• Pros

• "Ease of use. It's extremely convenient and user friendly. The layout is well organized and it makes the entire user experience wonderful."

• "Easy to use and understand who is in your queue."

• "Easy to use. works seamlessly with our CRM system. no technical issues. It has been one of the best solutions we've ever implemented."

• Cons

• "There were no issues at all with the software, except that we were unable to add a photograph or jpeg to one of the questions..."

• "There's nothing that I dislike about this software. On occasion the videos do not load properly. That's probably my only complaint. But then again, that's extremely rare."

• "Had issues with signing in and they were hard to resolve, but it eventually got fixed and I was able to sign in. "

Browse Kira Talent Reviews

Teresa from Smith School of Business At Queen's University

The Kira platform has allowed us to differentiate between candidates and determine fit much easier

Pros

I like the timed responses, and opportunity to 'bucket' questions into different categories. It allows us to easily determine a candidates comprehension and see how quickly and concisely they can formulate an answer. This tool also offers us the ability to see who our applicants are, and if they meet the English proficiency levels that we require for admission into the MBA.

Cons

I wish the video would automatically feed into our CRM system. At this stage the link is a manual process. Integration into Salesforce would be ideal

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey Teresa! Thank you so much for the review! :) Looking forward to setting up a Kira/Salesforce integration with you in the near future! -Christian

Sarah from Case Western Reserve University

Enhances the Student Applicant Experience

We wanted a way to personalize the applicant experience to our graduate program. Kira Talent has helped us to get to know our applicants as people versus what we read about on paper. It has helped us see who may be best fit for our program.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to be able to holistically access our applicants to our graduate program by viewing their responses to certain interview questions. It brings the candidate to life when we can see their personality and how they react and adapt to interview questions versus reading about them on paper.

Cons

Sometimes we run into issues where the students have trouble recording their answers due to connectivity issues. I also wish there was an easier way to view the videos once submitted rather than having to look through the log of applicants to see which ones are newest.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied September 2019

Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for the wonderful review! :) I'll reach out to you directly to discuss easier ways you can access the applicants videos. - Christian

Madooree from CFIB

Industry: Public Policy

Customer Service needs improvement

It is a useful tool for high volume recruitment organizations.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use and provides candidates with directions at every step.

Cons

The platform is not mobile enabled and it became an issue with a lot of candidates that willing to take the interview on their phones or tablets. There is less support for French candidates and I feel that they can improve a lot in customer service and providing French support to candidates. The business has taken a very different direction and is focusing more on University admissions.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Madooree, Thank you so much for your review and feedback! :) We hope to one day bring back the mobile app! Thanks, Christian

Richard from UT

Great Prodcut to assist with recruitment

Pros

It allows you to get a sense of an individual before you meet them in person and it allows you to see a video of their verbal communications skills and then their written skills with a written assessment. It has been a crucial tool for my team to help with recruitment.

Cons

Sometimes candidates are able to game the platform to be able to review the questions and thus prepare in advance. They need to create a better security system to prevent this from happening.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied December 2019

Hey Richard, Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback! :) We are just about to release an upgrade to the platform that will make gaming the system much more difficult! This should be fully deployed by the end of 2019. Thanks! Christian

Kareem from Ryerson University

Good idea, not the best for the end user.

Was able to weed through a huge pool of potential candidates with more context than a resume.

Pros

It helps you gain better insight of your candidates with a face to face which makes it easier to weed out people earlier in the process.

Cons

The users complained about the usability and not being able to time things properly. It doesn't actually replicate an interview and the screening isn't the best at all from their perspective so you might actually lose out on the best candidate if you based it on this.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Kareem - thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it. You're right - we do recommend using Kira as a screening tool (like you are) instead of a replacement for a final, in-person interview. So glad you're seeing value and saving time with your current use case! - Melanie

Ted from Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University

I think that the Kira product is very good. I am overall satisfied

Reduced cycle time, marketing opportunities to candidates, more relaxed candidates,

Pros

The ability to serve the candidates. It is convenient, provides stats, meets a need from candidates, and allow us to convey messages to the candidates. It also meets our needs as staff. The customer service of Kira is also very good.

Cons

Lack of online mobile support for staff. A bit clunky in functionality. Not as user friendly as it could be. Need the ability to sort through candidates as defined by the user.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Ted, what a great review! Thank you so much! It's wonderful to hear you're having a good experience, and you're seeing lots of value with the Kira platform. We hope to have mobile apps for applicants in the future, and I agree about the ability to sort applicants as defined by the user. This is on our list! - Melanie

Kimberly from Ryerson University

Outstanding platform that simplifies the hiring process

Kira Talent is an incredible platform that has supported our hiring process time and time again. It saves time, is easy to use and the customer service is tremendous.

Pros

Easy to use, accessible and convenient. This software has improved the hiring process tremendously. When asking applicants about their experience interviewing with Kira, we've received very positive feedback.

Cons

Occasionally, sound quality was compromised when applicants used headphones

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Kimberly, Thanks for the awesome review! I'll let our customer service teams know that you found them tremendous! :) Cheers, Christian

Olivia from Kellogg School of Management

Great customer support

We have been able to meet candidates by implementing the video essay questions into our application, has been a nice personal touch that is now integrated into the application. Really agile and great client support!

Pros

Really great digital evaluation/interview tool with great functionality and troubleshooting steps, plus really fast customer support to clients and their clients!

Cons

Not much, just took some time to integrate their talent platform into my school's existing application system (Slate) because that platform had existing video technology and Slate didn't want to help input a third party video platform.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied December 2019

Hey Olivia! Thanks so much for the great review! We truly appreciate it! :) Christian

July 2014

Tim from TutorBright

July 2014

Beautiful platform, wonderful client support, great experience!

KiraTalent is a wonderful platform that we use daily and extensively in our hiring and qualification process. It is used to qualify large numbers of applicants quickly and conveniently. The features we use the most are the custom question banks and uploading our own video questions. The platform is beautiful and easy to use. We can create interviews quickly, and are able to invite candidates to answer questions immediately. The client support team is extremely helpful and quickly responsive to any issues, suggestions, problems, etc. They are always available with answers to any inquiries we have.

Pros

- Easy to use user interface, very attractive and aesthetically pleasing - Client Support is extremely responsive and positive - Customization of interviews - Ability to upload own videos for branding purposes

Cons

- A few applicants reported difficulty getting their webcam to work on the first try, and were unable to record their interviews.

Vrinda from Talisman Education Solutions Private Limited

Kira Talent Review

I have used for giving my interviews and it has been a really great experience

Pros

I have used this software for giving interviews at several colleges during my MBA admissions. It is very user friendly and the customer support is amazing

Cons

The sound quality could be better. While using it for practice interviews I found some issues about the echo being heard in recordings

Response from Kira Talent

Replied September 2019

Hey Vrinda, Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We really appreciate it :) Cheers, Jamie

Angela from McMaster University, DeGroote School of Business

Kira Talent has been an excellent addition to our Admission process. Highly recommend Kira Talent.

Meeting our candidates virtually is a big plus. The convenient and user friendly platform saves time and adds efficiencies to the process. It is a great extension to a candidate’s application.

Pros

One of the most attractive features of the Kira Talent platform is how exceptionally easy it is to use. We use it daily as an integral part of our Admission process in getting to know our candidates better. The platform is very easy to navigate and the layout is very appealing. It is convenient and offers many great features including a ‘Results’ page that summarizes browser refreshes, technical issues, total time the candidate spent on completing their interview and a spelling and grammar check on the written response. The Kira Team is one of the most supportive and dedicated teams I have interacted with. The customer support team is always on hand to provide a great customer experience. They continue to grow their product and are always improving on an already great platform. They are receptive to customer feedback and the customer always feels valued. I would highly recommend this product.

Cons

Really no cons. Any issues or suggestions that are made are quickly acted on and improved upon. They are always meeting the customer’s needs.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Angela! Thank you so much for the incredible review! :) It is our pleasure working with you and the team at McMaster University - DeGroote School of Business! Cheers, Christian

Bridget from Carnegie Mellon University - Heinz College

Kira Talent assessments have helped us gain a better view of our applicants' communication skills.

We're able to virtually interview applicants without requiring staff to be available for live interviews; incorporating the review of these interviews into application review has been extremely helpful in assessing individuals for our professional graduate degrees.

Pros

Easy to use from the admin side; integration with our current app system went quite smoothly and continues to run without issues about 2 years after implementation. It allows us to mimic a live interview without the personnel necessary to hold hundreds of live interviews with individual applicants. The randomization of questions is a great feature. Customer support is great. Applicants who are qualified for our programs (able to complete a live interview without extreme anxiety that inhibits communication) have given it positive reviews. Looking forward to integrating it with our new CRM/app (Slate) to be built over the next year or so.

Cons

The ability of applicants to refresh their web browser to get a new question (until they get a question they can answer) isn't great. On our side, the fact that questions have been collected in this way and disseminated on sites like gradcafe.com isn't awesome - but when we see an interviewee obviously reading their answer in the interview, it actually makes our decision much easier. I wish there was an admin user role that would allow the user to login and view any interview without having it assigned to them specifically - without giving them the ability to delete/modify content/interviews within Kira Talent (so - more granular access rights would be nice).

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Bridget! Thank you so much for your review!! I am so glad that Kira has been helpful to you and your team over the years, and that you are going to be integrating with Slate! I would love to connect about questions leaking onto public forums. I will send you an email to chat further :) - Cathlin

Anthony from The Ohio State University

It's easy to use and generally reliable.

Pros

Simplicity and speed, as well as the rubric definitions and verbiage. The ability to add and edit notes. As an end-user, I'm not privy to the customizable nature of the questions or rubrics, but would hope that we have the option of testing for various competencies (in addition to the same ones I see every day from applicants' submissions).

Cons

The lack of ability to place candidates literally next to each other in comparison. At least as I've been trained, each applicant is reviewed separately, but there are times when it would be valuable to have functionality allowing side-by-side comparison of ratings and for the choice of applicants (side by side) be "filterable" by application date, geography, etc. Also, is there a way to test for severity or leniency bias by reviewers and to filter the results by the same criteria, as well as demographic data? There's a lot more potential for this program-- largely to help with validity and reliability.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Anthony, thank you so much for your great review! Unfortunately, we don't capture geographic data in Kira now, but this is a great idea. The ability to compare applicants side by side is also a great idea - I'll submit these as feature requests now. I hope you're using the "Analytics" tab at the top of your Kira screen, and your "Ratings by Reviewer" option per assessment to understand the variability between reviewers' overall scores! - Melanie

Meredith from Case Western Reserve University

I couldn't do my job without Kira!

I've saved a lot of personal time reviewing applicants thanks to Kira.

Pros

Kira is easy to use. I can have multiple reviewers use the system and everything is consistent across the board. Using Kira has saved me personally over 45 additional hours of reviewing interviews outside of my normal working hours per year. The platform is intuitive and user friendly. Their customer support is second to none! The minute I have a question, I can expect a reply within the hour and my dedicated account specialist makes me feel like I have her fullest attention. They continually provide support and resources for my students and staff. Because of Kira, I now have more time to focus on my applicants and students.

Cons

Kira has come a long way since I began to use them, and I look forward to the growth ahead. I understand that it's hard to have on platform for all of the companies/universities who use their services, but there are more tweaks that can be made to enhance my personal use of their platform, including a search function for ALL of Kira, not just a search per section/group. It would also be great to have a way to input the completion date into the system and have automatic reminder emails get sent out until they complete it.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Meredith! Thanks so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you have found your Kira experience so enjoyable!! Thank you so much for your feedback on new features that could improve the product for you :) I will definitely bring these back to my team and keep you updated on any progress! Best, Cathlin

Brittany from brown school

Easy Application Review

Pros

I like this software because of the simplicity of the software and the ease of use. I love the idea of being able to watch prospective student videos and getting to review the application on another level. It is helpful to not have to only review long drawn out applications all day, but to have a tool that allows for you to easily separate one candidate from the next candidate. I love the Kira interviews. The process works well for a program like social work or public health because you can really see and witness the passion that is exuded from the video submissions that the applicants send in to us during application season.

Cons

Although there are aspects of the software that I really like, there are also aspects of the software that I believe are a bit challenging at times. For example, I find it difficult sometimes to troubleshoot, navigate, and solve technical issues for individuals applying to the program. In my opinion, the solution is not very helpful to the prospective student because I often must refer them to Kira to call for help with their problem and sometimes I feel as if I am not providing the highest level of customer service to the prospective student. This can at times can be a bit frustrating to say the least.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Brittany, Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy to hear that Kira allows you to see the passion of the student applying :) Thank you for letting us know about the issues and ideas that you have surrounding technical support for applicants! I would love to connect with you further about this to hear your ideas :) I will reach out to your via email. - Cathlin

Jeremy from MSL Program

Good functionality and quite easy to use

Pros

The short interviews that we use the software for are very valuable. Kira is pretty easy to use - inviting one or multiple email addresses to an interview is very easy. The platform is quick to load and watch interviews. We use this platform almost daily and it works well for what it does.

Cons

I really wish that the interviews were mobile compatible. Several interviewees have only had access to a microphone though their phone, so have not been able to complete the Kira interview. Once someone completes an interview, you cannot change the interview structure (for instance to give interviewees more time to complete the interview). I understand why this is in place but wish you could override the system to make these changes. It is tricky / finicky to copy links to individual interview invites. We do this quite a bit as we will send an email with their interview link.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Jeremy - thanks so much for your feedback! I'm glad you're having a good experience overall. We hope to have mobile apps for applicants again in the future, and please lean on me at any time to make structural changes to the interview. I'm happy to help. Regarding the interview links for applicants - I hope you're making use of the Applicant Details CSV for easy copy/pasting! - Melanie

A GREAT ADDITION TO THE INTERVIEW PROCESS; GARNERS ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT DETAILS FROM APPLICANTS

Pros

Simple yet effective. Using Kira allowed us to get to know our clients in a way that made the screening process easier. The video interviewing features created a faster and easier way of assessing a client, it saved us and the client time. After the video interview, we can be certain which client is a great candidate for our firm. The process became smoother since we started using Kira.

Cons

It seems like applicants cannot be filtered demographically which is an important factor for applicant browsing, for us at least. It would really be great if this can be added to future updates since this may hasten our process more.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied September 2018

Hey there! Thank you so much for the positive review! :) I've taken your feedback and shared it with our development team for consideration. Please feel free to reach to your Client Success Manager if you'd like to discuss this in more detail! -Christian

Sarah from Washington University in St. Louis

Great Platform for Garnering Hundreds of Interviews

Pros

Kira saves our team so much time by allowing us to collect interview responses without having to schedule an in-person or face-to-face Skype interview. Having the interview responses are also a really helpful way for us to more holistically review applicants to our graduate programs. We learn more about the applicants by hearing them speak, as opposed to just knowing them from what they provide on paper.

Cons

There is some clunky-ness in the functionality of the software, especially when clicking in and out of each video response. For example, when trying to select the Notes button, it is easy to accidentally click somewhere outside of the button and then consequently collapse the entire video and ranking section. This gets frustrating when you are in the middle of viewing a video and then accidentally close it because you clicked somewhere close by.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Sarah, Thank you so much for the feedback and review! :) I've shared your feedback with our design and development teams! Cheers, Christian

March 2015

Elissa from Spark Growth Partners LLC

March 2015

Great addition to our recruiting process

Pros

We found Kira Talent to be a great screening tool to quickly get a sense of certain candidates and narrow to a short-list in an efficient way. Instead of judging based on resumes alone, these video interviews were a great supplement to get us down to a shorter list of candidates worth interviewing in person.

Cons

When I first started using the software a couple of years ago there were a few minor glitches, but I believe they've all been fixed. They're also very responsive on any issues, so this didn't cause me any real problems.

David from University of Texas School of Law

Overall I really enjoy getting to know the students by seeing them and hearing their answers.

I get a deeper knowledge of the student by seeing them and hearing them answer the questions. Their applications come to life when I watch their videos.

Pros

The software makes it very easy to invite a student to interview. In addition, the software makes it easy to view a student's video. The quality of the video is very high.

Cons

I don't like to have to search for the student I invited. We have 6 members of our staff who invite students and I have to scroll through all of them to find the ones I invited because I only view the students I invite. Also, I wish it were less cumbersome to see when a student was invited, and to send them a reminder to complete their video by the due date. I can only search on sent invites if I know the email address. This is frustrating.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi David, Thanks so much for your review! Thank you for providing feedback on how your team uses our product and we will definitely take this into account in the future! I will send you an email to see if we can schedule a time to chat about some of your concerns and ways we can address them on the platform :) Best, Cathlin

Brian from University of California, Davis

Kira Talent is an easy to use online platform for managing interview invites for our applicants.

This software allows us to easily interface with our applicant base to manage our interviews.

Pros

The best feature of this software is its ability to manage reminders through the system for those who have not started or not completed their Kira interview. It's also very user friendly, allowing us to group specific people for certain types of interviews as well as providing analysis for certain types of actions taken throughout an interview.

Cons

I would like to have a feature added that lets us know whether individuals have received the original email invitation. Sometimes we are unsure if someone has received and viewed/opened the invitation email and we have to follow up with them manually.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Bryan! Thank you so much for your feedback. In your "Analytics" tab at the top of your page, you can see the "Applicant Pipeline" for each of your assessments. On this blue bar graph, the "Not Started" stage lists all applicants who have not opened their invite email. The "Opened Email" stage lists all applicants who've opened their email, but haven't registered yet. You can also remind the applicants from this page as well! Hope that helps! - Melanie

Cynthia from Concordia University

I like Kira Talent, the platform is professional and easy to use, excellent customer support.

Easy to connect candidates from different parts of the world. No need to schedule phone interviews. We can evaluate the candidates' English skills, their personality and determine if they are a good fit to our program. We can also use customized questions.

Pros

It is easy to use. It eliminates the burden of phone interview (different time zones). Good to see the candidate's personality and determine their communication skills. An excellent feature is to sends reminders to candidates who did not complete the video on time.

Cons

Sometime the sound and video quality is not clear. Candidates unable to do the video interview from a mobile phone.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Cynthia! Thanks so much for your review! I am glad to hear that Kira has been beneficial to you and your team! We did used to have a mobile app that applicants could use to complete the assessment, but we found that very few applicants utilized it! Thank you so much for this feedback, and I will be sure to share this with my team! Best, Cathlin

Jamie from Brown School at Washington University in St. Louis

Excellent product and even better customer service

We work with several admissions technology vendors - Kira is by far the best to work with!

Pros

The Kira team is amazing to work with - there is a bit of work on the front end to get setup and they were with us and super helpful all the way. Kira is easy to use and administer and we've received mostly positive feedback from our applicants as well. It has really added something special to our holistic admissions process.

Cons

Lack of mobile app - would be convenient for applicants to use their mobile devices to complete the assessment.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Jamie! :) Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback! We are really happy to be "by far the best to work with." Cheers! Christian

Susan from Boston University

Kira Talent is an excellent way to screen applicants and form an immediate impression.

This software provides a very reliable indicator of an applicant's personality and potential. In a program such as ours, where we assess leadership potential, communications ability, initiative and assertiveness, Kira Talent has proven to be very consistent with what we find during full-length, in-person interviews.

Pros

The software is easy to use, functional, has good search function, and provides valuable information. I use it a lot and have found it to be a very important of our admissions process, especially when we cannot interview everybody.

Cons

I think students are a little intimidated by the process and may be nervous. I have had some instances in which students read their responses to the question. This isn't a problem with the software per se. Occasionally, the videos take a while to load and cause delay.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Susan - I'm so glad you're having a positive experience with Kira! Please let me know if you continue to experience video loading issues this year - we've recently updated our video player, so the playback should be instantaneous next review season :) - Melanie

Emily from The Rady School of Management at UC San Diego

Kira - Great for increasing efficiency of application review

My overall experience with Kira has been great. It's easy to use and increases the efficiency of our application interviewing process.

Pros

The addition of Kira to our business school application process significantly increase the turn around time for admissions decisions, allows our team to interview more candidates, created a more consistent and fair applicant interview process, and all while maintaining the integrity of the interview process.

Cons

Due to the way our team moves applications forward, the one change that I would love to see is the ability to batch assign/unassign applicants to reviewers. Currently the system only permits user to assign/unassign applicant interviews one by one to reviewers - which takes longer when you've got 50 interviews to unassign and the next 50 or 60 to assign.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Emily! :) Thanks so much for the great review and feedback! I have shared this with our design and development teams! Cheers, Christian

Save so much time in the hiring process!

Saves time and allows us to better know our candidates! It is easy to use and is a great system for our organization.

Pros

The software allows us to conduct first-round interviews without bringing candidates into the organization and having the hiring committee gather in one place at one time. The committee can review candidates from anywhere! This allows our second round in-person interviews to have a stronger pool of candidates.

Cons

I don't like that you can't pre-select the reviewers for all the applicants for a chosen assessment, i.e. after each candidate submits their videos, you have to go back in and assign that applicant to the reviewers. Why can't you just set all the reviewers you want for a specific assessment and have them all get alerted to review candidates once they filter in?

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting a review! :) Good news! Later this year we'll be releasing a new feature: 'Automatic Assignments' for reviewers! Stay tuned for more to come! -Christian

Aiddee from USC Rossier School of Education

I use Kira Talent on a Daily Basis for work

Pros

I like how Kira Talent is easy to use. User friendly and if any of our applicants need assistance the support team responds quickly. I love how Kira notifies me of any updates or changes being made to the software. Especially, if I have particular questions or need help trouble shooting a problem, I get a response quickly.

Cons

There isn't anything I least like about the software. I use this on a daily basis for processing applications.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Aiddee! Thanks so much for the awesome review! :) We're very happy to hear that you appreciate our responsiveness! Cheers, Christian

Jessica from Olin Business School, WashU

We have used Kira for the past 3 years. It is easy to use, easy to update.

Pros

Ease of use, integration with our application, access to review what a reviewer said and comments. This year we used the writing function and really liked that.

Cons

No matter the randomness of the questions, our questions are making their way onto public media and we are seeing rehearsed answers.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Jessica, thanks so much for your review! I am glad to hear that adding timed written responses was beneficial to you and your team! I will reach out to you via email to see if we can find a way to better randomize questions for next cycle to ensure that all applicants are getting a fair chance :) Best, Cathlin

Sam from HackerYou

We use Kira to evaluate personality fit for applicants to our courses.

Using Kira allows us to get a snapshot of each of our applicants that can be reviewed multiple times without requiring our Admissions team to have to meet each individual for our courses. We have a lot of applicants and it can be difficult to memorize each interaction, so having Kira allows us to maintain that contact while not having to sink as many resources into scheduling and conducting interviews.

Pros

Fast and easy to get a snapshot of our applicants. One general link can be sent to all applicants and they check in themselves which makes things easier on our end on the admin side. Being able to generate a quick share link allows us to easily link back to each candidate when reviewing applications.

Cons

When watching videos, it's not always easy to play, pause, and move the slider back to an earlier point in the video. Occasionally I can't make out what a person says in their response and I want to go back to hear it, but when I try to slide back the video usually freezes and isn't playable. I usually have to refresh the page to re-watch. Would be handy if I didn't have to do this!

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Sam! Thank you so much for your review! In regards to video playback, we have recently implemented HTML5 on the reviewers end of the platform! This should allow you to better skip around, pause, and play the video! Best, Cathlin

ben from Penn State University

Kira in the admission process

Overall our experience has been great with Kira Talent. This software has increased our admission process quality for interviews by allowing us to get a snapshot of the prospect before an official interview. The Software also allows us to really look at the students fit to our programs.

Pros

It allows us to score our admission pool before offering out interviews, helping increase staff efficency time use.

Cons

That the video link cannot be added embedded in our graduate schools application easily.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Ben, Thanks so much for the awesome review! :) We really appreciate it! Cheers, Christian

Ellie from Westminster Online Learning

This product is user friendly, has a great UI and customer service is fantastic!

Pros

The Kira team has been so quick to help every time our team needs to make updates on the platform. They usually respond within just a few hours and deliver on requests just as quickly. They also respond quickly to applicants who reach out for help on the platform. The platform itself is very easy for both the applicant and our backend users. In just over a year with Kira, we have not had a single applicant who had an issue navigating the platform and completing the interview because it's so intuitive.

Cons

The main downside for our team is that we have international and other applicants who don't always have access to consistent internet. However, Kira's minimum bandwidth requirements are well within reason. The former Flash requirement used to be a huge downside (having to advise applicants to use Chrome wasn't ideal), but the switch to HTML5 takes care of that problem.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Ellie, thank you so much for your review! I am so glad to hear that you and your applicants are enjoying Kira! Best, Cathlin

Loreli from UC Davis

The customer service reps are fantastic.

Our applicants are able to submit a video to us and we are able to customize our videos

Pros

I love the ease that we are able to send out reminder emails and that our applicants can contact the customer support reps directly when there is an issue.

Cons

I wish there was a chat feature that allowed us to connect instantly with a rep although their response time is actually quite fast otherwise so we are still pretty satisfied!

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Loreli, thanks for the stellar review! It's always a pleasure to work with you and your team :) - Melanie

Sarah from Brown School at Washington University in St. Louis

Kira offers a streamlined way to review candidates and get to know them on a more personal level.

We get to learn more about our applicants without the hassle of trying to coordinate schedules for in-person or Skype interviews.

Pros

I like that Kira is easy for our candidates to use, and that it allows them to practice using the platform before starting the actual interview. Customer support is great and very quick to helping us and helping our candidates when they have trouble using the platform.

Cons

I don't love how the video responses collapse so easily by simply clicking anywhere. There have been multiple times when I've accidentally collapsed a video when I really meant to write a note or rate the candidate.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Sarah! Thanks so much for your review! I am glad to hear that your team and your applicants have enjoyed the platform :) Thank you so much for your feedback on the video boxes collapsing, I will absolutely bring this back to my team! Best, Cathlin

Kristen from Brandeis International Business School

I have had a good experience with Kira. Overall, it has always functioned well and support great.

Pros

I like the ability to change our questions easily throughout the admissions cycle. I also like that we can see the number of browser refreshes and all of the technical aspects.

Cons

I don't have any at this time to share. I guess we get students who tell us they have technical difficulties and we can't trouble shoot them on our own. It would be nice to be able to assist them at some level, if possible. So, maybe it would be good to have a training about basic common issues students/users have.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Kristen, thank you for your amazing review! It's always a pleasure to work with you and the Brandeis team. I absolutely understand where you're coming from re: applicant support. Our goal is to have as few applicants as possible experience technical issues! Here is our new FAQ page if this helps you ... help your applicants! https://kiratalent.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. We're always here to help if needed :) - Melanie

Kira Talent have a great product and an excellent support team.

A whole extra layer of assessment. Consistency alongside our interview process - we have alumni interviewing for us, so this software allows us to take a look at every applicant.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to set up and use and provides huge assessment & selection value in the recruitment process.

Cons

It's not really a negative about the software, more about the idea of video assessment. We felt that it was important to have a team discussion on visual and language bias to ensure that we use the product carefully, respectfully and in context.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey there! Thanks so much for the wonderful review! :D -Christian

Brandi from USC

Kira for video interviews

This software allows us to interview applicants quickly and easily without the logistical burden of bringing them in in person.

Pros

I like that this software allows you to randomize questions for participants.

Cons

I would have liked to have access to the back end to make edits to interview questions more readily.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Brandi! Thanks so much for the feedback! :) I've shared this with our design and product development teams! Cheers, Christian

Leigh from Rotman

Game changer for admissions

Pros

Just the concept - see students before you invite them to interview helps us make better decisions overall

Cons

Navigation could be easier back and forth between candidates. Would like to see if already been reviewed or not and by who.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey Leigh! Thanks for the wonderful review! :D We've got some more admin features coming out this year that will address your concerns - stay tuned! -Christian

Fantastic product that has made interviews a lot easier for my company.

Multiple people being able to review the prospective applicants is fantastic. As we deal with international students it can be hard to arrange times that work for both parties, this product allows the applicant to complete it at a time that works for them and than we can review the interview when it works for our schedules as well.

Pros

I like the ability to review the interviews, and have the applicants complete them at a time that works for everyone.

Cons

Some slight adjustments would make it even more beneficial for day to day use, but these are small personalized things that on a whole do not detract much form my overall pleasant experience with the product.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey there! Thanks a tonne for the great review! We truly appreciate it! :) -Christian

Jared from Yale School of Management

Kira is great to work with.

Adds a dimension to our work.

Pros

Fast and reliable customer service (for us and our users), the platform works internationally, and it integrates nicely with our admissions system.

Cons

I have no complaints. Reps and the rest of the team are great to work with and have met our ongoing needs.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey Jared! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! :) -Christian

Derk from Johns Hopkins Carey Business School

pleasant and measurable

We have been able to streamline our interview process while adding an additional element to our assessment of applicant "fit" to our school.

Pros

It's rather easy to rank and assess applicants. There is a lot of flexibility while building the bank of questions that applicants are asked.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to pull overall data about applicants rather than reviewing them individually.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey Derk! Thanks for the review! We really appreciate it! :) When I visit JHU in a few weeks, we'll cover some easier ways to pull overall data! -Christian

Quite splendid. Never had any difficulties. Beautifully structured.

Cons

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey there! Thanks so much for the wonderful review! :D We recently moved from Adobe Flash to HTML5 for all video playback - next admissions cycle, you shouldn't experience videos failing to load at all any more! -Christian

Great software for student/applicants.

Pros

Kira is a surprisingly easy to use software and it has a lot of features and functionalities needed when reviewing applications and/or student's details all day. The UI is friendly and it makes data searchers easier.

Cons

We have had some technical issues, especially with paying the videos as they can be hard to navigate, pause, move back and forward. Would love to see more options for customization.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey there! Thank you so much for the positive review! :D We've recently upgraded all video playback software to HTML5. This should resolve video playback issues and allow for better pausing/skipping forward/back in videos! We're also working on some exciting new features - stay tuned! -Christian

Mindy from Case Western Reserve University

Kira - a personalized, insightful tool for recruiting

Outstanding! We'll continue to use Kira and hopefully expand to other graduate programs. I have also been vocal with contacts in Industry about leveraging this tool for interviewing talented students for internships and entry-level roles.

Pros

I greatly appreciate the flexibility it offers our prospective students. Our application process is an important part of our students' experience with our program. The ability to tailor questions and ensure a quality process is critical. While not a dynamic conversation we find our applicants to be exceptionally candid. We're readily able to gain valuable insight on their communication skills and motivations for attending our program. It's our first year using Kira and it's been a huge help!

Cons

So far, nothing. We've had few issues with reviews that didn't get logged. They were immediately addressed.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Mindy! Thank you so much for the incredible review! :) We would love to bring other programs at Case Western onboard with Kira! Cheers, Christian

Mudita from Lassonde School of Engineering

Kira at the Lassonde School of Engineering

We have been satisfied with the platform so far. It would be good to see improvements year over year. As an administrator, I haven't seen much change in three years. As a school that integrates Kira with Salesforce, improvements to API also need to be made.

Pros

Simple, easy-to-use for students Customer/Technical support for students is managed by Kira

Cons

Need more analytic capabilities to generate reviewer reports, ways to remind reviewers of outstanding reviews. It would be good to be able to see a reviewer's view of the platform as an administrator, to determine where they might need support.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Mudita! Thanks so much for the great review and feedback. I have shared this with our design and development teams! :) Cheers, Christian

Agnes from Rotman School of Management

Kira Talent Review

Pros

Great way to have a quick look of the candidates communications skills. Effective

Cons

Once on a candidate page upon finishing review, no look-up for name to go to the next review and have to go back to the Applicant Listing and search for name again. More efficient if the name search bar is on every page.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Agnes, Thank you so much for the positive review! :) I've shared your feedback with the design and development teams! Cheers, Christian

Kira has helped us with streamlining our application review process.

The biggest benefit I have received from this software is it has streamlined my application review process so now I no longer have to schedule online Skype interviews with international applicants.

Pros

The software is super easy to use and we have experienced very few technical errors either on our side or our applicants side. When issues have come up the Kira team has had it fixed within 24 hours.

Cons

Honestly, I have not run into any issues using this software yet, it has been a great experience so far!

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hey there! Thanks so much for the review! Glad to hear you're experiencing the value of Kira! -Christian

Danielle from UCI

Intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Kira staff are easy to work with and can implement changes easily and efficiently. The videos are easy to run and I like that I can communicate with users quickly and with a few clicks.

Cons

The analytics page could be a little more detailed- maybe including a search function so we can find a user more quickly instead of doing a manual search.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Hi Danielle, thank you so much for the wonderful review! I agree about your Analytics feedback - it's on my personal product wish list to be able to sort/filter applicants in all areas of Analytics :) I'll pass this along to the team as well. - Melanie

Kathy from University of Washington Foster School of Business

User friendly with great interface!

Excellent customer service, especially with the live chat feature on their website. I've utilized it a few times and it's very handy. Additionally, the 24/7 tech help for applicants is also super convenient and helpful. I've also had the opportunity to be involved in the creation of a new program and manged the recording process and sending the script and recordings to Kira. Pretty seamless process. The reps are super helpful to work with.

Pros

It is very easy to use and navigate in terms of setting up, recording, accessing, and reviewing recordings.

Cons

The inability to batch assign specific applicants to reviewers. Currently the batch assignment is only for randomized applications.

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Kathy! :) Thanks so much for the positive review! We love hearing that our customer service reps have been great to work with! I've passed your feedback along to the design and development teams! Cheers, Christian

Lisa from Imperial College Business School

An innovative way to interview!

Pros

I have been using the Kira Talent platform for just over a year and find it very easy to use when reviewing candidate's video interviews. The platform is very user-friendly and easy to navigate through. I would definitely recommend the software to anyone that wants to free up a bit of time when interviewing large number of candidates.

Cons

I haven't had a bad experience of the platform yet and neither have my colleagues - I know a couple of candidates often face technical issues, but I believe that's purely down to having an unsecure internet connection. Overall, I have had a pleasant experience

Response from Kira Talent

Replied May 2018

Thank you so much for the incredible review, Lisa! It's been great working with you and the Imperial team these past few years :) - Melanie

Michelle from McMaster University

Effective way to screen candidates

Kira Talent provides an effective way of screening applicants prior to inviting them for an in-person interview. We get a glimpse of their personality and people skills so that we can invite the best possible pool of candidates to the in-person interviews. I have already recommended Kira Talent to many of my colleagues!

Pros

Applicants reported that it was very easy to use. There were no issues with internet connectivity or accessibility.

Cons

Response from Kira Talent

Replied March 2019

Hey Michelle! Thank you so much for the lovely review! :) We appreciate it so much! Cheers, Christian