All Workday Adaptive Planning Reviews

Robert

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2016

Adaptive provides meaningful insight into our financial data!

Using Adaptive is a great experience! It's easy to learn, and once you try it, you will love it. I can forecast monthly , quarterly or whenever I like. Because my operational metrics, which drive our revenues and expenses, are also in Adaptive, I feel we get closer to our actual's each month. We have simplified our monthly reporting process from 6 days, to about an hour and a half. That extra time can be used to analyze the data, which is much more rewarding than ticking and tying numbers to a report. Our dashboard is solid and tells a story for our leaders. I love it!

PROS

Ease of use Speed (refreshing and processing) Automatic load of our financial data using a connector Office Connect - an excel add in that allows me to run my financials in an instant Adaptive Insights support personnel are amazing! I get a call back very quickly if I have a problem, and I don't feel like I'm being rushed when I ask other questions

CONS

The sheets, which display our data across time, would be fantastic if I could add a YTD column anywhere I like. I would like to see my sheets display some simple graphs, which would allow me to display trends pictorially while reviewing with my customers.

Jonny

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

An FP&A Dream Tool

I will always recommend Adaptive to FP&A professionals. Once you use it and truly understand it, I'm sure you will do the same. There is little wonder why they are a leader in the SaaS space.

PROS

A cloud-based tool that enables you to forecast and budget different scenarios. OfficeConnect (an add-on feature) allows you to create reports directly in Excel and increases overall team efficiency.

CONS

Setting up Adaptive Insights is a crucial, timely, and difficult process. However, the time you put into building your instance initially saves time and pays dividends in the future.

Reason for choosing Workday Adaptive Planning

Previous positive experience with the product and one that I trust. Didn't see a reason to learn something new for the same price.

Kelly

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Not great on lower level user side

I don't love it, but eventually got the hang of it. We use it for budgeting, and it's not the easiest to understand or plug things in. For team members that are new to the process in general, it makes it worse than it needs to be, which isn't my favorite. I hope it has better benefits for other team members though.

PROS

It looks nice, and it theoretically should have capability to use data year over year. That would be nice, for the future.

CONS

It's hard to use, understand, navigate, and figure out what is going on. For an onsite team member doing data entry, it's just way harder than it should be in my opinion.

Reasons for switching to Workday Adaptive Planning

I have no idea - I think it was an oversight choice to streamline the process.

Stefan

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Budget made easy

PROS

We use Adaptiv for our budgeting purposes. Their importing function makes it easy for users to upload data for analysis. Adaptiv planning has made our budgeting planning easy!

CONS

There were a few bugs in the past, but they have been resolved.

Brad

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2016

Outstanding Planning and Reporting Platform

We plan at a very granular level, and Adaptive's formulas and overall approach to modeling has made this tool a pleasure to work with. Like any new tool, it took our team a little bit of time (~3 months) of getting used to it, but this is simply a tool we can't live without now. In addition to the feature set, the customer support is outstanding. Very responsive to questions and highly knowledgeable on a variety of topics.

PROS

Feature set is very strong. Customer support is among the best in the industry. Highly responsive to detailed technical questions.

CONS

Like any new platform, it took our team a few months after go-live to really utilize the power of the tool, but now it simply a resource that we can't live without.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Sophisticated, but slow software

The actual forecast model is very nice, but I wish the software could be more user-friendly, and faster.

PROS

Adaptive Planning is very sophisticated. There are so many ways models can be created, and it supports so many different versions which I love. I can create a forecast for every single GL account for every different department of the company.

CONS

First, the software is very slow for a company at around 1000 size. If you make even a slight forecast/formula update, it can take 30mins to an hour before you can start using it again. Also, the formulas are very difficult to learn. The formula assistant feature definitely helps, but the way the formula is structured, it's almost impossible to use without the assistant.

Joel Neil

Media Production, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

Powerful

It helped us to give real time reports to management that helped them to get financial planning solutions.

PROS

Very easy to use reporting and real-time consolidation that helps planning ahead. Mostly used for reporting to high management, and each time it provided fast and amazing solutions. Has lots of features.

CONS

Limited customisation and overall pricing could be the only con but works really well with large companies.

Kevin

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2016

We've had great experiences and success with Adaptive Insights

We're a large corporation with multiple lines of business. Our main goal was to simplify our annual budgeting process; to make it easier on the end users, give them ownership of their budgets and to cut down on the time it took to put the whole budget together. Adaptive exceeded those expectations. Overall it's been great and I would highly recommend it.

PROS

Easy to implement and maintain. Easy for end users to understand how to use the software and the models. Give you instant access to "the whole picture". OfficeConnect is great for reporting.

CONS

Some admin functions are still a little tedious. The built-in reporting module needs some upgrading, but it's adequate.

Manny

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Great Analysis

It's a great tool and it's meeting a lot of our deadlines for forcecasting. Saving valuable time and dollars.

PROS

software is very productive for forecasting and doing deep financial

CONS

Learning curve, it's not that easy to learn and you have to get used to the product. Can be more user-friendly and there can be more improvements. can be expensive for some users.

Jeda

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Finish line corporate review

My overall experience was great, I also like to plan events and very special work days

PROS

Workday was used to help build structure to plan schedules etc.

CONS

What I liked least about the workday adaptive planning is that , it does not offer a calendar that can be edited to submit task for that day.

Reason for choosing Workday Adaptive Planning

I chose workday adaptive planning over the other options because this is being able to be used daily.

Nick

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Adaptive has created a tool that is easy to use and provides value almost instantly.

PROS

I love the ease of creating a budget and the ability to quickly create a new forecast. Adaptive has created a formula wizard that is similar to excel, which makes it easy for excel based planners to easily adapt. Adaptive also has an excel interface for reporting, OfficeConnect which makes reporting even easier. They have also created an upload feature to easily maintain your hierarchy, dimensions and attributes. For a company as large as ours it makes the maintenance of the system easier. Since Adaptive is Cloud based there is no sharing excel files. I can work with anyone in my organization from anywhere and we are all able to access the same file. Since everything is housed in Adaptive we are able to collaborate easier and make better decisions.

CONS

There is always room for improvement and Adaptive is always listening to its customers. There are some features that make reporting a little clunky, rollups. They recently updated the reporting tool within Adaptive, but it doesn't seem as user friendly as the older version. Hopefully over time it will be easier to use.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2016

Flexible and Comprehensive Planning and Reporting

I've been using Adaptive Planning for 4 years and at 2 employers. The software has not only improved the accuracy and accountability of our budgeting, forecasting and reporting, but has saved thousands of hours of time.

PROS

The software is flexible. It can be developed and managed internally or you can work with external experts if needed. I like that the cloud software is continuously improving and developing to meet the needs of its customers. There are new releases every six months that improve its functionality based on customer needs and requests. And more importantly, all updates are done on the cloud so that there is no need for the IT department to get involved.

CONS

There aren't many things specific to the software that I don't like. I would say that the most difficult part about using this software is managing the requests from management so that it doesn't compromise the value of the software.

Jonathan

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2016

Powerful software, makes life easier, business insights more accessible

I have previous experience using Hyperion, Peoplesoft, and Microsoft Excel to create and maintain financial models. As flexible as regular spreadsheets are, it was always hard to get everybody on the same page, referencing the same numbers, using the same version. I have been using Adaptive Planning for about 1.5 years now, with about 1 year as a systems administrator for the product. FP&A has truly become simplified. This tool has saved hours upon hours every month, as well improved accuracy and timeliness of reports. This allows us to function better as a business unit, and make more proactive models and decisions. My one gripe with Adaptive is their customer support. I have had a hard time getting several issues resolved in a timely manner. Nonetheless, I would highly recommend Adaptive to anybody stuck in "spreadsheet land"--there really is a better way.

PROS

One source for all models and reported numbers. Interconnected data makes it easy to see the full effect of any changes, large or small.

CONS

Customer support needs to work on responsiveness.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Strong Tool that Keeps Improving

PROS

I like that adaptive has continued to innovate and improve their product over time. The basic plan option is solid for a SMB, though there are some individual bells and whistles that I would like it to have like Office Connect that require a more expensive membership

CONS

Learning to speak the adaptive "language" is a big barrier to entry from an employee perspective, we become afraid to change the model for fear of breaking it so we aren't leveraging all we have available to us.

Tyler

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Quick results with an intuitive design

This is a very robust software, that allows a strong look into the performance of your Company. The software has changed the way we are able to analyze our business.

PROS

I love the adaptability and ability to gain access to various information. It has allowed much greater access to analyzing our Key Performance Indicators.

CONS

For items that are not uniformly put into our accounting system, there are some workarounds needed to figure out how to display the correct data.

Olivia

Capital Markets, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Adaptive is great for small to medium sized enterprises

I use adaptive for 5 year planning, strategic modelling & scenario planning

PROS

The ability to build a bottoms up budget/forecast is an attractive component on this software. It is an assumption based model that is easy to follow and update in the backend

CONS

There is some functionality that it lacks for assumption sheet creation.

Lucas

Events Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Great integration for the Workday enviroment

It's a great tool for managing datasets via your browser. Downloading enormous datasets for changing only one or two things just to upload it all again it's a big pain that Adaptive saves you from.

PROS

Adaptive is the next best thing you can have when managing large sets of data right from your browser. Instead of having to download big spreadsheets, it can do the heavy lifting for you right from your browser. Tools like pivot tables are easy to do and feature-rich.

CONS

When dealing with very, very large datasets, it can take some time for processing each requested step in Adaptive, giving you sometimes a lengthy loading screen.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2017

Easy collaboration while building out the year's model was key to improving our efficiency.

Faster build and modify time of my model. Easier buy in from contributors to the model because they had access to build their part directly in the system.

PROS

Easy to gather, audit, and lock down inputs from key contributors. It was also very easy to create multiple versions and scenarios.

CONS

Struggled a little to get it to connect the way we wanted with our ERP, but that had to do with both sides. Not just Adaptive. It also does take a little time to understand how to build things out.

Samuel

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Super fast and easy to use

PROS

I have been in FP&A for for 5 years and have become somewhat versed in different systems and adaptive has been the best. Super fast updates with the ability to create different forecast scenarios.

CONS

Some of its features don't work on Macs, but otherwise nothing to serious here.

Melanie