Browse Cornerstone HR Reviews

We use Cornerstone for all of our training needs and overall it's not bad

Pros

If you're like me and you work in a larger enterprise company, you'll be using Cornerstone for all of your training needs. it's simple, easy to use/navigate and great for tracking all of your current trainings

Cons

There are times where the material may be buggy, but it has nothing to do with Cornerstone but with the trainer developing the material

Matt from Waystar

Good product, but need to update support

Pros

The ability to customize and create templates that work for you and your organization. Its not always perfect but for the most part the flexibility provided was really helpful during our design phase.

Cons

The customer support left a lot to be desired. Hard to reach reps, cases took too long to resolve, and at times they just did not match their SLA. Also their community page was hard to follow which made it hard to pull useful info.

Christopher from SE

Cornerstone OnDemand - Honest Opinion

Great tool if you know how to use it. I personally see it at it's best for education institutions.

Pros

I've used this for its various applications internally for my company and its a great tool if you know how to use it. I can see it being great for Universities just from my own perspective. Good for a corporations learning for employees but can be frustrating for the customer who doesn't know what they're getting into. There can be somewhat of a learning curve going in and that takes time on the UX to adapt and use the product which can be a con because they need to use their time to understand when its not as intuitive.

Cons

Restating my comment above, the only con would be a customer trying to learn and adopt usage of it which would take up some of their time and could be frustrating and cumbersome if they're not as tech savvy.

Heather from AgFirst Farm Credit Bank

Talent Management at its finest

Cornerstone is the best and most comprehensive solution that I have seen for talent management. I have used the LMS, Performance, Succession, Connect and Extended Enterprise modules. CSOD continues to make enhancements to their product, especially with Learning, Connect and Performance, but where they are lacking is in enhancements to their mobile app and to their Succession module. While I do find great value in reaching out to their Global Product Support team, it will sometimes take days and even weeks before you get a response from them on a case. The communication to the customer is lacking there. Additionally, I find that some of the modules, such as Performance and Succession, can be really complex and require a lot of testing and trial and error to get things right. It does help that you are given two test environments (Stage and Pilot) to test things in. The quarterly releases have also gotten better over time, with many resources that can be used throughout User Acceptance Testing and the rest of the release cycle. Change is not always handled seamlessly for the customer, as we have experienced major delays when our Account Manager was on leave and also our Client Success Manager was out on leave. The people who filled in for them seemed overwhelmed and as a result there was a lack of communication. Overall, Cornerstone is a great encompassing talent management system and I have not encountered another company that comes close to what they offer.

Tara from Columbus State Community College

An integrated HRIS experience for your employees

Pros

My institution uses several modules for Cornerstone and as an end-user that is what appeals to me most. I can apply for positions, sign-up for trainings, share kudos with colleagues, and view performance goals and reviews all in one place. I'm really interested to see how my organization leverages the platform in the future.

Cons

Cornerstone seems user-friendly at first glance, but this is only the case for the most frequently accessed items. My institution also seems to have regular outages and issues with supporting the system.

September 2016

Kathy from Adlucent LLC

September 2016

CSOD - Great LMS

Pros

My team and I evaluated and implemented Cornerstone's LMS. We liked the functionality of the product and that it had a social media component which allows users to create communities where they can comment or share content. The vendor was easy to work with.

Cons

The transition from sales to implementation was relatively smooth but we did have challenges we worked through related to timing and testing but nothing we weren't able to overcome.

Dylan from Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court

Industry: Philanthropy

Easy to Use

I think it is a good product, the only downside is when purchasing the implementations costs are too high, which may dissuade persons from smaller organisations from purchasing.

Pros

It looks good and clean, it is very easy for even a beginner to understand. The analytics are also presented in easy to understand formats.

Cons

It does not come with enough competencies built in to assist an organisation with building assessment forms.

Grace from ArcBest Corporation

November 2015

Products to address all phases of employee lifecycle

The pros include the great customer service we experience with Cornerstone. All of the people we work with from Cornerstone (Client Success Manager, Engagement Manager, Global Product Support, etc.) never fail to impress me with their ability to build relationships with our team. They're great to work with! In addition, the engineers have always delivered early or on time when we expect custom work to be done to our portal. The cons may be more specific for our unique situation. We have a custom IT subsidiary who is able to program EXACTLY what we need for our HR use. With that as a resource it's often hard to get much buy in from them or others who already use a perfectly working software to switch to an "out-of-the-box" product with some restrictions. It's also proven to be difficult to get the two systems to "talk" to each other. I would definitely recommend Cornerstone products for users who do not have tools in place for their HR processes. They offer great solutions and continue to improve with quarterly releases.

Glenn from Vantage Commodities

Cornerstone HR

We (I) am open to anything that can make our HR programming easier. This may be more suitable for a company like ADP, but we'll see. - Thank you

Pros

The software enables our company along with ADP to maintain and have better control of our Human Resources needs. It is to use and they are very supportive.

Cons

The software is a bit complex but most HRIS programs are. One you are up and running it is fine. We have sa trial version for now.

April 2016

Pam from Dohmen LIfe Science Services

April 2016

Cornerstone on Demand

Pros

Goal setting, tracking, the ability to link goals to the organizations goals.

Cons

The length of time to pull an org chart - reporting.

Heather from AgFirst Farm Credit Bank

Great Talent Management System

Abbey from RNDC

Great, highly recommend!

I personally have had a great experience with Cornerstone, from both a end user perspective and also from a system administrator perspective. Currently, we use the Core, Learning, Performance and Succession modules and each has impacted our workforce and internal workflow processes in their own ways. The thing I love about Cornerstone most is that their releases are filled with extremely relevant and useful upgrades. Other technologies that we use will upgrade their product just as regularly but there will be very little that we would actually consider implementing. Cornerstone listens to their user base and structures their releases in a way to meet the needs of the most request items. They are also very good about the overall user interface to ensure the technology is engaging for users. Cornerstone Support has always provided great direction from major configuration questions to best practice recommendations. When you submit a Care Ticket you typically get a response back within 24 hours and the feedback that is given is clear and concise. The only con really is that it is hard for us to keep up with all the upgrades that are made, but that is a problem that I am willing to have if it means the product is getting better and better!

Grace from ArcBest Corporation

November 2015

Broad range of products for entire employee life cycle

We are still implementing Cornerstone products but are excited to be able to implement all of the tools available to us. From ATS to Succession there is a tool for every step in the life cycle of an employee. We have almost all of them. Our greatest challenge is employee engagement with the system. We already have so many other software platforms in use in other area of HR (benefits, compensation, etc.) that employees view it as "just another page to login to." But our greatest success is the increase in reportable metrics. We can answer almost every HR question with the custom reporting application inside our portal. We've just scratched the surface with Cornerstone and can't wait to see what the next 1 - 2 years will look like with this product.

Yvonne from WTAMU

Has potential, but it was not used properly

Overall, if you have good people to get it going then go for it, but if your org isn't tech savvy then maybe you need another software when someone does more of the work for you so you can't mess it up.

Pros

I liked the set up for evaluations. I feel like there were areas that could be used to motivate employees and get the right people involved on approvals and moving forward with raises. My favorite part was the badges area which was fun in getting and giving badges.

Cons

It never worked like it should. This is not Cornerstone's fault, I think it was the organization who set this up maybe wasn't savvy enough get the settings right. They made lots of errors they had to fix.

November 2015

Kyle from Enercon Services, Inc.

Excellent Comprehensive Talent Management Solution

Cornerstone provides a user-friendly, comprehensive talent management solution for our company. Currently we are using Cornerstone for both our LMS and Performance Review System. We are looking to expand that into succession planning, and possibly compensation and recruiting in the future. Cornerstone provides regular updates to the software as a means of constantly improving the functionality. We have had the system for five years, and are very impressed with the user friendly nature, the administrative capabilities to customize the system, and the customer service, which is top notch. I would strongly recommend adding Cornerstone to your search list for talent management solutions.

Nicolas from LuxairGroup

Completely satisfied on Learning, Performance and Succession module

Learning module has been implemented 5 years ago and due to good product satisfaction, we decided to implement also Recruiting, Performance and Succession clouds last year. Pros: Compliance and Regulated Learning tracking Performance system functionalities Easy to implement and configure Good end user XP Good support from vendor (Continuous improvement vision) Release every 3 months (important enhancements each time) This product answers our needs Cons: Admin user experience and Recruiting Cloud can be improve Reports (improvement in progress) Unavailability of some information behind all the system (only in 1 module) This product needs more fine tunings to be perfect

Martyn from BP

Progressively improving Talent cloud

As users of the Talent cloud for the last 18 months, specifically to collect Potential Ratings and completing Succession Plans, we have found that the product has come a long way since we started our project and we know that more functionality is in the pipeline. In that time the system has be updated to support a position based approach to succession alongside the existing employee based approach functionality. There are still some changes needed to improve reporting on the data collected but overall the product had allowed us to meet the needs of the business.

Kelsey from Freedom Mortgage

Good For Trainings

Pros

Being able to take necessary trainings on my own time. I like that some are interactive, some are videos, some have quizzes. There is a variety of different trainings, which is nice.

Cons

No complaints about the software itself.

Martyn from BP

Soild system with experience of using both Learning and Succession Clouds

Having worked with Cornerstone now for 3 years I have experience of using two of their modules. At a high level, I have been happy with the service received from their client support management team and service desk support when we have experienced issues. Overall, adopting a SaaS vendor over more traditional options does require a change in approach given constraints to only configure instead of being able to customise but Cornerstone does provide a good level of configuration to meet our needs.

Nic from ArcBest Corporation

ArcBest - Elevate Talent Management

Pros: With thousands of employees, the Universal Profile function provides a great window into our employee's career preferences and background. It also helps our company retain talent and promote from within the organization. Cons: The ease of use isn't as user friendly as I would like. I would like for there to be more warning pop-up windows explaining the possible repercussions of certain configurable actions.

Gary from Caris Healthcare

Great for Performance Management

Cornerstone allowed us to take up to six reviews that can occur in one year (30, 90 day for new hires, 3 quarterly reviews and 1 annual) and have them standardized and customized for each of our major workforce disciplines. This allowed for increased accountability and compliance with our core processes. Thanks to Cornerstone, the ability to give each employee the same high quality engagement experience is now much easier to manage and ensure.

Nic from ArcBest Corporation

Human Resouces Review

The functionality of our Elevate portal, powered by Cornerstone, has provided our organization with a great cloud-based tool that will help us continue to move forward in a digital world. The admin and end-user experience is easy and enjoyable. Some of the configurable systems can be a bit overwhelming at times, but the overall experience and end result is exactly what our company needs. I would highly recommend Cornerstone On Demand!

M from Flexera Software

Could use some work

We use Cornerstone at our company for performance management. While it does give an overall rating, it's not intuitive at all to use. All of my direct reports ask for help each review cycle, I ask HR for help, etc. Having said this, however, I haven't seen any HR system that's intuitive for users to use but it would be great if someone created one!

Pros

Gives output of talent review

Cons

Not easy to use

Richard from Amarillo College

Not a huge fan...

Pros

Cornerstone is easy to use and for the most part it's intuitive. It integrates well with our institution's HR systems.

Cons

Cornerstone seems to have quite a bit of down time for maintenance. Also, information displayed is not always accurate.

Needs Major Work

Very bad - not sure how they still in business.

Pros

It has a clean UI but nothing else, needs major work to navigate.

Cons

Difficult to navigate and users find it very frustrating to use.

Michael from NBTY

Intuitive System - Great Results

Cornerstone's platform is very intuitive, with much functionality. I would highly recommend the system.