All Forms On Fire Reviews

Joanna

Reviewed May 2018

Fun to use, so robust for small businesses looking for efficiency

Ability to gather info from guys in the field and turn it into nice-looking reports for customers and actionable knowledge for the office.

PROS

When my business needed a form built and I was tired of waiting for programmers to build stuff for us that cost a lot of money and our time trying to explain to them what we needed, then wasn't quite right because they still don't really understand our business, I decided to build one myself. I then spent a lot of time looking at different products, and most of the ones that had the core functionality I needed (the ability to automatically create PDFs) were either too annoyingly simple and couldn't make the calculations I needed or they were so complex I would have to learn a lot of programming. Thank goodness I found Forms on Fire! It's the perfect middle ground that lets me do amazing things with a little work and playing around but takes care of the basics in the background.

CONS

They have a knowledge base that is great for getting started, but often doesn't show enough examples for me to quickly understand how to make their more advanced features work. And sometimes they go ahead and release new features (yay!) without fully debugging or writing up how to use or the bugs they've already found and are working on.

Hi Joanna, we appreciate your kind words and we now have a process in place for adding examples to our knowledge base, which occurs every week!

Replied November 2018

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Technical Surveys

We needed a way to capture survey information from our engineers and have that data distributed to our designers and sales people to assess the results - many of our customers are in rural areas with no internet coverage, so the ability to work off-line was critical. We use the software on a regular basis and are able to instantly update the survey forms with engineer feedback for re-use within minutes. It has helped us conform to industry documentation requirements as well as provide consistent data for our designers to work with.

PROS

Easy to use and create sophisticated data entry forms for our engineers to capture customer data. The killer feature for us is the off-line ability to capture data and then upload automatically when next connected. Customer support is amazing!

CONS

It does a whole lot more than we need, so it would be good to be able to use a simpler cut-down version

Reasons for switching to Forms On Fire

no true off-line capture abilities, FoF has a whole lot of data analysis capbilities and integration that we would use in the future

Terry

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2018

Team was very attentive to our needs at the time along with ongoing support.

PROS

We were able to customize it to meet our needs of both the developers and the end users. The ability to take a few steps back was important to get the software working they way we wanted it to

CONS

The inability to change the structure of the software once we went too far down the development path.

Hello Terry and thanks for writing. Many of our clients find it easy to change the structure. Please contact support@formsonfire.com to schedule a complimentary session with a platform specialist to help you make the changes you want.

Carlos

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Evaluating this software

No sure, I just test it on a trial version and still on evaluation

PROS

easy to implement, low code or no code, streamlining processes

CONS

No sure, I just test it on a trial version and still on evaluation

No sure, I just test it on a trial version and still on evaluation

Hello Carlos, we are very grateful for you starting a trial of the platform and we hope you found it useful. Please contact us on support@formsonfire.com for any help you require.

Matthew Maximo

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Forms are definitely on Fire!!!!

Forms on fire was exactly the middle ground we needed between being offline using paper and developping our own mobile app for internal use. We decided that simply digitizing the forms was the best use of our time and money and it has had a great ROI. Within the first 3 weeks of using FoF we were able to increase productivity and decrease paper to computer entry completely. Reports that usually took 1 hrs to gather the information and another hour to digitize and publish could be done on the fly during the data gathering phase.

PROS

This software is so easy to use! If you can drag and drop you can make a nice UI and form that is accessible reliably from any mobile platform. We really did have an easy time taking our existing excel sheets, modifying them to a forms on fire friendly format and setting that up. Total effort was about 10 hrs for a form conversion (first time, and done manually).

CONS

We got stuck with a few elements (how to pass data in a certain format) that didn't work, but Forms on fire customer support were available to help us get through it. It turns out it was user error and not Forms on Fire

Hey Matthew, thank you for your 10 out of 10 review. Our support team is always available via email, telephone, or chat whenever you need us.

Dustin

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Highly customizable and critical to our operations!

Generally a great experience. Any issues have been quickly resolved by the FOF team.

PROS

Forms on Fire is highly customizable and allows me to import my data to various platforms like Excel, PowerBI, and custom databases.

CONS

No real complaints. The software meets our needs.

Reasons for switching to Forms On Fire

Customization and more granular data

Thank you so much for your review. Be sure to reach out to support whenever you need us.

Robert H

Real Estate

Reviewed April 2018

Insane levels of power and customization at an affordable price

FoF allowed us to create custom inspection forms to match exactly what we needed without any superfluous junk that would just get in the way. Other platforms we looked at required us to use pre-existing templates that would make us either have to ignore or fill out stuff we didn't care about, while FoF allowed us to make custom inspection forms for every aspect of the business for easy tracking/sorting/recording of in-field data that's vital to our business.

PROS

It allows anyone to customize inspection forms for literally any industry and/or location at an affordable price. Get just what you want, nothing more, nothing less. One-size-fits-all doesn't actually fit anyone; this software fits YOU like a bespoke suit from Lloyd's of London.

CONS

The interface to make your own forms isn't 100% intuitive, though the amount of time needed to learn is very short and you can be up and running in less than an hour. Subsequent customization of forms is really easy.

Thank you Robert, we appreciate the kind words and glad you have joined our movement!

Claudine

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

FOF has provided a very efficient and effective tool for us to record and report information from very remote locations. It was easy to import and integrate the data captured with other analytics to enhance overall company reporting. I highly recommend this product.

PROS

This product has saved us significant time recording and reporting data from remote locations. It is easy to use and the support staff was very easy to work with!

CONS

At this point we have not had any major issues or cons with this product.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our product! We're thrilled to hear that it has significantly streamlined your data recording and reporting processes, especially in remote locations. Your praise for our user-friendly interface and supportive staff is greatly appreciated. It's awesome to know that you've found value in Forms On Fire's application and we are happy to hear that the system has contributed to enhancing your company's reporting capabilities. Your high recommendation means a lot to us!

Replied October 2023

Clinton

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Customer Service is Key

PROS

The application and backend are easy to use and normally very stable. FoF is great to work with to get issues ironed out or answer questions quickly if there is an issue or a question.

CONS

It would be nice if the backend was more customizable.

Hello and thank you for your review. We are very interested in your ideas about how the backend could be more customizable and if you're willing, we would love to hear your ideas. Book a time by sending an email to support@formsonfire.com. You'll be joined by one of our product specialists to hear your ideas. Thank you so much for your consideration!

Jackie

Reviewed March 2018

Make Forms That Make Everyone's Life Easier!

PROS

I'm a CODiE Award judge and have seen a ton of product. Forms On Fire are clearly mobile experts and have built a product that solves a core problem: how to create forms that make everyone's life easier - starting with yours! (No need to hire an army of SW developers who'll take months, only to add so much complexity that end-users won't use them.) In my opinion, here are some best use cases: Marketing & Finance Execs have 100's of new projects requiring input from multiple key stakeholders, critical dependencies and conflicting deadlines (activations, email campaigns, events, trade shows, surveys, new product launches, press releases, content updates etc..). Collaboration meetings are endless, the teams out straight and deadlines are near. The last thing anyone wants to do is fill out a form - unless you can make one that's easy and adds to their productivity, rather than subtracts. Formsonfire let's you create a form for repeatable tasks that you can also pre-set to be sent to the parties you choose to, at the schedule you need. Its intuitive design, the fanatically customer-centric support team and library of visual tutorials, ensure the form you envisioned is exactly what you get. Only you know how your key stakeholders' world works. You can make it easy for them, and they'll make life easier for you. In today's gig economy, (Lyft, Uber, Instacart, Postmates, Jobble etc.),HR onboards 100's or staff, quickly and accurately. Formsonfire's the answer!

CONS

I was able to get started without contacting them for any help. But more tutorials are always welcome.

Thanks again for your kind words Jackie, and if you want to get another product tour to see what is coming down the road, sign up at our web site.

Micah

Used free trial

Reviewed April 2016

GOOD DIY FORM BUILDER

I run a small business and needed a form built. I had looked at other places but most required you to pay them to build a form and were easily over $2,000. A reason I was attracted to Forms on Fire was they provide DIY templates which can be customized. Before trying to build it myself, I enquired about them building my form. Their estimate came back at the price for an 8 hour retainer(Quite Hefty). At hearing that, I Reckon as long as it doesn't take me 80 hours to build it on my own ill be doing ok. I am not a computer savvy person, I didn't know what many of the names of certain features meant. At the time I thought maybe for a person who's used to building forms with binary code or something crazy this may be an "easy" DIY form builder. For a person off the street however, I think it would be very confusing. If it were not for Learning about a free tech support session with one of their staff, I think I would still be banging my head on my desk. I jumped at the chance to get some insight into this brave new world I had entered. I was astoundingly fortunate to have spent the session with Megan who was absolutely delighted to show me through the form and explain the terminology(FYI they have since put together a bunch of youtube video tutorials). After that amazingly helpful session, I then proceeded to build my entire form for the next three hours( it really is easy once you know what the terminology is). The form has since taken maybe another hour to tweak and add some things to make it perfect. All told from beginning to end it has taken five hours(75 hours ahead of schedule...SAVINGS!). Once I was guided through, it actually became fun. I'm so happy with how it turned out, and it has given me a huge advantage over the competition. I would highly recommend watching the videos, taking the support session(I hope you get to spend the session with megan she is a wonderful guide) and build it yourself. The feeling of accomplishment and knowing its built to your exact specifications, saving money but more importantly time is priceless. cheers!!

Sébastien

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Great software and Costumer service

The mobile experience is great overall. We got problems with specific form when we tried to get a task done. The mobile version is pretty much intuitive. Users learned very quickly by themselves.

PROS

This software has multiple features. The form builder offers you any kind of options you’d have and needs. Their customer service and technician quickly reply to your questions and problems. Detailed users management.

CONS

The form builder is a bit tricky to learn. If your needs are basics features it’s quite simple, but since you get in more complex forms then you’d probably need their help to get it work properly.

Reason for choosing Forms On Fire

Customization options and versatility.

Kay

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Genius

Overall-- 5 stars. The customer service really puts Forms on Fire over the top.

PROS

Customer support is out of this world. Quick to respond and available to help. Forms on Fire is amazing for our company because we are so spread out, and many of our employees do not have access to a printer when they need it. This enables us to get data from our field guys, and they never have to leave the field to do it.

CONS

I had a hard time with the connectors and the templates, but it is super easy after being walked through the process.

Hi Kay, we are super grateful for your review and explaining both the system and our support. Contact our support anytime you need help walking through the new product features coming out each quarter.

Tyler

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Easy and Friendly

The app allows me to complete site inspections quickly and accurately identify hazards across the city . Very easy to use and when I get stuck forms on fire support is there to help when needed.

PROS

This software application allowed us to build a easy to use inspection form that captures information and pictures. the system then turns this data into the final report allowing department managers an easy to read report to identify corrections. the forms on fire app does away more than our IT department allows great ways to capture data this is amazing product.

CONS

The only con is that I am not allowed to use all the awesome features available with this product.

Tyler, we really appreciate your review and we're happy that you are completing inspections quickly and accurately. If there is a feature you think you could implement to improve your experience, don't hesitate to reach out to our support group for assistance. :)

Chad

Public Safety, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2020

User friendly

PROS

I love how easy it is to fill out the forms and the ability to add new forms as needed

CONS

In ability to delete a form in the field if you needed to

Jose

Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2017

Forms on Fire Amazing

Forms on fire (FOF) allows for businesses to create forms and automate processes that would otherwise be time consuming in the paper world. I tried and reviewed numerous other companies Fast Forms, Pronto Forms and Happy Inspector to name a few to determine the product that best served my needs. I needed a software easy to use, flexible and worked on three platforms iOS, Android and Windows. The ability to design, create and import data in different formats to include software support. Most importantly it needed to be priced affordably. Let me state this clearly, FOF is truly an amazing software that met all my expectations. Most importantly the pricing was lower if not comparable to the competition. The customer service was just insane, they were helpful, provided my with video and live support, one on one session and followed up with me to see if I had questions (I had plenty). What sealed the deal for me was the pricing and the cross platform availability. Megan Jackson of FOF was fantastic and incredibly helpful. As of the posting of this review, FOF redesigned the dashboard and it was no surprise to see that it was astatically pleasing visually and even more functional. Guys keep up the good work!

PROS

The availability to use it on different platforms ios, android and windows. I am not always in the field so when I am on the desktop (Windows) I love that I can open the software edit forms and preview what it will look like without having to use my tablet.

CONS

I would like to see more flexibility with the logo design, specifically I could not enlarge the logo. I would also like to see a mission or vision field that can be incorporated with the logo design.

Shawn

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Game changer

It's been extremely positive. From implementation to support the people there have been wonderful.

PROS

The sheer amount of API and Cap integrations make this software so versatile in managing and collecting data. All you need to do is set it up on the back-end and users will intuitively understand how to make it work.

CONS

Nothing yet, so far this has been exactly as I had hoped it would be.

Reason for choosing Forms On Fire

More features at a lower price point.

Shawn, thank you for putting your trust in us. We love what you've done with our platform and look forward to seeing what you'll do in the future.

Replied July 2021