All Kudos Reviews

1-25 of 1,072 Reviews

Bonnie

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

An easy and FUN way to say thank you

Overall experience has been great, as mentioned above it is an easy and quick way to show someone that they matter as a part of your team. Actions speak louder than words, and by giving some kudos to someone who is doing great in their position, it is the just the icing on top of the thank you that you already gave them!

PROS

I love Kudos because it is that extra little something to tell a coworker thank you or that you appreciate them! I love being able to award team members for their work and then they can turn around and use those Kudos to buy themselves something special. Kudos is a creative way to give back to those people who help you or make your work day better! I love giving and receiving KUDOS! :)

CONS

I have had no issues when using this software

Rose

Individual & Family Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Kudos is a must for employee recognition!

From my first demo to my last onboarding session, I have had nothing but wonderful experiences working with the Kudos Team. They have gone above and beyond to meet my agency's needs and have helped me set up the platform for launch day. I can't say enough great things about Kudos! I have also really enjoyed several webinars run by the Kudos Team.

PROS

Very easy to use and navigate. Very similar to other social media platforms. I like how we can access the platform on our computers via the internet, phone, Outlook, and/or Teams.

CONS

Hoping for a swag store to be integrated into the platform!

Reason for choosing Kudos

I liked that Kudos put recognition first, above rewards, and didn't show the earned points on profiles for everyone to see. I also like the reporting data and was cost efficient.

Reasons for switching to Kudos

Not everyone had access to the platform in our agency and the gift items were not interesting to the team members. It was not user friendly and it was very hard for HR/IT to update the data for new hires and terms.

Nabi

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Kudus encourages me

Naturally, every human beings need for some sort of encouragement in life carrier. One of the best software which motivate us beyond extra miles, I've ever seen is Kudos. My specific experience; I got an exceptional vote from our CEO for attending a hard meeting with governor while all telecom operators were switched off due to security situation. As a result of my long discussion with governor, MTN was the first operator which restored and I was motivated by our CEO.

PROS

It is well designed in 4 categories with clear explanations and easy use

CONS

To be frank nothing is least likely in this software

Lindsay

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Great for team morale

PROS

Love that there is a platform for our employees to recognize each other for the hard work they do

CONS

Not much to not like. If I had to pick something it would be a suggestions section for employees to submit prize requests or incentive requests.

Reviewed January 2020

Great for Employee Engagement

Very positive. I'm very confident that this tool will help us build a more positive culture and a new way to put focus on employee recognition.

PROS

It's structured like a social feed and very easy to use. Minimal training required and implementation and customization was very simple. Powerful tool for increasing employee engagement and building a culture of recognition.

CONS

I wish it supported GIF files and had a way to set up points activities that users could claim, but other than that it's great!

Reason for choosing Kudos

Kudos was much more affordable and had virtually all of the same features. It also puts more emphasis on the core values and qualities that you want employees to demonstrate vs. the number of points sent from user to user.

Ayush

Staffing and Recruiting, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2023

Kudos is an excellent software and method to express your gratitude publically

It's an excellent collaboration platform. Every organisation need it. Usability is also straightforward. I enjoy how it inspires us to go above and above for our coworkers because we know they will reward us with compliments. It contributes to making the modest inconspicuous number of work that someone accomplishes apparent and valued. I am confident that if I ever had a problem, Kudos would be outstanding at addressing it.

PROS

Kudos is an excellent tool for recognising colleagues in small or bug teams in IT or any other sector. There is a newsfeed where you can view all activity throughout your whole organisation, and an area where you can see every praise you sent and got. We no longer need to wait for mid- or year-end approvals to acquire management or peer assessment with accolades. I appreciate the variety of options for spending my kudos, and redemption is straightforward. Kudos to Kudos for making showing appreciation so enjoyable.

CONS

If I had to pick something to dislike, it would be that anybody can see the number of recognitions and honours you have gotten on your profile on the right-hand side. A person should be allowed to choose how many kudos to offer to another person. There are currently predefined quantities. We attempt to integrate activities in Kudos to guarantee that everyone is utilising the platform and that it is not just a small group of people giving each other Kudos.

Susan

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Kudos for Kudos!

Overall, I have had a very positive experience with Kudos. It is a wonderful way for me to focus on the good and remind others how much they mean to both myself and the success of our business.

PROS

Kudos is an easy way for me to keep up with my colleagues. I work remotely, and from afar, so I do not have that face to face contact that many others do. Kudos provides an easy to use, wonderful platform to remind people how appreciated, valuable and necessary they are.

CONS

Sometimes I cannot figure out how to like and reply to rewards and comments very easily. It does not seem as fluid and direct as it could be.

María de Montserrat

Public Relations and Communications, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2023

Kudos for Kudos!

PROS

I love to use Kudos so I can recognize my team and all the persons that support me day to day. It's really simple to use and really fun how you can add GIF's.

CONS

I'll like to have more options so I can change my kudos, maybe other brands where I can use them.

Jacalyn

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Kudos review

PROS

The ability to recognize staff promptly is a great way to boost morale.

CONS

No negative feedback available at this time.

jasmine

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

easy and cheap

overall i love how easy this website is to use

PROS

i like how many features are offered in the free version and the payed version is reasonably priced.

CONS

there could be more customization options.

Brian

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Easy to use with tons of support if you need it

Kudos has been exceptional in bringing a higher level of employee recognition to our organization. It is already used much more often than previous recognition platforms we've attempted. People have been having fun with Kudos and it has been very warmly welcomed. Any of the problems we've had with Kudos has been easily rectified. I would definitely recommend Kudos to anybody looking for a recognition platform for their organization.

PROS

Kudos is a great platform for recognizing associates. It is extremely intuitive and easy to use, I was able to learn the platform quickly and easily with a minimal amount of support from Kudos. Anything that was difficult to learn was easily researched on Kudos' help pages. Even though I was able to learn the platform with a minimal amount of support, Kudos was there every step of the way with any help that I may need. The support was very responsive and if there was anything they needed to research and get back to me, I would have answers generally within 24-48 hours. The rep has been amazing in making sure I feel like I always have a connection to Kudos to quickly take care of any issues. The software is very easy to learn for our associates, it is set up similarly to other social media sites which help ease users into it. The rewards are also extremely easy to use with a very fast response, our associates love being able to cash in for a reward and get it nearly instantly.

CONS

The only problem we've had is likely just related to how our organization is set up. We would love a way to set a flag on certain individuals so that they can not receive points (such as setting our upper management to be unable to receive points, we want to save our point funds for the associates), but at the same time we want upper management to still receive Kudos. There are work-arounds for this, but it would be nice to have a simple flag you can set on certain users. I would also enjoy the ability to be able to customize the point values on the Thank you, Good Job, Impressive, and Exceptional Kudos; but again, this was very easy to work around.

Samantha

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Super simple, smooth software that aides in motivating employees

Kudos has assisted with providing a means of self motivation for the current employees. Once they see the prize they want, they are then motivation to go above and beyond at work with the hopes of receiving kudos. Employees often continue to give 110% until they get the item that they want. With the prizes being updated every so often it provides a means to continuously keep that 110% effort going. For example, an apple watch is quite an expensive piece, but through hard work and using kudos, you can obtain the expensive piece without having to come out of pocket. When employees are learning a new program or software that can be frustrating, using the kudos system keeps everyone going. This has overall been very beneficial for the employees.

PROS

I find that this software is an excellent way to provide feedback to other team members. It allows for company wide praises and gives users the chance to accumulate enough points (kudos) to get awesome prizes. This is definitely a great software that I would recommend to just about any business looking for a way to motivate their employees.

CONS

I wouldn't say that there is anything I actually dislike about this software, but some recommendations would be to add more customization to the interface of the software. Customization and personalizing is very important in today's era of technology. Allowing users to change the color of the background, text, borders etc., include GIFs (example: firework GIFs) and a variety of stickers that can be used to personalize the message being sent. The technological era we are in, already makes most interactions extremely impersonal. If you can customize the message being sent it makes it slightly more personal interaction.

Moin

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Kudos performance

I am happy with the performance since i am using Kudos.

PROS

Kudos is a path to connect with team members and recognise their work and appreciate them.

CONS

In my point of view there is nothing to say to be improved because need requirements are covering with their features.

Reason for choosing Kudos

Kudos was our first priority

Reviewed November 2018

Company culture

Kudos has become a part of our company culture- ways to recognize employees on a regular basis, opportunities for others to see what is going on throughout the company and come together for fun events throughout the year.

PROS

The ease of use for employees, the ability to recognize employees from your desk or mobile phone!

CONS

There are some features that we would like to customize, but currently there isn't that flexibility. However, if you put in your request with Kudos, they are great about finding ways to make it happen!

Hello! It's really great to hear that Kudos has become a part of your company culture! It's really rewarding to know that it's making a difference to your work day. :) We're working on a ton of cool features and functionality that will give you more control over aspects of Kudos. Stay tuned and be sure to keep sending us any feedback you have on Kudos! We love hearing from you!

Replied December 2018

Sean

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2022

High Employee Engagement

Kudo's is a fantastic tool for our employees and will be a 100 in my book once we can establish a secure API to automate our employee data sync.

PROS

The product is easy to use for our managers and employees alike. It affords first line managers and non-manager employees an avenue to provide recognition to the employees that deserve it. It has really helped boost moral and improve employee incentive.

CONS

We historically used an SFTP site to download the employee data set and this has presented some issues that we are hoping to resolve by establishing API's. However the security requirements of the healthcare industry has made this transition problematic. We are working through them.

Reason for choosing Kudos

I was not apart of that process

Oluseye

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Kudos - Culture Changer

Poor Appreciation Culture & declining employee engagement has been an identifed major problem which are impacting the how employee treats customers (internal & External). Kudos is a postive culture changer. When Kudos was introduced, Managers & Colleagues got appreciated for achievements or a job well done, this increase the sense of being part of team and all your contributions are acknowledged towards the success of the team and the organisations

PROS

Kudos has contributed to the appreciation culture positively which indirectly drive employee's level of engagement, can-do attitude and the sense of being applauded when they have done a good job (& less of blaming games)

CONS

Limited number of Kudos points allocated, some well done job deserves to appreciated immediately and not till later date. Kudos can offer points on credits.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Foster a culture of gratitude in your organization

See Pros comment.

PROS

Kudos allows everyone on our team, no matter their role, to acknowledge, thank and honor the special people we work with in a public forum. Kudos are an easy way to do just a little bit extra for someone who you think when above and beyond on a project or task. Making it easy to reward our coworkers and team members has made it really easy to drive a culture of gratitude, and allows people to honor the slightly smaller but still very important quality efforts, those things that may not be Employee of the Month worthy, but are definitely worth recognizing. I love the degrees and gradations of rewards-- being able to give just a little Thanks-for-the-Hand, or a Seriously-You-Saved-The-Day kinds of praise. Kudos have definitely helped us promote a more positive culture in our organization.

CONS

I wish I got more points per month! 50 just isn't enough sometimes. I also wish the system was integrated in our Slack feed more readily or that the board where kudos are posted were more obvious. I like seeing who is being appreciated and standing out in the company, but I miss it because I just use the website version (and I am not signed in all the time).

Fatima

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Exceptional Kudo's need to be given to the Kudo's team for this software!

I love the ability to recognise people immediately, to be recognised myself and to redeem rewards that apply to me, as and when I need them.

PROS

Ever since I started using Kudos, I have been recommending it to everyone I know in HR at other companies, for very simple reasons- it makes recognition instant and easy, the value attached to the recognition in terms of rewards offered is employee centric, and it can be used on-the-go if you download the app. I am thoroughly impressed by the overall product and love that I can view not only my recognition, and the recognition I give others, but also the recognition received by others! It's an important tool in identifying those gems within the organization who go above and beyond, and it helps in understanding what the strengths of our people are- if we recognise people by including a category of recognition. We are also allowed to vet the kudo's given by someone to someone else. I love that I can still give recognition to others even if I have not been part of the reason for the recognition, but if I know that the receiver is a person who regularly behaves in the manner being recognised for!

CONS

In terms of the app- I think it can be made to be a bit more intuitive. I don't have a lot of criticism here as I truly do love the kudo's software- I just think the app could be spruced up a bit.

501-1,000 employees