All Airtable Reviews

Beautiful database manager

Maddy

Industry: Writing and Editing

January 2023

I'm in love with Airtable (don't tell my husband — just kidding, he already knows)

I'm constantly thinking about new things I want to do in Airtable. It's a joy to use. It requires training to use with a team but my team caught on very quickly. I recommend it to everyone, including those who have data to organize for personal projects!

Pros

Airtable is one of those no code tools that makes you feel like you could create anything — the limit is your imagination. I use it for SO many different business functions: it's our main project management tool, our CRM, we use it for bookkeeping and expense tracking, I used it to organize the media opportunities around my book launch, and that's just scratching the service. Sure, there's a bit of a learning curve between the interface, all the options, and advanced features like automations — I build on my knowledge to learn something new everyday. So to get the most out of it, you need to be open to continuously learning and thinking about ways to improve your workflows or seeking examples from others. I enjoy their new interface designer — it's clear that Airtable is continuously innovating. I use so many automations to help improve information flow and visibility with my team. You can also connect Airtable with other tools like Glide (as I have) to build a functional app with no coding experience.

Cons

Like any enterprise tool, it scales according to features and your plan type. You can't choose a lower priced plan for someone on your team if you have a higher priced plan. That's a bit tough for a small business — it's clear that tools like Airtable are perhaps better suited and affordable for the big guys. So I hope against all hope that Airtable won't phase out users like me because we also have so much to gain from affordable access to Airtable!

December 2022

AirTable, the good, the bad and the... No, it's just all good.

AirTable has been a blessing in my company. It has made organization and project management an extremely streamlined and easy thing, as opposed to the nightmare it was before AirTable.

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed the customizability of AirTable. Different people can view the exact same data in different ways and come to different conclusions, and AirTable allows this with minimal hassle.

Cons

My one main issue with AirTable is that sometimes the wrong people can end up with the wrong level of permissions and it seems to be a bit of a challenge to correct this.

We went straight to AirTable from Dropbox,

Reasons for switching to Airtable

The lack of formatting inside Dropbox, and it just didn't do everything we needed it to do.

Justin

Industry: Mental Health Care

Flexible yet powerful

Airtable was a great system to start until our needs grew more medical and we needed a HIPPA compliant solution.

Pros

Airtable is a flexible system with many great features to keep your data organized and make changes. The ability to make multiple views makes it easy to see, organize and edit your information.

Cons

Airtable is not HIPPA compliant, which made it unusable for our needs. Also, the mobile app was not reliable.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

The database over spreadsheet was easier to manage and build out for our needs.

November 2022

Airtable is my new bestie. (Nonprofit)

The interface is beautiful, user friendly, and with the incredible variety of field types, powerful views and filters, you can accomplish almost anything in here. I used Sharepoint Lists and Microsoft Flow at a previous organization, and this is a million times better. What a beautiful piece of tech!

Pros

This software is incredibly powerful, and once you get the hang of it, pretty simple to use. We are so grateful for the nonprofit discount, which makes it affordable for our organization. We're using it to manage grant applications and awards in tandem with other software such as Typeform, Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack. It has many powerful built in automation capabilities, and works very well with Zapier for even more power.

Cons

Airtable can take some effort and training to learn and master, in order to use it to it's maximum capacity.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Airtable met our needs with the variety of extensions, automations, public facing forms, interfaces and dashboards, and integrations with software we needed to make the system function.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable is so much more powerful. It can integrate with hundreds of other apps.

Marianne

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

December 2022

Airtable is an easily adaptable content management platform

Before Airtable we were using Excel to keep track of contact management and related events - this was inefficient. When we were introduced to Airtable it solves our issues as we were able to build the base for each purpose easily and quickly and were able to duplicate information within each base easily. This led to a seamless and efficient working platform at a glance, saving time and effort.

Pros

We used the platform for two purposes: 1. to manage employer contacts for events 2. to manage the events and vendors. We were able to build the base for each purpose easily and quickly and were able to duplicate information within each base easily. This led to a seamless and efficient working platform at a glance, saving time and effort.

Cons

The free trial was a great way to get us on the platform, but then to add the various features started to add up quite quickly.

Ben

December 2022

When configured properly, a game-changer for productivity

Idea and project management, as well as story progress for news publication

Pros

From the ease at which team members can be brought on and given responsibility, to the incorporation of forms, dashboards, and other integrations, Airtable has become an invaluable aspect of any team project I have the opportunity to help determine the workflow for.

Cons

The amount of setup required to fully unlock the usefulness of the service is substantial. When built properly, it runs smoothly, but does require maintenance and regular review for improvement and adjustment.

Ismaël

Professional project management

Very good project management software, especially the customization side

Pros

Customization of projects, tasks to your liking

Cons

The lack of automatic updating, the difficulty of communication sometimes

Adriana

Amazing forms

Pros

Is very useful to get the data, is beautiful and simple to catch data when I apply to accelerators and incubators.

Cons

nothing, I like it so much is a really really good option.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

is better and easy airtable

Ina

December 2022

Airtable is one of the more powerful, streamlined apps I have found that lets me bring all the data!

I can create a custom interface and take action with just a few clicks- it's amazing!

Pros

I have been using Airtable for the past few months and it has helped me with all of my data. I am able to connect every type of data in one place, which is always handy. Plus, the interface is so intuitive, making it easy to take action on your data. Best app I've ever used!

Cons

some minor things here and there but overall all is good

Alfred

Industry: Writing and Editing

Best App to Organize Your Data

As the name suggests, I use Airtable for my personal and professional use. And the experience was amazing. I use this tool to keep my clients' data and my personal budget. Since I started using Airtable, I am more organized than before.

Pros

I love this tool because it's web-based. You don't need to download it to access it. You only need an internet connection and you are good to go. Also, the spreadsheet-like interface makes it easy for anyone to use.

Cons

For new users, it's somehow overwhelming to move from left to right on a huge sheet. At some point, it becomes difficult to find some data when the storage keeps on expanding.

Deepak

Answer to all Data Related work

Overall the experience is great, everytime we get to know something new when we start using airtable everytime.

Pros

I have been using Airtable since last few years, I am it legacy plan holder. Airtable has been an answer to most of our data management in the company, we manage our internal assets, HR Interview scheduling, and many other processes with airtable.

Cons

We wanted a Pivot Table type report which is not found in airtable as of now.

April 2022

Powerful and flexible collaboration tool

Overall, Airtable has given us a flexible collaboration tool which allowed us to work more efficiently, both internally, and externally with our various stakeholders.

Pros

I like how easy it is to switch between a tabular view and a kanban view for the same data. We always needed an easy visual tool (kanban) for our workflow but also needed a tabular view for an overall look of our work. Airtable seamlessly combines these two along with other features.

Cons

The dashboarding feature is quite new and is still a bit limited. The row limitation is a little too low.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Easy to share and collaborate with Google SSO, has more features compared to Trello.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

We needed a forms functionality so we can take in requests from people outside our team.

Denise

June 2022

Airtable is a great collaborative project manager

My team and I like Airtable because it helps us keep track of all of our clients in one central location. My initial impression was that it wouldn't really make a difference in our regular operations, but now I see how wrong I was. With Airtable, users are able to work with many data types in a grid-based environment. It also facilitates the development of cloud-based apps that are easily integrated with other infrastructure.

Pros

One of my favorite features is the ability to personalize each of my boards. Not only that, but I have the ability to work closely with my team by syncing and discussing our respective projects and making use of our shared notes. It's incredible how many wonderful things there are in the Universe. Airtable helps me plan out my monthly social media posts in advance. I'm able to keep on top of things and make timely social media posts because I plan ahead. My knowledge and experience have taught me to be more methodical and cooperative in my job.

Cons

Every once in a while, things aren't as user-friendly as they could be. Sometimes I'll make my own template, but first I'll look at tens of others to get ideas. Be patient with the procedure; it will take some time to complete. Once set up, the interface is typically straightforward.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

When it comes to teamwork and organizing projects, Airtable is unparalleled. Sharing and storing information in the cloud is a breeze for collaborative teams. Accessing all of your data across several devices is a breeze. Using Airtable, you may switch between a grid view and a list view of your data.

Eduardo

August 2022

Once I started using it, any other table option makes me turn off

It absolutely gives me the edge in planning my work.

Pros

Just the variaties of ways to show data - table, kanban, gallery, calendar, timeline, form! Its incredibly versatile and means you can craft it to many different types of people from CEO, to Marketing, to Finance.

Cons

The only downside I can see is that the per-seat amount can get high for multiple team members, I wish this could be lower or to only include core team members in that amount while having 'visitors' that have less access in the document.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Jorform was seen more from the forms functionality, but Airtable had more powerful options for table views.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Excel really feels like software from another century, undoubtedly it is powerful, but it is also exteremely limited in its capabilities.

Completely indispensable for us!

Despite it's cost and some features we'd still like to see, Airtable is an absolute no-brainer for us. We can track our constituents and their engagement so much more easily than with Excel or a random CRM that doesn't really match our needs. I also have moved most of my content planning, resource banking, quote caching, and attendance taking to Airtable. It's honestly SO multifunctional!

Pros

First: It's a database that is actually aesthetically attractive. AND it's easier to use and manipulate than Excel. AND you can custom build what you need, rather than finagling a pre-built CRM for your specific needs. Also all of the different visual ways of looking at the data/records are key.

Cons

There are some features that are still lacking. Like the ability to read what's in a cell and do something with that information. It's also quite expensive, especially for a non-profit like us.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Raiser's Edge didn't really match our needs for very detailed and specific data collection. It also wouldn't have been as easy to onboard all of our staff, as queries and reports are a bit more difficult and less intuitive to run than simply sorting on Airtable or filtering.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

So much easier to manipulate and search for constituents and records. The sortability, filterability, beautiful views, etc.

Jonathan

AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel

My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

Pros

I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

Cons

It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

This was a step up from our old method of using a Google sheet to keep information in one place. It hasn't completely replaced Google Docs or Excel, but it has been a great service for us to keep certain records that are harder to keep track of on other less complex platforms.

Nica Chesca