Browse Hotspot Shield VPN Reviews

Joshua from Lake City Inspections LLC

Best Free VPN, Not Sure On Paid Version

Overall, this is the best free VPN service we've ever used.

Pros

The best part of this software is an alternative way of obtaining decent service speeds than paying a monthly fee. We don't have to use VPNs all the time, but only occasionally. Thanks to Hotspot Shield's feature that allows you to watch an ad to earn VPN time, it accomplishes what we need without the need to commit to a monthly fee for limited use. Not only that, it gives you USABLE speeds, which is not common with free VPN options.

Cons

Not really a complaint, but an observation. The ads are not very relevant. They are almost all for mobile games.

Reasons for Choosing Hotspot Shield VPN

Usable speeds with a free option.

Alex from Alex Mercea PFA

Industry: Translation and Localization

Hotspot Shield VPN - excellent value for the money

I purchased a lifetime license in the past before it became part of Pango. I find it to be excellent value for the money.

Pros

It is easy to setup and use. It runs fairly fast on most of the servers if you know what server to choose from the list and stick to it.

Cons

I sometimes run into cloudflare protection against DDOS attacks saying that from the ip address that I'm using "huge amount of traffic has been reported". I then have to switch to another server from the list an all returns to normal. I mostly run into this issue while selecting a server from US.

Reasons for Choosing Hotspot Shield VPN

The option to purchase a lifetime license at a good price.

Reasons for Switching to Hotspot Shield VPN

NordVPN was too expensive.

December 2021

December 2021

Key player in the market

I used Hotpsot shield to access steaming service world wide, it does the job as it is expected, they don't reduce your speed

Pros

their interface is very friendly and easy to figure out. they offer server in many countries.

Cons

their protocols is very limited, they have hydra and one other protocol which is very limited for nowadays.

Sanel from Infinite Software Solutions Inc.

Hotspot Shield

You get what you pay for. Buy a quality VPN and do research looking for data leaks and country that company resides in.

Pros

It is easy to use. Did have a history of better service for clients. Can be bundled with other products.

Cons

It can be gotten for free. Many free VPN's typically sell data. Has had a data leak of user information.

jamieal from prudkingz

Shield VPN review

Pros

what i like most about this software is the speed it provides and the things unlocked when subscribed you gain when using this software...

Cons

software is great nothing negative about software

itumeleng from Self employed

HotSpot Shield VPN

It has definitely made my life easier, by allowing my to bypass certain WiFi restrictions and access more websites to continue doing my work. It's very disheartening to use someone elses WiFi and can access the website that you want, but with HotSpot shield, this issue has become a thing of the past.

Pros

I've been using this software for almost 2 years now, and I love it. The deployment time is fast, functionality is easy and it hasn't let me down YET. Every time I turn it on, it always amazes me at how much easy it is, and for a price like that, it has been worth every penny.

Cons

My only issue with it is the sheer number,ber of AD's it pushes through whenever I turn on an app. And the fact that it would always automatically switch me back to its home page and play an AD before it takes me back to YouTube, is very annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Hotspot Shield VPN

It is Inexpensive, and very reliable, and would definitely recommend it to someone.

Anwar from Hilton

Simple To Use With Certainty

It has benefited me a lot personally and officially, I have also told my friends to install it and they are still using the hotspot shield.

Pros

First of All, Thank you for giving it away for FREE No problem while using it. I searched a lot and finally got a good VPN like this

Cons

Promotion problematic: Hotspot Shield Free incidentally appears as a spring up or header on the highest point of your program. While this window might be shut, it turns out to be fairly dreary to close some without fail

nibaruta from Purple Sky Technology Inc.

Highly recommended

I am still using it so yes happily user

Pros

Thou the free version is bombarded with ads, I have not found a VPN that is rich in features like hotspot shield. Speed is good and doesn't have crashes

Cons

Should increase trial version to one month.

Reasons for Choosing Hotspot Shield VPN

its a better product and speed is good

Reasons for Switching to Hotspot Shield VPN

hotspot shield is more advanced in features and flow

ADNAN from SRC colleges

One of the best VPN apps really!

This app is best one for those who are not willing to purchase premium memberships, at least compared to other VPN apps!

Pros

- You will have a free 7 days premium membership trial, which is 100% true! - You can continue using the app after the trial period, even if you have not purchased the premium membership!

Cons

The regular membership (after finishing the trial period) is not that much (slow browsing, lots of disconnections, lots of ads, restriction on changing the location, and so on!)

Jareth from Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan

A great VPN and anything else

My experience was really great, but i might be better.

Pros

The VPN in this software it´s absolutely useful, i really like that is easy to use and i really like that everybody can understand it.

Cons

I think it´s not a problem, but something that can make better this software it´s add some new functions and tools to navigate safe in the internet.

kenneth from Igbinedion University teaching hospital

Hotspot shield review

I was using it to access some apps banned in my country. Has been good in some aspect but couldn't subscribe to get full use

Pros

Gives you hitch free access to several sites and apps. Provides you with a secure VPN and can be used for different locations

Cons

You need to subscribe to get best use of the app which is not easy for all. The ads keep popping up which can be so annoying

Fabian from Engineering.com

Frontier less restrictions and data in secure.

I love it because I can listen to my music with other IP while I'm working, studying or doing other things in the same browser and I don't even make sure that my IP is from anywhere else but where I currently am. Just one tab, a couple of saved websites are in the list to be protected.

Pros

I can have it On mode for just a tab in the browser and It allows me to be unreachable for these pages that spamming you with publicity and some annoying ads. Also, you can choose where to be and see things restricted to just and only a certain local area, like documents, videos, and songs in media websites.

Cons

Almost you must turn On every time you close the browser or other applications and you open them again. It doesn't always on unless, it includes when you shut down your computer -for desktop version case- and later when you start it, you must activate it manually.

Osamah from Princess Sumaya University

Connect to any place in the world with optimal security and anonymous identity

I am a big gamer and in games, milliseconds can make a difference. In most cases, the country I live in is pretty far away from the games server, thus I would have a very bad PING and delay in the game. But Hotspot Shield VPN has brought me closer to those servers, allowing me to play my favourite games without any sort of delay and with better connectivity. I am really grateful to my friend who introduced this software to me!

Pros

The main purpose of Hotspot Shield VPN is to keep your identity secured and protected while surfing the internet as well as to connect you to literally any place / any country in the world. And the truth is said, Hotspot does what it is supposed to do with great efficiency. I like the unlimited amount of countries you can connect to from your very same seat at home! When gaming, some servers in particular countries have higher PING than others and Hotspot can give you access to those servers without the hassle of actually travelling to the countries. It is fast and efficient, some other VPN programs might slow down your internet connection, but Hotspot does not slow it down and instead, it increases it.

Cons

As good as the free trial version might be, it is not enough. The bandwidth is limited and so is the possible countries to connect to. But once you've purchased a subscription, I guarantee it you won't face any troubles! and you will enjoy endless features and deals.

Saman from Western Michigan University

Good software

I have had a very positive experience. I have used it to 1. access sites which were limited in certain countries and 2. apps whose features were limited in certain countries .

Pros

Very easy to use. This app opens any web content which is restricted in your area. This software super user friendly . You just need to open the app and click the power button and it works smoothly for hours.

Cons

As this app opens the content which is limited due to geographical limits, I am worried that this app also opens the website with viral content which can damage my phone .

My Favorite VPN

I tried out different VPN's but I liked HotSpot Shield the best. It's the most reliable and easy-to-use VPN among the ones I used.

Pros

There are lots of countries to connect to, which is nice. It's a great product if you are living in a country with restrictions on certain websites. It also provides a greater security as your actions are not traced. Speed can sometimes be an issue, but I overcame that problem by trying out different country options. So that's not too big of a problem. The speed overall is nice. For example, video streaming websites like Netflix worked without pausing.

Cons

Disconnections can be a problem if you are using the regular version, but I guess that is the nature of VPN's

Affordable, does what you need it to do

A great tool to stay anonymous and protect your browsing on the net while in public spaces or even at home. 5/5 stars.

Pros

I've been using Hotspot Shield for a few years now and I find it very easy to use. The interface looks simple and clean, and it is extremely straightforward. I have not had any problems with it failing to connect. You are able to switch your connection location with a click of a button. I use BitDefender Antivirus and it is powered by Hotspot Shield; a great combination!

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this software yet. It has served me well over the years.

Burak from York University

Industry: International Trade and Development

One of the best VPN services in the market

When I am in Turkey, I mostly use it to unblock some websites, and, when I am not, I use it mainly for security purposes.

Pros

What I like the most about Hotspot Shield are the design of the user interface and the functionality of the browser extension. Hotspot Shield offers much more than what you expect from a VPN service, by providing lots of useful information about your connection and blockers to secure your activity and it does so through a cutting-edge but user-friendly interface.

Cons

There are mainly two things that I like the least about Hotspot Shield: First, the rather limited list of country servers that can be used and, second, the monthly price of the premium account.

Tugce from University of Pennsylvania

Industry: Public Policy

Its pros outweigh its minor "flaws"

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it allows me to easily access the content I want to watch in different countries without much hassle. It is easy to use it and does not require much of a tech knowledge, especially after it is downloaded on your computer. It is pretty reliable and works in most of the cases.

Cons

The only downside that I have so far experienced is something that is also common for its competitors: issue of reliability. There is also the risk that the software cannot provide access even if it is connected and everything is as should be or disconnects or stops working when you change a tab and/or go to another webpage.

Ramiz from National Fertilizers

Industry: Farming

Excellent Software for VPN Services

Overall Experience with this software is Great. I recommend this software to all my friends and relatives to use. Very Easy to Use, Good Speed of Connectivity.

Pros

Very Easy to Use and Covers the VPN for Many Popular Countries. I have used this software many times in my daily routine work. It works fine. Speed is Good. Great

Cons

Many of its features are paid and users have to pay for accessing its features. Most Advance and Great features are paid. It's not fair. All Services should be free.

islam from freelancer

Hotspot Shield VPN _ experiment with

Great program, popular on the Internet But the paid version is better, he thought that they should continue it because it gives more advantages than an IP address, it is available, they can create offers for the reduction and work on the paid version only, this is an opinion about my experience of the product

Pros

Easy to use, free version with limited space

Cons

The free version is sometimes interrupted because the space is limited, one address does not allow you to all countries

Very good especially for Mac users

It is really easy to use and fast. I didn't have any problems when it connects. the only problem sometimes is to connect to a server.

Pros

The best thing about it is that it has a native application for Mac. The main reason i switched to Hotspot shield was its support for mac. secondly, it's very fast and easy to use with lots of servers to choose from.

Cons

The biggest pitfall is that it sometimes doesn't function well on android devices and sometimes it doesn't connect well and fast in countries with internet restrictions like Iran. It is also a bit expensive. It would also be good if it suggest the fastest possible server based on the location. For example someone in Iran may have a faster connection with UAE servers than USA.

karen from Self Employed

Industry: Cosmetics

Easy and Fast

Pros

This app is always one of my #1 apps to go to when i need hotspot VPN especially at school when you use their WiFi it blocked off some of the social apps but with this app on your phone turned on there's nothing that's being blocked.

Cons

There's nothing bad to say about this app but besides that sometimes its kind of slow but it just a lottle lag and then it gets going faster.

Hotspot shield vpn looks like our friend

I am using this software from class 12 till today and still using having good speed and I suggest this to my all friends

Pros

Hotspot shield vpn is free vpn and speed is much more better

Cons

Like this software because this now my friend

My experience with Hotspot Shield VPN

Pros

I discovered Hotspot Shield VPN while looking for a VPN that could replace the one I was using. What I like best about it is how I can use it on my browser alone. This lets me keep my software number at a minimum. Within the browser, it offers many benefits like access to geo-locked content. I also like how it gives me security while I am browsing sites because it masks my location and identity.

Cons

I have also tried using its downloadable software. It opened new doors such as secure P2P but it throttled my limited computing resources. Plus, there were way too many ads that they distracted me from work.

[free version] Among the best free VPNs yet still better to pay for VPN

- Overall pretty solid vpn for how free it is however this will only serve you well for limited usage

Pros

- It is free and the interface is slick and easy to use - Usually takes less than 10s to connect and it has US servers - IT'S FREE! and it is from a reuptable company so you're not getting ripped off - Fast enough speeds for streaming usually

Cons

- 500mb data cap and running out means that it instantly switches off - no kill switch to protect you - Very few server choices for the free version so you'll be forced to upgrade for more - Unstable speeds at times - Netflix detects the vpn - Shows ads for free version

Kush from Havells India Ltd

Works like a charm, high speeds, costly

It was a good experience, I would recommend for a trial basis.

Pros

In some situations when I needed to do torrent Hotspot Shield VPN was the one which bypassed all firewalls.

Cons

It's costly if they offer more bandwidth that will be good. Also, they update it a lot!

Eslam from Freelancer

A great VPN service

Overall, Nord VPN is a pretty decent VPN service. It offers great speed for a competitive price.

Pros

The app offers a great variety of countries and servers to connect to. It offers a 7-day free trial period, so you decide if you really want to subscribe. It allows me to bypass geographical restrictions to access some websites in the United States. The speed is very decent and it doesn't slow down your internet.

Cons

The main disadvantage of this VPN is that it is not compatible with Netflix and other streaming services. It sometimes disconnects and then reconnects randomly.

Murad from AGRIA LLC

Watch ads, Enjoy the internet

I used this app for 44 days. It was a good experience.

Pros

With watching ads, you can earn 10 minutes to use the software. You can think it is much, but no it is not. You can use it without any problem.

Cons

When I started using this software, every time you watched the ad you could use the VPN for 15 minutes, but after it decreased to 10.

Fast and safe

I use it to connect safely to keep safe my phone and computer

Pros

Hotspot shiel vpn is a good vpn software, you can keep safe your connection and you can connect fastly without any problem.

Cons

After 7 day for free it is impossible to connect on mobile and on computer you have just limited time and the app always disconnects.

Zech from Vipkid

Great VPN

Overall I would suggest this software to anyone looking for a VPN.

Pros

I have been shopping around for a VPN for some time and finally gave this a try. I enjoy it and like the added security this affords me.

Cons

It does at times interfere with normal internet activity such as streaming but a lot of that is to be expected with a VPN.

Annelies from SoulFlame BT

Industry: Writing and Editing

Works great!

I couldn't access a site that I needed for research purposes, but could access it just fine with Hotspot Shield VPN.

Pros

I use the free version of VPN and it contains all of the features I need. It's very easy to use and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for free or cheap VPN software but still has good quality.

Cons

Only one location to choose from when you use the free version. I wish there would be several other locations available.

Gede Ananda from Online Culture

Shield your location with Hotspot VPN

I've been using Hotspot Shield almost for 3 months now, the monthly pricing so affordable, even for college students like me. Definitely helped me do protect my daily internet activity, helped me a lot to browse Reddit since it's blocked in my country. I use this app on PC and Android without any problem.

Pros

The clean user interface, I like it a lot, especially on Android. Wide range of servers users can choose from. Gaming compatibility with low ping and it's cheap, even students can afford this.

Cons

The free/trial version needs some rework, because the last time I use it on the free version, the servers always led me to Middle east countries like Iran, and all the google results becoming Arabic. Sometimes the Cloudflare always asking me for Captcha because Cloudflare reports that I have a huge amount of traffic issues coming from my IP.

Oğuz from Oğuz Tosun Kliniği

A GREAT ALTERNATIVE VPN PROVIDER

To summarize it's there whenever you need a VPN connection. It's easy to use and working smoothly.

Pros

I use it when I'm in a hurry because it's really fast and easy to use. With just one click you can connect without any problem and you're connected. It provides security when you're on public wifi.

Cons

It costs a little more than the other VPN providers. It can be more affordable. But still worth to give money to Hotspot Shield.

Victor from Chuks Music Productions

Industry: Music

I Love Hotspot Shield

Pros

I loved the way it hides itself on a mac. Being completely transparent in the workflow

Cons

Honestly. Almost nothing. It's the perfect VPN software

Md Forhadul Islam from Hotel Sarina Dhaka

Easy To Connect

Pros

Hotspot Shield VPN is a very friendly user interface. it easy to understand. The most attractive part of Hotspot Shield is easy to connect without a buffer. Without creating an account you are easily collected the VPN and Use on High-Speed Internet on your restricted website.

Cons

Hotspot Shield VPN gets the Grant access to the device. I think Hotspot Shield team should work on this part. For this reason, the app is open in the background, and the battery is consumed a lot.

Mafalda from Self-employed

Worked the best

This VPN was the best in allowing me to stay in touch and work while travelling.

Pros

I had not heard of this VPN, while I had heard a lot about others, I was recommended by friends to get this one for my trip to China. I got one more VPN just to be safe and Hotspot Shield was the best one.

Cons

Not much to say since my use of it was not extensive and it worked well for me. Probably it would be great if it was available for other operating systems.

Amin from Sarv Nirou Shiraz

Was good before!

It was a good app but the protocol used by the app is not working anymore in my country.

Pros

This app is user friendly and easy to use. It also has some options for experienced users.

Cons

The app does not work anymore in my country. I have to switch to other VPN apps although I used this app more than 2 years.

Shannon from Utica

Cannot protect home network

Pros

I installed this on my home Computer. I found out it was only protecting my computer IP address but not my router IP address. I contacted the company, 2 weeks after paying for A month subscription. They just stated “sorry they are unable to protect my system”. They did not offer to refund the rest of the month, nor did they offer any solutions to try. They turned off my VPN immediately , so I lost the remainder of the month I had already paid for as well.

Cons

Does not protect home networks, terrible customer service.

Andre from Eirene Sunrise

The best VPN

It allows making my queries and accesses in a safe and efficient way with a very fast connection.

Pros

Fast and secure connection are attributes that I value in this software. I keep it available in my browser and I can connect it as easily as with a click.

Cons

I would love it if they had more options for plans to upgrade my version.

Faizan from HFarazM

Hotspot Shield Reviews

Overall, we can recommend someone to use this app.

Pros

- Its a lightweight app and use less resources for loading. - A good feature is that it provides a secure connection

Cons

- Its very costly and provide only 500MB for free use. - Also, the countries that are free is very limited

Saurabh from Technovenus

Industry: Computer Networking

Very helpful and easy functionalities

Overall experience is very good because it helped me a lot to explore content on the internet.

Pros

Hotspot Shield VPN is very easy to use and there are so many servers to connect which is very helpful for me.

Cons

Sometimes it discounted in my iPhone but it works fine in my Windows.

OMAR from My self only

Industry: Program Development

God impression over all

I need to be safe on the internet and Hotspot shield VPN gives me that comfortably

Pros

It really perfect experience Fast connect and protect rhe data very well i only wish if the prices lower

Cons

I think it perfect for me No need for any modifications except the prices

Jeremy from Local 136

Wouldn’t download

Pros

That it was fairly cheap and when worked worked great

Cons

The constant disconnections and wouldn’t autostart

Osarumwense from Steadyframe Films

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Hotspot Shield, Premium subscription Not Worth It.

I expected more than I got from Hotspot Shield. It wasn't a good experience.

Pros

With its excellent connection speeds, useful Netflix unblocking power, Hotspot Shield has the ability to make you want to fall in love with it. Simple interface and easy to navigate.

Cons

The amount of annoying ads deliver to your device so you can use its free service is appalling. This should be looked into. Recently, it's not connecting properly. The connection failures should be looked into. It is very difficult to login most times. Even after paying for premium service, the account still remains basic with no premium access. These shortcomings should be addressed.

Mark from Pizza Hut

Industry: Food Production

Hotspot VPN shield

Pros

This software works as an excellent vpn. Whenever I need to mask my identity/ details online I always use this software

Cons

The app can run slow at times but this is a small issue.

Mohamed from SGM

Industry: Mining & Metals

EASY VPN app

Pros

it is easy to use and has a free version.

Cons

It is not stable and speed is not great.

A decent hotspot software

Using Hostpot Shield VPN has been a decent experience. I had some reliability issues.

Pros

Hotspot Shield VPN provides decent quality VPN connection for private browsing. Also it allows to open websites which are normally blocked or filtered in your country. You can choose servers among a list of countries you want to join.

Cons

Connection gets lost frequently. Even paid version is not as reliable as some of the competing products.