All busybusy Reviews

Reviewed May 2021

Track jobs with ease!!

Melinda

Reviewed May 2018

We use Busybusy both in the field and in the office. We love the flexibility & mobility it gives us!

Access to real-time data and tracking and the ability for users to provide additional information by using descriptive fields.

PROS

It can be used anywhere. We have construction crews in the field and it's great that they can use it wherever they are and we can have real-time data without having to wait for the end of the week for paper timecards. It takes a lot of the burden off of our foremen and frees them up for more important work. Plus, their customer service is outstanding!

CONS

Limited reporting features. Their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that their canned reports often provide either two little data, or too much data that nut then needs to be manipulated in Excel.

Hi Melinda, Thank you for your review. We are happy your mobile crew can easily capture and send data from the field. It's a bummer to hear our reports are limited. I hope you've been able to submit the reports as feature request. If not, I'd be happy to jump on a shared screen meeting with you to further look at what reports you need. Thank you, Jairo

Kim

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Great product, Great support

Fantastic! This product is hands down the best, full featured for the price, even if you choose the monthly version.

PROS

It works well with how our company was already scheduling our jobs. Makes time tracking, much smoother, easier. Also love the job costing!

CONS

There really isn't anything. The customer service is top notch. They love ideas for improvements and even reach out to speak with you in more detail regarding them and how you feel it would be an improvement.

Reason for choosing busybusy

Pricing, scheduling, easy to have our employees start with it.

kristin

Reviewed August 2018

Its easy to use however, its functionality to save clocking in and out is an issue

Being able to clock in on my phone. Accessibility through phone and computer. Being able to view time cards and current hours in pay period. Checking and signing time cards makes it easier to be paid on time.

PROS

busybusy offers an app that has a simple design and easy to use interface. It also offers a website that has a simple but more in depth view if needed. The layout for the clocking system is cool and I like how it tracks your time. Viewing old time cards is a positive thing for me also.

CONS

The app and website have been unreliable at times to save punches, which makes it where employees have to remembers their times instead of what the app is suppose to be doing, which is tracking those punches. It wastes time for the administration staff to have to go back into time cards and fix multiple punches between multiple employees.

Hi Kristin, Thank you for your review. We are happy you like how simple the design is. We are sorry to hear the app is not saving punches for your team. I would recommend giving the app a little time to sync with the server after clocking in or changing the status of the time clock. Please make sure the employees have the latest software downloaded on their apps and latest software too. I hope this helps. Thank you for your time, Jairo

Replied August 2018

Brett

Reviewed July 2023

Great tool for job cost accounting

PROS

Busy Busy makes it very easy to switch between jobs and labor divisions. For a busy remodeling company with several open jobs, Busy Busy is invaluable for keeping our labor costs on the right track.

CONS

Busy Busy would be even easier to use if it had a widget or was able to work via voice commands on a phone or tablet. Text reminders to punch out when leaving a jobsite would be enhanced with text reminders to sign your timecard at the end of a given pay period.

Jorge

Reviewed May 2018

it does what you needed for. but it gets stack or freezes without advise

What I mentioned on top, that it fulfills the DOT Requirements for the use of ELD Devices that reached a death line where now it is mandatory; I really wish it does the long Driver-logs for on the road too? may be it will be something you are working on and then it will be ideal? as per the price? I don't know how much you charge since i'm not the owner of company I used for .

PROS

THat it really does what the new rule of Driver Local will ask for as it applies to me as a Truck Driver Local within the 100 miles radius

CONS

it consumes your battery real fast and before you know you are out unless you inhabilitate the location. sometimes, it also don't save your entry as you did? you run the day thinking that it is tracking and at the end you find it that it still hanging on the save screen?

Thanks for the review. Our location services really only logs when you clock in. If you are not running your location services otherwise you will notice a change in the battery usage. This can be seen in your battery diagnostics within the app. Our recommendation is to disable the location services for other apps. -DH

Alison

Information Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

busybusy review

PROS

busybusy software tool helps employees and employers keep track of timesheets and performance. Overall it is a good tool to have for small and medium businesses alike.

CONS

It can be a little hard to start with in the beginning. but its worth it investment.

Adam

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2018

ease of use, have all the feature for a great time capture system

saving on payroll processing

PROS

apps for phone and tablet export to some accounting software possibility to use cost codes track equipment time

CONS

missing a scheduling function app for phone is not totally stable all the time could get a task manager function

Hi Adam, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Love to hear that you've found cost codes and equipment easy to use and useful! Thanks for the feedback regarding those features you'd like to see! I'll reach out to you directly for more information on what you'd like to see. -ZL

Jim

Reviewed September 2023

Busy Busy Review

PROS

I don't have to write out my time any more. It's really easy to use. I like the project information and can go right to an address

CONS

Not really sure. Never have used another app before

Kelly

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Busy Busy time tracking integration/quickbooks

We are able to be alot more efficient with getting time entered and put through quickbooks. We were doing it manually before and we have reduced mistakes/errors.

PROS

They have great customer service. They respond quickly to my problems. The initial set up was pretty seamless and the team was easy to work with.

CONS

The speed when trying to click into different parts on the website can be very slow at times. It is delayed or just spins.

Reason for choosing busybusy

It was really the only one that we came across and just moved forward with it.

Payal

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Great Service

very good

PROS

Customer service and friendly staff to help all the time.

CONS

needs improvement in time sheets printing process.

Tara

Reviewed March 2023

HN Excavation

There's really nothing negative in my mind. It's just a good, user friendly app for timekeeping and I don't think anyone could go wrong in adopting this program for their employees time keeping.

PROS

Ease of use/ user friendly Ease of teaching others how to useInformation available on my mobile device no matter where I amEasy to make changes Linked to our payroll company, which I love that they are familiar with it (they are the ones that started us using it). I really like that we are looking at the same thing.

CONS

I have not really learned any more about busybusy since we first started using it almost 2 years ago. I am not very tech savy, and so I have not done any self learning. I have reached out to my rep to go over new and interesting things but we just have not been able to connect. To be fair to busybusy, every day I log in, there is self learning updates right there at the top; I just have never looked at any of them because I don't know if it will apply to us or if it will even make sense to me.

Reason for choosing busybusy

We actually do not pay for busybusy; it's part of our arrangement with our payroll company. So it's been free for us. However, I have attended a few meetings that were actually sales pitches for timekeeping in excavation specifically. I was not remotely interested in any of them.

Kyle

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Busybusy has taken away the headache from our old time card system

We were able to track our jobs and the hours our employees worked per job more accurately. It's also helped our employees be a little more responsible for their own time cards.

PROS

It was very easy for our employees to learn how to use the app on their phones. When they forget to clock in or out, it is possible for me to go in and edit their hours. I also like the reports that are available. It makes it easy when it comes to payday to see a report of each employee and double-check the hours they worked.

CONS

Some of the tasks take a few too many clicks to get through or are a little confusing. For example, finding an employees time card from a previous day takes 4 or 5 different menus. I've gotten used to it after using it for so long, but I remember it was confusing at first. I also struggle with the little clock that pops up to choose an employees clock-in or clock-out time. I'd rather just type in the time than move the hour/minute hands on a clock. I also wish there was a way to get notified when an employees scheduled time off is coming up. We let our employees schedule time off as far out as possible, but when the time comes, we've forgotten about it. We actually don't use this feature of the Busybusy software, but would if it was more helpful to us.

Great review and fair critiques. We are actively working on improving the navigation on our web and mobile experience, as well as a notification piece. Thanks for the great ratings!

Replied August 2018

Cheryl

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

BusyBusy is a great program that meets our needs.

Our experience has been positive. The reports that are used weekly are easy to generate and clear and simple to read. The busybusy program has cut down on the amount of time that management uses to verify hours, especially compared to a manual punch timeclock

PROS

BusyBusy has been an instrumental way that we track the time students spend with their projects. BusyBusy has detailed reports that allow us to see quickly and easily the amount of time spent on a project and that they were at the correct location. Allowing us to set up a geolocation circle has helped us ensure that the time spent was spent where it was supposed to be.

CONS

I'd love it if there were a way for the version we use to send push notifications to users to remind them to clock in when they arrive at the geolocation we've set up and to clock out when they leave it. Other than that, we have had no issues with busybusy.

Steven

Reviewed December 2022

Critical to my company

I can track my hours worked by crew, employee, job, and compare that to monthly revenue, making root cause analysis easier for unprofitable jobs. Having these numbers lets me know if there is a problem I need to search for and find. I can also do my yearly budget for the business better, as I'm able to track hours that need to be applied to overhead from year to year.

PROS

I love the report dashboard, which allows me to see everything about the labor in my company in one glance. If I need to drill down into any issues, the reports tab makes it easy.

CONS

I have turned on geo reporting and required my guys to send a report of their location when they clock in. I turned it off due to privacy concerns. BusyBusy was tracking them 24/7. Their location was recorded on the weekends, at night, etc., and it was invasive. The racking was a couple of years ago, so I don't know if it is still a problem.

Reason for choosing busybusy

Ease of use and great customer support

Bart

Reviewed May 2018

Just the ability to track time and lunches and coworkers

PROS

The ability to talk into my phone and have it text the words I am saying into notes The ability to search for job names and addresses within the app. And just the ease of the dashboard

CONS

Is that your GPS has to always be on they need to have it on while using app Sometimes it slow maybe that's my phone app I don't know why you can't copy and paste out of busybusy but you can paste into busybusy but can't copy and paste out of BusyBusy

Hi Bart, Thank you for your review. We are glad you like the ability to speak your notes in and search for job details. Our app has a very efficient way of using the GPS feature. It only uses it whenever you clock in, clock out, go off/on break and switch jobs. It uses very little data and battery usage as well. I will suggest the ability to copy and paste within busybusy for you. Thank you for your time, Jairo

Replied June 2018

Sukhdeep

Reviewed May 2018

We are using busy busy in our electrical company. Busy busy is fairly easy to use on PC and mobile.

The exact time the employees worked onsite. I can track the break time and GPS location of employees.

PROS

I like the easy user interface of platform as it is simple to use on both computers and mobile phone. As an admin it gives me access to edit employees time cards if they made an mistake. The GPS feature is really great to find out where employees actually are when they log into busy busy. This way owner can check if employees are really onsite or not.

CONS

Only thing that bothers me is that software do not have 15 minutes time rounding feature. Everytime I got the timecards like 8:04 min and then have to adjust to 8 hours.

Hi Sukhdeep, Thank you for your review. We are glad its easy to use and edit time entries. We also love the GPS feature. We actually do have a rounding feature that rounds time in 15 minute intervals. From your computer, go to Company Settings>>Time Keeping>>Change next to Rounding Time. You will need access to Company Settings to be able to turn on this feature. I hope this helps, Jairo

Klayton

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Very user friendly

No messy time cards no waste of paper or book keeping

PROS

So easy to use , everything is titled with what you need to know and self explanatory to clock in and out easy to make adjustments when you forget to clock in and out or if you didn't take your brake

CONS

The bad things about the busy busy app were to start it's a great app I have nothing bad to say other then getting kicked off or out of the app but that may be the cell phone provider I use if I had to say one bad thing it would be to maybe make it were it's a little more user friendly to make adjustments to your time in the app other then the you could say you have A very happy user

Hi Klayton, We appreciate the feedback. Your glowing review makes us blush! Look out for our next releases as we improve the simplicity to edit time. -David

Replied June 2018