• Pros

• "Very easy to use Easy to customize. Very versatile Will work for many different applications and purposes"

• "Mobile app is a must. It's easy, intuitive and displays in bold text my work time. I also love that I can see in dollars how much I've earned."

• "Convenient, easy to use , I love being able to leave a description , and having a record on hand to reference "

• Cons

• "Sometimes freezes for brief seconds. But overall it’s great. "

• "Sometimes it crashed frequently and it causes huge problems but they are fixed promptly with the chat team"

• "Occasionally I will have a random bug where locations or project info won't show up. Other than that, i have no complaints!"

Browse busybusy Reviews

Necia from SmartOne, Inc.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great Reports!

Pros

I love the reports this software generates! We have multiple projects going on simultaneously in multiple locations with multiple employees. This software tracks the projects each employee is on, how much time each employee spends at each project and the type of work each employee is performing while at the project site. You can generate reports for such activities as labor activity by date, cost code, equipment, employee or the project itself. The software also tracks the timecard entries for any pay-period or date range, you can print the timecards, employees can verify and sign off on their time.

Cons

Due to the lack of sensitivity of the GPS tracking, occasionally you will need to broaden the circle of your project so that your employees will receive a notice to "clock in" and "clock out," this gives your employees a little slack to clock in when they may not physically be back at the project.

Response from busybusy

Replied November 2018

Wow! Thanks for the nice review! We love our customers and are happy to hear that the reporting is working so well for you.

Melinda from Klingelhofer Management Group, LLC

We use Busybusy both in the field and in the office. We love the flexibility & mobility it gives us!

Access to real-time data and tracking and the ability for users to provide additional information by using descriptive fields.

Pros

It can be used anywhere. We have construction crews in the field and it's great that they can use it wherever they are and we can have real-time data without having to wait for the end of the week for paper timecards. It takes a lot of the burden off of our foremen and frees them up for more important work. Plus, their customer service is outstanding!

Cons

Limited reporting features. Their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that nut then needs to be manipulated in Excel.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi Melinda, Thank you for your review. We are happy your mobile crew can easily capture and send data from the field. It's a bummer to hear our reports are limited. I hope you've been able to submit the reports as feature request. If not, I'd be happy to jump on a shared screen meeting with you to further look at what reports you need. Thank you, Jairo

John from Duckworth Backhoe, Inc

Looks great, but features are lacking.

None unless you want to consider a giant headache a benefit.

Pros

The reporting is great, lacks a little but is still better than others out there. It's quicker than some others when having to adjust time as well.

Cons

1. Must refresh almost constantly because the software doesn't update like it should. 2. When changing time it must be done from reporting if doing more than one employee. When doing so, if I'm working on someone on the bottom of the list of employees, instead of remembering where I left off, it goes back to the top every time. 3. App doesn't work most of the time - if you're in a dead area, recording does no good as there's no wifi to connect the device and record the information. 4. Employees unable to change their time, even when the option is selected for them to do so. 5. When initial login happens, it NEVER remembers the password and an entire fiasco happens because of it. Not good when you have a lot of employees all doing this at the same time. It certainly takes a lot of time away from the person setting it all up. 6. No feature to make the signing of time sheets a requirement, only an option, and no one signs the time sheets because they're not required to. 7. GPS only takes a snapshot of the location where they initially clocked in. It doesn't record locations throughout the day. When accountability is a factor, it's key to get real-time, readable GPS. 8. More expensive than many others that promise less functionality. BusyBusy promises more functionality, therefore making it one of the top charging companies, but doesn't deliver anything near what you expect. We cancelled our subscription and went back to paper. That's how bad it was.

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so glad to hear you've found the reports and editing useful and easy! Thank you for the detailed feedback, I will reach out to you to discuss each point further. Some of these are feature requests, but for some of them we do have solutions! -ZL

Jorge from Advanced Construction & Design

it does what you needed for. but it gets stack or freezes without advise

What I mentioned on top, that it fulfills the DOT Requirements for the use of ELD Devices that reached a death line where now it is mandatory; I really wish it does the long Driver-logs for on the road too? may be it will be something you are working on and then it will be ideal? as per the price? I don't know how much you charge since i'm not the owner of company I used for .

Pros

THat it really does what the new rule of Driver Local will ask for as it applies to me as a Truck Driver Local within the 100 miles radius

Cons

it consumes your battery real fast and before you know you are out unless you inhabilitate the location. sometimes, it also don't save your entry as you did? you run the day thinking that it is tracking and at the end you find it that it still hanging on the save screen?

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the review. Our location services really only logs when you clock in. If you are not running your location services otherwise you will notice a change in the battery usage. This can be seen in your battery diagnostics within the app. Our recommendation is to disable the location services for other apps. -DH

Overall a good and simple way for me to track job costs and employee hours. Super easy to use

Pros

Clock in/clock out location function allows me to see who started on what job when. It takes no time to show a new employee how to use and work the app, and I can easily see employees hours and cost right when I need to

Cons

When I go to enter someone's time manually, as I enter their start time it automatically adjusts their end time and visa-versa. Not a huge issue but gets annoying

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad you have had a good experience with the app! Please reach out to us from the support button within the app or reach out to us (855) 287-9287 or email support@busybusy.com we will be happy to help you. -MMA

I use this app to track my nanny. It's easy to use and track hours, any notes and expenses.

Transparency and accurate reporting of hours. I also like the GPS feature so I know I'm not over paying.

Pros

I have at a glance access to the amount of hours my nanny is acquiring. So I know if I need to cut back on the long hours or if I have enough in my budget for date night!

Cons

Sometimes there is a delay in the reporting and it won't reflect right away if my nanny has clocked out.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the review. We are happy to help you with the delay on the report. Please reach out to us (855) 287-9287 or email support@busybusy.com we will be happy to help you. -MMA

Adam from Devlin Construction Ltd

ease of use, have all the feature for a great time capture system

saving on payroll processing

Pros

apps for phone and tablet export to some accounting software possibility to use cost codes track equipment time

Cons

missing a scheduling function app for phone is not totally stable all the time could get a task manager function

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi Adam, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Love to hear that you've found cost codes and equipment easy to use and useful! Thanks for the feedback regarding those features you'd like to see! I'll reach out to you directly for more information on what you'd like to see. -ZL

Taylor from Xtreme Cleaning & Restoration

So simple to use! Finally an app all my techs don't complain about!

Less headache when payday comes around!

Pros

The time card reports, they make doing payroll so much quicker! Easy to find, easy to read!! Also the break tracking feature. I'm not hunting down technicians anymore to ask them if they took a break, it's right there at my fingertips when I'm ready to process payroll :)

Cons

Very rarely, but its happened a couple of times, I've been logged out of my app on my phone. Nothing too frustrating, I log back in and I'm back in business!

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Thanks so much for the kind words, Taylor. We are thrilled to hear that software is working for you so well. -DH

Derek from Stonehenge Renovations LLC

We use busy busy to track all of our employees, hourly and salary. It helps us see real cost on jobs

We don't have paper time cards and don't have to verify every person's time.

Pros

It's easy to use for our guys and that's the most important thing for being in the field. It's fast and reliable.

Cons

The app doesn't allow our office personnel to see the amounts to be paid in the time cards. We need the ability to see our cost per job and per employee in the field.

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Hi Derek, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you are able to see real costs in real time. You should be able to see that information on the app in the labor activity reports. Go to reports from the main menu>>project or employee activity. Please let us know if this helps, JC

Scott C. from Noble Knights Construction Services, Inc.

Installation was easy. So far so good.

Tracking my time has been helpful. I was missing out on some billable hours. It also seems to help me with time management.

Pros

I use it on my smart phone. Therefore it is always accessible. Adding new categories is easy. Correcting errors is not difficult either. With no instruction, I felt comfortable using the program. When I had time, I explored it and the user interface is intuitive.

Cons

There is an adjustment at remembering to clock in and switch between tasks. When I first installed it, I seemed to have issues with it freezing or locking up. I would have to reboot my phone to get it working again. This happened most often when adding a description. I haven't had that occur lately so perhaps that bug has been resolved.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

We are always looking to improve the experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team right from the the app. We want to ensure that you get the help you need! -DH

Chris from Pacific Environmental Technologies, Inc.

An overall valuable asset.

Pros

BusyBusy was easy to deploy and is straightforward and easy to use. One thing some of our employees did find confusing was the multiple versions of BusyBusy available on the Google Play Store. All in all, it does a good job tracking time and syncing with our payroll backend (Quickbooks Enterprise). The ability to specify budget hours and dollars helps our managers and executives gain a clearer picture of overall job health from a labor standpoint, strictly in terms of expenditures. Perhaps in the future, the ability to implement deadlines and rudimentary project scheduling along with labor budgeting would provide a clearer picture of overall job health from both a labor and scheduling perspective -- something that every manager sorely needs. Additionally, we love the reminders and geofencing capability (though it has its kinks), and location stamping all clocking activity is a verifiable way for accounting to determine the location of employees when they clock in/out (i.e., they're where they're supposed to be, not at the local dive bar).

Cons

There are some features that I have suggested to the development team there, and there are some cumbersome aspects regarding the use of the App. 1) Switching tasks frequently is cumbersome. Our management in particular likes to track time on a very granular level, against a large amount of subprojects. Replacing the map on the "Switch Task" screen with an icon-based favorites list (8 items) and recent history (4 items) to allow for 2-tap task switching would save time for everyone and decrease the possibility of an incorrectlyh selected task from the existing drop downs. 2) The reporting functions are very rudimentary. In my experience, they are either too general or too granular. Its hard to determine how many hours were worked against specific subprojects, who worked them, and on what days. However, every company has different reporting needs, and thusly the ability to export all time entires for a specific project (or subproject) as a CSV would prove extremely useful for meeting custom reporting needs (currently I export time card reports and filter via Pivot Table in Excel). 3) Reorganizing ongoing projects would also be handy. We have a scenario where multiple foremen have setup multiple subprojects for the same punchlist items and have instructed their crews to clock against their created subprojects, respectively. This creates some headache when trying to aggregate all the data to determine how many hours were spent against a specific item.

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Hi Chris, Thank you for your detailed review. We are happy you liked how easy it was to deploy. We are glad you like the budgeting tool. It sounds like the cons you mentioned are all feature requests. Have you suggested these features within your account? Simply go to support>>suggest features. Please let us know if you need help with this step and thank you for your time. JC

Kawika from ELJ Construction, Inc.

As an employee that uses this app, I am satisfied with the accurate timekeeping & it's GPS.

Accurate time keeping and book keeping for labor costs, per project. GPS tracking that will show the location when each employee has clocked in and clocked out, whether for normal work, as well as lunch breaks.

Pros

I love this app because of the clock-in accuracy and the ability to easily move from project site to project site. It is very easy to use, I literally taught myself how to use this app and discovered other features that I felt were benefiting for myself as well as for my employer. I love that it can keep records of costs for each project, which makes book keeping much easier when it comes to labor costs. I also like that I can review my hours for the week prior before I sign and submit to our payroll department. This way I can bring up any discrepancies that I may have. It's also easy to add new employee's and archive the ones that have either left or been terminated. It's easy to fix any discrepancy, if any, that regards hours or project location.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about this software is that on rare occasions I've had my GPS notification pop us stating that I have stepped away from the office, and if I would like to clock out, even though I haven't left the office. Other than that this program has been awesome.

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Hi Kawika, Thank you for your review. We are happy you love the software and how accurate the timekeeping is. You can simply ignore those notification you get when it asks you to clock out of the location. It's just a reminder to help keep track of accurate time. I would review the geolocation for the office and expand it a bit more to prevent this from happening. I hope this helps, Jairo

Kyle from Forever Furniture, Inc.

Industry: Furniture

Busybusy has taken away the headache from our old time card system

We were able to track our jobs and the hours our employees worked per job more accurately. It's also helped our employees be a little more responsible for their own time cards.

Pros

It was very easy for our employees to learn how to use the app on their phones. When they forget to clock in or out, it is possible for me to go in and edit their hours. I also like the reports that are available. It makes it easy when it comes to payday to see a report of each employee and double-check the hours they worked.

Cons

Some of the tasks take a few too many clicks to get through or are a little confusing. For example, finding an employees time card from a previous day takes 4 or 5 different menus. I've gotten used to it after using it for so long, but I remember it was confusing at first. I also struggle with the little clock that pops up to choose an employees clock-in or clock-out time. I'd rather just type in the time than move the hour/minute hands on a clock. I also wish there was a way to get notified when an employees scheduled time off is coming up. We let our employees schedule time off as far out as possible, but when the time comes, we've forgotten about it. We actually don't use this feature of the Busybusy software, but would if it was more helpful to us.

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Great review and fair critiques. We are actively working on improving the navigation on our web and mobile experience, as well as a notification piece. Thanks for the great ratings!

LM from SunWest Management

it is easy to use and great when working with lots of part time employees

Pros

Easy to use, great for several type of employees, I like how they can sign their time card on their phones, as most employees are not always at work on Sundays when the pay period ends. Easy to set up new employees, and keep an eye on who is clocked in. We got everyone trained on how to use this very quickly.

Cons

It would be great if the Desk Top option had the weekly view alike the phone version does. It would help if at the end of the work week an employee could sign their time card and not have to wait until the end of the pay period. With seasonal part-time employees they may only work once and then have to wait 10 days to sign their time card, this wastes a lot of our supervisors time chasing down people to sign their time cards. I wish there was a setting where I could say print all time cards and not have to log into each one and print them all at the end of the pay period. I wish there was a way to use the "non gps" version. We don't want to track our employees by GPS, and some feel it is a privacy thing but the notice keeps popping up for them on their phones. Maybe there is something I don't know on this.

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review, LM! Our reporting functionality on the desktop version allows for custom date ranges. Additionally, you can print all of the timecards from the time card report. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions and we will be reaching out to help resolve your concerns. -David

Linda from Advent Funeral & Cremation Services

BusyBusy for the Busy Manager

Coming from the time clock era, my overall experience with BusyBusy has been excellent. We had a need for additional time keeping in our company and we found BusyBusy on Google Play. It was one of the best business decisions we have ever made. Its easy to use, has multiple features and reports that are necessary to track my employees. I love BusyBusy.

Pros

What I like most about BusyBusy is the access. You can log in at anytime so, their are less chances of an forgetting to log in time. Busybusy has great management features that make recording keeping a breeze. BusyBusy knows what the customer needs and will upgrade and adjust when necessary. BusyBusy support gets back to you pronto so you are never kept hanging. All questions are answered and all problems are resolved....that I like.

Cons

What I like least is that if you are not a supervisor and you need to add another employee you are unable to do so. What I have to look forward to is that BusyBusy will resolve this issue in the very near future.

Response from busybusy

Replied September 2018

Hi Linda, Thank you for your great review. We are glad its super easy for you to manage your team's times. You can set custom permission levels in the Pro version of our site to allow employees to add other employees to your company without editing their times. :) I hope this helps, JC

Chris from Excavation Kings LLC

100 times better than written timecards!

LOVE it! Will never go back to hand written time-cards. Saves me so much time!

Pros

We love the busy busy uses the internet to keep track of employee's timecards, we love that we don't ever have to guess or figure out what hours are written down with terrible penmanship. We love that we can access it on the mobile phone or from the PC and use all of the fuctions from anywhere. No more adding up hours manually it does the work for you! We also love that we can tie it to a geo location, and that it reminds people to sign their timecards for payroll. What don't I love about it, would be easier to type.

Cons

I don't subscribe to all the functions so I can't say what I don't like since I haven't tried it all. There isn't really anything I don't like. I do wish it was a little cheaper to sync with Quickbooks because I would totally do it then!

Response from busybusy

Replied September 2018

Hi Chris, Thank you for your review. We are happy with all the things you love about our app. We hope you continue to enjoy your usage on our app. You will love us even more if you decide to connect with your Quickbooks! :) Thank you, JC

Bart from Decorative Inc.

Just the ability to track time and lunches and coworkers

Pros

The ability to talk into my phone and have it text the words I am saying into notes The ability to search for job names and addresses within the app. And just the ease of the dashboard

Cons

Is that your GPS has to always be on they need to have it on while using app Sometimes it slow maybe that's my phone app I don't know why you can't copy and paste out of busybusy but you can paste into busybusy but can't copy and paste out of BusyBusy

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Hi Bart, Thank you for your review. We are glad you like the ability to speak your notes in and search for job details. Our app has a very efficient way of using the GPS feature. It only uses it whenever you clock in, clock out, go off/on break and switch jobs. It uses very little data and battery usage as well. I will suggest the ability to copy and paste within busybusy for you. Thank you for your time, Jairo

TRAVIS from Feller Enterprises

Love how it integrates with Quick books

The biggest thing for me is the time I save on payroll from the app communicating with quick books and assigning hours to the correct job.

Pros

Time and location stamp of employees, and how it integrates with quick books. Other great feature is that we have several jobs at the same Time and i am able to run reports on each job to see where we are using too many man hours.

Cons

There is not much that I can think of as cons, I have had several hiccups where an employee thought they have clocked out but the app has kept them clocked in so I have to fix time for employees quiet often, I don't see it has a big problem.

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Hi Travis, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so glad you've found Quickbooks integration to be helpful! I'll reach out to you regarding those phantom clock outs so we can prevent that from happening in the future. -ZL

Sukhdeep from NRG Electric Ltd

We are using busy busy in our electrical company. Busy busy is fairly easy to use on PC and mobile.

The exact time the employees worked onsite. I can track the break time and GPS location of employees.

Pros

I like the easy user interface of platform as it is simple to use on both computers and mobile phone. As an admin it gives me access to edit employees time cards if they made an mistake. The GPS feature is really great to find out where employees actually are when they log into busy busy. This way owner can check if employees are really onsite or not.

Cons

Only thing that bothers me is that software do not have 15 minutes time rounding feature. Everytime I got the timecards like 8:04 min and then have to adjust to 8 hours.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi Sukhdeep, Thank you for your review. We are glad its easy to use and edit time entries. We also love the GPS feature. We actually do have a rounding feature that rounds time in 15 minute intervals. From your computer, go to Company Settings>>Time Keeping>>Change next to Rounding Time. You will need access to Company Settings to be able to turn on this feature. I hope this helps, Jairo

Phillip from Coastal greenscapes

After the initial set up with support, navigating through the program was pretty easy! Love it!

Pros

I like that you can make changes if an employee made a bad punch in or out. Also, being able to make those adjustments on a cell phone if you're not at a computer, very convenient.

Cons

I don't like that the lunch time button says "break" not "Meal break", if there was ever an issue with legal, it would need to say lunch Break or Meal break... is this something that can be reprogrammed for Coastal Greenscapes?? Second: On a daily basis a few employees clock back in from their lunch, but the time continues on their lunch and multiple refreshes do not help to set them back on the timed screen. This makes us think that there is a software issue with some of the phones? most of our employees use ANDROID? is android the issue? please advise. This has caused conflict in the past...

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

We agree, the app is very convenient and easy to use. Great feedback as well. We will be reaching out directly to help resolve your concerns and issues. -DH

Klayton from Timberwolf excavating

Very user friendly

No messy time cards no waste of paper or book keeping

Pros

So easy to use , everything is titled with what you need to know and self explanatory to clock in and out easy to make adjustments when you forget to clock in and out or if you didn't take your brake

Cons

The bad things about the busy busy app were to start it's a great app I have nothing bad to say other then getting kicked off or out of the app but that may be the cell phone provider I use if I had to say one bad thing it would be to maybe make it were it's a little more user friendly to make adjustments to your time in the app other then the you could say you have A very happy user

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Hi Klayton, We appreciate the feedback. Your glowing review makes us blush! Look out for our next releases as we improve the simplicity to edit time. -David

Tammy from OROCON CONSTRUCTION LLC

Great Service

As stated before, it gives those of us who work away from the home office, the ease of being able to clock in and out and electronically sign our time cards.

Pros

I think it's a great service, especially for those of us that work out of state or are otherwise away from our home office and can not clock in and out the old fashion way! Being able to electronically sign your time card is another valuable feature. Also, I love that I can work from home and still be able to clock in and out.

Cons

I have not found anything about this program that I don't like. As for the question about cost above, that I can't say, because I do not pay for the service, but from an employee stand point, who uses it on a daily basis I think it's great!

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Hi Tammy, Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy you like the electronic signatures and clocking in remotely via the app. Does make things much easier. Please let us know how we can be of any service. Jairo

Easy navigation, I can explain how to use the app in less than five minutes to new employees.

Reporting is what I mainly use the software for.

Pros

Overall my experience with busybusy have been successful. I personally have had zero issues when it comes to the navigation and reporting while using the application. My experience with their customer service is outstanding and they will do whatever it takes to resolve the issue immediately. The overall navigation is simple and easy to use. My eleven year old knows how to use it. The cost is low comparable to other timekeeping applications.

Cons

As of today the only cons that I personally have is that it currently does not integrate with our bidding software. If this could integrate it would be the perfect software for our company.

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Appreciate the review! Integrations are a focus of ours as we continue to grow. We have some creative options to help you with whatever software you are using for your bidding. Please reach out to us and see if we can help! -DH

Anne-Marie from DUO Signage

Industry: Graphic Design

I researched dozens of options for time tracking and busy busy was the clear winner

Makes my life so much easier by not only tracking time worked but hours on each job.

Pros

Easy to use and excellent customer service. The chat feature works great and if an answer is not immediately available I'm kept up to date with the progress and have never had to go longer then 24 hours before an issue was resolved.

Cons

The photo download is basically useless. But rumor says there's a fix in the works. You can only download one picture at a time and the resolution is not great.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi Anne, Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy you are a happy busybusy customer. We currently updated our photos within the app so you can share them via email or upload them to your drive. Let us know what you think of the new improvements. Thank you, Jairo

Aron from Thermal Engineering

Positive and has good features

Quick and accurate time reporting

Pros

The mobile platform for the guys. The geofencing is a good feature. I like the GPS clock in locations and the ability to have descriptions of what the guys were doing.

Cons

Reports are a little difficult, No sync between old Busybusy and new. I had a little difficulty logging onto the jobs at first but figured it out. I wish that there was ability to have more reporting on my iPhone rather than the computer.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi Aron, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad to hear you like the geofencing, gps location, and descriptions! We are constantly adding new features and have added reporting to the mobile device. If theres more you'd like to see we'd love to hear your feedback under our feature requests! -ZL

Sarah from Local 324

I have had nothing but a great experiences. I enjoy using these app to keep track of my time.

Pros

I like that your most used options are saved for future use. It makes it easier and faster to go through and put in your time every day. Only using a few clicks and your all done. I also like that it list the day of the week and the date when putting in your time. It makes it easier for me so I don't have to remember just the date. It is easier to remember the day of the week and how many hours I worked.

Cons

I don't like how you put in the time you clock in and out. It would be easier if I could set up options so that the system always has the same start time that I start at. Currently it starts at 9 and ends at 5. My work day starts and 7 and ends at 3. If those times were preset and saved it would make it a lot easier for me to my time in.

Response from busybusy

Replied September 2018

Hi Sarah! Thanks for the review. It is totally possible for your company to set up a default start and stop time for everyone in the company. This is done through the web by going to Company Settings > Time Keeping > Default Entry Times. From there the admin can set what time you start and end the day.

Lindsy from JDM Landscape

Very easy for the employees to use during their busy day, easy for us to track.

Pros

I like that I can go on at any time and check a variety of things such as times, location, etc. The software make it easy to make changes quickly when needed. I also love the report features- such as looking at a specific project and a detailed description of the hours worked at that location.

Cons

Ive talked to support staff, and there doesn't seem to be a fix. The locations are accurate, however it doesn't show all their locations. It may show a clock in location but not a clock out, or not all breaks. It is rare for me to be able to see all locations for a person in a single day, making it difficult at times to fully track them and their time keeping accuracy.

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Hi Lindsy, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! So glad to hear you love the reports! I will contact you regarding locations, there are some things we can go over that may fix your issue. -ZL

Jane from SunWest Management.

BusyBusy has been amazing to use. It is easy to clock in and out from any device!

Not having to add up the hours on my own. The software does it on its own. I do not have to worry about printing my time card and delivering it to the right person. I just sign and I am done.

Pros

I love that my phone and computer sync up so I can clock in out my computer but when I am at an event or something and need to switch projects I can do that from my phone. This helps to cut down on wasted time going back and forth from sites.

Cons

There are times that my computer and phone don't show the same time. It is frustrating but is an easy fix. I also wish that I could sign my time card whenever I am done for the week. There are weeks in which I finish on a Thursday and I cannot sign my card until Sunday. This is something that I forget to do until the last minute. I wish we could fix this feature.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi Jane, Thank you for the feedback. We are happy you love how easy it is for you to use both apps. I will add you to the feature request we have already. Customers have also expressed a desire to sign time cards early and not have to wait until the pay period closes. Thank you, Jairo

Jason from Star Landscape

Great overall! Saves us time and money in many aspects of our business.

Pros

Eliminates the paper time cards. Saves time running payroll. Easy to job cost from reports. Easily check and verify that employees are where they are when they say they are. Customer service is great and they are always willing to help out and do it quickly.

Cons

During our slow months we go back and do an in depth review of all the jobs including labor hours and materials and it would be nice to be able to better organize archived jobs in to years completed. The more years we use it the more complicated it will get.

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the review. Currently in your reporting, you can view the data by a given time range. This would help you see each year broken down.

Arlene from Pacific Environmental Technologies, Inc

Good value , great customer service

I get to see where my employees clock in/out for the day. I get to generate daily work hr reports to better track our job costing. However, it is not very user friendly. It takes some exploring

Pros

That I can track my employees where they clock in/out. I can also, allow other people to add codes on their phones and view the reports of hrs daily.

Cons

that is not that user friendly to come up with reports or to add codes and see the code breakdown (reports)

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Hi Arlene, Thank you for the review. We are happy you like the customer support. :) We hope we can continue to improve our reports for you. Feel free to give more details by suggesting them by going to support>>suggest features within your account. I hope this helps, Jairo

Mahala from Salt Lake Excavating

We love the convenience the app offers us for reporting & our employees for clocking in/out anywhere

Many benefits

Pros

Convenience to clock in/out from any location and the reminders when you leave the job-site. The ability to make sure our staff is entering the correct location on time by using the GPS location functions, project reporting is easy to export to Excel for project management.

Cons

Some of the time adjusting features are a little out dated; we would like to see a way to click on a project and to be able to view who is working at the project.

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Hi Mahala, We appreciate the review. Happy to hear that you are benefiting from the features we have put so much time and effort in creating. Look for our ongoing updates to the app. I think you'll like what you find. -DH

Shannon from S&L Incorporated

I would recommend Busybusy!

Pros

Some good things about this software is that they let you develop it how your specific company needs it. We made it match our accounting system so that was really nice. They've been really helpful to work with whenever we've had questions or any concerns. I work on busybusy and its so much easier for me to navigate through and fix problems that we have with payroll.

Cons

The only con I would say is that sometimes this software can be slow, even when your online. I had some employee's who have had a problem with their app and I just tell them to delete the app and put it back on their phone and then the app usually works for them again.

Response from busybusy

Replied September 2018

Hi Shannon, Thank you for your review. We are happy you would recommend busybusy. So good to hear we were able to work with you for your accounting needs. If you run into any issues like this, please have your team reach our support team within their app by going to support>>chat so we can troubleshoot further. I hope this helps, Jairo

Austin from Patriot Well Solutions

Industry: Oil & Energy

Pretty easy to use and simple platform. Issue I have is the time card entries is kind of confusing.

Just the ease of accessibility to your time clock and hours.

Pros

The ease of access and on demand portable service that the busy busy application provides is awesome. Very easy to keep track and double check hours.

Cons

The time card entries section is kind of confusing because of the setup. I work nights occasionally so instead of keeping the entry times in the same box and just showing the time entry dates and keeping the total entry time for that shift. It splits it into 2 boxes and entry dates, completely splitting the total time for that shift. Sometimes it doesn't register immediately either so you can't view your hours for the second day of you your shift till you clock out.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hey Austin, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad its easy to keep track of your hours. The system will split your time into two entries if your work day goes straight into the next. The reason this happens is because the app's time is based off of 7/24 hour time periods. I hope this information helps, Thank you Jairo

Great app. Makes clocking in and out a breeze. Helps keep track of jobs and how profitable they are

Great time keeping. Keeps employees honest. Helps to track jobs from the time they start to the time they end. Love it!

Pros

Allows you to track jobs and see how they are going in the middle of the job. Tracks our people so you can tell where they are. Allows for break time. Automatically does over time and sets up paychecks!

Cons

Not comparable with the new software. IOS does not have recently used jobs. Wish you could access information from other apps like Google drive.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi There Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad you have had a good experience with the app! Integrations are our focus as we continue to grow. Great suggestion! -MMA

Coy from Thermal Engineering

the app is great so far, i know some of my employees have some issues with a couple things.

Pros

the tracking of guys time is super easy. the app is easy for guys to use to clock in and out. i like that you can group together jobs under general contractor and the have jobs under that.

Cons

the reporting side is a little wierd. i wish we could combine the old busy busy with the new so we can track our jobs in one system and not have to bounce between the two.

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Hi Coy, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'm glad to hear the sub projects have been useful for you! I'm interested to know what information you're pulling from busubusy classic. I'll reach out so we can discuss that further, I may have some solutions for you. -ZL

Tyler from Ridge Rock Inc

I really enjoy using the app. Our office admin and crews love it.

Saves me a bunch of time and helps get rid of paper time cards that my guys used to lose all the time.

Pros

With busybusy on my crews smartphones and the desktop app we can get everything done when it comes to time tracking and payroll. It used to be a real pain using paper timecards and manually entering everything in. This is a big help and saves me a a bunch of time and prevents a BIG headache.

Cons

The reports can be a bit clunky at times and sometimes we have problems getting everything to sync up correctly with our payroll system. Definitely not a deal breaker though. Customer service could be a bit better as well.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi Tyler, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad you have had a good experience with the app! can you tell us which report you have the problem and what payroll system do you use? Can you tell us how we can improve the customer service please reach out to us (855) 287-9287 or email support@busybusy.com we will be happy to help you. -MMA

Steven from Rosewood Painting

We have used busybusy for over two years and love it. It makes time tracking easy for our company.

Save time and money from guys guessing on their time cards.

Pros

GPS sign in, integration with quick books, easy to check up on my guys, job tracking budgets. I like the ability to edit time, see when everyone clocked in and where they are working for the day.

Cons

Can't access reports for labor budget through the app. I have to sign in on the browser on my phone.

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Great to hear that the app is saving you time and money, Steven! We appreciate the review. The mobile app offers a slightly different experience than desktop, but it is just as powerful and provides the same data. You may be still on our legacy product... We need to get you updated! -David

Tammy from Hughes General Contractors, Inc

Great Customer Service and Support!

We are pretty new to using this product, so far just ease of collecting timecards from our employees seems to be the biggest benefit.

Pros

I can't say enough about their great customer support and how receptive they seem to be to improving their product based on suggestions, app is also very user friendly!

Cons

Some missing features such as ability to request PTO without giving users the edit function, occasional issues with time not synching with admin, not easily able to export data to Sage 300, inability to assign specific supervisors to specific jobs, inability to resend new users their initial username and password a second time, all things that can be fixed.

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Hi Tammy, Thank you so much for your review. It makes us happy hearing you like our support. Have you suggested all these feature you mentioned? I believe these are all features that have been requested already. Feel free to vote on them by going to support>>suggest feature and search for them. I hope this helps, Jairo

Mindie from Stonetree Excavation

We love Busy Busy!!

Pros

I really like that most our guys can understand how to use it. I also like that with the version we currently use we can go between companies without individually logging out and back in.

Cons

We have to update our current version this week and I was told we will no longer be able to log in and have access to all our companies. I'll have to individually log into to each company. So I really won't like how inconvenient that will be.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the kind words and rating, Mindie. You should be able to access all of your accounts within the app. It will remember your logins, unless you log out. -DH

Tareyn from Geotechnical Testing Services

Industry: Civil Engineering

We have been using busybusy to track our technicians as they move from job site to job site.

Payroll is easier Tracking employees Easy to review Time saving by jobs and cost codes being linked

Pros

I love how easy it is to sign in and out and review hours. The app linked with quickbooks makes payroll a breeze.

Cons

The only issue we have had with busybusy is that on some cell phones it would not let our techs sign their time cards.

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Hi Tareyn, Thank you for your review. We are happy you love how easy it is to clock in and how it integrates with Quickbooks. Is your team still having the issue of not being able to sign their time cards? We released a new busybusy version a few days ago. Can you have your team update their apps? Thank you, Jairo

Julie from Johnston Property Services Inc

Exactly what we needed!

Pros

Busybusy has saved me minimally an hour a day on filling out time sheets. Love that the app calculates how long someone spent at each job site within their 8 hour day especially when they work at more than one location in any given day. I also like that we can customize and require cost codes. Busybusy also makes it difficult for the crew members to be dishonest on their time sheet. This app has been far more reliable with its GPS feature than the last app we used.

Cons

I ran into a few glitches during the initial set u,p but customer service was very responsive and helpful. When importing our list of employees I used a short 4 character password and their last name for their user name. Had I known the password required 8 characters it would have saved a lot of frustration. Also in hindsight, because the user name has to be unique, I would recommend using their email address. Without the forewarning several of our employees couldn't log in. It was resolved quickly with the help of customer service. I would like to see the employees have the option to request their own time off. I as an admin am able to do that for them.

Reasons for Switching to busybusy

Our last product did not offer time sheets.

Erik from Peterson Builders Inc.

Simple user interface with lots of customization

better tracking of time

Pros

I like the app and desktop ease of use. The geotags are nice. the customer service has been fantastic.

Cons

The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize. The reports are hard to customize.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi Erik, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you like how easy it is to use the software. I would like to meet with you online to further discuss how you would like to see the reporting feature enhanced and document this. I will be reaching out directly to you. Thanks again, Jairo

Harmonie from PACIFIC ENVIRONMENTAL TECH,

Works well and any issues that arise are taken care of quickly.

Calculates times well and GPS location is very accurate.

Pros

Tracking the time and locations is really easy and helpful. I like that the application reminds you when to sign in and out.

Cons

The application sometimes shuts down and I have to shut phone off and on. Delete application and download again.

Response from busybusy

Replied September 2018

Hi Harmonie, Thank you for your review. We are happy you like the features you are using. We hope you continue to enjoy the features. If you run into any issues with the app, simply reach out to our support team to get it reported. You can reach us within the app by going to support>>chat>>new conversation I hope this helps, JC

Jake from Kustom container

I enjoy using busy busy to track my hours

Pros

Ease of use to use the software. Clocking in for work is so easy and I feel like it is a very good thing for my employers to keep track of all the employees in the office and yard. Time tracking is easy because we can add in as many projects as needed and you can switch from job to job with no problem. I also like you have to sign your time card to verify that your work said hours and that you were not hurt.

Cons

I don't think I really have any dislikes. The only problem I see with the software is as a user not an administrator I can't add jobs in case I am doing a random job or a side job. I don't like that if I forget to clock in I don't have access to go back. I guess this is a good way to make sure employees aren't cheating the system. I also see an issue that if an employee does not have a smart phone they would have to go to a computer and clock in which isn't always accessible. I think it also would be cool to have our employers have access to pay role material so we can see our deductions and the information for pay.

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review, Jake. We appreciate the feedback. You will have to contact your admins to give you permissions to add jobs. Be sure to check out the time based reminders to help with forgetting to clock in. -DH

Crockett from 814 Sand Inc.

I have used busy busy for almost two years now with very little error and down time.

Tracking of employees time on duty, customization of time tracking. ease of switching between job descriptions for billing purposes.

Pros

Tracking and verifying employees hours as well as my own. The accuracy of the app. Rounds time up to the nearest minute for simplification of payroll.

Cons

Crossing time zones gives you an error labeled "overlap". Sometimes when clicking "End Break" the clock reverts back to "Break Time" immediately, user must click "End Break" again. (Started this a few months ago, never had this issue before)

Response from busybusy

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review Clark. We are happy to hear you like how accurate our software is. I will be reaching out to you directly to see if we can find out why you are having that hiccup on the "End Break" Thank you for your time, Jairo

Terrance from Construction

Easy to use and very convenient,for the office and the end of each pay period.

No paper used and easy access.

Pros

Convenient in getting your time in to the office,and how you can edit each time period of each day. Thanks

Cons

As of an employee you can't name each job your on your employer manager does so I would like it to beable to do that as a employee.

Response from busybusy

Replied July 2018

Hi Terrance, Thank you for your review. We are happy you like how easy it is to use. Your permission levels are customizable so your busybusy admin can give you permission to be able to add jobs to your project list. We recommend speaking with them and seeing if that would be okay for them to give you that permission. Thank you, Jairo

Ruby from BBSI

Use it to track time, user friendly any issues we can reach out to customer service and will prompt

Pros

user friendly, great way to track hours, holiday, sick time and vacation, great customer support quick to respond

Cons

get manager approved time cards through the system would be great. that way we can keep track of authorized approved time cards through the system

Response from busybusy

Replied September 2018

Hi Ruby, Thank you for your review. We are happy the system is user friendly and are glad you are happy with our support team. You now have the ability for supervisors to approve time cards. Have you seen the new feature? From your computer, go to Company Settings>>time keeping to turn this feature on. I hope this helps, JC

Cathy from L'Chef

Easy to use and helpful in keeping my hours straight!

Pros

Easy to use and not a lot of buttons to press. Can clock in and out from almost anywhere. Helpful to have the break button. Choose which location.

Cons

Would be great to have a timer built in to signify breaks. Remembering to clock in and out, this is not a software issue.

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Hi Cathy, Thank you for your review. We are happy you like how easy it is to clock in. We currently have a feature that reminds employees to take a break at a certain time. In the app, navigate to settings>>preferences and you will see the Reminders feature. I hope this helps, Jairo

busybusy is a great tool and easy to use.

Excellent. The entire app delivers exactly as promised. I never have had to utilize customer service, so I can't speak for that aspect if the program, but as for the administrative options it is far more efficient than traditional time cards or other online methods of time and travel logging. It reports the employees real time locations, eliminating costly wasted labor hours. Since switching to busybusy my job completion rate has almost doubled for the same time allotted. Outstanding!

Pros

What makes this program stand out from the rest is it's functionality and efficiency. It's very simple to use making it ideal for the end user who may not be well versed in app technology.

Cons

Too be honest I couldn't find a flaw worthy of reporting.

Response from busybusy

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review!

Patrick from Oceangate, Inc

Industry: Maritime

Just the user, but easier to track time when traveling abroad.

Pros

Easy to track your time from anywhere your working, Capable of seeing you time sheet as need to verify your time.

Cons

Unable to fix your times unless your given higher privileges, but thats a management thing. Some quirks in the software at times with random start times and finishes

Response from busybusy

Replied August 2018

Hi Patrick, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you easily have access to your time sheets. You are correct. That is a position you need in order to adjust your own time entries. I'd be happy to look into the other issue you are reporting. How often does this happen? We recommend hard closing the app every now and then to make the app sync with the server when you reopen it. I hope this helps, JC