What are eBacon users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using eBacon software through verified user reviews

• icon"It's user friendly for what I need. The set up is perfect on how reports, payroll, etc. is set up."
  • icon"It's user friendly and customer service is responsive."
  • icon"Easy to navigate, Reports have all the requires info needed for Prevailing Wage projects."
  • icon"Some of the assignments were a little confusing at first but the more I work in the software it is becoming more obvious."
  • icon"The critical flaw is that, currently, the balance is not updated after an employee makes a withdrawal from the fund. This creates quite a bit of confusion."

Browse all eBacon Reviews

• Have you used eBacon and would like to share your experience with others?

Gregory

Paystubs/paperwork

Overall, it seems like a great system that has been a huge help to the company.

Pros

I like that all the paperwork I need (taxes, paystubs, etc.) are easy to access for me.

Cons

I have a desktop, but many of my employees don't have access to a computer other than their phone. I find myself frequently having to print their paystubs. I think it would be helpful for my employees if there was a way to access their paystubs through the app.

Reasons for switching to eBacon

eBacon had a lot more features that made it easy for us to do work.

Rachel

Industry: Facilities Services

Simplified Certified Payroll Solution

Overall it's been good. The amount of time we save processing certified payroll is incredible.

Pros

It no longer takes days to complete prevailing wage reporting. Our implementation specialist was amazing!

Cons

There is no customization, they do not administer benefits in California, and our customer service post-implementation has been mediocre.

Reasons for switching to eBacon

Paychex does not understand Certified Payroll the way eBacon does. Paychex over promised and underdelivered.

Fernando

Good solution - critical issue.

I am happy with the experience. They have a good support team we have not had any serious issues.

Pros

Great customer support. Good value for the money. The company is developing improvements

Cons

The critical flaw is that, currently, the balance is not updated after an employee makes a withdrawal from the fund. This creates quite a bit of confusion. Fortunately, they have a good support team and we get emails with the current balance when we request it.

Kelly

Quality and Consistency Lacking

Pros

I like being able to pull certified payroll reports directly from the application. Being able to see and adjust where payroll costs are hitting the general ledger once imported to Quickbooks is a plus. I appreciate just setting the Prevailing Wage determination at the beginning of the job and then having eBacon keep track of scheduled increases. In general, the concept is valuable, streamlining the Certified Payroll process.

Cons

We are paying a premium for a turnkey service, and the impression is that the bugs are being worked out as we go. Sync with Quickbooks overwrites manual input to eBacon. Final forms/reports that do not look professional, due to bad formatting. Manual check process is unreliable, in that the check breakdown generated does not always show the net amount due to the employee.

Kevin

Game changer

I was introduced to Ebacon after meeting with a representative of a large standard payroll processing company. I described my wish list of what I needed help with. Basic Payroll wasn’t the cause of my stress. It was prevailing wage reporting and the significant time, effort, headaches and frustration that each incremental job would bring. That person told me their current company couldn’t help with any of those issues but returned months later now working with ebacon. They were able to provide my entire wish list as well as additional benefits I hadn’t yet realized would significantly benefit my company.

Pros

The ebacon team have taken so much of the anxiety away from prevailing wage projects for our company. Their payroll system has been a significant improvement for minimizing payroll errors which seriously improves morale. They have proven to be an invaluable resource for digging through some complex reporting requirements and giving clear direction backed with legal precedent. We would pay a significant amount of money to retain a team with this level of expertise in-house. I am a big fan of their responsiveness and their demonstrated ability to understand what my company needs and deliver solutions specific to those needs. Ebacon is a great partner for our company.

Cons

More tutorials, videos or a more dynamic how to functionality would be nice.

Reasons for choosing eBacon

Our company has 60+ franchise operations in three countries. We meet frequently to discuss ways to improve our business. The majority of our owners have significant prevailing wage reporting requirements. No one had found a solution other than “throwing bodies at it” and paying the significant payroll cost to properly document and accurately report to the various entities many with their own unique (and often convoluted) reporting systems. Ebacon has provided a way to offload that burden with increased confidence. Rather than avoiding or at least facing with great apprehension new opportunities for municipal contracts, we are able to set up and report these jobs with very minimal effort.

Reasons for switching to eBacon

Prevailing wage reporting requirements were not being met with standard payroll processing. We were not being properly credited for employee benefits. Payroll errors on the front end were causing ongoing morale issues.

Colleen

eBacon

eBacon has been a great addition to our team in so many ways. The personal touch they offer in caring for us as a customer helps us know that all issues will be resolved in a quick, simple and personal way. After being with large payroll companies it was a very welcome experience to know who I was talking to and being able to reach exactly who I needed in a very timely way. We have also experienced much education in regards to taxes and especially the new tax laws that emerged during the pandemic. The value of that was immeasurable.

Pros

eBacon filled a void in the payroll industry that we had not experienced previously. Our previous payroll company attempted to help with the certified payroll reporting process but it was very cumbersome and did not address wage determinations. We were amazed to find out that there was a player in the payroll world that worked hard to fill that void. The services they offered exceeded our expectations in the construction industry. It saved so much administrative time in our office and gave us more confidence that we were paying our employees correctly.

Cons

There have been adjustments to various reporting and processes that have needed to be made along the way but eBacon has been very available and anxious to take care of any issues that we had. We have never felt abandoned in any of our issues. As much as we would like everything to work perfectly all the time, that really probably isn't realistic, and I am glad we were working with a company that is ready and anxious to take care of any issues.

Reasons for switching to eBacon

We needed the additional support in the certified payroll reporting arena. We also hoped to take advantage of the trust benefits that are a possibility when it comes to prevailing wage, but our employees could not come around to accepting that idea, which was a disappointment but we did still appreciate the certified payroll aspects of eBacon.

Kelly

Quality and Consistency Improving

I believe the eBacon team strives to provide a quality product, and is making strides in the improvement of their product.

Pros

The major selling point of eBacon for me is the ability to print weekly certified payroll reports out of the application. The ease of generating and printing California Training Fund invoices from the application is also a huge time saver. The overall reliability of the software is good.

Cons

Though vastly improved from my early experience with the application, eBacon still struggles with making corrections/restitution payments when dealing with some of the more infrequent requirements for certified payroll. Sometimes corrections require more attempts than seem necessary.

Michele

Awesome, but has Glitches

Pros

The certified payroll functionality is great! It has taken a long arduous project that could take hours and reduced it to 20 minutes.

Cons

The trust accounts, while a great idea, are glitchy and it's hard to know just how accurate they are. The labels are misleading and the process for withdrawing the funds is confusing. And, for a staff of primarily non-native speakers, it's almost impossible for them to fully understand what is happening. There are some ideas I have for updates/changes--is there a way to submit these? E.g. add a driver's license field in the employee file--it's a pretty common ask with high-security prevailing wage jobs.

Becky

Great Customer Service

It's easy to use and if you ever get stuck or don't understand something, I call my Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she always fixes the issue or let me know what I'm doing wrong. Customer Service is outstanding in all departments that I've had encountered with. I highly recommend this software for all.

Pros

It's very friendly to end user. You can always call anyone and they will help you.

Cons

the app when its downloaded on the phone to enter their times. It's not always available and my employees have to delete the app at least every other week and reupload to get the updates.

Reasons for choosing eBacon

The State Reports and Prevailing Wages.

Reasons for switching to eBacon

ease of use of Prevailing Wages and other State reports that are required.

Jason

Industry: Furniture

eBacon is a god send

Implementation was a dream.

Pros

We went through 3 payroll services (yep the big guys) trying to get someone that could handle prevailing wage jobs in the manner that we needed. No one even came close until we switched to eBacon.

Cons

reports could be more robust or easier to build

Reasons for switching to eBacon

They could not handle prevailing wage payroll

Denisse

Start-up Review

Would like a project zip code alert to track hours for county jobs with different sick pay hours

Pros

Prevailing wage reports, time, dashboard for employees to have access to change tax forms/dd/info.

Cons

Would like more knowledge when comes to wage determination sheets

Reasons for choosing eBacon

Price, more up to date in software

Reasons for switching to eBacon

Help with PW reports, all in one software

Jen

So Easy and Constantly Improving

We have been able to save money with more accurate timekeeping and fringe benefits reporting, as well as the time saved from manually submitting weekly payroll reports.

Pros

We only use one portion of the eBacon software for our Davis Bacon/Prevailing Wage jobs. But the program has turned an hours per week job into a minutes per week job freeing up valuable time for me to perform other tasks. We don't have any subcontractors under us right now, but I could see it being an even more valuable resource in the future if that were to change.

Cons

As with any new program there are always glitches, but we've always been able to receive quick and thorough answers and help to correct any problems.

Warren

On Target - On Time

They are on point and on time. Our reports are detailed and very helpful. Customer service is great!

Pros

The fact that they could seamlessly integrate our Prevailing Wage paperwork flow

Cons

Interrogation took a bit of time and patience - but it all worked out good.

Reasons for switching to eBacon

Our previous payroll company was not able to assist us with the filing of Prevailing Wage worksheets.

Betsey

Quickly complete payroll

Pros

Ease of downloading certified payroll reports. Integration with QuickBooks.

Cons

Integration took about a month to get all the particulars set up.

QuickBooks Payroll

It was a hassle before

Elizabeth

Change and patience

Overall a 7. I believe the support can be a lot better. Sometimes it takes forever to get things fixed on reports, etc. There are also some changes that can me made to make it more user friendly for what we need.

Pros

Cons

Some of the software can be tweeked to make it more user friendly and support can be more prompt with fixing problems that come up.

Reasons for choosing eBacon

We were sold with what you offered and sales presentation. Also, because of the knowledge and experience [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has as far as programming.

Reasons for switching to eBacon

Needed a better explanation on reports for certified payroll

Jarrett

Compliance Documentation

Time savings with compliance documentation - outstanding Time savings with payroll - excellent The piece of mind knowing all payroll reports are accurate and formatted for ease of submission to various agencies - Major stress relief -

Pros

Public Works compliance documentation aspect of the software is tremendous.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve getting started.

Veronica

eBacon customer

At this time are are still in a trial basis. Customer service takes a bit longer to respond to questions. Thinking of going back to BBSI

Pros

Cons

The program does not change worker's comp code for example is employee works private and gets paid less than $35 hour then goes and works prevailing wage and makes more than $35 per hour , the wc premiun stays the same.

Davina

Streamline paperwork

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is certainly willing to make the software be exactly what we need it to be for Butt Construction. I appreciate that effort and excited to see it come to fruition.

Pros

What we needed most is a way to streamline the process of paperwork required by subcontractors AND submitting electronic certified payroll reports.

Cons

Some of the assignments were a little confusing at first but the more I work in the software it is becoming more obvious. There have been a lot of quirks along the way but we're getting it all worked out.

Cost

Matthew

Industry: Semiconductors

Great Product!

Great software.

Pros

This software is easy to use and is great for our needs!

Cons

Great software. I have no cons at this time.

Daniella

eBacon for Roofing

I manage the user accounts and have no issues with the support from eBacon.

Pros

It's user friendly and customer service is responsive

Cons

There isn't really are not any issue with the software for what we use it for

4.53/5 out of 20 reviews