Fulcrumapp.com Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"You have a lot of tutorials on the webpage if you need help. The customer service is awesome."
  • icon"I run a small company that doesn't have an IT support team."
  • icon"I like the ability to fill out forms very fast out in the field."
  • icon"No pivot table such as bar chart to categories the data."
  • icon"We would be unable to tackle another catastrophic fire season like the last one, using FULCRUM, without Polygon / Linear features being added."
  • icon"I dislike that you can only attach one picture at a time to some things."

Have you used Fulcrumapp.com and would like to share your experience with others?

All Fulcrumapp.com Reviews

Doug

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

March 2022

Don't trust these people with your data, they will use it against you!

Carissa

Industry: Environmental Services

Software is making preliminary natural resource mapping a breeze.

Pros

Really enjoy the real time data collection and photo associations, the fact that there is no time consuming post processing work, and the ability to export a dbase from the collected data to create quick tables.

Cons

Wish there was a line collection option to delineate the perimeter of an object.

Reasons for switching to Fulcrumapp.com

Our GIS department suggested the switch and so happy they did.

Bryan

Fulcrum App for form based data collection

Our customers needed to collect a broad range of spatial located asset data. This data then had to be processed and presented to a government agency to be assessed for funding. Fulcrum allowed the creation of a form tailored to the exact requirements of the government agency. This greatly improved the time to collect the data and get the info submitted for evaluation.

Pros

The software is easy to setup, deploy and use. Ideal for semi skilled a data collection team. It results in consistent and repeatable data coming in from the field.

Cons

The total absence of an interface to the GNSS data stream you are using is a big disappointment. An interface to GNSS NMEA data stream and a simple NTRIP interface is all that is required and is typically available on competing products.

Reasons for choosing Fulcrumapp.com

Fulcrum is solely focused on form based data collection. The interface is clean and the user has to focus on the form they are using. This makes the software more efficient as a data collecting platform compared to others we looked at.

Coralline

Wonderful data gathering system

Able to look at data being collected in real time.

Pros

Very easy to use, create surveys and collect data in many formats.

Cons

IT would be good to be able to add in a matrix style

Reasons for switching to Fulcrumapp.com

Fulcrum had more functionality ad the ability to ad accounts and remove them as needs arose so more cost effective.

Great geo-app!

We collect thousands of data points annually using Fulcrum - it's greatly streamlined our field data collection processes for many different aspect of water quality research and stormwater management feature design, from soil test pits to infrastructure inspection. Without this software, we'd be struggling to scale our business.

Pros

Apps are easy to customize, near-infinite options for data collection, and great back-end data review options, plus tons of integration options with other software platforms.

Cons

I'd love to see collection of line/polygon features integrated. I'd also like to see the option to create custom reports (drag and drop) without consulting with Fulcrum's designers. And finally, I'd love to have the option to assign different icons based on status (not just color as the app currently allows).

Response from Spatial Networks

We're so glad Fulcrum could help you scale your business! We love to hear stories like this. Thanks a lot for the feedback on what you would like to see in Fulcrum. Line and polygon support is something that we do get asked about from time to time. I wanted to let you know it is on our radar however it is something that would take a lot of development time to accomplish. We agree a drag and drop report builder would be awesome! We have had some talks about making it possible for users to make small edits to the default report template and this could expand in the future based on feedback. We are also exploring options for better symbology. There are some technical issues with the symbology being consistent across all platforms that the development team has to work though. If you have not shared these thoughts already, please feel free to send your ideas to support@fulcrumapp.com. User feedback is a big driver for our product roadmap.

Replied March 2019

Adam

March 2022

Affordable and fully customizable

I am very happy with the application and will continue to use it for our field data collection needs

Pros

This app is inexpensive and offers us a fully customizable data collection application

Cons

We have found a few glitches. We also find the time stamp to be confusing and have created our own

Reasons for choosing Fulcrumapp.com

This was much cheaper and worked well for our needs

Reasons for switching to Fulcrumapp.com

This app was much less expensive

Ben

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Go-to tool for spatial surveys and analysis

Students feel empowered when they generate data. It's amazing to watch them go from consumer of spatial data to creators.

Pros

Fulcrum has enabled my students to successfully document spatial data regarding multiple environmental topics across the world in a reliable and efficient manner. Features like WordPress embeds, photo direction marking, export to KML, GIS, etc. making this the best platform available for spatial data.

Cons

I still haven't figured out how to differentiate projects from apps.

Abhinav

Fulcrumapp is a great tool hit kick start your data logging in the digital world.

Pros

The ease of use as well as the expandability of the software is what I like most about this software. Someone with no programming experience can create a form and start using it within a few hours. This form will be simple and usable and easily accessible. If you are a developer you are able to extend the forms very and put in more time into a form to create more quality of life improvements into a what was initially a very simple app. Being able to recommend this to a person with zero coding experience as well as a person with extensive coding experience is what I like the most.

Cons

I find Fulcrumapp is always introducing new features which can cause bug and other issues to arise with my users. There have been a few times where my team is unable to edit entries due to these bugs. That being said fulcrum support is great and always provide great support so I know when an issue is an internal fulcrum bug or a bug created by me or someone on my team.

Shawn

Industry: Environmental Services

Perfect for small organizations in need of a versatile and cost effective GIS platform.

My volunteer Board wanted me to have a way to re[port on issues throughout the area I work in and track field reports. Another great function is the ability to handle clients communications and billing with the software. If your business relies on GIS data Fulcrum is tough to beat.

Pros

-Ease of use -Quality of UI -Scalability -Data Security/integrity/accessibility -Versatility

Cons

-Honestly Fulcrum has fulfilled a large part of our data collection and management requirements. The one thing I can see that may draw me away is the fact that we have access to more complete GIS software packages that are able to perform many of the same functions and don't have subscription fees. That being said I would still be reluctant to stop using Fulcrum as it integrates with other software and is just so easy to teach my volunteer staff to use.

Reasons for choosing Fulcrumapp.com

Ease of use, scalability and data integrity.

Ease of use primarily

Craig

Natural Asset Contract Management

Fulcrum has been an amazing experience and focus of constant improvement for Council's Parks, Trees and Bushland maintenance contract programs. All stakeholders have been very impressed by the flexibility to use and redesign each application to create greater operational efficiencies.

Pros

Designing the program to reflect contract KPIs has been instrumental in streamlining our contractor communication and compliance activities that drive monthly reporting. The fulcrum platform works on all our mobile devices without problem in the year we've worked with the product.

Cons

This spatial software uses 'pin drop' GIS points for recording data. Though there's a layer option to represent areas / polygons above the map, the pixel / resolution of our file was insufficient.

Response from Spatial Networks

Thanks for providing Fulcrum such a great review! We love to hear that we were able to help you streamline your contractor communication and compliance activities. We're so glad your stakeholders have been impressed by the flexibility we have to offer and your ability to create greater operational efficiencies. Have you talked with our support team about your issues with file resolution? If not, please reach out to support@fulcrumapp.com. We would love to know more and see if we can help you out.

Replied March 2019

Industry: Environmental Services

No more lost field sheets

A misplaced data collection sheet can be a huge cost in redoing the work - some of our project work is a full day's drive from head office - and Fulcrum eliminates that risk. It also means data is entered once whereas, previously, we would record the data on a field sheet, then it would have to be manually entered into a spreadsheet back in the office, before we could begin to process it.

Pros

Fulcrum's capability for working off line is critical for our work in remote areas. The ease of adding and tweaking fields in the designer view makes the development stage of an app very cost-effective. The overall ease of use and robustness of the platform are a big plus for our organisation.

Cons

It would be great to have a dedicated GPS track option and be able to record a GPS track without using the audio recording option.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Fulcrum Review

Pros

Solid performance coupled with flexibility, features, and low cost

Cons

Enterprise integration was a long time coming

Solid performance coupled with flexibility, features, and low cost

features and cost

Asghar

Industry: Computer Networking

Flexible Soloution for surveys.

Only fulcrum fill our all requirements. Fast and reliable, can control from anywhere. Good customer support.

Pros

Great product from beginner till now i am expert. A good API & data events make this product very effective , this product is a complete package. This products is also interesting for developers . In Short this is a complete soloution for any kind of business.

Cons

If there are any option for using fulcrum database locally without syncing, then this product will hit edges. Fulcrum must start professional certification programs for individuals like other products. Making API query writable also is a plus point. Custom pdf design must be client base or atleast make API for custom PDF.

Gary

Good tech support

As mentioned previously I was impressed with there quick responses to my enquiries. I used another product before which was based out of country taking days not just hours. Secondly the software has been in use for so long by so many there wasn’t much I had to contribute as upgrades.

Pros

The setup up was easy but most impressive was the help I received from tech support. Quick to respond and precise. After dissecting a few of their sample templates it became like a first language.

Cons

I found the reporting was a little rigid but was able to deal with the work arounds. I understand they have a pay service to customize reporting, but I tend to be a do it yourselfer and determined.

Great App

Fulcrum is great, and it has saved us time and money. I wouldn't enjoy my job near as much without it.

Pros

Using fulcrum has made my manager and I's job so much easier that I don't know how we got by before using it. Be it data entry, being able to find components without searching for hours, making numerous phone calls, and data entry, the workload that has been taken on by Fulcrum is tremendous. For anyone in a field like ours this app is a must have.

Cons

The sattelite image is old, which can make finding things off of landmarks more difficult. I also have found that the computer version is much better than the mobile in the sense that filtering is way easier. The list view (like excel) needs to be more user friendly and available on the mobile side of things.

Jorge