• Pros

• "What I like the most about Monster is it is very user friendly, the filters are simple and very easy to use. You can easily source for candidates needed on the requisition that you're working for."

• "What I like most about this software is that it has many functions. Easy to navigate. Job search made simple."

• "Monster is an easy to use application that offers an array of resumes for various industries. It is really helpful most especially if you're recruiting for a high paying position. "

• Cons

• "Setting up the initial account for the business was very extensive (not saying that's a bad thing) but it took almost 2 hours to get registered before we could even post any openings!"

• "There are no cons found in my observation but it should be better."

• "I just wish there was a requirement for more portfolio work submissions from prospective hires."

Browse Monster TMS Reviews

Michael from Momenta Services

Great tool to manage employees

I set objectives for each of my team and it is a bit cumbersome to do it and track it. Monster TMS allowed me to easily perform this task

Pros

Allows me to enter information on employees and contractors and monitor their progress and achievements

Cons

It is a bit expensive but I do think it is worth the money

Easy Access to the Candidates

Overall, Monster is a great tool especially for recruiters who needs a lot of candidates to source. Monster has a lot of pool of candidates that you can easily contact and get hired.

Pros

Cons

What I don't like about Monster is whenever I wanted to open up the candidate's profile to review it you can't view it on the new tab which makes it easier to review multiple candidates without having to wait for the page to load again after you viewed one candidate.

Iqra from Jubilee Life Insurance Pvt Ltd

Monster TMS - Best Recruiting Tool

My Overall experience was great with the monster.

Pros

Being a User I found Monster efficient and user-friendly, it facilitates people to search and find jobs. It has great multiple features and also a huge variety of jobs in it.

Cons

There are no cons found in my observation but it should be better.

A hard tool to use

Pros

1. Monster was the leading platform in sourcing. It established areas from commercial, industrial, engineering and other professions you can think of. 2. Functions are quite simple, enter tha title wish that something shows up with your sourcing

Cons

Though they are one of the leading platform in sourcing professionals, I can not say they are the most reliable tool to use. 1. The platform is so simple that it can not give you accurate resulta of what you are looking from 2. They deviate from using booleian strings giving you strict results in terms of what you are looking for 3. Alerts are far different from what you have sourced, and location goes back on its default giving you result of upp to 200-300 miles away 4. Can't say it can return what you have invested. They have one if the expensive platform that may go down the if you don't know how to use the software.

Brandee from MCPLD

Industry: Libraries

A Monster at that

With a huge influx of candidates for one area Monster helps dwindle it down, and when there are few applicants, it pulls suggested candidates to contact. It absolutely is a useful tool, but it needs some tweaks to get to unbiased, diversity hiring.

Pros

This software is good for large companies that need to weed through applications as it has features to screen out those that don't meet qualifications.

Cons

Good candidates were screened out sometimes for specific reasons unknown. Leave the algorithms alone or fix them!

Tiffany from IMCS Group

Just okay

It was a good tool for high volume recruiting, but not very useful when you need a higher caliber more seasoned candidate. Massive candidate quantity, average or maybe a little below in candidate quality (most of the time).

Pros

It is fairly easy to use for both job postings and sourcing. They have a very large candidate pool, so Monster same in handy when working on high volume entry level roles like customer service or collections agents.

Cons

If your working on higher caliber professional services positions you won't find many candidates on Monster. They also don't do a great job 9d matching opportunities to candidates as they are applying, so as a recruiter you have to filter through lots of applicants with irrelevant experience to find one or two who might have the required skills.

Darrell from GigRoster™ Professional Entertainment

Seems Like It Does Not Get Results Like It Used To

Didn't really get any good candidates the last time we needed it.

Pros

It is simple to use and easy to set up for hiring and adding a job search for candidates.

Cons

It used to be the standard to get lots of choices in candidates, but it seems like it has been reduced to "also ran" status. Nothing wrong with it by why am I using it if there are other products that will yield much greater results.

Ailene from W3R Consulting

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Not a user friendly job board!

Pros

What I like about Monster is that this job board gives you a score of how match each candidates that showed up whenever you do a search. Most of the time, profile thay will appear match your search. You can do advance search here, they've got lot of filters. Plus there are recommendations of resumes whenever you do a posting.

Cons

You cannot open each candidate on another tab. You cannot do multi tasking unlike other job boards in the market. Once you open one profile, you need to close it for you to open another profile. Definitely not the best job board for IT Requisitions. Not that user friendly!

Jason from Media Production

New way to Hire for certain Jobs

It is easy just add-on to your already existing MOnster account. Or start from scratch and you will be able to connect with future employees within minutes.

Pros

It is integrated within the Monster platform, which I already use. I can look up and make contact with prospective hires and see their profiles and skills, plus some of their featured work. This just makes things easier when deciding on who will be able to complete the objective in a timely and cost-effective way. I hate over-paying when you don't know the freelancer already.

Robert from Gempool

Monster

Overall I have always liked Monster. We are at a point now I think that other products in the market are doing a better job. I know it was acquired a few years ago and since then I felt it has not been as strong a product as it was in the past.

Pros

Monster is great for those more junior roles, sales roles are also good. We found it solid for Junior and Technician level people. Anything above that, or more niche you would have to look elsewhere understandably.

Cons

They recently closed there Dublin office, so we have noted the level of support drop. We also noted the level of investment drop in Ireland. This is shown in our application numbers as they are down job for job since last year.

Monster Review

A real value for money. A must by tool by every staffing and recruitment company.

Pros

Monster has been the only job board that i have been using so far in my career history. The best of their feature is Boolean search, as it accepts all of the boolean commands including "" , AND, OR, () AND NOT, which gives you the finest search than any other available job boards on the market, cheaper rates and unlimited resume views is also an unique feature of this product as many job boards comes with limited resume clicks or views. Monster job postings is also an great feature by the team and it has always helped me to cater niche requirements and has helped me generating higher revenues for me and my organization. Easy access, best interface, clear tabs and check boxes, radius search is one of the super feature of this product which lets you find the talent within the expected region or location. We often get updates and up gradation calls and notifications regarding the product by the monster team and they are very keen to get us trained by their expertise with the video demonstration and question and answers session.

Cons

Sometimes if we click on the profile which is not available on the portal, it takes you out of the search window rater than stopping you then and there by notifying regarding the profile unavailability.

Christopher from Nesco Resource LLC

MONSTER TMS IS SUPERB!!!

I am in the staffing industry, and this software is one of my top go to usage. We generally use this every day on the recruitment side of things, and we have had very much success with its job searching and job board functionality.

Pros

There is an ease and flow in using this system that I have not received in any other software design. Once we were trained, as a company to use it, it was very seamless in it's functionality. I really like the use of boolean searching and its design and functionality thru this software.

Cons

I can't really argue with anything, but if I had to be picky, the customer service and sometimes technical issues or blips in the system can be better. There sometimes can be a glitch or 2 that needs work on for it to be overall amazing.

Marina from Publicis Sapient

Great search tool

Love Monster since its inception in early 2000, had made a career of finding the right talent on Monster.

Pros

Monster is a fantastic search website and a pioneer in the job-searching and recruiting services. It has a very easy to use interface, it's very user friendly and delivers great results. A very solid algorithm on parsing and search.

Cons

Well. I wish there were more candidates who would post their resumes on Monster. I feel like these days everyone is on Linkedin and they are using the feature of "open to opportunities" as opposed to posting their resumes on a search website.

Good resource for recruiting need

My experience with Monster has been a positive one. I am no longer in a role that requires its use, but I have no complaints and do recommend.

Pros

I find the best part of Monster to be the quick and easy access to so many resumes. While the candidates may not have always been a direct fit, more often than not, I am able to get some guidance from the people I talk to.

Cons

I would appreciate increased filtering that would allow me to further narrow down my search results. Over the years, I have seen the indexer to improve. That has been a major plus.

Shamroz from Ztek Consulting Inc

Monster TMS

Great job board. I really prefer people in recruiting field to use. Thank you Monster.

Pros

The best Job portal i have ever used and job the portal i have decided to use in my future till i work in recruiting industry. Monster has give us multiple methods to search best candidates with using AND, OR,"", etc. I have just started my recruiting career its been only 6-7 months and placed two candidates both the consultants i found was from monster. The best feature i liked in monster is power search.

Cons

sometimes there is a problem i don't understand and its not even logical. whenever a resume is not available on monster and i try to view it my account gets logged out. Please solve this problem. If the monster is open for a long time without any activity on it it gets logged out.

A great product to synthesize all aspects of the hiring and onboarding process

Pros

This program is able to reduce the amount of errors with HR leaving out aspects of the onboarding system as well as vastly reducing the time it takes to gather information and adequately pass on the company basics and information required to start a job. In addition, it can collect and gather information the new hire performs in real time by signing off on skills/tasks through the system and maintaining an hourly count of how much time the new hire has spent.

Cons

For new hires with limited computer skills, this onboarding process can be a little challenging for initiating start-up if begun at home but with a telephone support from HR, it typically takes little time to bring them up to speed.

Searching for jobs is just a click away!

I am recruting for a conbination of commercial, industrial, and a little bit of engineering jobs. I get a lot of results for most of the jobs I am trying to fill whenever I manually search though I do not get the same results when I post the job. So far, so good and the customer service rocks!

Pros

I mainly use Monster to post jobs and search for candidates. So far, what I liked the most is the specialized searches, where I can just search for job titles, certain keywords, filter by industry, location, etc.

Cons

Low traction of candidates applying and sometimes, Monster suggests candidates that are on the total opposite end of a spectrum.

Seema from Yasmesoft

Monster is a effective and excellent tool that helps with all-in-one feature for robust recruitment

Pros

MONSTER is a efficient recruitment tool that allow recruiters to search for and identify potential candidates with the ideal skill set for a specific job and get unique candidates with high tech skills. It also help build the pipeline for the current or upcoming client requirement. One word - AWESOME!!!!

Cons

Web version should be made little more lighter so it gains more weight in terms of scalability and speed.

Devita from Aptask

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Good database of all the type of roles

This software helps me with most of my IT and Non-It clients. And it helps me with the specific type of candidates that you are looking for. I highly recommend using Monster.

Pros

Very useful for entry level roles. Can use job posting to find the right type of profile. It also allows to find candidates according to the company/industry.

Cons

Could use more on the functionality part of sorting out resumes according to the years of experience.

Vince from IPI

Monster TMS

The product worked well, but we switched to a different company because it was just way too costly unless you are a power user and we felt that we could figure out a lower cost way to achieve our goals.

Pros

This is a viable software for businesses of all sizes and of different types. We used this service for technology and IT services. Some of the positives is that this software offers a variety of sourcing and screening capabilities. Such as candidate database, candidate matching, career page widget, custom application forms, custom branded website support, posting to external job sites, self-service career page, and social recruiting tools,, which is a plus. It also offers social media integration and job board integration, which was useful for us.

Cons

This web based applicant tracking and recruitment management solution offered services such as sourcing, screening, interviewing, and work-flow management, as well as custom reports. But it is very pricey per user. For us it cost you high. Unless you are a power user this is not worth the cost, at least it wasn't for us.

Moster for Recruiters

overall Monster is good, it helps me get qualified candidates however it strain me from viewing resume because of the limited views per month

Pros

- user friendly - easy to navigate - you can costumize your search by filtering your search such as location, years of experience, must have skills, etc. - you can be notified through email for new or updated resume

Cons

-the product is so expensive so your number of views on resume is limited - when downloading the resume that has pdf and word file, the word file that you downloaded is in picture form so I can't copy some details

Max from A2C I.T. Consulting

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great for finding and onboarding Candidates

Pros

I find that Monster is easy to use and for searching for Candidates it brings the highest quality of Candidates across various domains. Their search capabilities are very powerful.

Cons

I wish when searching for a Candidate it did a better job of vetting the information the Candidate provided, for example their current location and salary requirements.

Everyone Uses Monster. I think?

Pros

Cons

There are times that I end up finding old resumes indicating that they were just recently updated.

Sujata from Artech Information Systems

Job portal review

I use Monster daily for resume search. It's a fantastic job portal to use.

Pros

This job portal is good and easy to use.Putting boolean string is also easy in this job portal.This is a job portal where we can find all kind of functional and healthcare professional

Cons

The advance search of monster should be upgraded a bit.

Jared from Open Systems Technologies

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Effective tool if used properly

Pros

Monster is a very popular tool and for good reason, he has powerful search capabilities and gives you access to a large pool of Candidates.

Cons

For myself who does recruiting within the IT industry, I wish I could filter by visa better because it would save me a lot of time.

Randy from 3sHealth

Great recruiting software

Overall experience with Monster TMS is great. I would recommend it.

Pros

This software helps people to find positions. Some employers find me from this software, great software.

Cons

This software does not give employees opportunities to select employers, I wish this features can be added.

Joshua from Robert half

Monster review

The software is helpful as a recruiter but could expand its marketing

Pros

It is easy to find candidate information and most recently updated candidates by area and search date.

Cons

Monster attracts the least amount of new applicants for finance and accounting jobs. This is compared to indeed and careerbuilder.

Not The Same

Pros

Ability to find resumes and post jobs are very easy to use. Being able to write specifics and how fast results turn up is great!

Cons

I think there is a decline of users and don't get a lot of results from using this software compared to its competitors.

Great resource for entry and midlevel professional resumes

Pros

Decent ability to customize search and ability to receive applicable candidates, job postings result in many types of candidates, ease of use and great customer support.

Cons

High cost compared to other vendors, especially when you have a large staff, postings receive many types of candidates

Johnson from Ztek consulting

Monster TMS

Pros

monster is a good portal and easy to search candidates by Boolean search and we can select the candidate visa category and select what kind of experience needed

Cons

easy to use but some of the profiles getting error and it difficult to login again

Aaditya from Ztek Consulting Inc.

Monster Review

Good job Board for entry level recruiters

Pros

Monster is the best job board which helps to search candidates using the boolean search characters like "", (), AND, OR, NOT and it is the best job board in market when it comes to using boolean search the power search option is also very good

Cons

when a profile is not available on monster and we click on it the user is thrown out in the login window it should stop there only bot it throws out and filtering should be increased because there are multiple profiles with same name and details

Akash from Ztek Consulting, Inc

Review for Monster

Pros

Classic search option is most convenient to use. Also the new feature is been added where we can filter the search as per visa category.

Cons

Unable to notify when multiple users are logged In on the same user ID.

Monster

Pros

I am hoping this is for the software of Monster where jobs are posted. If it is I love Monster for looking for jobs. The software is very easy to manipulate if you are looking for a specific job title or company. It is very up to date. When finding a position, the software allows you to access the position by sending your resume to the respective company, which I love. It also allows you to create a cover letter for the position.

Cons

At this time I have no complaints for this software.

Katie from PNC Bank

Monster

Pros

A standard well know job board/ recruiting venue. We typically use Monster for passive candidate search as the "search" feature is top notch! My limited interactions with the CSR team was good. I would recommend for Head Hunters!

Cons

Monster has fallen behind. It isn't a bad platform but we find higher candidate engagement on other sites and limited resume views for the high price is frustrating . Many times candidates we end up contacting forgot they put their resume on monster and are no longer interested in new openings.

Dyllan from Namm CA

Finding candidates to fill positions made easy!

Pros

Compared to other workforce search engines, we chose Monster to hire a temp for our department. Uploaded our position details was quick and easy and didn't make it difficult to post! We also loved that we are able to communicate with candidates through Monster instead of using our person emails!

Middle Ground Sourcing Site for IT Consultants

I enjoy Monster and use it daily. I do not post jobs to this site, I only search candidates.

Pros

I love the smart search option that allows you to paste a job posting in and then find candidates based on the keywords. This completely eliminates the need for a bullion search.

Cons

Monster is not any type of career or industry specific. This means that when a job is posted, you may get a wide mix of candidates. This doesn't affect search results though.

Monster TMS

Pros

- Every recruiting company should start using Monster TMS ASAP to make their life easy. - Recruiters can expand their options and area to ultimate talent from an unexpected source. - They have four different modules so that hiring company will have all the information regarding process. - It's very flexible to use and the company can focus more on internal process with the help of this software because it minimized so much work load of recruiters. - It works on both mobile as well as web. - They also offer a free trial of the software. - They will notify to via email and massage for every new update.

Cons

- It is not affordable for small companies. - If the user doesn’t know how to utilize all the features of TMS perfectly. Then it will increase more work for a staffing company.

Monster is from the past, but good "lower level" roles

Monster is a thing of the past!

Pros

The only time my company has ever considered Monster is for roofing, customer service etc jobs which are not common for us. It would definitely not be something we pay for otherwise as it does not compare to what Indeed or LinkedIn can offer. Might be great for temporary workers, but that's not the industry I recruit for! I think out of anything Monster offers, TalentBin has been the most relevant - we do use that for sourcing, but Monster wouldn't be my first place to go for posting a role!

Cons

It's really not the place candidates go for professional roles anymore. I can't see me paying for Monster when there are better platforms out there. Monster was the place you'd go for jobs absolutely in the early 2000s, but there have been other game changers since.

Anthony from Arbys

Good job

Pros

This website has helped me find jobs before

Cons

Do some minor updates to the website and it will be good

I've found my last two jobs on Monster (within 6 years)

Overall I like the Monster platform a lot and will continue to use it when I am seeking a job.

Pros

-Monster seems to do a better job than most sites of filtering out recruiters that post generic ads without having actual positions available -The advertisements (seriously, the ads make this platform pretty well known to employers and job seekers) -The interface is pretty easy to navigate -Mobile app is better than most recruiting platforms

Cons

-Similar to Indeed, a lot of employers simply link you to their internal recruiting platform which can be tedious to re-enter all of your information into again, rather than one-click apply like Zip offers -I believe Monster may sell your profile/data to recruiters so that they can more readily access you even when you're not seeking a job

Julian from IBM

Recruiter IBM

Pros

It was simple to add candidates to our business job positing from to our job postings

Cons

I didn't like the that our software didn't talk with Monster to be able to just have applicants apply to actual job posting

Alexis from Kforce

IT recruiting

Pros

I like that I can cater my search string to find specific individuals with niche skillets within a specific area or distance. You have many options to search, including how recent they updated their resume.

Cons

I find it difficult looking for out of area candidates that want to come to Florida. Also, It is difficult to search by city. Instead, you have to search by zip code which makes it more complicated and not easy to do.

Scott from i-TEK Solutions, LLC

Monster Talent Management Suite (TMS) review

Monster TMS is a necessity for recruiters. I utilize it every day to search for candidates, post jobs, and review resumes. Monster has really gotten their brand out there and thus still remains relevant in the face of much competition. The site is easy to use and provides most of the functionality one could ask for. I provide 3 stars in Value for Money only because I feel Monster is very expensive and there are many lower cost options on the market. I also give 3 stars for features and functionality because I would like to see a few improvements. The job posting interface is very confusing and could really be simplified. I would like to also see some improvements in the "refresh" function. Monster logs you out of the site if you are inactive for too long but does provide a warning first asking if you would like to "refresh." This function does not always work and often I accept the refresh function only to notice after I fill in additional fields for either a search or a job posting, that I have been logged out and my changes were not accepted. Overall, the TMS is a great product and with a few improvements, could be the perfect tool for recruiters!

Chrystal from Self-employed

Used many times, easy, find what you need.

I and family members have used this sight to make easy resumes. Found many jobs with hr services.

Pros

I recommend this sight to everyone. Easy to use. Helps with finding jobs within your profile. Easy resumes files, found many jobs on this sight. You can reach customer service when u need , emails from hr services when they come threw. Saves your info for many years.

Cons

There nothing I would change. I always use this sight.

David from Consulting

Industry: Security and Investigations

Gets your name out there

I have always used them as one of many tools in my job searches. They are user friendly and open a lot of doors.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to connect with many companies in minutes and a great way to post your abilities.

Cons

I didn't get as many recommendations and responses as I did with others, though I do get a lot of people messaging me.

Tyler from CEEN

Industry Standard, but falling behind

A good cost effective software for resume searching. Good brand recognition.

Pros

If you headhunt this is a great site for reaching out to passive candidates. Really exceeds exceptions in niche industries. Other sites scrub job postings from Monster which helps get the word out.

Cons

Overall the software is stuck in the middle. In my experience not as good for attracting candidates as indeed, not as good for networking as LinkedIn, not as good for searching resumes as Monster. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Maria from EG Workforce Solutions

Gives A fair amount of resumes

Pros

You get a great amount of resumes, the membership is affordable and very easy to search for resumes. The booleon searches are easier to utilize

Cons

The cons for me is the applicants seem to be more higher end applicants. With my particular work fields in manufacturing these applicants are just too overly qualified for my positions.

Neha from ICONMA

User friendly job board

Overall it's a good software providing simplified usability

Pros

It is an all round recruitment job board, to easily review the candidates or post for new job.

Cons

The filter can be improved for performing better search, also the steps could be reduced and simplified while posting the resume

Rebecca from Direct Floors

Rebecca's Review

Pros

What I liked most about Monster is that their are a variety of jobs on the website.

Cons

What I liked least about Monster is that it's sort of hard to go about the website.

Monster

Pros

Good diversity of jobs available; search functions can be refined to high degree of detail. I also enjoy reading the Monster blogs on job searching tips, they have been very useful.

Cons

Nothing much to distinguish from other job sites.