All Sched Reviews

Heather

Fine Art, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Sched is my best friend!

Communication is the main problem that Sched solves. It's an at-a-glance snapshot of an entire evening that easily drills down into specifics. It invites interaction, so that's another communication problem solved/helped. I couldn't be more thrilled to have Sched working on my event's behalf. Thank you!

PROS

What DON'T I love about this software? I love that it does whatever I want--I love that it's accessible and can be organized in so many different views, I love that it's embeddable on other sites, that the links to individual events are shareable, that it's COLOR CODED. I guess if I had to boil it down, I love that Sched creates a central place where my entire event can be housed, with all its moving pieces and participants, and that it's equally friendly to internal and external audiences.

CONS

I might be missing this, but it might be fun to be able to upload artwork for individual sessions. I've also had people ask for a maps function, so it might be cool to be able to see all my venues on a map or diagram, with addresses attached. I'm sure I haven't even begun to understand all that Sched is capable of. I just love that it works for me every year and that my users are getting more acquainted with it, so. . . thanks for staying consistent and continuously improving our experience!

Mohammed

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Sched shares the responsibilities and fun in event planning fairly among guests and organizers

My first experience with Sched was as a speaker on a conference event being organized by our foreign collaborators. As my first foreign speaking engagement, I was naturally extremely nervous, but Sched made collaborating with the organizers so easy and that I felt very much at ease and ended up delivering an exceptional session. After that experience, I recommended trying Sched for our own subsequent conference events.

PROS

Sched allows event invitees to build their own schedules within the frame of the general event. This facility empowers us as organizers to make the necessary adjustments to redirect resources to sessions where they will be most-needed. As speaker in Sched-facilitated events, I can also attest that the control it offers me over my profile to directly suggest changes and modifications to event structure makes the entire experience amazingly rewarding.

CONS

It can be a bit overwhelming for planning smaller events. Perhaps, there could be a basic version release which can be more suited for planning fun and less professional gatherings.

Reason for choosing Sched

There was no way any other product was going to top my first encounter and experience with Sched. Even though our Research Coordinator prefers Whova for events he leads, I stick with Sched for those I lead.

Lane

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Horrible Customer Service

It wasn't too difficult to get everything set up, but we needed a human to help us select the right package to purchase. It was way too difficult reaching someone and we were actually told that no one could assist us for at least another week because that department was going to a conference.

PROS

We liked that if needed, you could print out the schedule.

CONS

There is no customer support. The only way to reach someone for assistance is to find a spot on THEIR calendar for them to call you.

Reason for choosing Sched

We actually tried them first and it was such a bad experience that we switched over to Lineupr.

Hi Lane, I'm very sorry we were not available for a call right away when you reached out. As a fully remote company, we take one trip a year to do big-picture planning and foster connection. We will be working together to create a better system for handling inquiries during our future off-site team events.

Replied November 2019

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Excellent package and service

We used to publish our own website with conference info; it had the basic info, but it was hard to keep the pieces consistent. Now we link to the Sched site from our event page and attendees find everything there. Speakers can post their pix and handouts and complete/update their profiles and send e-mail blasts to all who signed up for their workshop. We got good reporting and from it (and Google Analytics) see a high engagement rate (not just page views; over half set up accounts and created a personal schedule). This is all from their lowest service level/tier; higher levels integrate more with registration/payment etc., but we already have an online store and used it for front-end registration.

PROS

One-stop shop for event management: attendees, speakers/handouts, exhibitors, rooms, messaging, feedback, social sharing.... Mobile-friendly site and app for participants to create/manage their schedules, submit feedback, share content, etc.. Smart import/export/update Responsive personal tech support Good pricing plans especially for nonprofits

CONS

We ran into a couple of small limitations (e.g. can't embed image in e-mail blast), but we found workarounds and Sched team is using our feedback to improve their platform.

Kristen

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Couldn't Do It Without Sched

We are a preK-12 school district that hosts a yearly EdCamp in which teachers sign up for workshops delivered by their peers. Sched is a huge time saver, in that it allows us to communicate directly with presenters and attendees, to control the schedule, to create room signage, to add venue maps, and to generally make the day run smoothly. It saves paper, as we don't have to print all those workshop overviews (which we were always doing at the last minute because we had to chase people down for them!), and helps us control the numbers of people attending workshops so they are not overbooked. I don't know how we would be able to do this at this scale without Sched!

PROS

This software takes so much of the redundancy out of event organizing. No need to copy and paste information into twenty different locations, or to type in email addresses multiple times. It is a huge time saver!

CONS

I would like to be able to add a bit more design to the room signage (but it is a hugely helpful feature). It would also be nice for workshop presenters who are also attendees to have their own workshops in their own schedules, without it looking like they are taking up a seat.

Marci

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Go to Conference Scheduling App

PROS

Sched works seamlessly on computers and as a smartphone app. As a conference attendee, I loved how events were coded into different categories, with different colors representing those categories. I also liked how you could create your daily schedule ahead of the conference, and receive email alerts about the events you were scheduled to go to. Sched also allows you to schedule multiple things at the same time, which is key at a busy conference where you have many events and sessions you would like to attend. This capability allows you to see the possible events you've already narrowed your choice down to, but does not restrict you to one.

CONS

I did not like how in order to select events to add to your calendar, you had to scroll through every session/event on every day. The app was not dynamic enough to restrict your options to only one category of events. Similarly, when the conference day was over, you could not easily go back and look at all of the sessions that occurred the day before. To do that, you had to go use the web version.

Ami

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Sched.org review

PROS

It's easy to import and export to Excel. Messages available to several types of attendees, and automatic emails with attendees' sessions.

CONS

Missing some automatic refreshing of screens.

Kelly

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Love this Event Scheduling software

The folks are great! So responsive when I need help, and have a great sense of humor. They keep things fun :D

PROS

I really like the ease of use, both for the admins when putting the schedule together, and the speakers and attendees in figuring out what's going on and where to go. The feature that sold it to us is that presenters can upload their presentations directly to their presentation description, so it's so easy for them to have everything they need at their fingertips.

CONS

I can't think of anything, honestly. It's a really great product.

Susan

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Sched’s intuitive design taught me how to conference-plan

We are building momentum for professional development by keeping Sched as the “look” of our event for the past three years.

PROS

Visually appealing and professional, easy to collaborate with facilitators and speakers to add their own session info, great feedback reports. Support is fast and super helpful. Appreciate the discounted rate for educational/non-profits.

CONS

Some people want a print program, but I feel great about supporting our organization’s sustainability initiative by using an electronic schedule. Easy to update as needed, too!

Reviewed April 2019

Sched is helpful in my everyday life

PROS

Sched is a very great program and intuitive of my needs. Highly recommend to the workplace!

CONS

I have nothing to complain about. It's a great program.

Eva

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Well worth the investment!

The sched team was extremely helpful, timely and consistent. If I had a problem someone was always on it within at least an hour. They make it easy to build out this app!

PROS

Sched is our "go-to" conference schedule for our annual conference. As the one who built out and managed the conference agenda, I found Sched very easy to use, update and edit as needed. Our conference attendees also appreciated the layout of the app and fetures it comes with. We decided to go with the "native" option of the app, which was definitely worth the price. The native sched app made it easy for us to customize the app to our branding needs. It also made it easier for our members to find in the app store. I really enjoy the ease of developing this sched app. Thankfully, sched provides you with formatted spreadsheets, to make loading your conference agenda much easier. They saved me a lot of time, (though, Idid have to go in and edit each individual session because we have multiple presenters for a concurrent session.) Sched's CMS for editing descriptions is pretty straightforward. I am also EXTREMELY grateful for the opportunity to upload .pdfs to each session. This came in very helpful this year. Favorite features of Sched: spreadsheets to make uploading and developing easier, the ability for attendees to rate sessions (giving us great follow up data!), ability to attach .pdfs, .jpgs, .docs, to each individual session, ease of assigning speakers to sessions, ability to add in exhibitors/sponsor information. You can't beat this price. If you are looking for a conference app that is easy on both the management end and the user end, I would suggest Sched!

CONS

The only bad thing I would ay about sched, is that it doesn't have as many fancy detures or plugins like other conference apps I have looked at. While there are some things I wish I could have added to our conference app, at the end of the day they weren't missed nor needed. It's also not the most robust app, so if you have multiple presentations in a concurrent session- it's not an ideal product for that.

Reason for choosing Sched

Pricing was our ultimate decision piece to go with you all, though simple clean design and an easy to use product helped in deciding.

1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Think of it as the streamlined Everbrite app for both attendees and organizers

Don't think of this web service/mobile app as a replacement for Everbrite. Think of it as a complimentary app that can quickly turn volunteers into productive teams and for users to avoid the bloatware of Everbrite as an option. Very impressed and thoroughly satisfied with Sched.

PROS

I recently started using Sched when volunteering at an international business conference. In addition to Everbrite, we were trained on using Sched for checking in attendees and managing custom schedules for workshops, seminars, etc. Though it has less features than say Everbrite, Sched feels much faster and streamlined (especially on my older mobile devices). Fast loading and transitions. The minimalistic UX/UI makes learning how to use the app simple for even non-tech-savvy users. I really liked the website integration. It was very smooth to get people to register or sign up for events then have those events make up a custom schedule for attendees in the mobile Sched app. With thousands of attendees and dozens of workshops a day, we never ran into any technical issues. And I like their cute logo as well :)

CONS

I didn't have any issues with using the app but the only hiccup was explaining the name to others who have never heard or used it. I think for non-native English users, the single syllable abbreviated name was confusing.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I'm so happy to hear Sched streamlined your event and love that we could "quickly turn volunteers into productive teams." This is exactly something we strive for every day. I've passed on your kind words to the whole team -- you made our week!

Replied October 2019

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

n/a

PROS

Simple and clear schedule display, relatively easy navigation.

CONS

I want to be able to filter the attendee list to determine who hasn't logged in or completed a schedule, and then send a specific message just to that group. I also want to be able to better control an Eventbrite integration so that only certain ticket types are imported.

Allissa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

Smooth & Simple for the Win

PROS

I have used many similar products in the past and have never found one so easy to learn and simple to implement. Updates were made real time with seamless integration to my website. The ability to build the schedule and Presenter bios in Sched and embed them on my web page saved hours of tedious web development time. I nearly cried when I learned I could embed different pieces on separate pages of my website. What a gift! To say I am delighted with my experience is an understatement. Thank you for making the event management experience such a breeze!

CONS

I do not have any cons. I was pleased with my experience and with the customer service I received.

lois

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Used Sched to Organize our Annual Conference

We needed to organize a virtual conference for advocates around BC on fairly short order. We found that Sched did all hat we wanted from a tool and was way cheaper than other options.

PROS

The set up and format of the agenda is great! I like having colors for different streams - it makes the agenda easy to use. Speakers and participants generally found it easy to use.

CONS

We are interested in looking at how to do follow up evaluations. We would like to be able to modify the basic sched questions to suit our needs. In webinars we were able to give participants a link for feedback. Will look into google options.

Reason for choosing Sched

Sched was easy to use and not expensive. We did not need more. Sched staff were very helpful. FYI - we never could agree how to say it. I know it's too late to change your spelling now but SKED would make it clearer. Maybe that's a Canadian thing.

Hi Lois, thank you for the review. We're so glad Sched was what you needed for your event! We do get questions about how to pronounce the company name all the time. It's become a bit of a joke at this point so we made a silly video: https://sched.com/say-it.

Replied December 2020

Reviewed October 2018

Sched offers great value plus great support

This makes it so much easier for our conference attendees to read descriptions and customize schedules. It is inexpensive and easy to use.

PROS

I think Sched's customer service is TERRIFIC. Every time I had a problem or question, they responded promptly and helpfully. When we first used Sched in 2017, we had lots of questions about integrating it with Eventbrite and displaying it in particular ways, and their support made it so easy. We returned in 2018 because we had such a good experience. Overall, Sched is very easy to use and customize.

CONS

Sched is still lacking some features that would be useful for academic conferences, but their customer support team has indicated that they are giving them some thought. Specifically, author order is alphabetical (except in the admin area and on Android phones), and multi-paper sessions aren't easy to group together. For this, we've tried two different hacks, neither that good. Nonetheless, these weren't deal breakers!

Sharon

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2019

Great way to manage your schedule for conferences

Overall this app was so easy to use and allowed me to get the most out of the conference and all the activities being offered over the four days I was there. We are now highly considering using this App for our adult programs during the summer. I think using this App will allow our participants to have access to information about all the great lectures and events we offer during their time at our camp.

PROS

I recently attended a work conference in Boulder Colorado and they used the Sched app for managing the conference schedule. Sched is really user-friendly. I loved being able to check the app to see what my next session was and find the location of my workshop. The review feature allows you to review a session once it is over. This is great as it helps get really in the moment feedback. There are so many great features on this App for example having a directory of all the attendee helps you to find people that you meet or remember names of contact you made. Once of the best features is the information is live and can be changed if a correction needs to be made. There was a venue changes for the first evening event of the conference and the organizers were quickly able to make that change a few hours before the event.

CONS

I wish you could include a map of the venue on the App. It does give you the location, however, their is no map to reference within the App. Luckily our venue was small and being able to move from one workshop to another was not a problem.

jasper