• Pros

• "I love the fact that it is customisable per employee (schedule, pay, timezone, etc). The screenshots are really reliable and reporting gives you an awesome insight in what your employees are doing."

• "This tool is very good because it tells me in detail the activities I do every day and the time I am implementing them and thanks to this, we can take measures to improve "

• "I like this software because it is very reliable and easy to use."

• Cons

• "Sometimes it is difficult for us to access the software a bit, the load capacity is very slow and it is difficult for us, the rest is very good"

• "during the older version, the software was very buggy but with the recent updates to version 19, everything is going well! "

• "Everything is great and sometimes it troubles using the application on the smartphone. Rest I dont see any kind of trouble with the user interface of TD"

Browse Time Doctor Reviews

Monnel from Freelance

TD is a standard in All Forms of Productivity - Must Have for Professionals Who Wants to Do More

Super affordable and easy to use.

Pros

One of the very first sets of time tracker that I used . . . and still using at the very moment I'm writing this review. It perfectly fits with my internal processes. Very intuitive to use. Other time trackers try to reinvent the wheel as if mastering productivity is not hard enough. If you're using TD, you create a project, add a task, then just start doing it. No other hullabaloo. Another advantage is the growing list of project management tool integration. Well, TD is a project maanagement tool already but if you're using other tools like Trello, you'll be happy to know that TD has you covered already. Another advantage is the fact that TD has added the Client View feature. That means you can invite your client/s to log in to a panel and view all the screenshots and work you've billed them. That's a trust booster for you and your client especially if you're getting paid by the hour.

Cons

Hmm if there's something that I want TD to improve on is their mobile app. It lags from time to time. And you shouldn't let it compete with other apps unless you have a super high power smartphone. And if you're like me who's into quantified self, tracking other aspects of like aside from work is just an absolute must. And more often than not, it has to be done off your PC. That's why they have to improve their mobile app.

Response from Time Doctor

Replied June 2018

Hi Monnel, Thank you for using the app to manage your Team. I am glad the Client feature helps you as well. We are working more on the mobile app now to be better at UI and functionality.

Real time monitoring and tracking

Superb and very effective. It has been a great tool to optimize the productivity.

Pros

It is a very powerful tool which helps in order to track and monitor the tasks of the workers. It captures the different tasks performed all the day and the kind of tabs opened by the workers. This is also used by the remote workers who are providing virtual assistance on the hourly basis and get paid as per the report generated at the end of the day. One can also track the idle time of a person and shows the amount of time spent on a specific tasks.

Muhammad Bilal from AskLytics

Doctor of Time Track

I find overall experience good. Handling and editing to time if needed. You can review your time served as per software. You get a daily summary of your work. You can use timedoctor any where you want you just need to open your mobile app.

Pros

The most likely thing is that it is available for all machines computer, mobile. You can edit time and you can review all the time served per product.

Cons

It starts to show stop dialogue when we are reading article and do not click or use keyword during reading.

Tracks what needs tracking

For what it is, it is fine. I don't like the feeling of being spied on.

Pros

The software provides insight into how much time is being logged. I guess that is a good thing. Makes it easier to know when to shut down.

Cons

When set up by a company, it tracks too much and feels invasive. I understand needed to prove working, but it makes it almost impossible to do research or reading as it tracks activity, although easy enough to trick.

It used to be a good product but they now lack on product focus and don't listen to customers.

It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately is not listening to its customers anymore

Pros

It has a nice web backend The client made in 2017 has good UX (if only we could use it) It used to have a responsive product team (not anymore)

Cons

- The old client UI (which is the only one that we can use) is not intuitive and buggy. Our team very often complains about this and they don't want to use it. - A key feature which is blurring the screenshots has been taken away from the new Windows and Mac client but the option to enforce it is still in their web backend. This gives the false expectation that the setting will be respected while it doesn't and this compromise the privacy and *security* of the people using this software as the screenshots can also collect passwords, private keys etc. Neal from support on October 3rd 2017 wrote: "Sorry for the delay but our developer has not finished setting up this feature yet on the new app. I will try to get more feedback on this and see if I could get at least an estimate of when it will be implemented." After more than seven months on 20th of April 2018 he says: "We don't have an ETA yet. All I know is that our development team are currently working on incorporating this feature as we have been pushing them to since this is something available on the old app." As you can see the answer was not truthful (using the word "finishing" for something that wasn't started). There was also no apology from their side and they didn't write an article warning about this bug which can compromise the security of their users and breach their T&Cs. It's a shame since this company used to care about their customers. I will change the review if they finally act on this.General Comment It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately while growing it seems that it lost its user focus

Response from Time Doctor

Replied May 2018

Hi We do apologize if you feel as though you are not treated the way you and your company used to be treated. While it is true that blurring of screenshot is not yet available in the new app, please do know that you can always use the older app to have this function working perfectly tailored to your needs. If you need any further assistance though, please do feel free to message us at support@timedoctor.com

Paolo Ray from MBW Furniture

Industry: Furniture

Best time tracking application with screenshots!

Pros

I love that it eats fewer computer resources and that it updates on the dashboard real time. I also like the fact that it doesn't remind you every time you are idle which makes other software annoying.

Carla from Farmacia La Buena

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reliable time tracker tool

This tool allows you to track the working time of your employees, exactly, taking sporadic screenshots. You can also check the websites or applications which he has used during the tracked time.

Pros

Time is recorded accurately. The management dashboard and application are user-friendly. Warns the user when they enter a non-work site.

Cons

You must pay for each user. In the desktop application, the tracking time begins as soon as the task name is inserted and enter is press, there is not a start button.

Samwel from Billbored Inc

Time Doctor Review

Initially I used chromium to run the chromium version of the application because I could not install the desktop application but now everything is working great.

Pros

Support is great. There is a chat popup in case you have any issues. The response is pretty fast, less than 24 hours. Easy to use, it has a nice easy to master and use interface. Installation on linux was quite a task. Most especially for linux users who were not running ubuntu. I am using debian derivative but it was quite a task doing the installation. I had a chat with one of the customer care agents and I can see the issues that were there have been resolved and the download on downloads page works fine without even additional installations.

Cons

The users are not offered with functionality to delete screenshots. Only company administrators can delete screenshots.

Yash from Embtel Web Solutions Pvt Ltd.

Time Doctor Review

- increase in productivity of the employees - Transparency is established between the employees and me

Pros

This helps to keep eye on my employees without keeping an eye. I can check their work at any place and anytime I want.

Cons

Need to start and stop it manually due to which there is a space for human error.

Abby from Prialto

Best Time Management App

Pros

I can easily make utilization reports with the help of Time Doctor!

Cons

the new upgrade - Kinda hard to navigate.

Maria Lenin from Dewayne Hill / Keller Williams Agent

Real Time Monitoring and Accurate Time Use Data for your Remote Workers

Pros

With the latest technology, more effective collaborative tools have been developed to address the difficulties and disadvantages of hiring remote workers. Virtual Assistants are in demand helping companies Worldwide produce more and better results for a low cost. Most remote workers and Virtual Assistants are paid by the hour and with Time Doctor, the management can track their employees real work status and productivity time. The features are designed to monitor the agent's screens and open tabs to ensure that the workers are doing work related tasks and opening company approved sites. Dashboard shows agent status where a Green circle beside the users name- means the person is working, if red, means the person is not working or on break At the end of the day, a report on accurate time usage can be viewed. Data gives the total of hours worked. It also shows the different tasks and how much time spent per task. You can select total hours worked per day, week, or per month. What I like about Time Doctor is that it provides agent screenshots every 9 minutes. It also shows if there is a low activity period.

Cons

Most benefits and advantages are for employers and management with the reports and actual agent status and work hours. However, the agent's Time Doctor Application / Dashboard is not easy to manage and use. Integration to company's accounting and company provided software can be complicated. For every task accomplished it should also be made available in their time doctor application. Agent should identify which task he/she is currently working on that particular hour by providing notes per hour after selecting which task category it belongs. Agents however can save permanent tasks instead of typing them saving them more time by just clicking on the saved task before he or she starts working.

Automate your time sheets to save time!

I saved a ton of time by using Time Doctor to track how I spend my day and on which projects. I also don't have to write anything down and then worry about losing it before I send a client an invoice. So it's really helped my organization as well.

Pros

Time Doctor has been a lifesaver for me. I am a one-person design company and I need to track the time I spend on many different projects all at once. My previous solution was to write down the time on sticky notes or note pads, but there was always the chance that I might misplace it or lose it. Nor could I generate my invoices from my home office if I'd left the billing hours info at my office. So this was a great all in one solution. Now I can choose the task I'm working on and don't have to worry about writing things down. If for any reason I forget what I was doing for a client and didn't make my task name specific enough, I can go back and take a quick look through the automatic screenshots. I also love that I can see how much time I spend on email and other admin tasks vs the actual design work. Love the reports that Time Doctor gives me as well.

Cons

Not much that I don't like about this software. But suggestions for improvement? One thing I would love to see is integration with my cell phone. Time Doctor already has an app, but I want it to automatically capture the time I spend on my phone with clients. For now I have to manually enter in this time and must note when the call started and when it ended. Integration into Wave apps where I generate my invoices. I'd like to be able to select a project from Time Doctor in my invoice and have it automatically populate the time I spent on it and the dates I worked on the project rather than manually finding and entering this information.

Eduardo from VonKelemen

Productivity stile

I am having a satisfactory experience, even comparing it with other software that perform the same functions. The TD has helped me to significantly improve my performance as an analyst, this has the same impact on personnel as monitoring to the point of achieving objectives that in principle seemed unattainable.

Pros

Certainly I liked the amount of options, speaking of indicators that help us manage staff and increase productivity significantly. Not only see captures, but also see the activity of their peripherals and the apps and programs they use

Cons

More than a "Cons" i would like that indicators such as low activity may be visible to individuals and not only to those who have TD group management. In turn, that this indicator can be traceable not only in the last 7 days of work but in editable periods of time, example: the last 3 days of work

Someone recommended TD and I decided to try it

Konstantyn from ChannelReply

Industry: Information Services

Great tool with minor issues.

Last year TimeDoctor has an issue which is not going to be fixed. The counter is being looped over certain time, and thus the time is being lost. The issues happens 1-2 times per month and usually it can be caught. The bug is clearly seen when you compare your web $ app usage report per day with your timesheet. The problem is that I have reported them several about this issue, sent them my cache files several times too, and they did nothing about that. They did nothing about that for more than half of the year. Now I met the issue again, they have all the data in their servers (web&app usage report), but they once again ask me for my cache files. Like it is the first time they see the issue. Also note that their TimeDoctor Lite application consumes a lot of CPU time (20-30% of Core i5 4th gen), but you can install Pro version which is free. Otherwise the tool is great, easy to use, with a lot of detailed reports.

Pros

It has all required features, and UX is very good. Everything is clear from min 1.

Cons

They have bugs which are not going to be fixed. And their support never tells you that. Asks for your Cache files, more details etc., but not fixing the issue.

Dianne Mae from Z.Creative Team

TimeDoctor is a very important tool for me as a freelancer, consultant and start-up entrepreneur.

I am able to maintain transparency with my clients at all times. TimeDoctor helps me track my hours and provide documented proof of work and give my clients a better view of how I complete my work/tasks. It also helps me in managing my time better.

Pros

TimeDoctor is straightforward and easy to use. I like that the desktop tool offers two versions: Pro and Lite, which helps you to choose the right application based on your usage and computer's resources. TimeDoctor also has a lot of integrations - particularly to different Project Management tools. This is especially helpful with managing different clients who each have a different preference on the project management tool that they are using. TimeDoctor is also very cost-efficient for me as a freelancer/consultant.

Cons

The price of additional users is a bit expensive for entrepreneurs who are just starting their own team, but overall, it is a worthwhile expense.

Great for knowing how long a project took!

I'm keeping on task with the things that have to happen every day as well as have a way to look back and see what tasks are done at certain times of year. This helps us plan our department schedule for each upcoming year so we don't forget anything.

Pros

Create your own projects and tasks. Works great for keeping a step by step task list for each project. Ability to edit time for when software updates and/or restarts are required. I love using Time Doctor Pro as my personal time keeper at work.

Cons

Not so much of a con but more of a feature request: it would be great if the software kept some sort of log of active document time. I tend to work on a few documents at a time and it would be great to know how much time is spent on each document without having to manually switch projects/tasks for each document. I almost exclusively use Adobe Creative Cloud programs and Microsoft programs using Mac computers.

Joseph from CareConnext

Time Doctor takes the worry out of hiring remote workers!

Users are generally satisfied with the ease of use, and managers are in heaven with the robust features. It has been heaven-sent for tracking our global, distributed workforce.

Pros

- Easily track hours and prove that your workers are actually working (the app tracks movement, poor time use, and also takes screenshots) - Works on Windows, Mac, and mobile - Customize the list of projects/tasks that your employees/contractors/freelancers can work on at any given time - Dashboard and reports galore - Integration with 30+ applications (at the time of writing this review): communication apps, invoicing apps, project management apps, IDE's, Google G Suite apps, etc. - Handles payroll!

Cons

- Users have complained at times that the software is buggy and failed to track their time, but this has become less and less common over time

Stephanie from Golden Eko

Best tool for tracking remote employees. We use it to track work hrs for our team in the Philippines

Pros

Accurate time tracking for tasks and projects screen shots and app usage is one of my favorite features since it gives you a detailed info on where we spend the most time on our projects fare pricing and bulk discounts :) We integrate Time Doctor with asana for seamless task tracking Love the ability to change time spend on tasks manually in case there is need for it we get a weekly email with information on how our account is being use We can also manage and track time with the IOS app

Cons

The desktop app looks a little old school on PC but is works fine. wish they had a better way to create tasks and mark tasks as completed when these are created inside time doctor, instead of having to delete them once they are done

Response from Time Doctor

Replied May 2018

Hi Stephanie, You can actually tick them complete with our most recent app which it Time Doctor version 0.19.9 You can download this new application from our download page at www.timedoctor.com/download.html It should be this here: http://prntscr.com/jll3vk

Chad from eREACH

Keeping Track with Time Doctor

Overall, very satisfied with Time Doctor. It's fairly simple to use, accurate, and fulfills my needs.

Pros

What I like most about Time Doctor is that it allows me to easily and accurately record the amount of time I'm working on a certain project or task. It allows me to show my clients how much time I was working on and how long each task took. I like that it also gives me a warning when I veer to a less-than productive site.

Cons

Don't really have any complaints. The only thing that I would like to be better handled is the dashboard where time is viewed. The issue I have is that I'm occasionally responsible for reviewing subordinate work flows and I feel that it's somewhat difficult to view their profiles as easy it is for myself. I'm sure there's an easier way to do this, but I havent found it yet.

Kathleen from Crafter of Words

Industry: Writing and Editing

Love how it keeps me accountable

I've been using Time Doctor for tracking my time for several years. I love how easy it is to use and how it hold you to account if it thinks you've changed focus. If I stop working on my project to take a phone call, it recognizes that I am no longer working on my computer. After my preset time has passed, Time Doctor pops up on my screen and asks, "Are you still working on X Project?" If the phone call is related to the project, I can say yes and include it in my time. If it is not, I can say no and Time Doctor will pause the timer for the project I was working on. The same is true if I am naughty and visit Facebook without pausing my timer.

Pros

It's intuitive function and how it knows to pause the timer if I quit working on a project.

Cons

The way it associates tasks and projects is a bit confusing at first.

Hitesh from Odoo

Easy to use, time accuracy it maintain and support is very great.

Main target to use software is save the time and using this i can save lot so other time can spend for family, otherwise i have no track of that. We do not have to worry about the time just click and start and stop, one more benefit report are generated automatically with various attributes which we can show to client.

Pros

Easy to use Dashboard with different report with accuracy Not allow us to open unwanted sites like fb, youtube etc support is very kind provide mobile support also

Cons

In Billing, once a card is added we cannot delete that. so it should be like we can delete and add new. in desktop application its start record time when we set task name and press enter, instead of that we should click on the start button in account we need to define some sites URL, so whenever user open that it stop time record without his permission.

Krylle from Ideas Unlimited, LLC.

Best Time Tracker Ever!

Great! I never had any problem with Time Doctor so far.

Pros

Time Doctor is the best time tracker ever. Now they have partnered with google and chrome. I can now track my time in any google apps. That is so convenient! No more wasted time. Thank you Time Doctor!

Cons

I don't think there is. We have never encountered issue so far.

Jon from AR International

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Works Well

Happy, Had some glitches early on, but that was primarily because i had a very dated computer.

Pros

What I liked is how it captures the screenshots of the actual activity. With other ones we have used like Toggl it just tracks the time and doesnt show activity that way.

Cons

When I want to time a new activity and I type that activity and clickj play it will have a pop up that said this activity already exists. Which is silly, its like I know it exists thats why i selected it and wanted it to start recording. In an old version it would pull up the already existing activity. Now, I need to put it in the search bar to find the proper one. Why not have the search bar and new activity bar be the same, and if it is existing give me the options as oppose to just saying the task already exists where i then need to do an additional step to search for it or go scrolling through my list of all activities. Hope that makes sense.

Ruslan from Convertful

Must-have for managing remote developers and freelancers

I'm using TimeDoctor for about 6 years across 3 different companies/teams, to manage remote workers. It helps me to track productivity, better estimate certain tasks in the future, and to quickly see when a person is not well-motivated.

Pros

1. It provides the abilities to track time in a really simple way. 2. It provides native applications for all major desktop OS (MacOS, Windows and Linux). 3. It provides the screenshots feature sometimes can really help to understand what's going on. 4. There's a really helpful team behind the product.

Cons

1. They removed GitHub integration. 2. Long and not-seamless sync of tasks with a remote system (I expect such things to work much faster and in background mode) 3. Our Linux developers sometimes experience issues with the app.

Sarah from WCSO

Industry: Public Safety

Timeless

I love this program, This tool is a must have when you are working long hours like myself and are trying to keep my life prioritized . It helps me keep up with my work breaks and potty runs. You can organized your entire day into hours to keep your schedule on track. It also helps with your gym reps too for when you are at the gym.

Pros

Cons

It can be confusing to work sometimes. You really just have to dig into it and learn the program. Besides that it is not too bad

Spent a lot of time researching - Time Doctor won out

After using my own spreadsheet to record my time use for some years, it became cumbersome and there were the inevitable "holes" in my tracking. After researching and using various software packages to track my time I settled on Time Doctor primarily for its ease of use. After using Time Doctor for a number of years I am very satisfied with my choice. Not only does it accurately track my time use but it also helps me to stay "on target" but I'm also able to quote my projects more confidently knowing how long my projects actually take. The entry of tasks is quick and easy; the breakdown of tasks in various reports is also a great benefit.

Pros

Ease of use, timely reminders, concise reports

Cons

Can't think of anything; my overall experience has been very positive and wish more software was as easy to use and as reliable.

Tiffani from Masters Business LLC

Peace of Mind in Keeping Track of Employee Pay

As a small business owner, it allows me to stay on track with payments, view all past activity, and change matters relating to payment with ease. I use another service to send payment because I couldn't get it to link with the payment services when I first started, but I love the archive features as well.

Pros

Especially when hiring new virtually employees, this software helps me keep an eye on new hires, in order to help them with any tasks, responsibilities, accountability, etc. They are able to install and use with ease.

Cons

Sign-in process is often clunky and stalls at times. Seems as if it's incompatible with my computer at times. Also, when I mark a week as "paid" on the first time, the option is not there. I need to click in "go back" and refresh and then the button is there. There are so many options sometime overwhelming when I want to do something new. I just stick with basics

Daniel from eBuilt Website Solutions

I recommend it to everyone I know...

Amazing. I couldn't imagine running my business without it.

Pros

I love the ease of use in getting this software working, and it does that straight out of the box. Very little setup is required and after 2 and a half years using it, neither myself or employees have ever had any issues with it. It makes Payroll a breeze, and I love how in depth the reporting is which makes working with clients so much easier being able to show them time reports and logs. I highly recommend this to anyone I know in the online industry and will continue to do so for a long time!

Cons

It would be great for the manual time if we could limit the amount that is allowed to be added.

Was brilliant until recent changes/improvements..

Up until recently I would have said 'brilliant, what a difference in my life'. Right now I'm looking at other options while I wait for the support team to send emails back and forth..

Pros

I have loved using timedoctor and referred many people to it. It has been amazing in helping me keep a track of time spent on different projects with numerous clients. It was also easy to go back and amend time if I had forgotten to change the activity when starting a call etc. Easy to use on the iPhone app while on the road.

Cons

Help desk and all interactions used to be via chat. That seems to have stopped - sadly! Recent changes have introduced a number of bugs that have made this month intolerable. I am really frustrated that a tool I had come to rely on so heavily and which has been a crucial part of my business management and billing process is failing.

Unmitigated Disaster

We are in software development ourselves and this whole platform reeks of something that was built by cheap, overseas, outsourced development teams, OR it was something that has been rushed to market. You need to avoid Time Doctor and Staff.com like the plague. The two companies are linked and perhaps merging because recently Staff.com had a message on their website that said something to the effect of "A TimeDoctor Company." They also have identical logos. Final thoughts: if you use Time Doctor to track work for your clients you are going to be in a world of hurt. You will overcharge and undercharge clients and when they figure it out (like ours did) they will be furious. A quick update: I notified Time Doctor over a week ago to close our account and to the surprise of absolutely no one, they haven't honored the request. Just terrible.

Pros

Having to email their support to cancel my account...I'm joking that was just the last annoying thing I was forced to do with this company. Nothing...I like absolutely nothing about it.

Cons

Absolutely terrible piece of software. I cannot for the life of me understand why this software has such high ratings. We used it for about six months and had nothing but problems with it. Some of the issues were: 1. Time not syncing between mobile, desktop, and web clients. 2. Time not accurately being tracked. 3. Unable to archive old project-tasks or projects. 4. Tasks and projects not syncing between mobile, desktop, and web clients. 5. Time is missing. In other words, time would be tracked and then disappear. 6. Employees who worked on sensitive areas like finance had their accounts set to blur screenshots. This never worked. They were completely in the clear which could have been a huge problem. This has been a disaster from start to finish. We've had to manually fix tracked-time, re-bill customers, refund customers, and start all over again with an much better alternative called HubStaff--whom I highly recommend. The biggest problem with Time Doctor is that we were working with their "support team" for over a month and supposedly they were working on fixing our problems...This turned out to be a lie. Nothing ever got fixed. The support team would never proactively give us any information regarding what they were working on and we always had to reach out to them for an update; the updates contained no actual progress information of any kind...So in other words: we were being blown off.

Response from Time Doctor

Replied October 2018

The customer has some genuine problems. We put the full attention of our team on these problems and they are all now solved. However they are very unhappy and have been posting the same negative review on multiple review sites. I think the review is unfair given that 99%+ of our customers are very happy and give us great reviews, and very few people had the problems that this customer had with the app. Our support was very attentive to them and the customer did not respond to all of our emails and requests. They are also promoting a competitor in the review, but thats fine we encourage you to try all competitors and see which app you like the best. So were really sorry but can say for sure that other customer will not experience the same problems as most of them were unique to that customer and are also now all solved.

Phat from Launch Deck

Great and simple software for tracking employees' time

Pros

Simplicity, nothing simpler than finding your task then press it to start your tracking session.

Cons

Sometimes the syncing of time can be incorrect when switching between multiple computers, which can cause loss of working time.

Gene from English Mafia Club

it is the most spectacular working tool I have in my company

Pros

The dashboard and reports where I can track my employees' activities. I use dashboard a lot to understand who is working on what and to see whether I can jump on a call with this person at this moment. Monthly reports and weekly reports also give me a good idea of how much time my staff has more.

Cons

The payroll report thing. It could be really improved a lot. The fields are structured in a confusing way so that you confuse hours with dollar values. Then also, finding the payroll report for last month was somewhat not easy for me first time. And there is no custom fields with comments. And I also cannot put a formula into the bonus field.

Kristofffer Lloyd from Ideas Unlimited LLC

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

God for tracking

Everything was smooth and totally satisfied with there service.

Pros

It was easy to use and very convenient, will be sharing to other friends

Cons

Sometimes it crashes but it`s okay, there support always remind us every time there`s updates or maintenance.

Gibran from Title One Management

The BEST time-tracking tool out there!

I really enjoy working with Time Doctor. I get this sense of gratification and achievement whenever I get into my dashboard after a long week and look at everything I did.

Pros

I really like the sense of accomplishment that the program offers. I'm able to create my own tasks and watch my overall performance on the dashboard. Im able to personalize my activities and add them manually through the app, which is super helpful. I only use it at my desktop (haven't tried on mobile) and every once in a while it takes captures of my screen to make sure that i'm actually being productive. Overall, it keeps excellent track of my activities and reminds me to work when I'm away for too long.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that, on some updates, the software seems to freeze and doesn't show the current working time. Even when you resync the desktop program, it stays the same. But it doesn't affect the overall time on the page, just on the app.

Thomas from Rethink Charity

Time Doctor has been a very important part of our company's operations

- Tracking remote employees - Heightened awareness of time usage for myself and others - Project planning based on prior time usage

Pros

I really love the integrations and being able to see so precisely the time use of my remote employees. Also it was a great way to become more aware of my time usage. The desktop app does make it easier to make changes faster, as it does seem to be far more responsive. Also it is much more of a clean design.

Cons

I think the updated desktop software is a bit clunky, at least the latest 'green' version that I've been using . The sidebar doesn't stay docked on each of my mac desktops, and I'm not sure that there are any shortcut keys. Glitches with bringing new people onboard as well. This has happened twice at this point. Richenda from my team has been in touch.

Michael from The Boelter Companies, Inc.

Best Multi-Platform Time Keeper

Very positive experience using the software. This tool has given me time back in my day by consolidating my time allocation and project reporting. The ability to use multiple interfaces efficiently allow me to bill time out more accurately and precisely.

Pros

- Ease of use - Ability to track time view desktop application, web or mobile interface - Ability to integrate with many external systems - Task management and control over categories/prioirties

Cons

That I cannot get more people to use the software for time tracking.

Reasons for Choosing Time Doctor

Multiple platforms Control over configuration Integration with external systems Cost

Migena from SED

Industry: Architecture & Planning

My experience as a 2 year user of Time Doctor

Time Doctor helped me get more concentrated in my work to finish my project on time.I became more correct with my timetable because it calculates every second used working.ALso,this proggram helps my boss to control our time at work even when he is away.

Pros

It is very user friendly.I like that it takes screenshots and is very detailed about the time you have spent working,the edited time and time used on mobile .

Cons

The fact that I can not find the overall time I have spent working on one project.If I have worked on a specific project one day and than a I work back on it after 10 days,I cannot find the total time I have work on both days.

Mark from Aetos Insurance

Very useful for our company

Pros

We have freelancers and work from home employees. The software allows us to monitor the time used accurately. Our freelancers are several kilometers from us by using time doctor we are able to pay them fairly and accurately based on the time rendered.

Cons

The software seems to be useful for freelancers and non routine employees. For routinary employees it is not so useful. Thus, there should be a cheaper alternative with lesser features than the full version. Though I intend to remove those employees in time doctor soon so we can save on expenses as the company grows we must prioritize only placing non routinary, work from home or freelance employees because that is where the screenshot features are most useful.

Miroslav from Galaximatic

Perfect for remote workers

Overall is a nice program easy to use, does what it is build for and has a good support.

Pros

It is very easy to use it. It is customizable so you can modify it as much as you want to, for instance you can have it showing when it makes a snapshot of the monitor when you are working. It also gives you the change to have multiple projects in your list so you can switch very easily.

Cons

There are those times when the window showing you the current worked time just doesn't want to show and you have to click on the desktop icon to see your time. And there is also the automatic pop-up when you just have started your break and browsing something and a window is showing to remind you to clock in to work (if you have forgot to do so).

Carolyn from Beaudoin Writes

Easy to use and implement...and budget-friendly!

I benefit from this software by getting a variety of reporting options and features for a relatively low cost. These are helpful for both me and my clients.

Pros

This software is perfect for freelance consultants needing to track project time and/or give clients access to project task breakdowns. It was easy for me to set up my clients with access credentials to their files. I also love how budget-friendly Time Doctor. It provides a scalable solution that should allow me to grow my team without too much fuss or further set-up required.

Cons

I don't have any particular dislikes about the software. Sometimes it is difficult to get ahold of customer support but they seem to have stepped up their game lately, so perhaps this is changing.

Response from Time Doctor

Replied March 2018

I saw that you had issues reaching out to our support team. I am now here to bridge that gap. Please, if I can help with anything, please direct your concerns to support@timedoctor.com

Samantha from Self-employed

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Very great tool for monitoring remote employees

Time Doctor has saved us tons of time and money as we are sure that workers are doing what they should be doing during hours logged in.

Pros

The best part of Time Doctor that differentiates it from the rest of similar apps is that it takes random screenshots throughout the duration of a user that is logged in. This allows us to view their activities and making sure that our workers are productive and time billed is spent wisely and efficiently.

Cons

The cost would be a factor, but they do have volume discounts so that's not really a deal breaker for us.

Oleg from Create Stores

TD helps me with IT business

Integrations are always have some problems, but it's implemented in correct way and support always glad to help you with it. So, it could take some time, but everything are possible with support, even if you lost something in manuals.

Pros

I like TD's integration with tickets systems and online support. It's comfortable to tune up TD for managers of sub teams and for clients. Everybody can see confirmed spend time and take the money for thier work. TD is very transparent system for all participations.

Cons

I do not know, TD helped me to solve all questions which I had.

Jim from HomeQwik

Time Doctor makes it extremely easy to track our employees time.

It's been great. I also use it for keeping track of my own hours.

Pros

We can pay our employees based on the hours Time Doctor records, and use that same data to bill our clients for our employees time.

Cons

It would be nice if an admin could change an employees email. With a lot of turnover and new employees often having the same name as former employees, it's a cumbersome process to change a previous employees email address. We can't delete old account or we would lose their data in case we needed to go back and show a client time worked.

Ryan from Coalition Technologies

Convenient, Easy to Use, Good Features

Rarely any issues. In the last 2 years I think it was only down twice. Helps with my own organization, as well as monitoring my team members.

Pros

Quick refreshes on data, fairly well organized, easy to use. Good features like screenshots and webcam shots.

Cons

Lists tasks individually on time spent, but no view to group these. Example if I am working on XYZ client in several different blocks, TD will show me that I spent 1 hour here, 3 hours here, and 30 minutes here. But no easy way to tally these up to see if in a given time period like in all of August, how many hours did I spend on XYZ client. This would be nice to use. Reviewing/Approving manual time entries is listed under Payments which is a weird spot.

Kevin from General Corporate Services, Inc.

Live streaming

Has made our remote work environment doable.

Pros

It has made our remot work environment possible. I don't think we could do it without this or similar software.

Cons

I wish it had a live streaming view so we can monitor current activity live. Does not need to record the stream - too much storage. But to be able to view streaming live would be very useful.

Michael from Yaeger Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Easy to use and cost effective

Detailed time tracking that makes the billing process to clients much easier.

Pros

Easy to track time. Great back-end functionality. Ability to assign admins that don't need time tracking. White-label client portal.

Cons

Screenshots are only retained for 12 months. It's too easy to track time on the wrong project. You can fix it quickly, but you end up with a few seconds tracked on the wrong task.

Response from Time Doctor

Replied September 2017

Screenshots are actually stored in the server from the time you started with Time Doctor. If you need help retrieving these, as long as theyre not deleted, please let us know.

Ana Maria from PhiladelphiaHouse.com

I am a user of this software and so far, I am having a very experience with this software.

The benefits I get from this software is keeping track of all the things I have done for the day without me having to take them note one by one.

Pros

It automatically reminds you of everything that you have done for the day as it has a list of your daily tasks wherein you could just copy for the "end-of-the-day" report. Keeping track of your productivity is easy.

Cons

Sometimes, when I am in a hurry and accidentally double clicked the icon, it takes time to open it. So I have to restart the computer to be able to use it.

Response from Time Doctor

Replied March 2018

We are glad to know that we are giving you a good experience with our software and email reports. With reference to the issue that you seem to experience though when you double click the app and then it takes time to open it, instead of restarting your computer, I suggest you open your task manager and end the task of the running Time Doctor application in the background. That should do the trick. :)

Bret from Prialto

Industry: Executive Office

I've used Time Doctor as a Country Manager for Prialto and it's been great, ease of use.

Daily visibility into tasks, work, utilization, I do not use it for payroll services.

Pros

They love the ease of access when switching between tasks (our projects are predetermined), as well as the reporting, very easy to export in several formats for utilization report.

Cons

The lack of control over a PC, it has screenshots but screen recording would be nice and the fact that screenshots pause when the TD software is put on pause, would be nice to keep running instead of giving an employee too much freedom by using workarounds.

Gemma from philadelphiahouse.com

My experience in time doctor is very amazing, because this software helps me to manage my time durir

I get so many benefits on this software, because I learned how to manage my time, my source of energy because I don't need to suffer my other things to do when I know how to use the time management

Pros

I like it the most especially during my working hours it helps me a lot to manage my time. I would definitely recommend this software to my friends who also have their own business

Cons

I don't have to say I like it the least because time doctor software helps me a lot. I would definitely recommend this software to my friends who also have their own business

Response from Time Doctor

Replied May 2018

Hi Gemma, We are truly glad to have contributed this much for you and your business. We thank you for your commendations, and we will continue to improve.

Sarah Bernardina from SPARCH Technical Support Services

Real Time Productivity Tracker

I have used Time Doctor when I started working online. My client provides us this tool. So far it's good for tracking employees or members that are Time-based.

Pros

It's Real Time, When it comes to tracking, it has user friendly dashboard and reporting views. Easy to access tools. Captures screenshots clearly. And also has the function of processing payroll and has many integrations that really works for online entrepreneurs that are managing a team.

Cons

The main app installed in the computer, the most updated one is actually not that user friendly. I still installed the old version which is much better. So far, only that is what I didn't like about it.