• Pros

• "The versatility and ease of use is amazing. Often we can accomplish a project with formidable where we may have needed to write custom code or find another plugin. Formidable pro can do so much."

• "ease of use, excellent support, takes building wordpress to another level. makes it possible to create forms and views for experienced developers and beginners"

• "Formidable Forms is Very Easy to use on Wordpress."

• Cons

• "I wish it was compatible with the Zurb's Foundation. This isn't a huge deal but it would make our lives a little easier."

• "Wish there was image select for lookup fields, but fingers crossed we will get that soon!"

• "One feature that would be great to have built-in is the ability to perform calculations on field data before it's stored. Currently that must be accomplished with custom javascript."

Browse Formidable Forms Reviews

Randy J from President Tiny Giant Web Solutions

Best WordPress Form Builder

Overall we've stayed with Formidable because of their support and functionality. I've tried others and nothing yet compares to the team and product of Formidable Forms as of yet.

Pros

As a WordPress developer, I shopped and compared many form builders and landed with Formidable Forms. I've been using Formidable Forms for about 4 years now on all our websites and enjoy the ease of use and functionality for customization when a specialty form is needed. Their customer service and support is great as well.

Cons

I wish they had encryption so we can do medical submissions.

Jonathan from JRWDevelopment

Conditional action hooks make this the best form plugin for WordPress

Overall, Formidable Forms has been my go-to form builder for the last 7 years. I switched from a competitor because while their feature set was more robust, Formidable had a more modern feel and was easier to work with as a developer.

Pros

Not only is the drag-n-drop interface super easy to work with, but the included fields almost always meet my needs. The included actions that can be triggered on successful form submission, while not exhaustive, usually meet the requirements of my projects. There are plenty of add-ons that help to meet the needs if one of the built-in ones doesn't.

Cons

One thing I feel is missing from this plugin is advanced conditional field values. When using a form to try to create a quiz that scored users based on their overall answers, it was difficult to add those form values together and redirect to an appropriate success page base on the total of all fields.

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

In the end, Formidable was easier to work with as a developer and provided a fuller feature set for the cost than the competition. Form Actions was probably the biggest selling point for me early on. They are amazing.

Michael from Blu Creative

One of the better WordPress form plugins, with some limitations

We've used Formidable forms on various WordPress sites, particularly when the website requires an interactive or more advanced type of form, which Formidable definitely excels at.

Pros

Formidable is a great WordPress form plugin at its' core, and comes packed with a ton of features that other form plugins try to charge for. If you only need basic forms, you won't find a better plugin that's well-built and easy to use as Formidable. The paid version of Formidable is also awesome, with some pretty nifty features such as pageable (sliding) forms, and 3rd party integrations

Cons

If you're a developer who needs to make style customization and modifications, Formidable will give you quite the headache. Given the limitations of the plugin, and the way the code is structured, some basic CSS styling takes significantly more work than it should.

Ignacio from rodriguez valle creative

Online registrations made easy

Great so far. We purchased an elite license since we use it on every project as a default installation.

Pros

We were able to create an online school registration multi-step form pretty easily and then make modifications based on client feedback, addressing only the steps in the form where changes were needed. The ability to add in additional features like Zapier integration with just a few clicks is the best!

Cons

It's a bit pricey, but in the end well worth it since we probably saved time and $$ not needing additional plugins for certain functions. Formidable has everything covered pretty well!

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

Available integrations with third parties swayed us.

Reasons for Switching to Formidable Forms

Formidable offered much more in terms of functionality and integrations with third parties.

Trisha from Quokka Creative

The only form plugin I use for all my clients

It's been excellent.

Pros

I bought Formidable Pro back on June 25, 2014, and have used it on every client site I've created since. I moved from Gravity Forms and never looked back. I've tried a couple of the newer plugins, but they don't measure up. Formidable is just so flexible.

Cons

I miss the community forums. I liked being able to find answers to my questions without needing to contact support. There's a Slack group now but it's not the same. I like how GeneratePress and Beaver Builder still both have support forums. I hope Formidable Pro brings theirs back one day,

Reasons for Switching to Formidable Forms

Formidable Pro was more affordable, easier to design and much more flexible.

Amazing Formidable Forms

Amazing support... answers within a couple of hours and they are always so helpful!

Pros

The educational and smart layout that makes it both fun and easy to use Formidable Forms, both privately and professionally.

Cons

Sometimes there is functionality behind the scenes that are not so easy to find or understand. I think more example code would help to give new inspiration and ideas on how to use this powerful tool.

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

I liked Stephanies philosophy and her presentation of her work around Formidable Forms. The different add-ons that was (and are) available was also a big part of my decision.

Tom from Dufferin Web

Formidable Forms is one of the best out there!

Overall, I am very happy with Formidable Forms. They have been a real time saver for both myself and my clients

Pros

The ability to extend and tie into hooks and filters is by far one of the greatest tools for me. I can quickly design a form and then do all the custom coding I need and I know there is always an answer.

Cons

Nothing. It answered all my needs and requirements

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

It had the greatest flexibility for custom coding.

Ryan from Coldspark Media

Industry: Political Organization

New to Formidable but Service Team is Excellent!

We'll be using this form plug-in for everything from simple sign ups and contact forms to more complex ecommerce solutions.

Pros

Have only been using it for about 3 hours, but the pre-sales support was incredibly responsive. I've found it extremely easy to implement most of our branding guidelines into the styling for this plug-in. We'll be using it for all our clients going forward!

Cons

My coding experience is limited so reshaping fields, etc to fit our design is still something I'm working through with our development team. Not a negative though, just expected for projects we're working on.

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

API & automation elements built-in as well as pre-sale support.

Saqib from ONE SURGERY

Turn wordpress into gold

We have created some ground breaking and innovative websites in healthcare and the non profit sector with formidable

Pros

Extremely versatile, very powerful. With formidable forms, anything is possible and therefore truly captures your imagination. With the abundance of wordpress templates and designs, and combined with formidable forms, you can create beautiful and functional websites.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve to make it powerful. You will often be scratching your head how to get something done, and then once you find the answer, you are amazed and delighted. It takes time to master and you will need to be able to dabble in PHP code to make the best use. But for beginners and simple projects, its straight forward. Its slightly expensive if budget is restricted (and wordpress users use wordpress because its free so a premium plugin in a lot) - but the support and features you get make it worth it if you can maximise formidable potential

Nathan from Prophit Co.

My go-to solution for anything form-related in Wordpress

We use it to capture contact forms, request more information, for payment calculators and loan applications, in conjunction with a PDF plugin to generate PDFs, and more.

Pros

Formidable Forms makes it easy to build any sort of form to capture information. It has a lot of field types available and almost unlimited customization options. Form submissions can be stored & displayed, emailed to select people, integrated with dozens of 3rd-party add-ons, or handled with completely custom callbacks.

Cons

Response from Strategy11

Replied August 2020

Hi Nathan. Thanks for the great review! Just wanted to let you know that calculations can be done before the form is submitted too. Here's more info on the form calculations: https://formidableforms.com/knowledgebase/field-calculations/

Jonathan from Albon Dog Ranch

Formidable Forms is a must have form builder!

I am currently moving all my forms from Gravity forms. We have hundreds of form entries per week and love the ease of use from it!

Pros

I moved from a competing form as there were things happening I didn't like and couldn't get sorted quickly. Formidable forms support and ease of use is really good. They have helped with numerous queries in an efficient and professional manner!

Cons

I have had multiple issues with the datepicker that I still can't seem to get working properly. I would love to see a direct add on for Square payments. I am using a third party plugin but would like to see it from Formidable forms.

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

I wanted something as equally good as Gravity and better for the future.

Reasons for Switching to Formidable Forms

I was having some issues that couldn't be solved quickly and was getting issues frequently!

Andrew from Adventure Qualifications Network

Absolutely brilliant - turned my dreams into reality

Pros

The support is out of this world. In any software one is learning a lot of new skills so brilliant support makes the learning worth while. I could not have done so without it. I had a dream to turn our training companies administration, student management, and quality management system paperless. Formidable Forms has done that. Some of the things we do now, all paperless are; Student enrollment and payments; Keeping up to date records by auto sending emails for updated documentation at the correct time to each student or assessor; Multiple assessors countrywide uploading and assessing student assignments online; Moderators having immediate access to students work and assessors reports at any time from anywhere; Instant generation of reporting functions for the education authorities oversight and quality management role; Views showing snapshots of students progress with hyperlinks to every conceivable piece of data required by quality assurance and assessors throughout the process, and 'To Do' list automatically generated for each person who logs in based on their role ; Students have access to their own data at all times and can see their own progress; Students can maintain and view personal logbooks built into the system which also doubles as evidence for assessor to check currency of participation; The list goes on and on... Our site has over 80 forms with 426 Views.

Cons

I an not competent with writing code myself, so battle with tasks involving custom code, but there are lots of samples available as well so this helps. Nothing really that I do not like. I just do not have the time to do more self learning as I do this voluntarily and have another real job.

Jeannine from Webs & Words

Powerful, flexible form builder with outstanding customer support

Pros

Formidable lets me build just about any kind of form system I (or my clients) can dream up--and they're adding new features all the time, based on user feedback. I have used several other big-name form builders for WordPress and Formidable has beaten them all. Their support forum and individual tickets are without equal. They work with me endlessly to figure out how to implement my project, even if I add a few new twists. Most recently, they helped me build a class registration system that accepts individualized information about each student in group registrations; auto-calculates different prices based on coupons and the number of users; integrates well with PayPal; generates both complex reports for me on the backend and simple, easy-to-read front-end reports for those running the courses, many of whom are computer-phobic. Formidable also let me create a complex conditional-logic form with multiple built-in paths. Can you tell I'm a fan? I pay for the software and receive nothing for this review except the satisfaction of helping a plugin and company that I like.

Cons

With power comes complexity, and several of the more convoluted forms have required a bit of PHP--which is not in my skill set. I'd like to have more of the standard code snippets turned into automatic features but, in the meantime, many snippets are posted in the forum and online help and, representatives will also help with much of the customization. In five years of using Formidable, I've only had to turn to outside help once (and that was a family friend, so it wasn't an enormously complicated project--just beyond me.

Andy from Martin's Magic (www.martinsmagic.com)

A Really Amazing and Fully Featured Plugin for EVERYTHING to do with Web Forms

Pros

Formidable Forms is very extensible and pretty much anything you can think of to do with a form can be done. I am building a full GDPR solution, 75% of which comes directly from Formidable forms and its Pro features. I have stopped using all other types of form builders and contact us forms. In fact, I have actively gone through all of our WordPress sites and anything that was not using Formidable (because they were older for example) I've upgraded. Formidable provide helpful and fast service and they have an annual support fee that is very reasonable for all that they do. I don't know what I would do without Formidable Forms. Some examples of forms I have created with Formidable Forms: https://www.martinsmagic.com/contact-us/ https://www.martinsmagic.com/add-to-guestbook/ https://www.martinsmagic.com/upload-your-collection/ https://www.martinsmagic.com/protect-my-data/

Cons

Very hard to really find any Cons for Formidable Forms. But if there was one it would be nice to have an easy way to copy forms from one site to another without using their api product. Sometimes, the number of things you can do with Formidable Forms gets overwhelming, but I don't believe that is really a con.

Brent from CedarCreek Church

We've used Formidable Forms since version 1 many years ago. It's my go-to as a designer!

Coding forms by hand is rough. Why re-invent the wheel? Especially with this plugin that allows rapid creation in a drag-drop interface, with reporting, exporting entries to CSVs, custom form actions for emailing people, custom reporting, etc... The depth of this plugin is up with the most thorough ones I've ever seen. The team did great on this and it's been fun to see it grow over the years.

Pros

The drag and drop interface for creating forms makes it super simple, but it can be as complex as you want it to be when you get into paginating, conditional fields that only appear when needed, and can even double as a basic shopping cart adding up totals and integrating with PayPal or other services via the plugins they offer. We've used it from basic RSVP forms, to complex Health Care Plan selections for entire companies. The system is flexible and a great framework to build with. The support is top notch as well! I've been impressed with the speed and responses of the staff on numerous occasions. Like I said in the title, long time user, big fan! This is easily in my top 5 Wordpress Plugin bag and it honestly makes other forms plugins look silly when I see them.

Cons

The ONLY thing I wish it could do was more complex math... but we're talking conditional multiplication or adding together of multiple subtotals of other fields... Things that most users will never run into! And honestly it may be able to handle some of that now as I haven't looked in a while.

Never needed another form plugin after finding Formidable Forms

Pros

You can pretty much build any kind of application that you can think of without coding (or very little!). It's the most dynamic and advanced form plugin while also being so simple. It's so much more than a plugin too. I've built entire systems for user registration, CMS, application workflows, and more. If you've wanted to build any kind of business application but didn't want to code it, this is a great way to do it. I also love how supportive and big the community is. Everyone is super helpful, there's tons of add-ons, and there's lots to be inspired by.

Cons

Learning curve takes a bit to get use to because there's so much to offer. Documentation is plentiful and helpful, but sometimes hard to find. Layout could be improved to make it easier to find things and switch between settings/menus.

Casey from Bear Squared

Hands-down the best WordPress plugin

It's been great. The product is early to learn and easy to use. Customer support is quick and helpful. It's my favorite WordPress plugin.

Pros

The combination of feature set, ease of use, and fantastic customer support make Formidable stand out among competitive products. I've yet to see a form plugin that offers so much functionality in terms of conditional logic, calculations, custom styling, and extensibility.

Cons

The pricing structure, especially combined with the number of paid add-ons, has gotten a little complication.

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

Formidable had the best combination of features and prices. Only after that did I find out how good the customer service is.

Reasons for Switching to Formidable Forms

I needed more conditional logic, calculation, payment integrations, and entry management features.

Abby from The Helpful Marketer

Formidable Forms creates endless possibilities in WordPress

I've been impressed time and time again with all the things I'm able to achieve with Formidable forms. They're a small family-owned company and I'm proud to support them.

Pros

I'm able to create so many customized solutions for clients with Formidables features. You can have front-end forms that create a post, mapping the fields together in a custom post type. They're also adding and improving their functionality constantly too. They're actually trying, which is more than I can say for a lot of the big plugin companies.

Cons

It does take a little getting used to. The way the settings and options are laid out are just a little different, so you do actually have to think, but it'll become 2nd nature after a while. The Search function in their Knowledgebase isn't the greatest, so just use Google to help you find what you're looking for.

Khai from Paloform

Industry: Furniture

Fantastic Form Builder-Manager for Wordpress

It's been a great tool for us, that continues to get better as they make tweaks and improvements.

Pros

Formidable has allowed us to build several complicated forms for external and internal use. It is feature-rich with a simple drag-and-drop builder interface and many options for fields and actions. Conditional fields and multipage forms with progress bars are some of the highlights. Customer support is top-notch!

Cons

Like any software that you want to do complex tasks, it requires a bit of a learning curve and it does require a bit of brain power sometimes to achieve what you want.

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

Had the features that we needed. Price was very competitive.

The Best WordPress Form Builder

It has been a smooth ride with formidable forms. I've built so many projects with this system and I'll continue to use it until I know otherwise.

Pros

Formidable forms is the most sophisticated and customizable WordPress Form plugin I've ever used. You can practically build any kind of project with this plugin, no matter how big or small.

Cons

The plugin some times is unstable when new updates are available.

Reasons for Switching to Formidable Forms

Gravity forms is not user-friendly and not so easy to use.

john from Oconee Publishing

Industry: Newspapers

So easy, but so powerful

Overall, I like how it gets thing done and keeps users organized. The functionality of the paid version is well worth the cost, even if one complains about it.

Pros

Options. Formidable offers an almost limitless range of performance. Multi-page forms, conditional logic, varied notifications, responses and even payment acceptance, among a host of other features. It is simple to use, but has a powerful back-end that lets you do almost anything.

Cons

The pricing, the subscription. I appreciate good products and I know people have to make a living, but I'd have preferred a slightly lower price. That and the updating of changes made to forms. It can get a lost in the building of forms but you MUST save changes.

Ease of Use.

Robert from BCS of Southwest Florida, Inc.

An excellent forms program that excels in content manipulation and support.

My business would not exist without it. Used on every product from the simplest to the most complex.

Pros

The ability to store form contents, query the data and output results in any manner makes the product shine above all others tried. Support is more than excellent. Features added at lightning speed. Support is beyond any expectations.

Cons

Developing dynamic, data driven application can get a little complex requiring code snippets which they happily provide. Wish they has an in-house service for (for fee) to modify their hook samples if needed.

Alvin from Axle Cloud

More than just an online form tool

Great follow up and valuable resources sent via email.

Pros

Simple drag and drop interface that was still very powerful in function.

Cons

No major issues, however many free form tools are sufficient to achieve a similar experience.

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

Formidable Forms had the appropriate integrations that were necessary for the project.

David from 50 Marketing

Formidable Forms: Top-Shelf Form Plugin for WordPress

Formidable Forms is our standard forms plugin, we use it on all sites that we build, over 150 sites so far!

Pros

We've been using Formidable Forms for more than 5 years, and it's the most flexible form builder for WordPress out there. I can' think of any features that it lacks.

Cons

Configuration of individual forms and form design could be a little more intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to Formidable Forms

Contact Form 7 was just too clunky and we kept having issues with it not being able to do what we needed.

Mark from Gibbs Universal Industries

Formidable Forms is Formidable

I have used Formidable Forms for user management, data collection, and data analysis. I built an entire vendor bidding, grantee application, and product ordering system for a $2+ million dollar Cal-OES subgrant system and Formidable Forms was a solid, stable foundation.

Pros

Formidable Forms is the most feature-rich WordPress form builder I've found (and I have looked, long and hard). Easy to use, flexible, and cost-effective.

Cons

Documentation could be better organized and more examples would help.

Chris from Energized Graphics

Wonderful form builder we've used on all our client sites.

Eric from Self Employed

Great service, always amazed at all possibilities

Pros

Cons

I really would not know what to say here.. I tested a couple of other form plugins like Gravityforms, but never found a better one then Formidable pro

Christo from Leapfrog Market

Industry: Information Services

Best product

Great support, spam filtering and easy to use

Pros

This was so easy to implement and guide you to build forms and custom workflows Present very neatly in any embedded solution

Cons

Nothing to dislike here, just love the product

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

More features and custom workflow

Angelo from Gestoría Personal

Great plugin and support team

Thanks to formidable forms we have organised the information and request of the employees of the company.

Pros

Allows you to create forms and views really fast. Great support team.

Cons

Nothing by the moment, everithing is looking fine.

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

Better to perform calculations.

It turns WordPress into a business tool.

Personally, I use it to make my website more useful as a business site, but I have hundreds of customers who have allowed me to use this plugin to make their websites more useful for business as well.

Pros

I like the simplicity of being able to create forms and add them to my site. I can easily modify these forms once they have been added and can insert them anywhere in WordPress.

Cons

What I don't like is that I'm often left wondering why some things aren't easier to do when most of them are. For example, I'd like to be able to easily hide the Submit button at times and make it appear conditionally, but that requires extra coding which I am not fond of doing.

Márcio from IT

This is a great tool.

I used the free version, so I needed more advanced features and bought the PRO version. I am very satisfied.

Pros

Formidable Forms is Very Easy to use on Wordpress.

Cons

It is expensive for Brazilians, due to the dollar conversion rate.

Abigail from Abigail K Photography

I wouldn't be able to run my business without this!

Great! Their support is incredible - they answer the simplest of questions and are very reliable.

Pros

It's diverse possibilities. There's so much you can do with this piece of software!

Cons

That some of the features I use are only available on higher plans. I managed to work around that though by self coding my projects.

For the versatility

For the versatility

Lee from Print 365 Limited

Industry: Printing

Wow, Fantastic!

Pros

We switched to Formidable Forms as the native WooCommerce variable products could not handle the amount of data we need per product, but Formidable Forms does that with ease! Brilliant product and support!

Isaac from Zone 6

Industry: Graphic Design

Saves time collecting data

Pros

I have had to implement several data collection forms in the last month. Using Formidable makes collecting the information we need quick and easy.

Cons

Sometimes I wish there were more field options as compared to other Wordpress form creators.

Ryan from SavvyPop

Great, Full-featured Solution

Overall, this plugin does amazing things. It is very well put together with a couple minor interface annoyances.

Pros

It does everything I need with a graphical interface. The support team is friendly and responsive.

Cons

The actions associated with a field value will lose their value if the field value is changed.

Reasons for Switching to Formidable Forms

I needed a more feature-rich solution

Sven from SnM Works LLC

I absolutely love Formidable forms

Pros

I love how easy it is to install, configure, create forms and modify the code to fit my exact needs for every project. I also really enjoy the fact that it is very easy to use and train my clients on it.

Cons

I would like if the documentation is updated faster with all new updates. Sometimes, I have to dig trough support requests just to find a solution to an issue that was caused by an update.

What i think of Formidable Forms

My experience with Formidable Forms has been straight forward and smooth. The fact that i can build any form with it makes my work much easier

Pros

The fact that i can build any form ranging from contact forms, payment forms, surveys, quiz etc with Formidable Forms makes it very cool. I find the drag and drop feature very interesting. Its also easy to use.

Cons

I can't think of any problem that i might have had with Formidable Forms. Its pretty slick and easy to use. Although small businesses might have issues with the price, its still worth it.

Perry from Neurothrive networks

Industry: Mental Health Care

First thoughts on Formdiable

Given that I've invested very little time learning it except by trial and error, I thought it was very easy to setup my first quiz and calculated field.

Pros

I liked that they had many pre-made templates for a variety of calculators, surveys etc.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to switch more quickly from one type of response field to another type without having to recreate the field. (e.g. checkbox to radio button) I could've benefited from easy to find links to tutorials for a type of form. (e.g. how-to setup a calculator)

Reasons for Switching to Formidable Forms

Very little documentation or support for Torros. It seems to be limited in many ways with no way to upgrade its capabilities.

Response from Strategy11

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review Perry! Did you know you can change the field type at the bottom of the field options for most field types? Thanks for the feedback about links to tutorials. We'll work on it!

Kelsey from KW Chocolates

It helps me focus on running my business

It has been fantastic. Easy to use for a non-technical business owner.

Pros

As a small business owner, I’ve appreciated the way I can implement and use things easily — without having to be an expert developer. I need time to focus on my business strategy not get in the technological weeds of my online platform. With Formidable Forms I can just run my business and the technical operations behind my online presence takes care if itself.

Cons

Out of the box spam protection could be better.

Reasons for Choosing Formidable Forms

The other products were difficult to create the checkout forms I needed for my website. Formidable made the process easier to create and implement on my site.

Alessandro from Informatica Gressoney

Best forms for Wordpress

Tecnical support is always on and respond shortly

Pros

Formidable Forms is a very powerful software! After a short time to know how to do, you can do what you want.

Cons

Sometime is it difficult to develope but with the examples in the support website is easy

I choose Formidable Forms because is very complete software

Qasim Ali from Mojoki Marketing

Simple, Amazing & Serves tons of functionalities.

Great

Pros

Offered modules are perfect. Premade templates are just amazing, saves times and helped to understand that what complex functions can be easily implemented through formidable forms.

Cons

Cant think of any critical one at the moment. but there should be more templates available.

Reasons for Switching to Formidable Forms

Formidable offers more functionalities in a simpler interface

high quality plugin for wordpress, lots of functionality

Pros

Lots of features, nice design attributes, smooth functionality, easily integrates into wordpress site. Better than 90% of other forms I've used.

Cons

I struggled getting it set up. maybe it's just me but i thought it could have been easier to implement. I've used half a dozen form plugins on wordpress and there was only one i like more.