QuickBooks Online Advanced Software Reviews

QuickBooks Online Advanced Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Easy to use, easy to set up and it integrated with a lot of other platforms. I've never had issues using QuickBooks."
  • icon"I love the ease of creating invoices. It's very easy to get paid and I love that I get notified instantly upon getting a paid invoice."
  • icon"It is easy to navigate and find all the features. The tech support are always friendly, fast and always help with any questions I have had."
  • icon"Doing a bank reconciliation is more complex than the desktop version. There was a problem with the AZ withholding and they have never fixed it."
  • icon"They have radically tried to over-simplify the product. For instance, the Vendor tab being under Expenses."
  • icon"Made numerous errors that cost me hundreds if not thousand of dollars to recover from."

Browse all QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

• Have you used QuickBooks Online Advanced and would like to share your experience with others?

CharRon

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

December 2021

Keep yourself in business with Quickbooks

Bob

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all. I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine. One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

Response from Intuit

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for an awesome review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied September 2019

Ross

Excellent Software

Overall my experience has been good, a few times either myself or another user has made a mistake but with the help of online and phone support we got the issue fixed in a timely manner.

Pros

Overall the software is easy to use and robust New features have a learning curve as with most things, the online help with this is good.

Cons

The price can be daunting for smaller businesses or even individuals

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Recommendation from a friend who uses the lower tier package, but thought the higher tier package would be a good fit for us.

Mona

Questioning the value of QuickBooks Online Advanced

I kkep books on clients and myself. I do not really like it, but what else is there to use?

Pros

The bank feeds and rules make day to day entries easier and I love the bank reconciliation product. I think it makes cients more efficient.

Cons

The ability for cients to delete anything without questions and the fact that you are constantly changing the way we enter transactions. The apps for inventory and POS usually do not work well leading to double postings.

Julie

Industry: Fund-Raising

October 2022

Nice program - room for improvement but gets job done

Pros

I appreciate all the integrations with our bank and donor software - I don't have a lot of QuickBooks training but am able to manage everything on my own.

Cons

Customer service is terrible - call and chat features all give the run around and say a different department has to help and you end up on hold and never getting answers to important business questions. Best to have a network of other users to help you work through some problems as they come up.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

TechSoup offered the online advanced for a discount which also allowed us to incorporate budgeting and budget tracking as well as using classes.

Laura

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wanted the web-based application for easier availability, scalability, and extensibility.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We needed a program that would have 24/7 uptime and allowed for faster uploads/imports.

Kyle

Super easy accounting software

Been using this software for about a year now and it is a one stop shop for all your business needs.

Pros

This is probably the easiest software i have come across to learn and to implement.

Cons

I haven't come across anything in particular that i haven't liked

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our previous software did not integrate well with our POS systems. This now has been a game changer for us and has eliminated all previous mistakes.

Katherine

Industry: Wine and Spirits

QuickBook Online Advanced Review

Overall my experience has been mostly positive. There was a major issue earlier this year where the one account we used was not allowing me to pay for the service. It said my accountant had billing rights, but he wasn't getting bills either. We would randomly and for days at a time not be able to access this one account at all. I would call and call and each representative that I talked to had different "solutions" but none of them worked. One even told me that our entire data was gone because we didn't pay the bill and we would have to start a new account. It was pretty ludicrous. It literally took about five months to get it resolved when finally, the last of about 13 reps that I talked to did what really needed to get done to fix it. Just seems like they're not on the same page as far as knowledge of this software.

Pros

For the most part, this software is user friendly. It is organized and efficient and keeping my accounting and bookkeeping for the company on track.

Cons

There are several things this software does (or doesn't do) that make it a bit cumbersome. For example, there are certain accounts you cannot load into vendor details because it's not a "cost". But we have "cost of sales" and that is one of our biggest used account but I cannot load it into vendor cards just because it's not a cost account. I don't like the way the reconciliation works. I don't use the automatic feature because it makes it harder than it's worth when I have to go out of the menu altogether for it to register that something that automatically "reconciled" is to be accounting for.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

In the end we choose QB Online because it streamlined the work we were doing in house with what our accountant does and year end. Our accountant was very familiar with this software and it made it the right move to use it as well.

Ade

Excellent Accounting Program for Small and Medium Firms

It works fantastically for our clients' online payments as well as for invoicing and checking to see whether the customer has really opened the invoice.

Pros

There are so many things to love about QuickBooks online advanced. It can be easily modified to meet any company needs with ad-ins. On our monitor, we used to keep sticky notes that served as priorities reminders. But now, the Task Manager feature manages our tasks and priorities, making the use of sticky notes a thing of the past. QOA can be easily integrated with other applications, and automations are flawless. Overall, it categorizes transactions efficiently and it also gives us awesome reports

Cons

Report generation took a longer time a few times but it could be the network. so it's not a big deal

Response from Intuit - 26 Products - Global

We're happy to hear you're enjoying using QuickBooks and that it has made it easier to keep your books organized. To make sure you're getting the most out of QuickBooks you can stay up to date on the latest features online at: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/) Wishing you all the best! -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Replied October 2022

Rick

Industry: Facilities Services

Happy with Quickbooks

Very happy and I recommend any small to medium company use this product

Pros

I have used it for 10 years and all my information is in one place and I can easily do comparisons

Cons

Search and Finding customers and checks. Sometime when I have a question and I call tech support I end up with someone who is very new and I feel like I know more than they do. I don't like to be on hold till they find the answer.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Ease of use and good support from technical help center.

Josephine

Bookkeeping made easy

Love having all my customers together in one spot and log in to each with no issues

Pros

I love having all my customers in 1 location and being able to bill them from the software. I can hop from 1 customer to another without signing in and out.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches and you have to wait for it to work itself out

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Online product is much more user friendly

Russell

July 2022

Ubiquitous and necessary, but far from perfect

It is a necessary evil.

Pros

Online access is convenient. Most clients are already using it. Easy to get accountant access. Bank feeds are superior to the desktop product. Integrates with many different tools through Zapier. Works with a large array of direct 3rd party add ins.

Cons

It lacks basic and essential features such as reliable backup/restoration of data, month end closing tools, etc. forcing us to pay third parties to make up for what QBO lacks. The receipt capture is too limited and is very poor at matching transactions if it doesn’t automatically recognize a receipt. The system is extremely nit picky about which type of transaction you are using in the moment. This is not an issue with QB desktop as you can easily enter almost any type of transaction from the register without the need to tell it what you are doing in advance. The product does not often get substantive improvements and yet the subscription fees are very high and are increasing over time. Pay more, get the same product.

Response from Intuit

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review, Russell. We want to be sure you're enjoying your time with QuickBooks, and that you're getting the most out of your product. If you have any suggestions about what you think would make QuickBooks better for your business and others, please don't hesitate to send these over for our Developers review using the 'Feedback?' icon in-account. Also, if you need assistance or run into any issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team by phone or chat using the 'Help (?)' icon > 'Contact Us' right from within your account. We'd be more than happy to take care of you. -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Replied July 2022

Harmony

Industry: Wholesale

QBO is Definitely Different

Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our former account didn't inform us of possibly a more suitable program. QBO Advanced was easiest for them.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch at the behest of our former accountants.

Kyle

Ease of use

The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Used the other product briefly and made the final decision for QBO after not being able to get in contact with the other company's customer service for multiple days to resolve any issues.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Enjoyed the interface better. The template is much easier to navigate and I find the accounting features to make much more sense to me personally.

Kevin

The one stop software for any Business

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations. From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks. What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.

Ryan

Quickbooks Online Advanced

There are so many reasons why we love working on Quickbooks online. The credit card processor working through our website, the mobile app and card processor, as well as the integration to WordPress and to help add automation to our financial recording.

Pros

There are so many features to this software, but my favorite is definitely the online platform. I am able to see the progress of the business through my phone or iPad and not just sitting behind a desk. So much business is done on the road or moving around and having the app easily accessible I can always be in touch with what is going on in the company.

Cons

Setting up the new company file was difficult. We were moving from QuickBooks desktop and it had to much data (20 years worth) that we were not able to compress it then upload the information to the new platform. We were able to do batch uploads which did allow us to preserve some data but it did make the transition a little more difficult than it needed to be.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We looked at enhancing our QuickBooks desktop, but all the pros that online had for us gave us only one option and that was to upgrade to the online version. The Quickbooks IOS App and the integrations with our website make it the best software for us by far.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch to help add automation to our process and to move to software better suited for our needs. We were using the Desktop version for 20 years so we needed to get something newer and more customizable.

Molly

Best Move My Company Ever Made

The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We wanted a cloud based system since we utilize multiple instances. It made it easier to switch back and forth between companies.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It was too expensive and our organizational structure changed. We no longer saw the benefit for an expensive system with features we never used. The final straw was the fact NetSuite did not support 1099 preparation!

Good for small companies with limited transactions

Pros

Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

Cons

As a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform. -Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy. -Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart. -Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel. -Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So