Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Is a great way to have a conversation with an individual and not have to talk to a group as similar platforms require. Also the ability to go in and out of multiple rooms is invaluable."
  • icon"The simplicity of connecting with students along with the data to measure success of each event, is extremely helpful when reviewing the ROI of events when deciding on outreach strategies."
  • icon"I like that I can quickly assess if a candidate seems like a good fit, then request their resume ASAP instead of having to go into my applicant tracking system to find them."
  • icon"Once you each the time limit you are no longer able to communicate with the candidate."
  • icon"There were no relevant cons for our team using this software."
  • icon"Training lag time was difficult for me during the week."

Have you used Brazen and would like to share your experience with others?

All Brazen Reviews

Brazen is great

really great many benefits!

Pros

Easy to use, great way to reach out to other candidates

Cons

Took a minute to learn everything, other than that nothing

Brian

Improved Candidate Experience and Hiring Success Through Brazen

Brazen has provided outstanding customer service and support, including a monthly call with our account representative. Blogs and best practices are shared to not only help with the product, but also within the Talent Acquisition space in general. We added Brazen within our strategy to improve our overall candidate experience, and that is exactly what we experienced. The software allowed us to connect with candidates and begin career relationships in a way that we were not able to previously achieve.

Pros

Prior to the pandemic, Brazen provided us with the ability to connect with candidates in a way that was comfortable and convenient to them. We utilized the software for chat based virtual career fairs. Candidates were able to communicate in a format that was easy to use, from any location, without having to dress up or figure out travel. It is a great way to build relationships and talent pipelines. After the pandemic, the ability to have a this powerful virtual tool available made an immediate difference with continuing to support hiring success for our organization. Since first starting with Brazen, they have continued to innovate and add functionality including a chatbot and video capabilities.

Cons

The thing that I have liked least about this software is that the success of any event relies on the marketing. Our events have been more success when we have dedicated more time, resources, and effort into marketing.

Sheri

Lots of Growth Opportunity

This was the school's choice of virtual platform and although I didn't have a problem creating the booths, adding reps. etc., we changed all of our Information Sessions (i.e. Video Broadcasts), to the Zoom platform.

Pros

• Several of us were unable to conduct 1-on-1 chats even with text only. I also had issues where it would kick me out of the chat room altogether or it would stop showing me what others typed. I had students say they saw I sent them a 1-on-1 invite, but clicking on it do no good. I called their helpdesk in the afternoon (my colleague could not get ahold of them) and they had a developer call me back. He figured out what the problem was pretty fast. Their web chat client opens sockets and keeps them open forever (a bad practice). He said they have had issues with security conscious companies whose firewalls shut the connections down. He emailed me a URL to use that opens a socket, polls, then closes the socket, and repeats a little later. That worked alright to solve, but took alot of time out from the event.

Cons

• The CarrerEco system “participants list” is always in alpha order by name. It was almost impossible to tell what order students entered the room or how long they had been waiting to talk to someone. You can scroll back in the main window – but that is hard to do when you have a ton of students visiting like we did. You really almost need one person to monitor the main room and keep a list. • Video chat is more personable (a few on our team got that to work), but when doing text only chat one rep can have multiple conversations going on.

Reasons for choosing Brazen

Reasons for switching to Brazen

East of use.

Industry: Defense & Space

Good before. A must have in the current landscape.

Overall, Brazen's virtual hiring event platform is an outstanding product. With geographically dispersed teams that are continually looking for ways to engage technical talent that have lots of choices in today's marketplace, Brazen's solution is easy to use, easy to promote, and allows for tapping into a candidate pool that has become increasingly selective and passive in many talent segments. Add in the challenges of engaging and hiring good talent in a pandemic, I would go as far to say that Brazen is an essential tool to augment what your hiring teams are doing to engage candidates when showing up in person to universities, conferences, and hiring events is more challenging or in many cases impossible currently. Try Brazen out, you won't be disappointed.

Pros

* Streamlined process * Ability to customize to suit the needs of several different disciplines * Organized consistent chat experience with prospective candidates. * Easy data tracking and conversion process with prospective candidates you want to have follow up conversations with

Cons

* It took a little bit of trial and error to get the right configuration/ balance between adequate time for chats vs. maximizing the amount of touches with prospective candidates across an event.

Kathleen

Brazen works!

Pros

Brazen helps me quickly and efficiently chat in real time with candidates, to ensure they meet the requirements for my positions. I like that I can quickly assess if a candidate seems like a good fit, then request their resume ASAP instead of having to go into my applicant tracking system to find them. I must say candidates often comment on what a cool tool Brazen is, so it makes my company look good as well!

Cons

I seem to get logged out after not being away from my desk for very long, but I do know it doesn't impact the chats -people get an "away from desk" message then I can get back to them shortly after.

Ana

Industry: Civil Engineering

Brazen Review

It has been great overall. Our account reps have been amazing. They are easy to reach and easy to work with. Brazen has helped our firm reach a variety of students, including diverse students (through WayUp sponsorship), which we have actually hired in the past. We are excited to see what these next events hold for us.

Pros

Cons

There is not necessarily anything I don't like about the software. Instead, there are a few updates / logistics that can be made. However, they are small updates that in turn can make a huge difference. Also, not necessarily about the software, but it would be great to have a step by step guide for employees to share with their teams and other employees to help them navigate.

Joshua

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Advancing the value

Brazen has allowed our recruiting team to connect with many different applicants from all over the U.S. It would be nice to visit each location, but the aspect of time and resources hinders that. Brazen has offered us and the applicants to interact on a no strings attached platform. The applicant or recruiter hasn't lost hours of time for a meeting that didn't pan out. It is the ultimate speed dating for employers. However, it will only work if an employer knows what they are looking for.

Pros

I like the easy of use for the chat feature when we hold events. I also really like the chat on demand where prospective applicants can message a recruiter at any time.

Cons

I would like the time to be extended a bit more on chats. I think the time should be open ended and give the recruiter the ability to end the chat when needed, not by the clock

Alyssa

Great Tool!

Overall Brazen is a great tool and we’ve been very happy with the results. We were customers before COVID so we were ahead of the curve but have been using it even more now.

Pros

It’s easy to use and has great features. I like that it drops candidates/leads in your lap versus you having to go out and find them. The live chat function is also a top feature.

Cons

We have run into technical issues with Brazen Live. I think it could use some improvements with how the live broadcasts are managed.

Hayley

Makes it easy for the recruiter!

We've had several events through the Brazen software and each one went better than I would have expected (because lets be honest - technology is not always seamless)

Pros

The system looks nice, loads quickly, and is user friendly

Cons

I wish there was a way to see the queue while in a current chat.

Emilee

Great experience with Brazen

Pros

Easy to use and set up series of events weekly and monthly so we can connect with candidates. Easy to customize to our organizations needs and have had great success with hires from our hiring events with Brazen

Cons

Only feature I wish they had was to transfer a candidate to another representative. So a recruiter could screen first and then pass the qualified candidates over to the hiring managers.

Danielle

Nice Platform

Pros

In this unprecedented time having a virtual platform that you can customize to meet your own needs if invaluable.

Cons

Wish Brazen got more involved in marketing aspect in order to drive people to their client events. I also wish it was easier to share the events on social media. Most of this needs to be done manually which can limit outreach and participation

Kim

Brazen is a great resource!

Very happy with the product and glad we have been using it!

Pros

Brazen is a great tool to utilize for virtual events, which is the world we've been in for the past 7 months! The ease of setting up a virtual event is priceless! I appreciate their timeliness is upgrading their technology during COVID and being accessible.

Cons

There isn't anything I really disliked. As an administrator, I use it frequently to set up new users or change access and it's always been easy to use.

Samantha

Want to make your day easier?? TRY THIS

Pros

This software helped our organization streamline our recruitment outreach process for vital positions within the organization. Brazen eliminates the complicated processes of setting up virtual chat rooms and the fear of technical issues and allows you to focus on what really matters... connecting with our prospective employees! Not to mention, Brazen is easy to use and we have only received rave reviews from our prospective candidates on the simplicity of joining our recruiting events.

Cons

Honestly, I have yet to find something wrong with the software... maybe that not enough people know about it!

rachael

great sw and functionality

Pros

user friendly and no issues from a technical perspective

Cons

no issues at all that I personally experienced

Kimberly

Cleveland Clinic

excellent every time I have used Brazen was simple and effortless to use. Has increased my candidate pipeline

Pros

easy to navigate and connect with candidates

Cons

no cons on this software at this time.

Craig

August 2022

Brazen is a great tool for job fairs

I’ve used Brazen to host and participate in job fairs (as a job-seeker and as an employer-representative). It’s easy for people to understand and use, which is key as tech skills vary from person to person. I was also impressed with the UI, aesthetic, and reporting functions. Going with Brazen was worth it!

Pros

Brazen is very easy to use. With it, I both hosted and participated in a job fair. Both experiences went smoothly.

Cons

Building your virtual booth as an employer was functional but felt cumbersome.

Reasons for switching to Brazen

Brazen was a much better fit for the need.

Isaac