All monday.com Reviews

Monday.com User Review

yasin

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Monday works wonders for project management in manufacturing

I'm very happy with the boost Monday's given us in managing our projects. We first bought it to set up shared boards for our projects, but very quickly expanded our use into shared documents, forms, notes, and more. I definitely recommend it if you need one source of truth for project management.

PROS

I like the sandbox environment it creates to boost collaboration. We have shared boards to monitor everyone's tasks, shared documents, forms, etc. When you need a new type of document or collaborative environment, chances are, Monday will already have it.

CONS

It's hard to start using it confidently in the beginning. I was a bit overwhelmed in the beginning by all the different modules available. It might be a bit frustrating to onboard to it if you can't spare a lot of time to learn it in the beginning

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Excel worked well in the beginning, but it starts to get very confusing and hard to manage when you start to have a lot of projects to track. Its UI is also pretty old now.

Joe

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Not a bad product, but not for us.

Totally fine, just not the product for us.

PROS

This is a great idea for an inexpensive process management system.

CONS

This was a little too difficult to implement, and didn't integrate with the systems we had in place already, so it was too heavy a lift to add to our organization.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Looking for a more seamless solution to our small company project planning needs.

Reviewed June 2024

Robust features but tough to implement

PROS

Has pretty much every feature you would need for project management. Very powerful and robust platform

CONS

The user interface was really hard to navigate, even for a tech savvy team like ours. Adoption was tricky because it took a lot of initial setup and training to get people to use the product consistently and effectively. It wasn’t as intuitive as we had hoped

Jessica

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Monday.com for nonprofits

PROS

We are getting Monday.com for FREE, which is amazing. That's the main reason we chose it over other products. I think it's wise for monday.com to offer this, because if our employees move on to other companies after being introduced to monday.com, they are more likely to implement it there if they are already familiar with it. I love the customizability of monday.com.

CONS

The time tracking feature. We are using another app for time tracking. Monday.com does a good job of tracking time for specific tasks, but we haven't been able to figure out how to track all of our time on a timesheet. While the customizability is great, sometimes monday.com can seem a bit advanced for our small org. There are so many features to explore, but sometimes it can be overwhelming or beyond our needs.

Reason for choosing monday.com

Monday.com is superior for task and project management, but we're still using paymo for time tracking & paying for that feature.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

We were using the free version of asana for our 3 person team, but now we are expanding use of the app to the entire org. Monday.com was the way to go because of the pricing and the flexibility. There are also lots of great tutorials.

Mai

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2024

Powerful tool, however the Kanban board feature could be better

PROS

That its graphical user interface really beautiful and neat is

CONS

that its pricing is more expensive than Trello for example and it is harder to set up than Trello- one of its competitors

Reasons for switching to monday.com

I just wanted to try a new tool to see whether this tool lives up to the hype of its advertising

Julijana

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A lot of possibilities, but difficult set up

PROS

One of our teams loved using Monday.com, especially for capacity management and project allocation. Monday has great visuals which makes the complex table easy to read!

CONS

It was super complex to set up Monday.com. The onboarding team also did not fully understand our usecases and our needs, so even tho we paid them to set us up, we still needed to do everything ourselves.

Herlene

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Streamlined Task Management for Financial Advisors

Overall, Monday.com has been a valuable tool for our financial advisory team. It has streamlined our processes, improved our client management, and made our workflow more efficient. Great! I highly recommend it!

PROS

Monday.com has greatly enhanced our efficiency in handling client queries and managing our daily tasks.The visual layout allows us to see the progress of each task easily, ensuring we stay on top of our commitments.

CONS

The initial setup can be a bit complex and might take some time to get used to. There are many features and options, which can be overwhelming for new users.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Monday.com is a versatile project management platform that enhances team collaboration and productivity

PROS

What I like most about Monday.com is its flexibility, allowing users to tailor workflows and dashboards to fit their specific project needs, which significantly enhances team efficiency and organization.

CONS

What I like least about Monday.com is that its wide range of features can sometimes be overwhelming for new users, leading to a steep learning curve initially.

1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Streamlining Project Management for a More Productive Workflow

PROS

Monday.com has been an invaluable tool for managing my projects and staying organized. The intuitive interface and customizable boards make it easy to track progress, collaborate with clients, and keep tasks on schedule. Automations have saved me time, allowing me to focus on the creative aspects of my work. Integrations with other tools like Slack and Google Drive have further streamlined my workflow, making project management a breeze.

CONS

Monday.com's pricing can be a bit high for small businesses, assess your needs and choose the right plan.

Aziz

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

monday.com Review

My overall experience with monday.com is excellent.

PROS

It helped us achieve our goals in project development and marketing. It saved time.

CONS

The application could be more up to date and visually simplified.

Karen

Construction, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Great Software, Easy To Use & Great Value for Money

Overall, Monday is a great tool to manage workload, projects, and keep people working together in a collaborative space. I would highly recommend this product to others if they are looking for an inexpensive, easy to use tool that is easy to implement. However, just beware, you will need to have an idea of how you want to use this tool otherwise the features may be too plentiful and not explained well enough to help out a user who is just looking for ideas.

PROS

Monday is a tool that my team uses daily to manage our workload. We're a Lean culture and use pull plans to tackle many large scale projects. Monday works really well for not only putting these pull plans together, but allowing for external users to view the workspace without having to purchase a license as well as enabling a dashboard that shows the workload across multiple workspaces/pull plans.

CONS

You're left to your own devices to figure a lot of the features out yourself. For the most part this is fine, but it can get frustrating when certain features and views were not always working the way I expected them to. For example, I created a dashboard to show all due dates according to the week. However, some dates just simply didn't populate if they were 3-4 weeks out. Instead they showed as "No date". I read the community forums, asked questions and tried everything I could, but in the end wasn't able to figure out why this was happening. I really wish their support team was more accessible. If I can't figure out what I'm trying to do I feel like I have no course of action other than to just scrap it and try something else.

Reason for choosing monday.com

Monday seemed like a tool that could allow for multiple workspaces, creation of templates and was a tool that was not only easy to manage my team with, but was also able to give me the visibility I needed into what my team was working on without a lot of hassle to implement.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Wrike was an ok tool for what we were trying to do, but seemed a bit more cumbersome to use and set-up our pull plans, which require a milestone, objectives and tactical plans.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2021

Right Performance and user friendly CRM Tool

Monday.com is an helpful CRM tool, I find it very useful because of its user friendliness, pipeline management, marketing campaign management. They do allow a 14 days trail with no credit card required to test the useful functionalities of monday.com Since it is web based it is easy to use I said lightweight app page.

PROS

Monday.com helps team members to analyze task quickly that they need to work on, workflows are based on the collaborative needs across department such as IT management and administrator team to ensures the stage gates are rightly set for an efficient collaboration. The inbuilt Project management tool can adopt the kaban or gantt chart style for those who love project updates on those charts, Especially useful for users who are used to the traditional type of Project management functionality, and the updates bar in real time. The interface is very neat and colorful, there are multiple widgets and apps that we can add in to the page. The best feature that I like is the ease of use to set up a project dashboard and to add the workflow for the communication and notification with tasks that are needed for the project.

CONS

Monday.com have to bring back their phone support which got stopped due to the pandemic. Non registered users cannot see any data or reports even in view only mode, so managing users info has no value with out getting them registered on monday.com. Have limited software integrations such as slack and even few certain exchange emails.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Sales Force is leading tool but their UI is complex for business users

Nils

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

No more spreadsheets!

Monday.com gives us the freedom to build online tools to manage all daily tasks in our business. The versatility makes it our weapon of choice.

PROS

Monday.com is like a customizable spreadsheet in the cloud. It's easy to build any project management sheet you need. Projects to work on, time tracking, internal training, you name it. Just add the column (like status, text, numbers, formulas, assigned people, etc.) and create groups that make sense to you. Automations save a lot of time doing repetitive project management tasks.

CONS

Subitems are still relatively new, so not all features are working properly yet. New features are being released often, but now I have to use regular items to keep track of time spent per employee.

Reason for choosing monday.com

It feels more like the style we were familiair with, but without many of the downsides.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

When the team was growing, more and more problems arose when using Excel sheets, like duplicates, old files and a lot of time and effort to keep it look clean. Monday.com gives a more visual experience and drag and drop prevents data from being misplaced.

Melissa

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

A huge assistance in keeping us on track with our job

As a group, we're making use of Monday.com. I had no idea what to anticipate, but I was pleasantly surprised right away. You should use this program if you want your team to be able to communicate and keep tabs on their progress. You may set up a "dashboard" for each project, assign individuals to each job, set a due date, and so forth.

PROS

Our company made use of Monday.com. I've had a wonderful time with monday.com. Personal and business endeavors alike benefit from my usage of this tool. Using it, I'm able to get things done. Depending on the team's progress, each assignment might be given to one or more persons. It's the go-to tool for getting things done in general since we can do so much more with it.

CONS

When more than two persons (3+) are involved in a project, a payment plan is required. A larger crew means a higher price tag. If you know how to utilize the tool effectively, taking a plan is in your best interest monday.com.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Very user-friendly program. One of the coolest features is that our staff can utilize it on both the web and mobile devices. Project progress may be monitored from any location, as long as we have an Internet connection. We enjoy it since we can build projects, add team members to work on it, and add tasks to it.

Juliana

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Perfect organization with monday.com

I think that my team's experience with monday.com has been very positive, and it has helped me tremendously in having more organization around all my projects. It helps me break down my time into different aspects and helps me put more effort into urgent and important tasks that need to be completed during the day. monday.com has also been of great aid in providing helpful tools to make our projects as automated as possible and helping us get rid of many tasks that we used to do manually but now this tool helps us complete them in a timely manner without any issues, and as a result of that, I can focus on my projects in more depth and plan all my work for the week rapidly, as well as improving our workflow as a team and helping me sort different tasks and asign them to different members.

PROS

Monday.com is my preferred project management tool. It is a very versatile software and it provides great features that help me manage all my projects in a seamless way. I like that it is very customizable and allows me to view my projects in many different ways. Monday.com has a smart way to track progress and it is present uring every stage of a project, helping me brainstorm in the beginning stage and helping me finish all my projects successfully. I also like the fact that it has the ability to create and organize tasks, creating to-do lists and reports that help me understand and keep track of my own progress and my team's progress simulatenously, and making it easier to know what to schedule in our calendars and helping us organize our workflows better. Monday.com also has many beautiful templates that adjust to every single project and it has a wide variety of boards that let me choose how to view my project and how to view my tasks.

CONS

Monday.com is not the most user-friendly software and it shows in the beginning stages of setting everything up in the software. I personally had a hard time using it in the beginning as I felt that the platform looked too cluttered and it felt very hard to organize things to make it look like my own space. Thankfully, this software is very customizable and I was able to adjust it to my needs eventually and make it feel more like my style and my business' style, and it has improved my workflow greatly. One more thing that I don't like about monday.com is the fact that the pricing plans don't have much variety and it's quite a high price for small businesses.

Reason for choosing monday.com

Asana seemed like a great option but ultimately we ended up choosing monday.com because of the amount of tools we thought fit better for our organization.

Brandon

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Monday.com is great for sharing projects in real time

Because of the volume of customers we serve, monday.com is vital in maintaining order. This helps us organize our many clients' requirements and initiatives so that we may better serve them. We also find it useful for internal communication; we can simply add a tag to the name of the person we want to contact.

PROS

I really appreciate how straightforward and simple it is to use. They regularly update the site with new features and advice on how to make the most of those features. The speed and quality of their assistance to customers is unparalleled. Our organization couldn't function on a daily basis without Monday.com.

CONS

At the time, I can't think of anything I despise. Although I have been using it for a while, I continue to learn new ways in which it might benefit our business. So much is available there. In the best possible manner, it is overpowering.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Quickly assists in placing orders and keeps me apprised of their status. Facilitates a state of optimal productivity. My output has increased. We use collaborative to-do lists in both our business and personal lives.

Thomas

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Spreadsheets with super powers!

Monday.com is one of the core tools our staff use and it is so heavily integrated into each department's workflow that we would struggle without it at this point. It is incredibly powerful and a fantastic organizational service for any type of information.

PROS

We absolutely love how robust Monday.com's features are and how easy they are to use. Each department utilizes Monday.com in different ways, but they all utilize Monday.com DAILY! It is one of our core work tools and without it's organization and collaboration we wouldn't be as efficient as we have become.

CONS

There is a bit of a learning curve for new users to Monday.com since it has so many features, integrations, and automations available to create the perfect workflow and information management system, specific to your (or your department's) needs. This has caused us to need a bit more time for onboarding new staff to give them a full overview of how their specific department uses Monday.com, but the long term benefits far outweigh the initial time investment.

Reason for choosing monday.com

The design and features made Monday.com feel like the better product overall.

Mike