Browse Turning Reviews

Robert from American Geophysical Union (AGU)

Turning Point is a great solution for our Honors program

Amazing experience. Both from a value perspective and customer service. I'd recommend them to anyone. It's a great technology run by great people.

Pros

We used it for virtual deliberations and voting of our Fellows program. In the past, we had used the hand held clickers, but due to COVID, all of our committees were virtual. It did an amazing job of being flexible for us an enabled us to use the platform with committee members across the globe.

Cons

Nothing I coudl really say that I didn't like, although it was hard to figure out how to use it for our business rules as it related to our honors program. But we are nuanced and have very specific needs. that's where their amazing customer service came in. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped us from their headquarters and was incredible. He spent hours with us to help us set up and was even available for us over a weekend to help troubleshoot if we had any issues.

Stephen from Canada Occupational Safety Group. Inc.

TP for webinars falls short

Frustrating

Pros

Familiar with the software and its addition to PP

Cons

Using TP for webinars requires the use of a second system to accommodate audio and video This is problematic for less technical participants. I could have used Zoom with polling for a lot less $$$$ and a lot less trouble.

Reasons for Switching to Turning

I have been using TP for intructor lead training for many years. I thought I would give it a try for webinars

Jonathan from St. George's University School of Medicine

Easy way ensure class participation

Pros

Turning point is used in my med school as a way to measure class attendance and performance. It is super easy to use. One thing that is great is once you are set to a channel on your remote for that class you won’t need to change it as long as the receiver’s channel doesn’t get changed. It makes it easy to pull out your remote and click-in to questions without having to worry about setting up your remote every time you use it.

Cons

I’m not sure if it is just a problem with my med school or the internet connectivity but the receiver crashes or malfunctions in some way at least once a month. I think that it can be confusing for professors to use especially if they aren’t particularly tech-savvy, usually, when there is a problem here they have to call in one of the tech specialists to fix the program and/or receiver and get it going again.

Reasons for Switching to Turning

I attend a different university now.

Amy from AAAE

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Easy to use but not always accurate

TurningPoint reps have always been very responsive when we need assistance. We typically use the actual clicker devices in person, but with the pandemic, in person courses were not happening. Using the mobile function has been very helpful for our virtual trainings. I wish we did not have to pay per seat to add more people on though. Maybe they could change the way they charge to blocks of seats, instead of a per seat cost that you have to pay every year. I have considered moving to a software that does not require an annual fee.

Pros

It is helpful, especially in the pandemic, that this software is mobile enabled, and people can respond from all over the U.S. The physical clickers are very simple to use. It is a nice way to engage a class and measure their knowledge.

Cons

I don't like that we have to pay an annual subscription fee based on our number of seats. Occasionally we may need to have more participants, but we would have to add on more participants into our subscription just for those couple of times that we need more than we have. Also, I wish there was a way to not give points against a person's score if they do not answer a question. Sometimes signals are weak or someone leaves the room, and they are penalized for that. Doesn't give a real accurate example of their current knowledge.

Kalin from Higher Education

Good for Classroom Use

TurningPoint offers great software that can improve the learning and lecture happening in a classroom. Unfortunately, I do not think that TurningPoint offers anything that cannot be offered by other free programs. The fee they charge to use the software would send me looking elsewhere for classroom software to save my program and my students money.

Pros

As a current student, I use this software to answer questions asked by my professors in class. I appreciate the ability this software gives students to interact with professors in large classes. My professor is able to teach and then ask questions to gauge student understanding. He or she can then adjust teaching according to the student responses.

Cons

Despite the fact that I like this software, I think there are other options available that are just as good without the fee TurningPoint charges. I had to pay twenty dollars to use this software for a limited period of time, and I know of other programs that would give me access to all of the same features for free.

Reasons for Switching to Turning

I was required to switch by my school.

Elizabeth from The Geneva Foundation

Turning Point Review - Overall good

Overall, great. I use it to administer tests and questionnaires to students. It helps prevent cheating and it makes data collection and analysis much smoother.

Pros

It is user friendly, after you have practiced the process a couple of times. The reports feature is very helpful and exporting the data is also very easy and useful. It is very hard to accidentally lose data, which makes using this software a bit dummy-proof.

Cons

My biggest con is on the side of the device user. When answers are ready to be submitted, the process is not always consistent. Sometimes the device says that the question list is completed, sometimes it does not. Although this is easy to move through with some instruction, it can be very confusing for the user.

Gaynol from internationsl salon and spa

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Turning point Review

Pros

test generator, testing, great access to information,Interactive powerpoints with results

Cons

subscription renewal when a student loses subscription info or when subscription expires.

Anthony from Memorial Healthcare System

TurningPoint - Challenges with Large Group Assignments

Very easy to use but severely limited when assigning exams to large groups with extended due dates.

Pros

Ease of access, easy to create assignments and surveys.

Cons

NO option to provide students real-time test results immediately after completing an exam. No option to allow re-takes if assignment is incomplete or submitted in error by the student. NOT being able to share completed modules with other TurningPoint admin accounts. NOT being able to upload PDF and word documents. NO option that shows date/time when an assignment is submitted. Not being able to delete incomplete assignments from the guest accounts.

Reasons for Choosing Turning

I was not involved in the decision.

Jamilah from Wake Forest Baptist Health

Effective for Increased Engagement

During virtual teachings, overall participation and engagement has increased since using Turning Point.

Pros

The software gives me a lot of flexibility for gamifying with groups. I have found it easy to use and I rarely have problems with getting large groups onto the participant portal.

Cons

When participants join the portal, all PPT slides are able to be seen, but videos do not play through the TP session. This causes participants to have to join the virtual class on a PC as well as on their phone (for the polling questions) to be able to participate (This is only if videos are embedded into the PPT).

Joey from Valero

Industry: Oil & Energy

Effective Tool

Again, better gaming options would increase the use of the product. The technology itself (even with the use of smart devices) does seem to be somewhat outdated.

Pros

The software is relatively user friendly. Due to the nature of our industry, we do prefer to use the built in clickers, but having the option for smart devices is also a great benefit.

Cons

Wish there was some built in gaming options that do not appear dated. I know it can be built, but having pre-built options (outside of Bravo) would be great.

Reasons for Choosing Turning

The field was very familiar to the product - so we have kept it as a licensed product.

Whitney from Shenandoah University

TurningPoint Review

Pros

This product is good for polling a large amount of individuals. I've used it as a student and it was very easy to pair as well as answer questions during class. My professors seemed to manage using the product with ease, there was never any technologic concerns during class. This program is a great way to keep classes engaged and to determine what information some individuals may be struggling with.

Cons

This product does cost, however I believe that it is worth it. Once you buy a ResponseCard device, they can be used for multiple courses which is great when you attend a university that heavily uses this product.

Mary from NEUCO

Industry: Utilities

Simple and Fun - A Great Tool

Excellent!!! FIVE STARS ALL AROUND!!!!

Pros

Makes learning fun, generates competition. Great reporting features, which not only help participants, but assist the Training Department to identify areas of focus.

Cons

None come to mind. I just hope that Turning Point does NOT abandon the Response Pads, as I have heard rumors to that effect.

Debra from Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits

Lifesaver!

Pros

We've been using this for several years for an annual meeting. This year the meeting was held virtually and Turning Point stepped up its game with the online and app version. Meeting was seamless and everyone commented how easy it was to use.

Cons

Nothing negative to say! Product is easy to use!

Mark from CertifiedSafety

Industry: Oil & Energy

Overall, great product

Pros

We've used this product for over 5 years, I like how it's evolved from the response clickers to phone & tablet app.

Cons

I would like to see an option to tell participants a response was incorrect during Self-Polling.

Michael from James Madison University

Industry: Civil Engineering

Easy to use and convenient for students

As a student, I use the turning point app every other day in class. Ever since my clicker broke, the turning point app has been reliable and efficient.

Pros

Instead of buying clickers, turning point allows you to make your phone into a clicker. It is very straight forward and cost efficient.

Cons

The only downside is that I have to type in the session ID every class, but that is only because my teacher changes it each class.

Allyn from CWS

A great way to gather audience feedback in your presentation

Pros

TurningPoint is a great way to engage your audience on a new level. You can create ananomous polling questions and have audience members answer them using their clicker devices. You can also constomize how audience feedback is displayed on the screen.

Cons

TurningPoint is an expensive software that also requires you to purchase clicker devices for each audience participant.

Drew from ELITechGroup

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Conversation Starter

TurningPoint has been a great tool for us.

Pros

The technology allows my audience to interact with me in real time. When talking to salesmen about the needs of their teams it is always great to get real time responses to address some of the issues they may have in the field.

Cons

Not a whole lot. There is a small learning curve on how to start building power points.

n/a

Michael from CNHi

Somewhat Satisfied

When the software works properly it satisfies our needs with our training processes.

Pros

Electronic testing. Eliminating the paper process that were in place.

Cons

Seems that we keep dropping our courses and having to reload all the time. Every time I close out turning point it says that it has stopped working.

Reasons for Choosing Turning

We had used turning point in the past and decided we needed to go back to the electronic process.

Can be useful in gaining audience participation, but in my experience, has been glitchy

Overall, a great idea and good execution, with some minor connectivity issues.

Pros

This product has been useful in a classroom or lecture setting where audience participation is wanted. I have used Turningpoint in many classes when instructors have wanted to give a quiz, a survey, or take attendance for the class.

Cons

The functionality is great and I can see the appeal, but at times, people have trouble connecting with the server with their remotes. It has been a while since I have used it, but there must be a better way through an online portal, which the company may have fixed by now.

Richard from Amarillo College

Pros

TurningPoint is an easy to use polling software with an intuitive interface. It easily integrates with PowerPoint presentation. Our institution uses this platform for Pre and Post tests for instruction lectures.

Cons

There can sometimes be a lag between a PowerPoint update and a TurningPoint update which can cause functionality issues. Physical clickers are becoming obsolete with the ease and availability of smartphone apps.

Aharon from Southview Animal Hospital

Should Be Simpler...

Pros

This product allows for excellent group communication, whether in a classroom or at a meeting, etc. Everyone can post votes or answer a question by using the app from their phones.

Cons

Everything is always so complicated to set up. It works great once all of the users are in, but getting to that point can be so buggy.

Gary from Consulting

Industry: Information Services

Underwhelming and overpriced

At one point a few years ago the product was stable and reliable, the company decided to start charging a annual fee for the software rather the "per major release" licence which was originally the case. As far as I am aware, it is the only clicker company that charges an annual fee for people who purchase clickers. Without the software the clickers do not work so the annual fee is a essential.

Pros

The integration with the Powerpoint toolbar is great.

Cons

You cant simply use the software, you have to register for a Turning Account which is a nightmare when you forget the password and 500 people are waiting for you to sort the problem out.

Bernard from Eye Bank Association of America

EBAA

Overall it has met our need and a solid product

Pros

It fits our need because it handles weighted voting

Cons

You can now easily handle polling through almost any online platform for free

Lisa from Sonoma Academy

Clunky and Unreliable, But GREAT when it works

Customer service has truly tried to be helpful, but I'm usually spending hours trying to troubleshoot the day before I want to give the presentation, and I'm just done.

Pros

As I said, it works quite well about 60% of the time. When it works, it's stellar.

Cons

It's buggy and unreliable. As a user of both PC's and Mac's, I detest that the features of each version are different. Now going to Socrative or Kahoot because it's SO FRUSTRATING to have to re-discover all the changes and different stuff every time one version or the other gets updated.

Becky from Solis

A great way to poll your audience, when it works

Pros

TurningPoint is a great way to poll your audience and create interactive presentations. You can also customize how the polling information is presented on the screen.

Cons

TurningPoint can be buggy to use. I have had several instances where the app crashed or the remote clickers would not connect.

Erika from Wellnest

Industry: Mental Health Care

Turning Point review for evaluation

Pros

I like the accessibility of creating post test and evaluation for our trainings. It is easy to manage the responses and to export them into excel. As well as creating and scheduling them.

Cons

Not being able to survey more than 100 people.

Sometimes just raising your hand is easier

It is an easy way for students to poll, but only when it works. Too many behind the scene items have to fall in place for a good result.

Pros

Digital App is available. The integration with powerpoint is convenient. When it works, it works well.

Cons

No compatibility with Apple Keynote. Physical Clickers are small and easily lost. App is nice provided it is updated with device manufactured update their OS. Turning Anywhere? Too many versions and a software license model.

Mathieu from Université Laval

Good!

Pros

This is a really good tool to make activities of all sorts that needed votes in large groupes of people.

Cons

The only cons that I've encountered so far is that it can be kind of tricky if you want to mix 2 kits togheter... but when you have done that once, that is no big deal.

Prince from Self Employed

Industry: Computer Hardware

TurningPoint review

Pros

It is an easy way to engage and measure the knowledge of students in a class and it also has a favourable customer service.

Cons

It does not give a chance to re-submit assignments which you might have submitted by mistake or want to amend errors you realized they have.

Melanie from St Joseph's

Super engaging for students

Pros

It is really interactive and is changing what class presentations look, feel and sound like

Cons

Relies on a good internet connection which is usually fine but on the odd occasion that can be frustrating particularly when you've planned a presentation around it