All ACCEO Smart Vendor Reviews

Tamara

Reviewed April 2024

Easy to use with great customer support

Very good. The customer support is fantastic, they are responsive, polite, and easy to communicate with

PROS

The initial training sessions were invaluable in providing comprehensive detailed support for getting started. The ease of use is greatly appreciated

CONS

The inability of the search function to find related items. For example, if you are looking for strawberries, it will display "strawberries," but not "giant strawberries" or "organic strawberries" as it only searches in alphabetic order

Reason for choosing ACCEO Smart Vendor

They were not supported, too expensive and there were inconsistencies that I felt would raise problems later on.

Reasons for switching to ACCEO Smart Vendor

Technical issues, glitches in the system, poor customer support and it wasnt meering my needs. Not enough options for inventory management

Samantha

A POS System that is worth while

I have used this program for over 15 years, and throughout the years they have been continuously improving upon the overall running of the program. I love when they add extra features and change things up every now and then. Without this system I don't think we would have survived COVID! The online integration was the best and saved us!

PROS

I love the ease that the program provides. It is easy to use and user friendly. We have staff that range in age from 18-80, so the system needed to be able to accommodate that, and it does and more!

CONS

There are some more features i would love to have, but understandable that not everyone would need them.

Reason for choosing ACCEO Smart Vendor

The alternative product at the time was absolutely horrible. I had downloaded a free trial of the competitors software and it crashed out the computer so bad, that i actually had to replace the computer. At the time they said that there was nothing they could do then ghosted me. Smartvendor has always been easy to reach and answer all questions that i have with patience and care.

SARITA

Reviewed April 2024

ACCEO Smart Vendor can be improved.

Overall Experience is good. But smart vendor can be improved, and it can be more user friendly.

PROS

Sales register is easy to operate. Report Generator is beneficial.

CONS

1. Store Transfer can be improved and there should be option to delete store transfer after issuing because sometimes we cancelled store transfers. 2. In stock details there should be two Cloums to enter product price because sometimes we receive item on discount so that it will be easy to keep a track if its discounted item we can sell on good discount. 3. Printers that provided with the smart vendor should be high quality and supported colored and big size labels.

Kristy

More user friendly

We like this system with all its little quirks. Once you know how to use it with all the keyboard commands, you will love it. From a new employee standpoint, they like that you have the keyboard commands on the screen. All I have to say is look at the bottom of the screen. It's very overwhelming but gets easier the more you use it.

PROS

We were looking for an easy-to-use program that everyone would understand and be able to problem solve on their own.

CONS

Debit machine restarting procedure. When we first got the system debit restart was quick and easy. One step. But now since we had to change and do programming updates, restating is now 10-15mins process. But with 4-5 steps. My staff still have a hard time figuring it out. When I am on vacation, this is normally when it goes down and won't restart. I have made a step-by-step guide for my staff on how to restart but sometimes it will not. I have had them call in but usually happens after hour and you guys are closed. So, they have to wait for the emergency call back to come in. The other thing I don't like it doesn't build your Purchase orders. But its not a deal breaker.

Reason for choosing ACCEO Smart Vendor

We had Armagh POS before. Not in the list but yes, we switched products.POS was over 10–12-year-old (I think) New [sensitive content hidden] wanted a better user-friendly system.

Reasons for switching to ACCEO Smart Vendor

System was getting too old. New [sensitive content hidden] wanted a more user-friendly system. It was a good machine just too many steps to do thru the day. Leave one screen to go and do something, back to another screen etc..

Stacey

ACCEO Smart Vendor Review

Overall, we have had a positive experience using the POS system and a good working relationship with the Smart Vendor team and we are happy thus far. The tech support team however is what makes using the POS System easier and less stressful. When there are issues, and we do get them, they are instrumental in keeping the system working and eliminating our frustrations when we encounter issues.

PROS

I am happy with the functions we use and the possibility to add more features we feel are necessary for the day to day functions of our business. The Tech support team has always been outstanding in assisting us at any given time which leaves us very comfortable in our day to day operations

CONS

The customized reporting is not user friendly and therefore we don't use the function. User friendly would enable us to do so. The Smart Vendor, Octopus is at times not user friendly when operating our online site. Not being able to use smart vendor alone to publish to our site creates more work and becomes very time consuming.

Nicole

ACCEO user friendly

Been using Smart Vendor at my store for over 10yrs. First few yrs as a employee, then for the last 10 as the owner. I appreciate Smart Vendors features as they suit all my needs in reporting, ordering, and POS. I love that there is a PROMO file in the system that tracks frequent buyer purchases. Seems other systems do not have this feature as when I talk to others they still track manually. And I cannot say enough about the Customer Service department. Sales have always been helpful in what I seek. IT has been exceptional in assisting me when I need help.

PROS

User Friendly If you understand spreadsheets, its easy to understand how the reports work Customer Service has always been very helpful to get me up and running when there has been any issues, I truly hope it is NOT sourced out overseas!! IT also listens to my needs and gets things fixed. PROMO file...tracking frequent buyer purchases is a Great feature!

CONS

Being this is the only system I am familiar with, I cannot tell you what I am missing!

Joanne

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Smart Vendor keeps us on track.

Support from Smart Vendor is fantastic. Setting up was a big job; the training was professional and user friendly and the ongoing support is always excellent.

PROS

I took possession of fairly well stocked yarn store that was run by a calculator, pen and notebook! I could not have expanded without SV. My inventory has more than doubled in the last 10 years and I have added an online store. Smart Vendor tracks all my inventory so that the online store doesn't oversell what is actually in stock. As well, checking out in store is easy and effortless with coded labels and a barcode scanner.

CONS

I do find the reports area somewhat daunting. Thankfully, support has saved a few reports that I can edit and use again and again.

Reason for choosing ACCEO Smart Vendor

Smart Vendor was recommended by a couple of other local businesses.

years with smart Vendor

It has been a bit of a love hate relationship.

PROS

Consignment inventory management. Regular updates and access to support when needed.They have been good when needed.

CONS

Inflexible I have asked for a few years now a change to a part of the consignment look up.So far it has yet to be addressed again with us personally.So not pleased with that. Lastly the annual cost is outrageous and we hardly use the support. So free money to you guys. There should be a discount scale for users that rarely use the support. Like a good account discount based on the use of the support system.

Linda

Retail, 11-50 employees

Smart Vendor

PROS

Smart Vendor has the capability of managing multi tiered matrixes. They are one of the few POS retail systems that allows for this and it is pretty user friendly

CONS

Upgrades for issues we run into are not always addressed. For example we are a multi location business and we need to see client purchases made in other locations. We cannot see this. We need to contact other locations to manually get this information. This is a major downfall for us.

Peter

System 1 testing

Good for now. We need much better training on the inventory scanner

PROS

System Change. For something bigger Something better.

CONS

Cost of inventory scanner. !! Don’t even use it. Because we don’t know how. !! Poor training on this!! Peter.

Reasons for switching to ACCEO Smart Vendor

For something better. Looking forward to impoverishing.

Robert

Reviewed September 2023

Overall Review of Smart Vendro

At first Acceo was great after COVID we dont know if Acceo is the right fit due to most products selling online and the integration is quite complicated compared to other POS systems.

PROS

That everything can be tracked from PO# all the way through to a sale.

CONS

There are features that are not available which other companies provide with there POS system.Every thing has to be developed and priced out.

Reason for choosing ACCEO Smart Vendor

[sensitive content hidden] was the one to come to our company and demonstrate how Acceo would work best for us.

We're glad to hear that you find our system capable of tracking everything from PO# all the way through to a sale. We understand the importance of comprehensive tracking in business operations. We apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced with features not being readily available. Your feedback is valuable, and we're constantly working to improve our system. If there are specific features you feel are missing, please let us know. We understand that the shift to online sales, especially in the wake of COVID-19, has posed challenges for many businesses. Integration can indeed be complex, and we're committed to simplifying this process to better suit your needs. We'd be happy to discuss your specific integration concerns in more detail. Your feedback is important to us as it helps us enhance our services to better meet the evolving needs of our customers. Please feel free to reach out to our support team at SmartVendor.CustomerSuccess@acceo.com to discuss any specific issues or requirements you have, and we'll do our best to assist you. Thank you for choosing us as your POS provider, and we hope to continue serving you effectively in the future.

Replied October 2023

Roger

Reviewed September 2023

Need modernization

PROS

Great tool to be used in a small business operated by mom or dad, without the need of special customized report or screens. Very simple and limited.

CONS

In 2023 this application should be more user friendly to access product and to generate reports, screens and menus need upgrades. Report writer is still in the 90's development.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our application. We genuinely appreciate your insights as they help us improve our product. We're thrilled to hear that you find our tool beneficial for small businesses without the need for complex customization. However, we also understand your concerns about the user-friendliness, screen and menu upgrades, and the report writer. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we are actively working to address these issues. In our commitment to providing a better user experience, we have a roadmap for improvements, including enhancing the accessibility of our products and modernizing the interface to meet the standards of 2023. We acknowledge that the report writer may feel outdated, and we are diligently working on ways to better meet the needs of our users. Your input is essential in guiding our development efforts, and we hope that as we make these enhancements, you'll find our application more intuitive and efficient for your business needs. Please keep an eye out for updates, and feel free to reach out with any additional suggestions or feedback you may have smartvendor.customersuccess@acceo.com . Once again, thank you for choosing our product, and we appreciate your valuable feedback in helping us improve. Manager, Customer Success ACCEO Retail Solutions

Replied September 2023

Lacey

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Great System

The customer support is amazing, they log onto your computer and get things fixed really quick, I really appreciate their customer support. The system is not very complex, so it's quick to learn for anyone!

PROS

I really like the inventory management and the ordering system, there are a few things I would change specifically for our store but I think most people would say the same.

CONS

I don't love how much access staff can get, seems like it is an all or nothing access and I would prefer more options.

Reason for choosing ACCEO Smart Vendor

seemed like the best fit for us at the time

Dear Lacey, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for ACCEO Smart Vendor POS and retail management system. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the inventory management and ordering system. It's great to know that our system was a good fit for your store. We understand your concern about staff access and would love to set up a call to discuss your needs. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on improving our system to provide more flexible access options. We would like to meet so we can take your feedback into consideration as we continue to develop and improve our system. Please contact smartvendor.customersuccess@acceo.com to book an appointment with the Customer Success manager to discuss. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience with our customer support team. We are committed to providing excellent customer service and we are glad that we were able to help you quickly resolve any issues you had. Thank you for choosing ACCEO Smart Vendor POS and retail management system. We appreciate your business and hope to continue to provide you with the best service possible.

Replied March 2023

Derek

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2018

Slow development and improvement, lack of various features, not recommended for major use

The only benefit we have received from this software is an introduction into the realm of POS software, and a medium to cause us to decide to invest in a better quality system.

PROS

Smart Vendor is a fairly simple, contained system. All modules are under one window--Sales Register, Stock File, and System Setup, along with many more options. Basic sales entry is clear and simple for the most part, and training employees has gone fairly smoothly, within minimal time.

CONS

Lacks features such as reading certain styles of barcodes from variable weight scale stickers. Only reads the standard format, which makes problems with plu numbers longer than 4 digits. Has many options and modules that are not self-explanatory, and appear to be not generally useful. Does not natively support gift cards. It does have a gift certificate management, but that is fairly useless because you cannot redeem less than the total amount of the certificate. Thus we go back to pen and calculate the difference, and write it on the certificate. Smart Vendor also does not support import and export of data. The stock-file interface that you must use to enter and edit stock items is not efficiently designed. We chose this software over another similar system because Smart Vendor promised to implement penny rounding functionality sooner than the competitor. (In Canada, pennies have become obsolete). But it turned out that the competition had developed that feature quite a bit sooner than Smart Vendor--who had passed their promised date.

Thank you for the review of ACCEO Smart Vendor¿s easy to navigate and easy use to use interfaces. The Penny Rounding Update for Smart Vendor was made available to your store in November, 2013, as part of your annual Customer Care Support Plan. Unfortunately, your store¿s support plan lapsed a few months after that, and therefore the store did not keep pace with new software features or maintenance development. Smart Vendor does have the ability to scan and decode Random Weight Barcodes (deli counter type barcodes). The Gift Certificate feature allows you to refund the difference to a credit note, or any other form of payment that the consumer may redeem at a future date. Our web based gift card module is an integrated function in the sales register which helps track residual value . Our Smart Data Import Module has evolved into an extremely powerful tool for regularly importing supplier product lists, adding products and updating costs. We would be pleased to speak with you further.

Replied May 2018

Dean

Farming, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

SmartVendor Review

Product Support is a must even if you only use it once in a while. They are all very knowledgeable and helpful and response time is very fast.

PROS

It is easy to use and set up products and when you get stuck the product support team is the best I have ever experienced.

CONS

If I had more understanding of the system when we started out I would have set products up differently. i.e. making changes to products for grouping and matrix means you first have to delete the current listing and then rebuild, in doing this you loose all previous sales data. Not sure if this could have been mitigated in training or if it was just us as we were new to opening a store and cataloguing products.

Reason for choosing ACCEO Smart Vendor

It was recommended to us by another retailer with a similar store as ours. Price point was comparable to other POS out there so we just went with ACCEO

Dear Dean, Thank you for your review of Acceo Smart Vendor. We're happy to hear our support team has been a highlight for you. Your feedback regarding the product setup process is noted and with feedback like this, we can continue to improve our processes. Our support team is here to provide knowledge and training to help you get the most from our system. You can contact us for more information at SmartVendor.CustomerSuccess@acceo.com. We appreciate that you chose us based on recommendations and found our pricing competitive. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to serving your business needs.

Replied July 2023

Sherry

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Always helpful

Very good customer service anytime I’ve called

PROS

Anytime I have a issue the computer techs are so helpful and patience

CONS

I hate that I’m not trained enough to do the things I want

Reason for choosing ACCEO Smart Vendor

It was the best choice at the time

Reasons for switching to ACCEO Smart Vendor

To be able to print labels and control stock

Dear Sherry, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We're thrilled to hear that you find our team helpful and patient whenever you encounter any issues. We understand that learning new software and technology can sometimes be challenging, and we're here to support you every step of the way. If you're interested, we do offer online training sessions to help improve your skills in using our POS system. Feel free to contact our customer service team at smartvendor.customersuccess@acceo.com to inquire about upcoming training opportunities. We're glad that Acceo Smart Vendor has been a good fit for you and has allowed you to print labels and control stock more efficiently. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we'll continue to strive to provide excellent customer service. Thank you once again for your kind words.

Replied May 2023

Josie

Reviewed October 2022

Still using after 18 years

Overall my experience has been good. Customer Service has mostly been good . Lately it seems to have more problems that take longer to be resolved, or no one gets back to me if they do get resolved. I'm still having issues with some of the integrations with Shopify. There are some limitations.

PROS

What my staff and I like most is the customer information. It's very handy to look up sizes and brands that customers have previously purchased.

CONS

There are some reporting missing. for example I would like to look up how many pants we sold by size. Also, for customers we have a loyalty program but there is no good report to say who has spent the most in the last year with a good margin. I do it, but it's all rather awkward. I'm not paying extra to do the Smart Vendor "Point" or loyalty program.

Thank you so much for providing your feedback. Your comments have given us valuable insight into the services we are providing and the improvements that can be made. We strive to deliver exceptional customer service, and your feedback only helps us to improve. If you would like to get on a call to discuss your experience further, please email SmartVendor.CustomerSuccess@acceo.com and mention this review so we can book a call.

Replied February 2023