All Beefree Reviews

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2023

One of the best email tools out there

Raul

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

The easiest drag and drop software

Our Marketing Automation Software, Acoustic Campaign, is a bit antiquated when it comes to email design. You can either design an email using a 1990s style WYSIWYG or use a beta drag and drop builder. However, using BEE Pro has ensured I can design emails as good as any agency while saving on agency prices! After our Marketing Automation Software, BEE Pro is my next go-to tool for doing my job.

PROS

✔ Drag and drop functionality, meaning anyone with any level of skill can design an email. ✔ The software allows for a fully mobile-responsive design, without the need for coding. ✔ The ability to export in different formats, including PDF (which makes proofing and sign off processes a breeze) but also zipped HTML (for loading into any marketing automation software). ✔ Easy to plug into Google fonts.

CONS

❌Pasting in a text can sometimes be annoying due to loss for formats, etc. But other than that, which isn't even close to a deal-breaker, is fine.

Hi Raul, thanks for the detailed feedback on how BEE Pro fits with your work. That was really interesting and helpful for us. On the text formatting side, we just shipped a feature that addresses the "keep links active" part, and we'll continue to improve things in the future. We'd love to learn more about how you are using BEE Pro with Acoustic, and whether there are things that we could do to make life easier there. Thanks again!

Ryan

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Best Designer Focused Email Design Tool

I love it. After using a handful of email design tools professionally, and testing over 30 template builders, I can say that this template builder is the best all-around option for a small team with different levels of technical/design saavy. Probably ideal for users with a small amount of web/graphic design.

PROS

My favorite aspect of the software is it's flexibility in design. The ability to make granular changes to rows, content boxes, etc is a breath of fresh air.

CONS

I've found that it can be a bit buggy at time. It's never been a very big deal, but removing some of the consistent bugs would make the experience feel a bit smoother. For example, the rendering of font sometimes has issues. For non-standard font, sometimes the difference between bold and normal is almost impossible to detect. This isnt the case on all templates, so I'm not sure if this is user error, or just a minor bug.

Reason for choosing Beefree

BEE Pro provided greater flexibility in customization. The free templates were also a great perk.

Reasons for switching to Beefree

I wasnt happy with the limitations of MailChimp's template builder. The inablity to control row characteristics and the font management limited our design goals.

Thanks for the detailed feedback, Ryan. Really appreciated. If you have more details about the bugs that you have run into, please reach out. For example, we'd love to take a closer look at some of the issues you've had with fonts. Thanks again!

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Was Great, Until Forced into a Higher-Priced Tier

Great SaaS overall, including a wonderful GMail plug-in, but non-responsive customer service (at least for us).

PROS

Overall, it's on par with some of our favorite HTML WYSIWYG editors. Mobile and desktop emails both look nice, lots of templates, it's easy to use, UI/UX overall was pretty good. One of the features we enjoyed, which we have not seen with others, is the Gmail plug-in (which I think you can use on mobile, if I remember correctly).

CONS

We are still attempting to receive a refund for our subscription, after we were sent an email that BeePro was changing their plans, and discontinuing the one we had purchased. This included forcing us into a higher priced tier. So, we contacted customer service to cancel our subscription and receive a pro-rated refund for our unused months, as we feel it wasn't right to be forced into the higher tier and pay more. After multiple follow ups, they still have not responded after saying they "will look into it." Unacceptable to be strong-armed into a higher paid tier, then ignore us when we contact them about it. In regards to UI, the template management is slightly confusing/clunky, but the Pros outweigh the Cons specifically for this UI consideration.

Reason for choosing Beefree

At the time, price, until they cancelled our subscription tier and forced us into a higher priced one.

Hi Sarah, we're really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our customer service team. We take a lot of pride in responding to customers quickly and accurately, so we are surprised in hearing about this. Could you please share with us the support ticket number so that we can investigate what happened? With regard to the sunsetting of the Freelancer plan, as you know the reason is that we introduced a completely free plan, which provides BEE Pro completely free of charge to thousands and thousands of businesses around the world. For those that use BEE Pro frequently, there is an increase in price when moving to the Team plan, but the increase is rather small ($12.50/month when billing yearly, otherwise $15/month), and the Team plan comes with many additional, useful features. In any case, we are very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. Thanks again for your feedback!

Replied May 2022

Ian

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Easy, efficient, and robust. My favorite place to build emails

BEE Pro was a no brainer for us. It let us implement email in platform agnostic way with an editor that was on par or better than the native email builders (MailChimp, CC, SharpSpring, etc) we were using. The collaboration tools made working with my design team efficient and faster than before. Most importantly the emails work in garbage email clients like Outlook without spending hours troubleshooting, which is a huge time saver.

PROS

Being able to save brand colors and fonts is invaluable when I’m hopping between clients. Little things like that make all the difference when selecting an email design platform.

CONS

When I first started using Bee the editor felt about one generation behind others like Mailchimp, however with the recent updates Bee meets and surpasses MC with its editors flexibility and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Beefree

Better editor, more flexible, saving brand colors and fonts

Thanks for the kind words, Ian. Great to hear that the brand-level settings have been helpful: that's an area that we definitely want to keep improving, so if there are other ways that we can make it more efficient for you to switch between clients and save time, please let us know. Thanks again for your feedback!

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Great Product! Easy to use.

A great product that keeps getting better. I look forward to a few more features in the new pages section

PROS

We love the drag and drop nature of Bee Pro. It is super intuitive even for the most non-technical of users.

CONS

There are some new features that still feel a bit raw, but still show great promise. I wish the user management was a bit for featured in the teams tier. Being able to assign users to projects not just brands would be super useful

Reason for choosing Beefree

The fact that it works with any mail system and that it does integrate with Gmail

Thanks so much for the positive feedback, Chris. You are absolutely right that the new "Pages" area could be improved: we will continue to release new functionality and a better user experience throughout the year. You'll see some nice changes in that section already in May. If you have specific requests about building & hosting landing pages in BEE Pro, please reach out and let us know. We want to hear them. Thanks again!!

Nicole

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Recommendation for anyone who wants to make their everyday life easier

Our company is growing and has not invested much in marketing in the past. As we want to expand marketing and continue to grow, we rely on platforms like beefree por. We save an enormous amount of time without having to cut back on performance or quality. We are absolutely grateful for the opportunity to work with this software.

PROS

I love how easy it is to create your professional newsletter without disregarding your brand. Also, if you don't have any design ideas for special occasions like christmas or blackweek, the template library is especially helpful.All functions are so easy and intuitive to use that I can really recommend this software to everyone.

CONS

Sometimes it is difficult to work in the editor when you have two columns and want to put a single column between the rows.

Reason for choosing Beefree

Thats easy, because it is so intuitive to use and best results are guaranteed.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Amazing product I’ve been using for years!

AMAZING! The detail and thoroughness of my work has been highly revered at work as well as my personal portfolio projects.

PROS

It’s front-end based, plus true constant updates to functions makes this software easier to use each time.

CONS

Only the background image is full width. I wish that an update could include for in-line image blocks to do the same.

Reason for choosing Beefree

Amazing product and great price!

Reasons for switching to Beefree

This software was more flexible and customizable and easy to use.

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for the kind words and for having been a customer for many years. In your review you indicated that the support you received wasn't stellar. If you have feedback for us there, please let us know. Thanks again!

Leanna

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

So easy!

PROS

I love BEEPros ease of use. It’s easy to learn and train on. There are a lot of design elements to choose from, too.

CONS

Maybe it needs something to help with designing for dark modes?

Reasons for switching to Beefree

We just needed something easier for our team to use. They aren’t coders or even designers.

Thanks for the positive feedback around ease of use, Leanna! And "yes", we're going to invest into additional tools that can help with dark mode. Thanks again!

Glenn

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Bee Pro is my go-to emailer creator

In my opinion, the best emailer creator out there, so easy to use that creating 2-3 weekly emailers doesn't devolve into a time-sucking chore.

PROS

Creating an emailer is amazingly easy, fun, and quick. I just build up my content and "arrange" them to look nice and logical. Lots of options for layout, with no coding needed.

CONS

I am hoping they build up the Pages feature so my emailers can link to web pages that are design-consistent with my emailers. They have it now, but need to have my own webhosting, which kinda defeats the purpose of a one-stop shop.

Reasons for switching to Beefree

Mailchimp has less layout features and sometimes need coding. Bee Pro allows me to be more creative in my emailer layouts

Sara

Retail, 11-50 employees

Overall worth it

Overall really happy with this product and use it for every email I send.

PROS

More customizable than MailChimp and easier to build templates. Recent updates have made column customizations even easier.

CONS

Nothing to complain about in particular, but the more customization options they come out with, the better.

Reason for choosing Beefree

Easier to make small customizations to templates.

Thank you very much for the kind words, Sara. And happy to hear that you liked the recent improvements to column management!

shi

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

One of best email platform in the market!

excellent!!! I witness it changes time to time, and it is getting better and better. I was the person who recommended this platform after research and study, presented a list of top two email platform with pro and cons to pour company executive team more than two years ago.

PROS

• easy to learn• easy to customize for specific client• dark and light mode build in for preview (even the dark mode does not 100% matched with Outlook, but there is a test option for self testing in dark or light mode)• responsiveness well on desktop and mobile• customize font size, padding spacing, alignment on one content for desktop and mobile without duplicate the content (one of best feature in bee pro on my book)

CONS

• still do not have "non-wrap" on copy (for club name, bank name, client does not like their name breaked in two lines. I was told by your customer service it would be available in March 2022. I know can be added non-wrap code on HTML, but our client like to see a PDF. So, for that reason, I have to editing the PDF exported via bee pro to keep bank name in one line before send it to our client. (PS, the PDF editing does not provide extra line space if need one after move the bank name to the next line. I have to make break on old text box, the new one even cannot do a break which I totally understand the reason.• cannot adding a row inside of two-column row (only can add it above or below, not inside of one of column) Because I like to do content area background color under the copy.• wish there is a lock button for mark mode change on a row. Just imaging, I use a photo at bottom of a row, top of that picture is a headline text box with same color background. Look great until it is in a dark mode, the background color changed which does not match with the image background color underneath anymore. (I noticed that if the content are background color dark enough, it will keep as is even in the dark mode)•

Reason for choosing Beefree

sorry, was done about three years ago, searched my email box, it is not there anymore. Cannot recall other company's name. My VP suggested other company, but after my list of pro and cons of there two platform by Google searching, I know anything about either of them back then). Bee pro won.

Hi Shi, thanks so much for the detailed feedback, which is really helpful and will be shared with our Product team. Quick question on the PDF side of things, when you have time: it appears that you use "Export to PDF" as a way to share the asset with clients: what is the main reason for doing that vs. using the collaboration/commenting features that are built directly into BEE Pro? Thanks again!!

Replied November 2022

Cheryl

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Finally, a well done html email editor!

Since we started working with BEE Pro, we have experienced continual updates, quick response to requests for enhanced tools and many being implemented quickly. We are very pleased with this system and just today upgraded to an agency license so we can expand our professional email reach.

PROS

BEE Pro has streamlined our entire mass email production, making it possible to offer professional emails for multiple divisions on campus. This system has also provided a means to strengthen our branding by providing customized templates for high level leadership offices, department fundraising initiatives and important online events. We are very pleased with the interface and ease of use.

CONS

It would be amazing if BEE Pro were able to also provide a top-level mass email system!

Reason for choosing Beefree

BEE Pro provided the most professional interface and it was the easiest to use.

Hi Cheryl, thanks so much for sharing with us that BEE Pro has had a positive impact on the email creation process. No plans to become an email sending platform for now, but we will continue to improve the export features. So if you have any requests or feedback on that side, definitely let us know. Thanks again!

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Easy to use, even for beginners

It really helped us creating our email templates quickly and easily. We tried the results in many different mail clients and they are always picture perfect. We use it for every kind of communication: newsletters (internal and external), DEMs, various communications (e.g. invitations to events, feedback after events, etc.).

PROS

BEE Pro doesn't require programming skills, knowledge of html coding or similar. It is based on drag'n drop and is easily learnable by someone with little or no skills (I taught it to one colleague who had absolutely no experience in managing or authoring content on the web/for the web). I like the variety of templates and of layout/grid options. Configuring every block is easy and has become even easier along the way, because the company added more and features to make the tool more flexible and customizable, while keeping it simple.

CONS

There should be ways to choose a template and bulk change some configurations (e.g. font sizes/styles, template palette) instead of having to work on every single block. There should be more options for editing text, with regard to line spacing and letter spacing.

Thanks for the positive feedback and for the suggestions on how to improve the product in terms of bulk changes & more control on text editing. We'll definitely pass those to the product team, but please reach out if you have more specific feedback on those areas. Thanks again!

Sam

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Hard-to-beat HTML email builder that does a lot more

BEEPro has allowed us to expand our design capabilities greatly - we can create almost any kind of email we want now. There are enough features to keep us going and importing what we build into other platforms is simple.

PROS

Many options for creating good-looking content for emails, many options to make it work with your chosen email-sending platform, flexible and fully featured when it comes to control over content.

CONS

Sometimes new features are released before they are ready and don't quite work the way they should. Also, some strange decision-making when it comes to removing components and replacing them with new and "improved" ones.

Hi Sam, thanks for the great feedback. We're glad to hear that overall BEE Pro is helping you get the job done, but we'd love to learn more about the changes that you found perplexing. Definitely reach out to us to discuss this when you have time. Thanks again!!

Replied December 2022

Josh

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Amazing Software

Have had a really positive experience - it has saved us time and headache in creating great emails without worrying about them not displaying in 3rd party systems. The only time I needed to reach out to support, they immediately helped us, and solved the issue.

PROS

Two things: first, the ease of use - the software provides the ability to design some really amazing custom emails. Secondly, the code is always clean and never interferes with 3rd party email management systems. We have used it on a number of email sending systems and the designs we create in BEE Pro are always pixel perfect.

CONS

I wouldn't necessarily call this a con, but it would be great to have some additional builder elements and customization options, but it really hasn't impacted or limited what we have designed to date.

Reason for choosing Beefree

It was more of deciding to incur an extra expense for a WYSIWYG email editor/builder on top of what we had available to us with our email management system. Most (mailchimp, etc.) have their own builders, but BEE Pro's is so much more powerful and easy to use that the expense wasn't an issue as it made our job much easier.

Hey Josh, thanks so much for the positive feedback. Yes, we are totally committed to saving time and headaches. You will see more and more features come out this year in that direction. Like turning an email into a landing page with a click, or vice versa. If there are areas where you feel we're not true to that promise, please let us know. We want to hear about it. Thanks again!

Scott

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

You are so close

Overall great. Again, with some small updates, you guys would own this space.

PROS

Ease of coding is great. Right now our TchStack is HubSpot, Instapage, Email on Acid etc. If you guys could warp a "good version" of the others, you would kill it.

CONS

Small stuff like if I chose 3 cols. I cannot put a divider in between 2 & 3 pf 2 PX. Small stuff but drives me NUTS.

Reason for choosing Beefree

Ease of use and fair price. If I was on your marketing team I could triple your revenue. People do not realize the benefit.

Thanks for your support, Scott. We agree that there is big potential here :-) And thanks for sharing the fact that there are things that still drive you nuts. Apart from the one you already shared, if you have more, please reach out: that is exactly the feedback that we want to hear. Thanks again!

Natalia

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2021

The tool that makes email marketing easy

My general impression of BEE is positive as it cuts my designing time and helps me stay creative. It has its small issues (like the one with autosave), but it's the most convenient and affordable tool that I used so far

PROS

The tool is easy to use due to the user-friendly interface. I love the ability to organize and keep my email designs in separate projects (as I create a lot of different campaigns and BEE helps me keep it clean). Moreover, they have looots of templates where I get my inspiration (and sometimes save some elements from the templates to use in my designs - it saves my time as I don't try to imitate but use the ready-made element). All you have to do is to enter the words like "newsletter" or "welcome" and you get numerous options to choose from.

CONS

I really need the round corner functionality (to make the corners of the blocks smoother, I need to go to Figma, create a top and the bottom with the round corners, and then insert it as images - but it works badly for devices with dark modes (if the user uses dark mode - he/she gets email where the block changes the color accordingly but the top and the bottom images with round corners don't and it looks pretty bad). One more thing that sometimes annoys me is the Autosave functionality (I always save any changes I make, but when I get back to the edited email, it offers me to restore autosaved version (which may be the older version), so you really need to be careful with that as autosaved is not always the freshest version so you may lose the changes you've made and saved (!). I haven't found the function where I can see the editing history, and in case of trouble with autosave, that'd be good just to open the history and roll back to the version you need.

Marcos