• Pros

• "Easy to navigate and user friendly. Great service time response "

• "Easy to use, very user friendly and I enjoy how customizable the feeds are."

• "This tool is almost great. Setting everything up is cumbersome, but intuitive. The interface is pretty modern and clean. "

• Cons

• "Moderating/reviewing events can be a bit awkward if you have a lot of reviewers. It isn't difficult, but requires some planning and coordination."

• "The only aspect I didn't like (pre-theme builder days) was the effort required to skin it ... but they totally overhauled that years ago, so it's a non-issue!"

• "I think we could have a little more control over the customization of the design, but we still haven't hit too many roadblocks as it is now."

Browse Localist Reviews

Nicky from Massachusetts College of Art and Design

Localist is the solution!

We looked at many different event software solutions before deciding on Localist. It's a great product, and the customer service is unparalleled.

Pros

I really like how you can brand localist, customize the calendar offerings, and how it is a marketing platform in addition to a events platform.

Cons

I wish that the integration with Facebook still existed! I don't like double-creating everything - but using Localist and Facebook together = maximum visibility.

Reasons for Switching to Localist

We were moving to a new website and we wanted something that was more agile, updated, and easy to use for both administrators and attendees.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Good feedback Nicky - Thanks!

Raymond from Reed College

Ray's review of Localist

I'm very familiar with Localist after having used it for a few years so I'm reluctant to change to a different email merge system but I do find it to be user-friendly and easy to introduce people to.

Pros

It's very easy to get started and set up a basic email. Support is very helpful and great about determining what issues I'm having. The emails usually look pretty great and consistent.

Cons

After I've uploaded a new audience, the response time a for it to appear and become useable. This is very confusing and stressful when you need to send the campaign. When I import an audience and add new field names, I wish I didn't have to eventually rename them from the default "MEREGE8" in the Audience fields page. I wish it were easier to modify the template and styles without "hacking it" via CSS.

Reasons for Choosing Localist

My program director vouched for it from her experience with it at her previous job.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks Raymond! I passed your feedback on to our support team too.

Stanley from New York Presbyterian

Customer service is excellent, but the UI and functionality needs a revamp

Overall I think the customer service is excellent. The UI and functionality needs to be improved. I've been using this software for 5 years and it has not changed much. It's time to improve on the current concept.

Pros

I like that I am able to segment my events into separate communities. I like the outstanding software support whenever I have questions. The UI and functionality can be upgraded to better filter events and further improve usability.

Cons

I don't like that I can't give more control for approval of events. At my organization, we have one admin to approve the events. Events already submitted don't necessarily need to be reapproved by me if there are minor changes like dates. When someone does add/remove dates from an event, the event is no longer visible to the public and needs to be reapproved. Maybe the event shouldn't be pulled from the live feed and be amended by the changes when it's approved. Or there should be an option to automatically approve minor changes. Another thing I don't like is the way you can filter down events. I think being able to see a calendar with the events listed on each day is a plus. (Kind of like seeing a physical calendar or using the Google calendar app.) People like to be able to see the events available on a week or monthly basis. I think this option would be most beneficial for the widget at least. I've been asked multiple times to have an alternative view to the list view we already have. The mini calendar for the widget is not functionally viable. It limits you to being only able to filter events on a day to day basis. If you ask me, I think it is rather cumbersome and not useful.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Hey Stanley! Thanks for your review. We're catching up on responding to some Capterra reviews, and we wanted to check-in. I wanted to let you know that we are weeks away from launching an improved front-end on the Localist platform. Our goal with this front-end release is to update the design of the customizable layout - without disturbing too much in the existing experience. Maintaining simplicity in the user's experience is critical. We have identified opportunities in key moments of interaction to improve user flows and optimize how content is consumed. Looking forward to this release and would love to get some feedback from you after that release! If you have any questions and concerns hit us up at https://www.localist.com/contact/

Frankie from City of Santa Clarita

Industry: Government Relations

Beautiful, functional, and automated.

Our previous website calendar system consisted of our staff manually entering events when the public would email them to us. Even with copy/pasting each field, it would take up some time to process a lot of requests. Now, we can approve or deny events with the click of a button and the public takes the time to format the events themselves. This also allows for required fields so we don't receive events with missing information.

Pros

I really like the clean design of the calendar along with the functionality of event submissions. Having the public submit their own events automates our process so much more than it was before. All we have to do is click one button to approve or deny the events, and that makes our job much easier.

Cons

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Hey Frankie! Thanks for your feedback! We're catching up on responding to some Capterra reviews, and we wanted to check-in. I wanted to let you know that we are weeks away from launching an improved front-end on the Localist platform. Our goal with this front-end release is to update the design of the customizable layout - without disturbing too much in the existing experience. Maintaining simplicity in the user's experience is critical. We have identified opportunities in key moments of interaction to improve user flows and optimize how content is consumed. Looking forward to this release and would love to get some feedback from you after that release! If you have any questions and concerns hit us up at https://www.localist.com/contact/

Brandi from University of Southern Indiana

Easy to use and excellent customer service

We wanted a tool that would make it easier for our users to add and manage their own events to a calendar, thus adding to the number events on the calendar at any given time. Localist, with its easy to use interface, has solved that problem. People have found it very easy to use with little to no training necessary. The Localist support team has been wonderful about replying quickly to any questions or help I've needed.

Pros

This was the easiest third-party tool implementation I've ever been a part of. They didn't oversell and under-deliver. The calendar was exactly as promised and so easy to use for both admins and our end-users. The interface is user friendly and has made adding and managing events very easy.

Cons

There isn't much that I like least about the software. Localist is very responsive to customer suggestions so updates are usually driven by users. The minor things are not deal breakers for me.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Brandi! What a great review! We're catching up on responding to some Capterra reviews, and we wanted to check-in. I wanted to let you know that we are weeks away from launching an improved front-end on the Localist platform. Our goal with this front-end release is to update the design of the customizable layout - without disturbing too much in the existing experience. Maintaining simplicity in the user's experience is critical. We have identified opportunities in key moments of interaction to improve user flows and optimize how content is consumed. Looking forward to this release and would love to get some feedback from you after that release! If you have any questions and concerns hit us up at https://www.localist.com/contact/

Jeff from UCCS

Excellent robust hosted event calendar solution

We've used the platform for many years, replacing a very old and broken open source solution. Engagement with the calendar more than doubled, and sustained at double or sometimes triple the traffic. Pretty satisfied with it, though there's always room for improvement. Team is responsive and helpful.

Pros

The system is very focused on how users actually use event calendars, instead of being stuffed full of all the random features some folks might imagine people want. It's very user focused, very customizable, and a great solution for Higher Ed where so many different parts of the org have slightly different needs that can be accommodated. Embedding feeds in a very flexible and customizable way into each department's website was a life saver.

Cons

Some of the customizability can get a little clunky, wish there were a few more very nice built-in options and default templates. The default is nice, and the ability to get it perfectly on-brand are great, but several super polished default templates for the calendar and the widgets would go a long way. (Not a concern for shops with talented designers, but would be helpful for the smaller organizations.)

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the feedback Jeff. We're looking forward to our latest release which will include some new templates we hope you will enjoy!

Jason from Hope College

Localist calendar manages our 1,000+ events/year

The customer service at Localist is excellent. They are proactive by checking in regularly and when we have an issue or question they address it right away.

Pros

Localist is very easy to setup and administer and is a very powerful calendar platform to help manage and promote our many events on campus. We've been able to shed our many rogue calendars and have everyone bought in on using Localist because it has many great features.

Cons

When we first bought Localist, we had to use advanced custom CSS to skin the site match our regular website. However, since then, they now offer a great theme tool that allows you to adjust the styles of your calendar without any coding, etc. We are now using the theme editor and love the fresh look of our calendar.

Reasons for Choosing Localist

Localist had the most robust list of features and had great experiences working with colleges and universities that have many decentralized events.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for such a detailed review Jason!

Teresa from University of Texas at Arlington

It's OK

It seems like we started the Localist product with little information. Very learn-by-doing. Over time, it got better, but still have a long way to go. The webinar on Channels was so confusing that it took me months to figure out what they were talking about. Again, lots of learn-by-doing.

Pros

The approval process is quick and easy. The calendar looks good.

Cons

• Need to be able to submit event to MORE THAN ONE LOCATION for multiple dates of same event. We have voter registration booths around campus, so have to pick one location, then add the others in the room number slot. • Option to HIDE DESCRIPTION from main page. Now that calendar is used a lot, want to make front-facing page look more streamline. • Need INSTRUCTIONS FOR USER-FACING PAGES, emphasizing importance of choosing audience, etc. Separate instructions on photos, channels, groups. Written or Video. Needs to be simple.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback Teresa! I've passed your comments onto our Support Team to see what they can do to improve the experience.

Jennifer from Lehigh University

Lehigh review

Overall experience has been very positive. Wish we had more standing communication with the Localist team to discuss product enhancements and issues.

Pros

It is a robust system to handle all our event communication management.

Cons

Occasional outages - recently we have seen many small outages (2-3 minutes) with the calendar.

Needed a robust system.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your feedback Jennifer - good comments that I've passed along to our support team.

Flexible Calendar Solution That Can Centralize Your Events

We have successfully used the Localist solution to centralize and consolidate our various calendars and event posts. What was previously done via many entry points can now be done through one. The vendor assisted us throughout but most of the work had to be done internally for obvious reasons.

Pros

The solution is very flexible to our needs and the branding capabilities are impressive. We also liked that we can have both internal and external, public-facing calendar views. The final implementation is seamless to the end users and appears to them as though it was custom, in-house work.

Cons

The actual setup of the solution was laborious. Our goal was to consolidate many separate calendars in use around our organization. Setting up each integration feed and forming appropriate categories to fit each of the various events was the most challenging part. It required several discussions with our stakeholder group.

Reasons for Choosing Localist

For the price, Localist offered better features and customization options to meet our needs. It also wasn't the most expensive option we investigated.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your detailed review!

Kathleen from Leeward Community College

Can't say enoughh about Localist

The entire team at Localist is great to work with; speedy replies to email inquiries; a Slack channel for discussion. Truly a great company.

Pros

Localist has made event promotion so much more effective! Having a single place to list events, and the ability to display those events in multiple ways via multiple channels is time-saving and helps spread promote all our events. Since everyone on campus can submit an event, there's a built-in sense of community! The interface is clear and easy for all level of users! The social aspects of the calendar are the best facet: users can leave reviews, post photos and share with friends. Simply can't think of a better calendar platform for any college.

Cons

Customizing the CSS takes a higher understanding of programming than I possess...but our IT folks find it simple!

Reasons for Choosing Localist

Features were just what I was looking for and it worked perfectly for college calendars. For the first time, we had ALL college calendars in one place!

Reasons for Switching to Localist

Localist offered all the options I was looking for

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your detailed review Kathleen!

Pam from PA Parks & Forests Foundation

Localist is a GREAT calendar app

An attractive, easy to use calendar appears on our website. It's easy to link people to events and there is plenty of room to promote our volunteer and recreational opportunities.

Pros

Installation and use of Localist is a breeze. Because our state agency partner also uses it, duplication of events and effort (for me at least) has been cut way down.

Cons

Like all technology, it can be intimidating and not all of our chapters have been convinced to install a widget on their own websites. It's early days though and I am hopeful.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback Pam! We're catching up on responding to some Capterra reviews, and we wanted to check-in. I wanted to let you know that we are weeks away from launching an improved front-end on the Localist platform. Our goal with this front-end release is to update the design of the customizable layout - without disturbing too much in the existing experience. Maintaining simplicity in the user's experience is critical. We have identified opportunities in key moments of interaction to improve user flows and optimize how content is consumed. Looking forward to this release and would love to get some feedback from you after that release! If you have any questions and concerns hit us up at https://www.localist.com/contact/

Emily from University of Colorado Boulder

Powerful tool that is simple to use

Pros

Localists offers many features and displays beautifully. From administrators to calendar users, the platform is intuitive to use and offers truly useful features. Our users love the ease of expressing interest in an event and notifications in their inbox. Administrators love the ease of setup, reporting and the configuration flexibility. Our events site is attractive and easy to use for the public and we have more units using the calendar platform and the embed widget so they may display their events on their website as well.

Cons

We have a system that works for us but it would be nice to have a more options in setting up user permissions.

Reasons for Switching to Localist

Our previous calendar platform looked out dated and did not offer the ability to have as many users on the platform as we needed. This meant we had fewer people engaged with the calendar and fewer events posted.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback Emily!

Jill from Oregon State University

Great solution for promoting events

Localist has put a lot of thought into designing a system that simply makes sense to users, and they offer great advice on how to organize filters and user functions so that they remain intuitive. We've had nothing but happy comments from users and providers.

Pros

It's extremely intuitive and easy for both end users and event providers to dive right in. Also, I love their support team. They are enthusiastic, have a solid technical understanding of the software, respond quickly with solutions that work and creative ideas.

Cons

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Jill! We're catching up on responding to some Capterra reviews, and we wanted to check-in. I wanted to let you know that we are weeks away from launching an improved front-end on the Localist platform. Our goal with this front-end release is to update the design of the customizable layout - without disturbing too much in the existing experience. Maintaining simplicity in the user's experience is critical. We have identified opportunities in key moments of interaction to improve user flows and optimize how content is consumed. Looking forward to this release and would love to get some feedback from you after that release! If you have any questions and concerns hit us up at https://www.localist.com/contact/

Terry from CultureWorks

Love this calendar!

Localist has been a dream with which to work. They helped integrate their calendar with the SquareSpace and their support team is always ready to help. Great product and excellent support.

Pros

The ease of use and flexibility for event entry.

Cons

That it does not work well with the Squarespace platform.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback Terry! We're catching up on responding to some Capterra reviews, and we wanted to check-in. I wanted to let you know that we are weeks away from launching an improved front-end on the Localist platform. Our goal with this front-end release is to update the design of the customizable layout - without disturbing too much in the existing experience. Maintaining simplicity in the user's experience is critical. We have identified opportunities in key moments of interaction to improve user flows and optimize how content is consumed. Looking forward to this release and would love to get some feedback from you after that release! If you have any questions and concerns hit us up at https://www.localist.com/contact/

Andrea from University of Kentucky

Great UX - easy and quick to use

Pros

We have been using Localist for a while now, using it as a primary destination for our stakeholders to learn about our events. The integration with our event management system is great and the UX is really good. Super user-friendly and clear with labels, flexible to add your own tags/categories, etc. We have embedded it in our website and it's awesome not to have to worry about managing multiple calendars - using the same one for the whole university and our individual department.

Cons

Some limited visual features to style the feed with code.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your review Andrea!

Elizabeth from University of Colorado Boulder

Generally gets the job done, however, a couple of backend tweak would make life easier

Overall, I've had a good experience and there are a couple little things that could be refined.

Pros

I like how quick and easy it is to add an event, especially with the fields that auto-populate, such as the location field, linking the content to a map.

Cons

As a lead administrator who is in charge of approving events in our campus's pending queue, there's no distinction for me to know which events were saved by other admins on campus who will publish the content themselves (once they're ready), and which events are for me and me team to approve and publish.

I don't know

I don't know

Response from Localist

Replied May 2020

Thanks for the feedback Elizabeth!

Melissa from Sam Houston State University

Great for web widgets

I love the functionality, and the customizable widgets are a lifesaver.

Pros

I love the fact that I can customize widgets for our existing websites, and link to our registration software easily.

Cons

I do wish that when people post notifications or questions on the event listing that it would notify administrators that there was a post. This could help us weed out the spam postings and also answer questions for those that actually needed the help.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the great feedback and a positive review Melissa!

Megan from University of Colorado Boulder Strategic Relations and Communications

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Easy to use, wish it was more customizable

I do not communicate with customer support directly, but it seems like it often takes a long time for us to get responses when we do.

Pros

Very easy to use. We have many event admins across our campus, and people seem to pick it up pretty quickly regardless of level of experience.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable for our needs. With such a large campus, we end up with many events in our pending queue, both from non-admins and admins who accidentally submit events for approval instead of just adding to the calendar. We have asked to have facets added to the main queue so that we can filter by different fields.

Reasons for Switching to Localist

Old product was not meeting our needs

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your feedback Megan!

Heather from Michigan Technological University

Industry: Performing Arts

Schedule Buy Tickete Button

Pros

Easy to use, very user friendly and I enjoy how customizable the feeds are.

Cons

Please add the ability to schedule the buy ticket button. We want to get our events out there asap to give people the opportunity to select their events for season packages. We have to go in later to set up buy ticket buttons for individual tickets. Season package holders get preference on their seats first.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your feedback Heather! I've passed it along to our support team as well.

Ellen from Hiatt Studios

An excellent product and service

We needed a calendar that was easy to use for multiple parties in order to pull together the calendar of events for multiple arts groups. It's been an effective tool.

Pros

Localist met the need for a calendar with a lot of features, satisfying our community need for a robust calendar. Wish the newsletter feature were simpler. Support has been fabulous.

Cons

Older newsletter feature was too limited and difficult, and the newer newsletter feature seems complicated still. A lot of software changes have been difficult to keep up with changes and features.

Reasons for Choosing Localist

A key feature was that we could pull an RSS feed from another calendar into this calendar. It's not perfect, and does not always get every bit of data, but it works.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your feedback Ellen! I've passed your comment onto our support team as well.

Sean from Allegheny College

Localist Review

Pros

Makes it easy to manage events and for events to feed throughout our website.

Cons

You can't bulk approve, disapprove pending events. Having to deal with spam comments and events can be frustrating. Not sufficient documentation for creating custom widgets for our website. Some of the widget options when creating custom widgets are somewhat limited.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your detailed feedback Sean. I've passed your feedback onto our support team as well.

TERRI from Missouri Baptist University

Event marketing

Customer service is quick to respond. If Localist would give suggestions for ways to get users engaged, it would be helpful. While we in put all the data, we aren't seeing the return in marketing and attendance.

Pros

posts are clean and fairly user friendly

Cons

signing up for events...too many steps to review search engine can be clunky text messaging feature would be nice

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks Terri! I've passed your review to our support team and they'll be following up with those suggestions.

Chris from Northern Virginia Community College

Localist review

The support staff has been very helpful.

Pros

The submission of events makes it easy for people to submit their events to the college. I also like the concept of the channels to create focused event series.

Cons

I wish there was a way to force event submissions into a specific format. For example, some people leave the community unselected, so I have to manually add that in during approval. Also, I wish there were batch actions for pending events.

Reasons for Switching to Localist

The product was no longer supported.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your feedback Chris. I've passed your comment to our support team too!

Craig from Hope College

Developer rarely gets involved.

Fantastic. Great product, great support.

Pros

My favorite aspect of our Localist implementation is that, as our institution's sole developer, I don't have to worry about it. We skinned it, connected it to a few services, and it just runs. On occasion I need to update a style or template element, or generate a new widget, but otherwise I just stay out of it and our office manager handles the rest!

Reasons for Choosing Localist

Localist seemed the best fit for the complete web presence overhaul we were undergoing at the time. It was stylable, connectable, and easy to handle.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your positive review Craig!

Taylor from Bowling Green State University

Localist Has Made Life Easier

Our students are our main priority in higher education. We want to be able to provide a solution to them that is going to be easy to use and something that they can use over and over again. I think this tool has helped drive our students to find and participate in events that are meaningful to them.

Pros

We are very happy with our switch to localist. It has has made our event management for our admins so much easier and we have seen a significant increase in our analytics.

Cons

We do wish that there were some more functionality in regards to the notification system for our event admins.

Reasons for Switching to Localist

Our previous system was not intuitive and we were having difficulties getting people to use it.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your positive review Taylor!

TANYA from A&M-COMMERCE

Localist Review

Pros

I like the overall usability of the software. It makes calendar submissions easier to digest and organize for the university.

Cons

I don't like the fact that we can't alter some of the templates and/or functionality on our own.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the feedback Tanya. We're releasing some new templates soon. Looking forward to your feedback after that release.

Monaco from Georgia State University

Really love this product - easy to undersand

Pros

Easy to understand. Lots of features but doesn't feel overwhelming

Cons

Doesn't have a monthly view. I honestly don't care. I think it looks good now. But a lot of my visitors complain about this. They want to see a monthly overview without a very long scroll. We have at least 50 events per month so I understand their concerns.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback Monaco!

Michael from Baltimore magazine

Industry: Publishing

Calendar of Events

As a publisher of all that's happening in the Baltimore area, we needed an easy way to publish events. The Localist team helped us with the initial platform launch, and has supported us every step of the way. The software is elegant, and the people behind the software provide excellent customer service.

Pros

Easy to use Allows for user generated content with our review and approval Excellent user experience

Cons

There is nothing that we don't like about the software

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for such a glowing review Michael!

Eric from Northern Michigan University

Should be so much better

It looked like a promising product but since the first month of implementation, we ran into a wall with support. Anything outside of their tight scope of functionality was not supported and would not even be considered. When things break all you have is an email address to post your issue and then wait.

Pros

The calendar has a nice look and has a lot of features integrated into it. It has been stable and reliable throughout the time we've used it.

Cons

Support has been generally terrible. Anything outside of the basic functionality is simply not supported and they have been unwilling to implement ANY requests that we've made. On several occasions the answers provided by support have been blatantly wrong and only through our own channels have we been able to fix problems that the vendor created. Their API is read-only so making any types of changes require using the GUI which is a nightmare when trying to manage hundreds of events and users. The calendar has little to no spam protection so users can post hundreds of bogus reviews while trying to farm clicks on our platform. Again, support had no solution for this and did not offer to help remove these.

Reasons for Switching to Localist

Helios was no longer supported or under development.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Ouch, I'm sorry to read your review Eric, but your detailed feedback is constructive. I've sent your reviewto a couple of senior people over here at Localist to see what we can do better for you. You'll be hearing from someone soon!

Lisa from UCI

Localist is great

The customer service is excellent. The product is easy to use. Makes my work life easier.

Pros

Ease of use. Departments on campus can enter their event information. You can customize the fields.

Cons

Nothing to dislike. Everything is great.

Too cumbersome.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the positive review Lisa!

Almost great

Overall, it is great when compared to a lot of other calendar tools. It needs a few improvements, but at least they are trying!

Pros

Cons

Not the best in terms of accessibility. Event images have no place to add custom alt text and simply get assigned the events title as the alt text. No landmarks used. Headings are all over the place etc. There are some features that they really need to add such as administrators being able to view the calendar from another users account (assume their identity), view edit history on a group or channel, schedule out sponsored events etc.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Simple application to use

Pros

Very easy application to use to manage calendar events and give access to internal/external users

Cons

wish there were more options to maximize the ability to do new, different things

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Kristen from University of Pittsburgh

Localist is great platform for University calendar

Pros

I like that the platform is very user friendly. We train users around the university to add events and is it extremely helpful to be user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes we find some buys within the software. Another thing is that sometimes there are items that we can't customize to our university.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your positive review Kristen!

Nicole from DePaul University

Great Software

Tutorial needed

Pros

Easy to navigate and user friendly. Great service time response

Cons

Don't have any con. I haven't run into any issues

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback and review Nicole!

Rick from SUNY Oswego

Localist- review

Pros

The ability to add widgets to various digital properties

Cons

Some of the admin UI in unintuitive. We also found an issue with users being able to create their own avatar, in some cases the avatar could be offensive and there is no way to easily "report" that to the calendar admins.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your positive and detailed review Rick!

Richard from Western Colorado University

Our Experience with Localist

Pros

The ease of use and empowerment of users to submit events

Cons

I would like the ability to undo or pull back imported events via bulk upload

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your feedback Richard!

Chris from UO Lundquist College of Business

Great for event management

We are solving the issue of managing events campus wide. The system helps keep all of our students, staff, faculty, and even those outside the university informed about what is happening. It really does well in most areas.

Pros

It's robust from an administrative perspective, and the UI is welcoming and easy to use.

Cons

The lack of a writable API is discouraging and makes it difficult to integrate with our other systems. Additionally certain administrative features such as event publishing could be streamlined - searching for relevant events for our department is unnecessarily challenging.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your feedback Chris! I've passed your comments along to our support team as well.

Danielle from Visit Montgomery

Localist Review

Pros

Very easy to navigate for both the consumer and administrator.

Cons

Integrating an RSS feed from another site. We haven't seemed to figure this out yet.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback Danielle. Sharing this review with the support team and someone will be following up with you.

Jason from University of Missouri

Localist is a great product that means almost all of our needs

I've never had a complaint from where I sit on their service. They have ALWAYS been helpful.

Pros

- Support team is very responsive and helpful at all times. - Documentation for the front and backend has always been well done. - Localist provides nearly all the features we need as a university to use as a community driven calendaring tool.

Cons

- The API, while rich and well constructed, limits our ability to easily pull events that span multiple days in a simple way. We have to merge each instance of the event into a single one on our end.

Reasons for Switching to Localist

Product was not meeting our needs and didn't seem to be progressing as a modern web application

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback Jason. I'm passing your feedback on to our support team to see if there is an opportunity to improve your experience.

Katlyn from Missouri Baptist University

Delightfully Functional Tool

Pros

Being able to house all departments and divisions of our University into this single calendar platform has been a great tool to be able to utilize across our campuses. I definitely enjoy seeing faculty, staff, students, prospective students and parents all being able to log-in to our Localist calendar to see everything our campus has to offer in one place.

Cons

Some of the widget customizers don't mesh well with our University's web platform, but that's more of an issue on our side than Localist.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for such a detailed review Katlyn!

Jacqueline from BGSU

Localist

Pros

Easy to use, a lot of options, different settings.

Cons

That it does not flag multiple event entry.

Reasons for Choosing Localist

Was not involved in this part of the process

Needed an upgraded software

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback Jacqueline!

Rod from USC

Localist Review

Pros

The widget and API options are great features.

Cons

Some comprises were needed when desired user interface could not be implemented. To be fair, we were asking for the world.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for such a candid review Rod!

Erin from CultureWorks

Localist Review - September 2019

Pros

I love the ease of use. Working with the Localist support team makes changes feel very doable and easy.

Cons

I would like to be able to do more things myself in the software, without the help of the support team.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback and positive review Erin!

Kara from Florida State University

Easy Scheduling

I use Localist to manage my organization's event calendar. It allows you to put an image, basic information, contact information as well as hashtags and keywords and allows for the ability to make certain events featured.

Pros

The wealth of information the software allows you to provide.

Cons

This might be due to user error but I find my ability to input certain tags and keywords restricted.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Hey Kara! Thanks for the positive review. We're catching up on some past reviews. I'm hoping you got your tag and keyword issues resolved, but if you haven't, please get in touch, and we will work it out for you! https://www.localist.com/contact/

Michelle from FAU Jupiter Campus

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use and the ability to login through multiple methods. This is especially useful for students and other visitors trying to connect to our interface. It is easy to train someone to use the software.

Cons

I like the overall experience so do not have any cons for the software at this time.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for such a positive review, Michelle!

Giada from Drake University

Worked well for my institution

Pros

My university needed a streamlined way to hold all of our events and be able to share them out. This system allows us to do that, and every department uses it now.

Cons

I wish there was a way to view all of the events in a month on a calendar format, rather than a list.

Response from Localist

Replied September 2019

Thanks for your feedback and positive review Giada!

Simple and Easy to Use

Pros

I like this product because it allowed us to customize it for our organization's intent.

Cons

Sometimes the cache takes a really long time to update so you can't see the difference you made to featured items automatically.

Reasons for Switching to Localist

Wanted something more integrated with our organization website

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your review!

Joe from hampton University

localist review

Pros

Localist is easy to use and flows well.

Cons

Better tracking needed, so you can follow approval process.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Thanks for your review Joe!

Bryan from MICA

Wouldn't be my first choice

The beginning was very nice. Getting rid of the image bank was a great idea. After the initial email creation, it was very easy to put event newsletters together.

Pros

The approval of events is pretty easy and it's nice to have all the info involved - when and who submitted it.

Cons

Mostly I don't like the new setup. I don't like having to program in the header, body, footer. It makes me feel like I have to do that every time. They should have had videos from the start, but didn't. So nothing was really clear with the new site.

Response from Localist

Replied October 2019

Hey Bryan! Thanks for your feedback. I've passed your comments along to our support team as well.