Browse DEAR Systems Reviews

Robert from IntegrationKings

IntegrationKings review of Dear Systems

A great overall platform for anyone selling products in the market that wants to control their Inventory correctly and the workflows in relation to an Inventory business. Also from an accounting background it is a full end-to-end solution in relation to ensuring the accounting is 100% correct in the business.

Pros

The features we like most about Dear Systems and so do the clients we work with are: - Integrations around stock control and sales workflows with Woo Commerce and Shopify. - Complete bi-directional integration with Xero and QBooks Online. - Love the fact that we can do Supplier Deposits and Customer Deposits, tracking them correctly within the accounting system. - Also the fact that we can do multi-level Build of Materials for manufacturing clients and then sell via multiple of sales channel.

Cons

The features we least like most about Dear Systems: - Reporting in the platform takes abit to set-up and ensure you are getting the reporting you want out of the system. - Would like to see more integrations over time into the core platform overall as well.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Better integration overall in relation to the accounting workflows with Xero, plus a very good Partner network and team to work with internally.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Wanted better integration overall with the accounting within the business and in some cases wanted to move away from their old clunky ERP platform that was running their business still from a server.

Ben from Offally Good Food

What a relief

DEAR Systems is everything I wanted Unleashed and MRP Easy to be. Its flexible to use, has ongoing gold standard support at no extra cost, has a great looking interface and has very customisable membership extras. I clearly cant talk more highly about DEAR and its because I had such a lousy time with the others.

Pros

Best support I have ever had with any business software. The live chat is full of highly experienced operators who respond very quickly to get you back on track. Very fast and easy to understand onboarding. Much less help needed than others. The video tutorials are excellent. The interface is modern looking. The process from CO to MO is visual and easy to follow. The Automation option is worth every dollar.

Cons

Not enough Business intelligence information. Not enough visual information in reporting like graphs and tables. There is a taste of it in the dashboard but thats the extent of it. B2B Portal needs the option to pick what products certain groups of stores get to see vs others.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

I have onboarded with tested MRP Easy and Unleashed. Both of those suites are dated and employ very under-skilled support operators. This leads to very very frustrating onboarding. In the end you are told to find an overpriced 3rd party (partner) who works with every piece of software under the sun and gives you lousy service. I spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours wasting my time with MRP Easy and Unleashed until I found DEAR Systems. Save your time and money.

Malcolm from IT Enterprise Business Solutions Ltd

Dear System Review

We found that Dear Systems had all the inventory requirements already built in with extra functionality of the production module allowed us to structure each one of these operations in a logical sequence. We have brought a number of our clients on to Dear systems and every one of them have appreciated the ease of use and the increased options it offers.

Pros

In discovering Dear Systems we found that the program allowed us greater functionality than most ERP systems. Although it is quite intuitive to use it packs a punch when you get deeper within the program with some functionality that much more expensive programs don’t have. Xero handles the accounting in the background whilst the sync between them works seamlessly so that you don’t notice that you are actually using 2 different programs.

Cons

The program just concentrates on inventory so other modules such as CRM are not fully developed and you would need to get an additional addin. Everything else works really well

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Once set up the module is easy to use and has some functionality that even more expensive known brands do not have. In discovering Dear Systems we found that the program allowed us greater functionality than most ERP systems. It provides excellent value as it is price competitive against other options on the market whilst offering more functionality. We have brought a number of our clients on to Dear systems and every one of them have appreciated the ease of use and the increased options it offers. This program is suitable for any small to medium manufacturing business.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

The original legacy software was no longer supported. See details on our website at: [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Cole from ProdataKey

Poor Experiences

I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

Pros

It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

Cons

This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there. Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday. Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address. Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well. TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied April 2020

Hello Cole, Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected. One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Joe from Lawn Solutions Australia

DEAR Assistance

The customer support we received was fantastic whilst we were importing data from our old system. Our overall experience has been really good.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate and is very customisable. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from DEAR Support were both fantastic in helping us switch from a previous soft ware to DEAR. They answered all our questions quickly and accurately and were always very proactive in ensuring everything went smoothly. Highly recommend.

Cons

The reporting is slightly limited but otherwise everything else seems good.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Updated our accounting software and it didnt have the inventory functionality we needed.

Luke from Beat Food Group

Great Product, Great Price

DEAR does exactly what it says it does, its a no frills solution for a company with basic inventory needs. We moved to DEAR from MS Dynamics NAV due to the fact that Dynamics options were limitless and for a still small but growing business it was too feature heavy and navigating around to get to the parts we needed was tiresome. What I'd really like to see is a stronger roadmap now from Dear to ramp up their features, particularly reporting isn't great, its quite static and you can't build your own, so a report builder would be ideal or an integration with a BI service so that you can build reports elsewhere. Our particular bugbear is trying to track down stock by batch and location, the information is there but its not in the best format. However for the price you can't complain, dear is an easy to use product that serves a wide variety of needs.

Pros

Easy to use, value for money, cloud based, integrates with finance package, support is great.

Cons

Reporting functionality needs work, no ios app, light on more advanced features

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Just fitted our needs better in terms of layout and usability. Personal perference, all the options we looked at were pretty much the same in terms of features. Cin7 is more expensive though and requires implementation and a fee for that.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Old solution was too feature rich, overkill for our current needs, Dear suits perfectly, although is probably going to be too feature light for us in 12-18 months unless their roll out of features increases.

Luke from Intalite UK

Industry: Wholesale

A shot in the arm every business needs

A worthwhile and rewarding learning curve.

Pros

Cloud .... Cloud .... Cloud - This cannot be understated in the world we currently live. The support is amazing - its on what's app for goodness sake, can't get much better than that. The UI is very clean and intuitive. The integrations save loads of time and money. Plus all the bog standard features you expect from an ERP system but will actually use because dear is easy to use - the amount of times I hear ' we can do that in SAP but there were too many technical issues so it was never implemented' you don't get that with Dear and if you need help its there for you.

Cons

It is unable to negotiate a UK-AU free trade deal - Dear please work on that ;) There is not much I can put in this box that dear isn't aware of and attempting to address in earnest. The dear academy will address the difficulty of onboarding new employees that aren't used to ERP systems.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Your never going to get a software that 100% fits with your current business processes but the fact you have a software provider that actively looks to improve and seeks criticism (its not always a bad word) then publishes its roadmap on addressing gaps, is pragmatism in action. Supported (and well documented) API access can plug any holes in dears offering.

Covid 19

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied February 2021

Hello Luke, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We continually thrive to do our very best to serve our customers. If you would like to master DEAR we do have a DEAR Academy (https://academy.dearsystems.com/) which will help you become an Inventory Pro. Please feel free to contact us via email (support@dearsystems.com) or on WhatsApp (+44-1244-940807) if you have any questions or concerns. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

ivan from ASIS technologies Pte Ltd

Great cloud-based ERP software

It is my first exposure to cloud-based ERP software, DEAR. I am pretty pleased with its performance. Pretty simply to use and easily to understand each module. The tutorial video presentation is really useful which u can easily accessing it by clicking from the main menu. No hassle to go around to find it. Overall, my management and myself are pleased to spend almost 6 months to switch over from our existing ERP system

Pros

User friendly Good video demonstration on tutorial, easy to understand and follow excellent aftersales support - swift in response

Cons

No direct module to handle goods replacement and warranty process /RMA portions Not too user friendly or suitable to be used on project based jobs/ activities

Easy to use (user friendly) Great aftersales support

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Increase productivity. No hassle of maintaining the sever locally

Dustin from Dirty Bird Industries, LLC

Growing SMBs / Midsized Companies are taking a chance with DEAR, Enterprise should avoid at all cost

They do not seem to have a very good handle on their "Official" integrations. We have a Woocommerce store that does about 30,000 orders per month and we recently had an issue where no returns or refunds were being imported to DEAR. In the mean Time our CS agents were entering all credit notes and restocks manually in DEAR. It took almost 20 days of back and forth for DEAR to finally point out that their system was not receiving web hook notifications and was in polling mode. 20 days! New situation, shipstation integration just stopped working. Submitted a ticket with the error details and steps to reproduce. Instead of getting any meaningful feedback, instead of their technical team just simply trying to reproduce it on their end which they would obviously do if they were developing the integration, they replied back that they needed to know the request details that shipstation is trying to send. They want the JSON payload presumably. But how in the world can they develop an integration if they don't already know what that response is supposed to be? How can they develop it without having a shipstation account of their own to test? The answer is they do and they can but they don't. It is much more convenient for them to simply kick the can down the road by telling the tier one person they need more information.

Pros

What I like most is that it is built by accountants. Costing is done better than most systems. I also like that it has a fairly strong inventory management and production modules. Purchasing / Receiving is average but the WMS below average. We use it all.

Cons

Customer support is absolutely horrendous. They are reasonably fast to respond but you will always be given a tier 1 support agent who can't do much but reiterate the documentation to you. Their technical team seems outsourced because in 4 years I have not been able to have a live troubleshooting session with them. Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations. For over 6 months we had an issue where any advanced purchase (a purchase with more than one invoice and receiving) would not place the correct receiving record with the correct invoice. And you can't even choose which receiving note to associate to which invoice. So we would have open invoices which were actually received and closed invoices which had not been received. I had dozens of back and forth messages with support and I ended up having to get a DEAR partner to reach out to them on my behalf and get in touch with someone who could actually get it fixed. Then after we got told they would work on a fix it took another month or two for the fix to be implemented. And it still isn't perfect. Another time, the support team deleted one of my eCommerce store applications. This meant we had to re-add the store and it re-imported and duplicated about 50,000 orders, causing a disastrous mess. Technical team refused to help so we had to go page by page in the interface and void 100 at a time.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

It was cheaper. And it was also a mistake. 4 years later and it is by far the source of the most frustration. If you're evaluating ERPs support must be your number one criteria your business will not be able move quickly if you have to fight to get information and action from your vendor's support team. The system is not bad. And in some cases the issue was with the third party they were integrating with, but these issues can never be resolved without the two teams working together. And that just does not happen at DEAR. The technical team seems like a whole other company. I suspect it is outsourced or something. The support and willingness of the technical team to help is abhorrent. I have more horror stories but I ran out of space to write.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied March 2021

Hello Dustin, Thank you for your feedback. As per the conversation you had with our tech support we are pleased to have being able to resolve the aforementioned issues. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our service and your valuable feedback is highly appreciated. Regards, DEAR Team

Stefan from Beetroot Inc

Dear systems awesome

Fantastic. Best inventory system ever.

Pros

Very easy to use sales,purchase. Integration with woocommerce and xero fantastic. Good manufacturing options.

Cons

Would like the option to go with less users then the min of 5.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Cheaper then cin7 and has a pos option that unleashed lacked.

Cloud based, automation.

Dallas from AVERA PRODUCTS

Industry: Wholesale

Dear has significantly helped our company

Our overall experience is positive. It was a little bit of a learning curve, but now that we have it down, I couldn't imagine going back. It helps us stay organized and helps us become more efficient and detailed with our operations.

Pros

We transferred from Quickbooks to Dear Systems and it has been a great improvement. Our ability to manage inventory is far greater than before with QB. It's simple/easy to use, but also robust and has some very helpful features. We're in the wholesale industry. On the sales side - we love the pick, pack, and ship functions. This allows us to easily provide another level of detail for our customers that we couldn't before. We can enter what we packed on what pallet and then easily print pallet break downs and detailed packing lists. I also like the way you can mass pick, or mass print sales orders. The advance sale option is nice, so you can track back order shipments right on the same screen as the original order. On the purchase order side, the advance receiving functions let you receive inventory against one PO more than once which is helpful. We also just started keeping some inventory in another warehouse, so the ability to keep track of that through dear is nice. Also the B2B portal has been a nice addition to our company as well.

Cons

I think the reporting tab is pretty clunky, that might be what I like least about Dear. They're on the right track, and some of those reports are very helpful. It's just that I have to export them to excel and modify them quite a bit for them to be what I want them to be. Also I think the "credit purchase order" and "credit sale note" functions are pretty confusing/complicated.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Great value. Many other reasons, but but was just the right fit for what we needed. It wasn't as big as some of the other ERPs but we didn't need it to be.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

We needed a more robust inventory system.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied April 2020

Hello Dallas, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have done major improvements to the reports section. With the new UI/UX improvement that was rolled out in the beginning of 2020 the usability and functionality of reports has never been easier. We have detailed knowledge base articles for each report and how to use it. You can read more about it by visiting https://support.dearsystems.com/support/solutions/folders/1000217591/. If you have any questions you can contact us at any time on support@dearsystems.com & a Customer Success agent will be ready to do a quick demo to help you. Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Dave from Drum BSS Ltd

After trialing three chosen cloud-based stock-management solutions for my clients DEAR won my vote.

Pros

The software can be used "out-of-the-box" after a minimal amount of setup, and can also be used in more complex installations where bespoke software development might be needed. The simplicity of the initial setup, the simplicity of the menu navigation, and the speed with which new users are able to grasp what they need to do to accomplish their tasks caused me to take a closer look at this software and I'm glad I took the time to do so. The multiple warehouse locations field, along with the multiple bin locations field, both available in DEAR but not available in some other offerings, is a basic requirement of a stock management system as far as I am concerned. Whilst the software might appear complex for first-time users, those with experience of stock systems and business processes should find it a breeze to set up and use for the purpose intended, especially if they are familiar with setting up other software. It's an advantage, but not a requirement, if the person(s) setting it up also have an understanding of business accounts and are able to find their way around creating/editing MS Word mail-merge templates. I am impressed that I have been able to use the software to accomplish pretty much every task that my clients' have asked of it so far. The ease of integration with other cloud-based applications puts another tick in the box for me.

Cons

This is a comment and not a complaint; although the reporting functionality in the 'out-of-the-box' version is adequate there is room for improvement. The limitations can be overcome by exporting the files and adapting them as needed. Those with a more specific software development skill- set (or more time to learn) would be able to achieve a great deal more from the software than is possible using the 'out-of-the-box' version.

Nick from N2N Digital

The best cloud-based Inventory Management option for SMEs

As a consultant implementing DEAR Inventory for a wide range of SMEs, we have solved an innumerable amount of problems along the way. From Batch tracking, to serial number tracking, integrations with online stores, accounting, shipping, reporting and forecasting, etc, it is all there. The team at DEAR are generally very quick to respond and offer assistance, and the users are given the power to request and vote on new features to be implemented. The subscription pricing is also at a point where it represents huge value for money.

Pros

As a cloud integration consultant working with SMEs in Adelaide and interstate to solve inventory management issues by implementing the right software, DEAR has proven again and again to be the leading choice for these businesses and is now our recommended choice as an implementation specialist. DEAR has the functionality to provide a central solution to any SME looking to sell online or instore across a number of channels, and manage all the inventory in one place.The integration with Xero is top notch and the most robust I've seen of almost any app that connects to Xero. The integrations to eCommerce channels are consistent in their setup and options and allow a great deal of flexibility. Complementing these integrations are shipping service integrations that allow for a full suite of inter-connected apps with DEAR as the hub.

Cons

If I had a gripe, it would be around some minor inconsistencies within the UI across various parts of the software, as well as some minor inconsistencies with various reports that are available.

Owen from OneSquare

Simple but very, very effective Inventory management and general business operations software

The business administration is now a multiple of it's previous efficiency. We can track sales, purchases and performance far, far more efficiently than before. The proof is in the pudding - walk around our sales office and at least one screen on every desk will have DEAR open.

Pros

The software is made up of simple to understand modules that have a clear purpose and have extremely good help videos and articles available. There is a "simple" and "advanced" version of most functions which makes carrying out most tasks extremely efficient while still having the power of the full functionality available in the background if needed. Any simple document can be changed to an advanced document with the click of a button.

Cons

The "Jobs" or project module is somewhat more difficult to use than other parts of the suite. Projects are a common part of many businesses and a simpler, more intuitive, module that allowed easy quotes and easy conversion to a Job would be a great enhancement.

Ease of use Cost Support responsiveness Comprehensive modules and integrations

Danielle from Modern Bungalow

We can get it to do what we need.

We have a retail store that sells custom furniture with a multi-month lead time. Most of the software out there assumes immediate fulfillment of orders so we had to have something to sit between our POS and our accounting software to "park" orders while in process. Also we wanted a robust backup for our ecommerce product information in order to easily manipulate product data and images especially in case we decide to change ecomm platforms in the future.

Pros

It is very adaptable and has a lot of features

Cons

It often takes a lot of adaptation to get exactly what I need out of the software. For example, for inventory management software, the question "what is the total dollar amount of on-hand inventory?" should be top of mind. Instead it's totally buried in a report not exactly suited for that purpose. So I had to tweak the report and favorite the amended report to have that info handy.

Phil from Batch Brew Limited

Great product - dreadful pricing strategy

Great software, very poor pricing strategy

Pros

The product has grown with the business, taking from when we produced one gin to with now over 30 products. It works well, however...

Cons

I was really disappointed by the 'management' who doubled the subscription charge mostly by charging for two modules, DEAR PoS and API that we had evaluated but not really used. We were not informed about these change and when it was raised after a renewal rather than remove and refund, I was informed that the policy was 'we don't issue refunds.

Minal from Business Continuum

Flexible and Comprehensive Cloud Inventory Solution

Pros

DEAR's extensive functionality proves to be an exceptional inventory solution for businesses with complex and established workflows. We at Business Continuum have had extensive experience working with DEAR, and the comprehensive yet easy to use solution has been a selling point for many businesses. After implementation, end users are left with role based permissions, a clean single page view for each function of the system, and an active support team that actually answers your questions and takes on potential changes. A clear road map with regular developments is constantly being updated to improve the system. We have seen businesses of all sizes and natures effectively use DEAR to streamline their processes and gain important insight into their inventory management.

Cons

DEAR's complexity requires dedicated time to learn the system - however, the reward is immense. Certain functions and settings require intimate knowledge of the system.

Rick from Lovely Drinks LTD

Does everything we need to run our soft drinks company

Business totally depends on it!

Pros

Is really great for traceabilty of our products from ingredient to end customer. Has lots of great functionality Excellent value for money Good support - they always get straight back to us

Cons

There is just a couple of basic features missing that we have brought up before.. You can attach files to lots of areas such as Sales etc but you can't attach a file to an assembly - which in a food product is where you would want to attach a file - eg the batch record, pasteuriser log etc. This would make quite a difference When you print a label for a product there is no option for creating ITF14 barcodes for outer packaging (standard) Be good if there was a way of manually setting the cost price and margins for an assembled product

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied December 2017

Hi Rick, Thank you for the review. Just addressing some of the cons, its a good suggestion regarding ability to attach notes to assemblies. Next year we are planning on adding extra enchancements to core app DEAR Inventory as this year was mostly concentrated on external integrations & also the development of our own POS and B2B eCommerce portal. Strongly suggest to leave a feature request for 2018 development considerations. Regards DEAR Team

Ryan from Diga Digital Intelligence Pty Ltd

Dear Systems - For your Inventory Requirements

Access to sales and purchases data in sufficient detail to make accurate business decisions on stock lines

Pros

Flexible with a great level of detail and functionality

Cons

Can be complex to setup if the business design is not properly documented and understood.

Integration with Xero

Yulia from 9HKD Ltd.

I love to use DEAR system

Stock control, purchase and suppliers management, easy order fulfilment, easy-to-build reports

Pros

I am an eBay seller. I've been searching for warehouse management system about a year. DEAR is my choice for now, I like it and have no plans to change it for another system. It is easy to use, the main pros for me besides stock, purchase and sales management (other systems do not always include them): - integrations with certain marketplaces (eBay, Etsy, Shopify) and services; - multicurrency support; - auto-assembly products support.

Cons

Main cons, they are minor: - auto-disassembly does not work, have to disassemble products manually; - does not have integrations with some marketplaces (WISH for example); - can not update tracking information at marketplaces after an order was shipped; - templates and merge fields are not easy to understand.

Shazib from The Mattress Store

Industry: Furniture

A robust supply chain/inventory management

Very good; this has enhanced our inventory management

Pros

The client servicing teams have listened to my concerns and suggestions to bring new features onboard. The brought in delivery scheduling which matters to companies managing fulfillment with limited dispatch capacity. Furthermore, they have recently escalated my concern on the time lag between sales vs COGS date due to the UAE VAT law's verdict on date of supply in case of taking client deposits. I'm confident that they will resolve that as well.

Cons

The integration with Xero is nice; but as far as the "reversal" are concerns; i.e. when DEAR invoices are modified; that creates Xero<>DEAR sync errors. There's nothing wrong with this logic; but I feel this is an area of improvements.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

DEAR system's had POS and the backend had financial module as well.

Sean from Handsome Healthcare Ltd

Handsome Healthcare

Very good.

Pros

Simple to understand and very good integration with other software. Video tutorials were excellent for someone who understands ERP and wants to implement a solution very quickly.

Cons

I would like the ability to change the screen so it is easier to distinguish between organisational units. We use two installations.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Integration with Xero, Tide, Magento, and Amazon looked to meet all our needs.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Organisational restructure and needed a cheaper solution

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied April 2020

Hello Sean, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are happy to let you know that more integrations are been added on a monthly basis (https://dearsystems.com/integrations/). We recently rolled out a major UI/UX improvement. I believe this new update will help you. If you have any questions please contact us via support@dearsystems.com Best Regards, DEAR Team.

Adriaan from Popstrukt Furniture

Industry: Furniture

Trade Gecko (Quickbooks C) to DEAR worthwhile but not simple.

Given the fact that we run online stores that have been exceptionally difficult to integrate I would give the overall experience a 3/5 rating. Everything else in terms of system functionality, options and support staff's willingness to help has been great.

Pros

Many customisation options available in addition to our current/previous system especially regarding Xero integration.

Cons

- System is accounting heavy, meaning if all settings are not accurate in relation to your accounting system (Xero in our case) daily operations is not effortless. This is great and difficult to master at the same time. - Shopify integration is not simple and requires many tweaks that are not intuitive. - Loading, editing products in Shopify through Dear is complicated. - Product variants and 'bundles (Tradegecko), or BOM's (DEAR) are cumbersome in Dear and requires a lot of rework to make your front end in Shopify run accurately. - Invoice and document customisation is horrible. - Paying an additional USD50 for a faster server is annoying and the standard option seems to be throttled. - UI is average compared to TG/QB.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Better in all areas and Dear improved significantly from when we last looked at Dear as an option 3 years ago.

QBC shut down.

Rebecca from Hillfarm Oils Ltd

Industry: Food Production

Great Support!

Very simple system to use, great support team with excellent knowledge of the system. Throughout trial support where is constant contact to check how it was going.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and although are production is not simple, support were always able to offer a solution to any problem.

Cons

Nothing really, we just needed to get our head around the fact that is wasn't bespoke to our business, therefor has to make small sacrifices to make it work.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Pricing was reasonable for a non bespoke system, with no upfront costs just the monthly license fee.

Jamie from Headquarters Hairdressing Limited

SAGE to DEAR

The support is excellent.

Pros

Flexibility - multi channel ability. Easily scalable. Numerous price tiers. Unlimited Shopify and Portal.

Cons

Our internet speed can be a hindrance. There are more steps involved in processing a sale.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Filled the largest amount of requirements.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Wanted to go cloud based.

Amelia from Just Snacks

Industry: Wholesale

They got everything right!

The best customer service, great functionality, does what I need it to do.

Pros

Easy to use, good reports, great customer support, all questions always answered. The new functionality of cases and individual units are very handy as I sell both in units and cases. Sophisticated reports. Integration with WooCommerce and QBO that I used.

Cons

Sometimes it's slow on Chrome, fast on Firefox though.

Misa from Suntec Pharmaceuticals

Confusing, lack of support, lots of discrepancies with Xero integration, terrible reporting tools.

Pros

on the cloud. works with Xero multi user Log and attributes - allow an audit trails

Cons

Reports: do not give enough flexibility to provide an overview of the business Lack of overal flexibility i.e reports, templates for invoice, PO etc. Integration with Xero needs improvement. Need to have 'print all' function i.e multiple select orders, print all invoices or PO.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied May 2018

Hi Misa, Some comments below address the points raised in your review: Reports ¿ DEAR currently provides over 60 reports across purchasing, sales, inventory, manufacturing and financials. Reports are further customisable with ability to ¿drag and drop¿ a variety of data fields and can be exported to Excel for further modifications if necessary. Inflexible invoices ¿ DEAR utilises Word document type templates specifically for this reason, flexibility. You can reach out to support for template customisation at any time as you have done in the past. Bulk printing ¿ you can select sales or purchases from the relevant list and then select the documents you would like to print in bulk. Xero integration ¿ DEAR is a ¿5 star¿ rated Xero application in the Recommended Category and was nominated App Partner of November 2017. DEAR utilises Xero API almost in its entirety, however, if you have some suggestions on how to improve the integration we are happy listen. Best Regards DEAR Team

Nate from Retail

Rock Solid

Pros

Dear is a solid software with great integrations including dropship options and Vend POS operating system. Integrates with QB as well!

Cons

Dear can be a little overwhelming and not have the best user interface. Some integrations lacking, but nothing major.

Nate from Auto LED Group Pty Ltd

DEAR & TradeGecko Migration

Support is 100%. Quick responses and proper answers to our questions.

Pros

A simple comparision from our previous system is like paper & Excel. DEAR is very powerful compared to our previous inventory management system. I belive that DEAR has given us the tools to move forward and given us the capability to keep up with our future growth.

Cons

Initially complex UI, but after some time its easy to navigate. Very complex and indepth setup/customisation procedure, but worth the time to do so.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Initially due to TG "sunsetting" their product, but am glad to have made the switch to a considerably more powerful product. The migration process has been quite painless. The guys were great assisting with the migration and I belive this has saved me countless days of work. Overall very happy with the service received.

Shannon from Sprinter Store

User Friendly

Easily integrates with ShipStation, which is a huge bonus. The flow of the software is user-friendly although sometimes when the SKU's get changed it causes frustration but a little due-diligence goes a long way!

Pros

It's very simple to use once you get used to the features/flow of the software.

Cons

Sometimes it pulls incorrect SKU's from the sales systems & causes some concern for order accuracy.

Philip from THIS

Happy with the sotfware overall

Pros

Once you get to know how to use it, the software is really helpful and whenever issues arise the customer support is always prompt.

Cons

It takes a while to get to know how to use the software well and training options aren't really available except for a very expensive set up induction training.

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

Slightly better reviews overall, pricing was a bit better.

Mathieu from Groupe La Feuille Verte

Excellent inventory management system

Pros

I really like all the integrations available. It makes our job so much faster !

Cons

A more native way to integrate barcodes and qr codes would be awesome

CINO from SMILE-LINK SDN BHD

Industry: Cosmetics

Excellent Software

Pros

- Able to access everywhere - Simple and friendly use

Cons

- Only able to create one CN in one Invoice. - There have no amount discount select in sales.

Order management app for 21th century

Pros

We can't operate without 3PL Management, and the app provide it. We deal with a lot of third-party logistics, so a software organize the procedures is a must-have for us.

Cons

Despite the abundance of features the app have, we found that cost analysis, capacity management and automated scheduling are missing.

Olivia from Rapidcare

Overall Fantastic Product

It is very convenient and quick, bringing up a customer's file. Information is easy to store and access. Overall Dear is a lovely system to use on a daily basis!

Pros

Some of the features I enjoy the most about Dear, is the ease of use, and how everything is simply laid out, and easy to understand. I also find the time-keeping records of when attachments are printed, very useful.

Cons

Occasionally, certain lines and input cells disappear, or notes aren't saved for no apparent reason.

Ron from Hatchd Digital

Very extendable, easy to use ERP system

I always recommend Dear to friends who are looking for a versatile ERP solution that doesn't cost the earth and is easy to use.

Pros

The platform is fast, easy to use and is logical once you read the screen content.

Cons

Some of the UI elements are not logical. For instance, a red x next to a mistake as opposed to a red exclamation mark. It's fine after you know this though!

Reasons for Choosing DEAR Systems

More features and ideally suited to the needs of the business.

Feras from Rayanco, Inc

Great system to choose

Pros

It has everything we need and it connect w QuickBooks. Also, it has the built in B2B.

Cons

THe templates are hard to update. And the POS is not easy to use.

Simple and integrate w QB

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

We needed a more scalable system

Shan from Auxilium Professional Corp

Pros and Cons for Dear

Pros

Dear is user friendly and has thorough start guide. Plus, every time you contact the support techs, you could get response in time. It provides good functions like assembly and disassembly, unit of measure, which are very useful for tracking goods in retail business.

Cons

Some functions like auto-disassembly or multi-currency still have room to improve. Part of the cons come from the compatibility between Dear and QBO. Others I think could be updated by Dear.

Darren from B.I.G Hospitality

Hard Work

I have been using Stock Control, Retail systems for around 40 years, and I have never found it so difficult to maintain selling prices and printing out Shelf labels. these are the fundamentals of stock control. As I am Retail manager, wow!, it is hard work to very simple tasks. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did switch to Dear, and is now having greave fears on how I can improve his business using Dear.

Pros

Still very new to this system, and trying to get my head around working on so many different Platforms to do simple tasks.

Cons

You can not do price increases on your selling products when imputing invoices that have had a price increase and then printing new shelf labels by changed items only. Then the isssue of using a CSV File that everything has to be done in the one File, you can not do different things in different CSV Files. Then the CSV file corrupts your Barcodes and then when you have to import back it knocks out zeros in Barcodes which start with a zero. Shopifiy does not interface with dear when doing price changes. The item maintenance is well behind other systems as eacxh product you want to look at does not show you Cost, selling price GP% and stock on hand at the same time.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

The owner mentioned that being a cloud base had some interesting things

Alicia from Skyworks Inc

Arrogant, we wasted 4-5 months but never get it to work. Not a single penny refunded

They are arrogant and have no understanding of basic customer service.

Pros

Nothing works. a complete waste of our time.

Cons

Even basic amazon sync does not work- inventory count was mostly wrong, even with SKUs that is a couple of hundreds.. We have to rebuild the 3 times, 52 emails to support and nothing helped. After 5 - 6 months - we gave up. If you are based on of USA, and does private label with your own brand namewith more than 500 transactions a month, this is not the solution for you. The documentation is in British English, which is difficult to digest. Accounting jargons are different as well.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied December 2018

Hi Alicia, Sorry to hear you are unhappy with our support. We checked all support tickets to date and every ticket you have raised has been attended to and resolved. Please let us know ticket numbers which you think were arrogantly answered so we can review and take action. We have also noticed that all tickets were in relation to usability issues and not the system itself. We strongly recommend our guided on-boarding service if you have no previous experience with Inventory software. We have an industry leading integration with Amazon & Amazon FBA with thousands of satisfied loyal users. Please leave your contact details when you want our agent to get in touch so we can see if your issues can be resolved https://dearsystems.youcanbook.me/ Best Regards DEAR Team

Krista from KMY Consulting / Ruby's Pantry

Satisfied

Tracking inventory in various locations/warehouses.

Pros

I like the flexibility and easy data entry. I also like the Stocktake feature. The ability to filter the various lists are nice too.

Cons

Wish it offered the ability to track weights throughout the system, either by product or by PO or SO line item. It's what we use instead of money, and what our auditors require to see. Would like to see the ability to include location in the PO list.

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied January 2018

Hi Krista, Thank you for the review. This year we will be focusing on in app enhancements. Please feel free to leave your comments on our feature request forum for development consideration. Regards DEAR Team

New customer

As a new customer, there are a lot of features that I need to learn and get used to but I am confident that the process will not take too long and that I can rely on Dear's support system to assist me with any problems.

Pros

Dear is user-friendly and has a great support team that assisted with the onboarding of our company, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was a great help.

Cons

There is nothing in particular that stood out as "bad" with dear inventories, the most difficult thing was getting used to a new inventory system.

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Their product offering was removed.

Sam from Krash Industries

Industry: Machinery

Inflexible, struggles with complexity

Pros

User interface is good looking. And the software is relatively cheap. Thats really all I have to say.

Cons

It's inability to do things with ease. You'll do a job 80% well, then the last 20% is a nightmare to sort out

Ruth from Beach Brains

Great Onboarding Experience

Yet to use the system properly but the onboarding service was very good.

Pros

Mark was a great guide with the onboarding process

Cons

To early to identify any cons as we have yet to integrate properly

High user ratings

Trade Gheko shutting down

Kajal from Key Business Consultants

Nice Software

My experience is nice with DEAR Inventory.

Pros

I like the software we get the proper information and proper report with the help of DEAR Inventory.

Cons

Not an specific thing, some of the things, which i don't remember.

Ean from SMARTAIR DIFFUSION

Good system to build strong foundation for your business

Good

Pros

Paperless, integrated and total transparency

Cons

Customer support, it would be better if there is a direct after sales support contact number

Better planning

Response from DEAR Systems

Replied July 2021

Hello Ean, Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback is important to us. Our support team works 24/5 and you can email (support@dearsystems.com), book a call with us where you can have a support meeting via zoom (https://calendly.com/support-dearsystems/meeting) & chat with us in real-time (FB -> https://www.facebook.com/DEARsystems & WhatsApp -> +44-1244-940807). Regards, DEAR Team.

Danielle from Retail

Great system

Pros

Lots of functionality, Integration worked well with other systems. Good reports

Cons

Sometimes slow and a little clunky at times

Chesco from Homewings

Great idea, and in a good direction, but still work to be done

Pros

Having an API to connect makes it easier to integrate. The general look and feel of the platform is pretty good, also the UX of the site.

Cons

The integration with the API was pretty difficult, as the documentation had errors (for instance in the endpoints paths), and the API itself also had errors (so not accepting Suppliers Names even if it said so in the docs). Not having a way to perform bulk operations on products (like deleting them, having to go one by one)

May 2016

Mike from Southland Organics

Industry: Environmental Services

May 2016

Powerful Platform, Horrible Service

I was originally very pleased with DEAR and its approach to accounting integration. Seems to have all the bases covered. The additional manufacturing modules and the ability to customize receipts, invoices and purchase orders really sets it apart. Too bad the customer service is absolutely horrific. The support reply emails, when they finally do reply are very condescending in nature and they assume you should know the inner workings of their code.

Pros

Powerful features, accounting integration, accounting customization

Cons

The worst customer service of all.

April 2015

sandip from freelanceer

April 2015

Magento integration

E-commerce Version compatibility issue is occurring every time like in magento. Customer service is too bad worst ever i had in digital e-commerce media. Promised to solve issue in less than 24 hours but unfortunately none email received from their side. Their webservice calling are too time consuming. Every time submit button take 3-5 minutes to save changes. Look wise fine but functionality as mentioned didn't up to the point.