Browse ConvertCalculator Reviews

Tom from DeskLodge

Simple and powerful

Letting the team very quickly show a prospect their options and costs The price list is relatively simple - but interpreting it is very hard manually I created a powerful calculator in three hours one evening which did it beautifully! I spent longer trying to find the right platform to use! I've not yet used the lead capture / hubspot integration

Pros

Managed to very quickly, easily create a pricing calculator in 3 hours that I expected to take several days / need custom code. Super simple to use - AND all "Excel" functions available as well. Ability to hide sections in clever ways proved very helpful: - Hiding the results until the last question was answered - but still having it one page so you can change your answers to see the results live - Hiding options which are not suitable for the use case (A huge problem for us - customers trying to pay for a cheaper solution which does not cover what they want to do!)

Cons

UX still improving - but found it very quick / easy to use

Reasons for Choosing ConvertCalculator

Proposify did much more - but couldn't actually do the pricing bit we needed. Outgrow seemed super powerful - but again, couldn't actually do what we needed. (I created test accounts with both before abandoning) grid.is looked great IF I was trying to fit a front-end to an existing excel I looked at a few others but didn't evaluate enough to name here

Mandy from Gravity Software

Website Calculator Made Easy!

Overall the process was very simple. I needed a quoting calculator for our website and I am not an html person so to have the ability to create what I needed and easily copy and paste the code into my web page, was amazing! This is definitely a tool that any marketer could use if you need quoting or calculations on your site. I created a fairly complex calculator in about one hour, compared to the time it would have taken me to contact my web developer and have him create it manually with code. I am so happy I found this solution.

Pros

What I liked best about this software is the amount of flexibility I had in creating a calculator. Even on the free plan, I felt like I still had all the functionality I would need. It was simple to create exactly what I needed and if I had trouble their concierge service was available to help out!

Cons

The thing I liked least was creating the formulas to get my quote to calculate how we needed it. But that is not the software's issue, it's just me not liking formulas or math. It would be helpful though to have some sample formulas to choose from. But their concierge team is able to help with this and even create the calculator for you if you want to send them a spreadsheet of what you need.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertCalculator

Because of the user interface, it was much simpler in my opinion.

Kevin from XKVE

Industry: Computer Games

If users need to calculate before making a purchase, convert calculator is for you.

It's an innovative tool that automatically make your site better.

Pros

It's a very nice integrated calculator for a website. It let users do calculations within the sheet without going elsewhere.

Cons

The limits on the lower subscription tiers.

Raven from Nomad Shelter Inc.

Best custom calculator generator I've found!

Great! This calculator is a cornerstone of our website and sales generation and has worked very well for our needs. Highly recommended.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use, with a great selection of elements that can cover just about all your bases. Never crashes, embeds easily into your site and updates your changes in real time. Overall a very useful app!

Cons

It would be great if you could edit some of the formatting for mobile devices (size of images and some elements can change in an undesired way). Being able to embed images in tooltips would also be great! Of course, there does seem to be functionality for custom code. As a noncoder, this app has intuitive and easy functionality for 90% of the features I would want.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertCalculator

Customer support was awful, with many billing glitches that would cause our calculator to go offline, which was unacceptable for our needs. ConvertCalculator has been stellar in these regards.

Response from ConvertCalculator

Replied July 2021

Hi Raven, thanks for your kind words, and happy to welcome you as a customer! We agree that we can improve on mobile formatting, so expect to see improvements there! On your second comment, it is already possible to add images to your tooltips using markdown.

Kate from Right Touch Residential Cleaning

Any Website Should Have a Calculator

Convert Calculator was easy to use to create a personalized quote form. Whether you need it to do some math in the background or use if/then statements, you should be able to design something that fits your needs.

Pros

Other companies charge hundreds of dollars a month to maintain a quote form on a website. This is a simple and relatively cheap alternatives for small businesses. Any company should have some aspect of their business that would make an engaging calculator on their website. Go build it yourself with Convert Calculator.

Cons

I did not run into any features that the software lacked.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertCalculator

ConvertCalculator costs much less for the same functions if you can put in the time to customize a calculator yourself.

Mike from Cambridge Building Surveyors

Fantastic tool and service - would not hesitate to recommend

First class from start to finish. This is probably the best product and customer experience we have ever had.

Pros

This software really stands out for its ability to generate a bespoke price onscreen in real time, without the user having to submit personal details to receive the quote. The software is pretty intuitive and easy to use, but if you want to do anything complex, or just get stuck, the customer support (and concierge service to build the calculator for you) was very reasonably priced and incredibly supportive. Highly recommended – we will be using it for all kinds of systems now we have found it.

Cons

The calculator is incredibly powerful and it can get a little bewildering once you get past a very simple calculator. However, the support team will build a calculator for you for a very reasonable price, and were incredibly supportive at every stage, and no question or request was too much trouble, so you always feel very well supported throughout.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertCalculator

We wanted customers to be able to receive an on-screen quote, in real-time, without having to submit personal details to us first. We did not find any other simple product to do that.

Response from ConvertCalculator

Replied November 2020

Thanks a lot for your review. We are very glad to see that you are so happy with our product. I totally get the bewildering part. We are working hard to improve the ease-of-use of our product; to reduce friction in setting up your calculator. Easier said than done though, lol. If you have any ideas on how to simplify the build process, please let us know!

kim from Corbwood & Associates

Amazing - This is drastically improved our business

So far, we have built 2 lead generation calculators which will become part of a funnel. We have also built 3 internal calculators to provide simple calculators for staff to provide leads & customers with reports about their property portfolio. It's made internal processes easier, streamlined, consistent & error-proof, whilst instilling confidence in our clients when we send them reports.

Pros

Using the interface was easy - the drag & drop & elements are very user friendly. Figuring out the formulas has taken some time, having almost zero experience using formulas, I've found the help section & customer service so helpful. I feel accomplished when I build another calculator & improve a process/experience for my colleagues/customers/potential leads. The integrations through zapier have worked well & adding calculators to our website has been relatively easy. I'm about to upgrade to the premium plan because this is working so well for us, I can really see the value in having a plan that allows logic & concierge.

Cons

I would like the option to have a live chat rather than a delayed email conversation. I would like more instructions on how to make certain formulas work so I can find the answers myself rather than needing to ask for help/wait.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertCalculator

I couldn't find any others that were comparable to the service you provided. I considered forms on Hubspot but that couldn't achieve the result I wanted.

Response from ConvertCalculator

Replied August 2021

Hi Kim, thanks for the review! Unfortunately, live chat is not feasible for us. But we do our best to respond to your emails as quick as possible. Differences in time zones do not help though Totally agree on your comments regarding the formulas. We have a lot of improvements planned, so users can figure out how to use certain formulas and get better feedback when receiving errors. So stay tuned!

ERIKA from MSC

Industry: Maritime

Great for everyday

Improved customer service, so we can make more quotes and close deals easily

Pros

Facilitated quotations on the company's website, so many customers joined our services

Cons

More template options, it could improve the interface

John from Honest Home Inspectors, LLC

Best Customer Service!

Very positive!

Pros

I use this software as a plugin for my website to provide price quotes. It's ability to quote somewhat complex pricing models accurately is impressive. Then if help is needed, customer service is proficient and helpful and its an overall great value!

Cons

It may be challenging for a non-coder to design complex calculators. Navigating the dashboard may not be intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertCalculator

None others could do what I needed. The function of this software is purely custom.

Response from ConvertCalculator

Replied August 2021

Hi John, thanks for the review and the kind words! We get that the app can sometimes feel a bit complex. No worries though, as you experienced, we are always there to help you reach your goals.

Justin from Goodhart Coffee

Industry: Restaurants

Unmatched calculation functionality

Pros

I tried 5-6 different calculator forms. Nothing came close to the intuitive formulas and calculation capability of ConvertCalculator.

Cons

No auto-advance feature on some questions. This would increase conversions. I get deeply frustrated by the fact that I cannot choose my text color and that there isn't more options to edit the look of my form.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertCalculator

They had a bad backend UI and I couldn't get the calculations I need.

Response from ConvertCalculator

Replied March 2021

Hi Justin, thanks for the review! We've just launched our update that allows you to change the design of your calculator in a user friendly way. And more style options are on the way. Also thank you for pointing out the auto advance. That is definitely a feature that has our attention.

Tyler from Satori Notebook Co.

Very happy with this product!

ConvertCalculator made it very easy for me, someone without coding skills, to build a powerful product configurator for my business.

Pros

Easy to use, tons of features, and excellent customer support.

Cons

I would have to be pedantic here. The only issue I noticed was quite a few typos in the interface - but that’s barely worth mentioning.

Louise from Evostyle

Industry: Furniture

Game Changer

The calculator has been able to do everything I need. It was easy to set up and begin working with right from the beginning, however I recommend the concierge service which saved me time and ensured that the calculator looked and worked exactly how I wanted it to. The support team have been excellent. I look forward to receiving more information about their constant improvements.

Pros

Incorporating calculators into an on-line website is a game changer for not only our company, but our potential customers as well. It has saved us lots of time in correspondence, and the ease of use is a useful tool for us to be able to offer in order to get more customers. All our customers love the tool, and the availability and ease of use has driven more business to our company. Integration into our Squarespace website was a breeze.

Cons

There were some small formatting issues that I came across when I first started developing my calculator, however the support team at ConvertCalculator easily fixed them.

Pira from Banking

Great for Marketing tools

Pros

It's a powerful tool for growth hackers to explore and design 'marketing tools'. We used it as the first prototype of something we wanted to implement in our product and future acquisition campaigns. when you understand how to use the formula feature you can build whatever you want and embed it on your landing page without effort.

Cons

Like all the new tools, you need to spend one or two days to fully understand its value. I would focus first on learning how to use the formula feature. It's the product's heart.

Response from ConvertCalculator

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your great review. We do our best to make the interface as intuitive as possible and to support you in building the calculation forms you need. And we have a full roadmap of further improvements, so stay tuned!

Belinda from Intuition Designs

Excellent platform

Fantastic service and a really robust platform.

Pros

The software is easy to use, has great functionality and is easy customize in any website look and feel. The customer service is super efficient, friendly and helpful. They even offered a special discount rate for the premium package which was refreshing. I researched a number of competitors before choosing this one and none of them measured up in terms of all the development functionality features I needed and that this platform offers.

Cons

Nothing to comment here. I am happy with this platform

Andres from Logistics and Supply chain

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great tool and easy setup

I’ve tried a ton of plugins already and only a few of them came close to what ConvertCalculator has done for me. After going through other softwares I decided to try out ConvertCalculator. Since I’ve used ConvertCalculator I’m able to offer my customers a friendly and easy quoting process.

Pros

Helps you grow my business No coding skills required Powerful integrations

Cons

None cons. Everything works good.

Adit from The Orbis Inc.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great tool backed by a greater customer service

Pros

-Easy of use - Clean design - Customization options - Smart logics - Top-notch support from the team

Cons

- we don't have enough exposure or anything negative to note about the experience. - Maybe future updates making graphical interface and navigation through the builder more streamlined

Response from ConvertCalculator

Replied January 2020

Hi Adit, Thanks a lot for this awesome review! I do get your remark on "graphical interface and navigation". If you have any suggestions on how to make our builder / editor easier to use, please let us know! We are eager for feedback!

Antonio from Vivir en Malta

Amazing funtionalities and good integrations

Pros

The functionalities are amazing, we can create any type of calculator. Is what exactly what we were looking for. Also, the integration with HubSpot and Stripe is very easy.

Cons

The load time still a bit slow but I can see they are trying to make faster.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertCalculator

For his functionalities, it gives you a lot of flexibility.

Response from ConvertCalculator

Replied April 2021

Hi Antonio, thanks so much for your review. Improving performance and load times has our continuous attention. So stay tuned for further improvements!

Lahin from Pintanna Plantations (Pvt) Ltd.

Overall it is really a valuable option for web designers

This option was a very quick and effective solution for us to introduce a digital proposal form for our investors.

Pros

The fact that it provides all the necessary option you need to create a complicated form.

Cons

There should be minor improvements such as the date option where it sort of hard to select the date from the given dropdown menu since you can freely type in the year.

Jared from Parkway Printshop

Amazing Service

Pros

Our company used the Concierge service to build a calculator for our website. The speed and responsiveness was incredible, and we highly recommend these guys if you want great service paired with expertise. Highly recommended.

Cons

Nothing not to love. Works with your site settings on Squarespace so it looks seamless on the site.

Betty from Kantoormiep

Amazing tool

ConvertCalculator helps me to sell more with a price quote calculator. It brings in a lot of value and it makes my job easier because I don't have to write price quotes anymore!

Pros

* It's very flexible * It's really powerful * Easy to use editor

Cons

* It took me a while to figure out how the formulas worked. When it clicked, it was easy though

Kim from Chi Wen Designs

Great Experience

Overall it was a fabulous experience. I was able to quickly get convert calculator incorporated with snipcart and then integrated with Webflow

Pros

I needed a price measurement calculator to incorporate with the Webflow platform. Convert calculator was the only calculator that incorporated with snipcart and then I integrated it with webflow. The best part about it is that I have limited experience with coding and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from conferred calculator helped me through it greatly! Our customer is very happy with the end result.

Cons

I think there could be a little bit more clarification on the site on how to use the custom JS application.

Reasons for Choosing ConvertCalculator

It was the only product that allowed me to incorporate with snipcart and easily and effectively integrate with Webflow.

Response from ConvertCalculator

Replied May 2021

Hi Kim, thanks you so much for your review and the kind words. We fully agree there is work to do on documenting our JS-application. Improving our overal help/documentation has our priority, so prepare to see some big improvements there!

Accurate convert calculator

Pros

Very easy to select what we want to convert into what and its very accurate which is the most important thing

Cons

None that I can thing of. Been very user friendly from day 1

Justin from Justin Aitken Photographer

Industry: Photography

Amazing, & great customer service

Overall, out of everything else that was available, I found ConvertCalculator to be the best and most suited to my needs!

Pros

Ease of use, good integration options. I searched long and hard for something that was suited to me and was glad when I found ConvertCalculator!

Cons

Option to use Paypal for customers would be great!

Katya from Hospitality

Great tool

Pros

I just started to use the tool and created several calculators - it's amazing how everything is easy to use. Integration with WordPress is super easy. Customization is great.

Cons

I can't choose the size of the embedded calculator on the website (sometimes the form looks too long).

Lauren from Norfolk and Suffolk Plant

Fantastically simple and easy to use- and looks good doing it!

Pros

-Variety of options available to customise the calculator to suit your purposes -Free option if you only need the one calculator! -Easy UI and intuitive app- guide and instructions are also readily available if you need it. -Simple to embed on any website

Cons

-If you're wanting more than one calculator then you may be put off by the price. I would personally be happier to pay a one off fee than a monthly subscription- but for my purposes the free version worked great!

Ryan from Legitfit Ltd.

Good opportunity for Lead Gen

So far so good... early days

Pros

Seems like a very good way to educate and engage with your audience. Also a great source of lead gen.

Cons

It's pretty expensive for what it is...

Katelyn from Wake Young Womens Leadership Academy

Good conversion calculator

Pros

Specializes in doing conversions, which is something thatother calculators do not have built in.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to find certain functions.

Januari from Idle Wilde Youth Refuge Inc

Awesome Software

Pros

I love how accurate the software is for any denomination!

Cons

I didn't like the fact that it cost money, at all!