Lessonly

Lessonly Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Customer service is quick to respond and VERY helpful as well which is lovely."
  • icon"Lessonly made it super easy. You could just go in and answer directly on your computer and you could see your responses after you submit for when you review the answers with the group."
  • icon"It's super easy to use as an admin or a user - love the capabilities to mix up text, video and gifs."
  • icon"Integration was a bit hard to do with Salesforce."
  • icon"There is nothing that has really proven to be a problem."
  • icon"Not enough customization and assigning and organizing lessons can be a little confusing."

Browse all Lessonly Reviews

• Have you used Lessonly and would like to share your experience with others?

Danee'

Easy to Use Product, Amazing Customer Service, Huge Impact

As stated above, their customer support team is amazing! From the time you meet with your Enterprise Account Manager/Services Delivery Manager to finally launching Lessonly within the company, its painless and welcoming. There are so many options to build content, make it your own brand, and teach the learners. Lessonly helps with all of this to create a very smooth transition. You are also invited to join their community with likeminded people and have the ability to have discussions with others about their wins, while joining events where you can learn best practices on how to use the product.

Pros

Lessonly is simple and super easy to use on both the Learner and Admin side. A feature that is most impactful is Trigger feature. We use this to assign training content and it is a huge win for us! We have a large number of people starting weekly and it was getting difficult to assign content individually, with this particular tool in Lessonly, it made it so easy to create a group and set the trigger to auto send content on certain days the employees would need it. We also use this for our Knowledgebase system and it’s really nice to link those articles within training and not have it pop a new system for the employee to look at, as it’s all intertwined. A few other impactful features are the easy to use search bar to find the content needed and the “feature this lesson”. We like the use “feature this lesson” during our daily morning meetings to show our employees any important items, product releases, promotions are coming, etc. It sits right on the Learner’s page and allows them to view the Lesson without them having to search or it being assigned. I like the simplicity of the platform, it is so intuitive to use that there isn’t much time training anyone at the company to create content, which saves everyone time. Their customer support has welcomed us with open arms and made us feel like family. They are on top of answering our questions with such delight, you can really feel they care.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about Lessonly. If I had to pick anything it would be the ability to not copy/duplicate Paths or a Lesson section. There are times when we create a specific path, but then need to create variants of it based on roles. Ex: Trainer versions of the same path. Same thing with a Lesson section, there are times a whole section is needed in another Lesson and the alternative is to copy paste or add the element to the element library (this can be nice as you can link the element, meaning if you change one Lessons element, it will change the others so you don’t have to go find the other Lesson to update).

Reasons for switching to Lessonly

We were using another platform for our Knowledgebase system. It was hard to edit/update, and the process for feedback was very difficult on the learner and admin side. The search functionality was also specific, so you had to ensure you were spelling the title correctly or no results would populate. For the training part, we were using PowerPoint. Lessonly made it easy for us to have the same training company wide, while being able to edit during training with no hiccups.

Olivia

Excellent for the inexperienced & seamless onboarding

We streamlined training and knowledge database within Lessonly. We also utilize Lessonly to send out newsletters which cut back our email and slack clutter. We also utilize Lessonly to track mandatory continuing education for our licensed professionals and mandatory HR updates, everything is traceable within Lessonly Insights.

Pros

We use this mostly for Knowledge Management System but we also use Lessonly to onboard new employees. The interface is engaging and extremely user friendly. Support is extremely fast and responsive. Superb customer service.

Cons

The quizzes and practice on demand are a bit clunky. There are no options to roll out the same quizzes to the same user, only limited to scoring system where they can re-take if failed. Practice on demand is only in a narrative scenario so it's only useful for written scenario which is not useful for us. Integration was a bit hard to do with Salesforce.

Reasons for choosing Lessonly

Great demo and presentation. Extremely user friendly. Extremely easy to navigate and set up for administrator role. Price and templates.

Simple, basic LMS.

It was a simple, easy way for us to scale learning for our quickly growing organization. That being said, it feels like we grew faster than Lessonly was able to keep up with, so now we're looking for a more robust LMS that will provide more flexibility as we become more sophisticated in how we're approaching education as a company.

Pros

The interface is clean, and lessons are relatively easy to create. Because it has such a minimalist design, there were very little extra work needed to make it look nice and enticing for our team to use.

Cons

They've only just now begun to add support for SCORM, relying solely on their built in editor for awhile. The customer support team is responsive, but very few changes or updates seem to be made from user feedback. It also felt as though substantial updates to the app were few and far between. This was disappointing, to say the least.

Greg

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

July 2022

The Bees Knees of LMS

I have had a wonderful experience with Lessonly, both from their client interactions to the software itself!

Pros

I love how the software is so easy to use. You can easily get other employees within your organization to use the tool to author content or to manage and administer content. It's also incredibly easy to create custom reports through the Insights tab. This makes my life much easier as an L&D manager and to help show the progress we've made.

Cons

There is very little to nothing that I dislike about Lessonly. I'd say the only thing I might dislike at this time could be the ability to easily import or export the lessons. Although you can export a Lessonly as a PDF file...it can get a little messy with content that has a lot of different types of multimedia.

Reasons for choosing Lessonly

Lessonly had everything those other companies had and more.

Megan

Lessonly is one of the best vendors to work with and the software is easy to use!

It's been great. The company as a whole is wonderful and provides great service.

Pros

I love how easy it is to build trainings in Lessonly. You do not have to be a traditional learning and development person to create lessons in Lessonly.

Cons

I do really wish you could pull up old drafts. Currently, once you click publish, you're unable to go back to an old draft if someone doesn't get updated or launched as planned.

Reasons for choosing Lessonly

We do not always have the ability to play videos, but we can read and you can use that easier as a knowledge source than trying to go through a video.

The Goldilocks of LMS Software

Before committing to Lessonly, I looked into quite a few LMS solutions. I found this to be the perfect middle ground in terms of price and features. It's really suited for a smallish (under 50 employees company), though I believe they have other plans for larger businesses or teams. Beyond just features, I couldn't be happier with their support. I never found their sales team be pushy which is always a wonderful bonus. They also have quite a few meetup events with company reps which I'm a big fan of.

Pros

-From the pitch to implementation, their support was fantastic. They really helped to make sure this would suit our needs and after signing the contract, they followed up to set up a few meetings to make sure we fully understood how to use it to its full capacity. -It's extremely straightforward and easy to use for both administrators and learners. It was so simple I felt like I was missing something, but they assured me that wasn't the case :) -It offers a lot of information and lessons on how to actually train and improve your training process at no additional cost. This has proven to be a really invaluable resource and has improved our training program and saved time in developing it. -I love that it integrates with Zendesk.

Cons

-I wish it allowed for some more customization or formatting variation. -Though you can easily embed videos, you can't host them through Lessonly. We knew this going in so it obviously wasn't a dealbreaker, but it would be nice. -As an administrator, I really wish it was possible to create a grading key. I find I create a lot more multiple choice quizzes because it's just too hard to grade written answers.

Reasons for choosing Lessonly

-Price -Features -Their support -Their flawless pitch and demo -Integration with Zendesk and MaestroQA

Sos

April 2022

LMS For Your Company

Pros

Lessonly has a lot of features and offers better options for companies to train their employees (believe me we've checked competitors as well). It's more like Coursera and edX but for a single company. Support team always answers in 24 hours, most of the time in a few hours.

Cons

Sometimes the connection to their server is slow but it doesn't happen often so it's not intolerable. Also, small bugs but they fix it on time if reported.

Trav

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great platform and great people!

I love Lessonly. I'd like to see improvements to the gradebook and have pre-made content available, but neither of these things are dealbreakers. The LlamaNation community is a huge "pro" and one of the biggest differentiators between Lessonly and other LMS platforms. I am proud to be a llama! I highly recommend Lessonly to anyone looking for an intuitive LMS for creating custom content.

Pros

Lessonly's platform is super easy to use to create custom, engaging L&D content. And if you ever get stuck, they have fantastic employees ready to help and a customer community for additional support.

Cons

The ONLY downside to Lessonly is that everything must be created. There is no (to my knowledge) out of the box content. Lessonly should hire us to create that for them!

Lessonly is a Lifesaver

I am a sales manager and I use Lessonly almost every day. I build lessons to review sales best practices and to test their knowledge. I also use the video recording feature for the reps to record their elevator pitches or any role playing scenarios.

Pros

-Ability to make lessons to review best practices -Video recording for sales pitches -Quizzes and test over sales training -Continued training

Cons

Needs to fix a couple of bugs with copy and paste feature, but other than that it is great!

Amazing product for employees!

Training new hires and tenured employees. Testing employee company/product knowledge.

Pros

I use this product for all my new hires and sometimes tenured employees for additional training. The ability to built lessons within different paths is perfect for staying organized and making many different trainings to use continuously. I love that I am able to track my employee's progress within each path too, as well as the ability to test them on their knowledge.

Cons

The technical aspects of moving lessons from path to path is a bit long and could be made easier, maybe a couple of shortcuts could be made to make it a quicker process.

Christina

July 2022

User Friendly & Efficient

Pros

I like how easy Lessonly makes it to create content and assign it out to large groups of people with the click of a button

Cons

I would love to see more capabilities in terms of question types and the ability to create folders in the image library

Lessonly a leader to enhance knowledge base

Pros

Learning data base is quite useful as it offers vivid options with check your knowledge questions so that you can cross validate the knowledge

Cons

Some tech. Glitch I'm facing these days but it's not a big deal

Easy to use, perfect learning tool for nimble companies!

The Lessonly team is beyond good. They are helpful, responsive, kind, and you can tell that they obviously have a fun time doing it all! I have found them to be very receptive to product recommendations, etc.

Pros

Lessonly is VERY easy for users. They rarely have to ask for help in accessing and completing their assignments. It is customizable and has great design that makes it feel like a forward thinking learning platform.

Cons

I would love more pre-loaded trainings. For a small team, it is hard to keep up with content creation.

Caleb

Lessonly review

with Lessonly, I can easily train my business team and collaborate with them on useful contents.

Pros

It is very easy to create teachable contents using Lessonly. Lessonly provides me and my team with a powerful learning system coupled with advanced coaching functionalities.

Cons

The dashboard needs to be jazzed up a little bit with more customization features for contents.

Trevor

December 2021

Lessonly - An Amazing Learning Plan

Lessonly is far and away one of the best e-learning services I’ve used. It’s made me realize just how much I’ve been missing from previous companies not utilizing it.

Pros

Lessonly is a wonderful tool for company-wide trainings and onboarding for new employees. Managers can provide feedback and grading for more complex topics, or can be automatically graded with user defined rubrics.

Cons

The UI is a bit older than what I’ve seen from other software, but Lessonly makes up for it with how easy it is to use and with a ton of resources to help with the materials.

romay zuleima

Excellent tool of training

Organization of classes for training teachers

Pros

For the course of educational training, the tool is very usefulness and allows to share videos and projections of images dynamically

Cons

The cost is a little bit high and the explanation for the functioning results something complicated

Ruben

Lessonly is the most intuitive LMS out there!

Due to the growth of our company, we needed a Learning Management System (LMS) that would help onboarding all the new hires. Before we used a powerpoint presentation, but that wasn't maintainable nor scalable since we have multiple offices around the world. That's why we started looking for a web-based LMS that was very easy to work with, both for the administrator creating content as for the users doing the online courses and quizzes. And if possible with a very simple yet slick design. After some research we found Lessonly and it checked all the boxes. And now we are not using Lessonly just for onboarding new hires, we are also using it to train existing employees. Each department within Bynder has a specific team member that creates lessons and quizzes. Since it is soo simple to create / edit content, my life as an administrator maintaining it is also very easy. Every day I receive an email with all the lessons that have been completed by our colleagues. But I also receive notifications if some colleagues have missed their deadline. Last thing I would like to point out is the great service we get from our Client Experience Manager. Whenever I send an email, I always get a reply within a few hours. When I ask a question, I always get an answer. Or sometimes even better, an instant solution! When I request a conference call, my client Experience Manager is always available to catch up, discuss the feedback I have received from our new hires (who are very enthusiastic about our online Training Centre) and talk about new road map features. Several times I came up with suggestions that later I could explain in detail to their VP of Product - everything to make their product better and therefore my experience. That is the kind of company we like to do business with!

Pros

- Easy to create content for administrators / creators - Very intuitive to work with for new hires - Web-based so changes in lessons made are updated automatically - Overview of all users who did (not) complete their lessons - Automatic email reminders for uncompleted lessons - Great service from Client Experience Manager

Cons

The dashboards with information and statistics about who is assigned to which lesson and which user has still lessons open are available, yet they could be more advanced based on our personal preferences. I have been informed this is on the roadmap so I am really looking forward to that.

Maija