What are busybusy users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using busybusy software through verified user reviews

• icon"Love that the app calculates how long someone spent at each job site within their 8 hour day especially when they work at more than one location in any given day."
  • icon"Easy to switch between tasks. Really good customer service, whenever we had a question, they were there to help with whatever we needed."
  • icon"I also like that we can customize and require cost codes."
  • icon"Lack of searchability of details in the project. I can't search for a project # as that field is not searchable as of May 2018."
  • icon"Does not work well with firefox. Using the phone app with firefox caused wonky time discrepancies."
  • icon"That you can only sign your pay period on Sunday, not at the end of your work week. It also can take a very long time to login that can be a bummer because I can't start my day."

Browse all busybusy Reviews

• Have you used busybusy and would like to share your experience with others?

Aaron

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Track jobs with ease!!

Necia

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great Reports!

Pros

I love the reports this software generates! We have multiple projects going on simultaneously in multiple locations with multiple employees. This software tracks the projects each employee is on, how much time each employee spends at each project and the type of work each employee is performing while at the project site. You can generate reports for such activities as labor activity by date, cost code, equipment, employee or the project itself. The software also tracks the timecard entries for any pay-period or date range, you can print the timecards, employees can verify and sign off on their time.

Cons

Due to the lack of sensitivity of the GPS tracking, occasionally you will need to broaden the circle of your project so that your employees will receive a notice to "clock in" and "clock out," this gives your employees a little slack to clock in when they may not physically be back at the project.

Response from busybusy

Wow! Thanks for the nice review! We love our customers and are happy to hear that the reporting is working so well for you.

Replied November 2018

Matt

I've used many of the top apps for years, and BusyBusy has some amazing options that others don't

They have been really amazing to work with honestly, the team is super helpful, replies quickly, and seems to really want to understand my issues and solve any problems. That is huge for me!

Pros

I like the field budgeting options that can use both time tracked (hours) or labor burden (dollars) to track the progress of each project

Cons

There isn't much to not like about it overall, but some of the menu's could be a little more user friendly, but honestly, I think all of the apps we've used could use some improvement on that.

Reasons for choosing busybusy

I honestly liked Clockshark (used them for a few years) and they had great customer service, but they didn't offer a few features that BusyBusy did which is really what sold me on using BusyBusy when we left Quickbooks Time.

Reasons for switching to busybusy

Honestly because Quickbooks Time (the last option we used for about 3 years) raised their prices so high and their customer service got so bad. It's not a bad app, but to be that expensive and have horrible customer service... no thanks!

Looks great, but features are lacking.

None unless you want to consider a giant headache a benefit.

Pros

The reporting is great, lacks a little but is still better than others out there. It's quicker than some others when having to adjust time as well.

Cons

1. Must refresh almost constantly because the software doesn't update like it should. 2. When changing time it must be done from reporting if doing more than one employee. When doing so, if I'm working on someone on the bottom of the list of employees, instead of remembering where I left off, it goes back to the top every time. 3. App doesn't work most of the time - if you're in a dead area, recording does no good as there's no wifi to connect the device and record the information. 4. Employees unable to change their time, even when the option is selected for them to do so. 5. When initial login happens, it NEVER remembers the password and an entire fiasco happens because of it. Not good when you have a lot of employees all doing this at the same time. It certainly takes a lot of time away from the person setting it all up. 6. No feature to make the signing of time sheets a requirement, only an option, and no one signs the time sheets because they're not required to. 7. GPS only takes a snapshot of the location where they initially clocked in. It doesn't record locations throughout the day. When accountability is a factor, it's key to get real-time, readable GPS. 8. More expensive than many others that promise less functionality. BusyBusy promises more functionality, therefore making it one of the top charging companies, but doesn't deliver anything near what you expect. We cancelled our subscription and went back to paper. That's how bad it was.

Response from busybusy

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so glad to hear you've found the reports and editing useful and easy! Thank you for the detailed feedback, I will reach out to you to discuss each point further. Some of these are feature requests, but for some of them we do have solutions! -ZL

Busy Busy

Overall my experience with busybusy has been excellent!

Pros

This app has been a tremendous addition to our company's time tracking methods.

Cons

I do find there to be some bugs with the app- especially with android users. The team at busybusy are always helpful to rectify the issues when we reach out!

Reasons for switching to busybusy

Busybusy was better tailored for the construction industry

Response from busybusy

We're glad we could help your company succeed!

Replied December 2021

Melinda

We use Busybusy both in the field and in the office. We love the flexibility & mobility it gives us!

Access to real-time data and tracking and the ability for users to provide additional information by using descriptive fields.

Pros

It can be used anywhere. We have construction crews in the field and it's great that they can use it wherever they are and we can have real-time data without having to wait for the end of the week for paper timecards. It takes a lot of the burden off of our foremen and frees them up for more important work. Plus, their customer service is outstanding!

Cons

Limited reporting features. Their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that nut then needs to be manipulated in Excel.

Response from busybusy

Hi Melinda, Thank you for your review. We are happy your mobile crew can easily capture and send data from the field. It's a bummer to hear our reports are limited. I hope you've been able to submit the reports as feature request. If not, I'd be happy to jump on a shared screen meeting with you to further look at what reports you need. Thank you, Jairo

Bruce

Busy Busy time tracking

excellent

Pros

This software is easily used by all employees and allows for admin of the software from any location.

Cons

Have not found any problems so far. The ease of use and tracking of all employees with description of performed tasks make time management so much better for future planning.

Reasons for choosing busybusy

easier to use and install

easier to use and install

Jorge

it does what you needed for. but it gets stack or freezes without advise

What I mentioned on top, that it fulfills the DOT Requirements for the use of ELD Devices that reached a death line where now it is mandatory; I really wish it does the long Driver-logs for on the road too? may be it will be something you are working on and then it will be ideal? as per the price? I don't know how much you charge since i'm not the owner of company I used for .

Pros

THat it really does what the new rule of Driver Local will ask for as it applies to me as a Truck Driver Local within the 100 miles radius

Cons

it consumes your battery real fast and before you know you are out unless you inhabilitate the location. sometimes, it also don't save your entry as you did? you run the day thinking that it is tracking and at the end you find it that it still hanging on the save screen?

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review. Our location services really only logs when you clock in. If you are not running your location services otherwise you will notice a change in the battery usage. This can be seen in your battery diagnostics within the app. Our recommendation is to disable the location services for other apps. -DH

Adam

ease of use, have all the feature for a great time capture system

saving on payroll processing

Pros

apps for phone and tablet export to some accounting software possibility to use cost codes track equipment time

Cons

missing a scheduling function app for phone is not totally stable all the time could get a task manager function

Response from busybusy

Hi Adam, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Love to hear that you've found cost codes and equipment easy to use and useful! Thanks for the feedback regarding those features you'd like to see! I'll reach out to you directly for more information on what you'd like to see. -ZL

Taylor

So simple to use! Finally an app all my techs don't complain about!

Less headache when payday comes around!

Pros

The time card reports, they make doing payroll so much quicker! Easy to find, easy to read!! Also the break tracking feature. I'm not hunting down technicians anymore to ask them if they took a break, it's right there at my fingertips when I'm ready to process payroll :)

Cons

Very rarely, but its happened a couple of times, I've been logged out of my app on my phone. Nothing too frustrating, I log back in and I'm back in business!

Response from busybusy

Thanks so much for the kind words, Taylor. We are thrilled to hear that software is working for you so well. -DH

Amanda

User Friendly

Pros

Busy Busy is very user-friendly. Our team can keep track of their time while on the go. The app is excellent as well. As the administrator, I like the functionality of monitoring locations, managing projects, and reviewing the reports for future projections.

Cons

The sync between the web and the app can be a little slow but overall it syncs over well

An overall valuable asset.

Pros

BusyBusy was easy to deploy and is straightforward and easy to use. One thing some of our employees did find confusing was the multiple versions of BusyBusy available on the Google Play Store. All in all, it does a good job tracking time and syncing with our payroll backend (Quickbooks Enterprise). The ability to specify budget hours and dollars helps our managers and executives gain a clearer picture of overall job health from a labor standpoint, strictly in terms of expenditures. Perhaps in the future, the ability to implement deadlines and rudimentary project scheduling along with labor budgeting would provide a clearer picture of overall job health from both a labor and scheduling perspective -- something that every manager sorely needs. Additionally, we love the reminders and geofencing capability (though it has its kinks), and location stamping all clocking activity is a verifiable way for accounting to determine the location of employees when they clock in/out (i.e., they're where they're supposed to be, not at the local dive bar).

Cons

There are some features that I have suggested to the development team there, and there are some cumbersome aspects regarding the use of the App. 1) Switching tasks frequently is cumbersome. Our management in particular likes to track time on a very granular level, against a large amount of subprojects. Replacing the map on the "Switch Task" screen with an icon-based favorites list (8 items) and recent history (4 items) to allow for 2-tap task switching would save time for everyone and decrease the possibility of an incorrectlyh selected task from the existing drop downs. 2) The reporting functions are very rudimentary. In my experience, they are either too general or too granular. Its hard to determine how many hours were worked against specific subprojects, who worked them, and on what days. However, every company has different reporting needs, and thusly the ability to export all time entires for a specific project (or subproject) as a CSV would prove extremely useful for meeting custom reporting needs (currently I export time card reports and filter via Pivot Table in Excel). 3) Reorganizing ongoing projects would also be handy. We have a scenario where multiple foremen have setup multiple subprojects for the same punchlist items and have instructed their crews to clock against their created subprojects, respectively. This creates some headache when trying to aggregate all the data to determine how many hours were spent against a specific item.

Response from busybusy

Hi Chris, Thank you for your detailed review. We are happy you liked how easy it was to deploy. We are glad you like the budgeting tool. It sounds like the cons you mentioned are all feature requests. Have you suggested these features within your account? Simply go to support>>suggest features. Please let us know if you need help with this step and thank you for your time. JC

Kawika

As an employee that uses this app, I am satisfied with the accurate timekeeping & it's GPS.

Accurate time keeping and book keeping for labor costs, per project. GPS tracking that will show the location when each employee has clocked in and clocked out, whether for normal work, as well as lunch breaks.

Pros

I love this app because of the clock-in accuracy and the ability to easily move from project site to project site. It is very easy to use, I literally taught myself how to use this app and discovered other features that I felt were benefiting for myself as well as for my employer. I love that it can keep records of costs for each project, which makes book keeping much easier when it comes to labor costs. I also like that I can review my hours for the week prior before I sign and submit to our payroll department. This way I can bring up any discrepancies that I may have. It's also easy to add new employee's and archive the ones that have either left or been terminated. It's easy to fix any discrepancy, if any, that regards hours or project location.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about this software is that on rare occasions I've had my GPS notification pop us stating that I have stepped away from the office, and if I would like to clock out, even though I haven't left the office. Other than that this program has been awesome.

Response from busybusy

Hi Kawika, Thank you for your review. We are happy you love the software and how accurate the timekeeping is. You can simply ignore those notification you get when it asks you to clock out of the location. It's just a reminder to help keep track of accurate time. I would review the geolocation for the office and expand it a bit more to prevent this from happening. I hope this helps, Jairo

Kyle

Industry: Furniture

Busybusy has taken away the headache from our old time card system

We were able to track our jobs and the hours our employees worked per job more accurately. It's also helped our employees be a little more responsible for their own time cards.

Pros

It was very easy for our employees to learn how to use the app on their phones. When they forget to clock in or out, it is possible for me to go in and edit their hours. I also like the reports that are available. It makes it easy when it comes to payday to see a report of each employee and double-check the hours they worked.

Cons

Some of the tasks take a few too many clicks to get through or are a little confusing. For example, finding an employees time card from a previous day takes 4 or 5 different menus. I've gotten used to it after using it for so long, but I remember it was confusing at first. I also struggle with the little clock that pops up to choose an employees clock-in or clock-out time. I'd rather just type in the time than move the hour/minute hands on a clock. I also wish there was a way to get notified when an employees scheduled time off is coming up. We let our employees schedule time off as far out as possible, but when the time comes, we've forgotten about it. We actually don't use this feature of the Busybusy software, but would if it was more helpful to us.

Response from busybusy

Great review and fair critiques. We are actively working on improving the navigation on our web and mobile experience, as well as a notification piece. Thanks for the great ratings!

LM

it is easy to use and great when working with lots of part time employees

Pros

Easy to use, great for several type of employees, I like how they can sign their time card on their phones, as most employees are not always at work on Sundays when the pay period ends. Easy to set up new employees, and keep an eye on who is clocked in. We got everyone trained on how to use this very quickly.

Cons

It would be great if the Desk Top option had the weekly view alike the phone version does. It would help if at the end of the work week an employee could sign their time card and not have to wait until the end of the pay period. With seasonal part-time employees they may only work once and then have to wait 10 days to sign their time card, this wastes a lot of our supervisors time chasing down people to sign their time cards. I wish there was a setting where I could say print all time cards and not have to log into each one and print them all at the end of the pay period. I wish there was a way to use the "non gps" version. We don't want to track our employees by GPS, and some feel it is a privacy thing but the notice keeps popping up for them on their phones. Maybe there is something I don't know on this.

Response from busybusy

Thanks for the review, LM! Our reporting functionality on the desktop version allows for custom date ranges. Additionally, you can print all of the timecards from the time card report. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions and we will be reaching out to help resolve your concerns. -David

Linda

BusyBusy for the Busy Manager

Coming from the time clock era, my overall experience with BusyBusy has been excellent. We had a need for additional time keeping in our company and we found BusyBusy on Google Play. It was one of the best business decisions we have ever made. Its easy to use, has multiple features and reports that are necessary to track my employees. I love BusyBusy.

Pros

What I like most about BusyBusy is the access. You can log in at anytime so, their are less chances of an forgetting to log in time. Busybusy has great management features that make recording keeping a breeze. BusyBusy knows what the customer needs and will upgrade and adjust when necessary. BusyBusy support gets back to you pronto so you are never kept hanging. All questions are answered and all problems are resolved....that I like.

Cons

What I like least is that if you are not a supervisor and you need to add another employee you are unable to do so. What I have to look forward to is that BusyBusy will resolve this issue in the very near future.

Response from busybusy

Hi Linda, Thank you for your great review. We are glad its super easy for you to manage your team's times. You can set custom permission levels in the Pro version of our site to allow employees to add other employees to your company without editing their times. :) I hope this helps, JC

Replied September 2018

100 times better than written timecards!

LOVE it! Will never go back to hand written time-cards. Saves me so much time!

Pros

We love the busy busy uses the internet to keep track of employee's timecards, we love that we don't ever have to guess or figure out what hours are written down with terrible penmanship. We love that we can access it on the mobile phone or from the PC and use all of the fuctions from anywhere. No more adding up hours manually it does the work for you! We also love that we can tie it to a geo location, and that it reminds people to sign their timecards for payroll. What don't I love about it, would be easier to type.

Cons

I don't subscribe to all the functions so I can't say what I don't like since I haven't tried it all. There isn't really anything I don't like. I do wish it was a little cheaper to sync with Quickbooks because I would totally do it then!

Response from busybusy

Hi Chris, Thank you for your review. We are happy with all the things you love about our app. We hope you continue to enjoy your usage on our app. You will love us even more if you decide to connect with your Quickbooks! :) Thank you, JC

Replied September 2018

Bart

Just the ability to track time and lunches and coworkers

Pros

The ability to talk into my phone and have it text the words I am saying into notes The ability to search for job names and addresses within the app. And just the ease of the dashboard

Cons

Is that your GPS has to always be on they need to have it on while using app Sometimes it slow maybe that's my phone app I don't know why you can't copy and paste out of busybusy but you can paste into busybusy but can't copy and paste out of BusyBusy

Response from busybusy

Hi Bart, Thank you for your review. We are glad you like the ability to speak your notes in and search for job details. Our app has a very efficient way of using the GPS feature. It only uses it whenever you clock in, clock out, go off/on break and switch jobs. It uses very little data and battery usage as well. I will suggest the ability to copy and paste within busybusy for you. Thank you for your time, Jairo

TRAVIS

Love how it integrates with Quick books

The biggest thing for me is the time I save on payroll from the app communicating with quick books and assigning hours to the correct job.

Pros

Time and location stamp of employees, and how it integrates with quick books. Other great feature is that we have several jobs at the same Time and i am able to run reports on each job to see where we are using too many man hours.

Cons

There is not much that I can think of as cons, I have had several hiccups where an employee thought they have clocked out but the app has kept them clocked in so I have to fix time for employees quiet often, I don't see it has a big problem.

Response from busybusy

Hi Travis, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so glad you've found Quickbooks integration to be helpful! I'll reach out to you regarding those phantom clock outs so we can prevent that from happening in the future. -ZL

Sukhdeep

We are using busy busy in our electrical company. Busy busy is fairly easy to use on PC and mobile.

The exact time the employees worked onsite. I can track the break time and GPS location of employees.

Pros

I like the easy user interface of platform as it is simple to use on both computers and mobile phone. As an admin it gives me access to edit employees time cards if they made an mistake. The GPS feature is really great to find out where employees actually are when they log into busy busy. This way owner can check if employees are really onsite or not.

Cons

Only thing that bothers me is that software do not have 15 minutes time rounding feature. Everytime I got the timecards like 8:04 min and then have to adjust to 8 hours.

Response from busybusy

Hi Sukhdeep, Thank you for your review. We are glad its easy to use and edit time entries. We also love the GPS feature. We actually do have a rounding feature that rounds time in 15 minute intervals. From your computer, go to Company Settings>>Time Keeping>>Change next to Rounding Time. You will need access to Company Settings to be able to turn on this feature. I hope this helps, Jairo

Phillip

After the initial set up with support, navigating through the program was pretty easy! Love it!

Pros

I like that you can make changes if an employee made a bad punch in or out. Also, being able to make those adjustments on a cell phone if you're not at a computer, very convenient.

Cons

I don't like that the lunch time button says "break" not "Meal break", if there was ever an issue with legal, it would need to say lunch Break or Meal break... is this something that can be reprogrammed for Coastal Greenscapes?? Second: On a daily basis a few employees clock back in from their lunch, but the time continues on their lunch and multiple refreshes do not help to set them back on the timed screen. This makes us think that there is a software issue with some of the phones? most of our employees use ANDROID? is android the issue? please advise. This has caused conflict in the past...

Response from busybusy

We agree, the app is very convenient and easy to use. Great feedback as well. We will be reaching out directly to help resolve your concerns and issues. -DH

Klayton

Very user friendly

No messy time cards no waste of paper or book keeping

Pros

So easy to use , everything is titled with what you need to know and self explanatory to clock in and out easy to make adjustments when you forget to clock in and out or if you didn't take your brake

Cons

The bad things about the busy busy app were to start it's a great app I have nothing bad to say other then getting kicked off or out of the app but that may be the cell phone provider I use if I had to say one bad thing it would be to maybe make it were it's a little more user friendly to make adjustments to your time in the app other then the you could say you have A very happy user

Response from busybusy

Hi Klayton, We appreciate the feedback. Your glowing review makes us blush! Look out for our next releases as we improve the simplicity to edit time. -David

Tammy

Great Service

As stated before, it gives those of us who work away from the home office, the ease of being able to clock in and out and electronically sign our time cards.

Pros

I think it's a great service, especially for those of us that work out of state or are otherwise away from our home office and can not clock in and out the old fashion way! Being able to electronically sign your time card is another valuable feature. Also, I love that I can work from home and still be able to clock in and out.

Cons

I have not found anything about this program that I don't like. As for the question about cost above, that I can't say, because I do not pay for the service, but from an employee stand point, who uses it on a daily basis I think it's great!

Response from busybusy

Hi Tammy, Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy you like the electronic signatures and clocking in remotely via the app. Does make things much easier. Please let us know how we can be of any service. Jairo

Replied June 2018

Easy navigation, I can explain how to use the app in less than five minutes to new employees.

Reporting is what I mainly use the software for.

Pros

Overall my experience with busybusy have been successful. I personally have had zero issues when it comes to the navigation and reporting while using the application. My experience with their customer service is outstanding and they will do whatever it takes to resolve the issue immediately. The overall navigation is simple and easy to use. My eleven year old knows how to use it. The cost is low comparable to other timekeeping applications.

Cons

As of today the only cons that I personally have is that it currently does not integrate with our bidding software. If this could integrate it would be the perfect software for our company.

Response from busybusy

Appreciate the review! Integrations are a focus of ours as we continue to grow. We have some creative options to help you with whatever software you are using for your bidding. Please reach out to us and see if we can help! -DH

Anne-Marie

Industry: Graphic Design

I researched dozens of options for time tracking and busy busy was the clear winner

Makes my life so much easier by not only tracking time worked but hours on each job.

Pros

Easy to use and excellent customer service. The chat feature works great and if an answer is not immediately available I'm kept up to date with the progress and have never had to go longer then 24 hours before an issue was resolved.

Cons

The photo download is basically useless. But rumor says there's a fix in the works. You can only download one picture at a time and the resolution is not great.

Response from busybusy

Hi Anne, Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy you are a happy busybusy customer. We currently updated our photos within the app so you can share them via email or upload them to your drive. Let us know what you think of the new improvements. Thank you, Jairo

busybusy