All QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review: Easy & Efficient

Charleen

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Our QB online is always ready when we are

Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

PROS

The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

CONS

The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use and cloud security with automated backups.

Jaun-marie

Education Management, 11-50 employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

In my opinion I would let people know about it, and for all the small businesses that at their starting point of business because it's very helpful in all you transactions you make and you can see where the error or mistakes that have been made

PROS

QuickBooks are easy to use and very much easy to access from any device

CONS

I can easily find mistakes that been made and correct it and the system doesn't crash

Jon

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2017

'Enterprise' Appellation Undeserved

The unfortunate fact is that a QB Company file can become corrupted at any time for numerous reasons, and once corrupted your primary option is to submit the file to the Intuit Data Recovery team, who inform you that their repair effort will take up to three (3) business days, during which time your business operations are effectively suspended. My advice is to consider carefully whether your business can recover from such a disruption before betting its future on QB as a business operations platform.

PROS

QuickBooks does a fine job with basic accounting functions, is relatively easy to use, and the report suite is more than adequate for small businesses.

CONS

QuickBooks Enterprise Manufacturing & Wholesale version simply does not work as advertised, as two examples among many will demonstrate. QB offers 'Advanced Pricing' functionality which enables the user to define and apply pricing rules across their client roster and inventory items list. These rules are intended to allow the QB user to apply a 60% across-the-board discount for clients Ajax and AAA, while clients Acme and Consolidated receive that same discount plus custom pricing on items X, Y, and Z. However, after the pricing rules have been applied and those clients are being billed, changing the invoice or ship date results in the deletion of the shipping cost line-item, and changes to the pricing of items on the invoice. Research with QB support revealed that Advanced Pricing suffers from a bug that was known to Intuit for at least 1 month prior to when I invoked the Advanced Pricing functionality, and a full month later Intuit has been unable to remedy the bug. After invoking the 'Advanced Inventory' feature-set, which automatically creates a drop-ship warehouse site, I learned that product being purchased from a supplier and shipped directly to our client was being removed by QB from the count of physical inventory resident on our premises. Intuit tech support rep's response was (paraphrased) "That doesn't seem right, but I don't know much about Advanced Inventory - you should call back tomorrow morning, as the day-shift staff have more tenure and are more knowledgeable".

Sandy

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Easy to Use and Excellent Information System

Excellent in terms of process and output. A bit expensive.

PROS

Setup not difficult and easy access on a day to day basis to keep track of all expenditures and income. Reports are excellent and easy to set up for your needs.

CONS

I dont like a subscription. Not practical for a business of our size and not necessary. I don't like having to log into intuit all the time either. I feel it's way too expensive for our needs, but probably fine for a larger organizations.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I looked at other Sage products as I was familiar but it was TOO EXPENSIVE!! Online subscription for QB also too expensive.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

New accountant and client wanted the new format.

Keith

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Quickbooks recommend

PROS

Ease of use for relatively sizeable business

CONS

Updates take time Interface needs a bit of an update to make it easier to customise

Martin

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

QB REVIEW MARTIN

PROS

The user interface is really friendly as compared to other accounting softwares

CONS

Sometimes it’s pretty slow I believe it can grow in that aspect

Joseph

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Good platform for small business accounting management

PROS

Ease of use Easy to set up Tremendous functionality

CONS

Sometimes it feels a little clunky, but most of the time this is not an issue.

Bryan

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

BFoster review on QBEDesktop

I have 14 clients and they all use QBE, I push the product, not because I know it ,but because it a great product. I do the set up of their accounting system and training. My experience has been great with this product.

PROS

As a accountant and working with my client the reports are very easy to explain and review with my clients.QBE,is bmvery detailed and easy to use and set up for my clients.

CONS

There are no cons from me. My client has not came to me with anything bad to say about the software.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

My clients love it and it's easy from my clients to understand and use, and they understand the reports

Rebecca

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

I enjoy using the software and it saves me a lot of time.

PROS

I appreciate that the system connects to the other systems that we use. I am able to synchronize data without manual intervention.

CONS

Some of the custom reporting is hard to set up.

IBRAHIM

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

BEST WAYS TO CHOOSE INNOVATIVE IDEAS

GOOD AND EXCELLENT WORKS DONE BY THE QUICKBOOKS AND I WOULD DEFINETLY RECOMMEND TO USE IN DAILY LIFE

PROS

I LIKE THE WAY THEY HAVE REPRESENTED AND EASILY UNDERSTANDABLE

CONS

THE COST IS LITTLE HIGH BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE CANT AFFORD THE COST

Thinh

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

My first impression on QuickBooks

PROS

It contains a lot of tools and utilities for users, making it easy to use.

CONS

The User Interface, it could be simpler.

Christian

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

QuickBooks Review

I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

PROS

It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

CONS

I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

More suitable for clients not familiar with book keeping running small businesses.

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Wishing you the best. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied September 2019

Katlyn

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Switching to Quickbooks has made my life so much easier!

Quickbooks has really been beneficial to us in so many different departments. We were hesitant to go with Quickbooks at first because we had been with Sage accounting for so long, but everyone agrees we are much happier with Quickbooks!

PROS

Quickbooks is so simple and user friendly. It is so easy for me to run reports on anything I need. Quickbooks has cut the time it takes me to do payroll by more than half! All of our employees really like the electronic paystub feature as well! So far it has been an excellent product.

CONS

We use Quickbooks online so from time to time there are some glitches that have to be fixed. Also, it can be difficult to get to the right customer service department.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The overall value. We could get more for the price with what Quickbooks was offering. Plus the compatibility of Quickbooks with so many other products.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Sage was becoming a big headache and the price kept increasing without the product making any improvements.

Thanks for choosing QuickBooks to serve your business needs, Katlyn. Nothing makes us happier than hearing that our software is making your life easier. We want to ensure that you're getting the support you need and are including a guide with steps for reaching a support agent: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767990). Should you ever have a question about the program, we invite you to check out the Community. Here you can access a host of helpful articles and ask a question in a forum of fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: (community.intuit.com). Cheering you to continued success! David, The QuickBooks Team

Replied November 2019

Antonio

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

PROS

The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

CONS

Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks was more user friendly for me and I like its user interface versus MYOB. Well Quicken wasn't for me, it was mainly intended for accountants and basic accounting processes without inventory module.

Tania

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Easy to use and allows for multiple users and access from anywhere

The enterprise team was amazing when helping set everything up and have been helpful with any questions since. We used to use desktop so the switch was very easy for us. We did not like QBO and it didn't have the features we needed that were in the desktop version, so this was the ideal solution to add accessibility from different locations and for different users.

PROS

The ability to access from anywhere and with multiple users - even at different locations.

CONS

The ability to save a file onto the users computer rather than the enterprise "computer" is difficult to navigate. Unless using the program that came with the user computer, you don't seem to be able to send emails either.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks online did not have the options we needed for non profit pastoral source deductions. I spoke with multiple people at help desks and in the end it was not possible to get what we needed. Desktop had this option and by using Enterprise we were able to solve all our problems.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We wanted to be able to access from other locations and to have multiple users.

Lyn

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2018

For the Beginner

I would and have recommened this software to many different people for different situations as its user friendly, easy to navigate and has some great custom report features. I run a small local non profit and have been using QB for over 13 years with no intentions of changing to any other service.

PROS

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. They make it very simple to enter customers and vendors along with invoices and/or bills. Then posting the payments and reconciling the accounts. You can use one piece or all the different capabilities, that is your choice as they do all work together.

CONS

The thing I like least about this software is the troubleshooting. You have to have the exact title or phrase of what you've done wrong to find solutions to help you. I typically only do internet searched for assistance and have not used the call in system. That might actually help me more but I'm impatient and typically don't want to wait

Thanks for reaching out with your comments, Lyn. I'm delighted to read we're doing our part to provide a wide variety of capabilities in an easy to use package. We're proud to be backing River Cities United Way, so rest assured we've got you covered when it comes to support. As an alternative to calling in, I encourage you to reach out to the product experts who monitor our social media channels. You can find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (QBCares), and our chat reps would be more than happy to be of assistance. As an added benefit, you can expect quick responses anytime within their hours of availability (M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST). We're just a message away when you have questions, and they can lend a hand with finding the solutions you need. Thanks a ton for your 13-year loyalty to QuickBooks, by the way! I'm wishing you and your non-profit continued success, and a wonderful rest of your week ahead! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied October 2018

Betsy

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

QuickBooks- Accessible for Small Businesses But Limited.

QuickBooks is no substitute for having a client database, however, the company I worked for as accounts payable and receivable had no other database program. While the limitations of QB for this was frustrating at times, it did a great job of keeping data organized and easily allowing input for new and continuing contacts. The customer service was as helpful as they could be, however I had to make the same calls for the same problems often several times within the year, only to learn that on-going glitches existed in QB that required workarounds. Customer Service wasn't always forthcoming on this, but their forums were very helpful.

PROS

QuickBooks is fairly easy to figure out for first time users, even those without a bookkeeping background. There are many tutorials included from the home website, and it's been around long enough that users have posted fixes to various known issues. It's useful in creating form templates, such as invoicing, proposals and receipts. Reports look good, and can integrate with many 3rd party platforms.

CONS

QuickBooks lacked much help for Inventory tracking and scanning. While you are able to create an inventory list, it's too easy to accidently miscategorize items and wreck the usefulness of the cataloging features. The inventory interface is a bit confusing to start with and connecting the inventory reports with logged sales is not practical. It doesn't happen automatically, but must be manually checked since there are many bugs that create errors or problems with data retrieval. When creating templates, it can be tough to figure out how to connect certain field codes with data areas to fill in. I spent many hours on the customer service line to figure some of that out. Even then, I was creating or finding "work-arounds" for some glitches that QuickBooks just doesn't fix or update. One of the most frustrating issues I personally found was the coding of expenses. Without some universal system, numerous employees can simply invent new codes for similar or same items, which creates many redundant and incorrect reports. Turnover in your office can produce serious inconsistency.

Betsy, thank you so much for providing an insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks. The details you've shared have painted a detailed portrait of your impressions of QuickBooks, and I appreciate it very much. I loved reading your comments about where you found the program to be beneficial to your business. Please be assured, your voice is important, and the comments you've provided about the software have been sent to our Product Development team. Feedback like yours is instrumental for the growth of the program, and it will be used when considering future updates to QuickBooks. Thank you again for your wonderful review of QuickBooks, Betsy! All the best, Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Replied February 2019