• Pros

• "It's easy to use and there are plenty of help forms if you get stuck "

• "Very easy to set up and use. Great features to ensure data quality. Great data integration features. Developer capabilities and features"

• "We have been using this software to perform audits and it has greatly increased our speed in completing the task. The API access has also allowed us to upload data with ease. Very happy with Fulcrum."

• Cons

• "Initial download was problematic. Service team was responsive and professional."

• "The only thing that would make it perfect is the ability to capture lines and polygons."

• "Mobile app can be buggy at times (very rarely though). "

Browse Fulcrum Reviews

Tamas from Catsurveys Group

Fulcrum is the best Saas

I still will use for many years

Pros

Im using fulcrum since 2016 and all I can say this was one of my best decision in the company. We have many applications built. I really like that people can use without programming knowledge but there is the option use for more complicated tasks. You can use script actions, or create detailed formulas. I also really like that we can connect to our database and sync all the data for further processing. Also the android and iOS apps are very useful , especially when there is no internet connection

Cons

Easy to sync wit the API, bat record can be created backwards. For example with Zapier you can use fulcrum to make actions but cannot be used to make actioned.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Works offline, and require authentication, geospatial capabilities

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the wonderful review, Tamas!

Leland from Leeward Solutions, LLC

Fulcrum Mobile Data Collection

Fulcrum is a viable alternative to the cost of using other "shop"-based software that require subscription to standard engineering tools. Fulcrum is useful for people in professions other than engineering and large-scale design work. At the end of a project, I can have a thorough data set for a project that can be shared (either through the software or through data exports) with others for a variety of purposes.

Pros

In combination with a GPS receiver, the Fulcrum software allows me to capture data in the field using unique data point identifiers, including latitude and longitude. I have thirty or so separate apps within the software that I use for collecting natural history data at client and county levels. The available data fields allow me tremendous flexibility in choosing the types of categories (single-choice, multiple-choice), organization into sections, creation and import of choice lists (in some cases, of several thousand plant species or several hundred county street names), and data export into multiple GIS-friendly database files. I am impressed with it. There are some functions I have not used, such as multiple-member apps and sharing levels.

Cons

Unlike competitor software, it does not allow use of paths or polygons. Usually, I use discrete data points or paths; for the latter, it is necessary to have direction-of-travel and side-of-road fields that require extra time in the field. In the fields that use choice lists, I often use an "Other" field that allows input that does not exist in the list, but modification of the data field - especially unchecking another list element - results in loss of any entry in the Other field. There should be a means for retaining this information despite other changes in the field, and "Other" should open for additional information without deleting existing contents.

Stuart from RammSanderson Ecology Ltd

Fulcrum in Ecology

Fulcrum is, or should be, the industry standard for Ecology data collection. The ability to generate literally any style of form from plain text boxes to hundreds of option drop-downs, means that you can keep up with the demands of surveying nature. This software has saved time, money and a lot of peoples hairlines within my own company, and I am sure within numerous other consultancies.

Pros

The simple but infinite customisation options for each app that you design mean you can have very strict control over the data you collect, which is crucial in ecology due to the diversity of survey work that takes place. Additionally, as the industry often demands unsociable hours, the ability to sync the device to a central shared database with a number of users reduces the amount of time you're waiting for data from colleaugues. And another obvious benefit in an industry based outdoors, is that you can survey in the rain without getting paper mache survey sheets!

Cons

The only issue I have encountered with Fuclrum is the accuracy of it's GPS tracking (which may actually be a device issue). This has sometimes led to individual small data points such as trees in a woodland being mapped a short, sometimes long, distance from their actual location. However, this is easily resolved within the app itself with patience.

RAGHU from PIKE Enterprises LLC

Fulcrum is excellent tool for Field Users

Solved issues related to Field Operations.

Pros

Offline capabilities, Easy to design forms

Cons

Reporting platform is not mature yet. Need Analytics

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Easy to use and forms design is simple

Jamie from UCLA

Industry: Public Safety

Good productive overall, could use improvement

Pros

I like how you can customize the applications depending on its use.

Cons

Exporting to excel could be cleaner, and navigating using the gps map always defaults to the other side of the country.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Hi Jamie, Thank you for your feedback. Have you reached out to our support team about the issues you are having with exporting to Excel and with the map defaulting to the other side of the country? If not, please do so by emailing support@fulcrumapp.com. They may be able to share some options to make working with Excel easier. Also, they can help you troubleshoot the issue you're having with the map defaulting to the other side of the country.

Broderick from Brown & Caldwell

Field Review of the Fulcrum System

Using Fulcrum, mainly the mobile application, has been a god sent. I do not like keeping up with paper reports and then transferring them to digital content and having to attach media to the now digital report. Having this platform and being able to attach my media (i.e. photos, videos, etc.) to my report all from one device and not having to transfer files back and forth from phone to computer any more if GREAT. In one action, I can complete multiple tasks at once.

Pros

What I like the most about Fulcrum is the ease of use while navigating around the app on mobile devices, no matter the OS of the device (i.e. iOS or Android) the Fulcrum application works great. I love having the ability to only have to use my tablet or my phone while completing field work and filling out field reports and then uploading them to the cloud. It's much better than having to keep track of everything with pen and paper.

Cons

I do not like Fulcrum when it comes to uploading media (i.e. Photos, etc.) to reports. Only limiting the user to select and upload one (1) photo at a time to the reports is beyond mildly frustrating. If I could select multiple photos at once from my mobile device's photo gallery and upload them all at the same time in one swoop, that would be FANTASTIC. But until that happens, I'm just going to have to get over it and deal with my frustrations. Otherwise, great experience using the mobile version of Fulcrum.

Berta from Ontario Pole Inspection Services Inc

Industry: Utilities

User Friendly, Cost Effective, Well worth the switch!

100% Satisfied, will continue using this program moving forward.

Pros

This software allows us to customize all apps, data collection to each of our vendors needs. The ability to change or modify the program in field instantly is a welcomed bonus and a big time savor. The unique build for each vendor allows for significantly less data collection errors.

Cons

Functions are different on different platforms. (Android/Apple)

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

User friendly, Customer Support, Cost Effective.

Shawn from Alonsa Conservation District

Industry: Environmental Services

Perfect for small organizations in need of a versatile and cost effective GIS platform.

My volunteer Board wanted me to have a way to re[port on issues throughout the area I work in and track field reports. Another great function is the ability to handle clients communications and billing with the software. If your business relies on GIS data Fulcrum is tough to beat.

Pros

-Ease of use -Quality of UI -Scalability -Data Security/integrity/accessibility -Versatility

Cons

-Honestly Fulcrum has fulfilled a large part of our data collection and management requirements. The one thing I can see that may draw me away is the fact that we have access to more complete GIS software packages that are able to perform many of the same functions and don't have subscription fees. That being said I would still be reluctant to stop using Fulcrum as it integrates with other software and is just so easy to teach my volunteer staff to use.

Reasons for Choosing Fulcrum

Ease of use, scalability and data integrity.

ethan from scottish water

fulcrum review

very positive.

Pros

For someone who does not have a coding background and was apprehensive about building an app, fulcrum was incredibly user friendly and i was able to produce an app that had all the functionality i required.

Cons

there were data protection issues with it with regards to my companies data strategy.

Brian from Settlemoir Consulting Services

Industry: Market Research

Excellent Product

Overall the experience with Fulcrum has been a game changer for my firm.

Pros

This product enables us to capture and review real-time data live as it happens. Customizable to many different situations very happy we went with Fulcrum

Cons

Id like to see more options for customer support and more options on reporting.

Great geo-app!

We collect thousands of data points annually using Fulcrum - it's greatly streamlined our field data collection processes for many different aspect of water quality research and stormwater management feature design, from soil test pits to infrastructure inspection. Without this software, we'd be struggling to scale our business.

Pros

Apps are easy to customize, near-infinite options for data collection, and great back-end data review options, plus tons of integration options with other software platforms.

Cons

I'd love to see collection of line/polygon features integrated. I'd also like to see the option to create custom reports (drag and drop) without consulting with Fulcrum's designers. And finally, I'd love to have the option to assign different icons based on status (not just color as the app currently allows).

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

We're so glad Fulcrum could help you scale your business! We love to hear stories like this. Thanks a lot for the feedback on what you would like to see in Fulcrum. Line and polygon support is something that we do get asked about from time to time. I wanted to let you know it is on our radar however it is something that would take a lot of development time to accomplish. We agree a drag and drop report builder would be awesome! We have had some talks about making it possible for users to make small edits to the default report template and this could expand in the future based on feedback. We are also exploring options for better symbology. There are some technical issues with the symbology being consistent across all platforms that the development team has to work though. If you have not shared these thoughts already, please feel free to send your ideas to support@fulcrumapp.com. User feedback is a big driver for our product roadmap.

Darren from Brixton Metals Corp

Industry: Mining & Metals

Capture Field Sample Descriptions without Internet or Cell Service

We use Fulcrum in the mineral exploration industry where our sampling crews capture their field sample descriptions on their Android phones. Android phones are simpler to use as we can load background maps as maptiles into the app (a bit tricky to load onto iPhones). Crews record sample descriptions, take sample photos, and capture GPS coordinates all with their phone. Cell phone service or Internet is not required while in the field. The sampling crew refresh their phone app when they get back to camp in the evening where satellite Internet is available. So by the end of the day everyone's field data has been uploaded to the cloud. Head office can view progress within a few hours either with the map viewer on the Fulcrum website or by loading into the company's GIS database.

Pros

The app and website are both easy to use. It was easy to set up the data capture templates using the website tools. The templates were then uploaded onto the user's phones by simply refreshing their app. The users require minimal training to use the app. Uploading the users data to a common cloud-based database by simply refreshing their app is probably the best feature of Fulcrum. No data loss and no duplication of data with multiple users. We also like the licensing. We are seasonal users. So during the off-season we just keep one account active in order to save our templates and access our database online.

Cons

No real cons. Probably could be advertised more with some real-world examples on how to utilize the software. We learned about Fulcrum word of mouth. Uploading background images could be easier. We currently create maptiles using TileMill which can be tricky.

Thes best mobile data collection software available

Fulcrum

Ioana-Maria from RPS Water

Industry: Utilities

Great app to use for data collection

It improved exponentially the quality of the data collection and removed completely the use of paper based packs.

Pros

The capability to create bespoke forms and have control over their updates.

Cons

I'd like if there could be more options for mobile users to use alternative tile sets. It accepts only MBtiles for now. For mobile app would be beneficial to have more filtering options. Potentially more tutorials from developers would be beneficial to have.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

We're so glad to hear that your data collection quality has improved exponentially since using Fulcrum! We do plan on exploring alternative tile-sets to MBTiles. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them with your Fulcrum Account Manager or our support team at support@fulcrumapp.com. Good news! Our mobile development teams are currently working on enhancing our filtering and sorting functionality. We do not have a estimated release date yet, but getting this released is a high priority to us.

Robert from Insignia Environmental

Industry: Environmental Services

Fulcrum is the perfect companion for field-based data collection

Our field staff love collecting data on this platform when compared to the "old" methods (paper and pencil, hard copy forms, Excel forms, etc.). Fulcrum is miles ahead of the competition.

Pros

Fulcrum is the perfect platform for our field data collection needs. The ability to prepare logic-based forms that direct users into collecting just the right information (not too little and not too much) is critical for our needs. The tool is extremely flexible and the development team is constantly improving features/functions. The API capabilities are game changers for us and how we interact with our data. Can't say enough good things about this platform!

Cons

I would like to see a reporting tool that allows users to build custom reports straight from their data without engaging additional professional services support offered by Fulcrum.

Craig from City of Yarra

Natural Asset Contract Management

Fulcrum has been an amazing experience and focus of constant improvement for Council's Parks, Trees and Bushland maintenance contract programs. All stakeholders have been very impressed by the flexibility to use and redesign each application to create greater operational efficiencies.

Pros

Designing the program to reflect contract KPIs has been instrumental in streamlining our contractor communication and compliance activities that drive monthly reporting. The fulcrum platform works on all our mobile devices without problem in the year we've worked with the product.

Cons

This spatial software uses 'pin drop' GIS points for recording data. Though there's a layer option to represent areas / polygons above the map, the pixel / resolution of our file was insufficient.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks for providing Fulcrum such a great review! We love to hear that we were able to help you streamline your contractor communication and compliance activities. We're so glad your stakeholders have been impressed by the flexibility we have to offer and your ability to create greater operational efficiencies. Have you talked with our support team about your issues with file resolution? If not, please reach out to support@fulcrumapp.com. We would love to know more and see if we can help you out.

Brandon from Aperia Technologies

Exactly what I was looking for

We use Fulcrum to record information about vehicles and our product in the field to ensure we have clean and organized records of work completed and issues encountered. This has unlocked immense value for us. It allows managers to review work to maintain high quality. Using Fulcrum has also allowed for large amounts of field data to be gathered and quickly transferred from our field team to our engineering team when necessary.

Pros

Possible to configure "apps" to suit our specific needs Easy to use Allows for instant sharing of valuable insights from the field between the field and office-based teams Ability to download well-organized data to .csv files Ability to work offline

Cons

There were some inefficiencies when building apps. While there are quite a few complex features that can be added to the apps, they are not easy to implement.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your review of Fulcrum! We're glad our app helps your managers maintain high quality of work, and has allowed you to gather and transfer from the field team to your engineering team quickly. We would love to hear more specifics about the difficulties you ran into while designing your app. We do aim to make Fulcrum as easy to use as possible, however, there are features that can be complex due to their flexibility and powerfulness. With features like these we do try to provide as much support as possible though. So feel free to reach out to our support team at support@fulcrumapp.com and see if they can give you a hand.

Chris from Brookwood Tree Consulting

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great data collection form building software

The software is well thought-out and easy to operate. This allows quick and efficient tree surveys and assessments.

Pros

I value the flexibility to collect the data needed for each project, which varies greatly. I can easily and quickly build just what I need and eliminate what I do not. This saves time, streamlines my workflow, and allows me to focus on creating value for clients.

Cons

Forms cannot be created, edited, or modified in the field. This requires me to ensure I have each app exactly as needed before leaving the office.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the excellent review, Chris! We're glad you are taking advantage of the flexibility Fulcrum has to offer, and it can support your needs as they change from project to project. Streamlining workflows is what we do best, so you can spend your time servicing your clients! Thanks for sharing your feedback on creating/editing/modifying an app in the field. The level of usability would have to be reduced from the robust nature of our web application if we were to offer that functionality on the mobile app. If you are in a connected environment, the web app can be logged into from a laptop and used from there. With that said, we will be sure to pass this feedback along to the product team as a feature request for you.

Chris from Brown and Caldwell

Fulcrum Review

Pros

Solid performance coupled with flexibility, features, and low cost

Cons

Enterprise integration was a long time coming

Patrick from Sequel

Shortcut to Efficiency & Organization

The fact that the software provides you the ability to collect data for a variety of needs and store/access all of that data in one place has brought a wealth of efficiency to our organization as well as those we support.

Pros

What I liked most about Fulcrum was that is has an easy to use configuration process for setting up apps and the Fulcrum Team is always working on ways to improve these processes and implement new ones. I specifically enjoy their latest update to the User Management page, it makes setting up and editing users very easy. Also, the Learning Portal and Support Team make your program learning experience a fulfilling experience.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike about the software.

Lee from Nelson County Road Department

Data Collection Software That Fills Our Needs

Fulcrum has been great in aiding in collecting data and it has been very useful in our daily operations.

Pros

The program is very customizable to suit our data collection needs. I currently use Fulcrum apps for Work Orders, Daily Reports, Traffic Sign Inventory, Drone Flight Logs, and more. I can use Fulcrum on my desktop computer and collect data out in the field with my phone or IPad. I also like being able to link two apps together. For instance , I log my work orders with my daily reports.

Cons

I wish the PDF Reports would be a little more customizable. Sometimes when I add photos to a report , there is a lot of empty space on a page causing the use of more paper and looking a little less professional.

Gary from Ambit Project Management, LLC

Good tech support

As mentioned previously I was impressed with there quick responses to my enquiries. I used another product before which was based out of country taking days not just hours. Secondly the software has been in use for so long by so many there wasnt much I had to contribute as upgrades.

Pros

The setup up was easy but most impressive was the help I received from tech support. Quick to respond and precise. After dissecting a few of their sample templates it became like a first language.

Cons

I found the reporting was a little rigid but was able to deal with the work arounds. I understand they have a pay service to customize reporting, but I tend to be a do it yourselfer and determined.

Superior Field Data Collection

Personally, I have appreciated the flexibility that Fulcrum provides. Their apps, APIs, and open source tools give you full control over your data. I highly recommend this as a data collection platform.

Pros

Fulcrum provides an impressive array of features and possibilities with their mobile data collection platform. The ability to manage apps and data using open standards and developer friendly APIs means that you can incorporate a superior data collection experience into your workflow, regardless of your existing technology footprint.

Cons

There are some advanced features of this platform that may be difficult for a beginner. However, it is very straight-forward for a beginner to get up and running with a simple data collection app.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review! We're glad you are enjoying the flexibility Fulcrum has to offer and that you're getting the most out of your API integration.

Fulcrum: A Flexible Solution

Overally my experience with Fulcrum has been wonderful. It met the initial need I had when I purchased a few years ago and has helped me grow my business as well.

Pros

Flexible platform. The software fully supports customers bringing their own opinions to the table to get work done their way.

Cons

Mobile app can be buggy at times (very rarely though).

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks so much for your review of Fulcrum! We're so glad our app could help you grow your business!

Mitch from Comcast NBC Universal

Excellent Tool - Highly recommend it!

Far too much to go into any detail - we have deployed approximately 12 different tools for a variety of our field personnel to identify and track plant damage, outage incident reporting, quality assurance, new construction deployments (project management) etc.

Pros

Scalability and ease in customizing based on need

Cons

Unable to incorporate PDF uploads

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied June 2019

We're glad you're enjoying Fulcrum, Mitch! Thank you letting others know.

jesse from PCC Trip Hazard Removal

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reliable

In my application, the sub meter accuracy is imperative. Fulcrum has the details that make my work show the pride that I take in my it.

Pros

The ease of use. Detail oriented. Great graphics. Quick and responsive to input.

Cons

Initial download was problematic. Service team was responsive and professional.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thank you for your review of Fulcrum! We're glad we can help you produce great work!

grant from Warehousing

Industry: Warehousing

OUTSTANDING

It has helped us improve our online business, with an app that can be customized to your requirements

Pros

It's easy to use and there are plenty of help forms if you get stuck

Cons

sometimes with exporting information can be confusing the first couple of times

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied May 2019

We're glad you're loving Fulcrum and it helped you improve your online business!

Good system, up and running in no time

Pros

Up and running in no time. Good bouquet of features

Cons

Cannot add custom features easilty and white labeling not offered

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

We're glad you're enjoying several of the features Fulcrum has to offer, and that you've found it easy to get up and running! We would love to hear more about what custom features you are looking for. We working on some changes within our app at the moment that, while these changes are not directly being done to support white labeling, it does address some of the technical needs white labeling requires.

Fulcrum for property inspections, condition auditing and asset management

Pros

Fairly low cost, low commitment. Highly customisable, agile and flexible. Very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Some more advanced features can cost more. Use of more advanced features does require more technical IT knowledge. Some limitations to the UX layout of the app

RJ from Lamplighter

Easy and fast data collection anywhere

Saved a lot of time in the field, and saved a lot of manpower and money not having to deal with paperwork or revisiting old sites because I couldnt read what I wrote

Pros

Fulcrum is easy to use, has several useful ways to integrate, and contains a powerful API for connecting to other back-end systems

Cons

(currently, use it on Android and on a windows desktop), and hopefully, they'll release a windows phone version.

Eric from Virginia Tech

Using Fulcrum to teach college students about urban forestry

Makes teaching college students about tree inventories in the urban forest so much easier. They are excited about the technology and find it easy to use.

Pros

Simple, logical, straightforward interfaces. Abundant built-in tips when designing data collection forms. Drop-and-drag features are nice. New users can get up to speed very quickly on using both the mobile app and the website 'control center'.

Cons

When you add a feature to a map while using the app in the field, it initially gives the feature map coordinates based on where the mobile device is located. If you aren't standing right at the feature you are mapping, then you have to adjust the location of the feature on the map after the data collection form opens. So this is an extra step in data collection. It would be better if the form automatically asked you to confirm the location of the feature on the map when you initially add the feature.

Gretchen from Affiliated with Keller Williams NWI

Data = Money

I don,t know of any other products in this niche but to me the capabilities working in the field are invaluable.

Pros

I am able to collect data and format it immediately into a useful data driven process. Eliminates extra steps. I am able to implement new functionality and fields as soon as I have the a ha moment. Sharing is great and immediate syncing.

Cons

Little control over the interface of the app or the data fields. Hard to re-order or group fields for easier input. If several photos are associated with one record I would like to be able to scroll through them. Currently you open one, close one, open another.

Jean-Franois from Idactif Conseil inc.

Fast, simple and reliable

We have a multitude of data gathering tasks on a very large property (1000+ acres) with a small team of 3 people. We prefer to develop small simple apps with no learning curves that work on personal phones and tablets. We also want 100% data reliability because ground surveys are time consuming and expensive. Fulcrum has allowed us to do this flawlessly during the last year.

Pros

The speed and ease with which you can develop and deploy an app for a specific task. Data reliability. A fine but not overwhelming feature set.

Cons

Data manipulation (such as batch deletes or edits) have to be made outside Fulcrum and reimported. No big deal, but you do have to be comfortable with data management using Excel and text editors.

Amlie from Innovterra

Industry: Farming

Amazing versability

Pros

What I like the most it that I can build almost any forms that I need for my work (I'm a vegetable crop advisor) to collect data from the field. It's user friendly and I've got a very good customer service with the team when needed.

Cons

Almost nothing. Every little bug was quickly fixed by the Fulcrum team.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied April 2019

Thank you for reviewing Fulcrum app! We're glad you are enjoying the versatility Fulcrum has to offer, to support your business needs!

Fulcrum advantage and area to improve

Pros

Easy to use compared to several other smlar applications.

Cons

It became more costly application compared to similar apps.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

We're glad you found Fulcrum to be easy to use! We pride ourselves on being one of the most affordable mobile data collection solutions available. Since conception, our team worked steadily to continually improve our platform with additions and updates to help our users streamline their workflows.

anthony from Northpower

Fulcrum Comments

Overall for me fulcrum is good

Pros

Its very easy to use as far as my work is concern.

Cons

sometimes there are some data or information not syncronized with the field, so I'm not able to see it on my end.

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Hi Anthony, Thanks so much for your review of Fulcrum! We're glad you find it so easy to use. Have you reached out to our support team about your data not synchronizing? If not, please do by emailing support@fulcrumapp.com! The most common reasons for records not syncing to the server is that the sync is run when there is no, or a poor, network connection, when the record is rejected by the server due to a permission change,(record is assigned to another user or project the user does not have access to), or the original record was deleted from the server. Our support team should be able to get to the bottom of the issue for you.

Zack from BluRoc LLC

Useful tool

Has been a vital tool for our safety department

Pros

Its search-ability and ease of use. App is very easy to use

Cons

Custom forms must be created by Fulcrum

Robin from Green Stream Lawn and Vegetation Management

So easy to use

Pros

The ease of use, and how quick fulcrum helps me customize my apps

Cons

The PDF reports that are generated are not customizable,

Andre from Sanctuary Retreats

Fulcrum

Centralising all of our data collection very easily

Pros

Ease of use, and very easy to adapt to specific needs

Cons

Monthly fees, although it is good value for money

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the review, Andre. We're glad you're able to centralize your data collection efforts using Fulcrum's customizable, easy-to-use platform!

Rudolf from Asplundh

Fulcrum - Asset Management

Pros

Fulcrum is easy to use and understand, the interface was clean and uncomplicated. I used the software for asset auditing purposes specifically because Fulcrum enabled me to capture and store information about various types of assets with detailed photos including GPS coordinates and date and time information. The form setup made it easy to manage the workflow and data entry to ensure consistent results. The advanced search function made it easy to filter the data to find and compare information across multiple assets and locations.

Cons

I found the synchronization process to be slow at times.

Andrew from Arboriculture Consultancy Group

Recording tree risk data

Fulcrum has provided a simple solution to recording data in the field. It has suffered the usual pricing fluctuations as it has established but is a totally functional system that saves time and effort.

Pros

PDF reports are the most useful feature for me and enables a quick and precise download of relevant information to compile my report. Ease of creating specific designs and altering layout in the field

Cons

GPS is sometimes glitchy and especially where reception is weak

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your review of Fulcrum, Andrew! We're glad you are enjoying the reports so much. Unfortunately, GPS reception is not something that we have any control over. Fulcrum obtains the location information from the mobile device, which in turn obtains the location data from the built-in GPS chip or an external GPS device that is paired to the device. If you are using the built-in GPS getting a, external GPS like a Garmin Glo or similar may help. These devices typically have the same accuracy (~3 meters) but tend to be a more reliable than the internal GPS chips when working in environments that have some interference.

Ahmed from Government organisation

Great App

It is a great app for data collection. The best I use

Pros

Easy to customize and use. Very simple to download data There is an option for developers Excellent customer service

Cons

Interfaces Geo photos Flexible in all options

Jesper from Engine

Data Collection on Steroids !

Pros

As long as the tablet has power you can use the data collection features - live connection not required ! API Is easy to use

Cons

Not sure there is a least at this moment. I can see situations where the forms could be even more customizable, but at the same time, the ease of use is a hard thing to give up !

Stephen from TRC environmental

Industry: Environmental Services

Great product for field data capture

Fantastic product. Very technically sound.

Pros

Ability to customize to fit into existing data workflows

Cons

Lack of account options for enterprise-level use

Louie from Improve Group

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Love Fulcrum

Being a Project Manager, I need to be able to add information to the various projects that I work on. Fulcrum allows me the opportunity to do that.

Pros

The easy way to capture information and sort it into various project folders. This includes dimensional info as well as photos.

Cons

I have no negative issues with this product.

Justin from Degenkolb Engineers

Fulcrum is Awesome

Overall, we have been highly successful with using Fulcrum for our projects and it has played a critical element for winning new jobs. Our clients love our data collection services that we provide to them, and it would not have been possible without Fulcrum.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive interface, very powerful data collection tool that is highly customizable for each project

Cons

Cannot do mass deletions of data; need to create a new database and only upload the data that you want remaining

Jessica from First Response Metering

Great software

Pros

Does what our company needs it for. Works great, takes a bit getting used to but not too hard to get around.

Cons

It's small item, but scrolling in pages is a bit difficult,

Response from Spatial Networks

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the great review of Fulcrum app, Jessica!

Very helpful tool

Pros

Cons

Using the API could be easier if the data was stored on the server end in a more intuitive way.

Rick from LSPWCD

Great Time Saver

This software allows me to enter data once and not have to try to read my bad hand writing. I can do field work and come back to the office and already have the data without reentering it again.

Pros

This software has sped up my workflow greatly.

Cons

Would be nice to have some sort of global update for your data

Steven from EFU Exploration

Industry: Mining & Metals

Fulcrum Review

I think Fulcrum is a fantastic product. I am very happy with the ease-of-use of the app, data validation capabilities, the rich data deliverables that I can obtain using Fulcrum, and the streamlining of our field data collection procedures.

Pros

Fulcrum allows a user to leverage a lot of data from a smartphone/tablet and to standardize the data collection procedure. In my case, using Fulcrum has streamlined data entry and significantly improved data quality.

Cons

I would like to have more functionality for offline use. Because it's a cloud-based service there are limitations to using it in areas where there is no cellular coverage.