All Cvent Event Management Reviews

Event planning made simple

JulieMichelle

Hospitality, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2023

Costs are offset by benefits

PROS

Reporting is an excellent feature that allows real-time reporting on almost anything you can think of (there are tons of standard reports built into the system, but you can also create custom reports). Being able to provide stakeholders with a link to run reports on-demand saves a lot of time on the planner's end. The event website is easy to edit and keeps attendees up-to-date with information (thereby cutting down on calls and emails with questions). Emails can be set up to be sent out automatically upon certain parameters being met.

CONS

Cost is a bit higher than other event management platforms, but tends to have very few glitches (if any) and provides excellent management of events from a couple of people to thousands. I have worked with other platforms that could not handle large groups without crashing, so the consistency in performance is a comfort. Oftentimes, you'll find the cost of the platform is offset by time savings.

Nicole

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2023

All-Encompassing Platform

Its the best tool we've found that can meet our needs and has the least amount of issues

PROS

That is holds all features and functionality that we would require to request, build a reg site, and plan an event within one platform.

CONS

I think that the reporting could be more robust!

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

They were not as all encompassing, and i think they were a smaller company so they didnt have as good of a support team / online help desk.

Mercy

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

The best of all times tool for registration every 24.7

PROS

I do like how the customizable features are The customer service is legit The platform is easy to use Their web registration is a 100% the best

CONS

Nothing really is wrong with cvent it is genuinely the best

Layton

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Big, robust, and clunky

I have a love/hate relationship with Cvent. I've used several other event management tools, and can say that Cvent is the most complete of any I've tried. It is a purpose built software that serves its purpose well. However, it can be difficult to use.

PROS

There are some really nice tracking features. Unlike many other event management tools, Cvent seems to be more contact based vs. event based. This means that you can track the same people more easily through a series of events, email, and participation history. It is very robust. If you know what you are doing, you can set up an event registration with any combination of options (sessions, various attendee types and registration paths within the same event).

CONS

If you need a simple but stylish event registration, Cvent is not for you (but the price probably already told you that). They obviously recognize that the Standard registration is way to complex for the casual user and the end user interface (the person registering) looks like it was built a decade ago. To address this, Cvent has rolled out "Express" and "Flex" registration to try to simplify the process. In my opinion, these products are awful. They have tried to dumb down the software and make everything drag and drop that it is very difficult to use effectively. There is very little ability to customize the look and feel of event webpages, forms, and emails in this new system.

Hello Layton, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent. We're sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with Flex and have shared your feedback with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance.

Replied April 2019

Mary Ann

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Cvent Event Management - Mary Ann Hall

Once I read and understand the program, its easy with tutorials and articles in the help section to figure out what I want to do step by step. If those do not work there is an excellent customer service to assist.

PROS

The ease of use, the valuable data that it compiles, and the ease for the attendees.

CONS

I dont think there isnt anything I do not like about the Event Management.

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

Ease of use, the data the program can provide, and the flexability of advancing events in the program.

Manmadharaj

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees

Cvent cares you event!!!

PROS

Web registration, payment set up, reporting, attendee hub

CONS

I don't think I have anything specific to event management. It works the way we expect.

Katherine

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Registration has never been so easy!

PROS

I enjoy how user friendly Cvent event management is. Creating the mobile app, uploading attendees and sending emails are important for our job, and having it all in one place is convenient!

CONS

At this time, there are not any major cons I have with Cvent. Sometimes the website can act up a bit when adding attendees, however, that happens with all websites and customer support is helpful.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

I am unsure what we were using since I started the company transitioning to Cvent, but I am told this is a breeze compared to what we had before.

Cindy

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

What's not to like about Cvent?

Overall, I would always choose Cvent, as it is the best program for event sourcing that I know of on the market!

PROS

Cvent is easy to navigate! I have used Cvent at all of the hotel brands that I have worked for, in the many years that I have been in Hospitality sales. This is the most user friendly, easy to understand program on the market!

CONS

I would have to say that the only thing that I would improve would be the client decision information for all RFPs. The decisions are not always communicated to the venues that bid on the piece of business.

Jetender

Computer & Network Security, 10,000+ employees

Easy Event Management

One of best Event management tool in the market.

PROS

Great features for Event management . 1. Registration 2. Attendee management 3. Onsite solutions 4. SMM tool for Event Management 5. Reporting 6. Registration Templates

CONS

None that I am aware off so far. It works as expected.

Elana

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Feedback

One a vert long way in last 4 years. Slow to pivot during pandemic but seems now back on track

PROS

Freedom to create templates that are unique to our business

CONS

Payments especially vat splits and refunds

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

We stayed as so much work and training had been done

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

As other biz unit was on it and we needed to align both business and integrate into salesforce

Brooke

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

Good end to end app for event management

PROS

Everything is all in one place and makes it easy for admins to set up, modify, and highlight components of the event. It's easy to incorporate push notifications and adjust last minute details within the app. Our clients really like the app and say it's easy to use.

CONS

There was nothing really bad about the Cvent app.

Michele

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2021

My Right Hand

There is someone always available to help. There is a 24/7 support team. All my requests are tracked, attended to, followed up with. They are very attentive, helpful, knowledgable, and extremely polilte.

PROS

DMA’s issues before Cvent were: not knowing where to search for venues, taking so much time to gather and distribute information, no ability to break out registration types or have sessions, no way to link to our CRM. Everything was manually created and manually managed which was very analog, time consuming and disorganized. This became an increasing problem as we went from 10 events a year to 40 with only one person managing everything. Now with Cvent we can handle all of our event needs within one platform. From the start of the event request from our stakeholders using the event request form, venue sourcing, event website, event emails, event attendance check-in/tracking, virtual platform integration, evaluations and CRM integration. It now has an access portal so non-user stakeholders can access important event information.

CONS

This software is not cheap. However, cheap things are not good and good things are not cheap. Cvent is always trying to enhance the platform. Unfortunately, some enhancements take time to build.

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

We felt that this software platform would meet all of our event/webinar/roundtable/meeting needs, which it does.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

We needed a more robust software platform and one that would integrate with our CRM.

Soo

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Amazing all in one program

PROS

i love the ability to manage all aspects of the event through one cloud based software

CONS

lag times or when there is a system issue but its not often

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

price and options were not the same as what we wanted

Denise

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Cvent Event Management is an easy and effective management tool

I enjoy building our programs on Cvent, there was a learning curve as with all systems, but with Cvent's wide range of help desk options we know we always have resources at our fingertips to help us along the way.

PROS

We use Cvent event management daily for multiple clients in a various array of fields. Cvent allows us to customize our registration sites so we can relay meeting specific information to our attendees. We build simple to very complex sites, mobile apps, in-person, virtual and hybrid events. Having one platform that allows us to build all of these options based on our clients needs is amazing, easy, and time saving. We can easily provide reporting, planner alerts, session content and so much more.

CONS

I'm still getting used to the new mobile app layout and features. I used to build the mobile apps on the old Cvent platform and there are a few features I miss having access to such as groups, which made assigning last minute breakouts for attendees a bit easier.

Thanks for your feedback Denise! Just to let you know, Audience Segmentation (Groups) in Attendee Hub allows you to configure page visibility and push notifications. We are happy to report that it will include sessions very soon and should give you the capabilities you have described. It should be available in the next month.

Replied November 2023

Reviewed July 2021

Cvent in a K-12 World

Our school can now offer transparency when accepting money for events. We have improved our communication with our participants. We have streamlined our check-in procedures for our events. Our parents love the event emails that we send out. Our administration loves the data we are able to collect.

PROS

The Cvent platform saved graduation! Our K-12 school operates in an ever-evolving atmosphere, and Cvent allowed us to pivot on a dime during the pandemic. We were able to grant a better than expected graduation experience to the Class of 2020 through the help of Cvent and Crowd Compass. We have upped our game in communicating with our participants registering several devices. We are kicking off the new school year with season ticket passes for sale through Cvent. We just finished up an elementary summer camp that consisted of over 113 different camp sessions. Our event manager was able to keep track of 5 additional weeks of camps with over 113 sessions and 325 registrants. She loved the flexibility of OnArrival because she was able to register walk-ups on site.

CONS

We are stretching the platform further than the platform can perform. We have minor children without email addresses, and that tends to confuse the parents who are trying to register these children for our events.

Gladys

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2018

Be prepared for a 180 degree experience with Cvent's Event Management solution.

Cvent's event management software saves countless man hours and potential marketing costs.

PROS

Cvent's Event Management solution truly automates your meetings & events marketing, registration and check-in processes. Upload your attendees with from an Excel or CSV file. Create and send save the date, registration open, reminder emails and practically anything else you can think of to effectively market your meetings & events. Check your registration numbers at-a-glance. Run reports to see who registered, who didn't, and even who is possibly thinking about it with the abandoned registrations feature. My favorite tool is OnArrival (event check-in). Put those days behind you of paper tickets, attendee checklists, and long lines & chaos at the registration table. Upon arrival, your attendees check-in on an iPad, or you can scan them with a mobile device, and look cutting edge while doing it!!!

CONS

I would say that Cvent's Event Management platform, like any other tech platform, has a learning curve a moderate one. Setting up my first event was challenging even with training. To my surprise, setting up my second event was even more challenging. Partly because I challenged myself to create vs. copy (feature) my second event from scratch. Due to the platform's many, and I do mean many, features and functionality, I found it difficult to remember all the steps (menu navigation) to create an event. Undeterred, I contacted Cvent's Customer Support (really Customer Care as they go the mile for you) to help me create my second event. For the second time around, I worked smarter and documented all the steps. I can honestly say, it's been smooth sailing ever since! If I run into a snag or have a question, I contact Customer Support or look to my Cvent Community for help. There are many meetings & events solutions out there, but it's hard to beat one of the first and best to market! Stop searching and give Cvent a try.

Autumn

Higher Education, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Do NOT fall for the salesman reroutine

We have had a horrible experience with Cvent. Our industry is in crisis mode due to the pandemic and they will not work us at all. We came up with completly reasonable solution that anyone would agree works for both companies, but their solution is only if you sign for a longer term. Why would we sign on for a longer term when the software is not up to par? It's all about them making their money and making sure they stay in business. They are a not a team or a partnership. It's all about their bottom line and they don't care about their clients that they destroy in their path to make that $. Buyer beware. I think they are scrubbing the negative reviews to keep a high number of stars to dupe potential clients.

PROS

After many work arounds you can make this software work. Does it do everything they promise and seamless like they promised, no. We didn't pay tons of money (triple our other vendor offering the same thing) to have to do workarounds and have to still purchase additional better software to get the job done. So much for being the "leader in the industry".

CONS

There are too many things to count. Simple things that you would think would be obvious are not options. This was supposed to be a partenrship not a battle. We have a LONG list of things they promised that they could not deliver. Promised features that are a year away from development, with no mention it's years away. Once you sign the dotted line the restrictions soon follow. Do NOT sign with them.

Danial