All QuickBooks Online Reviews

Eugene

Food Production, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Quickbooks Online Review: Easy To Use!

Kurt

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

I Love the Access I have with Quickbooks Online

As I already said, I love the direct access to my numbers and the added reporting that has allowed me to better run my company by quickly getting insights I need. It's a lot easier for customers to pay online and I'm finding more and more of the moving that direction vs. sending in checks, so it's good that we are set up in this way now.

PROS

I started using desktop Quickbooks back in 2000 right after I first started the company. As a single-person company at first, I got used to being in the books almost every day. As we grew we added an in-house Bookkeeper. A few years ago I relocated the company to a different area and we kept our Bookkeeper who stayed in the original area. I really missed having direct access to the numbers so last year I switch to Quickbooks Online and I love it. In addition to having direct access to the numbers I need, it has a lot of other functionality and reporting that I really like. It's also great for clients to easily pay the invoices online. It's making a night and day difference. Support has been great as well.

CONS

It's definitely very expensive to be paying a pretty high fee every month - especially compared to the desktop version where we bought it and were good for years to come. It's definitely worth it but I'd be more of an evangelist if the pricing was a little easier on the pocket book.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Switched from Desktop since our Bookkeeping is remote so I could get direct access to the company's financees.

Isabelle

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Much user-friendly than other programs I have used!

QBO is a game-changer for my accounting tasks.

PROS

I love the seamless use with my other accountant, the multi-user function is very useful. The payment processor is easy, well-known by customers so trustworthy. The tags, location, and other ways to categorize transactions is MEGA useful for reporting.

CONS

It is next to impossible to change something if the bank reconciliation is done, correcting a mistake at that point is not easy at all.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

on the advice of my accounting main office

Jaqlyn

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Takes a bit to get used to, missing some features, but overall, adequate

Overall, it does what we need it to do. It is relatively easy to figure out, and some of the features are decent. The Quickbooks desktop version was much better, but they really make it financially not make sense to maintain the desktop version to push you to their online subscription-based model. It is lacking a lot of basic features that the desktop version had, it's incredibly buggy, and if you do not use their automated features (which are not foolproof and do not allow you to re-verify any discrepancies), it will leave you with obnoxious incomplete tasks that you cannot "complete" because you didn't use the automated feature. Those are our main complaints. Otherwise, it does everything it needs to. It is probably the biggest software on the market, so it tends to be most-often compatible with any other software you may use in your business. There are definitely good and bad things.

PROS

We primarily use QBO, as it is the software our accounting agency uses. We previously used the desktop version until QB rolled out a new pricing increase that made it exorbitantly pricey to maintain the desktop version. There is a lot about the online version that is great; the transaction matching, the customizable dashboard, the ability to have multiple users, etc. It is relatively intuitive if you are decent with software.

CONS

Quickbooks essentially pushes you out of the desktop version to the online, subscription-based model by pricing the Desktop version at a ridiculously high rate and making you pay for an additional yearly subscription, which was a huge frustration, as QBO lacks a lot of the features that the desktop version had. QBO wants you to do an automated version of payroll; however, you literally cannot let it be automated as it does not have the capability to automatically transfer overtime hours. It also lacks the ability to make payments out of deduction accounts; ie: if you offer something like life insurance deducted from your employee's checks, it does not automatically total that under the life insurance account as it did in the desktop version, you have to do all of this manually. A lot of things that were automated and smooth in the desktop version are completely manual in QBO, which is completely counter-intuitive. It is also really buggy. It shows us "tasks" that are overdue (like taxes for instance) that have been completed, and no matter how many times we mark them as complete, they just permanently exist as tasks (something QB has not fixed). Additionally, you cannot manually mark certain tasks as complete as QB wants you to do it through their automated services. For instance, we have an accountant review and put together our w-2's at the end of the year just to verify everything was entered correctly, that there are no issues, and verify that all of the taxes are correct. Because we have that done outside of QB's automated online delivery, this will apparently forever be a task that we have not completed.

Cody

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Easy to use and cheap

Incredibly easy to use as long as you don't need the helpdesk. Let's us do everything from timekeeping, to payroll, invoicing, taxes, expenses and reporting.

PROS

Price and ease of use. Quickbooks includes all the things we need to run our small business and costs less than what others cost just for payroll.

CONS

The helpdesk is completely useless. I've spent at least 100 hours in the last year to get issues resolved that end up not getting fixed, I fix it myself, or I knew what needed fixing and it took forever to get somebody to do it.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

Product functionality, capability, and ease of use

Kelvin

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Quickbooks online at cfsk.

PROS

The software is cloud-based, allowing you to access it on multiple systems simultaneously using a single user ID. It is also compatible with mobile devices.

CONS

It is highly advantageous to me hence I have nothing to dislike about it.

Chad

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Useless Software and Support

Poor, very poor - After a week I could no longer send out invoices and their response was to download and send them manually ... 400 invoices ? The claim to be "working on the problem" but no feedback is ever recived

PROS

On sight it seemed quite easy to set up and use

CONS

After a week it stopped working and the support is non existent with txt book responses

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

Pricing and functionality, but that said, the functionality I required, now does not work

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

I was told to by my accountant for Tax purposes

Jacques

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Ideal Accounting Solution For Startups

When starting, Quickbooks provided the fastest, most cost effective and easiest accounting solution.

PROS

Quickbooks Online is fast to set up and easy to use. Most accountants are familiar or prefer Quickbooks.

CONS

Quickbooks rely on 3rd party solutions to expand their solution, which adds additional costs and split the support between various parties.

Alicia

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

The best option for small business owners

PROS

I have used Quickbooks online for 15+ years in various industries and it never ceases to amaze me how easy this software is to use. I’m not a CPA or a professional bookkeeper but Quickbooks online makes it so simple for me to find exactly what I need and to keep my finances organized so I know how I’m spending money.

CONS

They change things frequently but I know that it is so that they can ensure that their software is actually user friendly. So, while I might have to get out of my comfort zone for a little while, it is overall typically a change that is worth the effort.

Milton

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

QuickBooks Online Insight

PROS

I use QuickBooks Online on a daily basis and I like how it enables me to create, customize and send invoices and matching them eradicate discrepancies.

CONS

All has been well with me when using QuickBooks Online.

Reviewed May 2024

QuickBooks Online is a must have

I've been using it for several years for my real estate and vacation rental management businesses, and it's been a great experience so far.

PROS

The interface is very easy to use. I mostly use it to track expenses and create invoices. I use TurboTax, and the integration is seamless.

CONS

It is very easy to accidentally duplicate accounts if you are subscribing with a special offer from TurboTax.

Gloria

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Perfect for small business

Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

PROS

I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

CONS

The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

It was a great all in one product at a price that fit my budget

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

My accountant suggested I use Quickbooks because they have capability to file state and federal forms.

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436 Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied November 2019

Peter

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Using QBO

The benefit we have is that we can work with our clients on their accounts without having to go to their office or for them to drop a laptop into us. This means we can keep an eye on the accounts and provide assistance as and when it is required.

PROS

The interface is easy to use and the software is quick to set up for a new business. The support and help features are very good - this is something that many suppliers fall down on badly. QBO has features for businesses of all sizes so as they grow and analysis of the accounts becomes more important the tools are there, ready and waiting. The recent update of the VAT accounting to handle VAT in Ireland is a game changer. We have been very impressed with the data conversion facility to import records from Quickbooks desktop software to QBO. Finally, being an online product means the software is always up to date, there is a proper back up of the records and 24/7 access to the accounts are all key benefits.

CONS

For a small or new business with no familiarity with accounting the initial interface can be daunting. There are a lot of terms to become familiar with.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

We believe QBO is a good option for larger and growing businesses because of the more sophisticated features it offers over, say, SURF or Big Red Cloud. The fact that Intuit is a very large company gives users comfort in terms of support and future development of the software.

Bryant

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2022

Makes my job a ton easier

I like Quickbooks. The company name does make sense... you do everything quickly lol. I haven't had a single issue other than the invoicing problem. I did spend more than enough time with their customer service which was a pain in the butt but the rep was really friendly and helped me get it sorted out. If I could recommend Quickbooks to a new or seasoned business owner, I definitely will! It looks expensive and hard to learn but honestly, it's much easier to navigate than it looks!

PROS

I was hesitant at first since I didn't want to go the everything electronic route. My wife was doing all of the tax stuff so I just gave her the okay and made the purchase. I now do everything minus invoicing through Quickbooks. Everything is streamlined for me and I realized how much time I was truly losing by doing everything through Excel and calculating by hand. My wow moment was watching my time being cut in half literally by just snapping a photo of a receipt after connecting my bank account then adding details on the purchase... that's it!

CONS

Now... the invoicing part I'm just not fond of. There was an error with a payment and Quickbooks kept kicking back a payment a client had made. I ended up just going through Paypal Business and setting up my invoices through there and attached my Paypal account to Quickbooks to make things easier on myself. If invoicing was different, I would be 100% with Quickbooks.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

It just made more sense to use Quickbooks. There's really no middle man and the cost to me is far less than it would be had I paid someone to do what Quickbooks does.

Streamlining and time

karie

Reviewed November 2022

QBO Accountant

Overall, I am happy with the product. they also have live chat now, and they can call you if you need to talk to someone. Customer service definitely is great improvement over the years. It is big for me because I refuse to work with any software company that I cannot talk to anyone (hint hint Zenefits). And most of the time they get it resolved over the chat. Recommended

PROS

Love the bank matching function, makes the bank reconciliation 10x better if you do it right. It's very easy to navigate the system, for beginners, it's the easiest system I used so far for them to pick up. Make sure if you set up, you don't use the simple cheapest version if you own a business tho, it's cheaper but the reporting is not as good as essential and above. I have implemented qbo for all my small clients that doesn't need a big system for POs

CONS

I have mixed feeling about the auto categorization, some bookkeepers gets lazy and thinks it's correct and just click add, which half of the time can be wrong especially when it comes to use project and classes. it's a great function to make our lives easier, but also makes people lazier. I made sure to train my employees to not get lazy and check every transaction

Reporting and user experience

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Xero is not as easy as QBO also all my clients are using QBO

Reviewed January 2023

Great product for in-house or outsourced bookkeeping

I use the software every day for hundreds of clients across the country. Intuit is constantly working to improve the app and they are definitely the best company partner I have had.

PROS

Fast, Secure, Easy to use software with a lot of features.

CONS

It would be great to set default views of columns / headings on the basic GL report, or Profit & Loss - example to show debit and credit columns separately by default.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

Ease of use for both client and bookkeeper

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

Technological advantage with QuickBooks' ability to integrate other cloud-based applications. No more worry about computer damages, upgrades, hard drives, etc.

Jaydra

Reviewed March 2023

It mostly does with you need with only minor annoyances

Overall, it's a great product to create and send invoices, manage the bookkeeping and accounting for the company, and run payroll. As long as we don't ask it to talk to other apps, it does a pretty good job.

PROS

The ability to access my company books from anywhere I can connect to the internet is very valuable. It's easy to invite the bookkeeper and the tax preparer to access the company books, and it's great to be able to give them access without having to create them log-ins like other staff.

CONS

Most of the integration features don't work well. QBO as an independent accounting product works very well, and the bank feed connection works fairly well. Every other integration (like Quickbooks Time) is buggy and fails occasionally causing extra work to fix duplicates and add missing entries.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online

QBO is a more accounting-fluent product than Wave. Wave groups things together in ways that are not helpful from an accounting perspective. QBO allows a greater degree of granular data, which is important.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online

We switched from Desktop to have the ability to access our books from anywhere with an internet connection.

Lisa