All SurveyMonkey Reviews

Kristi

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

SurveyMonkey Review: Is A Turn Key Tool.

FAIBREY

Farming, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Data Collection and Analysis Master

It has simplified to a great extent on how we gather information from our customers and employees. It has improved on time taken to complete a research topic, materials needed for the task, saving costs and accuracy of collected data.

PROS

The first beautiful thing I like is that their website and the mobile application are very responsive and have a great user interface that enables us to complete tasks in a short period of time. On features, I am impressed that it gives me well made templates on how i want my questionnaire to look like. I do not need special designing skills as everything is already set and I just need to input my questions and type of responses to be expected. Previously, we did not have many formatting options on questions and answers but now the vendor is working hard in making sure that they simplify everything for us. After deploying our questionnaires, we do not need much time to group and analyse data as everything comes already grouped and analysed. We just need to interpret the results to ensure both employee and customer satisfaction.

CONS

The only time I had troubles was when i was using the mobile application to create a questionnaire and I closed the app before completion. All my work was lost as it did not save it automatically and I had to start again. Another problem is that it does not allow work to be done offline.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey is simple to use and it had great interface. It also runs frequent promotions that enable us to save.

Fishery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Can't think of a better software for our forms and surveys

SurveyMonkey has been very very handy for our form and survey needs. We mainly use it to manage the registrations and attendee feedback for our events. We used to use Google Forms but it was nowhere near as advanced as SM. It's easy to set up, has lots of advanced form fields like hidden fields and conditional fields, and has better reporting features. Great tool to have overall

PROS

Th etemplate library has dozens of ready-made event-related forms and surveys. It's saved us time from having to design them ourselves, and it's given us new ideas for different fields and question types. The interface also looks smooth and is easy to use for our respondents.

CONS

The lower-tier limits are a bit too low in my opinion. We had to upgrade before we could become 100% confident about using it.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey had the best pricing for the limits we wanted, and it looked more than enough for what we needed.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Google Forms was very basic and didn't have a lot of design options and templates as most other form and survey tools. We decided to make the switch after our events grew past a certain audience.

Kristen

Biotechnology, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

It does the job but leaves much to be desired.

I’m glad it exists - it helped me make surveys. But even though you are grateful for it, you can still bemoan it’s terrible ability to be used by a team, and it’s reliance on the perfect survey maker.

PROS

It’s easy to make multiple surveys and it prompts you to customize them. The surveys look great and encourage people to take them!

CONS

The team function works terribly. It was impossible for multiple people to edit the survey prior to sending and it also doesn’t check for question accuracy. For example, a question that’s clearly a checkbox in the sound of it should not be able to be published if checkboxes aren’t an option for it.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

Survey monkey had a better interface and there was more customization possible.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

They didn’t look professional enough and didn’t seem secure.

Aria

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Survey your customers with ease

PROS

A no-frills software to capture customer information. Does exactly what you need it to, surveys are customizable and function well. We love using this software for capturing customer information

CONS

There isn't anything that stands out as a con for this software, I will say that the surveys could offer more options for customization but it isn't necessary for the performance or function of the software.

Abhuday

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Software to create absorbing online survey ,quiz and feedback forms.

It is very helpful tool and every one should have an at least free account.

PROS

You can create survey for events, course evaluation, university instructor evaluation, event feedback, contact information.It's better option than google form and most of the features are free to use.Very efficient solution for university and colleges.

CONS

Some more features like sliders and ranking should be added in free plan to make it more effective.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

It is more cost effective and efficient for personal use.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Slider, Ranking and Rating scale option are very useful for creating MCQ .Question Bank is very helpful to get the right question for the survey.

Atour

Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Productivity is increased by using the extensive toolkit to quickly and easily produce surveys.

Providing surveys to our employees and gathering their answers while maintaining the anonymity of identifiable information proved to be a challenging task. Additionally, it was difficult to convince staff members to devote the necessary time to finish them.

PROS

Based on survey responses from our clients, it helps to enhance the classes taught by certain teachers. It was useful to us in determining the interest level of a group of people in teaching. It is a fantastic opportunity for us to interact with staff members and get their opinions before making decisions that could affect them, or simply to find out what they think of particular features or improvements made to the company.

CONS

designs for surveys. More design possibilities is something I would like to see presented. Although mostly easy to use, it can be challenging to navigate. It may be difficult for smaller companies to fully utilize the tool due to the basic plan's lack of sophisticated capabilities.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

To verify how the approval process functions in real time, I typically need to conduct a few test runs.

Guy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Simple or complex surveys made easy

Good overall experience, would always be my first choice/recommendation

PROS

It's really developed a lot since the early days, seems anything's possible now with the format and style of questions, but it's still easy to keep things simple and create great looking surveys

CONS

The data export can be a little clumsy unless you set up the survey exactly right

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

Extra functionality, which costs more, but is sometimes needed

1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Survey monkey

Overall it looks great and is a really useful tool

PROS

Its a user friendly way to create surveys and get data from your audience

CONS

It's good quality but can be expensive if you need more than 2 people on it

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

It looked more professional and had more data analytic options

Theresa

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Great Tool

Very useful. Mostly user friendly and easy to customize.

PROS

Easy to customize for our needs. Easy to design questions.

CONS

Some aspects aren't as user friendly, harder to get data.

Denise

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2024

PROS

It is easy to set up and directions are comprehensive

CONS

Reporting is lacking for non premium membership

Ben

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Aesthetically pleasing, effective, and highly customizable

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with SurveyMonkey for our organization's needs. Working for a social organization, our marketing efforts deviate from the standard corporate or business needs. One of our biggest efforts is receiving feedback from programming or educational content and SurveyMonkey has been instrumental in allowing us to do that.

PROS

Having used other products similar to SurveyMonkey, I can safely say that SurveyMonkey is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Its customization allows for branding and personalizing forms to keep marketing efforts in-line with brand standards.

CONS

To have access to more robust analytics, it requires a higher paid plan, which is unfortunate. Paying for a mid-tier option, it feels like those analytics should be included.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

I think SurveyMonkey's ease of access, user-friendly interface, and affordability were all considered in making this the final selection for our organization.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

Our desire to make the switch to SurveyMonkey is contained within the name; surveys. Wufoo was a little more form-dense, while SurveyMonkey was better for surveying and engaging our members and soliciting their feedback. It was simply a better fit for our needs.

Shaun

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2021

The original easy to use tool, now with a ton more features and functionality.

Overall SurveyMonkey is still our go-to tool for measuring employee experience and receiving feedback, while the simple visualizations of our data has proven to be a big bonus in analyzing the data to make decisions around which actions to take to action the data.

PROS

The SurveyMonkey tool has evolved from its original format to grow exponentially in the number of features it offers, but has maintained its core value proposition which has always been ease of use. Understanding the layout and how to build surveys is easy and straightforward, and a quick search of the help materials can explain more intricate functionality that you may want (such as customization and survey logic.) From there SurveyMonkey has evolved to include excellent dashboards to visually display and share the live survey results with others. This feature is especially useful for providing senior leaders insight into the data without having to send around static documents that may change as more responses are received.

CONS

The licensing and pricing structure can initially be confusing and the way individual user data is stored makes it difficult to move from multiple small accounts to a large enterprise account without a lot of consolidation work.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

Ease of Use. Dashboard Visualizations. Variety of options to send surveys. How customizable it is.

Eva

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Does it's Job, but not always the job you want

Overall I think Survey Monkey is a great tool for those doing general surveys, market research, customer research and some evaluation feedback. However for those looking to do actual data mining- I would go with a more sophisticated system like Qualtrics.

PROS

Survey Monkey is an easy platform to use. Many questions are already built into the program if you need them. The platform is user-friendly and allows for different formats of questions. It also allows you to add logic (ie: if they answer this, then go to that) formats. You can also add design elements so that you can brand it to your company. Sending out the surveys is also made simple, in that you can send a link, load a group into the program or a variety of other methods.

CONS

I have a problem with this software when it comes to analyzing my results. For one, I do not like the options they give you around exporting the data. I wish their was more customization around this. Especially when I have very specific data I want to compare, the .xls is formatted in a way that I have to go in and edit each individual question. I wish I could choose exactly the data I want to export so that I can easily develop my own graphs vs. having to rely on the survey monkey versions. I also wish their was an option to build out a .pdf of the data in a way that works for me. I would MUCH rather edit a .pdf as I am am building out my data story then have to go in an edit each individual question again. I just wish their were more ways to build out data vizualization pieces after the data is collected.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

I ended up choosing Survey Monkey because my company has been using it longer and is more affordable.

Aaron

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

For Businesses Wanting to Learn from Their Customers, SurveyMonkey Can Help!

PROS

The best feature of SurveyMonkey is how customizable everything is. Right down to the little details, like placing our company logo onscreen, or how you can review what edits will look like on mobile devices versus PCs. In the many years that our RV park has used SurveyMonkey, we've never found there was something we could NOT do with it. Instead, we regularly find ourselves coming up with new ideas for our guest survey based on the feature suite and updates.

CONS

If there is an of SurveyMonkey to not enjoy, it is that certain advanced features are locked behind different tiers of services. However, all the rate plans are reasonably priced, and honestly, every analytics software on the market has the same practices.

Reason for choosing SurveyMonkey

Ease of use and customization offered at that time.

Mangesh

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Best tool for surveys and information gathering

As a DevOps engineer in health care organization, we frequently seek feedback from stakeholders/customers on our product, SurveyMonkey is the best tool to get the quickly feedback from customers so that we can improve our product in next iterations.

PROS

This is the best tool for gathering the customer/stakeholder requirement. As an agile this is most efficient way to collaborate with stakeholders to get feedback on product increments.

CONS

Over all the website / survey page look OK however User interface has to be more eye soothing. Most of the time I have seem, surveyMonkey emails are residing in spam/junk folder in my outlook. As compared to other survey tools I don't see Survey Monkey has any such cons.

Reasons for switching to SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey is best, easy to understand even for non-technical guys so we opted SurveyMonkey over Google Forms.

Rob

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Power your surveys with SurveyMonkey

Recently I was reading often about the SurveyMonkey app and that many people use it and finally decided to try it and see whether is cool or not. I was little skeptic at the beginning but when I created my account and saw the design and how easy it is to work with the app I got involved with it. As I said earlier it brings joy to create your surveys such easy and finally they look even better than you imagined. I think this app can help many personal needs as students, pupils and some kind of personal surveys. Also, the app is very cool and powerful for big business surveys which can save you a lot money, find what people think about your product, help people to register for the event and many more things to do. I pretty recommend it for everyone who wants to power his or her business and personal needs.

PROS

I think this is a cool software because of: 1. It is very easy to use web application. 2. It has an intuitive design and you do not have to waste time in understanding how to create your survey. Everything can be done in a few minutes. 3. You can either create the survey on your own or you can even just answer some questions and the program will create the survey for you. Of course, you will need to edit it a bit, but with automatic creation, it will save you much time creating the design of different questions. 4. Your questions can be very variable - you can use text boxes, multiple choices, insert images, you can use register forms, radio buttons and many more things which will help you express your idea. 5. You can implement logic in your questions which for me is very cool because you can skip or show some questions based on the answers of people. 6. Another powerful tool is that you can get a link to your survey and send it through e-mail, facebook or other social media, you can even embed it to your website - no need to print the survey and go and give it to everyone. 7. When you got the answers, the info is all there and the app visualizes it to you with such cool charts. Even though you can edit the charts and if you do not like them you can choose what is best for your needs or understanding. 8. And finally, there is a responsive design which in nowadays I think is very important because your survey will get to your clients in the best way.

CONS

I didn't found any inconvenience using the app so I think it supports many things and it gives you a good feeling using it. Maybe some people will not like that for some features you need to pay some price, but I think the price is very good for the many features it brings to you. And if you want powerful surveys, this is your app.

1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Great Option

Overall, SurveyMonkey is a great option for businesses and individuals who need to create and distribute surveys. It's easy to use, affordable, and offers powerful analytics tools. However, if you need to create complex surveys or are concerned about data security, you may want to consider a more specialized survey tool.

PROS

User-friendly: SurveyMonkey is very easy to use, even for people with no experience in survey creation. The drag-and-drop interface makes it simple to add questions, customize the look and feel of the survey, and set up advanced features like branching and logic.Affordable: SurveyMonkey offers a variety of pricing plans to fit any budget. The free plan is a great option for small businesses or individuals who only need to create a few surveys. Paid plans offer additional features and functionality, such as unlimited surveys, advanced reporting, and data export.Powerful analytics: SurveyMonkey's analytics tools make it easy to understand your survey results. You can view charts and graphs, filter data, and export results to Microsoft Excel or CSV files.Integrations: SurveyMonkey integrates with a variety of other popular business apps, such as Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office. This makes it easy to collect data from your surveys and sync it with your other business systems.

CONS

Limited customization: SurveyMonkey's templates and themes provide a good starting point, but you may find that you need to customize the look and feel of your surveys to match your brand or corporate identity.Not ideal for complex surveys: SurveyMonkey is best suited for simple surveys with a few questions. If you need to create a complex survey with multiple branching questions, logic, or other advanced features, you may want to consider a more specialized survey tool.Data security: SurveyMonkey takes data security seriously, but there have been some security breaches in the past. If you're concerned about data security, you may want to consider using a more secure survey tool.

Sara

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2019

You get what you pay for, or in this case what you don't.

For a free service, it certainly gets the job done! The hardest part is condensing what you'd like to ask in only 10 questions. If you're looking for something that will let you dig a little deeper, you might need to try another service or pay for the premium version.

PROS

Plain and simple, Survey Monkey does what is says it will help you do; create a short survey that can easily be shared with others. Each question can be customized to gather the data you're looking for. You are able to easily select what type of question you would like (i.e., multiple choice, open ended) and then add on things like having the user explain why they chose that answer. A feature that I especially like is that you can select whether you would like the question to be mandatory or not. This way, you can make sure you're getting the most information from each user that views the survey. I also really like that Survey Monkey will e-mail notifications to let you know that people are taking your survey and then summarize the information so that you can keep track of how many people are providing you with information.

CONS

At the end of the day Survey Monkey is a business that wants to make money. While they offer a free service, they try at every turning point (or page click) to get your money. They suggest features to make your survey better and ultimately, most of it is click bate in order for you to look at their "premium" options. It is relatively annoying and does take up some time when you get to the end of building your survey only to realize they aren't going to let you use a well liked feature. So, you get what you pay for, if you're not paying, you're not getting anything spectacular.

Samridh