of our organization - moving individuals and families from dependency to self-sufficiency. A simply glance on charity tracker allows me to see the depth of their dependency on other local organizations and then move ahead with setting goals and finding solutions.

CONS

The software is amazing - but only as good as the number of organizations that use it. In our community, we need to see more "direct service providers" using this tool. There is no way to know of the services they are receiving throughout the community unless those organizations participate by sharing their information in this incredible tool.

Gets the job done :)

We are easily able to track the last time guests came in as well as what addresses they are coming from, which is the most important thing for us. It works for what we need it for which is why we continue to use it :)

PROS

It is overall simple to use and organizes the information in a way that makes sense when you need to go back to it.

CONS

It feels a bit dated, but I can't say in what ways it needs to be updated either.

Great Software for Community Service

CharityTracker has been a great tool for my team of service term volunteers. We use it along with hundreds of other agencies in our community and it makes providing services that help people become self sufficient easier for both the agency and the clients.

PROS

CharityTracker is user friendly and intuitive. They software allows us to serve our clients and provide referrals effectively and with integrity.

CONS

While intuitive, it is not the easiest to create reports. Though customer service is there to help and they are very quick to respond, being able to create new reports that is complex would be easier if the reporting section was as intuitive as the service portion. I would also like to see better options with the goal setting and outcomes feature.

Erinn

Communities Need Charity Tracker

Makes for stronger community partnerships and more viable collaborations.

PROS

Allows higher level of collaboration and data sharing among community organizations that help the most vulnerable. Allows us to see a bigger picture of our client situations (relationships, demographics, and history) Excellent program for tracking detailed information about services rendered to community members--a true blessing to small organizations.

CONS

Initial reticence on part of smaller churches and organizations to take the time to learn and use the software. Age of their volunteers/staff is usually a big factor.

Bruce

Religious Institutions, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2018

Helping those who help others

PROS

Many key leaders in religious and social services were experiencing frustration in extending care to those in need in our community. We worried that some individuals were "gaming" the system; taking advantage of those who were willing to help by going to one agency after another asking for money. CharityTracker allows me to network with others involved in offering aid so that we can share information, progress reports, etc. so that the aid offered gets to the people who are really in need and helps them build bridges to a better future.

CONS

My critique of the system isn't about the software. As with any networking solution, the more you put into it the more you get out of it. I could do much more to contribute and take advantage of the tool.

Racquel

Reviewed July 2019

Stay connected with Charity Tracker !

PROS

I like that this software keeps me connected with other non-profit organizations. When an organization posts, I am immediately notified, and vice versa. When I have information or a family who needs immediate help, Charity Tracker is where I go to first! It is an invaluable resource and tool!

CONS

I have experienced a difficult time posting a flyer that is 2 sided - my operational knowledge level may not be up to par - but that may something that should be looked at in a future update of the software.

Katie Spencer

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Where Have You Been All My Life

Outstanding. I can't rate them highly enough.

PROS

We are a small rural organization and data management and outcome tracking is new to our work. Charity Tracker+ is so easy to use! The interface is clean and elegant, you can customize the heck out of it, and, importantly, it provides the data we need at three mouse clicks. This is saving HOURS every month consolidating information contained in spreadsheets. We love it!

CONS

The only downside is that this is designed for multiple organizations and we are currently a network of one. So we have had to adapt in order to track what we need to track. Even with that said, it is still the best platform I have ever used.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Wonderful, amazing, beneficial, easy to work with

Being in a Rural community - resources are often hard to find and locate. Often times in case management we run into a benefit that is not offered by any source in the community. Charity Tracker allows for communication to the community to ask for help on a case by case basis. Charity Tracker opens the lines of communication between community partners, increasing knowledge and awareness of what each community partner offers in the way of assistance. Charity tracker can be used to track individual assistance or total assistance given on a community level - offering a chance for funding opportunities, such as grant writing. Charity Tracker allows community leaders to see what services are being used the most, what services are least likely to be used and what services are still needing to be added. I can not stress enough how much this program means to our community! I was watched our community use this program from the beginning and I have watched it grow. Our United Way pays for this program in our community and it is money well spent. I support this funding effort and hope it is something we continue to achieve each year!

PROS

Charity Tracker is valued asset to any community willing to put forth the effort into making the program work in their community. As a case manager for 10 years - Charity Tracker has been a part of our community for the past 4 or 5 years, paid for through our local United Way office and it is money well spent! I was fortunate to be on board when Charity Tracker was implemented in our community and still fortunate to this day to work in the same community. Charity Tracker makes it easy to get information to community members or even get information from the community. Charity Tracker allows for key community members to collaborate about new ideas. Along with new ideas - Charity Tracker allows for all community partners to track and follow assistance given. This information on an agency level or community level is valuable information allowing for discussion topics to open up about funding or bringing in other resources into our community. With Charity Tracker we are able to see what we do well as a community and where we need to improve - what needs are being met and what needs still need to be met.

CONS

Limited to service areas - all communities should have this program - would be helpful to be tied in with other Charity Tracker communities across the state.

Jeralene

Reviewed August 2017

Very dependable. Help is always available for the program in a timely and professional manner.

PROS

It is easy to get input for programs that is specific for the need of our organization. The programs as administrator are easy to edit. As administrator I can edit funding sources, I can make any necessary changes by just clicking a save change button. Like the reports sub-tab where I can go and run all the reports that pertains to this agency. I can customize agency reports. Running the reports could not be easier. I can filter the reports, I can choose the fields for the agency reports. I can easily get data for demographics reports. When using search it is not complicated. It will list all possible duplicate cases if any exists. If it is a duplicate case you can merge those cases, which is an excellent tool.

CONS

I would like to be able to go back into the relationship tab and make corrections as to if it is a dependent or living together without having to go all the way back to the beginning and edit the relative out and input again. I need this feature because I have volunteers that will not always input this data. I am not sure if it's my fault or the input of area we serve as the crisis. I have not been able to change that. For instance pantries- We have 5 pantries I would like for a heading to be for each pantry with the sub heading name of pantries. I don't know how to do that. I would like for the listing of our assistance program to be revised. I am not sure if I can do it, I have not call nor asked for help with this issue. I believe rearranging things that will best give us a more accurate count. I am not sure how to get a count from the sub heading of agencies, that is confusing to me. Again I have not spoken with anyone lately about it.

Brock

Love CharityTracker

CharityTracker has been wonderful to work with. They have great customer service and have always responded quickly.

PROS

We have used CharityTracker for several years. I love that we are able to share information about how we have helped people in our community as well as see how other organizations have helped too. The alerts and notes are great tools. I can't imagine running a ministry that assists approximately 40 families per week without CharityTracker.

CONS

Nothing. We love CharityTracker and would recommend it to any organization or church that is doing benevolent ministries in their community.

Reason for choosing CharityTracker

The number one reason we chose CharityTracker was to be able to share information with other benevolent ministries in our community. The second reason was to keep accurate records of our ministry in an easy to access format. Before CharityTracker we kept our own information internally, but we had no idea what the other ministries were doing. CharityTracker not only opened the door for communication with other organizations, but it also made tracking our ministry more effective.

Laura

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2017

I cannot say enough about how helpful Charity Tracker has been to our community!

Ease of retrieval, all information available at the touch of my finger, people are able to access the information from their offices rather than calling me all the time, it is very hard to take advantage of our program now that we have Charity Tracker.

PROS

Previously, we were keeping all our assistance applications in notebooks and carting them around in a big cart from place to place so we could refer to them when clients applied for assistance. They were big and bulky and not always dependable. With Charity Tracker, everything is accessible with the touch of a finger and all involved can access it from various places at the same time. The ease and dependability of this program has revolutionized our Caring and Sharing program. I value the Notes section greatly because we can include information that we could never pull from memory down the road and it has saved us from being taken advantage of many times.

CONS

Actually, I can honestly say there is nothing that I dislike about this software. It fulfills all our needs and more. People from various organizations have visited my office to check it out.

Cathy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2017

CharityTracker is a phenomenal tool to help bring a community together.

It helped bring our community together as we serve those in need and help them move forward. We can track progress, collaborate and provide updated information to the community efficiently and effectively.

PROS

CharityTracker is very user friendly. Most people can use the software. The HELP desk and customer service are amazing and provide everything you need. It has an excellent reporting feature and the flexibility of customized reports is very helpful. The data it can provide has helped our community make many program decisions. The Bulletin Feature provides a very efficient and effective way for us to communicate community information. It can be used during a disaster to get information out to the community about where services are available. It has an incredible capacity!!!

CONS

I believe there is much more we could do with CharityTracker. It would be great to see how other communities use it and what features have been created for them.

Loretta

Charity Tracker

This software is very benificial to our Personal Ministries department and is used daily in our office to check on Food pantry assists given as well as for new client information. We use it everytime someone applies for assistance to determine if they have already received their yearly allotment and also on intake days to inform clients of their eligibility before they begin filling out the applications.

PROS

Charity tracker enables our department to safeguard the effective use of our resources to meet the needs of our community because we can easily accessthe information regarding how we have assisted a client in the past as well as important information on the resources which have already been provided by other local agencies.

CONS

The search process is not as effecient presently as it has been in the past making it necessary to sometimes search through 15-20 pages of names to find a name which should have popped up when the name was typed into the search box.

Susan

Case Management

PROS

There isn't much I don't like about Charity Tracker, I wish the outcomes tab was more user friendly because I would love to track my client's outcomes. Also, we should be able to change the date of assessments to reflect the date the assessment was completed. Case Managers don't always have the time to submit the assessments the same day they were completed.

CONS

Assessments. Please allow for us to enter the same date the assessment was completed, sometimes that means back dating the system

Reasons for switching to CharityTracker

Pathways is not longer functioning

Kimberly

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

CharityTracker is a must for any organization that needs client management.

I really appreciate above anything else, the excellent customer service that we receive. If I have an issue or question, it's answered immediately by a team that is located in the United States, who is very pleasant and helpful!

PROS

Because CharityTracker is an online platform, it was the perfect fit for our business model. The ease of use, and ability to allow our remote staff to work from anywhere was our first priority for we were remote prior to the pandemic. Also, when their "pro" features were launched, that made it even better. The pro version includes a text feature that allows us to communicate with all of our clients with just a push of a button. We simply type the message that we need to send, or reminders, etc.. and send it out. For our clients who have landlines, the message will be read to them. lt's really amazing.

CONS

In the future, I'd love to see a cleaner layout and maybe just a little bit more intuitive, but this doesn't take away from how great it is.

Eva