• Pros

• "This product is very easy to use. All the modules we currently have we have had no difficulties with. "

• "Very easy to access and use. And many options that covers all our needs"

• "it is so user friendly both for the administrative and public user, easy to program. "

• Cons

• "There are some additional modules that i would like to utilize however they are to be purchased seperatly."

• "It can be difficult for tradespeople to use the software on a phone because of the limited screen sizes on most phones. We have adapted by providing iPads to staff."

• "Making changes to our "back us". Because we have used this system for so long; the initial set up does not always suit our needs but to go back and make changes seems difficult"

Browse eBASE Reviews

mark from waterloo region district school board

Well worth the investment

We use them for daily site logs, health and safety inspections and equipment maintenance with the work order system.

Pros

Ebase has been a great product to use and grow with our school Board, We have slowly added components on as required and increased our users from office staff to on site staff as well as custodial staff. Customer support has been exceptional with responses and questions and have been able to tailor to our needs. Very user friendly.

Cons

The only con was getting our 500 staff trained on this program as we switched from a completely different type of program for our work order system. Ebase helped with multiple training sessions as needed and willing to set up virtual sessions to be able involve all parties.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

Familiar with product already being used for other uses with in our board, fair pricing scheme and amazing customer service

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

better customer support and better user use and flexibility

Radu from St Georges School

User perspective and feed back as a manager of the team which use the product

Tracking manpower of custodians and maintenance team, daily functionality of the tasks scheduling. Its easy to use, easy to get around practically self explanatory.

Pros

The e-base software is easy to use, specifically on a day to day basis, recurring WO functions works well to maintain facilities, asset management is really useful on creating a budget and asses equipment cycle function and replacement. Recently we integrated more and more the system for functions and events and is the only system we use to book rooms and schedule setups of events.

Cons

Assigning a tag to the equipment and tracking inventory equipment, we think could be better linked to residual value of the assets value with accounting department.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

Service support, accessibility and easy to use.

Support and service

Chantal from Ottawa Catholic School Board

Community Use of Schools

Pros

Easy to use for myself and the public users for Community Use of Schools module.

Cons

Specific reports are hard to locate. It would be great if there was an option to enter in the specific information required and generate a report.

Jason from DPCDSB

Work Orders/Logs

Pros

To date I personally use the above listed modules and the Board plans on expanding. To date the software has been easy to use and customize to our specific needs. I would recommend the software for any size organization.

Cons

No Complaints so far. We launched during COVID and were still successful

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

User Friendly and becoming the industry standard in the Educational sector

Jamie from Avon Maitland District School Board

Best Facilities Management Software

I have had the opportunity to use other health and safety management software over my 25+ year career in the health and safety profession and eBase is by far the most customizable and user friendly software on the market. Changes to templates can be made easily in-house, without additional service fees or or long delays. Finally, the customer services team provides direct person-to-person assistance in a timely manner and have been a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend eBase.

Pros

I use eBase for our health and safety management system. The system has various module including logs, workplace inspections, work orders, document library and a forms module to create customizable forms, such as, hazard/incident reporting and investigation reports. The best part about eBase is that the modules are customizable to suit our needs, and we can make changes to the template on the go, with no need to submit a ticket and wait months for changes. The software allows us to schedule logs, inspections, etc. automatically, and has feature to remind end user of overdue items. Similarly, we customized our incident reporting system to alert the supervisor in real-time when an incident report is submitted. Each module also has a reports components that allow us to create customized reports for tracking, reporting and trends analysis, as well as the option to export to Microsoft Excel. We were easily able to integrate our HRIS system through Active Directory into eBase for employee and supervisor demographics for hazard/incident reporting.

Cons

As will all software, there are some features that do not work exactly how I want them to or I would like to have. That said, the eBase development team is very open to receive suggestions for continually improving the software, and some of the changes we have requested have been implemented.

Molly from The Comox Valley School District No. 71

Industry: Facilities Services

I'm all about that eBase, 'bout that eBase, no trouble!

The Client Services I've experience is unparalleled. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is so knowledgeable and patience. She often has a solution or plan of action so I never feel ignored. Cannot overstate how important this has been in our implementation process. It's great to see a company consistently looking for ways to improve.

Pros

It's very intuitive, easy to navigate, and visual. I appreciate the editability and that changes are real-time. I also want to give the "Switch To" function a shout-out because it's awesome for helping troubleshoot user problems.

Cons

- I feel like WO notifications need an overall reboot. - A better way of notifying parties when the text box under WO 'Actions' is filled out. It appears in 'History' only and therefore is easily missed. - No way to integrate our external absent management software in to eBase without adopting the timesheets module which would require inputting/upkeeping data in two places. - Would be great if there was an alert that could be issued when a provider has entered in more time than is available for in a predetermined work week -An hour limit per labour note that requires approval if gone past. - An 'Estimates' tool that can be used for a combination of internal and external service providers. - A way to assign multiple 'Internal Service Providers' under one work order without having to create multiple jobs. - Include a date stamp when a 'Job' is added. - Ability to 'Start New Discussion' and select which job - Linkage between WO Facilities and Rentals. - A way to customize the homepage for an entire 'Profile' group.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

Wasn't a part of the tendering process

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

Work Order System was outdated and wanted to have our rentals and work orders under one roof.

Kelly from Peel District School Board

Very User Friendly Software

I had used eBase at my previous School Board so when moving to a larger School Board it was a necessary change to bring the rentals department to more modern efficiencies when processing permits, running reports and keeping track of financials. It is extremely user friendly and gives me all the information I need at my fingertips. The permits, statements and invoicing is more user friendly from a client perspective. It is a positive experience for both the School Board staff and the clients.

Pros

The eBase software is user friendly to use and set up and makes processing permits a lot easier and quicker.

Cons

Sometimes the needs of a smaller school board or rentals department is not the needs of a larger school board with a larger rentals department so sometimes some customization is required.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

I had used eBase at my previous School Board so new what to expect and how the software operated.

Lynda from Greater Essex County District School BoardxNone

Industry: Facilities Services

My experience with the Ebase system

Ebase company is very helpful. They have been able to assist me quickly with any issues I may encounter and there have not been many. It is mostly from the accounting side and they do advise on what I am able to accomplish on my end. Very friendly company who listened to what your company needs and is able to address and produce what we are looking for. We have expanded use from our rental department to our maintenance and operations departments with positive results.

Pros

Easy to use. Able to help reduce time in processing permits, keeping renter information up to date, and producing reports. Also have received feedback from renters saying they like the ease in which they can request a booking.

Cons

When booking monthly I still cannot get the proper dates to come up for each month. EG. 2nd Tuesday of the month. I have to manually change for each month.

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

My supervisor searched Ebase information and saw that we could process permits and produce any reports needed with ease, which is something we could not do with Class

Carolee from Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board

Helpful Tips

Water flushing reporting - fully meets MOE expectations.

Pros

Modules are very easy to use for new users. The layers of Config are easy to understand. CSR provide excellent, timely service with very detailed explanations.

Cons

- I think biweekly log with work order schedule, doesn't have option to match, therefore creating a manual log is the only option - More filtering with logs module, would be helpful

Lou from BHNCDSB

Customization and integration

eBASE has provided for a collaborative working experience amongst a very diversified organizational audience where multi departmental access to important documents and refences can be made at a touch of a button.

Pros

The flexibility to customize for our specific organization insures that we can meet our own needs and specific organizational goals

Cons

Would like to see the development of a more defined holistic capital assessment and life cycle management tool

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

Very intuitive and flexible set up for our organization. Access to live customer service agents when you have a question or problem. Any matters are dealt with quickly and very thoroughly, Agents always take the extra time to explain and walk you through issues when needed.

Donna from Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board

HR Coordinator - Occupational Health and Safety

My personal experience with eBASE is a very positive one. The software allows me easy access to our facilities history on site inspections and work orders. The company support technicians are absolutely awesome and I have had very good response time when asking questions or trying to resolve a minor problem. I am very comfortable working with the product and I have found it to be very reliable.

Pros

The software works well for us as it links our safety inspections to our work order system which is very valuable. I like that it has the ability to be customized in areas to suit a client. I also like the ability to upload forms, photos, input comments and it tracks history in a very obvious and easy to find way.

Cons

The thing I like the least about the software is the struggle users have when they are not familiar with computer systems. The most frequent complaint is the user does not find it intuitive. It would be good if the system had more short cuts. I also find limitations on the types of reports the system can generate.

Not Applicable.

Hugh from Avon Maitland District School Board

Industry: Facilities Services

Solutions you need, when you need them...

Great product and great people.

Pros

Starting over 10 years ago, eBase was our organization's first Facilities Management Software implementation. eBase provided the custom functionality we needed as we developed and brought out facilities organization into the future. As an organization that operates and maintains a significant number of assets with limited resources, the solutions provided by eBase met our needs without being overwhelming. We are still in control of how we want to operate and eBase is able to configure the software to function the way we need it. The implementation and support team at eBase is very easy to work with and helps us learn from other customers' successes as we make continuous improvements and expand on what the product has to offer.

Cons

Currently, I have no outstanding issues that eBase has not addressed.

Kim from HWCDSB

ebase CUOS review

have realized better accounts receivables with credit card billing as most users now utilize this method of payment - high adoption rate and convenience the adaptability of custom fields and facility attributes allows us to help guide our users decisions and permit creation becomes easier each year making the Board look good in its delivery of services

Pros

very intuitive ease of use customer support has been extremely open to developing features we need on ongoing basis - year over year to improve functionality ; the evolution has been tremendous

Cons

the financial reporting - Users still want capability of paying per permit as opposed to account balance but apparently in a new update this has been rectified

Deb from Trillium Lakelands DSB

TLDSB Facility Services Review

Our overall experience with erase has been exceptional. It is like one stop shopping, everything is at my fingertips.

Pros

The ease of use is what I like most about the software and that it covers several areas of my position so there is no need to learn multiple software packages.

Cons

I am currently using several of the modules and there is nothing negative that I can say about the product.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

It had everything we were looking for with the potential of additional modules

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

The old software was outdated and couldn’t do everything we needed it to.

Domenic from Grand Erie DSB

A complete CMMS

Extremely satisfied

Pros

The software has many functionalty modules that are customized to a certain degree to fit the best use of the organiztion. It is user friendly and the customer care assistance/support is fantastic. I really like the metrics reporting tool since it provides information at my fingertips regarding many aspects of our mantenance and project management service units.

Peter from LDCSB

LDCSB Review of Ebase

Excellent customer service and overall system.

Pros

User friendly, the software encompasses all facets required for a large organization at a reasonable cost. We have expanded the program with a H&S component and form logic which our HR dept now administer.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a bit long for customizations, but in the end we always receive what we asked for.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

full suite and modules in one package

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

It's a complete package with all modules built in including Community Use of Schools

Connie from Avon Maitland District School Board

Industry: Facilities Services

Great customer service & easy to use

I have used multiple modules of eBase and find all of them easy to use and I know if I have questions or concerns I questions will be answered asap. The reports are easy to run and there are a variety pf levels and sort options to suit my needs. If I can't find what I'm looking for eBase will assist me to get the results I require.

Pros

eBase replies within 24 hours of any email or phone message Inquiry It is very user friendly for myself and my staff

Cons

I can't think of any? I have only used eBase in my past and current position and see no need for anything else?

Erin from St Clair Catholic District School Board

SCCDSB

eBASE is a fantastic product. We are currently using 9 different modules within our Board with another being rolled out soon. The consistency and integration across the modules makes it easy for end users to learn and use.

Pros

-eBASE is easy to use with built in help menus -Excellent support -Modules for many different uses / departments

Cons

-Initial set-up / configuration is a big job, but I suspect this is the case for any platform

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

Looking for a more user friendly, out of the box solution

Terri from Waterloo Catholic District School Board

Great program. For education, one location for everything and only really need to train once on basics

Pros

Reporting, KPI's, ease of use, once you know one module, it's fairly easy to navigate other modules

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

New supervisor introduced us to this product - was using at another Board

Martha from Lambton Kent District School Board

Review of eBASE.

We all need eBASE and work in it daily. Very happy with the software and what it does for us.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and holds a lot of information for us. We have different applications and each module is very helpful in tracking assets, time and staff. We also use it as a communication tool as notes from many different users are entered into the system for all to view.

Cons

I wish we had used it sooner. I have no issues.

Nigel from Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board

An excellent tool which keeps getting better

Great organization to deal with, quick response, and excellent customer support.

Pros

Flexible design allowing for customized functionality and support of the organization's business processes. Great and unique features such as flags and communication workflows through work order lifecycle. Development of new features and investment into the tool is consistent, only making the software stronger and continuously improving the user experience. Webtool which doesn't require investment and maintenance of local servers.

Cons

Planning and scheduling tools could be stronger.

Jeff from Ridley College

eBase Ridley Maintenance review

Our experience with eBase is very positive. We rely heavily on the software to be available on a daily basis to direct and assist with the custodial, maintenance and capital work needs on campus.

Pros

The software is easy on the eye. The web page never looks cluttered or busy. The information is presented in a format that flows logically.

Cons

Could use more tutorials for configuration steps to creating assets, schedules and inspections.

Carole from Pembina Trails School Division

Excellent Database

it is so easy to use, great customer service, reasonably priced

Pros

Cons

I don't have anything that I could say about what i don't like.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

We were going to recreate another program in house with our IT department, which we knew would eventually outdate just like the existing system we were using. This gave us a database that will grow with our ever changing needs and environment within education.

Margaret from School District #73

User Friendly - eBase

overall, we have been very please with eBase, however, with COVID 19 protocols, there has not been the bulk bookings that would test this program better. We have only done a very small fraction of our normal bookings, the majority being internal bookings.

Pros

Easy tracking of accounts receivable, web-based, user friendly for general public.

Cons

How it prints out every single day on the permit, rather than a range of dates/times.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

more user friendly for the public

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

unable to track receivable thru database, had to keep paper copies to ensure accounts up to date

Renee from Renfrew County Catholic District School Board

EBASE review

We have many modules of EBASE and working on getting another one. Very easy to use and teach for others to learn.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes EBASE does not always have the ability to tweak the software the way you want it.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

Already had ebase so add on

Hannah from PVNCCDSB

Great for School Boards

Pros

There are so many features on eBase and ways to customize the program to your needs and to your liking. Once you get the hang of the system it is easy and efficient to use.

Cons

Some of the features are not user friendly for some of our staff who are not great with technology and require further training and instruction.

Marc from Superior Greenstone District SB

eBASE Review

Excellent service

Pros

The ease of operating and the additional modules that tie into each other, the capabilities of using active directories and merging outside training to a central location

Cons

Would like to see a more advance project management module similar to Procore

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

It met the expectations of our organization

Karen from Wellington Catholic District School Board

EbAse review

eBase has been a great addition to our board. We get a lot of benefit from all the modules that we are currently using.

Pros

The eBase site is very intuitive and easy to navigate. It is user friendly for even the most non-Tech staff members.

Cons

I sometimes find it a challenge to find the type of report that I want to run.

james from Sudbury Catholic Schools

My Notes

customer service support has been exceptional

Pros

Health and Safety Inspections module is very compartmentalized - users find it difficult to manage the flow of data

Cons

Sometimes lack of customization for our purposes

uniformity/ Consistency with other Boards, interlinkage of modules, reporting

Mark from KPDSB

eBase

The speed that we can react to a potential user problem.

Pros

The ease of use and the integration into our system

Cons

Not much. It sometimes takes a bit to figure out where you are or should be in making changes to User accounts.

Reasons for Switching to eBASE

The in house application was clumsy and in accurate.

Ian from School District 71

eBASE review

Integrating eBASE into our operation has been incredibly positive and I would highly recommend the software for any organization that generates work orders and operates facilities.

Pros

The software is easy to use and I appreciate how it has removed paper from our work order process. It improves accountability through the direct assignment and tracking of work orders. It has reduced work order completion times and improved tracking.

Laurie from TVDSB

eBase Community Use

Excellent

Pros

Numerous features, expandability options, eBase team is always working to customize for better service to permit users and school boards.

Cons

always room for improvement, eBase team listens and often is able to come up with a suitable solution.

Lori from HPEDSB

Community USe Module

Clients can easily book requests, and I see them in a time sensitive way. (immediate)

Pros

Ease of use, eBASE support, dependability and time sensitive accuracy.

Cons

Accounting can sometimes be a challenge, when manual changes are required.

Alison from WCDSB

Excellent product

Excellent!

Pros

The product is very easy to use and customizable. There are no additional charges for customization

Cons

I would like to have more simple reports

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

Price and ease of use. Ability to customize.

Cristiano from LKDSB

Pro and contro

Great

Pros

Very easy to access and use. And many options that covers all our needs

Cons

It would be better to have a better way to fill out some logs when they are overdue.

Better product

Better product

stewart from Waterloo Catholic DSB

PM generation and asset management is very good. Ease of use is excellent

Pros

Ease of use, Not an accounting software with a maintenance add on.

Cons

The amount of time closing work orders.

Lena from Grand Erie DSB

Grand Erie DSB

fantastic product and company , great service

Pros

ease of record keeping. access records form anywhere. able to do stats

Cons

so far nothing that I have found is a con for this

Caroline from CDSBEO

Health and Safety Inspection system-eBase

Very good. Very helpful in answering questions and helping staff who use the system.

Pros

Customizable, tracking of inspections, and record keeping.

Cons

Had difficulty for a little while trying to update changes to the inspection template. Finally figured it out.

Reasons for Choosing eBASE

Our company was already using the maintenance tracking system.

Shane from RCDSB

eBase Review

Overall I am very satisfied with the eBase system.

Pros

Easy to access data quickly, for trends, how it ties in with our work order system.

Cons

Which there were more available programs like confined space entry, that ties in to our work order system.