• icon"I love this software because of it's exceptional service, quality of finished products and productivity."
  • icon"I appreciated the ease in updating the app before, during and after the conference."
  • icon"Our members love having it and the number of installs increases every year. We no longer have to print presentations as they are all accessible under each workshop session menu item."
  • icon"Not many format to customize it a bit more. Maybe I'll explore it a bit more on the next conference."
  • icon"I haven't found anything that I dislike about this software."
  • icon"Entering the conference session data can be tedious, and there is really no way around this."

Browse all Yapp Reviews

• Have you used Yapp and would like to share your experience with others?

Reshma

AMAZING! Everyone gets so excited every time we use this tool!

Better collaboration at all our events! Our teams are communicating better now too.

Pros

I have been using YAPP for over 2 years for our global conferences - to get people to engage, get excited, and as a way of reducing printed paper agendas and other print materials. I love the functionality, and how easy it is to upload and use - I have had to test out another event app and that was very difficult to use. I especially love that I can upload a simple CSV file with participant names and that comes up so easily. I really do enjoy working with the tool - and being able to upload files so easily!

Cons

The cost - sometimes I find it high. The only other thing I would say is the way apps are archived so you can't see some from the previous year.

Industry: Farming

September 2022

User friendly, efficient, easy access during event

We printed less trip booklets this year (only for older leaders) and saved some money and time on preparing trip information. We've used it for 4-5 years now for our events and it's really been worth the money to all all event or trip info in one easy accessible location on your mobile app. The customer service has been great and the response time is within hours or a day.

Pros

Yapp mobile app is user friendly for the staff setting it up, efficient use of staff time, and helps manage info for your group at an event. I like that participant information can be uploaded all at once via CSV files, time saver!

Cons

We have to purchase a certain amount of apps in order to get the discount. We do not ever use all the apps but its cheaper to purchase the higher package. Maybe come up with a mid price discount or a discount for loyal customers? But this is a pricing suggestion, not a "like least" about software features.

Reasons for choosing Yapp

It was less cost. Also, we have some older member leaders who are not as into technology as some younger folks. We just needed the basics. We do not have a virtual event nor do we stream in any speakers. It works for our trip and event needs. We also use Yapp for county leader electronic directory. If we need to see a leader face or get their contact info, we can quickly look it up on the app. Other colleagues can use it as well, not just my department.

Response from Yapp

So glad to hear that Yapp is paying for itself in time and printing costs, Jennifer. If I had to guess, your unusual pricing experience is due to the fact that you are grandfathered into a legacy plan that we no longer offer to new customers. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you would like someone to review that for you, though!

Valentina

November 2022

Outdated

Pros

Easy to use, app can be downloaded on every phone

Cons

Graphic is outdated (fonts, options etc.) and the fact that you can only upload 1 picture at a time

My GM used it before

Response from Yapp

Hi Valentina, thanks for taking the time to review Yapp. I'm glad that you found the product easy to use, but sorry that you were disappointed by the options for visual customization in the app, and by the image attachment limitations. Those are reasonable criticisms and things that I hope we can improve about Yapp.

Jonathan

September 2022

The only cost effective solution I have found

Overall, it's a simple platform that helps structure data, display it helpfully, and update it in-realtime for conference attendees. Not as fancy or feature rich as other platforms, but by far the most affordable. Simple and effective.

Pros

It is a very easy solution to use and accomplishes the desire of having a conference "app". Worth the money and can be used simply for data distribution and communication, or you can use more advanced features if desired. Compared to all the other enterprise systems out there, this is the only one that is anywhere affordable for a non-profit event.

Cons

A little more customization on the app pages designed for just content display would be nice, but the more custom you can get the more complex it gets. A few more built-in themes or styles for the app structure/layout would be nice, but again, keeping it simple can actually be a blessing. More dynamic linking of data would be helpful (being able to create instances of items and then link to it throughout the app rather than having to recreate the data on different pages).

Reasons for choosing Yapp

Price and simplicity of setup and implementation.

Response from Yapp

Thanks for the review, Jonathan. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about how Yapp can serve you better. We're determined to continue to improve the platform while keeping it priced reasonable for non-profits like you.

Nadia

Review from Nadia Fihema at Huda beauty

Great experience, the team love it and its super easy for the administrators

Pros

The ability to communicate in a creative space, share information & documents with the sales floor teams

Cons

Have to publish the app every time something is added

Reasons for switching to Yapp

We wanted something that looked nice and was easy to organise, also for future the ability to brand it more

Response from Yapp

Glad to hear that Yapp is helping you communicate and inspire with your sales floor teams, Nadia! We're working on making publishing more seamless and less of an interruption for end users.

Industry: Government Relations

October 2022

Easy to set up, easy to use

I love this product. It's easy to set-up, edits are quick, and deploying updates is a breeze. The users like it because it's simply yet attractive.

Pros

Super quick and easy to add pages and content and deploy updates

Cons

I would like more text formatting options such as fonts, sizes, and orientation of text.

Reasons for choosing Yapp

Using Yapp verses another market competitor saved us a few thousand dollars.

Response from Yapp

Now that's a meaningful cost savings! Thanks for sharing that, Jennifer. We'll keep in mind your interest in more text formatting flexibility.

Josh

November 2022

Perfect for small nonprofits, with enough bells and whistles to feel special

Pros

I appreciated the ability to upload conference data with a CSV template, which saved so much time. I also felt it was easy to navigate, customizable enough to feel branded, and highly responsive for our needs.

Cons

I wish there were a better way to give speakers access to their speaker profile other than the "claim this page" function it currently uses.

Reasons for choosing Yapp

Price was fantastic, better interface, easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Yapp

Hopin was not user-friendly, cumbersome, and expensive.

Phil

October 2022

Simple & effective mobile event management!

Yapp is an incredible little application which has enhances our ability to communication and organize internal events. We use it internally for conferences with up to 2,000 participants where the individual schedule of events for each participant are published as part of their profile. As changes occur due to cancellations, or on the ground logistical challenges, these can be updated quickly keeping everyone organized.OUTSTANDING Support! As other reviewers have said, the support from Yapp is second to none. We push the limits but any time we have a question or concern, the quality and timing of the response has always exceeded our expectations.

Pros

•Simple enough for non-technical staff to setup•Ease of deployment•Users love the social elements•Ability to publish individual agendas (creativity required)

Cons

While there are always opportunities for improvement or enhanced functionality, it's hard to find fault with anything in Yapp.While not a 'con' it would be nice to have couple of additional features:•Ability to add pages in other languages and add a language tag to people. If any page existed in the alternative language, present it rather than the English page.•Ability to add raw HTML to the about field in the people upload. This would allow for better formatting of the content in the about section (this is how we publish each individual schedule)

Response from Yapp

Hi Phil, thanks for sharing your creative and ambitious use of Yapp as well as your ideas for improving the product. I hope we can offer you a more robust approach to individual agendas in the future.

Widhi

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Preparation, during and post events on September 2022

Satisfied and will recommend to all colleagues from others company to used this apps

Pros

- Simple - Compatibility - Easy to use - Fully customized the features

Cons

Yes, Check-In attendees for each session of the events and connected with the Agenda

Reasons for choosing Yapp

We already have the license, features are familiar by all employee and already installed on all employee gadget for longtime

Response from Yapp

Thanks for the review and for being a long-time customer, Widhi! We'll keep your session check-in needs in mind and hope to address that in a future update.

Industry: Building Materials

Yapp serves our need

Has met our needs and more. I have had no problem getting sponsors for this high quality product

Pros

Ease of use. Completeness of offerings in one place

Cons

We have had very few issues with the Yapp App. We need to be sure it is well know. So I suggest more promotions

Reasons for choosing Yapp

Price features ease of use

Response from Yapp

Hi Mark, I'm glad you have had a smooth and positive experience. Thank you for helping is spread the word about Yapp through this review!

Nicholaus

YAPP will make rocket your conference from "awesome" to "stellar!"

Great customer support! Customer support is great. If the builder of the app does their part, you will end up with a fantastic product. Your apps can feature -discussion boards -picture walls (perfect for Selfie stations) -Twitter feed monitoring -Conference/event scheduling -A place to house your documents and maps (awesome for conference portability) -A customization engine that cements the professionalism of your organization

Pros

YAPP features an easy and intuitive user interface for creating a professional-looking mobile app which has TONS of functionality. I have been using the service for years, and have built multiple conference apps with it, all for public education, curriculum, instruction and leadership. If you look around at conferences, just about everyone will have their faces buried in their phones, tablets or laptops. You might as well capture their "digital attention" with your content. I love the YAPP message boards, picture walls, Twitter feeds, and, as an event organizer, the ability to set up session information and schedules. If your users log into the system, they can also build customized itineraries of breakout sessions to attend as well as their locations, streamlining end-user access to your conference sessions. On the back end, the customer service with YAPP is amazing. they have always had my back if I need their help. Sure, the platform subscription is expensive up front, but that plan will service most organizations that don't have the resources to custom-sourced their own mobile app from the ground up. Further, you can build UNLIMITED apps with an unlimited user pool.

Cons

Entering the conference session data can be tedious, and there is really no way around this. However, if you use a spreadsheet to build your initial conference schedule layout, session description, location, and other pertinent data-- you can then use that spreadsheet to import your sessions with direct mapping. This saves you a big step when it comes to conference design, but it only works if you begin with the end product in mind and make that spreadsheet from the origins of the conference planning stages.

Mitch

Industry: Wireless

August 2022

Yapp is a "must have" for anyone planning an event. It's a no brainer!!!

First of all the Yapp customer service is 2nd to none.....period. Between the online tutorials and the live chat, the experience has been phenomenal. Any time I've sent a request to get a question answered, I've either gotten an immediate response or less than 30 minutes. I run a buying group and have 10 member companies. Yapp has been so well received that I believe 5 of them started using Yapp after our first experience in 2019. I can't emphasize enough what a fantastic product this is and simple to use for any skill level!

Pros

I am not the most tech savvy person being a Boomer who didn't grow up with a computer. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to navigate my way through creating my first app in 2019. It is very intuitive. For the past 4 years and creating multiple apps, there has been nothing that I wanted to create in an app, that I haven't been able to figure out. I love this product!

Cons

There really isn't a "like least" feature of this app. My only suggestion to make it just a little easier in some instances, would be to be able to clone a page within the app or to copy and paste a page from a previous app into a new app. My apps are very similar for each event so I start by cloning the previous app, which is very helpful. Cloning a page or cut and paste a page from previous apps would make it that much easier.

Reasons for choosing Yapp

Other options were far too expensive. Initially I thought it would be more cumbersome for users to download Yapp and then have to go there every time to open my app. I could not have been more wrong. No one complained and it was very seamless for everyone.

Response from Yapp

Thanks, Mitch. We're glad to hear about your positive experience with Yapp and will keep in mind the excellent idea about cloning pages!

Conference App is the bomb

After 3 years we love the App for our conference

Pros

The schedule is terrific. Exhibitors profiles and info is good. Having speaker handouts on the schedule is a real plus!

Cons

1. can't attach digital promotional advertisements to exhibitors easily 2. Schedule overview doesn't have speaker's name on it....only location 3. Hard to add a READABLE MAP (exhibit hall and classrooms) 4. Most Sponsors are Exhibitors....can't pull Exhibitor Info into Sponsors. Have to enter same info twice

cost and ease of use

Response from Yapp

Excellent feedback, Michael. We will work your suggestions into our product roadmap -- glad you are getting good value in the meantime!

Craig

Conference App

This app has given us another way for our members to get information and share experiences before, during and after our conference. It has become a very valuable tool and we are very happy as a customer.

Pros

This app is extremely easy to set up and manage. We were looking for a solution to offer our conference attendees that was simple to install and navigate. We use this app as a complement to our full printed program and it allows users to have the entire agenda at their fingertips and in their pockets. We use this app once a year during our annual conference. Our members love having it and the number of installs increases every year. We no longer have to print presentations as they are all accessible under each workshop session menu item. This is extremely valuable as many times there are last minute changes to not only presentations but other documents we provide as well. This app is perfect for our event and our members. We love it!

Cons

It's very hard to come up with a list of things I like "least" as this pretty much meets our current needs.

Response from Yapp

We're delighted to hear that Yapp has played such a useful role in your annual conference!

Zach

An Excellent Choice

Pros

Easy to add information and customize to our needs. Easy to distribute to attendees. Cost is very competitive.

Cons

Some other conference apps seem to have more features (but also cost a fair amount more).

Reasons for choosing Yapp

While both looked very nice, they were more expensive. For the features we needed, it wasn't worth transitioning to these options.

Diane

Create fun and easy to use plan

We enjoy the ease of use and having our own app we feel sets us apart from those who are still handing out paperwork. Plus it is better for the environment!

Pros

We have used the app for meetings/conventions to have all information readily available. It is easy to get a change out to all users, and we even used it for a fun scavenger hunt!

Cons

It can be slow to load at times, and some experience crashing issues, but it has not been an across the board issue.

Response from Yapp

Hi Diane, Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback with us. We are always looking to improve our product and provide a great customer experience so we greatly appreciate your thoughts. We will continue to work through the load times and crashing issues and welcome any future feedback that you have. Genuinely, Esther ------ Esther Lopez Head of Growth & Customer Operations www.yapp.us

Replied July 2020

Debbie

Highly Recommend YAPP for conference Management

Very positive experience, convenient, allows good interaction with over 200 participants

Pros

We have used your application for the past three years with much success. Your application allows us to structure the work of our Conferences, which are attended by over 200 people from across the FSU. It allows us to interact with the participants through the schedule, sharing experiences and photos from the events. Thank you so much for such a high-quality and professional development, and convenient tool for our work

Cons

There is nothing at this point, except that perhaps we do not need the application for the entire year and we wish there was a cheaper per- conference option

LynAnn