DEAR Systems Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Some of the features I enjoy the most about Dear, is the ease of use, and how everything is simply laid out, and easy to understand."
  • icon"Good value for money and with very powerful feature including Job cards, inventory added to the jobs, very good integration with Xero."
  • icon"The ability to customize reports in word is amazing. The team at Dear are still updating and improving the system."
  • icon"The one thing we have trouble with is that it seems to troubleshoot every few months and stops synching our orders which we only notice a few days later."
  • icon"Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations."
  • icon"I have to struggle to find a fault, really. I am sure there could be something, but I have yet to find it."

Have you used DEAR Systems and would like to share your experience with others?

All DEAR Systems Reviews

Magnus

August 2022

Support sucks

The support is terrible. You keep getting links sent to you that takes you in circles. Would have been far more efficient to charge a fee and sort the problem out.

Pros

B2B integrates with the stock/accounting

Cons

The support is really inefficient. I contact support as I don’t have the tech capabilities to sort my issue out. Charge me a fee get it sorted and we all move on. No it takes me days to resolve an issue and hours waisted with support staff

Suneet

Not Fully Satisfied

First wek was nightmare. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT] handled this very efficiently.

Pros

Looks like good software. But still many areas which are not covered

Cons

For us I am happy to pay more but need my staff to be more educational before we buy

I head a lot about dear

Jezreel

October 2022

Dear review

has been a good one so far, I am most impressed with the highly supportive team that attends to your queries almost instantly, other software's you have to wait a few business days for one message,

Pros

its easy to navigate and make data readily available

Cons

It does become abit of a mission with entering data

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

before my time, but Dear seemed to be a better option with more benefits

Dustin

Growing SMBs / Midsized Companies are taking a chance with DEAR, Enterprise should avoid at all cost

They do not seem to have a very good handle on their "Official" integrations. We have a Woocommerce store that does about 30,000 orders per month and we recently had an issue where no returns or refunds were being imported to DEAR. In the mean Time our CS agents were entering all credit notes and restocks manually in DEAR. It took almost 20 days of back and forth for DEAR to finally point out that their system was not receiving web hook notifications and was in polling mode. 20 days! New situation, shipstation integration just stopped working. Submitted a ticket with the error details and steps to reproduce. Instead of getting any meaningful feedback, instead of their technical team just simply trying to reproduce it on their end which they would obviously do if they were developing the integration, they replied back that they needed to know the request details that shipstation is trying to send. They want the JSON payload presumably. But how in the world can they develop an integration if they don't already know what that response is supposed to be? How can they develop it without having a shipstation account of their own to test? The answer is they do and they can but they don't. It is much more convenient for them to simply kick the can down the road by telling the tier one person they need more information.

Pros

What I like most is that it is built by accountants. Costing is done better than most systems. I also like that it has a fairly strong inventory management and production modules. Purchasing / Receiving is average but the WMS below average. We use it all.

Cons

Customer support is absolutely horrendous. They are reasonably fast to respond but you will always be given a tier 1 support agent who can't do much but reiterate the documentation to you. Their technical team seems outsourced because in 4 years I have not been able to have a live troubleshooting session with them. Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations. For over 6 months we had an issue where any advanced purchase (a purchase with more than one invoice and receiving) would not place the correct receiving record with the correct invoice. And you can't even choose which receiving note to associate to which invoice. So we would have open invoices which were actually received and closed invoices which had not been received. I had dozens of back and forth messages with support and I ended up having to get a DEAR partner to reach out to them on my behalf and get in touch with someone who could actually get it fixed. Then after we got told they would work on a fix it took another month or two for the fix to be implemented. And it still isn't perfect. Another time, the support team deleted one of my eCommerce store applications. This meant we had to re-add the store and it re-imported and duplicated about 50,000 orders, causing a disastrous mess. Technical team refused to help so we had to go page by page in the interface and void 100 at a time.

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

It was cheaper. And it was also a mistake. 4 years later and it is by far the source of the most frustration. If you're evaluating ERPs support must be your number one criteria your business will not be able move quickly if you have to fight to get information and action from your vendor's support team. The system is not bad. And in some cases the issue was with the third party they were integrating with, but these issues can never be resolved without the two teams working together. And that just does not happen at DEAR. The technical team seems like a whole other company. I suspect it is outsourced or something. The support and willingness of the technical team to help is abhorrent. I have more horror stories but I ran out of space to write.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Dustin, Thank you for your feedback. As per the conversation you had with our tech support we are pleased to have being able to resolve the aforementioned issues. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our service and your valuable feedback is highly appreciated. Regards, DEAR Team

Replied March 2021

Pieter

Excellent customer support support

Excellent reporting and after sales support

Pros

Had an issue with the DEAR POS integration and contacted them via live chat. Raed provided excellent support and helped me with my issue. He was very helpful and patient

Cons

Sometimes can be over complicated when setting up systems in DEAR

Product retired

Ernst

October 2022

Control over all your products at one place!

Refreshing, as an accountant, I can provide a solution to inventory control.

Pros

The flow of processes are made simple, it is practical, and the system allows each point in the process to take responsibility of his/her function.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. At first, it can be a bit overwhelming as this is a powerful tool, but all is nicely structured, the integration manual is nicely set up step by step, and from thereon Dear support assisted with all...

Reasons for choosing DEAR Systems

Research, I only came across Dear on the Xero App Store. I usually look at the support and help available, which seemed readily available on Dear.

Lyndsay

Conference Call with Dear

I am feeling better about DEAR -- now that I am working in it daily, however six months ago it was my enemy.

Pros

It allows us to intergrate multiple systems -- sales channel under one umbrella

Cons

The set up process/ and how long it takes to get things working.

word of mouth

Danielle

Industry: Mining & Metals

Inventory

Pros

how is controls the stock and manages the inventory

Cons

nothing at the moment we are still getting to use it

Ben

What a relief

DEAR Systems is everything I wanted Unleashed and MRP Easy to be. Its flexible to use, has ongoing gold standard support at no extra cost, has a great looking interface and has very customisable membership extras. I clearly cant talk more highly about DEAR and its because I had such a lousy time with the others.

Pros

Best support I have ever had with any business software. The live chat is full of highly experienced operators who respond very quickly to get you back on track. Very fast and easy to understand onboarding. Much less help needed than others. The video tutorials are excellent. The interface is modern looking. The process from CO to MO is visual and easy to follow. The Automation option is worth every dollar.

Cons

Not enough Business intelligence information. Not enough visual information in reporting like graphs and tables. There is a taste of it in the dashboard but thats the extent of it. B2B Portal needs the option to pick what products certain groups of stores get to see vs others.

Reasons for switching to DEAR Systems

I have onboarded with tested MRP Easy and Unleashed. Both of those suites are dated and employ very under-skilled support operators. This leads to very very frustrating onboarding. In the end you are told to find an overpriced 3rd party (partner) who works with every piece of software under the sun and gives you lousy service. I spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours wasting my time with MRP Easy and Unleashed until I found DEAR Systems. Save your time and money.

DEAR Systems, much more than an inventory plugin!

Pros

// DEAR SYSTEMS DOES + Manage inventory with different sales channels + Send PO/Invoices/Quote/.../... with customisable template + Auto assemblies + Bundles + Issues to production + Sync to accounting software + Handles goods in transit, FX gain or Loss etc + They are working on a reseller portal + They are working on a POS + Chat support is knowledgeable and they really try to help you

Cons

They have a forum where users can chat together and upvote functionalities requests. - They are totally absent from that forum, they say they scan it to update their roadmap but they won't engage in the conversation at all. - Functionalities are added too fast without feedback from their users. They really need to work on their communication with their active users.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Dear François, Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that mostly everything is going well with DEAR. Would like to address your concern with forum activity and explain a little further the process. The user feature requests work on an up-voting system. When our business analysts review suggestions they look at the ones that have been up voted the most by users. We then need to do market research to see potentially how many businesses this feature would be applicable to and if changes are made we need to make sure that existing users do not get affected by these changes. When a suggestion is accepted the status will change to Planned. Once it is scheduled for development it will appear on our development roadmap with an ETA. When we start implementing it the status will change on the forum to In Progress. Once we finish the status will change to Implemented. We'd like to develop every feature we are asked for and we do have to prioritise the work we undertake. We will always measure the demand for certain features, both through our forum and other industry sources. Some links below to pages that will help understand what has been done recently and where we are heading. Release notes - http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/blog/category/release-notes/ Development Roadmap - http://dearsystems.com/inventory-software/development-roadmap/ Best Regards DEAR Team

Replied November 2017

Samuel

Industry: Plastics

Great manufacturing aid

Dear lets us manage the extraordinary combination of materials, compounds and product that we manufacture on a daily basis in a straightforward manner. For some of our operations--for example when we create 10-30 batches of a particular material--use of the API is almost mandatory for efficient data entry--but generally the interface does a great job. Our business is on a much stronger financial and engineering footing using DEAR.

Pros

The sales, production and purchasing modules provide an excellent integrated platform for our manufacturing operations. We stock over 300 chemicals to make hundreds of rubber compounds that we use in production of custom rubber products and Dear keeps the complexity under control. I love the continual upgrades on the cloud and the easy access from anywhere. Finally, the standard interface is good but the API lets us implement solutions to meet specific needs at various points in our production.

Cons

While the technical support is excellent I find I occasionally need to reach out to them because the online documentation is not well organized. The reporting module is adequate but often requires off-line processing to get the results you are looking for. They make that easy with excel exporting but it is impossible to create a report that is self-explanatory. For example, you can build complex filters to get specific results but you can not re-title the generic report with a specific name, or include the filter values to explain your data. I also wish the date fields would accept time information so that we could capture real-time production data in the system--at the moment you can only enter a start and stop date when you create finished goods.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Samuel, Thank you for your review. We are continually striving to improve the service we provide to our valuable customers. As a part of the improvement, we will be restructuring our knowledge base to reflect the module structure in the inventory application so that it will be easy for our customers to find information quicker. As we release more features we update the current knowledge base on a weekly basis. We have taken your reports suggestion into consideration. Please check our roadmap for updates when it will be released to production. Best Regards, DEAR Team

Replied April 2020

Lots of features for the price - great support

Pros

Earlier this year we implemented DEAR inventory in our manufacturing company in Indonesia. The key reason we chose DEAR was the functionality. We have been searching for an inventory management system with manufacturing functionality for a very long time and couldn't understand why it was so difficult to find a system that dealt with what we felt were really core/ basic requirements without looking at customisation. DEAR seems to cover almost everything we need and is working on developing the programme for what it doesn't currently. The other key reason was the responsiveness of DEAR to queries. I am still waiting for replies from a competitor to my requests to ask a few questions when we were looking at different systems. We had good help getting it set up. I would definitely recommend.

Cons

There are some limitations with templates - invoices, packing slips etc. - when dealing with a currency that uses a decimal place as a thousand separator instead of a comma. It also doesnt have the ability to track batches through multiple assemblies which limits the value of the production reports we can get.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Dear Graeme, Thank you for the review we are happy to hear that everything is going well. Just addressing some of the cons, we use microsoft mailmerge so templates are very customisable. We have a complimentary service for paying customers where we can assist with template customisation at no additional cost so feel free to send us your templates to support@dearsystems.com. Regarding the tracking of batches through sub-assemblies please check the 'Lot Recall' report which will show you every single finished good that contained a particular batched or serialised product that you searched for all the way through to who you sold it to and which supplier you brought it from. Best Regards DEAR Team

Replied November 2017

Carlos

Industry: Wholesale

experience as a implementer and user of DEAR

a little frustrating for the limitations fo the system and interfae with XERO. Limitations: need to UNDO a compleate sale to be able to make any change Sync with Xero: constant errors Very slowwww we have a 100/40mgb connection and good computers (local app or better use of cache)

Pros

- What we would expect from a Inventory Managment system - Chinese interface - advance sale function (multiple dispatches, multiple invoices for one sale order) - integration with Shopify -

Cons

DEAR - faster JSON access (no limitation of 60 calls per second) - no need to UNDO sales for non essential information fields change - ability to edit allocation of products - ability to edit batch/serial information - Reports 1) shows clear information of Sale Order that have not been 1) shiped, 2) invoiced. 2) be able to extract information related to earning power of a product (% margin x rotation of a product) - Ability to limit sales bellow certain margin or price - Dashboard with historical inventory and accounts receivables graphs (currently not available) - Rename product fields (example: type, category, brand, stock locator, barcode…) - Additional fields available on more reports - reports are missing a lot of related information that could / should be available

Katharine

Industry: Furniture

September 2022

Appalling Customer Service

We have spent weeks trying to get support to try and resolve but they just don't engage. They don't answer emails, take responsibility or seem to care that this is affecting our business.

Pros

We thought this software would assist with managing our inventory.

Cons

It took over a year to implement. Once implemented, it has been beset with issues. DEAR seems unable to cope with any non-standard procedures on our shopify end resulting in cancelled sales orders and then impact on inventory.

Danielle