Browse Aha! Reviews

Bastian from Astra

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

An Amazing Tool to Align Strategy and Execution for Product Management

Great experience from setup to use. Fanatical customer support and the fact that they follow their founders "Lovability" mantra (within 95% ;-) It has made me successful in helping companies tie product execution to company strategy. AHA tools usually create artifacts to help keep all stakeholders aligned.

Pros

Any organization that wants to be thoughtful, deliberate, and wants to link everything they build to the reason WHY they are building it should use this tool. It takes energy and effort to adopt, but the results are amazing. Every feature and release can be linked to a strategic element. In fact, what you are getting with AHA is not only a tool, but a best-practices thought model for product management (this can be challenging to implement but the rewards are high if you get through it. A key benefit is that once created, roadmaps and reports stay FRESH, meaning all changes to dates of features and releases are instantly reflected in your roadmaps and reports. No more updating Excel rows where cells are months!! Last but not least, their support is second-to-none!

Cons

While I really like AHA overall, the UI has many challenges. There are many inconsistencies (some places have a save, other autosave, some screens have a URL, others don't, some settings can be applied to everything at once, others have to be set manually one-by-one). Also for a single page app, it often struggles with refresh after edit more than it should in 2021.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Richer reporting, deeper feature sets, better use of strategy elements, MUCH better integration.

Alicia from Axos Bank

Using Aha! for Project Management

Overall I am very satisfied with the product and customer service.

Pros

I like the flexibility to create and modify schedules and reports. I can create tasks for team members and Aha! sends them reminders (upcoming and past due). I manage business operations projects and this feature has been very helpful and has eliminated my having to chase down most tasks. I like the feature to create various reports with multiple slices of data/views for different purposes by just adding or removing filters vs. building something from scratch. Customer support is top notch. Someone always gets back to me within a couple of hours if not sooner whenever I reach out with questions or requesting help.

Cons

This software is complex, IMO not very intuitive and has a steep learning curve. There are tutorials that are very helpful and walk you through most everything you can think of, but it takes time to watch them and/or read. Once you get past the initial phase of learning the software and features you need, you will love it.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

This was an enterprise tool previously selected by my company. I would have preferred a PPM tool, but at the moment we don't need such a robust tool for project/portfolio management, so Aha! just fits the bill, and now that I've learned it serves me beautifully. Plus we are also using it for product management and integrating it with Jira.

Raf from Truckstop.com

Don't recommend. Read review for details..

Would never recommend.

Pros

Cool logo. Good space to house personas and competitor analysis.

Cons

In the initial onboarding process I would contact customer support for clarity, seeing as how I've never used such a software. I had one phone call, fairly short. I was later tasked with sole responsibility for the software - evangelizing and coaching others on how to use it. When I reached out to support for more clarity, the reps did EVERY possible not to get on a call with me. They would email me back every other day - directing me to instructional videos - refusing to get on the phone. I needed to integrate with Jira, "Please HELP!!??"- guess what? "We have some videos that can help you. Awful support. As well, not very user friendly, not customizable, and just down right inferior cosmetically.

Rekha from CGI, Inc

Excellent tool for product innovation and management

I love that Aha! Customer teams are focused on customer success. They provide exceptional support and their knowledge center is outstanding! Every Aha customer support interaction has been quick, and addressed to satisfaction. All employees seem like they are experienced and well trained and respectful/professional.

Pros

The roadmap functionality and features, ideas portal and the ability to create dynamic presentation are key features that have been critical to our product teams. I like that we can connect the strategy of our business, goals and mission at the function and feature level. The UI is easy and intuitive and connecting to Jira is a huge plus for our collaboration with solutions engineering teams.

Cons

SAFe methodology is not completely implemented - although we have found ways to engineer it to fit our organizational maturity in adoption of SAFe

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Customer support, ease of use and setup, great UI, ability to have cohesive view across all areas, strategy, product, development teams, marketing, etc.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

It did not provide useful tools for product management, strategy, ideas portal. It was hard to see the tracebility and provide senior level management reporting

Kim from OPB

Fantastic Support & Quick Start Up

The exceptional Support Team has made all the difference in how we've been able to effectively use Aha! to manage projects. They REALLY do respond in a couple hours, the chat function is fantastic for quick questions, and it's very easy to schedule time to talk through more complex topics. The quality of the knowledge base, video tutorials and regularly offered trainings are the best I've experienced. Behind all that is a knowledgeable, friendly and extremely helpful team of Support folks.

Pros

Aha! provides a comprehensive set of tools to allow our teams to track work from an initial thought through to completion. Using Aha! we managed an extremely complex software implementation with multiple integrations and were able to track the work at varying levels of detail while always knowing status. Aha!'s My Work dashboard, assignment and commenting capabilities ensured our team members, with minimal effort, could readily identify their work, call out and address roadblocks and communicate progress. Team members who are more interested in doing the work than saying what work they did are converts to the value of Aha!, praising searchability, ease of use and a central repository for all the critical information.

Cons

Determining the workspace structure proved challenging for us and we are still trying to decide what's the right configuration. Still, there's really no wrong way to set it up and the flexibility and adaptability of the product will allow us to evolve our structure to meet our evolving organization's needs.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Usability and intuitive UI, tagging and commenting, and project management without a big lift for team members who just want to get work done.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

limited capabilities, poor visualization, high touch for PM and minimal features for team members

Rudra from Optiva Inc.

Excellent Roadmap & Idea Management Package

Centralized auditability for investment, traceability from idea to release, centralized communication to internal teams, feedback from customers, structured rankings - list goes on. We originally used Doors, which is an extremely good (but rigid) requirements management platform. Aha! works better with our shift in development practices, and in tandem with JIRA, while adding a lot of capability that wasn't present before (outside of scattered presentations and spreadsheets).

Pros

Philosophically, the software gently pushes you to validate decisions that are key to product management - why are you building this, who is it for, how is it helping you achieve strategic and tactical goals? With that in mind, it sets up the team to be critical in their choices, extremely important in the current market. You're not forced to use these features, but it helps with both top-down alignment and bottom-up justifications for expenditure. From a feature perspective, the JIRA and Confluence integration work well for our purposes, the cascading templates help us ensure consistency in communication with Engineering across the product lines, an the Ideas portal is a great addition for internal and external feedback.

Cons

Additional data types for the extensible entities would be nice - lists of custom entities for one.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Functionality - the blend of features jives really well with how we view product management and product investment, which starts well before the first requirement is written. Incorporating this into a cohesive package at a reasonable price point, and providing rapid responses to queries was key.

Liam from Lockwood Publishing

Industry: Computer Games

Simply the best

Aha has listened to its customers and consistently delivered a product that does exactly what it says on the tin. Customer support is of course world class - fast, responsive, intelligent and useful proactive assistance. Concierge service that comes with Ent+ is extremely useful.

Pros

Everything works how you'd expect it to. It is EASY to use if you spend an hour or two looking at the help videos and basking in the glow of what an amazing product you're investing in. Trustworthy company, eat their own dog food, led by a guy who wrote a book called Lovability. For us, finally being able to visualise our ambitions, go beyond simple roadmapping pitfalls to an optimised value-driven world, integrated with project management tools. Perfect.

Cons

Onboarding through the help files isn't that great, as it's now a fairly large and complex product. However, the accompanying videos are short and perfectly poised to help. You should expect to commit people to this product to understand and train others. Once you've configured and set up it's a breeze and a joy. I could have done with more help containing output from workshops and discussions, whereas currently you need to use a combination of Notes and description fields, or some sort of crossover with Ideas. It isn't very clear and that is surprising seeing as product managers use it. You'd have thought a clear workflow capturing initiative and feature level discussions would be normal.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

The others tend to focus on planning and prioritisation, whereas Aha has the reporting, strategic end of things is stronger, plus frankly Aha employs product managers to help you. You simply cannot compete with a support team of your peers.

Matt from Daugherty Business Solutions

Excellent product management system with excellent customer support

It has been a pleasure to work in Aha! and see all that it has to offer. The response time and the quality of responses/follow up has been second to none.

Pros

I like how easy this product is to use and all the features it has to offer. It's easy to setup and configure to meet most of the needs of my team. We are operating within the Scrum Framework and this tool is being used by all Scrum teams in the Agile Release Train (ART). We have been pleased with the analytics functionality to report out how we're doing as an ART.

Cons

There isn't functionality specific to Scrum teams. It would be great to have a 'Sprint report' auto generated so that we can easily see what was done, what was not done during a Sprint, burndown report and other key metrics reported for our Sprint Reviews. Right now, we piece all of this together.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Have close connection/alignment of dev work to the product strategy.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

The strategic product roadmapping functionality and having all the dev team's work connected to the product vision and strategy.

Krisztina from General Electric

Made by rockstars to rockstars

Pros

What I love most in Aha! that it is highly customizable to all of our needs, and incredibly easy to use. I also like the reporting capabilities, it has never been easier to me to create real time reports literally in minutes and not to worry about the correctness of the data. Third thing I would mention is the stellar customer support and the frequently released new and cool features of the software.

Cons

Only that the editor license is not available to more people within our team due financial circumstances but as I always say Aha! costs this amount for good and valid reasons.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

It was before I joined the company so not aware of the reason but probably Aha! is much better...? :)

Kristen from Surescripts

Greate all-in-one tool for teams to manage work and collaborate

Great tool. Very pleased with how our teams collaborate using this tool. I look forward to looking at reports over time and compare our efficiency and satisfaction.

Pros

All-in-one tool - you don't have to toggle between multiple systems to work on a project. In one system you can project manage, review supporting materials and documentation, evaluate capacity, route work for review, and report out on the progress of a project.

Cons

We moved from JIRA to Aha! so it was like moving from a Prius to a Tesla. Lots of features, so you want to lean on support from Aha! during the implementation and onboarding phase.

features and functionality

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

Lack of features and functionality. Could not scale.

Felix from Ferris Labs AG

Feature rich, yet easy to use!

Fast learning curve and getting productive without unnecessary overhead.

Pros

Aha! has been easy to get used to. We have captured an entire annual roadmap in no time and have now a product canvas that serves as our go-to plan.

Cons

The roadmap navigation takes a bit getting used to.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Aha! does exactly what we need in a professional Product Roadmap tool.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

Better overall features and functions. Better value for the money!

tal from Hearing Lab Technology

Industry: Medical Devices

I had an Aha! moment

Pros

We were coming from a task management tool implemented earlier in the year due to the Work from Home trend caused by Covid. It worked great for what it does but we wanted something that was usable by the team and also by the executives who wanted a birds-eye view of what was going on.

Cons

I want to be able to mirror certain features or releases across multiple workspaces. I haven't found a way to do that yet

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

More robust reporting and roadmapping

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

Needed something more Top down and robust than just a task management software.

Ajinkya from WeAllTeen

Industry: Market Research

Convenient Tool for Product Managers, Aha!

Aha! is no doubt a sophisticated tool for driving product strategy, sharing your roadmap, and detailing features. It's very flexible and configurable so it requires a little while to get fluent with everything it may possibly do, and be aware of the best workflow patterns with it. That said, once you discover your groove it gets much more easily. Pricing is also in the premium end of the market, particularly for smaller companies, but you do tend to obtain what you pay off.

Pros

Aha! offers a comprehensive range of strategies for managing the entire product management and marketing cycle. I began using product development tools like Jira and then VersionOne, but they both appeared and functioned as if they were developed on purpose and eventually evolved into product management tools. None of them were in charge of product marketing. It was clear from the moment a fellow CTO introduced me to Aha! that this tool was explicitly designed to handle the full scope of product management. The governance features that assist product owners in focusing on the business plan and priorities also aid in the definition of product strategies to achieve those objectives. Customer personas assist the development team in remaining customer-centric. Our product owners enjoy working with feature development because they get to decide both how the features should function and how feature delivery should be prioritised. The Aha! Score, which can be customised, helps to balance value with development costs. Contributors are encouraged to request functionality, and the review process ensures that the promotion (or lack thereof) of a concept to a feature is transparent. Executive management and the board of directors expect product roadmaps to include information in an accessible format and Aha! has delivered efficiently so far.

Cons

The tool is extremely effective, with numerous features that make it simple to build a complex puzzle that occupies all of your time, causing you to lose track of the original goal: efficiently produce a product that meets consumer standards and business objectives. Keeping the model easy necessitates discipline. Aha! is so powerful and so customizable that it took me a while to figure out how best to apply it to my particular situations and challenges. That said, their amazing customer success team has been and continues to work patiently and diligently to help me make the most out of it.

Lisa from Progress/Chef

Offers room to grow in to

Overall Aha! is a very well documented and supported product. The support I've received both over the phone and via email has been great - they really do have experienced product managers available to answer technical questions as well as talk about implementation details/best practices (note: they will make you schedule an appointment if you need to go to the level of screen share...I struggled with that at first but I think it's a gentle way of teaching folks to fish...as most questions can be answered if you take the time to read the documentation). We have also had a good response on a couple of key feature requests which I was impressed by given our modest account size.

Pros

What has been most useful to us is the ability to let the respective teams remain in their tools of choice while being able to knit together an end to end picture from top-level goals down to the execution of features and go to market activity. The pre-built integrations to Salesforce, Zendesk, GitHub, Slack, and Asana made linking the picture together across our org a pretty light lift.

Cons

We struggled with the UI here and there as well as getting folks fully up to speed on the available capabilities/best practices as it is feature-rich. Our approach was an incremental deployment starting in the middle of the data model. If I had a chance to do it again, I would start at the top with clear goals, vision and a focus on capturing product strategy details and then move down through the initiatives and into tracking the implementation details via releases/epics/features. Some of the new enterprise + features around collecting customer feedback are pretty interesting.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

More features & integrations.

More than just roadmapping

We have been extremely happy with the ease of use, overall features and value provided by Aha! for our roadmapping and project management needs. Of particular note has been the support response times and turn-around time on solving reported issues.

Pros

Aha! delivers on the promise to make product roadmapping easy however it offers more than just that. We have been using it as a common platform in product management for planning product roadmaps across the different groups and business units in our organization. While various other tools for managing product features and backlog were already in use integrating Aha! into them allows us to work on and provide an overall big-picture where planning and tracking strategic objectives is more easily done. Among the most useful features for us are the idea portal and flexible reporting capabilities. The reporting features allow us to replace sharing information in powerpoints to sharing a real-time view of product roadmaps and projects. The idea portal has allowed us to create a handful of portals to capture both internal ideas as well as external ones to connect and collaborate with our customers on developing solutions to solve their problems. In addition to that we have also used it as our main project management tool and recently in other functions to for example plan marketing campaigns.

Cons

While it does provide Single Sign-On and directory integration it lacks more flexible group management that would allow you to link permissions and access rights to Active Directory groups to manage via group membership which is typically needed in larger ogranizations and results in some amount of manual work for us in assigning and changing user permissions.

Peggy from HomeLister

Best end-to-end product management tool on the market!

Pros

Aha! is a complete end-to-end product management solution that has the capability to organize features using simple-to-complex org hierarchies while simultaneously promoting product management best practices. There were many areas in which Aha! outshined other tools: application stability, overall performance & speed, ease of use, (just the right amount of) flexibility in feature organization, and out-of-the-box intuitive planning structures (eg feature organization, release planning, roadmaps, idea management), and it's full set of field integrations with JIRA. While many of these sound like fundamental requirements for any product tool, I found a majority of the 9 or so tools I trialed to be significantly lacking in these areas. Aha! is more expensive than some of the other popular product tools out there but the cost is easily justified by their larger feature set that'll save teams time and money, along with providing a stable and consistent user experience. Also, Aha! was also one of the very few tools that supported the capture of ideas directly from mobile phones and enabled users to easily attach mobile screenshots to an Idea or Feature card.

Cons

Since AHA is a very robust, flexible app that can scale with a business, there's an initial learning curve (as is the case with any software that provides this level of flexibility). The up front time investment is worth it because once the application is set up, it's very easy for the team to understand, navigate and use!

Karen from GL Assessment

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Using Aha for Education Assessment products

We are introducing the product management function accross the business. Therefore introducing the departments and senior management to the functions of Aha has been my priority. The multiple benefits have included, multi person access as a reviewer / viewer. Transparency of the portfolio roadmap, clarity and confirmation of epic and feature details and the development priorities. A prime benefit has been the capabilityof the tech team and CTO to cost up the features and epics in more detail than previously, supporting investment requests.

Pros

For my role as Head of Product Management: The strategic view of the product portfolio is all important for the company to see and for me to report. The functions I use most are the strategic and portfolio roadmaps, goals and linked initiatives. I absolutely love the dashboard function, especially for executive resporting. And now use the different workspaces for the different departments who are dependant on the product management scheduling, this is also an added bonus.

Cons

I really wish the functions would allow clarity for Strategic objectives, rather than goals and support the framing of dependant team and individual OKR's. I also find it difficult to delete releases and features on the Strategic level workspace. It would benefit the different types of users to have the functionalities that they need and navigate to it easily. From my role as head of to the associate product manager, we have different uses and feature requirements.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

I was used to Aha from my previous company, we found the functionality to be expansive, used accross tthe departments it was coordinated and allowed mixed methodologies in its monitoring and reporting in the products being eveloped. The product management function in the company I am now in is new. I wished to introduce the best in class product management tool, for transparency, acountability and reporting capability accross the company. we have offered many in house demo's and everyone is very impressed, especially as they now know how they can access the information they need to fulfill and support their departments too

Tessa from Laserfiche

Enterprise-grade with powerful flexibility and integrations

Pros

Aha! has made a huge difference in our ability strategically plan our releases and align across multiple delivery teams. It's the only tool flexible enough to accommodate our broad and multifaceted product suite, and allows us to report on it all without requiring engineers to create reports for us. The customization and integration capabilities are better and more user-friendly than any I've seen in any product. When configuring customization and integrations in other products, I often find myself thinking "if only this were as easy as Aha". Same thing about reporting - it can be a bit complicated but I think they do a great job of making it as simple as possible even with a huge variety of options and massive flexibility. Their support is also incredibly responsive and friendly, and their documentation is good. It's been really easy for me to teach myself the ins and outs of the product and get answers to my questions.

Cons

Our biggest barrier to getting more value out of Aha is the cost. We would love to bring our scrummasters and UX leaders into Aha in more than essentially just a read-only capacity, but the cost to do that is prohibitive. While the benefits of Aha are huge, so is the cost, so it's something we need to be constantly ready to justify to management. The navigation is also somewhat poor, and there are a handful of specific views that are hard to use, which is a point of confusion for many users. But that's not too bad since we can usually create the view we want via a report.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Aha was the only tool that offered the level of customization and hierarchy that we needed for a large and multi-faceted suite of products, and it also integrated well with our development tools. Most other tools we looked at seemed like they were made with small portfolios or startups in mind, not a fully fledged enterprise-grade product suite.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

Because our development teams make heavy use of Azure DevOps Server, we had previously been trying to use that for our product & release planning as well. But Azure DevOps server didn't provide enough ways to track work across many projects and teams, the reporting was not flexible or user-friendly enough, the customization was a nightmare. At the end of the day, we needed a tool built for product managers, not engineers.

David from Lessen, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

I will use this software for the rest of my career. It's worth every penny.

If you've used developer-centric tools (Jira, for example), you know that they may be great for tracking stories and sprints, but they have very limited support (if any) for tracking the actual thought process in coming up with those stories. Either they don't have enough levels of hierarchy, or they try to get away with tags for everything. This is the first product that I've every used that has a structured methodology and design approach to evaluating your goals as a company / department; figuring out what initiatives support those goals; further breaking the initiatives down into master features (sometimes called Epics in other packages), and then individual features (stories). It also generates beautiful roadmaps, and has a transformational scorecard feature that lets you set up the criteria that matter, then rate all of your features, then calculate a score so you have a definitive order in which to do things.

Pros

The comprehensiveness of this software is incredible. It has almost everything you can possibly conceive of when building nearly any type of product or service. It helps you organize, plan, communicate, rate, rank, document, and create everything you need, except the actual software code (but you can just assign the stories to your dev team, and/or sync to another product). It also empowers you to have the conversations with stakeholders to figure out truly what's important (as opposed to the endless chorus of "it's all important"). I wish I would have known about this years ago.

Cons

The single largest missing feature is OKR support. There are goals and metrics, but not a structured way to do OKRs for products/teams. But there is also plenty of other software in the world that does it. We did struggle a bit with the integration with Jira, but that's largely because of Jira deficiencies.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

Jira is horrible at anything above a story or sprint. It's a miserable product to use when actually trying to plan, rate and rank your work. Yes there are epics, but it feels like anything at the Epic level and above is an after-thought. The product just screams "this is for developers" and product managers just have to suffer their way through it. There is almost nothing you can use to communicate to stakeholders what's going on. Burndown charts don't mean anything to executives, and it's shocking after 20 years that they still don't have a roadmap feature.

Joseph from Whitewater Projects, Inc.

Frequently Recommend to My Clients

I have recommended and will continue to recommend Aha! to my clients whenever they want to clearly see how their roadmap, initiatives, values, mission, personals, competitors, projects and releases are all interrelated and support (or don't support) the overall goals of the organization. It comes down to one word...CLARITY.

Pros

I am a management consultant. I work with small to medium-size businesses. Often these engagements involve helping leaders get their arms around a complex set of long-range forecasts roadmaps, projects, initiatives, strategic goals, products, services, and more. Aha! brings clarity to my clients like no other tool I have used. There are other tools that do this or that but nothing is as easy to use and drives clarity for leadership in an organization. I love the ability to create a live web page that shows changes and updates to the roadmaps and other documentation in real-time. The time savings alone in not having to create a new slide deck for the executives is a sheer delight to my clients.

Cons

If you are looking for something to manage the details of your project, I would not use Aha! It just isn't made for that. I always set Aha! on top of a project or product management system; jira or smartsheet. Getting your head wrapped around the hierarchy of Aha! can be a learning curve but once you get that down it makes sense and works great.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

That's simple, Clarity. Aha! beats everyone hands down for creating clarity at an executive level.

Audrey from MCCi

Best customer service, hands down!

Aha! is so robust. I am learning so much, but it is already making a great impact on the transparency that we needed with our team. Having watchers on projects and activities and the ability to tag anyone that's just a viewer or reviewer is fantastic! We manage over 100 events a year and more than 40 sales people, so keeping them in the loop with our progress is great. It's helping us get out of some paper/e-doc templates that we can now have built into our project card templates so all information can be entered there for ease of reference. I believe that we can pull reports on any field as well. The presentation and reporting features offer a lot. It's a matter of us determining the best views for our team. Their customer service team is outstanding! They respond super fast and are always helpful. They will get on a quick 30 minute call to talk through and walk through issues to empower you to get it right! I know I'm driving them bonkers right now with so many questions.

Pros

Aha! allows you to tie higher level goals to initiatives that can dial down to the most granular level. We wanted the capability to pull reports for our C-level executives to see what we're working on and our previous project management system didn't have that as an option.

Cons

We also loved the workflow features, however there's a little snag in the way we need to visually see our activities and tasks so, unfortunately, right now they don't have the capability to have a true workflow (phases and milestones) tied in with our processes because they get buried in the top level schedule/project. Since we work in the marketing world, our processes are different than the product release projects. If we could have the phases and milestones as a part of the activities so that if we push back the project (schedule) date or postpone in the status field that it would push back all assigned dates accordingly - that would be ideal. Right now, we are managing manually... The notifications are another issue. There's a LOT of notifications that come through my email on a daily basis. Even though I have it set to a daily and weekly digest on each workspace, I still receive too many emails for every task completed or created in projects that I follow. But I don't get an email when somebody comments on something, I have to go to my notifications for that. The my work view is really robust as well. Once you get the hang of where you need to look, it's helpful. However, the naming convention of the records doesn't allow you to know right away which task is tied to a particular project, so we're trying to make sure that we title the tasks and activities accordingly - but that's tough to do manually for project templates with generic tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Because Aha! is even more robust. I used Asana in my marketing firm for years and loved it, but we are not a Google based company and it still had limited options that Aha! beats.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

We needed transparency, a department wide overview of all projects and campaigns that we could easily share with the powers that be. There was little project management capabilities that truly helped the team move campaigns forward - so the robustness of Aha! takes care of that and so much more! Now we have a birds eye view of every detail of what we do.

Jeffrey from Programmable Equipment Company, LLC

Industry: Industrial Automation

The standard for Product Management tools

I am now using Aha! in my 3rd company. One was enterprise SaaS focus, one was a 70 person team and now as a bootstrapped start-up. Each experience has been very positive. I've been able to accomplish what I need without a lot of fuss or distraction.

Pros

Aha! is a great canvas to organize your business, product and customer journey. You can take many of the miscellaneous thoughts you have rattling around in your head, and the many post-it notes you have scattered around your office and put them to use in an organized way. It is hard to emphasize the importance of seeing your ideas and tasks written down and prioritized. Aha! makes it easy to articulate your goals and initiatives in a way that is compelling. Then when feature requests come in (as they inevitably will) you have a canvas for deciding how a request compares against the priorities and compared to other requests. It helps you and your stakeholders come together, discuss and come to a consensus on 'what should we build next.' Another think that I love is the fact that Aha! team does not have a sales function. Instead the platform has invested in a top notch customer support team who will help you customize and build out your plans. They help with introductory, small and big projects.

Cons

Can't think of any specific shortcomings. The platform is very deep and customizable so it can grow with your team's needs.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Aha! is the most complete and functional tool for managing the business side of product. It is critical to get this part right before a team writes a single line of code. There are many good tools for managing code development and release pipelines, but that is a different set of utility. The good news is Aha! integrates with code management tools to keep /management/sales/marketing/product in-sync with development.

Sherri from Laivly

Aha is the only game in town

We tested and demo'd all of the top-rated pieces of software that call themselves Product Management Software. Nothing compares to Aha, in my opinion, it is the only software that offers all of the key features I need. There are definitely a few tweaks that could be made, but nothing else even comes close to this tool. I am very happy with it.

Pros

It is made by Product Managers for Product Managers It has features around the vision and strategy of the company There is clear separation between ideas and features There are Personas that can be attached to ideas and features There are goals and strategies There are areas to store your files You can create shareable presentations that update dynamically You can build wireframes within the tool You can house everything you need as a Product Manager is one locations The support is amazing Integrates with JIRA

Cons

I find it difficult to find what I am looking for in the knowledge base Some of the features are not very intuitive to use There are a few features I would like to see added

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Because it was the only one that had all of the key features we were looking for.

JIRA does not provide the features needed for a Product Management Team

Geoff from Privapp

A Great Tool to Drive Product Management with Coherent and Focused Product Strategy

We use Aha! to manage and optimize our product management for development of Enterprise software.

Pros

I first used Aha! four or five years ago - and it was good then, but has come a long way. I really like how Aha! brings together the why of product strategy with the how of product management. It enables our team to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track in these areas in ways that are very difficult to do with JIRA alone, or some combination of product specifications and JIRA. It's intuitive and the support is very responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. There is a lot of customization possible, although I have not dipped into that much yet. But it is clear that as the size and scope of our development organization and product line grow that Aha! has everything needed to manage, prioritize & focus our efforts. Integration with Atlassian JIRA is also strong and a good option. We looked at only using Aha! - including for managing our development tickets & sprints - but that is not a fit at this point. Keeping the clutter & detail of all the workstream & ticket management for development separate is a better solution. I definitely recommend Aha as best in class for product management.

Cons

The one major improvement that I see is the need for some type of Knowledge Base / Documentation tool set similar to Confluence. Write now, I find that I have to keep meeting notes in separate documents, as these will tend to cover multiple tickets, and have other work to assign tasks and so on. With Confluence + JIRA, you can both document meetings and develop specifications in one place, and then link this to all of the tickets that are related.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Better combination of features and focus on specific needs of software product management.

Sallie from SoftwareONE

An awesome platform worth 5 stars

The past 14 or so months with Aha! has helped us evolve our internal processes and break down barriers to provide more consistent and streamlined cross-collaboration across our teams. Working with Aha! has been a very positive experience.

Pros

I always tell people that Aha! brings together the why and the how of a solution, giving the view into the overall strategy components of a solution, mixed with the back end development and ongoing progress. It captures everything our teams needs to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track. It's easy to use and the support team is fantastically responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. As someone with little technical background, the platform and an ever-growing knowledge base made it easy to customize the experience to our unique needs.

Cons

Sometimes too many options can be a bad thing. Aha! will let you do basically anything you want, but sometimes having that ability makes it feel overwhelming. However, I'd hardly call that a con since 1) I'd rather have too many options than not enough, and 2) the support team and knowledge base help you through whatever scenario you're in.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

The only true competitor that we had before Aha! was UserVoice for idea collection. Aha allows you to build as many idea portals as you want, both internal and external facing. But, most importantly, the process of tracking, responding to, and developing an idea is all within one platform, meaning the process is incredibly smooth and provides visibility to all necessary parties.

Susu from Spok

All around great tool for product strategy - the "why" behind the roadmap

I used Aha previously as well as just getting started with it at my current employer. After using Aha, you will never want to go back to the chaos of PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams, Sharepoint, etc. I have had nothing but great experiences with the Aha team, both during the trial period and once we became a customer.

Pros

- Easy to use and learn - Excellent support team, knowledgeable and responsive (all former product managers!) - Several templates to choose from, or create your own - Well defined structure for strategy, vision, goals and initiatives - single source of truth for the Product team - Easy to share content with stakeholders - Highly configurable to our organizations terminology and product hierarchy

Cons

- The presentation capabilities are somewhat rudimentary (formatting, graphics) - Limited ability to support the Jobs-to-be-Done methodology (there are ways, but it's a bit of a square peg in a round hole) - Embedded tables aren't sortable so it's a bit like older versions of Confluence

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Aha is more comprehensive, going beyond the roadmap and the "what" we are building to having dedicated space and structure for the "why" and "who" that drives the strategy. It's really product strategy + product development all in one. We weren't looking for an engineering tool like JIRA - we have that. We needed a place for business case development and strategic planning, sharing of real-time roadmaps, and a single source of truth for all things related to product strategy. The other tools seemed like targeted solutions to parts of product management rather than the entire discipline.

Geraldine from CityTaps

Industry: Utilities

Flexible software to allow Product Managers to refocus on strategy

Pros

I particularly like how Aha! allows the PM to link the features/tasks the team are working on to the reasons why these features have been defined and prioritized over others. It gives a clear direction to the entire team. I recently joined a startup company as a product manager and I felt daunted by the amount of features and tasks that were waiting to be developed in the backlog. The team was working in Agile mode, releasing features as soon as they were developed. It was extremely complicated to organize them around objectives and priorities and we had no visibility on when each of them would become available. Some members also felt that the team was sometimes working on features that should not be considered high priority. Aha! solves these problems as it helped us organize the developments into theme-boxed releases (even if we actually put features in production as they are developed) and the master features improve clarity by grouping features into epics. Each of them are also now clearly graded in term of business value and effort and linked to overarching goals and initiatives in order to justify the priorities. The dynamic reporting features are also a real time-saver. Finally the hotline is amazing! I had a couple of exchanges with them and their reactivity and helpfulness was way above my expectations.

Cons

I have only used the software as a trial until now, so I haven't spent too much time in adapting it to our specific needs. Once we sign up for the paid version, I know that I will have to dedicate a few days to set it up to best fit our needs and customize a few of the options. I am glad that their support team is so responsive. I am pretty sure I will need their help and I am looking forward to working with them and benefiting from their experience from other companies.

Simon from Biotaware

A Product Manager's best friend

Pros

Having been on a long journey over the years with many different types of project/product management software solutions, none of them ever seemed to be "the one". Aha takes a different approach, and focuses on management of end-customer value that is aligned against the vision you have for your company and its products. It's the first work management platform I've used that took this holistic approach, and actually its massively empowering. I'm now able to construct high level roadmaps for complex projects that span multi-discipline teams that can be reported to all stakeholders very clearly and easily. Managing the features the team are going to focus on in a customer centric way is also great. Yes, you can use Aha for task management, but often in a product management capacity it's more important to express WHAT customer outcomes & benefits we want, and then let the team figure out HOW to deliver them. Moreover, the customer support from the Aha team is excellent, with plenty of guides not just how to use the platform, but also how to strategically tackle typical challenges that product managers face. I highly recommend Aha. It's a liberating product from a team that clearly have an awesome culture based around customer success.

Cons

Aha is a sophisticated tool that's very flexible and configurable so it takes a little while to get fluent with everything it can do, and understand the best workflow patterns with it. That said, once you find your groove it gets much easier. The support team help with that though. Pricing is also in the premium end of the market, particularly for smaller companies, but then you do tend to get what you pay for.

John from Health Network Labs

Great Tool for Project & Portfolio Mgmt

We can share project information and status immediately within our team, also useful for visual displays for internal and external meetings.

Pros

As an IS project management team, we like Aha's ability to organize all project and portfolio information in one spot. The custom report section's timeline report is used frequently for all portfolio reviews, and it allows us to drill down to a product, release, feature with 3 clicks. We also use the comments sections for meeting minutes and another task tracking. I would estimate we only use 50% of Aha's capabilities but are very happy with our purchase. I Also customer service is 5 star when I submit an email I get a response often within the hour.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but videos help. I think you need a senior resource that will take a couple weeks to sift through all the features and identify what's important for your implementation vs. nice to have. Since we are an IS PM team, we don't use strategy and ideas, we only use product, release, features & reports tabs. We have experimented with strategy and ideas features but have not had the time to fully explore. There are a couple of items I have mentioned to customer service: I would like the ability to store documents with the assurance I can recall if needed - currently, when I attach word docs I have to keep a backup in SharePoint based on advice from customer service. I would like the calendar to exclude weekends as the default (or as an option) currently when I set up releases using my templates I have to go in and change start and end dates to workdays,

Ryan from BookingBug Inc

Aha! is a refreshing restart for Project Management software after a big search for a suitable tool!

Increased ability to manage projects effectively and an ability to handle more projects without a decrease in organization. Upscaling the company's activities as we grow, Aha! is able to positively affect a single project, and also adds benefit when managing multiple projects in an environment that may be stretched for resources at any given time. Aha! can grow with your company.

Pros

Vast amount of functionality related to almost all aspects of project management. The scheduling tools to set up different timelines and dependencies on a project is the best I have seen in a single self-contained project management tool. Apart from basic time management and scheduling tools there are also a wide array of data analysis that can produce graphs, charts, and reports on project details recorded into Aha!, providing info previously unrecorded or not taken advantage of while using previous platforms. This allows you to see how much time you spend, your pain points, and areas of improvement for a single project or for the entire company as a whole.

Cons

As with any complicated software, the software has a steep learning curve and it is difficult to build new processes in a company for a program with this much coverage and that touches so many aspects of the company. Oftentimes when we began using the product for a certain purpose we found that it was often required to make adjustments in other areas of the company to effectively use the software. A good example would be our adjustment of protocols in the company with JIRA to effectively leverage functionality in Aha!. This often meant work required in those areas that was not initially foreseen. However, when was said and done - after on-boarding the product the benefit was a net increase in our ability to effectively manage projects.

Ryan from Estateably

A Product Manager's Bible

Portfolio planning made easy. We had a pretty big disconnect between business, product and development up until discovering Aha! The tool we are actively using for our development sprints is not well-liked by the business/product heads so using Aha! has made a significant difference on how we plan our portfolio of products, visualize them on a shared roadmap, attribute market strategies to them and ultimately prioritize items from Aha! as the source of truth and push the "ready for development" items into Aha!

Pros

The breadth and depth of its functionality. You can really tell this is a platform built BY product managers FOR product managers.

Cons

The ramp up time took a little longer than we would've liked but thats the nature of the beast when you are working with a tool this powerful. Once I, as the power user, got the hang of everything, I was able to hold a few lunch and learn sessions with the rest of the team to get them up to speed as well.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Better roadmap functionality, much bigger emphasis on planning and external facing capability to allow our customers to share their feedback on our roadmaps.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

Not nearly enough power for what we require.

Grant from ApplicationWorks

This product has it all.

Excellent experience so far. Putting more time into the setup and structure pays dividends later down the track. This is where the training and documentation really puts it ahead of the competition as we have not had a situation where we have not found an answer.

Pros

This product can scale like our aspirations - it is very useful when you are small for structuring how to work, and when you are large for managing the multiple streams of development. Great integration to other products like Azure DevOps and Microsoft Teams as well, this formed a large part of our decision-making for purchase.

Cons

At first we struggled with integrating this with our standard project management tools. Then we realised that educating our delivery leads to use the built-in tools was more efficient (and cost effective) than double-handling! Problem solved, and efficiency gains as well.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

The ease of use and intuitive nature of the platform was the main driver. The other was the advanced features that we think will be required as we grow. We did not want to limit our growth to the initial software, or have to migrate mid-flight in our growth range.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

Ease of use and ability to scale as we grow.

Jon from Sydney Local Health District

Great Start!

Program-level road mapping is looking very positive. We are looking to continue the evaluation for a bit more and then look to purchase a number of enterprise-wide licences for program and project managers to utilise and share a common and collaborative platform.

Pros

Very robust, yet flexible to my needs and presentation. Always accessible with the cloud-based format. Visual illustrations of roadmaps and timelines across many projects and programs conveys customisable key messages to all key stakeholders- Executives, managers, and team members, alike. Customer support is also awesome; I was able to engage in a 1:1 tutorial and answer all my queries at that time and readily afterwards.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve as to how to apply the software to fit my requirements and intentions. Customer support helped a lot to easily overcome that.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

For the integration and features noted above.

ALEX from KaufmanHall

Powerful Product Management Tool

Great productivity tool for any Product Management Team.

Pros

C-Suite and Executive level Goals and Initiatives are linked all the way down to Features and Defects worked on by Engineering. Live reports (can be used in Aha presentations) are a huge time saver. A versatile tool that provides the Product Management team with lots of options for roadmap creation, program increment & release planning and tracking. Support is amazing and very responsive. Live updates to the software. Great to get new features without extra wait time.

Cons

Live updates to the software. Sometimes the updates are unexpected and break current behaviors internal processes with no warning. Takes days/weeks to adjust afterward. Unclear on why certain features are changed. The response is frequently that user groups said it should work the new way. No clarity of how to access this pool of user groups to share opinions. If possible, both new and old options need to be allowed. Where possible need to allow to turn certain features on/off at the global level. Recently started to push out certain features (e.g. Automation) only to higher subscription tier levels. Software is expensive enough to have all features at all levels. More direct/hands-on support can be kept at higher levels.

Stephanie from Descartes Systems

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

All a product manager can dream of!

There's a few major benefits: * consistent roadmaps throughout the product porfolio * transparency on roadmaps and release plans throughout the whole company * closer collaboration & transparency with customers through the ideas portal * higher efficiency in Product Management due to clear structure and standardized processes * better focus on strategy instead of only tactical fire-fighting * easy integration with the R&D tool (Azure DevOps in our case)

Pros

As a product manager you get a lot of information daily from all kinds of sources - and none of the tools that R&D typically use support you in structuring that information. So, you end up with Excel sheets, One Note notebooks, word docs in Sharepoint folders - everything scattered out. When we introduced Aha! the immediate effect was that suddenly everything has a place: from vision to strategic goals to tactical user story specifications, wireframes etc. It's right where you need it when you need it.

Cons

Introducing Aha! requires a mindset change in the Product Management team - everybody needs to embrace it and actually start using it to make an impact. This has been, and still is, the biggest challenge we're facing. I do not recommend buying Aha! if you don't have an internal champion who will help standardizing the usage and train the other team mates.

Mike from Stitcht

Only paid for task management software to use!

Great so far. Always quick to respond and really helpful. They even let me pause my account while we had a slow down in the business.

Pros

There are so few tools that allow you to develop the strategic direction of a product alongside the aspects of delivery. Being able to add the strategic vision, goals and initiatives plus link those to the releases and roadmap is awesome! I also love how as the product management I can see all the work passed to my team in a release schedule view whilst also maintaining a Kanban view for my team's workflow management. Stop messing around with Jira/Confluence, Monday or Trello and get on Aha!

Cons

The tool is so rich that it can take some getting used to but once you get stuck in then you really feel the benefit!

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

I disliked the interface and many things weren't intuitive. It also wasn't as feature rich as Aha.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

It reached the limit of what it could do and the boards became messy. To upgrade to the Business Class was the same price as Aha so it was a no brainer!

Andrew from OutMatch HCM

Game changing Product Management Software

Exceptional!

Pros

The software makes Product Management possible at scale. What I love is the ability to gather all different feature and enhancmeent ideas from around my company easily through Aha's idea portals. All of our employees now know to drop any of their ideas into our portal so that the product team can actively manage them and push them into the product. Gone are the days of countless emails saying, "I wish the product did xyz..." or being stopped in the hallway to be told about a feature request. Our employees easily transfer ideas from our clients directly into our portals too. It's a lifesaver!

Cons

The product is great and I don't have any negatives to say! Takes a little while to think about how you want it implemented, but it's very flexible and can scale with your team.

More functionality

Anvar from Onexfort

Product Roadmap Tool in a Post-Agile era

Pros

We are building industry-specific business operations software expanding organically into many relative industries and this needs extensive product planning. We use Jira for our development and have use(d) Trello and Asana for other projects. Although all of these tools are useful we need a high-level view and a tool to achieve our short/long term goals and eventually our vision. Aha! is a great fit for our requirement and will be using it for a long time to come.

Cons

We are still exploring features of integrating with other tools and there may be a disconnect in connect to other tools.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

A perfect fit for product road mapping.

Neil from Bella Vou

Tool of choice for Marketing Management

Our business lacked proper management of our (extensive) marketing functions. All goals, initiatives and timelines existed in emails, on white boards, notebooks and post-it notes. But by putting all this data into one place we're always able to link every activity to an over-arching goal, focus on those activities that will bring the highest reward and track where we're at in terms of meeting targets. This is the first time we've really started taking our marketing management seriously and we reviewed a whole range of competitors to Aha!. Aha! has turned out to be the Goldilocks of project management apps since the others we tried have either been too complicated or too simple. Everybody in our team have their own jobs to do, they're all busy people so trying to get them to buy into a complicated project management program would never work, but Aha! has achieved maximum adoption with minimum training (an no grumbles).

Pros

I like the flexibility of this software, you can get started by setting up all your top-level strategy info and work you way down, or just jump in by getting some of the tasks off your desk while adding in the high-level stuff to see results right away. Aha! talk you though their hierarchy in great detail, but there's loads of flexibility to customise it for what works for your business and it was easy to get this set up. Their Demo templates are also useful to give context to some of the features.

Cons

Aha! has been well thought out and it's highly adaptable for many different businesses, however this can appear daunting when you're first starting out since you feel you need to use every tool they have, but when you start dropping in some of your 'real' data you can see which features work, which you'll grow into and which you're unlikely to use.

Jaana from Enterprise BlockChain Solutions

Fantastic tool for a startup to manage strategy and roadmap

Pros

I used Aha! in my previous job as a Product Manager. When I started my own company, Aha! was the obvious choice for me to use to build our short and long term roadmaps. Aha! guides you through roadmap creation starting from your strategy, vision and business environment. The way Aha! is set up makes you think through all critical aspects of your business like the competitive landscape, and take them into account in your roadmap planning. Going through the roadmap process in Aha! ensures that we stay focused on the right things that bring us the most value. Aha! Customer Success Team is legendary. In my 20+ years of career I've never experienced anything like it. True professionals who know what they're doing. The team responds to issues within minutes. They resolve the issues within minutes. They want you to be successful, and provide you advice and best practices to get you there. This is how customers should be treated, and Aha! is an inspiration to us in that!

Cons

I love it all! Only downside is that now I get really annoyed when contacting someother companies' customer service and my questions and requests disappear into a black hole. Aha! has shown a new standard that other companies would benefit in trying to reach!

Andras from The Open Group

Best in class Release Management SaaS Solution

I used Aha! in a 400K person software develop company and then implemented in a SMB NFP standards organization. It was able to support both environments without issue. Great response from a network / app pov. Scales to your organization needs.

Pros

Aha! is SaaS based Release management software that provides a very flexible and customizable process based engine which provides unsurpassed reporting and analytics of your releases and strategy. The product provides good integration with other devops tooling and non-licensed based portals for access by average non-seated users.

Cons

There is a need for strong SCRUM or process background and it will take some effort to setup the processes. This is not necessary a con but the tool requires a couple of weeks of effort to setup before adding users. Even then I suggest you add a project test the process and adjust.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Functional capabilities and integration with GitLAb, Box and Slack.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

Ease of use and functionality

Marie from Doctor.com

Excellent product and excellent service

The service at Aha is outstanding! Just recently, I had a question that I needed some help with. I sent it into customer support and had an answer within a few hours. CSR worked with me to solve my problem, gave me great suggestions, and left me with a lot of confidence in Aha.

Pros

I love that it's specifically built for product managers, instead of trying to force us into using project management software. I daily use the reports for monitoring progress, as well as for setting expectations within the company around our roadmap. I've used the integrations both with Jira and Azure DevOps, and both are very solid! The ideas portal is fabulous! Easy to configure, easy to use, and saves me hours of headaches trying to manage that.

Cons

Creating a brand new report from scratch is actually harder than you would think it should be. Though, if you want to create a report from a template, it's super easy. Also, the UI definitely feels a bit dated in places. When trying to convince my company to use Aha rather than Productboard, it was difficult for them to see past the "Sexier" UI in Productboard to understand that Aha had better & more features

Scott from SNCommunications

Startup experience bridging technical and business stakeholders

It has not been easy adapting the tool to meet a broad cross-organisational need for our customer but it is starting to get traction as the customer's business team starts to get visibility of their business and the impact of decisions made. It has been a great experience for everyone and the flexibility of Aha! has been a key ingredient.

Pros

This product is giving us the capability of representing complex solutions in an appropriate package for business and non-technical decision makers. Once the data is loaded, the integration with technical platforms is complete, and the language is normalised then we have the ability to represent complex technical environments for business teams and give people visibility of key technical programs. The ideas factory is also a great add-on to solicit deeper and more transparent engagements with key stakeholders.

Cons

The main con I have experienced is learning how to adapt the guidance and examples provided to match the customer's specific environment and organisational needs. Key customer stakeholders are very technical so a lot of thinking and experimentation is needed to bridge the highly technical knowledge base with the business teams needs and focus. Our experience is that the Con (being that the tool is to flexible) this also a Pro as, given time and focus, we are succeeding because of the flexibility of the tool.

Reasons for Switching to Aha!

Spreadsheets and PowerPoint are useful tools but to difficult to maintain. Atlasssian related tools are to complex and are not able to reflect business concepts at the right level for the audience.

Doug from Deceptively Simple Technologies Inc

Without Equal -- Absolutely Essential for Strategic Thinking and Planning

I used Aha! very successfully in my previous job, and when I decided to start my own company, it was one of the first pieces of software I knew I needed to license. No way I'm starting something this important without it.

Pros

Comparing Aha! with other business software like Trello, Airtable, Jira, etc entirely misses the point. Aha! is about strategy. It's a serious tool for serious thinkers, not a lightweight, card metaphor. It encourages you to think through what you want to accomplish and why, while enabling you to link the releases and features that make up your strategic roadmap to these measurable, strategic objectives. Features can (and should!) be easily linked with tactical Jira User Story (and Subtask) and Task issues, which will then bi-directionally sync Feature/issue data between systems and automatically update completion percentage for at-a-glance executive status reporting. I've tried a LOT of other products, including those solutions built on top of Jira. Save yourself the time, and check out Aha! It's the only product that actually helps me think through my strategy and links these models and timelines to tactics so that I can see progress against my objectives.

Cons

The state of Gantt charts can be a little confusing, e.g. "Click here for latest version" and/or enabled "Save" button, when I haven't made any changes.

Dan from Workhuman

Best customer service and support

Our organization continues to expand the use of Aha. From Feature management, have also expanded to Idea Management, and are now taking on a more strategic use of goals, initiatives, and the like.

Pros

While the product is very good, Aha's customer service and support is far and away the best I have ever encountered, not only from software providers but pretty must across all walks of life. So responsive, so informative with the responses, and if anything needs some additional work, they are quick to schedule a timely call to work through solutions to satisfaction.

Cons

Navigation can leave a little to be desired. can be very confusing if not in it every day

Road map reporting, integration with Jira, Ideas management

Tim from Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Game Changer for Product Portfolio Planning

Aha worked with us in a very patient and collaborative manner to understand our needs and create the right solution package to help us make this transition successful. They worked with us over the course of 3 months on the setup and were available on a daily basis to answer questions and provide advice.

Pros

1. The roadmap interface is intuitive, clean, and provides the visual information at a glance that our end users can easily understand. 2. The integration with JIRA is robust and reliable. 3. The support is excellent with quick turn-around and helpful solutions.

Cons

I would like a "drag and drop" ability to manage dependencies between Releases/Epics/Stories on the roadmaps. I'm sure it will be added in the future, as Aha provides an excellent forum for obtaining feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Best combination of functionality, interface, and support. Aha has tremendous experience in this field and it shows in their product.

Omar from Accenture

Bringing Method to Madness

Overall, i feel that AHA can solve multiple challenges that our team is facing in terms of standardizing a product lifecycle and creating the relevant reports across each stage of the lifecycle

Pros

A Product Manager's job is not easy, it comes with 100% accountability with 0% authority. A Product manager needs to have influence for bringing everyone on the same page without compromising individual goals. AHA really helps a product manger in getting the priorities right and communicating that effectively to all the stakeholders. I have been using AHA primarily to bring an element of governance in a team of more than 25 Product Managers who are working on similar goals but lose their track mid way during a product lifecycle and end up playing the role of only a Project Manager. Besides its usefulness, the platform has a great stickiness quotient as well which keeps bringing back you to the platform to explore more. I am just getting started with AHA but i clearly feel that this tool will be a great value addition to my team by aligning everyone with the organization goal of our business

Cons

I think AHA is pretty much 10/10 in terms of the feature but i feel that if they had an on-prem deployment option, then it would have made our case easier for deployment on our premise as there are some client sensitive data which make using the SaaS version a little difficult.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Because it aligned with our vision of a classic product management lifecycle

Brian from LPL Financial

Love Aha

Work intake, feature/story refinement, prioritization, scheduling, and communication to stakeholders.

Pros

Aha is a very user-friendly application that provides powerful functionality for a product manager. The ease it offers to collect feedback as ideas from stakeholders and move them forward into features and epics that get handed off to a development team is great. I also really like the ability to create multiple boards that I can use to organize my thoughts and prioritize the work. Aha is also very easy to get started with because of the knowledge base and videos that exist. When you do have a problem you can't work through the support team is great. Amazingly quick response, friendly and ready to help.

Cons

There used to be features that I was looking to have added, but Aha puts out frequent releases and has added everything I was looking for. They also make it easy to submit ideas for future enhancements through the Aha idea portal that they have set up for their own product.

Leroy from Bimbos Bakeries USA

Industry: Food Production

Aha! Making an Impact at BBU

The business issue solved here allows Sales to have it's own solution for product owners, project and development management, ideas portals for frontline feedback, and provides solutions quickly without absorbing IT resources to accomplish Sales goals.

Pros

The most liked capabilities include road maps, Releases, Epics, and Features allowing for execution in the Agile model. The initial configuration for SSO was relatively simple and integration with Jira is a WIP item. The road map functionality allowed me to present a detailed overview of deliverables over the next year from Initiatives, Goals, and provide the Agile delivery expectations. The Executives have a vision and this makes it better and easier to make informed decisions.

Cons

Although, considered Cons everything encountered from Colors on Roadmaps to new products like Surveys the Aha! team is always engaging and ready for feedback. Also, the feedback is actionable and they are already working on these solutions.

Reasons for Choosing Aha!

Aha! was chosen for the capability to communicate and collaborate ideas with the frontline and business partners outside the organization. This also allows Sales to have it's own solution not associated with the IT Department to manage incoming requests as well as a process for managing said requests.

Jon Paul from RLDatix

The Only Product Management Software

My overall experience with AHA has been outstanding. It shows that the team developing this product has a deep understanding of what their customers are trying to accomplish. The user experience and design of the product is very well done and he customer support is outstanding. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the support team in particular went above and beyond to help me and my team. Thanks AHA!

Pros

AHA is a critical tool for managing each step in the software development lifecycle. From discovery to delivery this tool is used to keep my roadmap organized and to inform stakeholders as progress is made.

Cons

Sometimes when work is moved around the associations to things like initiatives and releases breaks. It's not that big of a deal but it would be nice if associations were maintained. Another area of improvement would be expanded tools for supporting mergers and acquisitions. When two companies using AHA merge, it would be nice to be able to map and migrate the two instances of AHA instead of having to export and import each object in the system.