All Dropbox Business Reviews

Allen

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Dropbox Business Review: Get Rid Of Physical Drives.

Marianela

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Dropbox, an incredible platform to protect and store documents, to share them with coworkers.

I have used Dropbox in both Windows and MacOS environments and its behavior is extremely stable. A learning curve is not required for its use, since it is quite intuitive, and frees us from worrying about the protection and correct storage of our documents, to deal with the most important thing, which is precisely the operation of our company.

PROS

One of the features that I have loved the most is selective synchronization, since it allows me to keep the documents that I work with regularly updated, and not occupy additional local space on my device for those directories that have documents that I am not working on. So, when I spend periods of time on my laptop without connecting and I decide to access Dropbox, the synchronization will be fast and effective.

CONS

There are great features in Dropbox that we learn as we use it or investigate how it works; for example: a blue folder with a person symbol is a shared folder, maybe with some difference for mobile apps or desktop app. In the same way, we have excellent icons that let us know when a folder is shared with others or that it has been shared with me instead. In general, it is very intuitive and its usability can be described as excellent.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

It has many features that allow you to organize corporate documents in a more efficient way.

Enrique

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

It lacks some improvement, even so, I think Dropbox surpasses its competitors

To give a simple example. I recently implemented it in a company that depended on a server, with its access permissions to each folder based on windows permissions for each user. One less team to maintain in the company, it is not necessary to have a server on 24 hours a day, permission management is simplified, simultaneously you have everything with a backup in the cloud and also a catastrophe recovery system.The change has been almost transparent for the employees, who in an hour were already working at full capacity without appreciating changes in the way they work, and with the improvement of being able to work simultaneously on documents.

PROS

Let's start with the basics, it is a good backup system in the cloud, with version control and the ability to restore in case of any disaster.Let's continue with the fact that it is not linked to companies like Google or Microsoft, so it allows us to work with any type of document, integrating some complements in a very simple way.The management it makes of the use of documents that are only online (those that we rarely access) and those that we actually have on our computer for daily work is great, so for example, we can have 5TB in the cloud and that we only have 100GB on the computer, which allows us to use computers without much storage capacity or rely on external drives.And you can't miss being able to collaborate in the creation of documents, manage access permissions, share files or folders with third parties, transfer large files, be able to work from any device...

CONS

More permission control is missing, it leaves a lot of freedom of action to the team members and sometimes you have to act on the computer of each one of them so that everything is well managed.I would also need more folders, besides the basic system ones, to be able to be added to the backup when they cannot be located within the Dropbox folder.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

More storage at a lower cost, and being able to work with Microsoft 365 or Google documents or any other type of document.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

It was complicated for a normal user to be able to manage the services, it required a server on 24/7, a backup and disaster recovery service that exceeded the cost of Dropbox itself, server maintenance, expanding its storage capacity over time and We cannot forget that at the moment the energy cost is very high.

momen

Civil Engineering, 10,000+ employees

momen zidan

i think Dropbox the best cloud storage you can easily use it from you laptop and your smart phone .

PROS

sharing files with large size easily between team work.

CONS

cloud storage plans is not enough to large data.

Reviewed September 2022

File sync issues on Mac OS

We've gone from Google, to Box, to Dropbox (we're now back to google drive) looking for a file sharing solution for our agency. We have thousands of files accessed by designers and developers across various workplace locations. Unfortunately, we've had to leave this platform because file structures weren't updating properly. Some users wouldn't see some files. Didn't seem to be a permissions issue and customer service wasn't able to help. In fairness, it's not just this platform. Everything we've tried seems to have some degree of issues with sync. Google has been the best for us because the only issue there has to do with path names for linked files. So when another user picks up a file (e.g.: InDesign), they need to re-link all the images. Dorpbox did solve this problem, but having folders not refresh properly is a worse issue, so we're back to Google.

PROS

Very fast connectivity. Robust security. Good permissions management. Speeds were sufficient to work directly in cloud files without issue. Cloud files were integrated directly into the native OS file browsing.

CONS

File sync issues across our organization.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

We selected this to solve the broken file linking problem when different users pick up adobe files with linked assets.

File sync issues.

Patrick

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Dropbox For All Type of Business.

It's a robust solution for businesses looking to streamline collaboration, enhance productivity, and securely manage their data in the cloud.

PROS

Offers powerful collaboration features, including file sharing, commenting, and real-time editing, which are essential for teams working on projects together.

CONS

Its a cloud-based service,internet connection is necessary for users to access and sync their files, which could be a limitation in areas with poor connectivity.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Integrations with other systems and supports functionality across all systems.

Reviewed March 2024

Dropbox business medium bussines

I had really had a good experience as a personal user but in the company when I implemented it the cost was very high so I had to reduce the users who really had access and who needed their information at hand.

PROS

I liked that we could store information from a computer and transfer it to a mobile phone without having to send emails and have the information from any computer linked to the user.

CONS

the cost of this platform per user was very expensive and if the user really used it for storage it could be profitable but if not it was too expensive to be an information channel.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

I had a good experience in the past as a personal user and wanted to implement it in the company.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

this product has other add-ons such as chat access and permissions are more limited.

Jodi

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Dropbox is essential to our business

Very satisfied with Dropbox. Couldn't do our business without it. We need to file share.

PROS

The ease and simplistic nature of the software

CONS

None, very satisfied with the overall product

Christian

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Innovative Solutions for Modern Teams

PROS

We had to finish a project proposal fast. With Dropbox Business, we shared drafts, gave feedback, and finished the document quickly. It saved us time and avoided confusion with emails or different versions of files.

CONS

The pricing structure, which can be a bit on the higher side compared to some other options.

Kate

Retail, 11-50 employees

Dropbox Business

PROS

I love the ease of uploading and downloading items from many different people with little to no overlap.

CONS

It does take a while for the desktop local files to sync with the app and website.

Reviewed August 2023

Increases the productivity and it's easy to use with family/team

Really good for the price of the plans, most of the people who don't need much storage can fit on the free plan and for those who uses it for work, the plans prices are quite reasonable

PROS

It's so easy to use and understand how it works, they have a limited but good free plan and have a good features that are really good such as sharing a folder with specific people only.

CONS

The free plan has limited storage, and premium plans can be a bit expensive depending in what you are using it for, also sometimes it has some sync problems.

Vandana

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

Reliable and Secure

PROS

It's the most recognisable global brands in file sharing and data storage.

CONS

Its security feature is so strong that sometimes it's a hassel to get past it if one has forgotten the password(Lol)

Lauren

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Power To The Drop

I have been with Dropbox for over 3 years and will continue to use the software. I believe it's crucial to carry heavy files in a web page without crashing. Something that you don't realize is extremely important to a storage software.

PROS

Where can I begin, except for the fact that Dropbox has a powerful engine? From my experience, I am impressed by the energy this software has. I work in media production, so capacity and performance are primary factors in how we store content. Dropbox sees to it that our heaviest files are taken care of. I often transfer computer animations as well, which requires a lofty amount of memory to carry certain files. With that, this software is able to store and load the pages that contain each modeled/rigged subject with ease.

CONS

I would only suggest that the import/export functions were at more of an ease in terms of loading. They often require additional steps to just get a file through. Anything as simple as import to browse would fulfill my only concern.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Egnyte is a bit too bulky of a workspace and requires a lot of unnecessary steps to make an import/export happen.

Joseph

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

The tool for all of us

My overall experience is one that I would continue to use this application and recommend it. It's simple seamless and cost-effective

PROS

I've used this application for over five years and found that it's easy to use, and the company has improved it; keep it expensive, and allows the user to use it still easily.

CONS

Not many cons with this application, the new login would probably be the only thing that I've encountered that really didn't work well for me.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

It's cost-effective, simple to use, and not limited to a specific application or platform.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Box allowed you to work with outside organizations and individuals without having the limitations of Google.

Alicia

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Best for High-Res Work

User-friendly and easy to manage files

PROS

The pricing plans are reasonable and it allows me to keep high-res (large docs) organized for three major companies with an endless amount of brand assets. It is accessible anywhere with internet - allowing me to work from office, at home, or on-the go (plane, out-of-country-etc.).

CONS

I have not come across any cons to their software as of yet. I have been using it for 2+ years without ever having to contact support or come across any glitches. I would not mind a promo code or discount on a pricing plan though lol.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Features, integration possibilities, and capacity

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

Because a major upgrade in features and integrations.

Imi

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Drobox for Business with e-sign is a great workflow for the digital era.

A leader and continues to be. With new features it is a tool that small or medium size agencies can invest into for digital transformation.

PROS

This is a great package for those we can afford such. The additional add in for e-sign has made the dropbox stand out from day 1. It is simple to install and most time (90%) it does it thing and sync the file to the cloud. The ability to view file without having some pre-installed software is a great feature as compared to other tools that forces the users to have installed application to open or view files. We can have conversations about file, to put ideas into context, as compared to a track change, which is also fully available. As IT I now believe for the same fee the whole PC desktop and related files can be backedup with little hassle or intervention. My users loves the idea of taking a photo on a word mobile device and having this photo in their desktop without having to email or find alternative transfer means.

CONS

It is costing a bit for these services. Collaboration is challenging in low bandwidth environments. Two users will often complain that they are seeing two version of the document. Which is understandably annoying..

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox was already out there and doing great as a leader in the cloud storage and collaboration space. It added collaboration feature with some very nice to haves, such as document preview and chatting. Simple to share and easy to learn.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

The OneDrive product was clumsy and slow. Then it became a high costing package fee named Office365. IT did not include e-signature which has additional costing for third party plug in.

Faisal Faruque

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

The Best Tool For Content Collaboration!

I was a Dropbox Personal plan user for a long time. When I started my own company I immediately needed a file sharing and collaboration tool to use internally. Without any second thought, I chose Dropbox Business and I don't regret that decision. This meets all my needs and the most important thing is that Dropbox Business is quite inexpensive compared to other tools. Besides, the native software lets me manage my files from any device. Due to all of these reasons I always recommend Dropbox Business to other people.

PROS

I consider this as the ultimate productivity tool and this is a must-have for any company out there. The thing I most love about this tool is its flexible storage plans. I can upgrade and downgrade my plans according to my need and believe me, it saves a lot of money which is very important for a startup. Also, the version history feature is a lifesaver for collaborative projects. Dropbox Business does really well in terms of organizing files and tagging them automatically. It saves additional time required to organize those files and overall increases productivity.

CONS

There's nothing that I dislike about Dropbox Business for now. But I want to mention some points where the developers can bring some improvements. The commenting and notes feature should be more intuitive as well as user-friendly.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

I was thinking about Google Drive's premium feature for a while before opting for Dropbox Business. Although Google offers similar features in terms of file sharing and management, the collaboration feature is not that good in Google Drive. Hence I chose Dropbox Business and it's helping me a lot.

Tim

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Our center of truth

We really love using Dropbox. It's rolled out for our whole team and it has helped us get stuff done.

PROS

I can't really pick between the fast sync and admin tools. Those were two of the features that made us select Dropbox for Business as our cloud drive.

CONS

Frankly, I hope they had a version with less features that didn't need all the collaboration tools, just the sharing and sync. We do have team members who don't really need those, and it's too expensive for those who only use it to store files.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

The admin settings for Dropbox was easier. And I recall that during the time we were choosing (2019), Box had a limiting feature for changing the drive, pausing sync, and using selective sync. Those were important features we needed to have control over.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Business

We used Google Drive before because we wanted to maximize using Google Workplace. It then began rolling our shortcuts which became quite confusing for us. We had a bit of problem with the sync speed too, and then it became a bit confusing when files had conflicting versions.

Gourav

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Review Dropbox Business

Dropbox upholds Adobe Sign for marking advanced reports, yet you can do as such with next to no outsider combinations. HelloSign is Dropbox's answer for online endorsements, and it's accessible straightforwardly in the web interface. Just select a document, pick the mark fields and sign. Since HelloSign works inside Dropbox, your mark is naturally saved and synchronized.With HelloSign, it's not difficult to store and share documents that need a mark. You might in fact add various endorsers to a similar record. However, hellosign is certainly not a full component in Dropbox Business. With Dropbox Business, you can perform up to three marks every month. It's $15 each month for limitless access.

PROS

When clients save a record straightforwardly to the cloud, they generally inquire as to whether 'I unintentionally lose or erase it'? The second a report is saved to Dropbox, it's supported. This not just gives inner serenity, it additionally saves potential equipment space. This is on the grounds that clients won't have to uphold the document on their own hard drive.With regards to recuperating a record, clients believe that a basic cycle should recover their information. Have confidence, Dropbox makes the method extremely simple. It requires definitely no specialized expertise or live help. All clients can reestablish the documents all alone with practically no assistance. This decreases IT inclusion for organizations also.

CONS

For an organization, the greatest Dropbox concern is connected with the famous hackings of Dropbox. The kind of things organizations store on the cloud are typically the most probable thing focused on and took advantage of. Additionally, few out of every odd client at an association will do whatever it takes to safeguard their Dropbox account appropriately. Be it frail passwords or misusing of document stockpiling, everything necessary is one colleague to blunder for significant information to be uncovered.

Reason for choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business has the following pricing plans:Pricing model: Free, SubscriptionFree Trial: Available

Pamela