All Yapp Reviews

Reshma

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2018

AMAZING! Everyone gets so excited every time we use this tool!

Better collaboration at all our events! Our teams are communicating better now too.

PROS

I have been using YAPP for over 2 years for our global conferences - to get people to engage, get excited, and as a way of reducing printed paper agendas and other print materials. I love the functionality, and how easy it is to upload and use - I have had to test out another event app and that was very difficult to use. I especially love that I can upload a simple CSV file with participant names and that comes up so easily. I really do enjoy working with the tool - and being able to upload files so easily!

CONS

The cost - sometimes I find it high. The only other thing I would say is the way apps are archived so you can't see some from the previous year.

Caleb

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Yapp Review

I had/am having an amazing experience with Yapp. Customer service is exceptional! They always answer very quickly and get back to you with answers to any questions you have (or problems you encounter while editing your app). Shoutout to [sensitive content hidden] at Yapp for all his wonderful help! The user experience was also great. I was easily able to build my app by adding specific features. Yapp also has a help center where you can look up how to complete something (EX: how to upload attendees, overall tips & tricks, etc.)

PROS

Ease of use. Yapp has templated pages to use in the app so you do not have to build anything from scratch. (EX: polls, schedule, agenda, etc.). Additionally, any time you have a change to make to your app, it is completed in real-time and after "publishing" your changes, attendees who downloaded your app will see these new changes the next time they view the app.

CONS

Reporting features are good (EX: app usage, engagement stats) but I feel like a little more can be done here so administrators can dive deeper into the data to analyze.

Reason for choosing Yapp

One big reason was the price (much cheaper compared to Whova and what our company needed at the time).If you need an app for a specific company conference and want your attendees to have information at their fingertips in an easy way, Yapp is a great company to go with!

Thanks for the thorough review, Caleb. I especially appreciate that you called out our help center. It is a great resource to learn the ins and outs of Yapp. We look forward to working with your org for the years to come!

Replied February 2023

Valentina

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Outdated

PROS

Easy to use, app can be downloaded on every phone

CONS

Graphic is outdated (fonts, options etc.) and the fact that you can only upload 1 picture at a time

My GM used it before

Hi Valentina, thanks for taking the time to review Yapp. I'm glad that you found the product easy to use, but sorry that you were disappointed by the options for visual customization in the app, and by the image attachment limitations. Those are reasonable criticisms and things that I hope we can improve about Yapp.

Nadia

Retail, 51-200 employees

Review from Nadia Fihema at Huda beauty

Great experience, the team love it and its super easy for the administrators

PROS

The ability to communicate in a creative space, share information & documents with the sales floor teams

CONS

Have to publish the app every time something is added

Reasons for switching to Yapp

We wanted something that looked nice and was easy to organise, also for future the ability to brand it more

Glad to hear that Yapp is helping you communicate and inspire with your sales floor teams, Nadia! We're working on making publishing more seamless and less of an interruption for end users.

Zach

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2019

An Excellent Choice

PROS

Easy to add information and customize to our needs. Easy to distribute to attendees. Cost is very competitive.

CONS

Some other conference apps seem to have more features (but also cost a fair amount more).

Reason for choosing Yapp

While both looked very nice, they were more expensive. For the features we needed, it wasn't worth transitioning to these options.

Josh

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2022

Perfect for small nonprofits, with enough bells and whistles to feel special

PROS

I appreciated the ability to upload conference data with a CSV template, which saved so much time. I also felt it was easy to navigate, customizable enough to feel branded, and highly responsive for our needs.

CONS

I wish there were a better way to give speakers access to their speaker profile other than the "claim this page" function it currently uses.

Reason for choosing Yapp

Price was fantastic, better interface, easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Yapp

Hopin was not user-friendly, cumbersome, and expensive.

Thanks for the thorough review, Josh. I'm glad that the CSV import worked well for you and that we had a sufficient level of customization for you. Regarding speakers accessing their profile, I'm guessing that you are hoping for some kind of web portal they could access to edit? Feel free to reach out to our support team to tell us what you are looking for in more detail.

Replied January 2023

LynAnn

Events Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2022

Simplicity & value

Great price. Simple, clean design with variety of templates to deliver information. Very responsive to questions or issues that need to be reviewed.

PROS

Yapp is a simple application to build and manage all information for conference attendees.

CONS

Would like to be able to execute real time polls or crowd source ideas — might need to brainstorm with one of your account execs to learn features we might bot be utilizing to fullest around ways we can leverage Yapp with audience engagement.

Reason for choosing Yapp

Simple. Price point. Client had used it before.

Thanks for choosing Yapp, LynAnn. We would be happy to work with you and your team to help you get the most out of the platform!

Government Relations, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Easy to set up, easy to use

I love this product. It's easy to set-up, edits are quick, and deploying updates is a breeze. The users like it because it's simply yet attractive.

PROS

Super quick and easy to add pages and content and deploy updates

CONS

I would like more text formatting options such as fonts, sizes, and orientation of text.

Reason for choosing Yapp

Using Yapp verses another market competitor saved us a few thousand dollars.

Now that's a meaningful cost savings! Thanks for sharing that, Jennifer. We'll keep in mind your interest in more text formatting flexibility.

Angel

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Happy to have Yapp

Anytime there has been an issue, Yapp is fast at connecting with us and helping us out.

PROS

The fact we can change anything quickly, and have information right at the fingertips for our staff and faculty.

CONS

Nothing that comes to mind right now that is relevent.

Thanks, Angel! Glad to hear that our editor UI has helped you make quick changes when you need to.

Replied August 2023

Cynthia

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Easy Build & Ease of Use

Very positive experience went over very well with all our members, attendees, sponsors, speakers and exhibitors! Would highly recommend!

PROS

The Yapp was very easy to build and made it easy for our attendees to have access to the most up-to-date information for our event, as well as having complete access to our Sponsors, Speakers and Exhibitors information and materials all in one place! Was a very plug and play software!

CONS

Wish we could have had our social feed automatically upload to our social media and not just in the app.

Thanks for the terrific review, Cynthia. Syndicating posts to public social media is a feature we will explore in the future!

Replied December 2023

Donna

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Best app deal out there!

Love it...very happy with Yapp! Yappy Happy!

PROS

This app is extremely affordable and simple to use. 24 hour support so somebody is always available to answer questions. I can form teams so they can build the app while I work on other items for my conference

CONS

It doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the more expensive apps...like font color and type.

price

Reasons for switching to Yapp

Attendify went out of business in the middle of us building an app and Whova is too expensive

Thanks for the kind words, Donna. I'm sorry to hear that you were stranded by your vendor shutdown, but we are really glad that you found Yapp! We'll keep the font color and type suggestion in mind for a future update!

Replied April 2023

Mitch

Wireless, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2022

Yapp is a "must have" for anyone planning an event. It's a no brainer!!!

First of all the Yapp customer service is 2nd to none.....period. Between the online tutorials and the live chat, the experience has been phenomenal. Any time I've sent a request to get a question answered, I've either gotten an immediate response or less than 30 minutes. I run a buying group and have 10 member companies. Yapp has been so well received that I believe 5 of them started using Yapp after our first experience in 2019. I can't emphasize enough what a fantastic product this is and simple to use for any skill level!

PROS

I am not the most tech savvy person being a Boomer who didn't grow up with a computer. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to navigate my way through creating my first app in 2019. It is very intuitive. For the past 4 years and creating multiple apps, there has been nothing that I wanted to create in an app, that I haven't been able to figure out. I love this product!

CONS

There really isn't a "like least" feature of this app. My only suggestion to make it just a little easier in some instances, would be to be able to clone a page within the app or to copy and paste a page from a previous app into a new app. My apps are very similar for each event so I start by cloning the previous app, which is very helpful. Cloning a page or cut and paste a page from previous apps would make it that much easier.

Reason for choosing Yapp

Other options were far too expensive. Initially I thought it would be more cumbersome for users to download Yapp and then have to go there every time to open my app. I could not have been more wrong. No one complained and it was very seamless for everyone.

Thanks, Mitch. We're glad to hear about your positive experience with Yapp and will keep in mind the excellent idea about cloning pages!

Deanne

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Yapp for event

PROS

Very easy to use and intuitive which is important for a small team that is new to administering a conference app. Also easy to use and intuitive for our conference attendees which this was their first time using an app at our conference.

CONS

The alerts/notifications would not push to users in the app unless they had specifically gone through their phone settings to allow the notifications. I'm not sure if this is anything Yapp can do anything about, but this would be a game changer. Also, assuming Yapp can get the notifications to push to users, the ability to schedule those notifications would be fantastic. Tracking continuing education (CE) is a major missing piece for Yapp. Conference apps should be able to track users attendance at sessions as a mechanism for organizations to award CE credits.

Thanks for the thoughtful review, Deanne. Yapp will automatically prompt users to allow it to send push notifications when it is installed, but it is true that users must choose to allow them. We recently added a scheduled posts feature -- more info at https://help.yapp.us/en/articles/6767384-scheduled-posts. Finally, CE tracking is definitely something we are keen to add to Yapp. Thanks for letting us know it is important to you!

Replied July 2023

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Conference App is the bomb

After 3 years we love the App for our conference

PROS

The schedule is terrific. Exhibitors profiles and info is good. Having speaker handouts on the schedule is a real plus!

CONS

1. can't attach digital promotional advertisements to exhibitors easily 2. Schedule overview doesn't have speaker's name on it....only location 3. Hard to add a READABLE MAP (exhibit hall and classrooms) 4. Most Sponsors are Exhibitors....can't pull Exhibitor Info into Sponsors. Have to enter same info twice

cost and ease of use

Excellent feedback, Michael. We will work your suggestions into our product roadmap -- glad you are getting good value in the meantime!

Widhi

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Preparation, during and post events on September 2022

Satisfied and will recommend to all colleagues from others company to used this apps

PROS

- Simple - Compatibility - Easy to use - Fully customized the features

CONS

Yes, Check-In attendees for each session of the events and connected with the Agenda

Reason for choosing Yapp

We already have the license, features are familiar by all employee and already installed on all employee gadget for longtime

Thanks for the review and for being a long-time customer, Widhi! We'll keep your session check-in needs in mind and hope to address that in a future update.

Nicholas

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Love Yapp App

Great! the team at Yapp are quick are replying to customer service needs

PROS

I love how easy it is for me customize and create and education learning space for our employees around the world.

CONS

the deployment, getting team members to have ease of download and sign in is an ongoing issue. For some reason once they download the app they have difficulty on initial sign in, which deters them from using the app.

Thanks for your review, Kevyn. We're grateful to have the feedback about your deployment challenge and would love to learn more about the difficulties new team members are having when onboarding so we can improve that. Feel free to reach out to our support team with details.

Replied January 2023

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Yapp serves our need

Has met our needs and more. I have had no problem getting sponsors for this high quality product

PROS

Ease of use. Completeness of offerings in one place

CONS

We have had very few issues with the Yapp App. We need to be sure it is well know. So I suggest more promotions

Reason for choosing Yapp

Price features ease of use

Hi Mark, I'm glad you have had a smooth and positive experience. Thank you for helping is spread the word about Yapp through this review!

Lisa